THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Madness [Evan, Nolli, Shade, Asche]

4 posters

Go down

Monday Madness [Evan, Nolli, Shade, Asche] Empty Monday Madness [Evan, Nolli, Shade, Asche]

Post by Inquiry Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:25 am

It was your typical Monday. The only day that Evan actually got up when the sun rose and headed home when it was beginning to darken- it was just the way his sleeping schedule went. Gradually through the week, it would shift enough so that by Thursday he was nocturnal, and by the Monday after, he was diurnal again.

It was only for this reason that, coming home from a once a week routine walk of the block, he came across something rather unsavory.

It was the racket that drew his attention at first-- from an alley way, a dropped (or knocked over, he wasn't sure) can of spray paint clattered loudly and then rolled into the street, followed by the sounds of a struggle.

Graffiti? Not that he minded graffiti, it was something that you rather got used to, growing up around the East district (the voice of the people, he told himself, no matter how tasteless or uncouth it could be at times. In the end most of it was rather colorful and gave the East district a flavor that he believed was lacking in the other areas of the city) It was the sounds of a fight and raised voices that worried him more than anything.

A mugging? Not on his watch!

Last edited by Inquiry on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Inquiry
Inquiry
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Monday Madness [Evan, Nolli, Shade, Asche] Empty Re: Monday Madness [Evan, Nolli, Shade, Asche]

Post by SoupX Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 am

Today, Nolli had been put to work by the city bright and early. He'd been assigned to clean up some of the graffiti around the block. At least they kept it in the East District... Often times, the city assigned him to places in the Substratum that required him to take a ride on the metro.

Nolli yawned, and proceeded to wipe his dirty hands on his one piece maintenance uniform. Nolli didn't hate the uniform, but it definitely wasn't his usual stlyle. Rolling up his sleeves, Nolli got back to work on his current project. The graffiti he'd been working on for the past hour was located in a rather sketchy ally, but Nolli had picked up his bucket and scrub brush and got to it because he knew he'd get crap from his manager if he didn't. Facing the wall, he furiously started scrubbing at the roughly sprayed obscene words. Sheesh, if you're gonna make graffiti, at least make tasteful graffiti.

"S-stop what you're doing, and turn around s-slowly with your hands up."

Nolli's eye's widened at the sound of the shaky words, who in the hell would want to rob a clean up guy? And in broad daylight too?? Nolli figured following orders was the best thing to do in this situation, especially since the speaker probably had a weapon of some sort. All Nolli had to defend himself with was a scrub brush. A thin sheet of perspiration formed on Nolli's brow as he swallowed and dropped the scrub brush. Raising his hands, he turned around slowly to face his attacker.

The kid couldn't have been more than 15 or 16. But then again, he had a knife. Looking about as nervous as Nolli felt, the mugger anxiously shifted his (or her, the kid had one of those feminine voices that was masculine at the same time) weight from one foot to the other. Swallowing again, Nolli started, "Hey, uh, let's just think about what--" He was cut off abruptly.

"SHUT UP!" The kid shouted, surprising even his or herself. "J-just empty your pockets!"

Should Nolli try to wrestle the knife away from his attacker? Be it boy or girl, Nolli had to admit they had balls, especially if this was their first time. The person seemed pretty unsure of what they were doing. Plus, Nolli was bigger and most likely stronger. Nolli stared blankly at the potential thief, then he suddenly screamed in attempt to surprise him (or her). Nolli lunged forward, sidestepping the knife and accidentally kicking a can of spray paint in the process.

SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Monday Madness [Evan, Nolli, Shade, Asche] Empty Re: Monday Madness [Evan, Nolli, Shade, Asche]

Post by Shade Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 am

Shade yawned slightly and stretched, walking quietly down the street. The limp she had been dealing with for the past couple of days had finally faded and the wound itself was doing much better. For once, she was somewhat... okay with what her uncle had done to her. Certain wounds healed much more quickly than others and it wasn't always a given, but this time, it had kicked in.

She glanced toward the opposite side of the street when a scream reached her ears. A confused frown tugged at her features - it wasn't often she heard men scream like that. Especially during the day. Actually, the last time she had heard similar, she had been the one causing the screaming.

"I'm probably going to regret this but..." she mumbled, jogging across the street when the way was clear. Casually flipping off some idiot who didn't know how to drive and honked at her, she came up behind the man she had noticed as she crossed. Scowling lightly at how he was taller than him, she stepped up behind and just to the side of him, not making a sound. Peering around his arm, she raised an eyebrow at the somewhat ridiculous scene in the alley.

"So, who's mugging who?" she asked, glancing up at the blond.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Asche Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:56 pm

The school had sent out a letter to all the incoming freshmen to attend orientation and pick up their class schedules. Not that Asche could’ve known. She did have difficulty reading. Her grandfather assumed that is was due to not being exposed to learning phonetics as a child…Anyways, back to orientation! A good handful of people didn’t go to events like these. Even Asche had originally planned to skip such an event to spend some more time helping her grandpa around the house, but the school had called the previous night and informed her grandfather.

So now we have the reluctant Asche walking down the streets to her soon-to-be school because her grandfather had sternly given her instructions to do so. His eyesight may be deteriorating, but not so much his willpower. In an attempt to prolong her arrival, the young girl decided to take the long route to the campus. She felt nervous being surrounded by a crowd full of new and unfamiliar faces. She gripped the spare light she had always kept in her pockets. After carrying around her super soaker and wearing her bracers the whole summer, she felt slightly exposed without them.

Stay clam Asche. Meeting new people isn’t hard. It’s not hard at all. I just have to say hi, smile, AND NOT RUN AWAY. Who am I kidding?! Grandpa, why do I have to go to school?! I don’t even know what I want to be when I grow up. Huh, isn’t that? There was a familiar hooded figure in the distance that caught Asche’s eye. The young girl became excited because she knew it had to be no one else but Shade to wear such heavy, dark clothing on a warm, bright day. She ran around the corner of the alley and exclaimed, “Shade, yay for detours!"

Maybe she had appeared in the wrong time because she saw two people, an older male wearing the city’s work uniform and, what she believed, an androgynous boy wrestling each other.

Last edited by Asche on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : please excuse my grammar)
Asche
Asche
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquiry Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Evan probably would have jumped straight into the fray (a glint of light-- was that a knife?!) had a voice behind his shoulder not made him pause and rethink.

"So, who's mugging who?"

He glanced over, and then looked at the young kid and the young man who appeared to be wearing a uniform. "I--" A pause. Ah well-- he could figure it out after. He didn't think someone who apparently was in the middle of work would be attacking a young kid-- would they? Unless... Unless it really wasn't a mugging? But-- Hell, he shook his head irritably. "You're not going to-- nevermind." He didn't give the girl a second glance before stepping into the alley.

"Hey! You two-!" The kid at least looked up, alarmed. The flash of sudden fear-- fear of getting caught?-- across his face made it clear what was going on. At this point, Evan wasn't really paying attention to what was going on in the street-- but apparently, this was more commotion than the young attacker had bargained for.

Outnumbered, and thus out muscled, the attacker (who apparently had already been spooked by the fact that his victim had fought back) back pedaled, and seemed to reconsider their decision.
Inquiry
Inquiry
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by SoupX Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 pm

"Hey! You two-!" At the sound of the words, Nolli's attacker stumbled backwards in surprise. Gasping for air after exerting so much effort, Nolli also fell back onto the seat of his pants. He'd managed to wrestle the knife from the kid's grasp without acquiring any serious injuries.

Still panting heavily, Nolli looked up to see who had intervened. An older blond man, maybe about the same height as Nolli, stood in front of two rather curious looking girls. Sweet, a crowd. Suddenly realizing what the scene that'd taken place probably looked like to outside eyes, Nolli excused his previous thought, and hastily tried to clear things up. "Just so -pant- we're clear, he,-" Nolli waved a finger at his attacker who stood, frozen. "He attacked me. I'm -pant- not a child molester." Nolli fell onto his back, exhausted, either the kid was stronger than he/she looked, or Nolli had overestimated his own strength.

Was this kid so strapped for cash that he/she was desperate enough to mug a city worker in broad daylight? Nolli bent his neck to look at the kid. "Hey kid, if ya need money so bad, why not just get a part-time job or something?"

The kid, who was now curled into a ball, sobbed quietly to his/herself. Tsk, not a very strong composition, eh? Nolli couldn't feel much pity, however, because regardless of how pathetic the kid was, he/she had still tried to mug him.

Perhaps the attacker knew that he/she was outnumbered, or perhaps he/she'd just given up, but what happened next took Nolli by surprise. The mugger pulled off the hat he/she'd been wearing, allowing a wave of bright red hair to tumble to her shoulders. She continued to weep as she wiped her dirty face with a dark sleeve. CLEARLY, a chick. Ohhh, this looks baad. Nolli worriedly glanced over to the crowd, hoping for his sake that they believed him.
SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:32 pm

"You're not going to-- nevermind."

Shade raised an amused eyebrow at the blond as he cut himself off. Did she really look any more capable of breaking up the pair than he was? He was taller and somewhat broader than her and there was no way he could know about her mutation so it led one to assume that he'd be better suited. She watched him step forward and spoke up.

“Shade, yay for detours!"

Turning slightly, she took in Asche's approaching form. She tensed, half-expecting the exuberant teen to throw her arms around the harbinger in greeting. "Hello Asche," she responded, sparing a swift glance to make sure she didn't have her water gun, and turned back to the three in the alley.

Shade cocked her head, watching the attacker, a girl apparently, cry. She wasn't sure if the girl was acting or not. Either way, it seemed ridiculous. Was she crying because she had gotten caught and was afraid the police would be called? Not that anyone other than the blond looked remotely interested or capable of calling them.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Asche Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:26 am

Asche was too excited over Shade’s greeting and had missed the event that had rolled out in front of her. There was now a blonde figure that had appeared in the scene and apparently the androgynous boy was replaced with a girl that was wearing the same clothing and now the man in the uniform was troubled, probably because he found out he was wrestling with a girl instead of a boy.

Hmm… Maybe the person was an extremely androgynous male so to make sure she was not mistaken, maybe calming down the uniformed person in the process, Asche asked the curled up figure,
“So you’re a girl?” The pretty red-head had shot her a glance and cried, “Of course I am!” High-pitched, that most likely confirms it unless the red-head hadn't went through puberty yet. Asche gave another glance and gave a nod, the girl's face, not an androgynous male, was really pretty despite having snot hanging from her nose. Ignoring the snot, Asche was interesting if the girl was skipping orientation, but, when she asked, the figure on the floor shot back, “What’s it matter to you?!”

Although she was a bit taken back her words, Asche quickly replied,
"Unfaaaiir~ I don't wanna go either."

“Why?” Apparently Asche got the red-heads interest. The colour of the girl’s hair suddenly reminded her of someone she had met recently, but Asche had put the thought aside for now and answered the girl’s question. “Meeting people... I’m bad at it.” Asche felt embarrassed after the sentence had left her mouth, giving a quick blush.

The red-head seemed more composed, but gave a sniffle here and there.
Asche
Asche
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquiry Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 am

"Just so -pant- we're clear, he,-" A pause and a gesture. Evan paused to glance between the two. "He attacked me. I'm -pant- not a child molester." The worker fell back, but at least it didn't look like they were going to shank each other any time soon. evan relaxed, sighing and walking over to the city worker, offering a hand. The other one surely looked guilty-- guilty and thwarted. Evan was about to open his mouth to say something reprimanding, but suddenly the boy was a girl-- judging by the look on the face of the man next to him, Evan assumed he hadn't known, but...

Augh, why did things have to be complicated?

“So you’re a girl?”

One of the young women behind him spoke up, startling Evan out of his thoughts. he'd all but forgotten they were there. He watched their exchange with a raised eyebrow. Was this all important, really?

He waited for their quick conversation to lull, before cutting in.

"Excuse me, but I think it's best we call the authorities."
He shot a meaningful if you run I will find you glance at both Nolli and the teen attacker, and then at the two women at the mouth of the alley (great help they were!). "At least, that's what I would do. Don't know, are you feeling particularly merciful today, mister...?" He looked back at Nolli. He was the one who'd just been attacked.
Inquiry
Inquiry
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by SoupX Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:55 am

Nolli accepted the blond's hand and stood up. Managing to regain his composure, he nodded his appreciation to the man, and brushed off his filthy uniform. Nolli, still holding the knife, tossed it aside (way out of reach of the red-head.)

“So you’re a girl?” One of the girls standing behind the blond spoke up.
“Of course I am!” The attacker shrieked. Yup, definitely a girl.

The blond interjected again, "Excuse me, but I think it's best we call the authorities," he shot everyone a glance, then looked back at Nolli. "At least, that's what I would do. Don't know, are you feeling particularly merciful today, mister...?

Nolli sighed and rubbed the back of his neck with his less filthy hand, "Well, I'd at least like to hear my attacker's side of the story first..." His gaze fell upon the young red-head. "If you don't share, that's fine, we'll just call the cops," he added with a slight edge in his voice.

The girl's eyes fell downwards, her previous sobs had been reduced to a small sniff every now and then. "I'm running away..."

When the girl didn't continue, Nolli prodded, "uhh, from who?" Or what...

"What's it to you?!" said the girl, defensively. Nolli stared at her blankly, though it didn't show on his face, he was getting more and more irritated with this girl's attitude. Wow, now you're just asking for it... Nolli had given her a chance to explain herself, and she wasn't showing the appreciation he'd expected. He looked over at the blond, "Welp, go ahead and call the authorities."

"WAIT, I'M SORRY!!" the panicked girl looked up at him with desperation. So pathetic...

Nolli looked back at her, an eyebrow raised, "What?" He waited for a response.

SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Shade just watched quietly. She wasn't quite sure why she hadn't just walked away, but figured that it was because she was bored. Maybe she'd find something simple to do later, something didn't involve bounties or explosions or getting set on fire.

“Meeting people... I’m bad at it.”

A small, amused smile tugged at her lips and she couldn't help but reach up and ruffle Asche's hair at that. Hm. Well, that explained that, kind of. Maybe she'd give Trevor a call and see how he was.

She let her hand fall again and crossed her arms at the look the blond shot their way. Raising an eyebrow, she cocked her head. What the hell was that supposed to mean? She sighed softly, again disliking that she really didn't have a clue where other people were concerned.

When the girl said she was running away, Shade rolled her eyes and stepped forward, speaking up before the girl could. "Did you even think things through?" she asked, voice conveying her annoyance well. And if she pushed the girl into speaking, all the better. "Or are you one of those idiots that thinks that since you've had a fight with your family, you're going to run away because they're so horrible to you? And don't try to claim that they're poor. Your clothes are of good quality - North District, I'd say, or fairly close - and currently in fashion so, either you aren't good enough of a thief to have stolen them, or, for whatever reason, you're putting on an act now. Which is it?"
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Asche Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:56 am

"Excuse me, but I think it's best we call the authorities. At least, that's what I would do. Don't know, are you feeling particularly merciful today, mister...?"

The police? Isn’t that a bit drastic? That’s a whole lot of unnecessary trouble to bring here. Asche didn’t like the idea at ALL. Weren’t they just wrestling each other? The maintenance work seemed a bit irritated which means Asche misread the situation once again. Maybe the young red-head was attacking the maintenance work because he was wiping away her work (graffiti)... but every graffiti artist knows that not everything stays.

She observed the teen loner and began to sympathize with her, mainly because she was someone around her age. Apparently she had ran away, but she wouldn’t tell from who…or what. Nontheless, that doesn’t mean you attack some random city worker that’s just doing his job. There seems to be something more to this.

Before Asche had given more thought to the situation, Shade ruffled Asche’s head.There was such comforting warmth she did, but it all disappeared when Shade started reprimanding the red-head girl before the red-head could reply to the worker’s question.

Your clothes are of good quality - North District, I'd say, or fairly close - and currently in fashion so, either you aren't good enough of a thief to have stolen them, or, for whatever reason, you're putting on an act now. Which is it?"

Uhh…everything seems to be a bit steamy now. Her clothes did scream out north district. Was that true? The red-head seemed more defensive now, especially now that two of them were pressuring questions on her and one of the two had cut her off before she had the chance to reply. This isn’t good. The red-head bit her lip and Asche mirrored.

We need to cool things down. Asche eyed the spray can and an idea popped into the heat. Let's do some communication, East District's style. Asche walked over to the side of the blonde man to pick up the spray can. Everyone was a bit curious what the young girl was thinking as she had handed it to the other girl. Asche began whispering something to the red-head. They both got up and Asche began speaking in her short, barely understandable sentences again,
"It's getting steamy. 4 on 1 isn't fun. She...wait, your name?" "Maggie," the red-head replied Okay, Maggie will answer your questions in a calming way...hopefully. As Maggie neared the wall with the spray can, Asche had covered her nose with her scard and recommended cover their noses as well. Maggie began extending her arm, and sprayed a few lines on the wall. This would make more work for the city worker, but Asche didn't particularly mind. There was no such things as an empty wall in the East District, such a things was only temporary. Someone had asked what they were doing and Asche replied reluctantly, "Hangman."Asche had wanted to do pictionary, but the red-head had insisted hangman. She wouldn't have offfered hangman if she knew that the red-head would pick it. Asche just wanted to give her a comfort of options to make her feel more in control.

Great, they're playing a game that I definitely won't be able to play...that is, if they play. Gret, now Asche was worried if everyone would go along with it.
Asche
Asche
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquiry Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:14 am

Evan raised an eyebrow as (what he now assumed was) the youngest picked up the can of spray paint- but he said nothing, and did notihng, simply watching instead. None of this was supposed to be taking this long- Evan had supposed it was better than people getting truly hurt, but... what were they doing now?

He folded his arms infron of his chest, watching as the girl, Maggie, went to the wall. Oh. Well there was the city worker's hard work down the drain. He shot a sympathetic glance at Nolli, though the other three certainly didn't look upset in the slightest.

"He just cleaned that up..."
He murmured, running a hand through his hair, but he pulled his jacket up to cover his mouth. If they were going to play games... well, he could leave any time he wanted to, he supposed.

Actually, he wasn't even sure if he wanted to be caught playing along with the others. This was vandalism, and he needed to keep his reputation clean. If they got caught...

He turned to step out of the alley.
Inquiry
Inquiry
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by SoupX Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:06 am

It was true that this girl, Maggie, did appear to be from North district. Nolli watched, growing even more agitated, as one of the female onlookers picked up a can of spray paint and handed it to Maggie. Oh dear, you can't possibly be doing what I think you're doing... Nolli slapped his forehead in exasperation, and leaned against the side of the ally. He proceeded to rub his temples due to a small headache that'd started to manifest due to his low blood pressure. God, I need my meds...

Glaring, as the girl went to spray on the wall he'd just worked so hard to clean, he muttered, "Are you fucking kidding me..." Nolli shot a look at the young one who'd even recommended this stupid idea in the first place. Seeing as how the red-head hailed from the North, it was unlikely she'd even touched a can of spray paint in her entire life. Nolli pulled up his tee-shirt over his nose as she started to spray something onto the wall. His previous suspicions were confirmed as he witnessed Maggie's clumsy, inexperienced movements.

"He just cleaned that up..." At least someone around here has some goddamned common decency... Nolli watched from the corner of his eye as the blond started to leave. Must not want to get caught vandalizing a public facility...

Nolli looked up when Maggie finished spraying. He snorted, Fucking hangman... Nolli sighed and gingerly tried to soothe his growing headache with his fingers. "Listen kids," Nolli glanced at both Maggie and the girl who'd given her the spray can. "If you want to play hangman on the wall that I just cleaned without getting arrested for vandalism and assault, the very least you can do it clean it up." Otherwise, I swear I'm calling the cops

He sat back down, the pain behind his eyes had started to pulse. He dug around in his uniform to see if he was carrying any extra medication. Nothing. Shit.
SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Shade sighed and stepped forward. With the only responsible looking adult apparently leaving and the other looking to have a migraine, it was obvious that they weren't going to do anything. She reached forward and plucked the can from this Maggie's hand, giving a flat look through her goggles to both younger girls.

"Asche, if you want to tag, do it where someone isn't going to see." Her head turned slightly toward the other girl. "I don't really care what the hell you do or your reasons. I suggest though, that you apologize to this man and then go home before you get yourself into more trouble. I'll put up with whatever from her," and here was a nod at Asche, "Because I like her. You, I don't know or give a damn about."

She looked at the man after that mild speech, an oddity for her, and passed him the spray paint before digging a small bottle out of her pocket and offering it as well. It was just some aspirin, mostly empty, but it had worked pretty well for her and her leg.

"C'mon Asche. I'll walk you to school."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Asche Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:00 pm

The blonde had slipped from the group quietly and almost without notice. This was an obvious sign to Asche that maybe they weren’t these people to encourage graffiti to. Wrong place and wrong time once again.

“Listen kids, if you want to play hangman on the wall that I just cleaned without getting arrested for vandalism and assault, the very least you can do it clean it up.

Maggie had been staring right at Asche with an accusing glare right. Yes, I know I made it worse, Asche had thought. Asche had been to stunned at the outcome that she wasn’t sure what to do. Then the man started having some sort of attack or fit. Asche’s eyes widened and imagined newspaper headlines of a city worker dying – Killed by Teen’s Graffiti, Hangman Kills, and a few other alternative titles that were no better than the first two she had thought of. Maggie just intensified her glare. Asche still wasn’t sure what to say, afraid to make the situation worse. Shade had interjected once again and great timing too! Asche would have no clue what to do if she were along.

“Asche, if you want to tag, do it where someone isn’t going to see.” Shade also spoke to Maggie. ”I don’t really care what the hell you do or your reasons. I suggest though, that you apologize to this man and then go home before you get yourself into more trouble. I’ll put up with her because I like her. You, I don’t know or give a damn about.”

I like her, was the line that stood out to Asche. She was unbelievably happy from that one line. Does that mean we’re friends? That’d be nice. But maybe right now isn’t the best time to be day dreaming. The other teen is still in a bad situation and Shade had offered a bottle of some medication to the city worker.

C’mon Asche. I’ll walk you to school.”

What?! We’re leaving already? After the whole mess I’ve caused?! That doesn’t seem right Asche gave Maggie an apologetic stare because she had wanted to at least lighten the situation. Turning her head to Shade, “I’ll stay…need to help clean. It’s mainly my fault with hangman. After releasing a heavy sigh, Asche knew that if this is how things turned out today, she’ll have a whole lot of trouble in high school.
Asche
Asche
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by SoupX Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 am

Nolli gratefully took the bottle of pills from the dark-clothed girl-- Shade, according to what that other girl had called her.... Asche, was it? He vaguely recalled their conversation from while he was recovering his breath.

Nodding his appreciation, Nolli brought the bottle to his lips and tipped his head back. Downing one or two... or seven aspirins, he closed his eyes and listened to the two girls converse.

"C'mon Asche. I'll walk you to school."

“I’ll stay…need to help clean. It’s mainly my fault with hangman."

Eyes still closed, Nolli snorted and muttered something under his breath, "you sure you're not just playin' hooky?"

Opening his eyes to slits, he turned his head toward Maggie, who now stood against the wall looking irritable. Brat. On any other day, Nolli would have dealt with this situation in a much nicer, more polite way. Today, however, he was in an especially bad mood. Fuckin,' kids.

Nolli turned towards Asche and Shade; though he admittedly wanted the Asche kid to clean up the mess, he wanted them to get to school more. Education is important... "Whatever, just go to school, I'll clean up this mess." His words were slurring. He felt so, so faint. Making a half-assed attempt to shoo them away with a wave, Nolli glared at Maggie. "And you, you just go back to where you came from. Someone like you can't last long on their own," he snarled. For some reason, he was more pissed at Maggie for running away than for mugging him.

Nolli attempted to stand, using the wall as a crutch. As soon as he managed to get to his feet, the pain in his head worsened and his vision turned black. Crumpling to the ground, he felt the cold, hard asphalt come into contact with his face. Nolli, you dumbass. He lost consciousness.

Spoiler:

SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:45 am

Shade tilted her head as the man downed more aspirin than was the recommended dosage. Must be worse than she thought.

Turning her attention back to Asche, she sighed and nodded, hearing what the man said and absently wondering what the hell 'hooky' was and how you played it. Was that another one of those kid's games that she had never heard of before?

"Your call Asche," she said. After all, it wasn't like she was in school or had any reason to be. The only benefit to how her uncle had 'raised' her was that she had her graduate's equivalent.

Absently turning her attention back to the man, she frowned. He shouldn't be standing yet, if how his words were slurring were any indication. She was going to say as much when he passed out, taking her by surprise. There was no way for her to reach him in time and she couldn't do more with her mutation than throw a 'mattress' under him, saving him the face full of asphalt and associated road rash, but not any bruises since she hadn't been able to soften the landing any.

Huffing, she tossed a glare at Maggie who had hollered something about how it wasn't her fault that the guy had died and bolted. Evidently things had finally gotten to her... Or Shade's use of power scared her off. Eh. Whatever.

She crouched next to the worker and gently rolled him onto his back, tugging off one of her own gloves to check his pulse, pupils, and temperature. He seemed okay so... Why had he fainted?

Spoiler:
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down