THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Time||Alayn & Shiro

2 posters

Go down

Coffee Time||Alayn & Shiro Empty Coffee Time||Alayn & Shiro

Post by izoarashi Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Alayn sighed. She was currently sitting at her favorite café in the West District, slowly sipping her coffee. Yesterday, she had finished off the last of her coffee beans, so she had to resort to going to the café. She honestly preferred her homemade coffee, but the coffee served here was the next best choice in her opinion. In any case, she was bored, and there was nothing and no one to cure that problem.

Glancing down at her phone, she quickly set a 15 minutes timer. She was only going to stay here for the self-allotted time before she left to do whatever came to mind. Otherwise, she was just going to be bored out of her mind. Taking a look out of the window, she idly watched the pedestrians walk by while sipping her coffee.

A few minutes passed with nothing of interest happening. Alayn closed her eyes and yawned. Turns out she might actually need to get another cup of coffee, or she would essentially be a zombie later on in the day. Getting up, she threw away her empty coffee cup and got in line for another.
izoarashi
izoarashi
Retired

Back to top Go down

Coffee Time||Alayn & Shiro Empty Re: Coffee Time||Alayn & Shiro

Post by Shiro Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:59 am

It was just another day. Another hellish day filled with boredom. The white-haired man let out a small sigh as he walked down the crowded road. It was a Tuesday, and Tuesdays meant cookie days. Yes. He had set himself a cookie day. A day of cookies. A day filled with soft, delicious cookies that simply melted in your mouth. And where better to get it than the usual place? Literally skipping past the groups of people, he entered the café. The smell of coffee and sweetness hit him, and man did it smell awesome.

Wearing his usual lop-sided grin, he walked towards the line for the register.
So...what will it be today... he thought, his mind wandering to all the different types of chocolately assortments. Chocolate chip, or perhaps an eclipse cookie. His mouth watered just at the thought. But his thoughts were soon burned to a crisp when a red-headed stranger decided to cut in front of him. His face suddenly darkned as he raised his hand towards her, flicking her on the back of her head before calling out loudly, "Oiiiiiii..."
Shiro
Shiro
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by izoarashi Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:13 pm

“Oiiiii…”

When Alayn felt someone poke the back of her head, she lazily turned around. In front of her was a man with an eye patch over his right eye. Glancing over him, she quickly accessed that he was slightly annoyed for some reason.

“Uh… Can I help you?”

She didn’t think that she had done anything to really piss anyone off today… yet. His bright white hair brought her eyes up, and in doing so, she noticed the bright cyan eyes of the man. They were such a strange color. Those strange colored eyes marked the man in front of her as a Harbinger.
Suddenly wary, Alayn tensed before smirking. It would be better if they didn’t fight, but if it came down to it, she would be ready.

“Hello there. How may I help you this fine morning?”

She smiled seductively. Suddenly, it seemed like her day was shaping up. Perhaps this man could entertain her for at least a little while. He did seem to have the potential for entertainment in any case. She just hoped that it wouldn’t blow up in her face.
izoarashi
izoarashi
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiro Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:54 pm

“Uh… Can I help you?”

He found himself staring into pools of violet. Hah, as if normal people could have violet eyes. She was probably an alien, or maybe a dinosaur...that looked oddly like a human. There was a book on that somewhere. He seemed happy at the conclusion he had come to, but deep inside, he knew what she was; the same thing as him, a Harbinger. Though she didn't seem that threatening (yet), and plus, he could always run away in a snap if he had to.

“Hello there. How may I help you this fine morning?”

Her voice seemed to snap him out of his little world as his eyes adjusted to the red-head in front of him. She wore a smile on her face, one of those I-want-to-kill-you smiles. Great.

"Ah yes, I have come to inform you that your brain has left your head. If you're interested in retrieving it, please go to the end of the line.

He crossed his arms, waiting for her reaction. Somehow, she didn't seem like that type of person to just listen to what other people say. And something told him that she wanted something from him. Halle-fucking-lujah. What a great way to start his Tuesday morning.*
Shiro
Shiro
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by izoarashi Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:10 am

Hearing the reason she was poked in the head, Alayn simply shrugged. Quite frankly, she didn’t care a single bit about cutting in line. As long as she was able to get her precious coffee, she would do anything. After all, it would be hard to ‘seize the day’ if you were a zombie, right?

However, she knew that this man had realized that she was also a Harbinger. It wasn’t that hard. Her violet eyes truly stood out. But since she hadn’t been attacked, and judging by the fact that the entire café wasn’t asleep yet, she knew he was also adopting a wait and see approach. This was definitely proving to be an entertaining day.

“So? I live by the phrase, ‘carpe diem’, and if I’m half dead for the day, then there’s no way I can get any kind of entertainment.”

Smirking, she felt that this statement would be enough to provoke an interesting enough reaction from this man. Although it was honestly unintentional, cutting in line seemed to be the best thing that she had done today.
izoarashi
izoarashi
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiro Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Carpe de...what the hell was this woman talking about, he wondered.

"I'm sorry, but does it look like I care...?"

He gave her a funny frown. Fine, if this woman wasn't about to move, he'd just had to make her. After all, to strangers, he was no stranger. Grabbing the woman by the waist, he hauled her up to his shoulder before stepping up the line to the waiter and ordering his food.

"You can just entertain yourself up there for a while...because nothing gets in between me and my food."

All he had wanted was to come here like a normal person and enjoy his coffee, but of course, something always had to come up. Shaking his head in disbelief, he had almost forgotten that he was still carrying her. Well, he had already ordered his stuff, so maybe he should just be nice and set her down. Or he could just drop her, which was exactly what he did. Letting go of his hold on her, he waited as he weight disappeared from his shoulder. Whether she managed to land safely was none of his business. Then turning around, he looked down at the harbinger.

"So red head, what's you name?"
Shiro
Shiro
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by izoarashi Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:52 am

Well, that was embarrassing. Alayn honestly couldn’t believe she had just been picked up and dropped without the man even breaking a sweat. Slightly wincing, she slowly got up from her place on the floor. Dusting herself off, she paused before replying.

“I’m Alayn. I would say that it was nice to meet you, but I don’t really think that’s true.”

She paused, unsure of what else to say. After all, this man had already expressed his displeasure at her. Well, what she assumed was displeasure, in any case. It wasn’t as if she could read minds, after all.

Suddenly, she let out a loud yawn. The lack of caffeine was really getting to her.

“Well, I would love to stay and ask what your name is, but I really need that cup of coffee. So as much as I want something entertaining to happen, I don’t feel like being a zombie for the rest of the day.”

With that statement, Alayn turned and got back in line, hoping that she could finally get her badly needed cup of coffee.
izoarashi
izoarashi
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiro Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:51 am

Alayn...A lane? He chuckled at his own joke before turning back to retrieve his order. It seemed that the man had been calling him for sometime now, but he just hadn't the patience to care. Taking the little bag and the coffee cup, he made his way out of the store, passing by her once more. It seemed that she had actually listened for once and got in line. Stopping for a moment beside her, he placed his coffee cup on her head.

"I'm Shiro, pleasure."

With that, he continued on and exited the cafe, wondering if the strange woman would follow him. No matter, he had his cookie, and he was happy. Now he just had to escape that noisy hellhole so he could actually find somewhere to enjoy his little snack peacefully. Taking a turn left on the streets, he made his way down the road, his coat swaying left and right while dappling on his shoulders. Sticking a cookie in his mouth, he grinned a bit. Guess this wouldn't be such a bad day after all~.

Last edited by Shiro on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiro
Shiro
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by izoarashi Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Alayn was surprised. She had thought that Shiro disliked her. But what she got instead was a cup of coffee. Alayn stood still for a moment before realizing that the man had already left the café. After taking a small moment to check the time, she downed her coffee and left the café as well. Glancing around, she quickly spotted Shiro.

“Hey, wait up!”

Alayn ran up to him and latched herself onto his arm. Giving him a flirty smile, she spoke.

“Ne, why did you leave without me? I told you that I love entertaining things, so I’ve decided that you will entertain me for the rest of the day. Besides, I need to thank you for the coffee. Not a lot of people are really ever that nice to me, to be honest. I am… special, after all.”

Her smile disappeared for a split second before she covered it with a smile. Now wasn’t the time for sad thoughts. Besides, she was sure that her sister was having a good time wherever she was now.

So, what do you want to do today, Shiro? Hopefully, it’s something fun!”
izoarashi
izoarashi
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiro Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:12 am

He didn't really care for the fact that she was making it harder to eat his food. He struggled for a while to wriggle out of her grasp, but knowing how stubborn woman could be, he had no choice but to let up his efforts in the end.

"You talk a lot don't you."

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair before responding to her question.

"I left simply because it's too crowded and noisy in there. I never asked you to follow...nor did you ask me to wait. And that's great...because I totally look like a walking television...As for the coffee...just think of it as a gift from a stranger.

He paused as she mention that she was 'special'. To a normal person, that could mean anything, but he knew exactly what kind of special she was talking about. Perhaps this was the time to get more infomation out of this woman, it might just save his life later on...

"Special? The fact that my eyeballs haven't burned out of their sockets make you quite special already. And as for fun...what's your definition of fun...jumping off a building? Because there is only so much I can do..."
Shiro
Shiro
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by izoarashi Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:47 am

Alayn pouted at Shiro’s words. Why was it always up to her to come up with fun things to do? She knew she wasn’t the only one in the city to have some imagination. Honestly. Why did she always have to do the work?

“Hmm. What can we do in this city that’s fun..?”

Taking a moment to think, she hung onto Shiro’s arm, making sure that he couldn’t escape her. She needed her entertainment, lest she die of boredom. Looking around, she saw a sign at the corner of her eye. Turning her head to see, she saw an advertisement for an amusement park.

“Would an amusement park work…? No way. The lines are usually way too long.”

She thought aloud, showing no notice of any strange glances sent her way. Suddenly, an alarm went off and she quickly took out her phone. It was a reminder that she had a coupon for 50% off at any store she wanted at a mall. Her eyes lit up and she looked at Shiro with a smile.

“Hey, you should come with me to the mall! I need to get some new clothes, and I really want some company! Do you want to come?”

She wasn’t going to take no for an answer, but she always thought that it was nice to give people the illusion of choice.

izoarashi
izoarashi
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiro Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:52 pm

This woman had just ruined all his plans for the day, and by plans, he meant chilling on rooftops and feeding the pigeons. He raised an eyebrow at her words. Fun? His definition of fun was practically doing nothing. Feeling her grab back onto his arm, he let out a sigh. They passed by a few signs, one had an advertisement for an item of some sorts, the other had something that looked like an park of some sorts.

"Amusement park...not in the mood today..."

Also, what she said about the lines was true as well. If anything, he had no patience. A small buzzing noise shook him from his thinking as he looked down to see her fidget with some type of electronic. The mall, clothes? He couldn't help but stop in his tracks and turn to her.

"It sounds to me as if you're asking me on a date." He tipped her chin up with a finger so that she was looking at him."Because that wouldn't be too smart wouldn't you say?"

He looked at her for a few more seconds before walking back down the path they were on. He looked back and beckoned with a hand.

"So you coming?"

He shot her a grin. Well, there wasn't anything he was busy with so why not? Plus, this girl seemed entertaining enough, and it had been a while since he had had some fun with another person. Hopefully, this will be enough for her to finally leave him alone.
Shiro
Shiro
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by izoarashi Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 am

Alayn let out a laugh and began dragging Shiro in the direction of the mall. It wasn’t often that someone would agree to go shopping with her. Things tended to get a little… crazy when she was around. She usually ended up doing some pretty strange things for entertainment, after all. In fact, shopping wasn’t usually a big priority when she went to the mall. It was high on the list, but she mainly wanted to have some fun.

“Ne, where should we go first? There are so many things I want to do! First, I need to get some lingerie and pick up a package I ordered. Then we have to stop by some shops for new clothes, and maybe even some shoes. Oh, and we have to stop by the arcade! I haven’t been there in ages. Anything you want to do, Shiro?”

Hopefully, his imagination would get fixed so that he could contribute some interesting ideas. Anything that was entertaining to do was good. He hadn’t given any good ideas yet, but she was confident that he would pull through. Anyone that nice to strangers couldn’t be that boring, could he?
izoarashi
izoarashi
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down