THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

laтe nιgнт ѕнenanιganѕ [chris; shade]

2 posters

Go down

laтe nιgнт ѕнenanιganѕ [chris; shade] Empty laтe nιgнт ѕнenanιganѕ [chris; shade]

Post by Chris Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 pm

It was getting dark. The sun had already disappeared and a crescent of the moon was rising into the sky, but light still hovered over the horizon and it was casting a faint glow over the East side of the City. On normal nights, the streets would have been rather quiet, as everyone would have settled into their cozy houses. But that night had been different from the point when Chris had made the brilliant decision to mess with a gang member.

(Well, he didn’t know if the guy was in fact a gang member, but they way he had held an air of arrogant superiority, Chris only assumed as much.)

It had been earlier that day, when the sun was still high and people were out and about. Chris had decided to get up to some trouble. He hadn’t had any thrills for a while and was looking for the chance to take a risk. So when he saw a tough looking guy at the local shopping centre - tall and broad shouldered, ripped jeans and t-shirt, with tattoos covering almost every inch of his body and an angry demeanour - he weighed his chances and went for it.

He had walked by the guy, ever so smoothly bumping shoulders with him, which looked rather inconspicuous since it had been crowded. He had slipped the guy’s wallet from his back pocket with clever hands, and had walked away without another glance back. But he hadn’t been as inconspicuous as he thought. The guy had noticed, caught on, and was then tailing Chris through the crowd, shouting at the perpetrator to stop, someone grab him, he has my wallet, the broccoli head, he stole my goddamn wallet!

Chris had gotten away easily. He slipped through the crowd with an ease that his victim didn’t have. But this time he wasn’t in a crowd. This time it was dark, his victim had spotted him walking down the street, his unusual hairstyle so obviously familiar. This time the guy had friends. And Chris wasn’t getting away as easily as he would have hoped.

Chris sprinted down the street as fast as he could. The tough guy and four of his buddies were close behind him, shouting obscenities and threats at his back. Chris didn’t doubt for a second that the threats weren’t just empty words.

One of the faster guys caught up to Chris and managed to trip him, and Chris went sprawling across the pavement. He feverishly tried to get back up, but too late, they were hovering over him in no time at all and he knew he was busted. Fuck. Shit. Fuck. Fuck.

“So you thought you could steal from me, huh?” the tough guy spat at him through gritted teeth. He crouched over Chris, placing his face too close to his for any comfort. Chris reacted by spitting in his face. “You fuckin’ piece of shit!” In one movement, the guy straightened himself up and landed a kick to Chris’ gut. Chris curled up on the ground and let out a whimper.

He had to act fast. Before the guy, or any of his buddies, could land another blow on him. Chris effortlessly made a clone. And another. And another. Until there was six green-haired teens huddled on the ground, all in the same clothing.

The gang members were dumbstruck, obviously confused if they were seeing things right. “The fuc-”

In a split second the clones sprung from the ground and were tackling the other men to the ground. “And this is when I make a fabulous exit,” the real Chris muttered to himself under all the shouting and curses. He scurried from the ground and took off again down the road, but in no time at all he knew his little diversion hadn’t been a complete success. The yelling was following him. He suspected some of his clones must’ve been badly injured, or at least couldn’t hold off all of them.

In that case, he knew he was screwed. His power and a pocketknife were his only defences, and if they had overpowered that, he was a dead man for sure. His only hope was that someone was going to take pity on him and help him, but the chances of that were slim, since for one, not a lot of people would be just hanging around in the streets at night, and two, these were big scary gang members he was dealing with.

Well, fuck me.
Chris
Chris
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

laтe nιgнт ѕнenanιganѕ [chris; shade] Empty Re: laтe nιgнт ѕнenanιganѕ [chris; shade]

Post by Shade Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Shade huffed in aggravation. Why the hell did people have to be such cowards? It was just a pizza, but since the sun had just set, no one was willing to deliver the stupid thing. Hell, they weren't even willing to take orders over the phone at this time. Which led to where she was now, walking down an East District street to go order the damn thing since Felix claimed he was in the middle of something he just couldn't walk away from and Blanch was in another of his moods. At least she really didn't give a damn about the fact it was night out or that she was alone.

Stretching her arms over her head, she took in a deep breath, enjoying how the air had cooled several degrees from the heat of the day. Letting her hands drop again, she tugged her hood down in the same movement. She may as well enjoy the breeze while she walked, idly watching as people just seemed to vanish with the sunlight as she tugged off her gloves and shoved them into her pockets.

Humming softly to herself, Shade completely missed the sound of running footsteps coming from around the corner she was nearing. As a result, she turned the corner and was taken by surprise, catching a flash of green as she was barreled into.

Now what is going on?!
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

laтe nιgнт ѕнenanιganѕ [chris; shade] Empty Re: laтe nιgнт ѕнenanιganѕ [chris; shade]

Post by Chris Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Chris sharply rounded a corner onto another street, hoping desperately to lose his pursuers in doing so. Just as he turned, he wasn’t looking straight, and fell into someone. Oomph! He stumbled backwards and caught his balance just in time. He looked up for a brief second to see the outline of a person. “Oh shit, sorry,” he blurted, before hearing the voices behind him again and being knocked back to reality. He took off again down the street, looking back to see if the men were anywhere close yet (and noticing just then that the person he had bumped into was a girl). He idly hoped that they wouldn’t cause her trouble too, but then at the same time he also greedily wished that they would, as it would slow them down and make getting away a little easier.

To his silent pleasure, he could hear what sounded like some trouble going on behind him. But he didn’t look back to see what it was, he had to keep going. Just get as for away…

And then he could feel it coming on.

He was expecting it, really. With as many clones that he produced, it was sure to drain him earlier than usual. He could feel his temples swell and the back of his eyes throb with pain, as well as the familiar prickle, the urge to make injury. I better find a place to hide, then.

He slid into a small alleyway, praying that his pursuers didn’t see it, because when he looked up he knew he would have no escape once they found him. A brick wall stood tall at the end of the alley. Fuck. Chris slid down the wall, fighting back the oncoming migraine and scratching fervently at the inside of his wrist, slowly tearing the skin and letting the blood drip to his fingers and to the dirt ground.

He called back his clones. No point in keeping them there anymore when they had done their job, and when he knew full well that the longer he put it off, the worse his symptoms would get. Besides, he would need them later most likely, and he needed as much strength as he could get.
Chris
Chris
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 am

Hitting the ground with a harsh thud, Shade cried out in surprise and pain, biting her tongue in the process. "Fuck!" She pushed to her feet again, spinning to yell after Chris. "Watch where you're going!"

Huffing in irritation, she turned to continue the way she had been headed, starting to put the jerk with the funny hair out of her mind. Of course, she completely forgot about him when she saw the five men running toward her. Trying to scramble out of the way, she didn't quite make it, accidentally tripping up the guy with the most tattoos.

Shade yelped as she hit the pavement again, the guy landing on top of her and winding her somewhat. She blinked away the stars that resulted from her head striking the concrete.

"You stupid fucking bitch!" he snarled, pushing himself up to loom over her, a knee to either side of her hips.

"You're the one who wasn't watching where you were going," she snapped back. Her position and the fact she was outnumbered just didn't register to her. Of course, even if it had, she still would have said that.

The man's expression twisted and his anger shifted from Chris to Shade. "Shut your mouth you fucking whore," was his retort, accompanied by a punch to her side. He laughed at how she tried to curl up on her side, gasping in pain. "You want to use your mouth so bad, I can think of better things for you to do."

One of the other men crouched near her head, Chris having been completely forgotten by all of them, and cocked his head. "I'd rather use something other than her mouth. She might bite," he leered, getting laughter from his friends before he pushed her onto her back again, grabbing at her chest.

Shade's eyes widened under her goggles. She was naive, yes, but she wasn't stupid. She knew exactly what they were getting at. She started to struggle as hard as she could, not that it mattered much. It was easy for them to overpower her and hold her down.

Oh fuck this.

As the one on her fumbled at her pants, Shade pulled up some energy and let it lash out without direction. Ignoring the screams of pain and fear, she forced herself to her feet, absently noting that she had been doing that entirely too much recently, and put her back to the nearby building. Taking in what had happened to them, she couldn't help but wince. One was unconscious, his head bleeding; another was grabbing at his crotch, obviously the source of the highest pitch scream; the one who had grabbed her chest was flopping around on the ground, screaming breathlessly as he held his broken arm, the limb bent the wrong way and with the bone protruding from his skin; the one who had been on her was easily the worst off, bleeding from several wounds, at least one broken leg, and broken ribs to judge by the wheezing quality to his breathing; and the last was unharmed, though he was staring at her with wide, terrified eyes and piss soaked jeans.

Glaring at him through her goggles, she took some satisfaction in how he squeaked and flinched away, throwing his arms over his head.

"I catch any of you trying that again, and you will not have another chance to regret it," she growled, pushing back the momentary head rush she experienced at the sudden use of energy.

Looking down the street, she just barely caught sight of green hair diving into an alley. Starting that way, the primary thought on her mind was that if he was a part of what had nearly happened to her, she'd make him regret it.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 pm

The screams down the street brought the night alive. Chris jumped from his skin and clawed more viciously at his wrist, more out of anxiety than his restitution. His heart hammered in his chest, threatening to break through his ribs. The fuck?

He dared only a peak at the street from his hiding place and instantly regretted it. The men who had been chasing him were strewn across the pavement, writhing as though in immense pain. He could have guessed as much from the screams before; they were distinctly masculine, with the exception of one very high pitch. But what the screams couldn’t help him identify was the cause of their pain. And there, standing over all the fallen men in answer to his silent question, was what he assumed was the very source: the girl he had conveniently ran over just minutes before.

And she was looking right at him.

Chris flinched back behind the wall. Oh fuck, oh fuck. I’m gonna die. She’s gonna kill me. Oh fuck. Oh fuck!

He didn’t understand how she did it. How exactly was she able to overpower five very strong men? And if she could do that to five men, what would she do to one very weak green-haired boy? He cringed further into the alleyway, as though it could further hide him from the nightmare in the street, but he had the gut feeling there was no more hiding or running away now.

He could scarcely hear the approaching footsteps, but they grew louder with every second (ever so conveniently, his migraine was coming to it’s climax, and he clutched at his temples hopelessly). When the footsteps were slowing to a stop in front of his hiding place, he opened eyes that he hadn’t realized were shut tightly the whole time.

“D-don’t come any-any closer… I ha-have a gun!” he choked out lamely, and physically facepalmed himself for the unbelievable lie.
Chris
Chris
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:30 am

“D-don’t come any-any closer… I ha-have a gun!”

Shade quirked an eyebrow at that then snorted, tugging her goggles down so she could see him better. "Either you're lying and you were running from them, or you really do have a gun, which means those guys are your friends, because, why would you run from someone when you have a gun to chase them off with?" She crouched in front of him to better study him. The first thing she noticed was the blood on his wrist and fingertips. Had he caused that himself? Most people used their palms to try to stop bleeding, not their fingers. The next she noticed were his eyes. Another harbinger. And he was taller than her too. Maybe it was a genetic thing?

Tilting her head slightly, she added on, "I'm sure you can figure out which one is the better scenario. For you at any rate." Normally she wasn't one to terrify people, but her mood wasn't the greatest right now. And she had learned that people were more likely to be honest if they were scared. Especially if they thought they were about to feel a lot of pain. And, judging by this guy's expression, that's exactly what he thought.

Last edited by PsychoWing on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:11 pm

She snorted.

Chris looked up into black eyes, which seemed to glow despite being in complete darkness (besides the crescent of a moon that hung lazily above them, and the few lampposts that stood erect outside the alleyway, but that surely wasn‘t enough light to make eyes glow so vividly). He figured they were kind of like cat’s eyes, the way they reflected back anything. Which, in earnest, wasn’t normal, and led him to the conclusion that therefore she wasn’t normal. The facts leading up to that moment all pointed in that direction; it only took a second’s thought to realize he was dealing with another harbinger.

Of course. Chris wanted to facepalm himself again, but restrained his reaction.

"Either you're lying and you were running from them, or you really do have a gun, which means those guys are your friends, because, why would you run from someone when you have a gun to chase them off with?"

Chris laughed awkwardly and slid his sleeves down his wrists, covering the bloody mess from view. He had noticed the girl’s close observation of him, and he wanted nothing better than to hide away from those metallic eyes. Crap.

"I'm sure you can figure out which one is the better scenario. For you at any rate."

The way she spoke unhinged him. She must’ve known she had Chris in the palm of her hand.

He cleared his throat and spoke with averted eyes. “Okay, so I don’t have a gun. You caught me.” He looked up with a sheepish smile, straight into her eyes, and held it like that for a moment before his smile faltered. “Look, um… I don’t know them… Seriously… They were after me, I-swear-to-god-I-don’t-deal-with-those-kind-of-people. Just d-don’t hurt me, please.” His voice was pleading, and he mildly hoped that she was getting some sort of satisfaction out of kicking his pride.

By then his headache was finally subsiding, leaving only pleasant relief in its wake. Maybe then he could start to think more clearly, but the small voice in his head was saying, Pft, fat chance you numb-skull.

Chris sighed.
Chris
Chris
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 am

Shade sighed, leaning back on her heels. "Alright, calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." She believed him - it was hard to fake fear like that. And even with her bad mood, however righteous it might have been, scaring some guy that hadn't meant for any of that to happen didn't sit well with her.

"You're just lucky I can take care of myself. That's a pretty low fucking thing to do, leaving someone in the middle of a bunch of pissed off morons." Yeah, she wasn't going to hurt him, but that didn't mean she particularly liked him right now either. She was trying to work on her compassion and understanding other people and that, but her head hurt too much for her to care about that right now.

She absently wondered if he felt any sort of guilt or anything for nearly getting her raped. Hell, she was in a bad enough mood that she'd ask him. "Especially since it was clear they were ready to hurt someone. What would you have done if it had been a normal guy you ran into? Would you have let them beat and probably kill him? And if it was a regular girl? Would you have let them rape her?"

Shaking her head, Shade straightened and just looked down at Chirs before sighing, speaking again before he could respond. "Nevermind. I don't care. You'll live?" she asked, gesturing at his wrist. Like him or not, she'd feel bad if she found out he died after she had walked away.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down