THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking to Ghosts -- Trace, Shade (complete)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Talking to Ghosts -- Trace, Shade (complete) Empty Talking to Ghosts -- Trace, Shade (complete)

Post by Shade Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:08 am

This was a bit of a novel experience for her, exploring the inside of a florist’s. She wanted to do something for her parents and had heard that flowers were a good way to say things that you couldn’t find the words for.

It had been twelve years since the accident, and she hadn’t been able to see them since. Not even her discomfort at being in the North District would stop her this year. And she needed to do this alone, to prove to herself that her uncle wouldn’t stop her from living her life the way she wanted to.

Approaching the clerk, Shade requested flowers that would represent what she wanted to say to be bundled into a simple bouquet. She watched absently as the woman gathered together a few white carnations, several cosmos and geraniums and pansy, and two stems of larkspur. Transaction completed, she stepped out into the morning sunlight and made her way down the street, trying not to get lost in thought so she didn't end up actually lost.

Pausing at the wrought iron gates, she sighed before making her way in, walking slowly along the path until she reached a matching set of polished marble, letters and numbers etched into the stone. Gently setting the bouquet in between, Shade settled a couple feet away, curling her legs in toward her.

“Hey mom, dad. I’m sorry I’ve never been able to visit. I’ve heard that you can see and hear everything now, so I’m sure you know why...” She sighed softly, one hand reaching up to absently fiddle with the edge of her hood. "Things have been pretty interesting recently. I've met a lot of people and I think I might even be able to call a couple of them friends, if what I think the word means is actually what it means..."

Most of the rest of the day was spent in this way, talking softly to the wind.

Flower pics and meanings:
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

Talking to Ghosts -- Trace, Shade (complete) Empty Re: Talking to Ghosts -- Trace, Shade (complete)

Post by Trace Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Trace had not planned to make any specific stops on this particular day; nor did he usually, but that wasn't the point. It always turned out that way, didn't it? Fate warping places and events and circumstances like an able puppeteer, and there he was walking without paying a second thought and completely at fate's mercy. So when he ended up in the North District outside a flower shop just before the sun began to set, he didn't question it. He just strolled right on in and headed straight for the hydrangeas. The minute he'd ended up at the door he knew what he was there to buy. They were his favorite flowers through and through, and there was no way he didn't show up there at that exact moment not to get them.

He was similarly not shocked at all when his feet led him, of their own volition, to none other than a cemetery. And not just any cemetery. It just so happened that he managed to unconsciously walk right up to the wrought iron gates of the specific Northern District cemetery that housed his sister. He didn't so much as flinch before entering and walking silently to the grave, the way he used to do often. It was almost a routine, and it felt like riding a bicycle after a while of neglecting it. Like he had missed something, but he was getting back on the right path again. Only literally speaking as well.

He sat cross-legged in front of the smooth marble stone, watching the metal placard embedded into its surface, covered in letters and numbers that meant nothing to anyone else but him. That's what this was, really. A trash heap to most people, save select spots. No one cared about the dead that weren't important to them. Yes, they made sure to respect them and not trample over their graves, but then the same could be said about someone walking through a dump. You wouldn't want to step on a piece of garbage, would you? Nope. And that was how the dead were seen by most. An integral part of the cemetery, but unrelated and irrelevant at the most.

He heard a girl's voice carried by the wind as he laid down his signature purple hydrangeas in front of the polished marble stone.

Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Talking to Ghosts -- Trace, Shade (complete) Empty Re: Talking to Ghosts -- Trace, Shade (complete)

Post by Shade Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:11 pm

"So yeah, I have determined that I do not like flamethrowers or molotovs at all, but considering what I just told you, I doubt you're surprised," Shade was saying, finishing what had happened while she was going after 'Match'. She coughed a couple times, mouth and throat dry after several hours of talking. Why hadn't she thought ahead and brought something to drink? Or eat for that matter, she wondered as her stomach growled.

Sighing softly, she climbed to her feet after gently touching each name. "I'll try not to take so long to visit again. And I promise that I'll take care of myself... I love you both. And I miss you." And with a final pat to the headstones, she turned to start away, watching where she set her feet but not much else.

As she walked, she couldn't help but reflect on things that had happened. And she couldn't help that her thoughts turned toward her uncle. How such a foul man could be related to her father, she'd never know.

I wonder if he was able to replace all of that equipment I destroyed.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Trace ignored the sound of the girl's voice -- after all, this was a private place, and the last thing he wanted to do was eavesdrop on some girl mourning her dead family. That had all sorts of bad karma written on it -- in permanent marker, no less. Trace usually liked to stay far away from anything inked in such a way by the hands of fate, and this case would be no different. He'd just finish up what he came here to do (though he didn't come here of his own volition, on second thought), and then he'd leave. It was that simple. No detours, no eavesdropping, no karmic doom for him. Everything sounded just about right.

He reached out with his palm facing upwards, and slowly drew up a few beads of moisture from the grass. They wobbled in the air as they rose, before spinning as if being juggled by tiny, invisible hands. Then, they flung themselves at each other and merged into a small bead of water, dropping on the polished surface of the marker.

Trace got up soundlessly and turned around, a small smile on his face. He'd accomplished what he'd set out to do, and now it was onto the next mission.

Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 pm

As lost in thought as she was, Shade didn't notice when she and Trace rounded the same corner of a mausoleum and bumped into one another. She stumbled back, surprised, and lost her footing, falling back onto her ass with a soft 'oof'. Wincing, she looked up again, an apology on her lips.

"Sorry, I wasn't lo-- Oh, you again." She forgot what his name was, but she definitely recognized him. After all, not only did he work for Fye, but he had also called her a vampire. Well, to be honest, she hadn't exactly reacted the best to that, but some of it she was putting it down to the pain from that leg wound. Thankfully, that had finally healed otherwise the tumble she had just taken would have hurt quite a bit.

Huffing softly, she stood and brushed herself off then looked at him. "Are you okay?" Hopefully this meeting wouldn't go as rough as the last one. He seemed like a nice enough guy after all. And Fye seemed to like him so that was a point in the blond's favor.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 am

One moment Trace was rounding a remarkably large (and pretty fancy) mausoleum, and the next he took a tumble, grabbing onto the corner of the polished stone to prevent him from landing completely on the ground, something the person he collided with -- that girl from the other day -- hadn't been lucky enough to. He stood up straight, letting go of the mausoleum (there was only so much grave-touching a guy should be allowed to do daily, you know?) and sticking his gloved hands in his pockets. Trace smirked a little at the girl's reaction to him. Look at me, being all memorable-like.

"I'm good, though I'm pretty sure my karma stat's taken a direct hit from molesting the pure and sacred surface of this mausoleum," he said, nodding his head in it's direction. "I'm thinking it will survive, though."

He was only marginally tempted to ask her what she was doing here, because that was her business for starters, and also because he reached the realization that he didn't particularly care about why she was there either. Let dead dogs lie or something? Or perhaps that was inappropriate considering the fact that they were standing in a cemetery. Oh well. His karma could afford to drop a little more -- he'd been saving up recently, what with all the brave rescues and selfless deeds he'd been doing.

Last edited by synchro on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Shade blinked a few times, something hard to be seen with those dark goggles she was wearing, and frowned softly in confusion. "Karma? What the hell is that? Is that like... a food or something?" She was pretty sure she had heard of something similar before. Oh, what was it? Right, shawarma. She wondered if it was the same thing or just some other foreign thing.

Snapped from her thoughts as he talked, she tilted her head a little, absently wondering what he was doing here. Or, rather, the coincidence to it. After all, what were the odds of the one time she actually comes to the North District she encounters someone that she had just recently met? If she was a more paranoid person, she might think she was being followed. But she wasn't, and even she knew enough not to ask why someone was in a cemetery.

She reached up and adjusted her hood, a little put out at how he talked. That was a pretty... flamboyant way of phrasing things and rather distinctive as well. How she had forgotten about that was beyond her. Huffing softly, she shook her head a little. "I'm sorry, but what was your name again?"
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:39 am

Trace couldn't help but chuckle at that.

"Of course -- it's the most bittersweet slice of humble pie you'll ever taste."

That was actually a pretty good description, in his opinion. If this girl -- Shade -- stopped by Fye's baker again to get a bite to eat, he'd make sure to ask her (straight-faced, of course) if she'd like a slice of karma to go, on the house. Just the thought of that made him grin. It would be so, so sweet. It would be one of those moments you'd just need to take a picture of so you could frame it and keep it with you forever. The kind where you'd look back in twenty years and laugh at how incredibly stupid and hilarious it was.

"It's Trace."

He pondered saying nice to meet you but that'd be awkward considering they'd already met before. So he just settled for a smile.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Shade stared at him for a few moments before frowning lightly. She had heard the phrase 'humble pie' before and she knew that that wasn't really a food. "You know, it's not nice to pick on someone just because they don't understand something," she muttered with a scowl. And if she had known what karma was, she would have added on that it was bad karma as well.

Her scowl shifted to a pout and she looked away. Geez, she hated when people did that and made fun of her. It really wasn't her fault she didn't know this stuff. Huffing softly, she looked at him again, forcing a smile since she was trying to be more polite than last time. "Oh, I wanted to say sorry for what happened at the bakery. I hadn't been having a good day and I don't like being called a vampire." And that wasn't her fault either - looking like one that is.

"Anyway, sorry again. For that and today. You have a good day," she said with another forced smile and turned to go.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Well, that was certainly not what he expected, especially not from her. It made him feel a bit guilty, to be honest. He hadn't meant to make fun of her. He was just being clever -- and to be honest, that was pretty damn clever if he did say so himself. Which he did, a thousand times over. That'd be something he'd have to write down in his journal later -- Karma: the most bittersweet slice of humble pie you'll ever taste.

And then she went on to apologize for the incident at the bakery. Jeez. That made him feel even more guilty, seeing as how he'd set her off that time, albeit unintentionally.

And just like that she turned to go, not leaving him with a chance to say anything.

He bit his lip and reached out.

"Hey -- Shade? Listen, I wasn't trying to upset you or anything!" God, this was so strange. He ran a hand through his hair and gave a little sheepish grin. "I mean, yeah the incident at the bakery was pretty intense, but it's all bueno, I swear!" And it was. No sense in her apologizing for something that was so long ago Trace could barely remember it (which was a gross exaggeration but that was besides the point).

"Look, I'm sorry about that too."
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 pm

She tensed a little when he caught her arm, turning back toward him as he let go to ruffle his hair and speak. A few more of those hidden blinks and then she was smiling, one that was actually genuine, especially when compared to earlier. She shook her head before speaking as well. "It's okay. It was a misunderstanding." She tilted her head to the side, confused. "One thing though, what does bueno mean?" She didn't know anything really of foreign languages and hadn't ever had any inclination toward learning either. Hopefully he didn't decide to pull her leg again.

And actually, now that Shade was thinking about it, maybe she should learn another language. Not that she had any clue what. Of course, that would probably end up confusing her more since there'd then be two languages, two cultures to get confused over. She should probably not do that then, especially since she still needed to figure out people in the city first. Which brought up the question of how many differing ones were in the city...

Oh, hell, she was never going to understand people.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:44 am

Wow, look at that, he thought. A bona fide miracle. He definitely didn't voice that one, on one hand because it was kind of rude, and on the other because after that question he didn't want to confuse her with yet another language, especially a dead one. But yeah, less witty internal commentary.

"That would be 'good' in Spanish."

Trace was sort of a connoisseur of languages. He loved the way languages sounded, the way there were certain things in various languages that just couldn't be translated, the way certain phrases existed in a language, not only untranslatable, but also describing sensations, ways of life, experiences, and entire ideas. Languages were just so cool, and he liked to submerge himself in as many languages as possible. It was kind of one of his things.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:21 am

She nodded slowly. All she really knew of Spanish/Mexican things was tacos and that kind of food and that some of them wore sombreros and ponchos - and even she wasn't naive enough to think they all did or that there wasn't anything else to it. She just didn't know any of the rest. "Do you know a lot of other languages or is that the only one?"

Shade nodded again as he answered before asking another question. "How are you liking working with Fye?" Just because she still wasn't quite sure what to think of this blond didn't mean she wanted him to have lost the job or anything like that. Plus, it didn't hurt for the taller male to have some help since she was fairly certain he was the only one who worked there and he seemed to work pretty hard so someone to help and let him take time off was a good thing as far as she was concerned.

Actually, now that she was thinking on it, she still needed to go back for those eclairs.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Oh, would you look at that. The two of them had already hopped from the Stranger Danger rung to the Polite Strangers rung, and it looked like now they were wandering into Informed Strangers, or perhaps even higher territory. This was just oh-so scandalous. Trace didn't know if he could handle such heat. He was just a boy you know -- but a young teenager. He didn't know if he was ready for such commitment.

"Yeah, languages are kind of my thing. One of my things."

The next question made him smirk. Working with Fye was cool. Like ice cool -- the kind of ice cool you expect from those commercial for gum and mints, the ones always subpar to your expectations because all you taste is sugar, not the brain-numbing feeling of your gums and tongue turning to solid ice like you wanted. But that might've just been one of his idiosyncrasies. Oh well.

"Working with Fye is the bomb. Solid 10/10. Would recommend."
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Shade nodded slowly again, chewing on her lips a little. Well, she was pretty much out of questions now, not being well versed in small talk or general interaction with people really. The only thing she could really think of would be to ask him why he was here in the cemetery, but she knew enough not to ask that. And if she did, then it was likely that he'd ask her why she was here and she didn't want to say. Didn't want to verbally acknowledge anything that could lead her uncle to her. Not while she was still underage.

"Fye's really experienced with bounties," she offered, shuffling her feet a little. "When I finish healing, I'm hoping to ask him if he'd mind giving me some advice or pointers. I'd have been a lot worse off than just this," she tapped her leg lightly with a fingertip, "If he hadn't been there." She shrugged lightly, resting her weight on her uninjured leg and started to absently play with the fingers of one glove.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 am

Oh. Well this was certainly a shocker. No one had told him about any super cool bounty missions going on under the cover of darkness. But then again, he never asked, and they weren't really his thing. He wasn't especially surprised at the news, lest for the fact that Fye didn't seem to show any signs of just having heroically saved the damsel in distress from the burning tower and getting rid of the fearsome dragon. Really, now spoils of war, no battle scars, and no afterglow.

-- Afterglow?

Was that really the right term to even use?

"Well, I'm not too surprised. The Dragon of Emberwheat Bakery has a reputation that precedes him."

He thought about it for a moment.

"Even though he doesn't necessarily seem like the Bounty Hunter type of guy."

If there was even such an archetype, which he was sure there was. He raised an eyebrow when the topic turned to her injury. Meaning they had probably done some intense fighting with whoever the target was. Interesting. He'd make sure to go do a little research on his own and cross-reference the list of recently (re?)captured bounty targets with the dates that Fye had some important (and cryptic, as usual) 'work' to do. Perhaps he'd find something useful himself.

"It's to be expected, though. He is a veteran, you know. I'm sure it was an honor to fight with him."

Not to be cliché or anything. It probably would. And her injury a badge of courage.

He laughed to himself. That was almost poetic.

Last edited by Trace on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 am

Shade laughed softly and shook her head. "No, he doesn't. Even taking into account how stoic he is, he's very kind." Much like how she hoped her father had been. "He gave food to a friend and me and bandaged my friend's arm. Told us we could go back for food any time and that harbingers are always welcome."

The thing with Trace looking up bounties that had been turned in when Fye hadn't been working was that the bounty had been before the younger blond had been hired, so he wasn't likely to know which day it could have been. But hey, good luck to him.

She nodded this time. "Yeah. It was definitely something to watch." When she could actually see to be able to do so and wasn't panicking over the teleporter, that is. "He was actually able to redirect the bounty's midair trajectory just by throwing the sheath to his sword. It was... I've never seen anything like it before." To be fair, prior to these past few months, she hadn't seen a lot of things.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Yup, that definitely sounded like Fye or his name wasn't Trace Gannon. Which, of course, was a joke because, well. You know. He didn't actually know Fye all that well at all, but then that wasn't a surprise since Fye was just his boss and he'd only been working for him for, what? A few weeks at the most? Maybe a month and a few days?

You couldn't really know anyone, though, could you? Trace didn't even know himself, and hell, he'd known himself for a good 16 years. People were full of surprises -- that was one thing that life in the Radius had taught him, much less the life of a harbinger.

"The dragon with a heart of gold."

The details of his heroics, however, were of much more interest to him than the man's particular idiosyncracies.

Redirect the trajectory of the bounty targert? Using just a sheath? As in, hitting them with enough force to change their directon? That would take an inordnate amount of strength, but then Fye had been a mercenary hadn't he?

"Wow, that is pretty impressive!"

Apparently you can teach an old dragon new tricks.

Heh.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 am

Shade tilted her head at Trace then smiled, a little shy and tentative, but happy. "You know, I'm happy that we cleared things up Trace." After all, there were enough people who hated others in the city as it was, especially when said people being hated were harbingers. And all because of that genetic quirk that they couldn't help having.

And that thought made her wonder how much progress her uncle had made in his 'studies', which then promptly made her feel ill. After all, if he had continued his experiments then that meant that someone else had taken her place. And she wouldn't wish that on anyone, it had hurt entirely too much and he hadn't been willing to permanently damage her; who knew what he would do to someone else or how many other 'volunteers' he had gone through.

Shaking the thoughts off, she strengthened her faltering smile. Shuffling her feet a little, she bit her lip before speaking up. "This is going to sound dumb, but... how do you tell if someone is your friend? I'm not... I don't know how that works."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Trace chuckled slightly. Wow. This was all sort of expected. You know, she'd seemed to hate his guts not even a second ago (okay maybe it was a lot longer than a second, but...) and now it almost seemed like she liked him. In any case, she seemed glad that they got started on the right foot finally, and that was something that he could agree on. You do catch more honey with flies -- and it's always nice to not make too many enemies, right?

He smiled a wide smile, nodding. "Me too, Shade."

As for harbinger hatred, that wasn't something he really ever had to deal with. Sure his eyes weren't the conventional shade, but they were normal-looking enough to make it awkward to point out even if someone did suspect him of being one of them. Sure that was mostly out of embarrassment, but -- Hey, if you can get away with something, you might as well. And he wasn't one to just look a gift horse in the mouth.

Her next question, however, threw him for a loop. His eyebrows furrowed a bit in concentration as he thought of how to respond, or what the right answer was even -- if there was one. Friends weren't exactly his specialty. He was tempted to give her a facetious answer, but for some reason -- maybe pity, curiosity (or maybe kinship even?) -- he was unable to bring himself to do it. After a few moments he nodded a bit to himself, satisfied with what he came up with.

"Well, when you start to genuinely like someone and think they're fun to be around -- and they seem to enjoy hanging around you too... Well, I'd say that's where friendship starts."

Last edited by Trace on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Shade nodded slowly at what he said, clearly taking it in and turning it over in her mind. She supposed that made sense, even with a broadly as that could be taken. Of course, knowing how the other person felt was a difficult task for most people and nearly impossible for her without already having known them for a good while, and even then she was still wrong a lot of the time. Felix was probably the easiest for her to read simply because he had like no motivation for anything that didn't pertain to his computers or his books. Or avoiding her attempts at cooking.

Nodding a bit to herself, Shade tilted her head at Trace. "So, like, if two people enjoy a conversation, and wouldn't object to having another, that could be considered like that, right?" she asked, watching him before she shuffled her feet a little, shifting to keep her weight off her left leg. "Would you say that... we kind of fall into that category?"

Feeling the soft blush start to creep over her cheeks, the brunette ducked her head a little, silently cursing not only how awkward she was around people but also how pale her skin was and how easily it showed when she got embarrassed.

"It's okay if you don't think so," she rushed out, backpedaling verbally. "I just... I'm wondering," she finished a bit lamely, lightly grabbing one elbow with the opposite hand as she stared at the ground in front of the toes of her sneakers. Yes, she would love to have more friends, but she didn't like feeling like she was being laughed at and that had been happening a lot recently. She really hoped that Trace didn't do that.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Fri May 31, 2013 10:19 pm

If there was one thing he had to give Shade credit for, it would be her focus. She seemed almost rapt, as if his words were a multifaceted diamond--a goldmine of wealth all wrapped up in the smooth velvety embrace of maple syrup and bacon. Yes, that was totally the perfect use of figurative language ever thought up. He absently wondered about his future in the poetry business--that was, if his apparent prodigious wise mentor slash introspective philosopher gig didn't pan out. There really was no substitute for job security anymore, was there?

He smiled a little as she followed up with her question. Who would've thought it? The sheer shock value was reality TV-worthy at the very least.

"Well."

He watched her peek her nose out of her little groundhog hole only to scamper back into the farthest recesses.

"From the definition I gave you before, it would seem so, wouldn't it?"
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Glancing up when he started to talk, Shade ducked her head again just as quickly. He didn't seem like he was going to make fun of her again, but she didn't want him to see her expression fall if he did.

Blinking a few times, she looked up at Trace as he agreed with what she said. Another couple of blinks and a wide, somewhat shy smile was spreading over her lips. She stepped forward suddenly and hugged him, her arms going around his torso. It was interesting for her to have met a guy who wasn't several inches taller than her and she hadn't really noticed that until just now.

"I'm happy that we're friends," she said, stepping back again. She really did need to start remembering that she shouldn't just do up and touch and hug people like that. She just forgot at times that some people didn't like to be touched and that just because she was excited wasn't a good enough reason. "Sorry." She shuffled her feet a little, hoping that she hadn't just upset him and made him change his mind.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trace Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Trace watched Shade intently, surprised at how meek and shy she seemed. This was a far cry from femme fatale Shade, ready to tear off arms with her superhuman strength at the slightest mention of the v-word which must not be named. Actually, on second thought maybe femme fatale wasn't the right descriptor. Trace struggled to keep his composure and avoid bursting out laughing at the mixed mirth and horror that that piece of imagery wrought within him. He'd have to save that one for the book he liked to call 'Things I think of that make me want to simultaneously laugh till the end of time and cry my memory of saying them away.' Of course that book didn't really exist (or did it?), but all the same he liked to think it did.

Then came the hug, which was a whole blend of shocking that was apparently lost to humanity until that very moment.

Trace scratched his head, at a loss for what to say.

"I'm..."

He trailed off.

"Me too, Shade."

He gave her a bright smile.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:53 am

She smiled back just as widely then looked down in surprise as her pocket buzzed. Tugging it out, she read the text quickly then sighed. Felix was so damn lazy. There was a small corner grocery less than three blocks from their building but he had to text her and tell her to go pick up some stuff rather than just do it himself. Well, she should probably just be thankful that he had even noticed something other than his computers in the first place.

She gave a sheepish smile to Trace then pulled a pen from her pocket. Reaching forward, she grabbed his arm and wrote her number on his skin. "Go ahead and call or text if you want to hang out or just talk or something," she said, capping her pen again and shoving it back into his pocket. "That was my roommate. He needs me to pick up some stuff on my way home and I need to go now to get there before the shop closes. Talk to you later." Hopefully anyway.

She leaned close and gave him a sisterly kiss to the cheek before turning and leaving, not really noticing the state of shock she had left him in.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next