[Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier]

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier]

Post by Shade on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:36 am

She frowned softly as he walked from the room. After the way he had told her off yesterday for trying to walk on her own instead of waiting for his help, it didn't make much sense. Had something happened?

Carefully sliding from the bed, Shade couldn't help the way her expression twisted in pain. At least it was better than yesterday - she could actually put a small bit of weight on her leg without it threatening to give out immediately. Looked like the way her uncle had forced her body to adapt to healing more quickly was going to kick in and come in handy this time. Pity it didn't often happen with bruises.

Making her way to the table, one hand on the wall for balance, she gingerly sat down. She really didn't want to have to put in a third set of stitches. And she still wasn't that hungry, but it would be stupid of her not to eat. She thanked Kier, picked up a piece, and had just taken a bite when he spoke.

"Are you going home today?"

Ah, well, that explained it. She should have known that his being nice wasn't going to last. But even though she had kind of been expecting this, that didn't mean that there wasn't this painful clenching feeling in her chest. It hurt. And it was the first time that someone had hurt her just by what they said and how they said it. Of course, this was also the first time she had cared what someone other than her boys had thought of her. She really was stupid and needed to quit trying to be optimistic.

Eyes focused on the table, Shade couldn't bring herself to speak, nodding in answer instead. She set the piece of toast down again, appetite completely gone. That one bite sat like a hard ball in her stomach and when he asked her age? She couldn't just nod this time, she had to speak.

"Seventeen," she said, voice sounding hollow to her own ears. She really was horrible with interacting with people. She couldn't help but wonder if she had missed that Trevor didn't like her either. Biting her lip, she just wasn't sure. Maybe she should try talking to Felix about all this instead of trying to figure it out on her own?

Pushing to her feet again, she gave Kier a weak smile. "I'm sorry. I'm not all that hungry." She turned away and carefully walked down the hall again, slipping into the bathroom where her clothes still were. They might not be completely clean, but it was better than needing to return borrowed clothes to someone who didn't like her much and she was only imposing on. And the bandages could wait until she got home.

She started to change, and this time, she made sure to lock the door.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
dialogue - light blue ~ body - medium purple
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Kier wasn't mad at Shade or anything, he just forgot that she was injured. It's stupid for something like that to slip his mind but it happened anyway. He actually didn't think about it until Shade stumbled to the table. And after his question, the brunette merely nodded in response. It was hard to tell if she was mad or depressed or what. He was leaning towards depression from anger by the hollow way she said her age. This was such a sharp contrast to her previous behavior. Maybe she was just tired? In thinking about all that, he did not register her age, only the tone she said it in.

He was just about to ask when she gave him a sad-fail smile and hobbled down the hall, her plate of toast entirely untouched. He watched her back turn into the bathroom before standing up to follow. Stopping in front of the door, Kier wondered why he was bothering. Normally he wouldn't care what a random acted like. Though the only actual girl friend (not girlfriend) he has was Akuji and she would rather die than show anything other than anger and violence and her trademark sadism. And he's only met Shade three times now if you counted seeing her at the bakery a meeting. Is that time even enough to consider a person a friend?

"Shade," he began, trying the doorknob which was locked this time. Oh, so she locks it when she's not taking a shower. He sighed. "Hey, sorry about earlier. I admit I forgot you're handicapped right and I really should have offered a hand." His voice was low as he spoke standing right in front of the door. That would be dangerous if the door opened out but luckily, it opened in.

"I'll take you home later then." Judging by the way she was acting, Kier didn't think she could stand to stay anymore time around him. But he wasn't going to let her limp all the way back to home. "Look, if you really don't want me around you can call your guys to pick you up."

WE WILL CHANGE the WORLD WITH THE [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] WE TELL

DarkSlateBlue DarkViolet
Kier
C rank
C rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Shade paused, listening to Kier speak. Tugging her shirt on, she folded the clothes she had borrowed once she was done, hiding thirty credits in between the pants and shirt. She had a feeling that he wouldn't accept any money she tried to hand him so this was the best way to do it.

"Look, if you really don't want me around you can call your guys to pick you up."

She opened the door, a suspicious look on her face which was covered with surprise as she took in how close he was to the door. Pushing it down again, she glowered up at him. "What's the point in being around someone who is making it rather clear that they don't want you around? Which is a bit surprising considering how you were yesterday," she said, holding her shoes in one hand and her hoodie draped over that same arm. She would have just brushed past him, but he was blocking the doorway rather effectively and she didn't want to risk aggravating her leg just to push him out of the way.

Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:10 am

She opened the door, greeting him with a scowl. "What's the point in being around someone who is making it rather clear that they don't want you around? Which is a bit surprising considering how you were yesterday."

Completely not hearing the last part, blew out a breath of frustration. "Okay, I get it you don't want me here. Fine. Whatever." His tone went from slightly irritated to annoyed with a hint of anger. He was trying to apologize not pick a fight, not piss her off, and not trying to kick her out. But she was making it really damn hard not to consider it. Normally Kier didn't get mad. It was normally the other way around. He's dealt with lots of girls but not one of them pissed him off before, granted they never really stayed for more than a couple hours.

For a second, he wondered why she wasn't moving then realized he was blocking the only exit. He didn't move immediately, matching her glare with his own. His mask was gone again, but it was unintentional this time. He just didn't fucking want to play nice, flirty guy anymore.

As he stepped aside, he told the brunette low and dangerous, "I'll walk you back. That's all."

WE WILL CHANGE the WORLD WITH THE [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] WE TELL

DarkSlateBlue DarkViolet
Kier
C rank
C rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:49 am

And now he was getting pissed at her for pointing out how he was acting. How the hell did that make sense?

Rather than go around him, she stepped in front of him, reaching out to poke his chest in a repeat of their last meeting. "First off, it's your place so it doesn't matter what the hell I think so don't go putting words in my mouth. Second, you're the one who is acting like you want me gone. And third, I'll go home on my own if you want to act like an asshole. I've managed to take care of myself for so long, I don't need you to do it for me now!" No matter how nice it was. "And stop acting like you care when you don't!" As she spoke, her voice rose in volume until she was nearly shouting by the end of her tirade. "God, I'm so fucking stupid," she muttered under her breath, taking a step back so that she could go around him this time. She was channeling the anger and hurt she was feeling into holding herself steady. She was not going to look weak in front of Kier again.

She planned to go now and wait until she was out of the apartment before pulling on her hoodie and attempting to get her shoes on.

Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:56 pm

"And stop acting like you care when you don't!"

"Who was acting?! He cared, genuinely when she was hurt. He was worried. But that clearly was not obvious enough.

"God, I'm so fucking stupid," she said so quietly he almost missed it. Almost.

"Yeah, you’re a fucking clueless little princess." She was suddenly steadier as she made for the door. Christ what was wrong with this girl. First she is all willing and waiting for him like a puppy and then she shoves him away acting like she he was being the dickhead here.
She looked just fine standing on her on now, so he stood his ground and just watched her open the door, not even trying to help her anymore. Before she stepped out he said, "Hope you learned something from your stay."

When the door clicked closed, Kier plopped down on the couch, more calm now. He tipped his head back to stare at the ceiling. The paint was peeling here and there. The house felt quiet now that it was just him. But whatever, he liked the quiet sometimes, the solitude of his own house. With no chick who he thought was a friend. The only chicks he needed were ones that he didn't need to be careful with or worry about attachments.

He didn't notice the neatly folded clothes and the returned thirty credits until he went to the restroom to splash cold water on his face. "Hah, of course she paid me back." He cracked a small smile and tossed the clothes into the sink to wash.

DarkSlateBlue DarkViolet
Kier
C rank
C rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:05 pm

"Yeah, you’re a fucking clueless little princess." Shade hid a wince at it, not liking the sound of that. She hadn't realized earlier that it was an insult. She bit her lip but kept walking, forcing herself to stay steady.

"Hope you learned something from your stay."

She didn't react where he could see, waiting until the door was closed before she let the pain show on her face again. Shoulders slumping, she leaned back against the door, thumping the back of her head against it. What the hell had happened? She had thought they were getting along well. Shows what she knew.

It didn't help that Kier was so damn confusing and she didn't know what to think or feel about him. He had caused so many different emotions in her, many of which she hadn't felt before. And he had claimed to have cared right before she left. Had he been lying, or had she been completely wrong? And did it even matter? He probably hated her now.

She pulled her hoodie on and didn't bother with her shoes, moving down the stairs carefully. Her socks would work well enough for the walk. And it would give her something to focus on instead of Kier. It would be best if she just pretended none of this had happened and avoid him if she saw him again. She nodded firmly, decision made. But even so, why did she feel like crying?

((end))

Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down