THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance Premiums || Lumine & Grace

2 posters

Go down

Insurance Premiums || Lumine & Grace Empty Insurance Premiums || Lumine & Grace

Post by Lumine Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 am

There was something to be said about the City. The day time was quite lovely surprisingly. For a city of six million or more, the birds still chirped, there were still trees, and at the very least, the North and Western districts were kept in relatively good shape. Many people enjoyed their times outside, through the bustle of shopping centers and restaurants to the quacks of ducks from the Substratum's many parks. Many good times, for many good people. Yes, many could see the City as something of paradise during the day.

"I'll kill you!"

Spoiler:

Night time on the other hand, was much, much more violent. The city changed from some sweet Candyland into an area that was something not unlike a war zone. Gangs duked it out for territory, murders, arson and domestic terrorism were rampant. Several areas of the city of course had curfews depending on said activity. Most that were involved however didn't give a fuck one way or another. If they were going to do something...well, it was usually done. Unlike many other cities however, vigilante justice was absolutely legal, and although you'd think that there could be major repercussions from the government, the danger of the criminals being hunted, and the lack of police manpower was generally excuse enough.

In this case, vigilante justice was Lumine's specialty.

"What? You had enough harbinger?!"

Lumine was thrown through a pane of glass by her target, right into a first floor clinic with someone inside. Bleeding and obviously injured, Lumine looked up to see her bounty walk in like he owned the place. This was wholly unacceptable.

"Yeah, you look done."

"Yes you do."

Suddenly surprised at Lumi's confidence, the bounty found himself leg locked, screaming for a few seconds as the girl rolled over him, breaking his leg, then punching him once in the head for a clean knockout. Well, as clean as shattered glass, blood, scars and other various injuries could be. Thankfully, she had crashed straight into some doctor's office. How convenient eh? Lumine looked up.

"You don't have a particularly long wait time or high co-pay for insurance do you?"
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Insurance Premiums || Lumine & Grace Empty Re: Insurance Premiums || Lumine & Grace

Post by Grace Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 am

It was a pretty plain evening for the Physician. She was the sole Emergency Surgeon on duty tonight, and boy, did the older doctors ditch. Grace was supposed to be with several other doctors for the night, but no - one of them had called in "Sick" and the other had a date or so that had to be given priority. Thankfully, Grace was a woman who had no affinity for the nightlife, nor did she care about her social life in it's entirety. The doctor always had found being on the down-low as a good thing, and something that gave her the advantage over cases like this.

Like for example.

A gang brawl next door would more or less result in any other doctor to call the police to have them try and sort things out on their own. Grace, on the other hand, didn't give a fuck. Not even as a couple of people flew right through her right window, almost causing the woman to yelp in shock.

But would you ever really imagine Grace to be so easily startled? Not really. A smile on her face, the lady adjusted her glasses and pushed the charts to the side. "I would assume this is a medical emergency and is of the highest priority." Grace had a very eerie smile on her face; eerie for the fact that she didn't visibly flinch or show any sign of panic. She displayed a full mastery of her emotions, warping them into pure interest.

"You don't have a particularly long wait time or high co-pay for insurance do you?

Grace crossed her legs. "The Emergency Room is empty. What's the nature of this Medical Emergency?"

The doctor knew the answer, but well -- verbal verification of data was important. A bunch of cuts, scrapes, bruises. Probably in need for a CT scan to make sure she didn't chop his head in half from the inside-out.
Grace
Grace
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Insurance Premiums || Lumine & Grace Empty Re: Insurance Premiums || Lumine & Grace

Post by Lumine Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Lumine didn't like the doctor's office, and for good reason. As a harbinger, she was treated, as usual, with some contempt or disdain, and although the Hippocratic oath worked out in her favor, it generally made visits far more awkward and tedious than they had to be. And you know, there was that whole problem with insurance. Harbinger's insurance rates ranged from sky high to astronomical, depending on the extent of their indexed abilities. Lumine's ability was destructive. Her rates tended to sit on the proverbial moon because of it.

"You would think that, the truth is..."

She nodded over at the guy whose leg she'd just broken, then knocked out.

"He's fine."

Lumine had a slightly bloody grin on her face. The guy had been immensely strong for his size, and much faster to boot. And if one thing was for sure, Lumi was definitely not paying for his medical bills, you know, what with being a criminal and all. A couple cases of arson, armed robbery, yadda yadda. Her bounty was a bad guy, and no doubt the authorities would give him the medical treatment he needed. Maybe. Not that Lumine cared really.

"Now me on the other hand, I think I threw out my arm punching his skull in. Not to mention the glass, being thrown...you get the idea. Let's get this over with. I hate the doctors."

Lumi picked herself up lightly and went to sit on a nearby table and closed her eyes. She'd deal with the money thing later. And her bounty.
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:38 am

A chuckle.

Grace wasn't the type to be biased. Having been born from a family of people who turned out to be Harbingers (which had herself as the only exception), there wasn't really much else reason for her to treat the lady in front of her with contempt.

Probably some level of jealousy.

But she looked over the man, unconscious. Probably a target for a hefty bounty. What right did she have to question that or to even get in the young lady's way. Grace opened the second drawer to the side of her desk, taking out a pen and what seemed to be a paper page of an admission chart.

"So he is."
She said, jotting down stuff behind her desk. "Well, let's start getting you all fixed up, yes?" Grace then took the piece of paper the pen and placed it on the lady's side of the desk.

"To start, I'll need to introduce myself. My name is Dr. Grace Laurie. I'll need you to write your name here." She pointed at the underlined space. "And here, you'll need to give me your age, date of birth, and address. If you want, you can just leave the address blank. I'll take care of the medical records for you."

That said, Grace was already begining her observation of what the problem was with the girl's arm.
Grace
Grace
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 pm

In a plot twist out of a movie, Lumine had ironically been thrown through what she currently considered the best doctor in the city. Didn't interfere with a bounty, didn't get overly attached. She liked this one so far, and hopefully, things would stay that way.

"Lumine. Sorry for crashing through your window like that. Was kind of a forced thing."

Lumi picked up the pen and wrote down her full name quickly, along with the other pieces of information that Dr. Laurie required. As she mentioned it, Lumine DID leave the address blank, although to be fair, if anyone looked hard enough, they would find her name indexed by governmental record keepers. Oh well, at least she had the courtesy of leaving things out. Harbingers and their medical issues. Annoying stuff.

"Thanks, I appreciate that. This won't take particularly long will it? The bulletin tends to prefer their goods...fresh, if you know what I mean."

Not that he was dead or anything, but he was better in a state where he couldn't move, and her benefactor might prefer it if he wasn't in such a battered state. It was unfortunately, somewhat of a trade off. Either he got up and tried to kill Lumi again, or he stayed down, and she got paid less. Shame.
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down