THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uni Boys [Damon and Hoss]

2 posters

Go down

Uni Boys [Damon and Hoss] Empty Uni Boys [Damon and Hoss]

Post by Hoss Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:48 am

So here he was again at the Western District's University. Hoss wasn't exactly comfortable with the idea of going back to school, he hadn't committed to the idea seriously ever since talking to Lumine about it and to be honest it still seemed like a waste of time if he was just going to continue the way he had been. Still, it didn't hurt to see what kind of scholarships and grants he might qualify for and there were always some cute college students to appreciate. So, with his messenger bag of trash he made his way into the halls of the school.

The problem of course being that he had no idea where he was going or what he was doing. After a few seconds of wandering about he managed to find the registration office which then led him to the people who could answer questions regarding scholarships and grants as well as any help he might get for being what he was in addition to who he was. It seemed there was a scholarship for registering your mutation and restitution with the index, but Hoss wasn't interested in that for one second. It was a cheap scholarship anyway.

After a lot of going through mindless stuff it left Hoss a bit annoyed and aggravated. Yeah, he could manage it, but he wouldn't be able to manage being a full time student with his night life as active as it was and truth be told he didn't know why he would want a college education anyway. He could buy the text books himself and get the knowledge from it if it was the knowledge itself he wanted. He didn't want a degree or some job based on a degree. That just wasn't for him. So after about half an hour he made his way out of the offices of the admissions office and made his way to the cafeteria where he grabbed a spark and a banana pudding with vanilla wafers and such before handing the lady some credits and finding a place to set.

Generally it was a bit crowded but there was a boy who for the moment at least seemed to have a few spots open near him at the table. Kind of cute too, long hair, and his eyes were that of a harbinger it looked like. Hoss walked up and looked over, "Hey, it okay if I sit here?" He asked, not really sure what to say other than that. He took a seat preemptively but didn't scoot in or anything right away, waiting for a response before making himself comfortable with his oversized cup of pudding.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Uni Boys [Damon and Hoss] Empty Re: Uni Boys [Damon and Hoss]

Post by Damon Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:47 am

Did they really expect people to believe this was supposed to be real food? These were university students they were trying to fool, for God's sake, no one could be dumb enough to believe this crap was supposed to be good for them. A white glob of what the school was trying to pass off as yogurt dropped from his spoon with a disgusting plop back into the container, and with a tired sigh, Damon leaned back in his chair, deciding he'd rather starve today than try to stomach another bite. He was almost one hundred percent sure it was curdled milk. How did they expect the students to function with meals like this?

Turning his glare away from the tray in front of him, Damon glanced around the cafeteria, noting with a mixture of annoyance and amusement that every set of eyes was pointedly avoiding him. As usual, he was alone, and the table, and seats surrounding it, were empty save for himself. For some strange reason, there always seemed to be a five foot "no entry" zone that surrounded him like a bubble. After only one year, he had managed to build a reputation among the party-goers, clubbers, and university students that had both put his name on the most popular list and labeled him as a complete outcast.

Perhaps they were in awe? After all, he was certainly talented, and quickly making a name for himself (or rather, his band was, but everyone knew it was him the crowds really wanted). Or, more likely, they were scared of him. The black eyes and bruised cheeks that often graced his features didn't lend him the most approachable appearance (though they were damn sexy, if he said so himself), and his ability to start fights anywhere and everywhere he went, regardless of situation and environment--and his apparent want and enjoyment of doing so--certainly didn't help him any in the friends department.

"Hey, it okay if I sit here?"

Startled, Damon glanced up at the guy who had spoken, and for once, he was speechless. It was a strange turn of events considering where his thoughts had been, and he quickly came to the conclusion that this guy didn't actually go to this school. Shame, because he was cute. Finding his tongue as the guy took a seat, Damon smiled. "What is this? Grade school?" A glance around the cafeteria told him that everyone who was anyone was watching the scene with interest, and he knew the question on everyone's mind was the same. What was he going to do? "Going to ask me if I want to share snacks, too?" Leaning in closer, he held out his hand, offered such a pretty smile, and there was a collective intake of breath. Wouldn't he surprise them all when he did nothing? "Damon Kamp. And you are?"
Damon
Damon
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:12 am

After getting a better look at the guy, Hoss wondered if maybe there was a reason this guy was sitting alone. His cheeks seemed a little off, like maybe he had been in a fight or if he just fell or something. He ignored it for now though, usually noticing things and pointing them out made things awkward. It was visible, the other guy probably knew that, they were past it. At least, that's how Hoss saw it. Then again, Hoss grew up in a home where his sister and him had that silent agreement to just ignore any battlescars and automatically assume that it was something that they didn't want to talk about in any great amount of detail.

"What is this? Grade school?"

Oh great, a smart ass. I bet he's going to tell me all about how I should be acting if I want to be cool.

"Going to ask me if I want to share snacks, too? Damon Kamp. And you are?"

Hoss eyes moved around to nearby tables, people were looking over with a bit of interest. Hoss looked at the hand and looked at the guy's eyes. Hoss grinned, shaking the hand with his own gloved one. The fingertipless gloves would provide protection against any skin contact needed abilities if that's what they were all worried about. Besides, Hoss' own red orbs would show that he was someone with his own defenses. Even if they weren't exactly the kind to be used in fights directly.

"Hoss, just Hoss." He laughed, delayed considering the fact that a few seconds had passed since the grade school comment but he decided to brush it off. "And mostly I'm just making sure you didn't just want to be alone with the table, or if you were waiting on a group of people to show up. But… from the looks of things nobody wants to sit next to you. Maybe I should just follow suit huh?" Hoss would break the shake and grab his pudding, debating whether or not he should just get up and walk off. The guy was cute, but something was really fucking off here.

This guy better not melt my hand or anything fucking horrible. Why the hell is this guy worth the stares? Is it really that bad for a harbinger here that you can't really eat lunch without people looking over like you are going to kill them? High school was hell but this is just weird...
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Those eyes… So red, so pretty, so telling. Shock and surprise flickered across Damon’s features, and was gone as quickly as it had appeared, easily hidden behind an air of disinterest. If anything, his smile only grew when their eyes met and Damon realized what and who he was dealing with. Of all the people and all the tables… But an opportunity was an opportunity, and this was certainly a hell of a lot more interesting than sitting here alone eating crap, however this chance meeting might end.

How disappointing it was, though, when a gloved hand slid into his own. To Damon, skin to skin contact was… everything. Combine the gloves with those eyes, and Damon could tell that this guy was no pushover. He knew how to handle himself. What a shame. Idiots were so fun to play with. Oh well, he’d take what he could get, and gripping those fingers tighter, Damon leaned in closer, nodded at the name offered to him and glanced at the open seats around the table. Made sense. What came next made him pause, though.

"But… from the looks of things nobody wants to sit next to you. Maybe I should just follow suit huh?"

Although their handshake had ended, Damon made no move to lean back, instead staying just a little too close to Hoss for comfort, and he glanced around once more. This time, no one made any move to look away, and he frowned, hesitated for only a moment. It was rare that someone was so… blunt with him, and to be honest, it hit his ego in the sore spots. Typical to Damon fashion, though, he was quick to bounce back, to soothe his wounded pride. “You obviously don’t know who I am,” he finally said, chucking. “I’m kind of a big thing here.”

He leaned back in his seat, all confidence and ego with his crossed arms and raised chin, and he met the eyes of the girls at the table across from them, watched them glance away shyly. “That look in their eyes? That’s jealousy.” He glanced back at Hoss, smiled something wicked.
Damon
Damon
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 pm

The guy seemed to have no sense of personal space, not to mention he was kind of attractive. The only bad thing was, he knew that fact. He knew it and he seemed to almost abuse it in a way that was unfair to the rest of the world. Where you just looked at someone this hot and said why couldn't you just not be such a douche? "I'm kind of a big thing here." The guy seemed to back away after a comment about the eyes of the girl's nearby but the truth was that he was wrong about the look they were giving. Wrong by a mile.

"Well at least you have a big thing somewhere." Hoss said, "Jealousy isn't the look in their eyes either. Only an idiot who was in love with himself would think it was jealousy. That look is pure and unadulterated fear. Which means congratulations they are either freaked out by harbingers or you have something to your ability that makes them fear you. Something of which I'm guessing, proximity has a hold over?"

He leaned in toward the guy, so that their noses were nearly brushing, his eyes staring cockily into the other boy's as he gave his devilish grin. "What do my eyes tell you? No fear. None. Look deep, because inside these eyes is the answer you're wondering. Should I do it? Should I use my party trick just to get a kick and prove a point? Should I use my power because I can." His hands would reach forward and grab the guy by his shirt. "Go ahead, I dare you. That's what they are saying."

Hoss felt a tinge of excitement, he wasn't sure what he was doing but this guy just rubbed him the wrong way. He made him want to kick his ass just to wipe that smug smile off of his face. He was hot but he wasn't hot shit, not worth all this attention. Not when his personality seemed so insecure that it had to milk this sort of attention for all it was worth. That and maybe Hoss was a little prideful himself, given enough self confidence that he wasn't going to cower or just give in to this guy like some nervous freshman.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am

"Well at least you have a big thing somewhere."

Again, Damon's smile fell, and he narrowed his eyes, licked his lips. What the hell was this guy's problem? All Damon had done was introduce himself and explain why he was sitting alone. If this guy didn't like it, he didn't have to stay. For once, Damon wasn't stopping him from leaving. But the lecture had only just begun, and once Hoss (stupid name for a stupid person, stupidstupidstupid) started, he didn't stop. Clenching and unclenching his fists, Damon focused on a spot on the wall behind everyone's head, because if he didn't he was going to start a fight to shut this idiot's big mouth.

The worst part was, Hoss was right. Only... he wasn't. He was only partially right. No one knew about his ability, no one knew what he could do and when he did it. His partners thought it was purely his sex appeal. His opponents thought it nothing more than a clash of personality. Yes, they were scared of him because of the fighting that seemed to follow him around like a plague, but his popularity also had a lot to do with why they refused to outright approach him. But yes, that's what his ability did and proximity had a lot to do with it. "Don't talk about things you don't understand," he hissed, still refusing to look over at the other guy. Apparently, the warning wasn't enough of a deterrence because suddenly they were only a breath apart, close enough that Damon could feel the other's breath on his face, and he met those eyes, searched them, and damn this bastard for being right.

"Go ahead, I dare you. That's what they are saying."

For a moment, everything was completely still. Damon didn't move, barely breathed, refused to react, and he was so painfully aware of those hands in his shirt, wanted to shove Hoss back and pull him closer in the same goddamn moment. And then, a smile, sharp and caustic, knowing and yet so angry, and he laughed, his frustration apparent in the small, breathy sound. He knew every single set of eyes were on them now, but he wouldn't rise to the occasion, wouldn't let this guy be right. He refused to give in. He could do whatever he wanted. He didn't need his pheromones. This guy wasn't going to win. "Let me tell you something. You're giving them," a jerk of his head, implying he was talking about everyone around him, "Exactly what they want." Was it a hint? A plea? No. Just advice. Or, at least, that's what Damon told himself.

"If you think I need my 'party trick', you're wrong. Idiots like you do all the goddamn work for me. And even if I did need it? You're not worth the energy," barely a whisper, and he closed that distance, brushed his lips across the others.
Damon
Damon
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 am

Oh the guy seemed to definitely be caught off guard by that, something he was clearly didn't expect was someone to stand up to him like this apparently. Still though, he managed to have a bit of sass to him, telling him not to talk about things he didn't understand. Was he serious? Could he not see that clearly he understood? It was a Harbinger thing, however few of them there were in this city of several million there was this connection that they at least understood the second class citizen status that seemed to go with being a harbinger in most places. He knew all too well the power that the fear gave a person. It was the reason a lot of powers had the capability of losing control real quickly and spiraling down into some dangerous territory.

"Let me tell you something. You're giving them exactly what they want. If you think I need my 'party trick', you're wrong. Idiots like you do all the goddamn work for me. And even if I did need it? You're not worth the energy."

Hoss let out a snort at the idea that he was doing any work for him. All he was doing was letting the guy make an ass out of himself. He was about to step back and leave when those lips brushed and pressed to his. He didn't move but didn't kiss back either, simply letting it happen before backing his head away and simply saying. "Neither was that kiss. But at least I know what's repelling them all. Buy some tic tacs."

He turned on his heel that he had been leaning against, pushing the chair out of his way as he stepped away from the table and began walking in the other direction. This wasn't really worth his time, and a fight was nothing he was interested in getting into. When it came to situations like this it was better to just run away anyway. Safer, much more logical, and it allows you to just let go in one fluid motion. Already he was just letting the kiss fade into nothing. Why? Because why should he feel that attraction? He had a kiss that was much better than that, much more passionate. One where he was burying himself body and soul into the guy, even if it was short lived. Even if it only really happened the once where the kiss was that good.

This kid? He was just looking to get on his nerves. If he seriously wanted to kiss him he'd have kissed a hell of a lot better than that. He must have meant that kiss as a slap in the face. As a fuck you to Hoss, so to speak, and Hoss could walk away from an insult. He could walk away from a lot of things. He wasn't afraid to run away. Hopefully the guy would be able to let him walk away as calmly as he had.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 pm

"Neither was that kiss. But at least I know what's repelling them all. Buy some tic tacs."

Low blow. Very low. Unnecessarily cruel and uncalled for. Childish and mean. Stupid. And just the incentive Damon needed to take this to the next level. It was obvious from the sudden, sharp smile that curved Damon’s lips just before Hoss pulled back, that shit was about to get real. If that was how this guy wanted to play, then so be it. Damon could play dirty too, and damned if he wasn’t going to make Hoss regret ever picking a fight with him.

When Hoss turned and walked away from the table, Damon crossed his arms across his chest, continue to sit (for the time being, at least). “Is that really all you have?” he called after the guy, his voice carrying all too easily over the strained silence that filled the busy cafeteria. “The only thing you can do is throw childish insults around? Come on now. You can hit harder than that, can’t you?” And there, a sudden shift in the atmosphere, and Damon stood, stirred the air with the movement and dispersed the invisible pheromones. He would have preferred not getting everyone involved, but with Hoss running away, it was the only way. And hadn't he dared Damon? Well, go big or go home, and Damon wasn't known for being subtle.

It hit the people closest to him first, those sitting at the nearest tables, but he missed their reactions (the way they grit their teeth, clenched their fists, the way some of them searched the faces around them for their target and the way fear suddenly filled the eyes of everyone else) because he only had eyes for Hoss. “Fight me like a goddamn man,” he yelled, slamming his fist down on the table, and it was like the gunshot signalling the start of the race. The sound startled everyone into movement, and Damon could only laugh as he waited to see how Hoss would take to his little… party trick.
Damon
Damon
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

"Is that really all you have? The only thing you can do is throw childish insults around? Come on now. You can hit harder than that can't you?"

Truth be told Hoss didn't even bother turning. He was done with the guy. Still he got this nagging feeling like something was up but he just kept walking. It wasn't like he felt like he had to stay there for some idiotic pride. Hell, if the guy had outdone him or outwitted him he'd say so he just really didn't think he had. Some people just never really got over their insecurities he guessed. That guy was simple, easy enough to figure out. That is, he thought he was, and then he got kind of violent. "Fight me like a goddamn man." A loud smack hit the table and he stopped for a second to turn his head.

"Jeez, calm yourself down dude." Hoss reached for a cigarette and placed one between his lips without lighting it. He'd let it linger until he got outside anyway. Everyone seemed to be in a flurry anyway. Some were getting into a few scuffles and others seemed eager to get away from the situation. It began to escalate pretty quickly and even Hoss was getting quite nervous. He could feel his system going into a bit of panic and he decided that whatever the hell was going on he was best left out of it.

He turned and took off through the doors of the cafeteria, tearing down the hallway toward the stairs leading to the main lobby. He wasn't really interested in staying around at all. He was interested in getting the fuck out of there before anyone could rope him into some childish pursuit over whatever the hell was going on here. He could feel his heart racing, begging the question of why the hell he was so scared of this? The last time he was this worked up he had killed somebody for the first time in his life.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down