THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Riot & The Railgun [Lumine/Damon]

2 posters

Go down

The Riot & The Railgun [Lumine/Damon] Empty The Riot & The Railgun [Lumine/Damon]

Post by Lumine Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 am

Harbingers.

The word puts a lot of feelings into a lot of people. Some of these people find harbingers to be the next step in human evolution, the 'harbingers' of a new generation or breed of humans. To others, we are a scourge to be purged. Whatever the public opinion, it is my job as a researcher to further the sciences behind harbingers and their abilities. Today, I have another opportunity to do that in the form of a new student at the university. Damon Kamp, another harbinger I found in the index with a strange ability.

I also have some new tricks to try out.

Lumine Symington
10/08/2012

Lumine closed the file and certified it with her signature. Researchers logs...things that were never read, but in the event of something drastic, could always be there to recount the story that someone else couldn't. For Lumine herself, the logs were memories that she tended to forget, something that would jog her memory whenever it decided to fail her for some odd reason. It wasn't often, but was known to happen. For example, where was she supposed to find a specific person at the university? Especially one that she knew little about besides being a known harbinger?

For everything else, there's mastercard the school registry.

A quick search showed her her subject...

He certainly looked the type for a punk band. That made things easy. The main office would know where he was.

"Damon Kamp to the main office please."
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

The Riot & The Railgun [Lumine/Damon] Empty Re: The Riot & The Railgun [Lumine/Damon]

Post by Damon Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm

"Anterograde amnesia affects the ability to create memories after the trauma, whereas retrograde amnesia affects the abilities to recall memories before the trauma. Now..."

Oh God. Boring. A loud, obnoxious yawn earned Damon a few giggles from the girls around him. And a glare from the professor. His ego soared. “Is there a problem, Mr. Kamp? Is this lecture not… titillating enough for you?”

Smirking, he shrugged his shoulders, and knowing every set of eyes was on him, he leaned forward, clasped his hands on the tabletop. Some people were watching with annoyance, but most with mild interest. It wasn’t often anything exciting happened in these classes, but anything to do with Damon was guaranteed to have interesting results. “No, sir, consider me thoroughly titillated.” The emphasis behind the word earned him a few more laughs, spurring him on. “I just think--”

"Damon Kamp to the main office please."

There was a moment of stunned silence following the announcement, and he swore no one moved in those first few seconds. Seriously? A perfectly good opportunity to score some rep points, ruined. And there was a good chance that whatever they wanted him for, couldn’t be good. Apparently, there were a few students that shared his sentiments, if the groans were any indication. The teacher looked absolutely thrilled.

“Don’t keep them waiting, Mr. Kamp.”

Ten minutes later, Damon arrived at the office with his bag and supplies. He figured there was no point in going back to class, and he was actually doing just fine anyways, so he could stand to miss the rest of this one. Pulling open the door to the main office he stepped up to the desk, offered one of his prize winning smiles. “You wanted me?”
Damon
Damon
Retired

Back to top Go down

The Riot & The Railgun [Lumine/Damon] Empty Re: The Riot & The Railgun [Lumine/Damon]

Post by Lumine Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 pm

The university was often deceptive. By this time, navigating through the place was of second nature. Certain lifts worked better than others, others had hallways that were more conducive to movement, and were off the beaten path from other students, making them faster for certain trips. It took Damon roughly ten minutes to get from his class to the main office, meaning he was somewhere quite far away from the main office. When he did arrive however, and ask if he'd been asked for, the receptionist simply nodded at Lumine.

In a single motion, Lumi got from her chair, pulled a small light, and shined it in Damon's eyes. Definitely a harbinger...and although the index had said that itself, it was always best to make sure. She put the penlight away and started walking out.

"If you'd come with me please?"

Lumine strode out of the room, taking one glance to make sure that he was actually following the small lady. They were heading back to her lab, and there was hope he'd be...useful. There were no more than 12,000 harbingers in the city, although that number was growing every day. The university's policies also afforded a greater proportion than the normal 1 to 500 distribution.

"I'm Lumine Symington, a researcher and doctoral student here at the school. I specialize in studying harbingers and their abilities. I was hoping you have time to help me with my work."

Noise had roughly disappeared off the radar. Not dead, but just away, as such, she needed new sources of biological data, as well as an increased sample size. Everyone was different, but finding patterns would be a great step in starting a harbinger program. It certainly wasn't easy...and if Damon's ability was any indication, it wasn't about to get any easier.

Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Following the receptionist’s gaze, Damon glanced over at the other woman, watched her stand. He didn‘t recognize her, but hey, he was kind of a big thing around here. People he didn‘t know asked for him all the time. “And who the hell are-- Crap--” The light caught him off guard, hit his eyes directly on and caught him completely off guard. Stumbling back a step in shock he rubbed at his eyes, cursing her under his breath. What the hell was that about?

"If you'd come with me please?"

When he opened his eyes again, the crazy lady was already out the door, and he curled his lip with annoyance, shot a questioning look at the receptionist. She only shrugged her shoulders, trying to hide her amusement by focusing on the paperwork in front of her. Okay, weird, but he shook it off, ran a hand through his hair and followed the smaller woman out. This was obviously going to take a lot longer than he’d originally thought.

Damon fell into step just behind her, stared at the back of her head as she spoke, and-- “What? Harbingers?” Is that what the light had been about? Shit. He glanced around nervously, scanned the faces to see if anyone had heard her. His ability wasn‘t something he wanted broadcasted. It was all part of his allure, his charm. If they found out it was an act… But she wanted his help, and he crossed his arms, smirked, because this had the potential to be interesting, and beneficial to him.

And following that line of thought, the first question out of his mouth was not, what do I need to do? Or, what kind of dangers does this present? Or even, what does this mean for me? It was, “And what do I get out of it? Time is money, and my time is in high demand. And if you can‘t pay, don‘t worry, I accept… other forms of payment,” and he licked his lips, let his gaze slide down to settle on her… finer assets.
Damon
Damon
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 am

"That's what I said."

Not that anybody cared. More harbingers went to this school by proportion than anywhere else in the city. If someone was a harbinger, it was usually no big deal. Everyone at the university who knew Lumi, and even some that didn't knew she was a harbinger. Her eyes were one tell. The index was definitely another. Abilities were often intriguing to other students. Lumine on the other hand actually had money to take her curiosity one step farther...and with the blessing of the research departments as well.

Unfortunately, much like the man Lumine and Haze had met 'defending' the parking garage, Damon was...one of those.

He was That Guy.

Lumine simply kept walking to her lab. Either way, she was going to get what she needed for her project whether he liked it or not. It was simply a matter of how much pressure she had to apply before he snapped or simply gave way.

"I agree, I thank you for your tuition payment, and your valuable contribution to my research already. And what do you get out of it? The satisfaction of knowing you're doing everything you can to contribute with that payment. As far as I see it, you're wasting your money if you don't participate. That, and you know that all harbingers are to be updated in the Index regularly...I believe you're up for said check, are you not?"

Lumine ignored the rest of his comments as irrelevant ramblings, it was actually a good thing if he was getting this way. Enticing him to give up a sample would be much easier than she had predicted at first. If things didn't go her way however, she had come armed with a light arsenal. And a respirator. Always useful for these sort.
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:53 am

Mmm, yes, Damon didn’t usually go for smart girls (they were usually a little too quick to catch onto his act, and a little too uptight for his tastes), but he could make an exception this time. Hey, who knew, maybe smart chicks were more fun to play with. Maybe they had some hidden wealth of information on how to please a man. He wouldn’t know until he tried, and wasn’t this just the perfect opportunity? Then again, maybe she was out of her mind and had an ability to match the crazy. Did he really want to get mixed up in that? On the other hand, was he willing to take the chance that her ability wasn’t something crazy awesome? Oh, but she was talking, wasn't she, and he brought his gaze back up to focus on what she was saying.

"... I believe you're up for said check, are you not?"

He actually stumbled a step in surprise, tripped over his words until he eventually gave up. Sighing, he reached up, pushed a hand through his hair and inwardly cursed. She'd caught him red handed, found those magic words, was playing dirty. Truth was, he was late, and there were no plans in his immediate future to update his files, consequences be damned. "Isn't my file supposed to be like... private or something?" Chewing the inside of his cheek he turned his thoughts to thinking of ways to get out of this. He didn't like how much she seemed to know about him, and he didn't like her tactics. Short of running away, though, he didn't see a way out. Maybe he could turn this around though...

Did she know what he was capable of? Was the specifics of his ability available to her? Did it matter? The way he saw it, knowledge wouldn't help her once it had already started, and there was a shift in the atmosphere, nearly imperceptible, and he took a couple quick strides to walk next to her, knew the movement would stir the air and spread the invisible pheromones. Now it was just a matter of how she would react to his... amazing sex appeal, and he smiled down at her, ignored the urge to bash his head off the nearest wall. "If I do it, are you going to give me my check up, Doctor?"
Damon
Damon
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:43 am

By Damon's reaction, Lumine had struck paydirt. Although she had looked at his file, she had not gone over it fully, and had forgotten to check when it had been updated last. Due to the nature of his ability, it was entirely possible he could have skipped out on getting his entry updated almost indefinitely...whups. Note to self. Next time, don't skim. Lumine just kept walking, and didn't look back on the kid in tow behind her.

"Generally. Some information is made public. As part of the scientific community, I can read the whole thing if I make the request."

This was the truth, and it was even more so if the harbinger in question was a student of the school. Index records regarding students were kept locally by the main office, and these in particular were generally more up to date than the main database, as there was often a delay between reporting periods. A shame really, the main database had everyone, but not necessarily all of the awesome details. Unfortunately, Lumine was about to become the victim of something she didn't want to deal with.

"If I do it, are you going to give me my check up, Doctor?"

Fuck it. Plan B.

His smile was definitely alluring, and Lumine knew exactly why. She was not immune from the effects, but at the very least, she could redirect the energy into something more controlling for her. Lumi took Damon's hand and started leading him into her lab with a devilish smile on her face. The energy she felt was not faked, but her actions were purposely deliberate in order to keep the effects in check.

"Oh yes. Yes I am, Damon. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it."

Lumine pushed Damon through the door, closed it, and locked it behind her, and before he could do anything, she pulled a syringe with a large gauge needle from a nearby drawer. Before she did anything, Lumine let Damon have a nice long look at what was about to happen to him...especially as she held back her arm like she was going to throw the thing at him.

"Medicine is kind of like a hobby of mine, of course I'm not a fully licensed professional...just a researcher. But you'll make great practice, I promise! Now why don't take off your shirt, and stop using your ability before I actually lose it. Now be a good boy."

Lumine closed one eye and started taking small steps towards him...he had absolutely nowhere to run.

Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:26 am

"Oh yes. Yes I am, Damon. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it."

"Damn, girl, I'll make sure you do," he murmured just loud enough for only her to hear, smiling wider and turning his attention to where they were going. Oh yes, wasn't this just perfect? Her reaction, her smile, her hand in his... Unsurprisingly, his attempt had been a success. Ah, the life of a walking aphrodisiac, and he threaded his fingers through hers, focused on the feeling on her skin rather than the growing urge to smack himself across the face... or better yet, have her smack him around (hey, if it had to happen, he might as well learn to enjoy it). Once they got where they were going, it would be easy enough to slip away for a moment to deal with his little... problem, and with any luck, the bruise wouldn't form until he was already long gone. A nasty side effect, to be sure, but completely worth the end result every single time.

And finally, they were there, standing outside the door to a lab, and he glanced inside with interest, figured it would do well enough for a naughty nurse fantasy setting. It probably could have used some more plush seating, maybe more forgiving lighting, a king sized bed, perhaps, but beggars couldn't be choosers, and considering he hadn't thought for a second when he'd crawled out of bed this morning that this would ever happen, he supposed he would take what he could get. Now he just had to send her on in so he could mess up his pretty face, and then they could get this show on the road. Just as he opened his mouth to tell her that, though, she shoved him inside, closing and locking the door once she'd followed him in. Well there went that plan, and there was a twist in his gut, bile rising in his throat, because when the hell was he going to get hit?! His body wanted it now.

More concerning than giving into his restitution, however, was the syringe she suddenly pulled from a nearby drawer. It was freaking huge. "Umm..." Lamely, he tilted his head to the side, tried to piece together what was happening in his mind around the static white noise that tried to consume him. "What are you doing..?" Was she going to throw that monster needle at him? Wasn't that dangerous? That pretty, devilish look in her eyes was suddenly a lot less alluring, and a hell of a lot more psychotic, and narrowed eyes snapped back up to her face when she spoke again. "P-practice?" For every step she took forward, he took one back, and jesus christ, he couldn't THINK.

Grabbing the nearest metal object (a supply tray, and the medical supplies that had been sitting on it scattered across the floor), he used it to smack himself in the face, hit hard enough to definitely leave a pretty bruise across his cheekbone, and he cursed again, stumbled from the force of it. Okay, problem one dealt with, now he needed to deal with the psycho bitch, and what better way to counteract violent tendencies than to turn that energy into something more... productive? Another pump of pheromones, and he fanned the air with the tray to spread them, brought it back to his face for another crack. This time, he dropped it, dazed from two hits to the head, and he cupped his face, groaned with pain. "I'm okay! I swear, I'm okay!"
Damon
Damon
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:39 pm

This was fast becoming ridiculous. Although Lumine had not intended to use herself as a test subject, it was quite obvious that she had acquired significant first-hand experience of Damon's current abilities. A level two, maybe three. His pheromones were obviously effective on females to an extent, but based on the way he was waving them over, he had very little control on their actual release. Level two, without a doubt now. Now she just had to get her urges under control before her exaggerated movements actually started to take.

"Practice, dear Damon. On myself, thankfully."

Lumi reached for a drawer, drawing from a mild sedative and injecting herself before things got extremely out of hand. Meanwhile, there was a nasty clanging noise from across the room...the sound of Damon's restitution most likely. With the sedative taking effect, Lumine opened a bottle of bleach, and turned on the rooms fume hoods to drown out his ability.

"Yeah, I'm alright too. Sweet jesus. Don't bother trying anymore."

She had a terrible headache, almost like a hangover. This was probably one of the few abilities she couldn't do much about without some outside help. Impressive to say the least...she was going to need a shower. Laundry was definitely going to be done tonight after work too.

"Never again. Anyways, are you quite done, or do I have to give this sedative to you too? I don't have to, you know."

Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down