THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Dropping In -- Andrew, Fye

2 posters

Go down

Just Dropping In -- Andrew, Fye Empty Just Dropping In -- Andrew, Fye

Post by Andrew Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:11 pm

It had been a couple of days since he had accidentally crashed in on his cousin's mission and ended up joining Solstice. He still wasn't sure what the hell he had been thinking, other than his concern for Ceara, but that didn't mean he wouldn't do what he could to make the best of things.

As it was though, tonight he was trying to outrun the mood he had fallen into, needing the speed and activity and wind to lose himself in so he didn't start toying with darker ideas again. He had been running so much recently that he had managed to tire himself enough to sprain his ankle, not that it had stopped him any.

Jumping from roof to roof, his power had been getting more use in the last hour or so than it had been almost the entire past month. He just kept pushing himself though, forcing himself to run through the dizziness and pain in his ankle. It was only a matter of time until something gave out. And it was just Andrew's luck that it was his ankle as he was pushing off another roof.

He let out a surprised sound as he failed his jump, coming up way short from reaching the other building. He hit the edge of a dumpster with a loud, echoing clang and bounced off to land on the asphalt next to it with a second thud. He groaned softly, clenching his eyes shut and resting his forehead on the ground. Now that he had stopped moving, he couldn't ignore any of it anymore, biting his lip to try and forcibly calm his breathing.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Just Dropping In -- Andrew, Fye Empty Re: Just Dropping In -- Andrew, Fye

Post by Fye Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:02 pm

The pollution from the city made glorious sunsets at least.

Fye took a moment in the alleyway, caught in the act of tossing the binliners and their contents from the shop, the blond pausing in the middle of his task to turn his head upwards at the sky, one hand opening the top of the dumpster, the other moving away from the bag he'd just tossed in--the clouds and sun were a riot of orange and pink, casting sharpening shadows across the alley and the contents therein.

What the baker wasn't expecting was a flicker of motion overhead, snapping his attention from the clouds and colors to the roof of the building next to his bakery, staring for a second, eyes narrowed, before hastily leaping backwards, letting go of the dumpster bin's lid (the thing clanging down with a racket, startling an alleycat further down the way) as a figure came crashing down onto the filthy asphalt in front of him.

Fye blinked at him, then registered the groan, and straightened, the baker's expression sliding smoothly from startlement to slightly concerned neutrality, mostly evident in the way one eyebrow was raised. He inched closer carefully, leaning over the figure.
"You alive?"
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Andrew cracked one eye open, hearing the careful movement of something else. He hoped it was a dog or cat rather than a--

"You alive?"

Wasn't that just his luck, landing in front of someone? He took a moment to debate answering or pretending he was dead, but considering that he was still clearly breathing, that wasn't going to work. Plus, if he didn't move, they might call for an ambulance and he really didn't want to deal with that. Okay, so, he may as well roll over and let the person see that he was a harbinger and then they could go on their merry way, content that it was only a harbinger laying on the ground and so they didn't have to do anything to help. Now, hopefully they weren't one of those people who tried to kill harbingers.

Andrew carefully rolled over, grimacing lightly at the pain in his ankle and shoulder (had he re-opened the wound?) and the pounding in his head. He blinked a couple of times, looking at the man hanging over him. Oh, he was a harbinger too. Well shit, that meant he probably wasn't going to just up and walk away.

Whoever he was, he was hot in that kind of detached way, but... "Dude, what is with your hair?" And that probably could have come out better. He winced before sending a sheepish smile up at the other man. "Sorry. No filter right now. Cool hair. Is it natural or do you dye it?"
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Fye had been feeling a little worried, but at the remark: "Dude, what is with your hair?" the emotion vanished along with the expression of faint concern on his face--transitioning right from 'ever so slightly concerned' straight to 'deadpan'. He straightened fully upright--yeah, the kid was fine--and instead turned his attention to the roof where he'd fallen from, half-expecting a pursuer to come jumping down after them, with the way the kid was breathing. Seemed like he'd been running for a while now.

When no-one emerged however, the kid speaking again, Fye finally turned his attention away from the rooftop back to the harbinger kid lying on the ground still, considering him for a long moment before finally replying,
"It's natural. You hurt?" Also, 'what the hell were you doing'--not like it was really particularly his business, so Fye didn't say it out loud, keeping the question to himself, but he couldn't help but be mildly curious when a mostly-adult literally dropped out of the sky nearly on him. Not like it literally rained men every day.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:04 pm

He nodded absently. "Natural, huh? Cool. How often do you get asked that? A lot I bet. Mind if I ask what you're doing in an alley? I mean, it's a bit late and you look pretty respectable so..." He laughed softly. "Oh yeah. Me? Hurt? From the fall? Nah, I'm fine." He carefully pushed to his feet, swaying from the lingering impact of his restitution. Putting a hand against the dumpster next to him, he steadied himself and took the weight off his foot, and he definitely wasn't going to say anything about his shoulder. It wasn't really any of this guy's concern.

Looking at the man again, he blinked, and tilted his head back. Holy crap he was tall. It wasn't that uncommon for the redhead to encounter men taller than he was, but it wasn't often that it was someone nearly a foot taller than him. Hopefully the guy didn't try to do anything to him since Andrew was pretty sure he wouldn't be outrunning anyone for a day or two and he was definitely more built than the redhead was. "Wow. You... really drank your milk growing up, didn't you?" He hadn't ever seen anyone as tall as this guy was before.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:42 pm

"Surprisingly few." People tended to assume and Fye wasn't exactly in the business of correcting every incorrect assumption about him. It would take too long.

As for the other question--
"I own the building." He thumbed to the side at the solid wall of the Emberwheat before watching the guy rise with a hint of concern--expressed only though his single raised eyebrow. He didn't seem to have any bits on his inside that were on the outside, insofar as he could tell from not sitting him down for a more thorough examination, but Fye had to spare an absent thought for the question of whether or not this redhead was usually so rambly, or if it was the effect from a head injury sustained from falling two stories onto unyielding asphalt....

"Wow. You... really drank your milk growing up, didn't you?"

"I suppose." He snorted. "S'fallin' off roofs a habit?" Though it was really more like: was falling off of his roof going to become a habit. He sincerely hoped not; his life didn't need that kind of excitement.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Owned the building huh? That was kind of neat. Made Andrew wonder what he used it for. Did he have an actual business or was it a front or did he just have a building that was just there? Though, if it was a front, that would be pretty cool, and very mafia-esque. What kind of things would this guy do? Maybe he was a bodyguard or an enforcer or something. Maybe he ran a brothel or one of those underground clubs here.

...And he really needed to calm himself down. As much as he wanted his mind off of things, letting his mind take off like this wasn't a good idea either. He usually ended up saying something stupid when he did.

"S'fallin' off roofs a habit?"

He blinked a couple times, looking at the blond like he had half-forgotten he was there. Yeah, he should probably find somewhere to sleep. Maybe some train tracks. He shook his head harshly, like that would knock the thoughts clear. "Falling? No. Jumping, sure. I do that for fun." He forced a smile, turning slightly to lean against the dumpster so he could slide his hand under the strap of his bag and lightly massage his shoulder. Yeah, that wound was really starting to hurt like a bitch.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 am

Fye stayed silent a moment long, catslit eyes scanning over the other man, the way he stood, the expression on his face that flickered over it for a second, his actions, the way he'd been running, the jumping--and came to a conclusion in a few seconds, inclining his head a fraction in what was clearly a nod (or really, perhaps clear only to those who'd known him since he was a teenager) to himself, and finally said, "Come in. I run a bakery--get a bite to eat while I wrap up your ankle. You won't be getting anywhere on it otherwise."

So saying, he turned, ears alert even as his back was straight and unyielding, displaying that he expected to be obeyed. It was easier for people to go along if they were led sometimes. "I'll leave the door open." A clear exit. A clear means of escape; he propped the door open with a bit of broken brick that had ended up in the alley at some point, disappearing into the faintly bread-scented interior of the bakery, going to the sink and washing his hands before opening the cabinet that held the first aid kit, going through the contents.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:56 pm

He blinked in surprise, staring at the blond's back as he started back inside. What the... Why the hell did he actually expect the redhead to listen? For all he knew, the guy was a crazed axe murderer or something in addition to being a baker. Maybe he was like that giant in that one fairy tale ("I'll grind your bones to make my bread."). Of course, he was tall enough to be considered a giant...

Andrew sighed softly, shaking his head lightly. He really didn't have the energy or the willpower to care right now. Maybe the other really was some sort of murderer and would put the redhead out of his misery for him. He doubted that he was that lucky though.

He let his hand drop before carefully limping after the taller man, making his way up the stairs and through the door. He hovered awkwardly in the doorway, not wanting to touch anything since he wasn't exactly clean having been running for the last couple of hours and just rolling around on the ground out back.

He inhaled softly, enjoying the scent, before he spoke up. "I'm not sure what you want, but I can manage fine on my own. I don't have anything I can give you in return. Well, money-wise I don't." Though losing himself in someone else wouldn't be that bad of an idea. It wouldn't be the greatest either. But it would distract him for a little while.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down