THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[JOB] A Mural [Alin, Andrew]

2 posters

Go down

[JOB] A Mural [Alin, Andrew] Empty [JOB] A Mural [Alin, Andrew]

Post by Alin Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 pm

He didn't even know what a cat looked like.

Nonetheless had he properly fathomed the concept of a mural, let alone an image. Signing up for this job was a sheer act of impulse. Directly after leaving his father's house, he headed to his loft in order to study Sei's kitten thoroughly. It must have looked insanely awkward to her--walking in on her fiancé stroking and rubbing her Turkish Angora in every place imaginable. In reality, he was trying to put together it's composition and analyse it's anatomy in the best possible way he knew how--with touch. This lasted up until the kitten became irritated, bit him, and hid under the sofa. But he understood it pretty well. He drew a literal blind contour for Sei before leaving and it was obvious that he now understood what the animal appeared to be--without color, anyway.

After being directed for a good while by his GPS, he arrived at a large house with an open, two story living room. He walked around momentarily in order to study its architecture--noting of the other bathrooms and bedrooms by the weight displacement around the building, but found himself more interested in the cans of paint and ladders as well as the awkward feel of plastic sheeting across the floor. Hearing no one, not even Jan Wolfe, strangely, the male sat criss-crossed in the middle of the floor; blatantly unaware of a note left by the client on the wall regarding her absence.

Rather than starting and making a fool of himself, Alin was sent into a trance-state of semi-meditation. He was about to make a fool of himself unless someone else decided to show up for this job. But, even if no one else had, he would enjoy himself. Possibly the worst he could make was a kindergartner's art protect and perception of a cat--which could possibly be strangely cute. But even so, the struggle would still lie there.

Last edited by Alin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

[JOB] A Mural [Alin, Andrew] Empty Re: [JOB] A Mural [Alin, Andrew]

Post by Andrew Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Andrew had let himself into the house, glancing around as he slipped his bag off of his shoulder. Catching sight of the guy meditating in the middle of the room made him pause and tilt his head. What the heck? Was he sleeping?

The redhead shrugged lightly and glanced around, setting his bag just inside the door. "Hey. I'm assuming you're not Jan so are you here to work on the mural?" He tilted his head back to study the ceiling. Yeah, it was a nice, open space and the ceiling was smooth so it should be good as a canvas and his lines should take well.

Oh, and there was a note taped next to the ladder he'd need to use. He pulled it off and skimmed it, absently shifting the photo of the cat to his other hand. "Ah. Alin, right? I'm Andrew." He walked over and offered his hand. When it wasn't taken, he let his hand fall again. Great, he got to work with someone else who had a problem with either harbingers or him specifically, and the latter was certainly fast since he was sure he had never met the other redhead before.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:52 am

At the sudden sound of another person entering, Alin did his best to remain from moving as if in sight of a tyrannosaurus rex. Or maybe even under a pinwheel of vultures. Well, the reflex was sudden, of course. The voice surely wasn't Jan. It was a male. But, after taking a breathing to analyze what was being said to him, Alin released the tense that had built steadily in his body.

"Hey. I'm assuming you're not Jan so are you here to work on the mural?"

"Yeah and I can assume the same about you, correct?"

Alin bit his lower lip lightly, debating on if she should explain his disability and...why. "I...uh," he silenced. Normally unwilling to admit when he had done something that wasn't entirely intellectual, the male was having an extremely hard time describing how he had chosen this assignment on sheer impulse.

"Ah. Alin, right? I'm Andrew."

"Pleasure to work with you, Andrew." Alin focused on standing up, and in a sudden revelation, announced, "Tadah," his voice monotoned, he continued, "You get to work with a blind man today."

Last edited by Alin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Andrew blinked a few times in surprise. Oh. Well, that explained why the other hadn't shaken his hand - he couldn't see it.

Andrew rubbed the back of his head, ruffling his hair in mild embarrassment. Well, how was he supposed to know that? This was a job to paint a mural. Actually... How the heck did Alin think he was going to be able to draw or paint something with a given look? It was one thing to make something abstract, which is what he assumed the other redhead did considering his lack of vision.

"Uh... If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been blind?" Because, for all he knew, the better and more expensively dressed male had only recently gone blind and had a really good memory and the hand-eye... well, hand coordination to do that. Of course, that didn't mean much considering the size of the ceiling and the height of the ladders they were going to have to use.

Actually, taking those into account, Andrew just couldn't understand why someone who was blind, no matter for how long, had decided to take a job that was rather reliant on sight. Well, at least he didn't take a job that required he drive.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Since birth,” the male’s tone in his reply didn't carry an air of surprise. If anything, he seemed as if he didn't mind talking about it. He recognized it wasn't anything he could have prevented—genetic mutations were somewhat out of his control range—and therefore, spoke and joke about it with ease. But, this way of thinking would sometimes arouse instances where “enough” was “enough” and he would impulsively sign up to do something relying heavily on vision.

And that is why he had gathered here today…with this seeing-eyed, athletically built male (If he was hearing correctly) who was probably stuck in a world of confusion and frustration as he attempted to apprehend an answer to the basic question; Why?

Meanwhile, Alin picked himself up and walked over to one of the ladders he had noticed when he came in. After setting it up, he spent a brief moment on the ground to get a sense of the ladder's evenness and even the evenness of the building and it's architecture in order to pinpoint it's center. That was about all ghr help Alin would be in this situation. He climbed the ladder with ease--a bucket of paint and brush in his left hand and reaching the top, he sat and turned to Andrew, "I've gotten used to it, if you can't tell," he gave him the half truth while feeling towards the bucket and reluctantly questioning, "What color is this?"

Alin sobbed internally at his inability, and mentally facepalmed for getting himself into this mess in the first place. He'd apologize to the redhead if it didn't require sincerity and admitting he was inadequate. Too bad it wasn't on his agenda to do either of those.
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:18 am

Since birth, huh? Okay then. There went that idea. He tilted his head, setting a hand on his hip as he studied Alin. And when the other teen started to climb the ladder, Andrew moved forward with a bit of concern. "H-hey man, be careful." The runner glanced between the ladder and Alin and the floor, wondering if he would be able to get there soon enough to catch him in case he fell. Happily, he didn't. And he was smart enough to sit, that was good.

Andrew blinked a few times when he was asked about the paint color then snorted, clearly amused. "Purple. Which isn't going to help much because I haven't even been able to sketch out the mural anyway. Just some vague blocks so the base coat can be put down." Wait, if the guy had been blind all his life, then did he even know what the colors looked like? Andrew wasn't about to ask because he figured that would be pretty rude.

"Why don't you pass me the paint and come back down so we can figure out how we're going to do this?" As much as he didn't think it was fair that he'd pretty much be doing the whole job for half the pay (and the other clearly didn't need the credits, unlike Andrew whose jeans were starting to wear through again - the perils of buying second hand and wearing the same clothes over and over again), he wasn't going to yell at or ridicule the other.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:40 am

Purple. How off. He spent the night researching the color wheel, and cats, and specifically, their fur. While he had no idea what any color looked like, he knew that cats were indeed not purple. Unless someone had put up false information on the database he was looking at. It was possible, but highly unlikely on a scholastic database.

"Why don't you pass me the paint and come back down so we can figure out how we're going to do this?"

He could think of a large sum of reasons why that made perfect sense in his head, but refrained from stating them. Instead, he complied with that the male had asked him to do and made his way down the ladder just as recklessly as he had made his way up.

The words Andrew last spoke, Alin translated as an implication of his inability and while he was aware of the difficulty the task was and the difficulty added on due to him, the idea of earning his own money triumphed the hardships. While stereotypical, he wanted to earn his own--at least just once--after being sought after his entire life. Or, the 19 years he had thus far lived.

After reaching the bottom, he spoke another time, "I don't want the work to be uneven and I guarantee I'm more capable than you're holding me up to be," he paused before continuing, "If anything, I could always splatter some paint here and there and call it 'abstract.' Say it's by a blind man and it's suddenly it's worth a fortune, he jokes lightly.
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Andrew nodded slowly, rubbing the back of his neck as he thought. He supposed that there were ways to even out what they did at least a little or even close to equal. Well, as close as possible that was. "Okay, I'm going to grab your arm so I can see how long your reach is," he warned before stepping forward to do as he said he would. His touch was gentle and light enough for Alin to pull away immediately if he felt he needed to.

After a few moments of looking at his arm and height, Andrew nodded and let go again, stepping back once more. "Okay, so, how about I climb up to throw up a quick sketch and you can roll the paint cans around to mix them up. When we finish those, I'll set a ladder up for you and you can climb up and use the paint I hand you to coat as far as you can reach. I can let you know if another coat is needed." He smiled easily as was normal for him. "How does that sound to you?"
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down