[Lisa] ƒ Д ∫ ℓ ! [Lapin]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Lisa] ƒ Д ∫ ℓ ! [Lapin]

Post by Lapin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 pm

"And we have our winner! It was a brutal match..." Blahblahblah.

The victor was more focused on putting one foot in front of the other to exit the ring. He wasn't going to bother collecting the winnings since his old man would take care of it. Halfway into the hall, he hunched over, violently hacking up blood. Red oozed from the cut above his eyelid. His whole face was a mess. Though the worst wasn't the bruises over his cheeks, or the split lip. He clutched his arm that had somehow been shredded and dislocated. God, the bastard has been relentless.

But wherever he was now, he was in worse shape. Whatever the fuck his Harbing and restitution was, it was definitely designed for tearing his opponent apart. He was almost literally a killing machine with no off switch. And dammit if Lapin didn't find those openings to cut off a limb or two, we all knew who would have won that match.

He had been lucky this time.

His old man had even given the blonde a choice to opt out of the fight after viewing the opponents fight records. Of course he wasn't going to forfeit. Lapin was sure he could take him.

No, he did not try to bite off more than he could chew.

Well let's just see where that got him: in the worst shape of his life. There was a little bit of pride for winning, but not much considering the fact it wasn't his skills that took him home. Actually he wasn't even sure if he could make it up the stairs to his barracks. His already doubling vision was getting worse, so he slid down against the wall.

Though his sight was impaired, his hearing wasn't (save for the ringing of the crowd's shouts). "I don't need any help," he told the medic. He wasn't looking up but he was sure whoever it was was here to try and patch him up. Not that he didn't think he needed the first aid. He just had a certain distrust for doctors of all kinds. That said though, he was in no condition to be able to refuse or even put up much of a struggle should the medic try to move him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MediumSeaGreen SteelBlue
Lapin
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Lisa] ƒ Д ∫ ℓ ! [Lapin]

Post by Lisa on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 am

Lisa flinched at a particularly loud shout from the crowd and the scream of pain that had caused it. She absolutely hated the arena and the violence, but after hearing that a couple of her normal street patients had died due to injuries here and not being properly treated, she had agreed to helping out every so often. And that had led to her being called whenever certain fighters were in the arena - the harbinger currently fighting being one of them.

She hoped that he didn't permanently maim someone again.

Lisa let out a soft sigh when she heard the announcer call the end of the fight, grabbing the first aid kit she had with her and started toward where she was told the opponent, a blond man with no powers, had gone. Seeing him, she moved to kneel next to him. Looking at the blood, you wouldn't know that he was the victor.

She scoffed at what he said, adjusting the strap to the kit so that it would be out of the way, then pulled his arm over her shoulders and helped him to his feet before walking him to the stairs. She had seen Lapin before and knew that he frequently roomed here. "Which room is yours?" she asked.

body - Cadet Blue ~✚~ dialogue - Rosy Brown
Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lapin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 am

Still not looking at the medic--he assumed from the voice she was a woman--he attempted to wriggle away. It wasn't very successful, to say the least, only managing to send a sharp pain where it hurt. A small whimper escaped his lips, but was quickly stifled. He wasn't one to whimper in the face of pain, but Christ it fucking hurt. And someone would need to clean up the small pool of blood he left on the ground.

Not willing to try and move again, he responded to the lady. She knew he roomed in the barracks? "Last one." The walk up the stairs longer and more arduous than it should have been. Despite not wanting to rely on the medic, he had to lean on her for support. Because otherwise he would tumble and roll down the goddamn stairs. That would help his injuries. So much. So. Much.

His conscious threatened to shut down with every step up, and he just about collapsed by the time they reached his room (which was at the end of the very long hallway). A mini black out hit him just at the door frame. Instinctively he put out his free arm to grab the frame. Fucking. Dumb. Mistake. He hissed loudly in pain, letting his arm drop. What was he, retarded today or what?

It was more or less a relief to be able to sit on his cot. He watched the medic clean and do whatever to his wounds, flinching at the peroxide. She was going to have to put his arm back in its socket soon. The sitting helped a bit, giving him enough of a mind to glance up at the lady. Blonde hair, green eyes. Huh, like him. She was kind of pretty...what the heck was he thinking about. He didn't know anymore. But it gave him something to focus on rather than the throbbing of his shoulder and passing out. Oh look, she had freckles too.

MediumSeaGreen SteelBlue
Lapin
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Biting back the chiding comment that wanted to slip out when he tried to use his arm, she instead sat him down then pulled out a pair of scissors to cut his shirt away. Most of the fighters didn't take well to being scolded for any reason and she really didn't want any more bruises, particularly ones that she would have to hide.

She cleaned the blood off his skin then set about disinfecting his wounds. "You're going to need some stitches, after I deal with that shoulder," she said softly then stood. "I'm going to relocate you shoulder now. Don't hit me."

After warning him, she took his arm and forced it back into place, stepping back quickly in case he lashed out anyway. When he didn't, she moved next to him again, starting to stitch the places that needed it. "Other than the obvious wounds, do you have any other pain? Double vision or black spots? Ringing in your ears?" Hopefully he wasn't one of those fighters who had to hold up their sense of bravado and would try to hide wounds.

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lapin on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Scolding isn't something Lapin enjoyed, I mean who actually liked being lectured and talked down to for their own stupidity? Certainly not anybody with pride, or all the real fighters in this arena. That said, Lapin wouldn't lash out if the doc chose to throw a sarcastic remark his way because using a dislocated arm to grab a door frame was indeed an act of idiocy. Of course, all that depended on the subject he was being chided about. Super touchy things might earn the speaker a fist in the face though, regardless of their age or gender. Discrimination? Not in Lapin's dictionary.

The blonde didn't acknowledge her warning, but he heard it even with the ringing. He was focused just enough to relax his body and prepare for the relocation. Which, by the way, hurt like a bitch. He winced and grunted, trying to roll his shoulder. It hurt but much better now that the bone was back in its proper socket.

"Other than the obvious wounds, do you have any other pain? Double vision or black spots? Ringing in your ears?"

He would have kept his eyes closed during the first aid, but he didn't know this lady enough to be quite that comfortable with not paying attention to what she did. Lapin didn't expect her to try anything life threatening, but it was a trained habit. "No..." Not exactly. "A little ringing and blurry vision." Really, he knew it wasn't serious, just the usual fatigue from the fight and his lack of sleep. Ah, he should get some sleep. This was one of the rare occasions when he had the strong urge to.

"I'm fine. Thanks," he said in a dismissing tone. He wasn't going to willing sleep with another person around. Passing out was another matter...

MediumSeaGreen SteelBlue
Lapin
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Lisa snorted softly, ignoring his assertion of his state of wellness. Not only was it clear that he wasn't, but she was the one with medical training and who wasn't currently bleeding. "No, you really aren't. You're actually lucky to be in one piece after fighting that mon... that man." No matter how much she didn't like Lapin's opponent and thought that he shouldn't be allowed in the arenas anymore, she still wasn't the type to really insult someone, not without very good reason and rarely to another person, particularly not someone that she didn't know well.

She tied off one line of stitches and started on the next. "You're Lapin, correct? Is there something else you would rather I call you by?" the doctor asked, wanting to keep him awake and getting the patient to talk was usually a good way to do that. Of course, that was assuming that the patient was willing to talk in the first place. If not, then Lisa would just have to try and keep him focused by talking herself.

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lapin on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:03 pm

"No, you really aren't. You're actually lucky to be in one piece after fighting that mon... that man."

Lapin almost laughed at how she was about to call his opponent a monster. The description was pretty accurate actually. In his opinion the woman had enough reasons to call him such, considering the kind of damage that man had done. His track record was probably permanently dyed in red and torn off body parts. If you thought about it that way, the blonde had gotten off with a better deal--a fixed dislocated shoulder and some deep gashes, bruises, and a killer migraine. But that was nothing that wouldn't heal, especially with the professional training he was receiving.

"You're Lapin, correct?" He nodded curtly in response. "Is there something else you would rather I call you by?"

He narrowed his eyes slightly, not in any mood for a conversation. "Ethan," he mumbled, grimacing at the stitches going into his skin. "Call me whatever. It doesn't matter." He responded to both. He was Lapin in the arena and Ethan to his father, though both names came from the old man. Emerald eyes quietly watched the doctor work, half listening to anything she said, only answering with a nod or nothing at all.

After a while, he spoke up with his own question. "Hey, doc." His eyes traced the guaze going around his arm. "Shouldn't you be taking care of the other guy?" Assuming that hunk of meat hadn't died from blood loss yet. If he did, the world would be a better place. It wasn't being mean since it was the truth. Lapin didn't expect him to be able to fight in his handicapped state anyhow. Well, he just ended the career of a notorious fighter. His day was soo complete. Sarcasm aside, he was quite impressed with his fortune that day.

MediumSeaGreen SteelBlue
Lapin
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 am

The smaller blonde nodded lightly. "Ethan then. I need you to splay the fingers on your injured side then make a fist. Tell me if there's any tingling or numbness. This will tell me if there's any nerve or tendon damage so don't keep quiet or you could lose use of your arm." And by extension, his ability to continue fighting.

Finishing the last row of stitches, Lisa glanced up at his question and frowned lightly as she started to wrap his wounds. "Honestly, because I refuse to treat him. After he lashed out at me and nearly caved my skull in, I won't go near him. I'm not willing to risk it happening again or worse." Her frown shifted into a light smile. "Thankfully, there are very few fighters who I won't treat."

She tied off the gauze around his arm and moved on to his chest. "I'm the primary care doctor for a handful of competitors. Would you like to list me as yours?" Yes, she specialized in pediatrics, but she had taken the additional courses for emergency room care in case she needed to tend to one of her normal patients in that way or if the hospital her office was attached to needed the additional help.

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down