~Flashback~ First Friendships [Angel, Claire] ~Complete~

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: ~Flashback~ First Friendships [Angel, Claire] ~Complete~

Post by Angel on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Angel watched Claire as she turned to focus on her doll and then he saw her eyes flutter and her body fall slack. He quickly reached out and grabbed her. "Claire!? Claire, are you alright!?" He whispered in a panic. He looked into the office and saw that her doll had moved from it's spot and now was standing looking at him. He breathed a sigh of relief, until he heard a loud buzzer sounding and the heavy locks of the automated door open with a loud 'Clank.' He immediately heard the footsteps of the orderlies coming his way and he quickly shouldered Claire's body and ran through the door and set her down by the office door and froze the handle and pulled it open to let the doll out before he went back to the automated door. He saw an orderly rush into the day room and spot him, but was a few seconds too late and the door closed in front of him. Angel smirked and turned around to check on Claire's body when he saw another orderly looking at him. "Of course. It had to be you, Gary. Of all the people I could've seen tonight, It had to be the one who annoyed me the most."

"How'd you get through the door, brat?" Gary spat at him angrily. "Doesn't matter I guess. All that matters is that you're not getting out of here, unless you can get through me and you have no chance at that little man." Angel growled because Gary was right about Angel being smaller than him. That wasn't going to stop Angel though. While Gary had size on his side Angel was not only trained in martial arts, but he also had been in plenty of fights and had experience with being the smaller guy. "Don't worry Gary. I'll try not to make too much of a mess out of your face once I'm done with you." he said as he got into his fighting stance. Gary growled and put up his fists and moved closer to him in the hallway. Angel knew he didn't have much room to work with and he was practically trapped in the corner, but that came with it's benefits as well. Angel rushed forward and threw a quick couple of punches to see if Gary had any good reaction time and was satisfied when he got in clean hit to Gary's face right through his guard and a couple more shallow hits.

Gary backed away a little when he got hit, obviously not expecting Angel to be so quick and growled angrily.
"You little shit!" yelled Gary as he rushed towards Angel and threw a heavy punch. Angel dodged it and Gary's fist smashed against the safety glass behind him, hurting his hand, before Angel slammed his fist into Gary's gut. Gary was hurt, but threw another punch and caught Angel in his side. Angel grunted in pain and kicked Gary hard in his gut and forced him back and onto the floor. Angel heard sound of metal sliding on the floor and saw Gary's key ring had come off and Claire's doll was picking it up while trembling. "Go! I'll handle him!" he said as Gary got up and rammed his shoulder into Angel. Angel gasped in pain as he hit the safety glass and his vision got a little hazy from his head slamming against it as well, but he managed to bring his hands over his head and double-hand smash Gary's kidney. Gary let up and gasped in pain, but Angel did it a second time to the other kidney and Gary let go and fell back again. Angel took no more time and mounted Gary and put his hand over his mouth and nose and began forming a layer of ice. Gary felt the sudden coldness and struck Angel a few time to try to force him off, but Angel didn't stop until a layer of ice was stopping Gary from breathing. Gary's struggling made him suffocate faster and just as he looked like he was going to pass out Angel punched Gary's face hard and broke the ice stopping him from breathing. Gary's eyes fluttered closed but his chest continued to rise and fall, proving to Angel he was still alive and unconscious.

Angel quickly patted Gary down and took the money from his wallet, a cardkey for the elevator, and a sedative he had on him in case anyone else showed up before hobbling off to the stairwell door and freezing the door closed in case any more nurses had heard the noise and were coming. He hadn't expected to be so rusty in a fight or so out of shape because he was breathing heavy and his body throbbed in pain. He thought he could rest when he heard Claire scream and he immediately ran back. He saw an orderly slowly moving towards a trembling Claire with a needle in his hand.
"Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just going to give you something to help you sleep." the male nurse said, but Angel quietly snuck up to him and stuck the sedative he stole in him and plunged the drug inside him. "I think it'd be better if you took that nap." Angel growled out as the man fell limp onto the floor and slept. He leaned down and took the money out of his wallet before look up at Claire and held out his hand. "Come on Claire, it's time to go."

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:23 am

Claire saw Angel run through the door with Her body tossed over his shoulder. He stopped and set her down from what she can see on the floor. She looked over and saw the male nurse who usually guards the entrance to the day room walk up behind Angel. She hopped off the desk and heard crackling, she looked up and she saw the door open. She looked up as he turned back and jumped slightly at the orderly as saw that they were talking about something and got very worried.

"Of course. It had to be you, Gary. Of all the people I could've seen tonight, It had to be the one who annoyed me the most." Angel said annoyed. She saw the guard eyeball Angel and grin at him, "How'd you get through the door, brat?" Gary spat at him angrily. "Doesn't matter I guess. All that matters is that you're not getting out of here, unless you can get through me and you have no chance at that little man." She slid back into the room hoping Gary did not see her.

She posted up against the wall and pulled jack’s ears down to try and block the noises of the hits being thrown. She hated that it had come to this type of situation. She hoped that they could have just gotten out of the hospital unnoticed but she knew that was never a possibility for this plan. In between the grunts and smacks she heard something metal clang against the ground; she turned around the doorframe and saw a keyring on the ground. She walked out and picked up the keys and saw Angel slam his fists into the back the man. She stood there and physically felt jack’s body begin to tremble. She was scared as she saw Angel hurting someone. She felt rigid at see the anger in Angel’s eyes they looked almost happy that he was hurting someone.

“Go! I’ll Handle Him!”, he yelled just as Gary got up and charged at him. She jumped and ran off with the keys. As she ran down the hall she didn’t know which room was the file room but she saw each room had numbers. When she looked down at the keys and fumbled with them until she saw that there was a paper attached to one of them. She looked at it and it read, “Room#322 (file storage)", she looked up and saw the door she was in front of was Room 320. She ran down the hall and found Room 322 she looked at the key and saw the doorknob was a bit higher than her. She looked around her to see if she could use anything as leverage and saw a bucket with a mop in it next to a water fountain a little bit down the hall. She knocked the mop over and dumped the bucket water out. She turned the bucket upside down and pushed it underneath the doorknob so she could climb up and unlock the door.

Once in the room she looked around and saw a library of folders and files and a computer with a window behind it. No one was in the room to her luck. She closed the door behind her, making sure to take the key with her, and ran over to the computer. She climbed up the chair and slammed her paw onto the keyboard to wake up the computer, only to find out it was locked when the screen lit up. She groaned inwardly and looked at the key to see if it held any information but sadly it did not. She looked around the room to see if she could find anything with a login written on it but to her dismay nothing was found. She plopped down on the chair and thought of what the password would be.

As she sat there she saw a bottle of water sitting on the desk. She sat there for a few seconds and then jumped up and grabbed the bottle. She climbed on the desk as she maneuvered the cap off of it and started tossing water into the grates of the computer monitor and started to hear it begin to short as sparks started to fly off it. She climbed down onto the floor and crawled under the desk and began to empty the bottle onto the wires and tower of the computer as saw a spark pop out and smoke begin to emit from it. She heard a buzz sound as the lights dimmed slightly and she walked from under the desk and began to push the chair to the door. As she was pushing the chair she started to feel her head get dizzy and started feeling week as she collapsed onto floor.

A few minutes later she opened her eyes and saw angel limping off down the hall. She felt a vicious pulse go through her body and suddenly her body was racked with pain that sourced from her head. She pushed through it as she pushed herself up as she leaned on the wall to prop herself up,
“I can’t fuck up now..” She mumbled as she slid along wall down the hall to retrieve Jack. She could feel her fear building up but her adrenaline was pumping too high for the moment. She was scared Angel might come back for her considering the look she saw in his eyes. It looked like he enjoyed hurting that nurse and like he got excitement off of it.

She didn’t realize how weak she was until she felt herself slip onto the wall. She leaned her hand onto the wall to try and prevent herself from falling. She heard footsteps approaching her,
“Claire?”she looked up to see Chris. She felt her body go rigid as she saw him. ‘No…not now..’ she thought, “What are you doing out of your ward??” he questioned. She continued to look at him and felt the exhaustion take more effect as her breathing became somewhat labored, “P-please Chris… ju-just go away…I don’t want to…have to hurt you” she mumbled in between breaths as she narrowed her eyes at him. "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you.” He said he pulled a syringe from his pocket. “I'm just going to give you something to help you sleep." He finished. She started to feel like her body start to tremble as she see saw him close in. she turned her head, “C-Chris…please…Just…Go away” she groaned.

Her eyes half-lidded as she heard a grunt. She opened her eyes and saw Angel stabbing a syringe into Chris’s neck,
"I think it'd be better if you took that nap." He said as Chris collapsed to the floor. Angel looked down at Chris with a scowl then looked up at her and softened his expression as he offered her his hand. "Come on Claire, it's time to go." He said with a soft smile. She felt her chest move with her breathing; it was becoming more stable. She wasn’t sure to take his hand or just part ways now. She was scared if that side of Angel came out again and if she would be his next target. She looked at his hand for a minute and back to him and grabbed his hand.

He pulled her up and pulled her over his shoulder. She didn't like being so close to Angel but she didn't mind it as much as before. it wasn't like she had the energy to actually pull away.
"Angel...We have to get Jack" she said weakly. He huffed and shifted her more onto his back, "Alright, let's go get him." .

They walked to the file room and saw smoke rising from the stack of files near the wall. She looked down from his shoulder and saw a small flame. she looked to the side,
"We have to go...now" she mumbled. she saw Angel look down at the fire and stare at it for a second, "Shit....this wasn't suppose to happen." he said in a fearful tone. He didn't move and Claire got scared. 'Is he afraid of fire?' she tapped his shoulder lightly and he flinched violently, "W-we have to go! We cant stay here" he said frantically as she started to leave. "No...please get Jack..i can't leave him." she said quietly. Angel glanced at her and grunted in frustration as he continued to watch the flame. He shifted til he hit the door and then quickly bent down and snatched up Jack from the floor before darting out of the room and freezing the door shut.

Last edited by Gloomers on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Claire
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Angel immediately went for the elevator and pressed the button for it repeatedly, hoping it would come faster. He looked at the sign next the elevator that said "In case of fire, use the stairs and not the elevator." and decided at this particular moment, when a fire was so close, he did not give a damn about the rule. If the fire began to spread and the air began to heat up, he'd bake alive in there in just a few minutes. This was not only his escape for his mental health, but his life was literally on the line. "Shit...shit! Hurry up you stupid elevator!" he thought to himself. He had hoped that his ice around the door would've stopped the fire from having enough oxygen to keep burning, but when he heard a window break because of the heat he knew things were only going to get worse.

He push the elevator button a few more times and finally noticed the keycard reader next to the elevator door. He couldn't believe he hadn't noticed it before and growled at himself before running down the hall to the stairwell door he had frozen before hand. He looked at it and knew it would take him time to break through it because he made the ice thick enough to stop the other nurses and for a moment didn't know what to do. His mind kept racing for answers until a loud ringing noise began. He jumped in shock as the noise started and then noticed it was a fire alarm. The sprinkler system started and Angel and Claire began getting soaked by the water, but Angel also noticed that the water was quickly melting his ice.

Knowing that the fire was going to be put out calmed Angel down some and he thought about his next move. The door would thaw out and they'd be able to leave and in the resulting panic from the fire alarm going off people were going to be evacuated outside of the building. They'd probably try to lock down during the evacuation, but they'd have to keep the gates open for the fire department, meaning this was the best time to escape! He'd need a distraction though and the panicked screams of the patients instantly turned his head. With a sly smile he ran back to the office and opened the automated door and the patients and staff began rushing out and down the stair well. Angel joined into the middle of the crowd and they all rushed outside. Almost immediately once they were outside Angel ducked away from the crowd and adjusted Claire on his back.
"Ok...we're not gonna have a better chance than this, so let's go!"

Angel began sneaking around the cars in the parking lot, using them as cover to prevent any of the staff who were gathering the other patients from seeing them until he there were no more cars left. It was harder doing this while carrying Claire, but he had no choice. He'd made a deal with her and no matter what he wasn't going to leave her there while he gained his freedom. The last stretch between the car and the open gates was completely open and nothing would hide them. He took a deep breath and began to run towards the gate. He heard someone shouting about something and knew someone had probably seen him, but he didn't bother looking back. His goal was right in front of him, and he couldn't afford to look away. He rounded the wall and kept running as fast as he could. It wasn't more than a couple of seconds before he saw fire department trucks turn on the street and then onto the hospital grounds blocking the only entrance.

Angel ran until his legs felt like they were going to give out on him and his body couldn't take it anymore. They was several blocks away from the hospital, soaking wet, in the hospital wear, in a part of the district that neither one of them was familiar with, but Angel didn't care about any of that at that moment. For that moment all he knew was that he was free and it felt damn good. He began laughing at his new-found freedom and looked over at Claire.
"We're free! Can you believe it!? Just take a deep breath of the fresh air!" he said excitedly with a wide smile.

Claire had been sitting on a bench that they finally stopped and she smiled as well. Angel was glad to see her smile, but then a frown came to his face. He still hadn't asked her what she planned on doing and to be honest, he had no idea himself. He couldn't just go home, walk through the door, say 'hi' to his parents and pretend everything was ok. They'd know he broke out. He had nowhere to go and only one hundred-and-seven creds to get them there. That could used in a month and he knew it. He sighed and decided that this was the moment of truth.

"Claire?" She looked up to him while squeezing water out of her stuffed animal's ears. "um...what are going to do now? I-I mean...I don't have anywhere to stay...and I guess I never really thought I'd ever get this far. I don't have...any friends, besides you...so...um..." he knew he was rambling, but he didn't know what else to do. He took a deep breath and calmed his nerves a little. "What I'm trying to ask is; are we going to stay together or not?"

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 am

Claire drifted in and out of consciousness while she was on Angel’s back. She could hear the blaring sounds of the alarm, which was soon followed by something drenching her back. She knew that the fire must be getting worse as she heard Angel cursing at something repeatedly. After hearing a people chattering near her she got scared as to what was going on. ‘did we get caught..?’ she thought nervously. She opened her eyes partially and saw numerous amounts of people just walking around them. She felt her body pull faintly as an involuntary action for being around people but she felt her conscious drift back out again.

The next moment she opened her eyes she saw she was outside and still on angel’s back. She started to feel her strength return to her slowly but she remained still on his back. She started to feel herself lift up slightly as Angel ran. She also could hear shouts which drove her paranoia up as she thought they were being followed, but once she heard the siren of the fire truck past she began to relax. She could feel the breeze run over her as angel continued to run. She hadn’t been outside in so long…she missed it. She felt a smile tug at her lips as realization began to sink in.
‘I’m out…finally..’. A few minutes later she felt Angel sit her on a bench and sit Jack in her hands. As more of her strength began to return to her she looked up and saw Angel, bent over, catching his breath. She started to feel the coolness of her wet clothing as the breeze blew by. She picked up jack in hopes of cuddling him for warmth and felt he was soaking wet as well, so she began to squeeze the water out of his body.

She could hear Angel chuckling that soon turned into laughter.
"We're free! Can you believe it!?” Claire looked up at him and he stretched out his arms and faced the sky, “Just take a deep breath of the fresh air!" he said with a joyous tone. She looked up at him and smiled, ‘we’re finally free..’ she thought as she turned her attention back to Jack’s ears.

“Claire?” she looked up and saw Angel looking oddly nervous. "um...what are going to do now? I-I mean...I don't have anywhere to stay...and I guess I never really thought I'd ever get this far. I don't have...any friends, besides you...so...um..." He sighed and rubbed his neck, she blinked at him confused. She forgot to ask him about what they were going to do when they got out. She was so caught up in the moment she forgot to ask again. "What I'm trying to ask is; are we going to stay together or not?" he said as he looked away from her.

Claire stared at him for a minute and then looked forward. She didn’t have any friends either, that is besides him. She was unsure while she stared blankly in front of her. Angel was the only person she met that she could function around normally that was not her mother. She thought she would just go home to her mom, but she didn’t want leave Angel... she looked back up to Angel,
“I…um..do you have..anywhere to stay?” she asked in a meek tone. Angel shook his head. "No...I can go to my old house, but...I can't stay there anymore." A part of her got excited at that response as she looked down at Jack. “oh…um..I want to stay...um I mean.. Do you..want to..stay with me?” she asked as she looked up at him. Angel smiled and nodded. "Yes...I'd like to stay with you...Do you want to stay with me, Claire?"

Claire felt a smile creep along her lips,
“..y-yes!” she continued to stare at him, she knew the risk she was taking. She was inviting someone she slightly feared into her home..but..she didnt care. If things get bad…Jack will protect her, he always has. Angel smiled happily and nodded. "Ok, but I need to go home for a bit...I’ll need some clothes and maybe a little money to help us afford a place.” he said as he started to waving at the street trying to hail a taxi. “I-I have a place…we can stay, My..home has as extra room…you can stay with me and my mother” she said quickly. Angel turned and looked rather nervous, "A-are you sure your mother will...let you stay? I mean...we...just escaped the hospital.” She didn’t think of that but she didn’t want to be alone around Angel. “S-she wont mind! Really! She misses me like I miss her!” she said quickly as she used Jack to cover her mouth. Angel studied her for a minute before nodding, “Okay…we’ll go there” he said as turned back to wave down a taxi.

Claire sat on the bench as they waited for a taxi to stop for them. Eventually one came and stopped and as soon as it did Claire’s head perked up. She heard Angel mutter something to the driver and hand him something, then motioned for her to come to the car. When they were in the car, Claire didn’t like the close proximities of it, so she slid herself out of view of the rearview mirror and against the door. she felt nervous and started to rub jack’s ears to relax herself somewhat. The car ride was rather quiet as they drove. The driver said a few things but primarily directed towards Angel, which she was grateful for.

After about 15 to 20 minutes later they pulled up in front of a house. Claire looked out the window and saw a tall 2-story house that looked like it part of those picture perfect communities. She stared at it with envy,
‘This is angel’s home?...why was he in the hospital? Living in a area like this looks like he wouldn’t have a worry in the world’ she thought surprised. She turned to Angel and saw he was staring down at his hands as he fiddled with them nervously. He had a pained look on his face, it wasn’t his usual scowl like when she first met him. She continued to stare at him, she wanted to ask what was wrong but..her voice was lost. “Hey? Are you going to get out? I have other places to be, y’know”
Claire
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:11 am

Angel wasn't sure about how Claire's mother would react to them being there, but if she did in fact try to get them to go back he'd have to take Claire and leave to find somewhere else to live. She was his first real friend and he wouldn't leave her to be taken back to that hospital ever again. He sighed and held up his hand for a taxi and eventually one stopped for him. He motioned for Claire to wait a minute and stepped up to the cab driver. "Hey, can you get us to 4522 Wallaby street?"

The driver looked at him and Claire and then turned his head back to look at the smoke trail that was still coming from the hospital. "...You two from the hospital? Saw there'd been a pretty bad fire on my way over here...you two wouldn't happen to have caused that fire, right?"

Angel pulled out a hundred creds and flashed them in the man's face. "A hundred creds for you to stop asking questions and drive us where we want to go." The driver looked at the money and then him. "...how far?" Angel smirked "Maybe only fifteen to twenty minutes tops."

The driver pursed his lips for a moment before he gestured with his head to get in the cab. Angel smiled and motioned for Claire to come over and get in the cab. She was nervous, as always, but Angel felt a mixture of emotions. He was going back home. Would his parents still be awake? Would they see him and take him back with a hug and tears in their eyes? Could they ever look at him the way they did before the incident happened again? He already knew the answer in his mind and whenever the driver asked him for directions he gave them, until they were finally there. Angel stared at his house for a while. He couldn't take his eyes off of it. Inside were the two people he had wanted to see for so long...he had so many questions and he knew he'd never get the answers. "Hey? Are you going to get out? I have other places to be, y'know."

"Yeah? Well I got another fifty creds in it for you if you stay here and drive us to our next destination. Shouldn't take us much longer than this ride, right Claire?" Claire looked at him a little shocked and then nodded her head quietly. The man looked back at Angel and pursed his lips again. "...make it seventy-five and you got a deal." Angel knew he was getting swindled, but he had no other choice really. "Fine...just wait here. We'll be back in a few minutes."

Angel and Claire stepped out of the car and Angel walked up the short walkway and took the spare key from under the last walkway stone, where it had always been. He wiped it clean on his shirt and slipped the key into the lock and easily opened the door and turned off their alarm almost as soon it began blaring. "um...you can wait here if you want, or if your hungry there is some food in the fridge...just try not to touch the yogurt...it's my mom's." It felt so awkward to talk to Claire like she was a guest in his house...to act like he still lived there. He pointed the way to the kitchen and then went upstairs quietly. His room was almost exactly as he had left it and it made him smile slightly. He knew his mom had cleaned it up for him, probably expecting him to come home quickly, but it never happened...he stayed in the hospital so long they gave up on him.

He quickly grew bitter and grabbed clothes to change into and put more into a duffle-bag. He then quietly went into his father's office room and went into the closet to find the family safe.
"Sorry...but I think this counts as an emergency." Angel took five hundred creds, only half the amount stored away in the small safe, and put the bills into his pocket. He walked downstairs and went to the kitchen to get Claire, who seemed to be amazed with his home. "Come on...let's go."

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 am

"Yeah? Well I got another fifty creds in it for you if you stay here and drive us to our next destination. Shouldn't take us much longer than this ride, right Claire?" Angel said as he turned to Claire. Her eyes jumped in shock but the look he gave her made her understand it was just going to be a retrieval thing. She nodded and saw Angel look back at the taxi driver, who got quiet for a minute. "...Make it seventy-five and you got a deal." Angel was quiet and then looked up at the drive, "Fine...just wait here. We'll be back in a few minutes." He stated as he got out the car. Claire decided to follow suit to prevent being stuck in the car with that man.

As they entered the house, Claire jumped at the quick beep that the Alarm made before Angel shut it off. Once she relaxed she looked around in awe at the interior of Angel’s home.
‘It looks as good as the outside does.’ She thought in awe. "um...you can wait here if you want, or if your hungry there is some food in the fridge...just try not to touch the yogurt...it's my mom's." Angel said as he pointed to the kitchen.

She looked to where Angel was pointing and saw Angel face darken slightly as he walked away. She watched him walk up the stairs and out of sight as she stood in his living room. She consistently wondered why he seemed so sad to come to his home and why he wasn’t allowed to stay here anymore? Was it because he was too old or did he do something? She pondered numerous reasons as to why he would leave this. She looked at the pictures on the coffee table in front of her and saw a man who looked very similar to Angel and a woman who looked rather different than him but shared his hair the black color of his ,
“hmm..” she mumbled quietly. Pictures traced the room some of the two people she just saw and some of Angel in his younger years and him in a tuxedo. She looked at the pictures of him and he looked so happy he’s smiling in almost all of them. She thought back trying to remember when was the last time she smiled in a picture and couldn't remember. Her eyes drifted to the picture of him in a tuxedo. His hair wasn’t spiky it was slicked back and he had a soft smile on his face. ‘What is this picture for…?’ she thought curiously, she looked to the corner and saw a print of his name and a year. She was very interested as to what that picture was for but she brushed it off for now, she figure she’d ask Angel when he gets back.

She walked to this kitchen and stood there for a second and took in the area. It looked like a kitchen out of an ideal home magazine. Everything about this house was perfect; she looked at everything and continued to wonder why Angel would leave this.
‘Were his parents angry with him? If so, why?’. "Come on...let's go." she jumped and quickly turned around to see Angel holding a duffle bag and in different clothing. She nodded as they walked out of the house, they entered the cab and she watched as Angel handed the man some more money from out of his duffle bag. ‘where is he getting this money from?’ she thought warily.

“So where is your next stop?” the driver asked angel. Angel then turned to Claire, “What’s your address, Claire?” she hesitated, “..157th street, east district, Building 3C” she mumbled. “I didn’t quite get that, speak up.” The cab driver said annoyed. She curled into jack as she pushed herself closer to the door, “She said '157th street, East District, Building 3C.'” Angel said in a similar tone back to the driver. She felt the car start to move as the driver mumbled something under his voice.
Claire
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:30 am

Angel didn't know much about Claire so it was a little bit of a surprise when she mentioned her home was in the east district. He had expected her to live in the west like he did. He didn't know what life was going to be like over there. He'd always heard about the South being the most dangerous place in all of the Radius, but supposedly the East wasn't much better. As they continued driving he began to see the difference between the two districts. Graffiti was on almost every building and even some of the larger trailer trucks had graffiti on them. It didn't necessarily bother Angel that people did this, but he guessed he probably wouldn't approve of doing it himself.

The car ride was mostly silent because he and Claire (he assumed) were both staring out of the windows and looking at the city passing them by. Angel wondered what he would do for work when he hadn't gone to college. His parents had always told him that going to college was the key to success, but that one fight put an idiot in a coma and stole 3 years of Angel's life. He sighed
"It's not all bad I suppose...at least I met Claire." he thought to himself as he spared a glance at her. A small smile graced his lips and he turned back to the window. He figured he'd have to get a job and maybe, if he was lucky and Claire's mother did take them in, he could go to night school to get his college education. Afterall if he did he could get a better job and make more money...maybe one day they'd move into the West district again...

Angel shook his head. He was going to miss it, but not the people there. He sighed and touched on his stomach and hissed at the pain from his bruises. He was lucky Gary hadn't hit his face because the giant purple blotches that were on his stomach would've probably scared Claire if she could see them. He saw Claire look at him when he hissed and smiled softly at her.
"Don't worry...I'm okay." he said comfortingly and quietly to her. She watched him for a few more seconds before slowly turning back to the window. A few more minutes past before the car came to a stop again and Angel handed the man money as he and Claire got out with his things.

He knew it was an apartment building, but it was still different from what he expected. He assumed it would look somewhat similar to a hotel with a lobby and maybe someone handing out room keys, but Claire ruined that illusion when she punched in a code and the front door buzzed open and they walked inside to an only partly-clean lobby with two old elevators and halls that lead in either direction of the small lobby.
"Wow...this is it? She lives somewhere like this? Well...I guess I live here too now..." he thought to himself as Claire began walking off and he followed her to the stairs.

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:41 pm

The car ride was silent mostly. Claire focused her attention to the surroundings passing by them. Outside she could see them passing through the suburbs of the east district. She blocked a lot of her memories concerning the suburbs of the east district. All she can remember of that section is that the gangs hold some pull over there. She could see them crossing into the downtown section and she started to lighten up some. It’s been so long since she’s been home… she wondered if her mother is at work right now? Possibly so.

She sighed and continued to stare out the window at the gritty appearance of the buildings. Looking up at the sky only granted you a sight of gray clouds, which were really, smoke fumes from the factories that encased the area. It wasn’t the best area to live, it certainly wasn’t anything in comparison to Angel’s home, but it was her home. Where her and her mother made some memories, even if there weren’t many enjoyable ones.

She turned her head at the sound of Angel wincing. She saw him rubbing his stomach slightly and a worried expression formed on her face upon realizing Angel was hurt. He turned and smiled lightly at her,
“Don’t Worry…I'm okay.” She continued to stare at him; she knew he was just covering up his pain. She turned away from him; she decided to save her questions for when they got out of the car.

Not long passed before they pulled up in front of Claire’s building. She got out of the car, as did angel and they stood there as the taxi speed off. She sighed and looked up at Angel who had a surprised look on his face as he studied the building. She looked down and started towards the building.
‘He probably hates this area already…’ she thought as she punched the code in and opened the door to walk into the lobby. Claire continued to walk to through the lobby; she avoided the elevators at all costs due to the attendant who worked them. They continued to walk in silence as they climbed the stairs.

She was incredibly nervous about bringing him home but…that want to have a friend close by took over. She assumed her urge to not be lonely took over the better part of her judgment yet Angel’s been nice to her so far. But…What if he doesn’t like her mother or vice versa. She doesn’t want Angel to be stranded in the middle of this area, it would be dangerous for him. She scolded herself for not thinking this through enough. She possibly could have put Angel in a very detrimental situation. She turned to look at angel and he looked back at her and smiled. She turned back and held Jack closer to her,
‘I hope he can stay…’ she thought.

Once they made it to Claire’s floor, they walked along the hallway. It wasn’t the best looking apartment building but it was better than a lot of others in the area they lived in. The closer they got to her door the more nervous yet excited she got. She was finally going to see her mother after almost 5 years. She could understand why her mother never got to visit her in the hospital, but she always sent her birthday cards and letters, she even sent Jack to her. Yet was around the time she got Jack that she got the letter of her mother being in the hospital. It was strange though because she didn’t get a birthday card from her this year but it probably had gotten lost in the mail, as do a lot of things do in the psych unit mail. She had forgotten her mom was in the hospital for a while.
‘Well I guess ill have to make her a nice dinner and give her a nice hug when I see her again…it’ll be nice to see her again..’ she thought happily.

They stopped in front of Claire’s door and she stood there for a second staring at the doorbell.
“Claire? What’s wrong?” Angel asked after a while. She shook her head and turned to see Angel giving her a concerned look. She looked away and turned her attention to the door as she rung the bell, “N-nothing…s-sorry” she said quietly. Her nerves were picking away at her as she waited for her mother to answer the door. Yet…her mother never came to the door and it confused her for a second. She slid her hand along the framing of the door and pulled the key from out of the crease of the door.

Upon opening the door she saw the lights were off and everything else as well. She walked in and started to look around as she heard Angel cross into the foyer and close the door. It was starting to get brighter outside as the dawn started to turn into morning.
“Mom, I'm home!” she called out cheerfully as she looked around the living room. She didn’t see her there so she went down the hallway to check her room, “Mom, I'm home and I brought a—” she said as a smile traced her lips. She opened her mom’s door and saw her room was empty, “…friend.” she said as the smile drifted away. She looked around the room and saw that everything was untouched. She left the room and walked down to her room, “Mommy? Are you here??” she called out again in a hopeful tone, but yielded no response. She walked back out into the foyer to see Angel still standing there holding his duffle bag. “I'm guessing she’s not here?” Angel said lightly. Claire looked away, “S-she’s here..s-she’s…she’s probably at work!” she responded quickly, “y-yes! She’s at work.”

She looked to the side and saw the receiver for the phone blinking ‘01’ indicating a message. She walked over to the small table and sat Jack on it as she picked up the phone to check the messages. She looked down at the mail that was on the table as she listened to the voicemail recording ready the message. She saw that one letter was a letter from the hospital and the other was a white envelope with Claire’s name on it. She was about to open it when the message started.

“Hello, my name is Dr. Harold Davis; I'm calling to inform the family of Mrs. Helen Esthergreen of her current status. It is unfortunate for me to say this, but she did not make it through the surgery. I need someone of the immediate family to come down t—“ She phone slid out of her hand and onto the floor.
Claire
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Angel jumped when he heard the phone smack against the floor and immediately went to go check up on Claire. She looked completely shocked and was frozen in place. Angel picked up the phone put it to his ear. "Once again my name is Dr. Harold Davis, and I need next of kin to sign off for Mrs. Helen Esthergreen."

Angel's eyes went wide once he heard the words 'next of kin' knowing well what it meant and he looked at Claire who began to blink and move. She shook her head and began walking away. "I should get started on dinner...mommy will be surprised to come home to dinner again." "Claire..." was all Angel could say to her as she walked off. He quietly put the phone back down onto the stand. He didn't know what to do, because he never comforted anyone before, but he knew that her expecting her mother to be coming home was not a healthy thing. He just wasn't sure he could be the one to make her understand that she wasn't coming home, but if not him, who?

He sighed and rubbed his face as he went to the kitchen. When he got there he froze a moment because Claire was just standing staring at probably the largest knife she could find gently rubbing her finger against the sharp of the blade. Angel knew she had probably noticed him and he slowly walked behind her and gently grabbed her hand, which she didn't even respond to, with the knife and moved it down to the counter.
"Please let it go..."

Claire let it go almost absently and just looked in front of her. "She isn't coming home is she?"

Angel truly wished he didn't have to tell her, but still he wrapped his arms around her.
"No...she isn't."

Claire didn't move for a seconds before her body began to shudder and sobs started and quickly became outright bawling. Angel supported her weight gently down and continued to hold her without letting her go. He didn't know what else to do, but he knew not to let go. All he knew was that it hurt to see her in this much pain. He wanted to do something to make her stop crying and smile, but he knew there was nothing he could do then except hold her and wait. She cried for about twenty minutes before it began to die down into sniffles.

"Come on...let's get you to bed..." Angel said quietly. He picked Claire up and made sure to take Jack from the floor and went the room she pointed to. He set her down in bed and put the covers over her and she balled up and held Jack close to her chest. Angel continued watching her because he didn't know what else to do. A knocking on the door broke him out of his thoughts. He looked at Claire. "Please don't go..." Claire begged quietly. "I'll be right back..." he said softly as he got up and walked out of the room. He quickly went to the front door and saw a middle-aged short pot-bellied man. "Whoever the hell you are, you got five minutes to pay for this apartment or get the hell out of it, before i call the cops."

"And who the hell are you? Claire already lives here." Angel growled out.

The man's eyes popped open and he looked at Angel.
"Claire's back? I didn't know that...her mother was a good woman...a shame she passed like that. She was a good tenant, always paid her rent on time..." he said in a somber tone. "So who're you? A friend of Claire's?"

Angel assumed that the man was the building owner or at least the manager and nodded. "Yeah... she and I are friends...I'll be living with her from now on. I'll also be paying the rent.'

The manager looked at him carefully. "You got a job?"

Angel sighed and shook his head. "Not yet sir, but I'm planning on looking for something immediately. For now I got a little money saved up to pay for the first few months." Angel said quickly.

The manager nodded slowly and looked at Angel.
"Ok...I'm only gonna do this because you're a friend of Claire and Helen was a friend of mine. I'm going to call up a friend of mine and she'll give you a job nearby so you can afford to live here. Just make sure you don't fuck it up...for Claire's sake."

Angel nodded and thanked the man before the man left him and he went back to Claire. He sat in a chair next to her bed and looked at Claire. When she realized he was there she reached out her hand and Angel took it in his. She quickly fell asleep and he watched her until he grew too tired and finally fell asleep as well.
Angel
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2