Books 'N Meh [Felix - Ceara]

Go down

Books 'N Meh [Felix - Ceara]

Post by Floppy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 am

The location of the shop was tricky to find to say the least. Located in the West District, off the side alley of a busy market area lined with electronics and coffee shops, finally down some steps and under a poor excuse for a sign and you have the Bookstore BookStore.

Thats right, its actually called Bookstore BookStore. Perhaps the owner was trying to be original or ironic. Perhaps because of its inconvenient location it wanted to affirm that it was in fact an actual bookstore, and not just some seedy type store getting past suspicion from the major populace by masking its actual contents.

Maybe they were really, really high.

Regardless of its strange name and setting it was there and somehow in business. The inside was crammed with books. Lots of books. The already small store appeared in smaller with every wall hidden behind its own wall of books, the tables toward the center were stacked with them as well. Its likely suspected no inventory is done here. Ever. Whats more there seemed to be a second level filled with just as many books, a spiral staircase leading to it situated at the back of the store.

On the spiral stairs was the only customer at the moment. That customer was of course Felix.

He had practically built a barricade at his feet halfway up the steps with potential books he would either buy now or at a later date, one of which was in his hands, eyes glued to the pages. As a very regular customer, Felix seemed allowed to do this. The clerk was someone of unquestionable age, gender, ethnicity,....humanity? as they hid in most of their body in a mess of mismatched clothing, scarf, and for some reason, a sun hat. They sat behind the cash register near the front of the store not seeming to mind Felix's reading fort just as much Felix didn't mind the strange ensemble. Then again, the two barely ever spoke more than two words to one another at a time so...yeah. Any person who entered also had to deal with these two weirdos.

Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books 'N Meh [Felix - Ceara]

Post by Ceara on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 am

Why the hell was she even here again?

Ceara craned her head to glance up at the tattered sign above her head. BookStore Bookstore. Was this supposed to be a joke? There were probably drug deals or some other shady shit going on inside. The overly redundant shop name probably was a weak attempt at dissuading from that idea. Who in their right mind would run a business in such a shady corner of the city if they weren’t? She probably shouldn’t be here.

Her hand reached for the handle.

Curiosity was actually going to kill her one day, she just knew it. But she pushed the door open anyway, peering inside the room. …Oh, it really was a book store. She smiled apologetically at the clerk for her odd behavior and waved sheepishly at him, which earned her no response from the mass of cloth behind the counter. Her brow furrowed but she still stepped inside, glancing around at the collection of books and running her fingers along the dusty cover of one on top of a table before picking it up. She might as well get a few new ones while she was here.

She had collected a small stack of books by the time she reached the back of the store and caught sight of the stairs. Figuring that there were probably more up there, she eased her way over to the steps, maneuvering around the columns of books. Someone should really organize the place. There was an overwhelming amount of books in here, but if someone would just catalogue them… As preoccupied in her thoughts as she was, she didn’t notice the wall of novels nor the boy on the steps before it was too late.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Floppy on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:49 am

Felix didn't here the arrival newcomer to the store, he was too engrossed in a book about past serial killers. A bit darker compared to his usual reading escapades took him, but then it did go into explicit detail on how the killers preformed their grisly works which in itself was mildly interesting. Still, finding out how human bones can become working furniture pieces is a tale that won't be read too often. Maybe twice more. You never know on those slow days stuck at home.

Speaking of which, he hoped he could sneak this one, plus the stacks at his feet into the apartment without too much trouble. Kiera was getting testy about all the books, one of the reasons why he read them at the store first. That and the store was a nice place to read them as well. He even turned off his computers and focussed completely on the books. And why not? It was quiet, the lightning was good, no one was in the store, and of course there were no inter-

Felix suddenly lost his light, quickly followed by his page number among other things as something came crashing down on him. The sudden object gave him only enough time to bring one hand out to protect him. Not that it did much as the steps behind him dug into his back causing him to reflexly clench his free hand. Whatever it was, it felt....soft?

"HmHell?" Was his only response to his situation as he tried to remove what had fallen on him.
Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:45 pm

She should really be much more aware of her surroundings, especially in a place like this, where the books made for an accident waiting to happen.

Her books tumbled down the steps as she reached a hand out to grasp the railing, but it was too late and she ended up in a sprawled heap on top of what appeared to be a shitload of books and a person. Ceara opened her mouth to apologize for her stupidity, but the sudden squeeze on her breast made her jump. She glanced down at the hand, then to the face of the man attached to the hand, then back down. "Dude, remove your hand from my chest."

When he didn't immediately let go, she huffed and managed to extract herself from the bundle of limbs and novels. Straightening her clothes, Ceara picked up one of her books that had fallen, and after a moment of deliberation, smacked the brunet over the head with it. It was one thing to grope her, she might've chalked that up to being an accident, but did he really have to look so unimpressed?
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Floppy on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 pm

"Dude, remove your hand from my chest."

Felix was still thrown off his guard to respond properly to this statement or really react to the situation properly. The stranger was still atop of him after all. He did put together that what he was feeling was the woman's chest though. Well, he hoped it was a woman, otherwise this would be even more awkward then it should be. Probably.

When the person removed herself from himself to fix her disheveled appearance and pick up her books, Felix tilted his head slightly to the side in what could be probably be categorized as 'possible to slight intrigue'. The next category change was to pain, the facial expression just a tad more extreme, as a book came down on his head guided by the white haired women. Felix's hands immediately came up to his head in defense.

"Hey!...hey, careful...you almost hit my computers..." THe young man swiveled his two compts around to view to inspect them. Though they were off and pulled back as to not be a distraction, Felix inspected them anyway. He seemed more worried about them then the fact he was just stroke upside the head. Satisfied that they were fine, he glanced back at Ceara.

"Hm....well?" He waited expectedly.
Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:31 am

She didn't think it was possible for someone to have absolutely no expression on their face, like this guy. Well, no, he flinched at the thwack of the book, so at least he was human... But he seemed much more concerned about the weird... machines on his head than his actual head. What were those, anyway? He said computers, but to Ceara they looked more like mechanical bunny ears. But then again, she knew very, very little about computers; Talia was the one that had the laptop, and she rarely let her roommate touch it, for whatever reason.

"Hm...well?

The girl blinked, staring down at the guy. "What?" Did he want her to apologize? Because she wasn't; he was the one in her way in the first place. Why would someone sit on the steps of a very narrow staircase anyway? Granted, the store didn't seem to be the type to be crowded enough that that would be a problem. But still. "Could you maybe...?" She gestured vaguely to the side as she stooped to fish her books out of the mess, motioning for him to either help her tidy up or go away.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Floppy on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:11 am

Sitting back on the steps of the stairs, Felix's eyes had wandered back down to the book he was previously reading, forgetting his own vague question while trying to find the page he was on. He was almost done a chapter of a very brutal in his killings, but he wanted to know how the cops lured him-

"What? Could you maybe...?"

Snapped back to attention. Well, sorta. More like reluctantly gazed upward in a timely manner back to the girl. He tiled his head to the side slightly.

"Hm? Could I what?" His eyes wandered up higher this time, in thought, not really noticing the gesture. "Give you this book? Tell you my name? Move? Recommend some books? Go out with you? Help you pick up your books? Help you with directions somewhere else? Answer another question? After rattling off several possible things he could do for her, despite a few being somewhat...off, Felix waited for her to respond.
Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 am

She blinked, debating if she should hit him again. Wow, he wasn't even paying the slightest bit of attention to her. Normally she wasn't the type at all to give a damn about people ignoring her, but seriously? It was just rude to ignore someone who was addressing you not even four feet away. Oh look, now he was actually acknowledging her presence. Her eyes widened slightly at the barrage of questions, working through them in her head. She was used to her cousin's rapid fire questioning but only when it was coming from him, not some stranger that decided to grope her-

"What?"

She blinked again, trying to understand if he really said what she thought he did. "Why would I- No. Oh what no. I... I just want you to help me pick up my books or at he cry least move to the side. Why would you think I want to go out with you?" What gave him that idea? Whoever this guy was, he was one of the strangest people she had ever met. Though now that she thought about it, the reason he said that was probably just to trip her up.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Floppy on Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 pm

"What?" She seemed very confused. Angry confused. Like the kind of anger Keira got. Usually after one of their conversations."Why would I- No. Oh what no. I... I just want you to help me pick up my books or at the very least move to the side. Why would you think I want to go out with you?"

It was Felix's turn to blink now. "Hm...Is that question so awkward that it stands out? Granted, I only asked that since it was asked of me in a previous encounter....although she was pretty intoxicated...hmm..to the level of running into a wall later on...I suppose the question shouldn't be a common occurrence then..." As he rambled on his having a conversation to himself his eyes wandered back to the book he was reading. He had just turned the page when he realized there was still a conversation with someone else going on.

"Hm? Oh, right. My apologies, I'll make a note to leave that question next time." His head bobbed down to his book only to come back up. "Oh, and sorry for not helping with the mess." Afterthought apology stated, Felix's attention went right back to the book.

Yep, he forgot she wanted him to move.
Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Mon May 13, 2013 1:12 am

Ceara's face by now was the epitome of incredulous. At first she had thought that he was acting like this simply to piss her off, but apparently this was how he really was. She didn't know what pissed her off more, that he was really that uninterested in anything but his book, or that he was so successful at pissing her off without even trying. And he thought it was okay to ask her out because some drunk chick did the same to him? She'd met plenty of weird people, but this kind of weird was foreign to her.

And now he forgot about her. Again.

Ceara debated throwing a table at him. Maybe then he would move. Or not, probably not. She should seriously just walk right over him, kick down some of his books on the way up. The girl sighed and stepped to the side of the stairs, grounding her feet and setting her hands on his side, forcefully pushing him towards the side of the step. She was so done with all of this.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Floppy on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:14 am

Felix was not ready for the totally unexpected shoving of the girl, causing him to tip a few of the books from his 'reading wall' to tumble down a step or two. Before He could voice his complaints to this harsh treatment, something whizzed by his head. Checking the trajectory it came from he was almost certain what it was...even without the second one beaming him in the face.

The clerk was annoyed at the ruckus and the book tipping, and though Felix was usually on his good behavior while snooping out books, he knew what that meant.

Beanbags.

He wasn't quite sure how many the clerk was packing under that counter, but it was certain it was too many. Felix also knew the pile of clothing had pretty damn good aim.

"Uh oh..." Felix quickly shoved at Ceara to move up the flight of stairs. "Gogogogo!"

Their escape up the stairs was met the a bombardment of the little bags until they reached the top. Probably the fastest he had moved all day. Felix let out a mixed sigh of relief and disappointment. Though he was free from the being 'pelted to death' he had dropped the book he was reading in the process. He walked over to the nearest shelf and started browsing, offhandedly he decided to answer the girl's unasked question as his fingers brushed past titles.

"If you cause to much commotion in this store that happens. You have to either leave or wait until the clerk is in a less....projectile mood up here if you want to browse down there again....hmmm..."

He rubbed the back of his neck where one got him as he slipped a novel from its perch and reads its back. The whole ordeal seemed a little too natural even if he did only witness (and was apart of) previous incidents once or twice.
Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:05 am

She let out a soft laugh at her childish victory and the books tumbling down, only to be cut off by a small object grazing her cheek. What the fuck- She could only manage that small thought and recognize the thing as a beanbag before she was whisked up the stairs, barely managing to avoid tripping over her own feet. She flinched when another one struck her at the back of her head and made to turn around to yell at the clerk but the man kept pushing her up.

She didn't know he had it in him.

Ceara stumbled onto the second floor, already turning towards Felix to ask him what the hell had just happened, but his answer made her close her mouth and shake her head. "Weirdest people I've ever met, I swear." She sighed and glanced over the room, eyes scanning the book titles. "Where the hell does he even keep all of those beanbags?" Ceara grunted as she faced the stairwell again, tiptoeing down a couple of steps before a threatening beanbag impacted the wall inches from her head. She sprinted back up. "How long until I can actually leave?"
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Floppy on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Making a sour face as nothing his touch slid by caught his attention, which allowed him to focus some of it on the girl. And some of it on one of his computer screens he had just flipped on, volume off of course. Thats how he found out about the beanbags the first time.

"For where he keeps those beanbags I have no idea. I haven't had a chance to peek behind the counter and I'd rather not instigate the clerk while at point blank beaning range either."

Felix's fingers danced on the screen while he approached Ceara and the top of the stairs.

"As for when you can leave, you can now go now if you want, but of course you mean leaving without being pelted...hmm, I'd say not too long. Maybe five to ten minutes if we don't cause any more ruckus."

When he turned to her again he paused in his screen tapping, finally 'noticing' her. Furrowed brow, he leaned in closer to her, head tilting slightly to right in thought, his sleepy eyes examining her's.

"Hmm...would you happen to be a Harbinger?" He asked the tactless question as if asking which district she hailed from with a face with only a tinge of what was probably curiosity on it. The rest was sleep deprived induced emotionless facial skin. In other words the norm. To digress, he waited for her answer patiently.
Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 am

"Smart." She wouldn't brave bothering the clerk either. The mass of cloth had an extremely accurate aim and a surprisingly good arm, and she didn't want to get another bruise. Ceara rubbed the back of her head. A lump was already forming at the tender area. "Yeah, I can wait that long."

Ceara pointedly ignored the other occupant of the room, wanting to just find a book so she didn't feel as if her entire detour was a waste of time. She managed to avoid talking to him for a minute or so before he actually directly addressed her. "Hmm... would you happen to be a Harbinger?"

She turned toward him, arching an eyebrow a little warily. Some people just did not like people like her, and while this guy didn't seem to have enough energy to care, she had been wrong before. "The eyes aren't a dead giveaway?" Unlike some people her eyes were in no way natural; she couldn't tone them down to reach a more natural hue. Nor did she want to; she liked having the little barrier setting her apart from most people.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Floppy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:07 pm

"The eyes aren't a dead giveaway?"

He'd take that as a yes. "Hmm...maybe?" Felix moved in closer to inspect Ceara's pupils, dangerously near to 'personal space' borders and making it the awkward situation more so than it needed to be. Not that it wasn't before. "I suppose there are some people who'd were contacts and make claims that they are one...good bluff if they don't have to do anything...of course, most people are ill informed about harbingers anyway..." Not seeing anything that would disprove her otherwise. It seemed she had his full attention now as his expression actually gained some life to it. "Intriguing, There was a note of actual emotion in the declaration."I didn't expect to find a harbinger here of all places. Hm, what is you power? Is it something corporal? Are there any drawbacks? Hmm...wait, most I've seen have drawbacks...so, any significant drawbacks? What do-" Felix started barraging her with questions, trailing off only a few times, which proved just how much interest he had on the subject of harbingers.
Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:42 am

She stared at him for a moment before turning away, her breath leaving her chest in a huff of amusement. "I don't see why anyone would want to fake being a Harbinger; it's usually the other way around, isn't it?" There was a clear stigma against Harbingers, even the law made it dangerous to be one. No one would be crazy enough to put in colored contacts for the sake of it. People who want to fake being a Harbinger have no idea what it's like.

Blinking at the sudden onslaught of questions, she stepped back uncomfortably when he invaded her personal space, holding out her hands in front of her. "Oh my god, chill. I can- just-" She sighed and clapped her hand over his mouth. "Shut up. I can see what people are feeling, my res is headaches and nausea and that kind of shit. Why are you so interested all of a sudden?" She stared at him for a moment before stepping back, thankful for some distance between the two of them.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Floppy on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Felix was actually pretty use to people silencing him with a hand by now as he listened to what were basically her powers' stats. The strange young man actually had a count going. He was at twenty-three.

He then watched her back away, perhaps due to the uncomfortableness of the topic with a complete stranger. That or those 'personal space' issues he seems to have trouble with as stated by his roommate. Of course Kiera was getting use to it, though he'd still get smacked or pushed over if he tried to prop himself up using her when he was too lazy to put any effort into standing himself.

As he wasn't draped over her he deemed it was the topic.

"Hmm...for as to why I'm interested in your powers is because I'm interested in Harbingers." He went on, his eyes drifting only a little to collect coherent thought before returning to her and the current conversation. "They fascinate me; when they got them, how their powers work, how its effected them and their nature, if it actually effected their personality in anyway..." Felix was pretty sure some Harbingers would be still be jerks even if they couldn't fart exploding pencils on command. "You people are..hm..unique. A hard to find book...with misconstrued context dashed in far to many places hidden in gibberish and false facts." He looked up thoughtfully, rubbing his chin. "I dislike 'Accepted Facts' that come to be only because a majority thinks it or it is government enforced."

Blinks for a moment, appearing to half-drift away from reality again, then shrugs as his fingers dance on the screen of his touch computer again. "Hm...guess you can sum it up as hobby then..."

A finger raised on his free hand to gain her attention, his eyes were busy glued to the screen"Oh, and don't think just because sanity should be involved doesn't mean good decisions are made...some people may think it easier discarding contact lenses than a gun after a robbery...hmm..." Before any elaboration could be made of his addition yet another realization came across his less then emotional face as he looked at the computer's time slot. "Hm? Has it been five minutes? Shall we check to see if we can pay and leave?" He was of course referring to maybe one or two...or five books he had piled up on the stairs. It would be nice to pay for those and try to sneak them into his apartment before Kiera saw them.
Floppy
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Really? An open sympathizer? No, not just a sympathizer, this guy was crazy about Harbingers. She couldn't say that was a bad thing, though. First person she had ever met that wanted to know everything about them and he was a little creepy, yeah, but it was preferable to being attacked for being born the way she was. And thank god, someone who was smart(?) enough to realize that half the crap the media and government said was a load of hate brewing bullshit. 

She nodded. "You're a little strange, but I can appreciate that you don't swallow what the media wants everyone to think. We aren't things that need to be feared. At least most of us aren't."

Ceara blinked at his comment about sanity. Yeah, she supposed that would be a reason to pose as a Harbinger, but she knew that thinking like that was going to end up with that person's death. Normal people tended to underestimate just how much people hated others that were not like them, and what they would do to show that. 

"Hm? ...Yeah, I guess." She glanced at her small stack of books and picked it up. Her steps were quiet and wary, peaking down the stairs in case there was a beanbag heading for her face.

Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum