C R O W D S || [K. Ree, Ceara]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

C R O W D S || [K. Ree, Ceara]

Post by papabu on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Well shit, K. Ree cursed. All around him was an overwhelming hum of overlapping noises, bustling people and the mingling smell of rubbish and street food. People. He’d been taken up in a crowd of people. The nauseating sinking feeling began in his stomach. Sweat sheened his forehead and his palms, which he habitually began to rub against his pants as he looked around with fevered glances. He hadn't meant for this to happen at all. He’d been mapping out some of the more unused back alleys in this part of town when suddenly he’d found himself out in the open, and more importantly, in the middle of heavy human traffic. K. Ree remained completely still, eyes still flickering from face to unfamiliar face.

He could feel it bubbling up from inside him - not the usual mix of bile and whatever he'd had for breakfast and lunch (a cup of forgotten chips and a churro) - but something else, something much more embarrassing."Hahahahahaha wow weather sure is nice today, know what isn't nice? Rain, man I hate water it gets in everything and I should know I mean I sleep outside most days - but know what’s worse? Fire. Fire is the worst, I’m telling you. People 've been afraid of fire since the stone ages I mean have you read the bible? There's this one book with a really stupid name and literally every city God's just 'yo I’m gonna light your walls on fire' I mean who even does that--"  K. Ree laughed awkwardly again but he couldn't shut up. He was doing his best to keep his stomach settled but he knew it wouldn't be long. He wasn't even aware of what he was saying anymore - was he still talking about the bible? No something about NASA now wow where does he even get this stuff from? People were starting to look at him. Could you please look away you’re not helping, he thought bitterly. Again he tried to make his legs move, but his panic had locked his joints.

Nervously he continued to rub his hands on his pants, eyes averted to the dirty concrete beneath his boots. He needed to get out before he threw up. He hated crowds. He hated people. He hated the way said crowds of said people made him lose his almost perpetual cool. His stomach began to move. K. Ree swallowed angrily and continued blurting out randomly selected factoids as he tried to keep his sickening nervous habit from making its way up to his mouth. This was the pits.This was literally the shittiest thing. He wished he was shorter, then there’d be a higher chance of people bumping into him. That’s all he needed - a bump, a push, an angry ‘get out of the way!’ and a shove to get his legs moving.
Wow, he’d slit a man’s throat for a cigarette right now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: C R O W D S || [K. Ree, Ceara]

Post by Ceara on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:32 am

Fucking move faster.

Ceara winced as a stray elbow landed right under her ribs, directly on a rather large and fresh bruise. She bit down on the curse that threatened to slip past her lips, resigning herself to keeping the colorful words in her head. Why there happened to be such a big crowd here, she had no idea, but she just wanted to get through so she could get home. Gritting her teeth, the small woman attempted to squeeze through the minuscule gaps between people, and when that didn't work, tried to shove them out of the way.

Thing is, even for a person exceptionally strong for such a small body, it was impossible for someone her size to force her way through by brute strength alone. Ceara let out an uncharacteristic squeak when a man pushed her aside, knocking her off her feet. Closing her eyes, she prepared herself for the impact. Her eyes snapped open when her body hit something that was definitely not the cement and took it down with her.

"I'm so sorry," she mumbled, barely glancing at her impromptu cushion before turning her head in the direction of the stranger who had shoved her. "Fucking watch where you're going, asshole!"
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:11 pm

There was a sudden collision and K. Ree felt his legs finally give out and move. In the, uh, wrong direction. The tall man went tumbling backwards, the pull along of someone else’s fall. As soon as they made impact with the ground there was a soft, “I’m so sorry,” followed by a sharply shouted, “Fucking watch where you’re going, asshole!” Before the woman atop of him could utter another syllable, K. Ree grabbed her by the shoulders, ripped her from himself and rolled onto all fours - the fall having been the final push he needed as he heaved up the remains of his chip ‘n’ churro breakfast combo. Wiping his mouth on his scarf he grabbed the woman who’d gone down with him and high tailed it for the nearest alley way, dragging her along with him.

Once in the shadowy seclusion of the small alley, K. Ree unclipped the car freshener from the back of his belt and opened the vents to full. It wouldn’t be long until the bitter smell of bile was over powered by his usual, sometimes floral, new car smell. He re-clipped the small vial and produced a packet of smokes from his back pocket, shoving one in his mouth and lighting it with a sigh. He gave a few puffs before taking a proper look at who he guessed was his saviour for the day.
He wasn’t sure if she’d been talking or not, because he definitely wasn’t paying attention. He gave her a once over before taking a long drag and exhaling a cloud of smoke. “Thanks,” He said flatly as he slowly regained his composure. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a wad of credits. Licking his fingers he thumbed out a 25° and held it out to her. “For saving me,” He rephrased, shaking the credit lightly for her to take.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:56 am

Ceara's hand hit the ground to break her fall, this one off her landing pad. Swearing again, she rubbed her wrist, glaring at the man just in time to witness his... reaction.

That was not what she had been expecting.

She winced, reaching out a hand to offer him help, but she quickly found herself grabbed and dragged behind him as he sprinted out of the crowd. Taken off guard, she could only stumble behind him, barely managing to keep up with the much taller man. "What the hell?" By the time she regained enough of her bearings to attempt to resist, he had already stopped and was fixing his car freshener. She had seen people carry around stranger things, so at least it made him smell like a field of roses and less like vomit.

"Thanks. For saving me."

Ceara stared at the bill in his hand, before warily taking it. He was genuine in his intentions, as odd as he was. She didn't understand what he needed saving from, or why he decided to vomit after she crashed into him, but money was money. "I wouldn't call that saving you, but you're welcome, I guess. Are you alright, though? With the whole..." She mimed throwing up.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:05 am

“No, that was saving me. You did me a massive favour you have no idea,” He said, trailing off into a mutter. He tucked the roll of credits back into his pocket and looked her over from head to toe, then averted his eyes quickly. He puffed some more on his cigarette before checking his front for any signs of damage.
“Also, I’m fine,” he finally answered, “Just a nervous habit.” He tugged on his scarf, double checking those were old stains and not new ones. He didn’t really want to take it off in front of this random woman, so he was quietly ecstatic he’d managed to dodge his own projectile meal. It also meant he could put off breaking and entering a Laundromat until next week.

“Where are you going, I’ll walk you and call us double even.” Without changing expression he grabbed the wrist he’d seen her use to break her fall. “You hurt?” he questioned, turning her wrist around. “I’m not paying you more if you are, by the way.” He added in monotone, side eyeing her incredulously. “I didn’t push you so I’m not paying damages. Don’t try and scrounge money off of homeless people,” He looked her over again then after a pause added, “But if you’re not trying that then it’s fine.”

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 am

"No, I really don't have any idea." Strange one, this guy.

A nervous habit? That's what he was calling it? She stared at him, unsure if he was serious or simply making a joke. He wasn't. Blinking rapidly to clear the payment for her brief use of power from her eyes, Ceara shrugged. "Doesn't seem to be a very safe habit. You should probably get that checked out."

"Where are you going, I'll walk you and call us double even."

She frowned and shook her head. His intentions were not sinister in any way right now, he had a rather impassive countenance and a similar mindset at the moment, but she wasn't about to let this stranger know where she lived. "I'm rather capable of taking care of myself, but thank you for the thought."

She swore at the sudden hand around her wrist, snapping it back to her side as soon as she could wrest it from his grip. "What the hell was that for? Can't you just ask like a fucking normal person, damn it?" Ceara rubbed at the wrist. He was lucky she didn't just punch him out of reflex. "And no, I'm not trying to get any more money from you. I didn't even want any in the first place. And besides, I have no doubt you're homeless," she gave him a quick once over, remembering the wad he had pulled out, "But you're not really lacking in cash, are you." It was a statement, not a question. She wouldn't have taken the money if she thought he needed it.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 am

“Well I wouldn’t exactly call myself a ‘normal person’,” K. Ree said dryly. Normal people don’t throw up in the middle of the street, he added mentally, mostly berating himself.

"But you're not really lacking in cash, are you."

He bowed his head with a slight upturn of his lips. "No, I'm not lacking," he agreed. “I have a job.” His violet eyes searched her face before catching with her eyes. With a shadow of a smile still playing on his lips, he leaned against the wall of the alley. "Hmm let me see..." he mumbled, keeping his eyes trained on hers. It was obvious she was a harbinger too - White hair, blue and purple eyes. Mentally, K. Ree raked through his archives of information, narrowing down list after list, using his usual and unsettlingly fast process of elimination until finally his smile turned into a smirk and he raised his eye brows.
"Ceara," he stated suddenly, "You're Ceara Shay, aren't you?" He pushed himself up from the wall and his expression returned to his usual blank stare. “You’re living in that apartment complex about five, six, blocks down?” He cocked his head and plucked the cigarette from his mouth. Being vague was the best way to learn new information, though he actually already knew the exact street and apartment, the number of residences, and the easiest way to get there through the alleys he called home. It wasn’t a surprise or anything - K. Ree knew where almost everyone in this town lived.
Anyone interesting, at least.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:30 am

Ceara smirked slightly, glancing at his eyes. "No, I bet you aren't." Harbingers were anything but normal, no matter what the mutation was. Her eyes narrowed when he went silent for a few moments, carefully watching his movements.

"Ceara. You're Ceara Shay, aren't you?"

She exhaled sharply, a deep frown settling on her lips for a moment before slipping into a studiously neutral expression. He didn't mean any harm, but knowing her name, her real name, and where she lived was something that concerned her. Her left leg shifted back a half step, her hand dropping to her side. The pocket knife in her back pocket shifted, reminding her of its presence. There was no use pretending that that wasn't her name. He was sure of it, if the smirk meant anything. "I'm not sure how you know who I am, or how you know my real name, or how you fucking know where I live, but you better start explaining soon."

It wasn't just herself that she was worried about - the entire point of keeping a street alias was to keep your loved ones safe. If this guy knew what she did as well, her friend would need to start looking for a new place to live, or this stranger was going to end up with a knife in the throat. She wasn't going to let Talia be harmed because someone knew where she lived. He might not mean to hurt her, but the information he knew would, eventually. Ceara gave the man a once over. He didn't look like much. She could take him on, easy.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:10 am

K. Ree watched with a blank expression as the woman in front of him stiffened.
"I'm not sure how you know who I am, or how you know my real name, or how you fucking know where I live, but you better start explaining soon."
From her posture and the way her hand hung on guard by her side he assumed she was armed. With what, he still didn't know. He wasn't one to judge however, he had more stolen swiss army knives on him than he had hair on his head. K. Ree kept a cool eye and shook his head, dropping the smoke to the dirty ground and putting it out with his boot. "I actually don't have an explanation." He said mildly with a slight shrug. "It's just what I do." He was sure this was a shitty excuse - hell, it sounded shitty in his own ears - but it wasn't like he was gonna say; oh hey don't worry I know where everyone lives! Also know their names, their alias, who they work for and whether or not they wash their hands after taking a piss! Don't worry though, I won't tell anyone about you, unless they pay me some good dough - you're safe! I think.
Yeah that wouldn't go down well either.

He sighed internally and watched her carefully. She was obviously trying to figure out whether or not she could take him, though whether or not she'd come to a yay or nay, K. Ree wasn't sure. Though, of course, he knew who the winner would be. It would be the same as always - there wasn't a doubt in his mind. There could only ever be one victor.

She was totally going to kick his ass.

Tightening his scarf he waited for her reaction and tensed, ready to flee at a moments notice. If it was down to a fist fight, he'd be going down first. But an escape?
No one hides better than K. Ree.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:02 pm

She stared at him incredulously, not relaxing in the slightest. "You do realize that's a shit explanation and I'm not satisfied with that at all, right?" She didn't reach for the knife yet. Besides, while she was good at using it, it provided a decent distraction from the real threat - her fists and feet. Most people tended to pay more attention to the more evidently dangerous thing, the blade, and didn't see her other fist swinging towards their face until it was too late. Of course, that only applied to normal people - there were plenty of skilled fighters on the streets, and she still didn't know this guy's power.

"I'm guessing your "job" is to know things about people? And sell them out for the right price?" She frowned and kept eye contact with him. "How much more do you know about me?" She hoped he didn't lie to her, because she would know, and that would probably result in a fight of some sort, and what she really wanted to do was go home and probably take a nap. She hadn't planned to do something like this, but she really couldn't risk it.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 pm

He continued to look down at her eyes, keeping them in contact. His face remained blank, reserved - his smirks from before gone again. He was only really smiling before to make her comfortable, but things had quickly taken a turn for the worse and he understood that was no longer necessary. She probably hated him more than she did before, everyone hated him, at least he thought everyone hated him. He wouldn't blame her though.
He did kind of fuck up this situation himself. He was never a people person.

Shaking his arm, K. Ree felt one of the knives slip down from its hiding place in his sleeve and fall into his fingers. He kept it hidden, curling his hand around the cuff. His eyes never left hers once.
"How much more do you know about me?"
Without hesitating he replied with a monotone; "How much are you gonna pay me?"
Though he didn't want any trouble from this woman, he also had a job and a reputation to uphold.
He wasn't just going to tell her anything. He dug his nails into the ratty fabric of his sleeve, the thick hilt of the swiss army knife pressing into his palm. He wasn't going to stab her, he was just still unsure how armed she was and with what. If she pulled a knife, he'd be ready to defend long enough to start sprinting and disappear from her sight.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:38 am

Her eyes narrowed. "How much do you want?" She wasn't going to pay to only know what he knew about her, though. If it was just her living in her apartment, then she would hardly care; moving would be a fairly simple solution. But it wasn't just her, and this guy had the potential to hurt her best friend. "More importantly, how much will it take for you to keep quiet?" Money wasn't much of an issue now, not anymore. Especially not after she started fighting in the arena. And especially not if her friend's safety was in question.

Ceara's eyes picked up on the slight movement of his hand. He was definitely hiding a weapon in his sleeve, a knife if he could fit it there without anything bulging out. But she'd be willing to bet that the one in his sleeve wasn't his only weapon, especially if he did this information selling for a living. She wasn't in the mood for nor did she want to start a fight, but if it came down to it, she would kick his ass.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:52 am

K. Ree raised his eyebrows at her question. "I'm always keeping quiet," He said blandly, "And I'll stay quiet until someone with the right cash comes asking." His expression fell into a glower. "I just sell information, I don't tell these people to come after you. If you're so worried that someone would want to then maybe you should pick better hobbies."
He crossed his arms across his chest and took a slight step back, the discarded trash lining the alley crunching under one of his boots.
"This has gotten way out of hand," He sighed. It was still his own fault. He'd only wanted to thank this woman, not passively threaten her and her loved ones, what the hell was wrong with him? Almost thirty and still a socially inept piece of shit. No wonder he had no friends. He carded a hand through his slightly greasy fringe and tsk'd at himself. She didn't seem like a terrible person. She definitely didn't deserve having to deal with him or his bullshit either. Man did he ever just want to crawl into a dumpster and die like all the other normal hobos.
"How about a deal - I'm not gonna refuse anyone who comes to buy information off of you. I don't take sides, I don't discriminate and I definitely don't turn down my buyers. I'm not gonna compromise on that. However," He emphasised, keeping his eyes on hers, "I am willing to tell you the moment someone comes to get that info. No names, no details - just a warning. Is that good enough?"

It better be good enough, please let it be good enough, he thought mildly to himself. He barely knew this woman, but if it was between talking his way out and getting knifed in the stomach the choice was pretty obvious. He wanted to get this over with now, which ever road this conversation went down. The high tension was starting to play on his nerves. It wasn't too bad, but if this didn't get sorted soon there was going to be another two course meal on the floor.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:07 am

She snorted. Yeah, better hobbies would be nice, except what she did was not only a hobby, it was a job. She would probably end up sorely regretting not leaving this business eventually, but for now, she would stick with it. It was what she did best. She wasn't even as bad as some of the other shadier types.

"This has gotten out of hand."

Yeah, no shit. Her forehead creased as he explained his compromise, but smoothed out to a neutral expression when he was finished. Ceara didn't respond for another uncomfortable five seconds, eyes searching him for any signs of deception or anything of the like before she relaxed marginally, a hand lifting up to massage her temples.

"Alright. I didn't want a fight. But one more question: Can I have your name?" She smirked, ignoring the funny way her vision was distorting. "It's only fair, right? You know mine. And by the way, if you don't want to end up dead in an alley eventually, I'd keep the fact that you know everyone's name a secret." Most people didn't have a built in lie detector. They wouldn't be as willing to trust him as she was.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:42 am

As soon as she accepted his deal he let out a deep sigh. Oh thank god, he moaned inwardly, loosening his grip on the knife. This was starting to go in a much better direction, which he was more than just relieved about, even his stomach began to settle down again. It was good to see her slowly relaxing and he really didn't want to fuck up again.

"Can I have your name?"

He blinked slowly, cocking his head slightly. "People call me K. Ree," He informed her, "So you can too."
It wasn't his real name, but she hadn't asked for that, now had she? It may as well be his real name anyway, it wasn't like anyone alive knew it wasn't, and it wasn't like it really mattered. It was petty, and extremely stupid, but he hated his real name. He wasn't too inclined to bringing it back from the dead now.

"And by the way, if you don't want to end up dead in an alley eventually, I'd keep the fact that you know everyone's name a secret."

"Ah, yeah, well," He mumbled, "I don't usually talk to people, so..."
So sorry I'm so socially inept feel free to hate me, I hate me, you probably already hate me what am I saying.
He raked his fingernails through his hair and sighed, holding his tongue on that little bit of personal word-vomit.
"That was my bad." He said instead, sounding vaguely apologetic.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:42 am

She nodded slowly. That wasn't his real name, but it was his street name and that should be enough for her to come after him if someone did end up at her apartment without a warning. "Well, K. Ree," she stuck out her hand, "If you break your promise, I will hunt you down and kill you." Ceara smiled, a strange expression considering she as threatening him just moments before. "It's nice to meet you."

Her smile grew wider at his mumbled words. For someone who sold information about people, he wasn't very good at dealing with them, was he? Most people in the same business were snaky, slimy bastards. Not unsure, bumbling guys like this one. And Ceara much preferred the second kind. This guy was amusing, unintentionally so and she thought it hilarious. He was probably just very good at hiding, then, because he sure as hell wasn't talking this stuff out of anyone. Maybe it had to do with his power.

Ceara laughed softly. "You don't have to apologize for it. I'm just saying there's a lot of people who won't take that very well." People who would happily kill to keep their day lives secret.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:24 am

"If you break your promise, I will hunt you down and kill you." She said with a smile, followed by a sweet 'nice to meet you'. K. Ree looked at her out stretched hand and nervously took it, burying half his face down into his scarf and mumbling a tiny 'you too'.
She continued to smile at him.
Please stop, he thought to himself, you're making me nervous stop smiling.
He let go of her hand and rubbed the palm of it against his dirty pant leg - it wasn't in an 'ew gross I touched her' way and more so because he was beginning to sweat from his nerves. She was being really nice, nicer than he deserved or expected. He was lucky she was so, anyway - what would he have done if the person he'd met was disagreeable and unfriendly?
He'd probably be bleeding out on the floor, that's what.

"Sorry," he said - apologising after being told not to apologise? So smooth. He kicked himself mentally and tsk'd outloud - followed by another, "Sorry," then a fumbling of words and a slow retreat further into his scarf. K. Ree, master of tact - people person of the century. He rubbed the palm of his hands into his eye sockets and groaned.
"Can I get you something to eat?" He asked - mostly because he was starting to get the stomach grumbles himself. As if tuning into his thoughts, his stomach let out an audible gurgle. He needed to make up for the last upheaval.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 am

She watched him attempt to burrow and disappear inside his ratty old scarf with a mixture of barely contained amusement and a tiny amount of pity. She really didn't think she was doing anything that would warrant such an awkward reaction, so she was blaming this on his lack of confidence rather than anything she did. It was a good change though, to meet someone shy and so unsure of themselves, compared to the overconfident assholes she tended to have to deal with.

"Sorry... Sorry."

Ceara let out a short burst of laughter, grinning widely at his response. She was making him uncomfortable and she knew it, and it was funny as hell to her. She really wanted to keep pushing him, see how much she could fluster him before he exploded or ran away, but took pity on the poor guy. "It's really alright, you don't have to keep apologizing."

His next question, though, made her replace her smile with a small confused frown. Had she given him the wrong idea? "Oh, I'm not interested in you like -" She blinked at him for a little, tilting her head to the side. He didn't seem to want to be in her presence much longer, to be honest. "Why?"
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 pm

He visibly bristled as she began to laugh, rubbing his palms against his pants and staring at her with wide eyes. She was enjoying this, he could tell. That just made him feel worse. Upon hearing her 'I'm not interested in you' he broke out into internal screaming, becoming as stiff as a board.
Oh my god no no no that's not what I meant holy shit no why are you doing this--
"Why?"
He blinked and let out a strained sigh. He needed to clear out that huge misunderstanding, and fast, or he was going to puke for sure this time.
"I didn't mean--" He groaned quietly, giving up on explaining before ever really trying. It wasn't worth the nerves. He just needed to calm down.
"I just emptied my stomach on the street and I'm kinda hungry." He mumbled.
Wow this went from intense stand off to ridiculously awkward way too fast. He rubbed his sweaty palms on his pants again and looked at his feet.
Please just let me buy you food this is super uncomfortable.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:23 am

She didn't even need her powers; his emotions were laid out plainly on his face. Internal screaming and all. How the hell did this nervous wreck of a man manage to make so much money off what was really a business for smooth talkers and slimy bastards? Information was a tricky subject, and Ceara didn't see K. Ree talking anything out of anyone.

"I just emptied my stomach on the street and I'm hungry."

Ceara nodded. That was something she was still curious about, too. Normal people didn't just hurl the contents of their stomach because they were in a crowd. Or maybe it was a restitution or something?

"Alright, I'm just screwing with you. I'll go, calm down," she said with a smile. "Warning you though, you'll probably regret it. They always do," she muttered under her breath. Her voracious appetite tended to scare some people. Or everyone, really. Most people were confused how such a small person could store that much food in their bodies.

"And are you sure you're alright? You really just threw up out of nowhere." She didn't want a repeat while they were eating. The would be really unpleasant, to say the least.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:46 pm

She probably thought he was an idiot. Pathetic? Probably. Sometimes he'd think to himself 'man it'd be cool to have a power to read other peoples minds' but then he realised he'd probably die if he knew. He sighed and rubbed his hands over his face before pressing his lower palm into his eyes. "I am calm," He muttered quietly, probably too quiet for her to hear. Shaking his head, he crossed his arms.
"I'm fine, it's just a thing... that happens... sometimes? No, a lot." He scowled. He didn't wanna say 'it's my restitution' because then she wouldn't be prepared if he suddenly got nervous and chucked again. But then he didn't want to say 'nervous habit' because what kinda person has a nervous habit like that? A terrible person.  "I'll try... not to do the thing I guess."

Sucking in a big breathe through his nose, he turned quickly on his heels and began walking further into the alley. He was digging himself a cold, cold, embarrassing grave. Anything resembling human contact outside of work was a time of disgrace and humiliation for K. Ree. Still, he wanted to redeem himself of said disgrace - but his trying was only seeming to make things worse.
"What do you want to eat? I promise I won't regret it," He called back to her, "But we're not going near the main road." He added quickly, glancing over his shoulder.
He just hoped she picked somewhere with only a few customers.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:20 am

"Calm..." she laughed softly. That's what he called calm? He looked like he was going to have a heart attack or a break down or something. Or maybe that was just how he was, she knew him for barely fifteen minutes. She didn't know.

"And don't worry, it's fine. I was just a little concerned, I guess? I sometimes do the thing too." Ceara chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, picking up her pace so she could fall into step beside him. Damn he's really tall. "My restitution," she said as an explanation. It wasn't exactly always emptying the contents of her stomach, just that it usually ended up with that. It wasn't fun.

She nodded, leading the two of them away from the more crowded main street. "Alright. How does pizza sound?" There was a pretty nice parlor a couple of streets down; it was pretty out of the way and unknown, perfect for her strange companion. "And no, I don't think you understand. People usually regret paying for my meal because, well..." She trailed off. He'd find out soon anyway. The amount of food she could and would stuff in a body as small as hers was insane.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 am

K. Ree began trotting along beside her in his usual hunched, dopey gait. "Pizza sounds amazing," he said in an almost comedic serious voice. Almost immediately his stomach let out an inhumanly loud grumble. "Amazing," he mumbled again, rubbing his stomach. Although he was practically filthy rich, and could probably afford to buy himself a home, nice clothes and anything else that happened to tickle his fancies, he was incredibly frugal. Why buy clothes when the ones he had were still in one piece? Why buy food when he can find perfectly fine half-eaten goods in any trash bin he cared to scavenge through? He wasn't adverse to stealing either.

"Don't worry," He reassured her again as he continued to follow her, "I'm guessing you eat a lot?" K. Ree shrugged and crossed his arms, "An appetite is a good thing. Eat as much as you want."

Sometimes he got cravings where he just wanted to go to the nearest eatery and literally buy out the store - but he'd spent so much of his life living on pickings he had a tiny stomach and would probably feel sick after one or two meals.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:36 am

Even at the slow pace K. Ree walked, Ceara still had to take almost two steps for every one of his to keep up with the much taller man. A small frown came to her face when she realized this, quickening her pace.

She actually heard the low growl coming from his stomach and shot a grin at him for it. "When was the last time you even had a full meal?" He had the money to support himself, so she didn't understand why he would ever be hungry. Then again, she was fully able to feed herself now and then some, but still found herself craving more anyway, so she wasn't the greatest person to use as a reference.

She nodded. "A lot. A lot." Ceara was just incredibly lucky that she had the metabolism she had. "And I suppose, but my some of my friends are concerned that I jus might eat myself into a coma." Though it wasn't exactly an unfounded concerned, she learned after waking up hours after she happily pigged out.

Ceara smiled when they approached the familiar sign, pushing the door open and holding it out for her companion. She quickly ordered three slices for herself, figuring that she could always order more if she wanted later.
Ceara
B rank
B rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:02 am

He opened his mouth to reply but then closed it and furrowed his eyebrows. When WAS the last me he had a full meal? He honestly couldn't remember. Nothing ever stayed down for too long anyway so he tended not to have too great an appetite.

As they approached the pizza shop, K. Ree looked around suspiciously, pulling his scarf up n his head down. It didn't look like it was in too busy a spot, so he should be fine. When Ceara opened the door for him, he didn't go straight in. Instead he stuck his head around the frame cautiously, taking in how many customers there were. With only five other people in the store, K. Ree called it safe and sauntered in with a sigh. After ordering only three, K. Ree raised his eyebrows at her.
"That's not as much as I was expecting, you can order more if you want." He told her before ordering a single slice of vegetarian.
"Also, can we sit in back corner?" He asked, looking around at the other customers again.
It was quiet now, but if there was a sudden rush he needed somewhere he could hole himself up in until it passed.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top