BOX PILE || [K. Ree, Lisa]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BOX PILE || [K. Ree, Lisa]

Post by papabu on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 am

It’d been a complete accident, a really stupid accident, but an accident none the less. It was his fault, obviously. Like most days, K. Ree used his network of information to source out what apartments in what complexes were to be empty, for how long and which ones had working laundries and showers. Then, like he had done so many times in the past, he broke into the closest one, took a shower and finally got to wash his clothes (they’d gotten pretty crusty even he had to admit). Just as he’d finished putting his pants on, he heard two aggravated voices at the door. Reflexively, he activated his power and gathered up the rest of his clothes. He listened in keenly as the door to the apartment was flung open and the couple who’d supposed to be gone for at least another week came ambling in. Quickly and quietly, he made his way to the window in the bedroom he’d first come in through. From the disgruntled sounds the husband was making, he assumed a bad case of food poisoning was the reason for the early return. Man up, I gave myself food poisoning nine times in a month, he sassed mentally.

Straddling the ledge of the window K. Ree made sure all his clothes were bundled up tight before jumping two flights down into the alley below. Rolling out the shock, he bounced on his heels and began sprinting through the musty back streets. In the distance he could hear the wife angrily berating the husband for leaving the window open - food poisoning and a verbal beat down? That guy was not having a good day. Though, he honestly did not care. K. Ree continued to sprint through the maze of streets, his mental map of the area keeping him on course. He was only three streets away from his usual park when a sharp pain suddenly sprung up from the sole of his bare foot. “Fuck!” He yelped, tripping sideways into a pile of boxes. Fumbling into a sitting position, he looked down to find a nice sized pool of blood and a rather gross looking cut across the bottom of his foot. He looked across the ground and found the offending object - a smashed bottle a few feet in front of him. “Son of a bitch!” He hissed, grabbing his foot. With a hiss, he brought it up to examine. The main cut was long, but it wasn’t very deep. However, and most concerning, there was a second gash to the side that looked like there might be a pretty large chunk of glass still wedged inside.

I’m not getting anywhere on this thing, K. Ree mentally cursed again. He needed assistance and no one was going to come to the aid of a guy they don’t even know is there. With a sigh, he turned off his powers. Almost immediately his head spun to the side and he began to heave. He let out a groan and spat a few times as his stomach paused. He’d only run for about five minutes, so a few more heaves and he should be alright he assured himself just as another wave of bile rose up.

Though, even if someone did come, he really wasn't sure how to explain why he was bleeding, vomiting and half naked in a pile of boxes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BOX PILE || [K. Ree, Lisa]

Post by Lisa on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Things had been pretty relaxed for a Tuesday, especially considering she was in South, but Lisa couldn't find much to complain about, especially after the great news from last week. She hummed softly as she walked, on her way from one shelter to another.

She paused when she heard someone cursing and turned to look into the alley she was in front of. It was probably reckless of her to step into it, even just the few feet that she did, and Halt would certainly scold her if he knew what she was doing, but if someone needed help, of course she wasn't going to just continue walking.

"Hello?" she called softly, ready to run back to the street if she needed to. Her left thumb brushed over the only piece of jewelry she wore, her new engagement ring, for comfort. "Is anyone there? Do you need help?" As foolish as her actions seemed to some people, she did actually think before doing something and just genuinely wanted to help people.

She listened for a response.

body - Cadet Blue ~✚~ dialogue - Rosy Brown
Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 pm

The sound of a voice broke his attention away from his foot and he quickly threw his scarf around his shoulders. He mightn't be wearing a shirt, but he didn't want to be completely bare chested in front of a stranger. He opened his mouth to answer back, but instead let out another noisy round of bile. He tried his best to keep his loose hair out of the way but ended up just matting it with the blood on his hands. He spat angrily, wiped his lips on his scarf and tried again.

"Yeah," He called raspily, letting out a small cough to clear his throat, "Yeah, uh, you wouldn't happen to know any first aid, would you?"

He groaned again and spat some more, cradling his foot on his knee. With one hand he tried searching for the scrunchie for his hair, but it was no where to be seen. He cursed. Fuck I must've left it at that apartment. His hair fell across his face again, as if taunting him, and he tried his best to flick it to the side. It wasn't working out. With a sigh he resigned to his fate and waited for the person to approached. He didn't get his hopes up. In the state he was in he wouldn't be surprised at all if whoever it was turned heel and ran.
He just hoped to hell they didn't.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:12 pm

She couldn't help wincing at the sound of someone being sick. Medical professional or no, it wasn't really something that anyone wanted to hear, much less enjoyed listening to. Lisa cautiously walked closer to where the voice came from.

She stopped when she saw the blond and took in the blood. "I'm a doctor actually," she said calmly, answering his earlier question. "Has your head been struck?" she asked, moving over to his side, stepping carefully around the vomit. Before he could answer, she reached out to tilt his head down and carefully moved his hair around so she could see if he did have a head injury.

When she didn't find one, she grabbed one of the boxes that had been flattened and set it on the ground so that she'd have a clean area to set her things on, taking off her shoulder bag to set on said box. "Why on Earth are you running around without your shoes on?" she asked absently, pulling out the kit she carried with her. It wasn't like he didn't have shoes since she could see them just to the side with his other clothing.

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Upon hearing the word doctor he let out a deep, long groan of relief. Thank fuck, he thought to himself. He opened his mouth to reply to her question but was met with a rather cold touch to his face. He stiffened and held still, staring at her face as she looked him over with professional gentleness. As soon as she let go he released a breath - realising he'd been holding it.

"Why on Earth are you running around without your shoes on?"

His mouth filed with a little pool of bile and he quickly spat it to the side. That was probably the last of it. God bless that's done with.  He was glad that he didn't have to put this woman through more bodily fluids than what was already present on the dirty ground. He fumbled for his back pocket and pulled out a tiny can of air freshner - spraying it methodically around the two of them. Much better. He chucked the blood smeared can into his clothes pile and peered over at her through his hair with a wary look. She was a doctor, right? He could trust her to do this right? Well, anything was better than nothing.
"I was in a rush," He told her bluntly. If she knew he'd been breaking and entering, there'd be more to deal with than just a glass filled wound.
"I didn't have time to put my clothes on."

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:44 pm

She frowned a little at how he was apparently still throwing up before getting distracted by what he said. Jumping to what seemed to be the logical conclusion, even though it was wrong, Lisa gave him a concerned look. "When was the last time you were tested? I can take you to do that after we get your foot taken care of," she said. Yes, she did just imply that he was a male prostitute - and considering the number of them she treated and that her fiancé's best friend used to be one, it wasn't that large of a leap of logic for her.

Going to one knee next to her bag, she pulled a small towel out and folded it over her thigh so she could prop his foot up there. She then pulled out a pair of tweezers. "This is going to sting some," she warned, glancing up at him. "By the way, why are you throwing up? Are you ill?" She should check him out anyway, just to be safe, and prescribe anything needed.

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:52 am

He felt his jaw drop as he scowled over at this woman. "Tested?" He repeated indignantly. He wasn't a prostitute! He was no where near a prostitute! There was no way he'd ever caught anything ever, he was an (almost) 30 year old virgin! He furrowed his brow and hid further behind his scarf and hair.
"I don't need to be tested," he spat. He didn't mean to be short with her, she was helping, but his current situation wasn't exactly a breeding ground for good moods. He watched her carefully as she produced a set of tweezers. Who cares if it was going to hurt? Just get the thing out already, He grumbled to himself.

"I'm not sick," He told her warily, "It's a restitution."
Now he was sure she was going to be suspicious. He hoped she didn't ask what he was using his powers for - she didn't seem dumb enough to put her nose where it didn't belong. A sudden shiver crawled up his spine and he huffed angrily. It was cold in the shadow of the buildings.
"Uh, do you have anything I can wipe my hands on?" He asked, "I just washed my clothes and I don't want to get blood stains on them so soon."

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Lisa blinked a few times then blushed softly. "I'm sorry. It's just that, well, normally when I encounter someone who is half naked, or more in an alley is because they were either... working, having sex with someone they shouldn't have and running from the significant other, or they've been raped." She shrugged a little, nodding at his explanation for his vomiting.

Blinking again, Lisa looked at him then his clothes. More specifically, the bloody can he had thrown on them. "I do, yes, but... Well..." She nodded at the can even as she was reaching into her bag for some alcohol wipes. Pulling out the pack, she removed a couple and offered them to him. "I know where there is a Laundromat that will allow anyone to use their machines. If you can't afford to pay, then they'll just ask that you work an afternoon or run an errand off of a list they have set aside for instances like that." After all, it wasn't like Lisa was the only person in the city who tried to help others.

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:11 pm

K. Ree took the wipes quickly and began rubbing his hand thoroughly. The worst of the blood came off quickly, and whatever remained would crust quickly and not bother anyone. They didn't need to be perfect.  He grabbed his clothes and sorted through them, ignoring his belt and shoes and picking out his not-as-grubby-as-usual white singlet.
"I don't like Laundromats," He responded sourly to her suggestion, "You're there for two minutes waiting for your load to finish and suddenly you're surrounded."
He was banned from at least three laundromats he knew of for making a mess of their stores.

He put his arms through the holes and tried tugging the shirt over his head - but with the bulky scarf still on it was a problem. Arms still tangled, K. Ree tried his best to push the scarf through the head hole too, but it was taking longer than first expected and he especially did not want to take the ratty green item off in front of her.
"Can you pull this out?" He asked her with a sigh, nodding at the scarf.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Watching him struggle with his clothes, Lisa couldn't help but smile softly. She was reminded of her three year old nephew who had taken to insisting on dressing himself and tended to get himself stuck, his clothes all twisted around.

Lisa wiped the bit of blood on her hands off on another wipe and shifted his foot aside so that she could reach up to help him without getting blood on her own shirt. Fussing with it the scarf a little, she adjusted it so that it was out of the way then reached into her bag again and pulled out a rubber band. "I know it isn't the greatest, but it should help keep your hair back," she said, offering it to him.

Turning back to his foot, she picked up the tweezers again (after wiping her hands once more to make sure they were clean) and started to pull the glass free as gently as she could, apologizing softly when his foot twitched. "I'm almost done then I can clean and bandage this for you and give you some painkillers."

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:41 am

He thanked her softly as she helped him move the scarf. Once out of the way, he pulled the shirt down and over himself. A small sigh of relief left his lips as he took the offered band from her fingers and pulled it over his wrist. He thanked her once more and leaned forward as best he could, raking his large hands through his hair and pulling it up. He didnt want it to get too tangled in his hair, he'd been subject to one or more rubber band hair disasters in his life, so he left it in a loose top knot instead of the usual tight pulled pony tail.

Almost immediately after finishing his hair he felt a sharp pain in his foot. Hissing, he flicked his attention downwards and shoved the corner of his fist into his mouth.
Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow that fucking HURTS OH MY GOD, he screamed inwardly, thick brows knotting in his pain. He watched as she carefully pulled the glass out. The shard was a lot bigger than he thought it was, it was no wonder it hurt like a bitch. Slowly he removed his hand from his mouth. "Please tell me it's over," he croaked monotonically.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:10 am

Lisa glanced up, eyes sympathetic, then looked down again once more. "Almost," she answered, digging out another larger piece, though this one was smaller than the first. "There might be some more shards that I can't see due to the blood. Let me wash it away and look. This is going to hurt some more," she warned, shifting the tweezers into her other hand so she could reach for more of the alcohol wipes. They'd sting like nobody's business, yes, but they'd do what she wanted them to with the added bonus of disinfecting the wounds as well.

Two more small shards were removed then Lisa was setting the tweezers down for the last time. "That's all the glass," she said, keeping him informed of what she was doing even though he was watching her. She carefully taped some gauze pads over the cuts then picked up a roll to wrap his foot with to hold the pads in place and stop anything from slipping in anyway.

When she had the bandaging done, she cleaned her hands then plucked his shoes and socks up, carefully working one sock then the correct shoe and tying it for him. "There. Now put on your other shoe so you don't cut up that foot too," she said, turning to clean up everything and stuff the bloody towels into one bag while the tweezers went into another. The various things that could just be thrown away were put into a third bag and tossed into a nearby trashcan.

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:45 pm

He could feel the glass actually exiting his foot. It was a surreal feeling, and combined with the stinging pain it was starting to make him nauseous. K. Ree grit his teeth and hissed, gripping onto his scarf as the alcohol wipes made contact with the wound. Now he really felt like throwing up again. Groaning, he bit his lip and let his head fall back against the wall. He heard the sound of tape and something soft against his foot - a welcomed relief from the ongoing pain.

Leaning forward, he looked down and watched her finish with the clean up, his foot now bandaged and pristine, before she put one of his boots on for him.
"There. Now put on your other shoe so you don't cut up that foot too,"
Obediently, he leaned down and shimmied on the second boot and quickly tied it up. Experimentally, he put his sore foot down and applied a little pressure. It hurt like a bitch.
Looking up, K. Ree studied the woman quietly before opening his mouth.
"Thanks,"
He'd meant to sound sincere, she'd gone out of her way to help him, but as usual it came out sounding dry and bored. Clicking his tongue he leaned forward and looked up at her.
"No, I mean, like, uh.... really, thanks, I can pay you back if you want..."
K. Ree tried to stand, keeping minimum pressure on his wounded foot and using the wall to push himself out of the unstable boxes.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Blinking in surprise, Lisa smiled and shook her head. "Thank you, but there's no need to pay me. This isn't any different from my normal volunteer work." Except that it had occurred in a pile of boxes in an alley, that was a bit on the odd side.

She stood when she had finished packing things away, watching how he stood and reaching out to help steady him. "I would suggest using a pair of crutches for a week so that your foot can heal without pressure being put on it and having the wound rubbed open again. The clinic on Holland Avenue should have crutches you can purchase for a few credits. Barring that, a cane would work; you'd just have to be more careful with that. I'm going to write you a prescription for some antibiotics so you can avoid an infection. You'll have to take them twice a day with food until the bottle is empty. Change your bandages at the same time or if they get wet." She pulled out a prescription sheet to write on as she spoke. "The pills should last you about a month. If nothing happens, then you'll be fine. However, if the wound starts to weep or won't stop bleeding, you're going to want to get it looked at again. If you decide that you want me to look at it, I'm volunteering in South on Tuesdays, East on Thursdays, and North and West on Sundays. If it's an emergency, you can go to just about any clinic or shelter and they'll be able to call me for you." The small blonde smiled and offered the prescription.

Last edited by Lisa on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papabu on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:48 pm

K. Ree blinked slowly at the sudden flow of information that came pouring out the woman's mouth. When the deluge stopped and she held out a sheet of paper he gingerly took it, keeping eye contact like a trapped cat. "Uh... um.... ok, sure, I, uh, can..... do that stuff.........." His shoulders raised a little and his eyebrows knotted. "But, um, do you know any shelters that are like..... really isolated? Like, no one goes there to much?" He folded the prescription and tucked it into his pants pocket. "I dont care where it is."

Reaching into his other pocket he pulled out his cigarette packet and picked on out. He put the butt into the corner of his mouth and pulled out a lighter. Bringing it up, he paused and let the flame go out. "Do you mind if I....?" He trailed off, raising his eyebrow at the cigarette. She was a Doctor, so he wasn't sure what her stance was to smoking or second hand smoke. He didn't know anything about her own health - she could be pregnant for all he knew and he didn't wanna be a dick about this.

papabu
D rank
D rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:41 pm

She pursed her lips a little as she thought, tilting her head as she studied K. Ree. He pulled out the cigarettes before she could respond and she gave them an askance look before mustering a smile at his question. "Normally I'd tell you that those are unhealthy and that you should think about quitting but otherwise just ask you to try and keep the smoke from wafting toward me. However, I would really prefer and appreciate it if you didn't smoke around me," she answered with a small smile, her hands absently shifting to rest on her lower belly.

Lisa gave him a brighter smile then turned a little to gesture toward the street. "As to shelters, there's one nearly twenty blocks in that direction that does see a little less of people in need of help - they're in need of some repairs and volunteers to do them - so you could go there if you'd like somewhere to rest and clean up. If you're just going to request crutches, I really do recommend the one on Holland." She faced him again. "If you'd like, I can walk with you to either of them." She was actually on her way to the first one she had mentioned just now.

Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down