THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Flara] Don't Play with Guns and Fire [Kota]

2 posters

Go down

[Flara] Don't Play with Guns and Fire [Kota] Empty [Flara] Don't Play with Guns and Fire [Kota]

Post by Kota Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:08 am

He really hated coming back to this sorry-excuse of a home (even though it was one of the more decent looking buildings in the South), but he'd run out of clean clothes at the salon. Instead of having to sneak in and dig for garments every so often, it would've been worlds easier, and safer, to just move everything. Ah, but then the old lady would know, know that he was rarely home nowadays, assuming she didn't already suspect. Whether she did or not, it would still be bad if she caught him now. Kota chilled slightly at the thought of the knife she'd use the last time he messed up. That was at least two and a half months ago, and the scar was still there across his chest. He didn't know what the she was thinking cutting him open like that. The fact that the hag added yet another un-healing injuring to his skin made his stomach churn with hatred. After that incident, he'd seriously considered referring to the hag as 'Jack the Ripper.'

Regardless, she now had over two months of stress pent up. Only Satan knew what she would do to him this time.

Suddenly the front door slammed shut downstairs. Alarms were going off in his head. Shit, why the hell is she back so early?! He jerked his head to the clock hanging above him to confirm that it was, in fact, only 9:00 AM. Her day off just had to be today.

Cramming a last t-shirt into his backpack, Kota scrambled to the open window. Thank god he didn't close it. The footsteps were halfway up the staircase by the time he leapt into the tree across his room. He tucked himself so that his back pressed the trunk on the side opposite the house, his small stature disappearing from the window view.

On the street below was a brunette staring right. at. him. Goddamn, this was just not his day.

He could hear the feet padding on him floor as he silently gestured to the girl to keep her trap shut, his hand making slicing motions across his throat to emphasize how dire the situation was. It was literally life and death here.

"What're you looking at girl?" His face paled even more at the sound of her voice, if that was even possible for someone as white as him. Green eyes held the brunette's amber ones, imaginary fingers crossed that she had gotten the message. Even if she hated Harbingers, the shadows hid the subtle silver flecks in his eyes.

Last edited by Kota on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : because this edit message is a butt)
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

[Flara] Don't Play with Guns and Fire [Kota] Empty Re: [Flara] Don't Play with Guns and Fire [Kota]

Post by Flara Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:39 pm

It was just a normal day; poor people all over the South District streets as usual and no bounties to complete. Flara found it rather pleasant that she didn’t have to snoop around today after the load of bounties she’d taken on recently. She had enough money (for now) so it was high time to take a break.

Flara eventually came across a home that looked quite nice despite being in the South District. It was obviously two stories or three, maybe. Flara’s home was a freaking puny apartment room that was probably a quarter of that house’s first floor. The brunette couldn’t help but glare at the building; it seemed to look down on her so much that she had half a mind to punch it. Which she didn’t, because something else caught her eye: a boy. On the tree next to one of the house’s windows.

Flara stared at the blonde male with a mixture of disapproval and confusion in her eyes. Because like, it’s not every day you see a guy standing on a tree with a window suspiciously hanging open right next to him. The female opened her mouth to say something but stopped to watch the boy continuously give her the cut-throat motion.

"What're you looking at girl?"

Rude bitch. Well, that was good enough of a reason not to rat out the blondie.

“Ah, you see, I was chasing a burglar and I could have sworn I saw him go into your house,” Flara replied without delay. The lady gave the brunette a look that would make babies cry, glaring at her like she was crazy. Then she slammed the window shut. Flara’s eye twitched in annoyance before she turned back at the boy on the tree, giving him an expectant look.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

[Flara] Don't Play with Guns and Fire [Kota] Empty Re: [Flara] Don't Play with Guns and Fire [Kota]

Post by Kota Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:18 am

Kota let out a breath of relief upon hearing the window slam behind him. He waited a couple more minutes before glancing around the trunk. The hag was gone, probably to take a nap in her room. He scaled down the tree with ease and landed softly.

"Thanks," he said to girl. She could had snitched on him right then and there, like many people have done before, but she didn't. He was grateful but that wasn't an emotion he was good at expressing. Hence, the short, one word of gratitude.

Out of habit, his gaze raked over her whole figure, taking in the details. Her eyes were nothing out of the ordinary, so not a Harbinger, and her hair was well enough kept. Although, that pony-tail should be tied a little neater. Next was her clothes. Dusty blue shirt with an intricate, tattoo-style dragon printed across the front. It'd definitely look nicer if it was embroidered... but those luxuries were hard to come by in the South anyway. He continued downward, noting her lean figure, an acrobat? Average leggings covered three-fourths of her leg to mid-calf.

It wasn't until he saw her shoes that his eye started to twitch. Her shoes were, worn. Like, not even slightly broken in kind of worn. It was like the sort of worn from wearing it all day everyday forever. HOBO SHOES.

"Your shoes," he began, trembling finger slowly lifting to point at the horrendous pieces of shit. "What the fuck is with those shoes?!" His finger snapped up and pointedly pointed at the black flats, face twisted in comical annoyance that was normally seen in cartoons. Well, with a face like his, something like that was no feat.

Last edited by Kota on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:13 pm

After a few minutes, the boy finally came down from the tree. Now that he was on lower ground, Flara got a better look at him. The boy’s eyes were a bright green and had fleck of silver, meaning that he was definitely a harbinger. Although it didn’t really matter to her (contrary to popular belief). Peeking beneath the boy’s pale blonde hair was a black cross hanging from his left ear. What really struck Flara was the guy’s face. His motherfucking face. It. Screamed. “SHOTA”.

"Thanks."

The boy snapped Flara out of her thoughts with his single word of gratitude. The brunette, to be honest, was rather surprised. To her, the male seemed like a well-to-do kid; the kind of person who was spoiled and expected everyone to obey him. That just went to show that looks could be deceiving,

“You’re welcome,” Flara answered simply with a hint of softness in her voice that usually wasn’t there. A small smile crept onto her face for but a second and it was followed by a moment of silence.

Suddenly, Flara saw the boy’s eye twitch for no reason.

"Your shoes.”

The female blinked once in confusion. “Huh?”

“What the fuck is with those shoes?!"

“Well!” the brunette snapped. “What the fuck is with you?! There is nothing wrong with my shoes!”

Flara glanced down at the black leather on her feet. So what if they were a little worn… Okay, very worn. That was to be expected since she’d been wearing them practically every day for six months straight (thinking about this reminded Flara that the shoes were getting small and that she’d have to get new ones soon). But come on. She couldn’t help the fact that footwear was so expensive! Besides, it’s not like her shoes had any holes in them. Hell, at least she was actually wearing shoes! In the South District, there were a million people who walked around barefoot because they couldn’t afford shoes. Flara had never gotten there, and she hoped that she never would.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:08 am

"There is everything wrong with your shoes!" he shouted back. As the brunette glanced back down at her footwear, Kota continued. "It's worn as fuck, woman. Haven’t you ever thought of buying a new pair every six weeks or so? It looks like you've had those everyday for the past six months!

In the midst of his anger, that slight British accent of his slipped out. He didn't even know why he had that weird accent but it annoyed him to no end. It's like he slurred words like an idiot. Okay, not slurred but it sounded wrong. Like it didn't belong here in the Substratum, much less the rundown dump of a district. Slapping a hand over his mouth, Kota took a couple seconds to breathe and rein in his temper. Why was he getting so worked up this early anyway? Maybe because he woke up at seven thirty AM this morning to catch the metro when his normal rising hour was near noon. And the adrenaline from his earlier encounter with his not-mother was still kind of pumping. Man, he ran on adrenaline a lot.

Blowing out a breath he glanced back up at the brunette. She had a pretty face, at least. "Come with me. I'll get you some nice shoes in the North. Call it payback for saving my ass just now." He reached to snag her hand.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 am

"Six weeks?!" Flara repeated incredulously. "I don't have the money for that! I'm not rich! And as a matter of fact, I have had these shoes for six months. Also, don't call me 'woman'! My name is Flara!"

The blondie sighed and spoke again. "Come with me. I'll get you some nice shoes..."

Flara was fine with that. She herself did not like to be indebted to people, much less a complete stranger.

"...in the North. Call it payback for saving my ass just now."

The word "north" killed it. The brunette hated the North District to no extent and avoided going there at all costs. However, she still went there once a year to visit her parents' grave. Yes, her mother and father were inconveniently buried at a cemetery in the North District. Flara had yet to go there this year and that was the only thing that kept her from protesting the boy's command. She figured that she could just drop by the cemetery afterwards to get it over with.

The boy grabbed Flara's hand and she followed him to the direction of the metro. After a few minutes of walking, the brunette saw a commotion up ahead, blocking the path to their destination.

Last edited by Flara on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 am

And so she admitted to having the pair for such a long god fucking time. It wasn't even funny. What was funny, on the other hand, was her name. What kind of parent named their daughter 'Flara'? Not that it didn't match with the personality she's shown so far though. Now, if only she have red hair and some fire-attributed mutation.

At a point on the way to the metro, a small crowd was formed in a circle, as if surrounding something or someone. Kota slowed his step, approaching the commotion while cautiously avoiding contact with people. It kind of hard to do so with so many bodies rushing, some yelling others cheering but it was clear they were stirred. It was a common occurrence in the South, probably some bastard got drunk and picked a fight with the wrong person at the wrong time. Wrong person usually translated to a Guild member, they seemed to like waving around their so-called authority like some sort of badge. In reality they were just cocky shitheads who weren't even higher than the rank of Prospect.

Muttering unintelligibly under his breath, Kota redirected his destination route to go around the crowds. Sure it would take longer but at least it's safer. He'd rather not get involved with anyone in the gangs. Plus, that hag would murder him if he was caught in anything illegal. He pick-pocketed here and there but he never got caught and he didn't do it too often. His sources of money kept him pretty afloat.

"So, let's take the long way. I don't want to get caught up with that mess. Gang members are asshats to deal with anyway."
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 am

“Yeah, sure.”

After that last scene with Shade and a mob of random thugs, Flara wasn’t all that fond of gang members. Of course, she knew that it was Guild that the boy was talking about and not just a group of people on the streets, which was all the more reason to not get involved. The size of Guild made that street gang from the other day dull in comparison. That wasn’t even an exaggeration.

Out of nowhere, a meaty blonde man rammed into the brunette. The man stumbled back a few steps as Flara gave him a rather menacing glare. After quickly recovering from the impact, he returned the dirty look. “Hey,” the man growled, “I think you might have given me a bruise, bitch. How are you gonna make it up to me?”

“I won’t,”
Flara replied in a cold voice, just a few seconds away from beating the shit out of this idiotic male.

Flara’s words were completely ignored. The man looked Flara up and down and said in a perverted voice, “Actually, you don’t look half bad. I’m sure you could pay up with your body. Wait, even better, you can just hand over that boy. I’m sure he’d be useful.”

“No.” The brunette stepped in front of the boy, a protective gesture, and proceeded to grab the jacket collar of the buff male. She lifted him off the ground and sent a kick at his stomach as soon as she released her grip. The man flew through the air about five yards back, his head smacking right into another person. Okay, that was not part of the plan.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:46 am

The brunette's hand was ripped from his grasp when the thug head butted her. Then he started threatening her like a typical thug. Kota glanced over, annoyed. He really did not want any trouble. Though he didn't seem to carrying a gun, he noticed, which means this guy was probably not in Guild. Just another meathead picking trouble in the streets.

"Fuck the guy, let's go." He turned to leave just as the thug spoke again. From the first words of the sentence, he could sense the request that was coming.

"Wait, even better, you can just hand over that boy. I’m sure he’d be useful.” And there we go. Like any other bastard on the street. They see him and assume he's that cute, defenseless little kid that will fulfill their sick sexual fantasies. He couldn't help the shudder that ran down his spine both from anger and being utterly creeped out. No matter how many times this happened to him, he couldn't get used to the fact that he was the object of wild imaginations and pedophilism.

The blonde was about to reach into his pocket for his switchblade until Flara kicked the guy square in the gut and sent him flying right into a another man. This one had a gun. Kota's head snapped up as he instinctively grasped the blue material of the brunette's shirt and made a run for it. "Fuck, now you've done it." Risking a glance over his shoulder, he would see the Guild member implant a bullet in the fallen lunkhead's throat. Instant K.O.

Then he lifted his gaze and pointed at the fleeing pair right before he started after them. God damn he was fast. Kota hoped he could outrun him or find somewhere to hide out for a while.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 am

The person that Flara had accidentally hit was a guy with a gun. A gun. He had a motherfucking gun. That was not a good sign.

The brunette felt something grip her shirt and found it was being tugged by the boy, who began sprinting the opposite direction of which Flara had been facing. She turned around and followed him, but not fast enough to avoid seeing a bullet go through that blonde man’s throat.

"Fuck, now you've done it."

If Flara hadn’t just seen what she saw, she probably would have made a comeback to the remark that just came out of the boy’s mouth. But she hardly heard him at all. Flara didn't take deaths well due to what happened to her parents. Sure, she didn’t know the guy personally and still hated him for being such a dickhead but just seeing someone die was... A lot harder for her to take than it would be for most people.

However, the worst part was that it wasn't just the murderer's fault. I... Indirectly, I... I... I killed someone...

Regular Flara would have stood her ground and fought her pursuer. She'd have been more careful due to the gun but she wouldn't run. She wouldn't hide. She would take what was thrown at her, like the kind of person she was.

But she was hiding right now, at a spot the boy picked, because she was far from herself.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Ducking down into a small ditch behind a dumpster, the blonde pulled the other down with him. In all honesty, he did not know where their pursuer was at the moment. He had run for his life, not caring about where he was going. Okay maybe he cared enough to find a makeshift hiding place. Glancing over at the brunette, Kota instantly knew something was wrong.

From her earlier actions he expected her to be pouncing out and trying to take the gun, armed or not. But here she was, sitting quietly with a mortified look on her face. Did she have a fear of being shot or something? Being shot. Blood. Maybe it was because that thug got a bullet in the throat just a few minutes ago. There's no way he didn't die from that  and Kota thought he deserved it. Not like his life made a difference in this world. And plus, with Guild around people died left and right anyway. The police were no help, too slow to catch the gangbangers.

After a couple more minutes, he poked his head out of the hole, sure that the pursuer was gone if he had not found them by now. Big mistake.

"There you are kid. I was getting tired of waiting for you."
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 am

“And I suppose that the girl is there too.” The man raised his gun and fired at the spot right next to the blonde. Flara jumped out of the ditch just in time to avoid the bullet. Her reflexes were still there but it was obvious to anyone who had just seen the event from earlier that her person was not.

Instead of the horrified expression that the boy had seen Flara wearing just a second ago, she now had a completely blank face. Not blank as in a poker face that was just to hide emotions but blank as in absolute nothingness. Her amber eyes had no glint in them, something that was usually there when the brunette was either angry or fighting. They were hollow as if she wasn’t even conscious.

“What’s wrong, girl? Aren’t you going to draw your weapon? Are you afraid of guns?”

If Flara were in her right mind, she’d have pulled out her weapons, charged at the guy for a remark like that, and most likely bring her pipes down on his head. She did none of that. Not moving a muscle, Flara stood there as if she hadn’t heard a word.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” The man began to rapidly shoot bullets at the brunette, thinking it would get her to draw her weapon. He thought wrong, however. Flara dodged every single one of the bullets but didn’t even so much as show any signs of thinking about drawing her pipes. She jumped up to avoid a bullet aimed at her right ankle, then landed back on the ground gracefully, expression unchanging.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Fuckfuckfuck, was the only thing running through Kota’s head as the bullets came dangerously close to his head. Flara swiftly leapt out and he scrambled to follow. The black haired guy was sitting casually on the dumpster, the gun lazily in his hands. Kota glanced at Flara, relieved to see she could move like normal again. But then he saw her hollow eyes that lacked the spark he expected to be see. The girl continuously dodged every bullet the Guild guy shot-- with ease and grace he noticed-- but she did not move otherwise; there was zero attempt at retaliation. What the hell was she thinking? If she won't fight she might as well run. Kota grit his teeth and tried to stay out of their way. He was no fighter and the only thing keeping him from running was the fact that he owed the brunette for saving his life earlier. Just as long as the pursuer continued to ignore his presence.

---

Ryam wasn't sure why the brunette didn't strike back. With all the anger and power she showed with that fatass back there, he was willing to bet she could fight and fight good. But this right here was bullshit. All the girl did was flip away from the bullets as if it was a programmed reflex. It was like a circus act: stupid and an idiotic waste of time.

Clearly provoking her wasn't getting him anywhere near what he followed the pair for. He took a split second to flick his cerulean eyes to the general area of the blonde, surprised the kid hadn't run away. The kid was a Harbinger, no doubt about it. His eye color was more subtle than some he's seen. Not that Ryam was interested in some grade-schooler who couldn't fight. He shot four more bullets at his target. She spun emotionlessly out of the bullets' path. Not one of them hit her.

Shit, there's no way this girl's scared of guns if she can avoid them so easily. I'm not exactly getting serious myself but, at least one of the shots should've hit true. He wanted, almost needed, to see how good she was. It didn't matter if this one was a girl, he wasn't sexist, or that she was probably a minor. Ryam was only eighteen himself after all. Then what was this strange interest he was feeling?

He reloaded his firearm with another round, taking his sweet time and giving the girl an opportunity to draw her fucking weapon, whatever it was, and attack.

"Talk to me here," he began in his usual cold tone. "Tell me, what's it going to take for you to fight back? I didn't come here to dance around." Still no response so he went on lifting his gun and taking aim at her head. "Let's try something new then." He shifted the point of the gun and sent a bullet flying at the blonde he previously ignored.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm

A million thoughts of realization flew into Flara’s head all at once: The guy with the gun isn't firing at me. He's firing at someone else. The boy. The bullet is heading toward that boy. That boy isn’t moving. Oh my fucking god, he’s not moving. Why isn’t he moving?! The bullet was aimed at his head. If he doesn’t move he is going to get shot in the head. He’ll die!

…Die. Another person was going to die. Right in front of her. No, Flara wasn’t about to let that happen again. Not if she could help it.

Amber eyes flashing it’s usually spark, Flara grabbed the blondie and moved out of the way of the bullet’s path. The boy was unharmed but her left shoulder had been grazed and a bit of her hair had been singed. Flara let out a small sigh of relief, put the boy back down on the ground, and turned to give the gunman a glare that would have murdered him if looks could kill. Then she turned back to the blonde shortie and considered.

“This might hurt a bit,”
the brunette whispered as she lifted the boy− he was light as fuck− over her head. She took a step forward, eying the grassy area in the distance. And threw.

A split second later, she was swinging both of her pipes at the enemy, trying to knock the gun out of his hand.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:21 am

Of all things, the black-haired bastard just had to fire a mother fucking bullet straight for his head. Kota was frozen in place, his legs not able to move from the line of fire. Fuck he had to move, had to get away or this would it. And the worst part? The other guy didn't even care if he was hit or not. He could see it in those cerulean eyes that this Guild man didn't give two shits about killing someone.

In the next second, the blonde was lifted from the ground and moved away from certain death. "This might hurt a bit."

And before he would ask her what the hell that meant, Kota found himself being flung into the grass. His head instinctively tucked into the arms he held out before tumbling on the soft ground. Well what in the fuck was that for? He sat up and brushed the stray grass from his clothes and hair, wincing at the sharp pain in his arm. Damn, he might have sprained it. At least it wasn't broken. Lifting his gaze back to remaining pair, he saw that Flara was now armed and attacking in earnest. Well that's...good. He had half a mind not to get his ass out of there at that moment.

---

Well that was unexpected. The throwing at least. He did expect the girl to make a move to save the kid though; his hunches were always right. Ryam saw a flash ignite in the brunette's eyes, which probably meant her fighting spirit had returned. The bullet barely grazed her shoulder, nothing to be concerned about. He smirked lightly as the blonde hit the grass behind him -damn girl sure had some throw- and lifted his gun to block her first attack.

"Hah, so you finally decided to get serious! Who knew all it took was to target the kid." On his face was a smug look as he pushed her back, his larger stature giving him an advantage in strength. His arm still rang from the impact of her blow too. He tried to ignore it, bringing the firearm back up to shoot an impressive round of shots. Knowing she would move away, he followed the shots with her.

As long as she stayed away this would all work out in his favor. Those metal pipes had more reach than he would have liked. He'd have to be careful not to get disarmed since he doubted that pocket knife would do him much good.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Flara responded to the guy’s comment by swinging her pipes at him again. She wasn’t interested in talking. She wanted to beat the shit out of him. Both attacks were dodged and she had no choice but to put some distance between them when he began to rapidly fire bullets.

Shit, if I can’t get close to him, I won’t be able to disarm him, Flara thought as she dodged bullets one after another. I’m sure he has another weapon but the gun is my main problem. I don’t think he has another gun, either. The reason he’s keeping me at a distance is because he doesn’t want me to get the one in his hand. He was at ease until I tried to get the gun, so his other weapon probably isn't as useful. All the more reason why she needed to get rid of the fucking gun.

The guy probably thought that Flara would stay away if he kept shooting. She could charge at him but even if she dodged the bullets on the way there, they would get harder and harder to dodge as she got closer to him. And most likely, I’d get myself shot at point blank.

Maybe if the brunette could just jump over him, it might get him off guard. And then she could try that trick… It was worth a shot.

Flara darted at the enemy, pipes gripped as if she was going to attack trying to avoid as many of the bullets shot at her as she possibly could. As she suspected, the closer she got, the harder it was to dodge. She was grazed on the ankle, knee, waist, and cheek. But she didn’t stop moving.

One, two, jump! Flara leapt right over her opponent and landed a short distance away from him so it wouldn’t be too easy to shoot her. The pain came in an instant. She'd gotten herself shot in the lower part of her arm, just above the wrist. No, this wasn't enough to stop her. Flara took a deep breath, remembering how many times her mother had tried to teach her this move. She had to get it right. She had to.

The brunette imagined that her pipe was a baton and with a flick of her right wrist, she let it go flying. The quickly rotating projectile flew right past the guy's left.

This has to work…

The pipe came back on his right, like a boomerang would. It was hard to tell where it would hit...

Last edited by Flara on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Ryam took a step back as the brunette charged at him, stupid move he might add. A few bullets managed to graze her but did little to slow her down. Could this all me a trap? Was she hiding a secret weapon? Maybe waiting for an opening to unleash a hidden Harbing? Nah, that last one couldn't possibly be it. Her eyes were as normal as normal could get. He was ninety nine percent sure this girl was a normal human, just with the gracefulness of a dancer and the strength of an elephant.

In a blink of an eye, the brunette had landed in his blind spot before he could turn. Whipping around to take aim, he saw she was one pipe short. Where the he--

He got his answer when a fucking hard pipe cracked against the back of his head. He stumbled forward, vision blotching and grip loosening on his firearm. This was bad, he was completely open right now. He couldn't pick up his gun, and even if he could, Ryam had no coordination to fire a proper shot.

---

From where he was sitting, Kota could see that Guild guy falter. Well who wouldn't if a metal pipe clocked them in the back of the head. She might be able to win this one yet.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Flara usually preferred to rely on skills rather than luck but in no way was she complaining that her pipe had struck the Guild member in the head. The brunette reached out her left hand and snatched the falling pipe. She saw the man’s hand loosen its grip on the gun. For half a second, Flara considered going for the gun. Deciding against it, she struck the same part on the guy’s head that had been hit the first time. He had already faltered from the first blow, but Flara wasn’t sure if he could still fire his gun or not. Hopefully the second hit would be enough to prevent him from doing so.

Eyeing the gun, Flara brought her two hands together. As she swung both pipes down on the gun, thoughts crept into her mind. How many people had been killed by a bullet from this gun? Did they all meet the same cruel death as that perverted thug? A single bullet through the throat, ending their life in an instant. No, this guy was probably a sadistic bastard. Maybe he shot his victims’ limbs one at a time, avoiding all the vital parts so he could enjoy the satisfaction of torturing them. Then, when he grew bored or perhaps had already shot all of the non-vital parts, the bullet through the throat would finally come.

This could all just be from Flara’s fear of seeing people die. But then again, the Guild guy did kill a person without blinking an eye. That itself made him a sick bastard already. Yeah, he probably did enjoy torturing people.

When the pipes hit the gun, Flara braced herself for the sound of the impact. It didn’t come, however. In its place was the sound of an explosion.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 pm

What kind of sadistic mother fucker hits someone's cranium with pipes of steel twice in less than thirty seconds? Oh psh, this bitch. And he was the S here, huh?

The man fell to his knees, finger loosening on the trigger, conscience on the verge of blacking out. If he thought the world was spinning earlier that was nothing. He should start wearing a goddamn helmet because fuck if he ever thought a long range fighter could hit his weakest area while still being long range. It was decidedly a risky move but quite effective when it succeeded, apparently. Swearing under his breathe, the fighter found enough coordination to pull the trigger and gambled on the random shot hitting his opponent somewhere.

Turns out that was the worst possible idea. The steel pipes came down hard on the firearm right as the shot was being fired. Fuck them both. The explosion hit the pair point blank and the force knocked them backwards. Ryam, shielding his face, could feel his skin boil from the heat of the blast, surely it would leave blisters.

"Stupid bitch..."

---

Holy shit an explosion.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Shit. What kind if retarded bastard tries to fire a fucking gun that’s right about to be destroyed? This guy was probably the most idiotic opponent she had ever fought.

As soon as the brunette realized what was happening, she put her hands in a defensive position in front of her face and tried to jump back. Too late, apparently, because the explosion hit her hard. The force blew her back at least twenty feet from where she had previously been standing.

Fuck, this felt twenty times worse than getting raked by six-inch-long claws. Flara could barely sit up on her knees. She reached for her two pipes that had fallen next to her. With all the strength she could muster, the brunette stabbed her pipes into the ground in front of her to use them as support. Gasping for air, she tried to makes sense of the damage she’d taken.

Every inch of skin that had been exposed during the explosion was a reddish-pink color and had blisters all over. This included the lower parts of both her arms and legs. Flara’s face was the only part that didn’t hurt hell. After all, she shielded it with her hands and her now-charred bangs covered at least half of it to begin with.

The rest of Flara’s skin had been protected by her clothes. Not that those were doing too well either. When she looked down at what was supposed to be a blue shirt with a dragon pattern, she saw a burnt black rag. Her leggings were in the same condition. And shit; now she really did need some new shoes.

Flara looked for her enemy, but she couldn’t see through the smoke from the explosion. She wondered if that guy was still alive. He had been closer to the center of the explosion than her. Since he was the one holding the gun, maybe he’d had his hand blown off or something. If the guy was alive, was he even still conscious? Flara herself was fighting just to keep her eyes opened. Still, she called out, “Hey, you bastard! Didn’t your parents ever teach you not to play with guns and fire?”
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 pm

There was no point in living without a little excitement that normally consisted of one or more explosions that spontaneously blow up at inconvenient intervals because hey, when you've lived the brunt of your live as an orphan in a gang you don't usually have adults lecturing you for this kind of thing. In fact, most of the people he worked with encouraged the use of firearms and explosives. So this little girl's accusation had very little affect on him.

Ryam sat up with a struggle, accessing the burn damage. Some weren't that bad but some would require actual treatment and soon. His clothing was a goner as well, not this he wore high fashions of any sort. Everything hurt like fuck but he was probably more conscious now than earlier, although his ears had that annoying ringing noise from the sheer boom of the explosion. No matter how many grenades he threw, he probably would never get used to that feeling.

He threw a twisted smirk at the girl's remark. "How about you join me in this game then? I've been thinking your skills would fit right in to Guild." Never hurt to recruit good fighters with potential.

---

Kota couldn't very well make out their words from his distance and he hardly had the urge to approach for fear of another explosion he would very much like to steer clear of. He just watched, viridians flicking from Flara to the dark-skinned Guild member. Both were injured and their clothes, ohmygodtheirclothes, were mere rags. So much for a simple shoe store visit. It seems a whole outfit was needed at this point.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:19 pm

The smoke cleared as a reply came. “How about you join me in this game then? I've been thinking your skills would fit right in to Guild.”

Flara was disappointed to see the Guild member. It wasn’t like she was hoping he died or anything, but she wanted him to be unconscious. Because that would have meant that it was her victory. However, in this situation, the two fighters were both conscious and neither were in any condition to fight. What did this mean? A draw. A fucking tie. And that meant that this fight wasn’t over yet.

Okay, so maybe Flara didn’t really want to have to fight a sadistic maniac with a gun. Ever. Again. Still, her pride as a fighter wouldn’t settle for a tie. To her, a tie is a loss on both sides. Does Flara settle for losses? Hell no.

The girl wanted to get the fuck up this very instant and finish the battle while there was guaranteed to be no gun involved. She couldn’t though, and she knew it.

Putting her frustration aside, Flara barely thought about the Guild asshole’s suggestion before rejecting it. “Fuck no. Why the hell would I want to become a bastard who indiscriminately shoots people in the throat? She glared at the man with cold eyes.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:19 pm

He scoffed. Someone had a mouth. "Don't worry, newbies don't get firearms, girlie." He dusted off his partially shredded shirt. Now came the hard part: persuading her.

Icy blues met her near-red auburns. "No need to look all scary, miss. Neither of us are in any condition to fight right now." He rubbed his jaw. "You...I can tell you like to fight. Hell, there's no point in not liking it if you have to fight every day." A pause. "We aren't all bad, you know. A lot of our work is cleaning the streets because the police, if you've noticed, don't give two shits about us. Take the man I shot, for instance. He's a recent rapist that's been prowling the streets at night and fucking his victims senseless. First time he's been out during the day, though; must've been high." Resting his chin in the palm of his hand, surveying the ruined terrain. His eyes settled on the child she brought. In no way did the two look related.

---

Why the fuck is he looking a me????? With all the things that had been going on, the blonde hadn't noticed how dark it was until now. Wait no. It wasn't that late. Gray clouds had rolled in, heavy with dirty rain water THAT THEY WERE ABOUT TO UNLEASH. HOLY SHIT.

---

Ryam blinked when a cold droplet fell on his eyelash. Great the rain would put out any possible fires that explosion left. He stood, taking a pen and scrap of paper from his pocket to scribble his cell number before handing it to the brunette. "I gotta jet. Give me a call when you've decided. Don't make me wait too long, hey? He gestured to the kid. "Don't forget to take your package home." Hands in pockets, the dark-skinned man walked away, not bothering to pick up his ruined firearm.

He'd be expecting her call soon. Otherwise it would truly be a loss for Guild.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Bullshit. The Guild bastard had clearly shot a motherfucking bullet at the blonde boy earlier. Even if the guy did kill a rapist like he claimed (although for all Flara knew, that could be a lie), there was absolutely no way that the boy with her would be on a hit list. That bullet was most likely shot just to provoke Flara, but it still could have killed the kid if she hadn’t moved him out of the way in time.

On the other hand, the brunette did like to fight. Mr. Guild Asshole was right about that. And if his little talk about the thug being a rapist was true, then she would be catching criminals. Wait, not catching. More like killing. Would she be able to do that? One random guy was killed right in front of her and she got in a fucking trance  even though she wasn’t even the one who shot his throat. If she acted like that when seeing someone get killed, how much worse off would she be if she played the role of the murderer?

As droplets of rain began to fall, Flara was handed a scrap of paper and before she knew it, the guy from Guild left. “Bastard,” she muttered. The girl stood up, yanked her pipe out of the ground, and turned to the kid, who was still at the area of grass that she had thrown him to. “Hey, kid! I’ll be putting off that shopping trip in the north to another day. See ya.” With that, she took her leave.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:20 pm

When it was clear there wouldn't be anymore shooting or dangerous swinging of metal pipes, Kota felt it was safe enough to approach the pair. Slowly. Slow as it was, the blonde was able to catch snippets of their conversation. He'd scoff at the lame excuse of an excuse to join a gang but he wanted to live to see another day. It was definitely bullshit that the Guild member was feeding her. Clean up the streets for the police? Bullfuckingshit. There was a reason the top three were called Mercenaries and it wasn't because they had a gold metal for chivalry.

Guild guy aside, it was fucking raining and it was bordering pouring and he still had to take the Metro back to the north. Shivering alone in a train while looking as adorable as he was in the late afternoon was a little unsettling. Pulling his hood over his head, he mumbled something about getting his ass raped.

“Hey, kid! I’ll be putting off that shopping trip in the north to another day. See ya.”

And she was gone in a blink of an eye. The blonde trudged towards the subway, wondering if there would even be another day with her. Especially if she took up the offer to join Guild. That was an issue Kota was not going to involve himself in if he could help it.

END.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down