THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic showing up on the Radar - Open

2 posters

Go down

Sonic showing up on the Radar - Open Empty Sonic showing up on the Radar - Open

Post by Sonic Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:45 am

(Open RP btw for all who see this XD)

Zach was currently just walking through the crowds of Radius, using his cane to help guide himself through despite his mutations allowing him to see where he was going just fine.

only problem was there was a lot of noise from the crowd and it threw him off of balance a little, so used his cane to both support him if he lost his footing and to encourage people to move out of his way.

Zach couldn't help but smile a little, being blind has its advantages.

He'd only just finished a small assassination, something to scare the bosses of a small gang, not one of the Big Merc gangs....He had more brains than a Jellyfish thank you very much. He knew very well that he wasn't in that sort of League yet. He was teaching himself everything he knew through trial an error. Those gangs got near professional training.

Zach pushed his blue Mohawk out of his eyes, despite their sightlessness, and wasn't paying a great deal of attention to where he was going as his mind wandered off onto what he'd be eating tonight and whether he should check on his funds or not, and where he'd be getting his next job.
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Sonic showing up on the Radar - Open Empty Re: Sonic showing up on the Radar - Open

Post by Shade Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 am

It was hard not to be grateful for the day's thick clouds, but the humidity from the looming rain made it difficult to enjoy the diminished light. Even with summer just barely starting to fade, it was extremely hot. Especially for someone like Shade who wore thick, dark clothing most days. At least with the clouds, she could wear something lighter than normal and not need to worry about being burned or suffering heat stroke (which hadn't actually happened yet, but had been a close thing a couple of times).

Today in particular, she had gotten fed up with her roommates telling her that this or that needed to be picked up so she had stolen their keys and kicked them both from the apartment, telling them to get the stuff themselves and not to be back before seven because that was when she'd be back.

So, here she was, wandering around aimlessly and debating where to stop to get something cool to drink. She wasn't paying much attention to where she was going either which led to her feet getting tangled up in someone's cane and tripping before she could right herself, taking down the person with her.

Just a note, Sonic doing assassinations during the day is going to draw more police attention than at night and is going to irritate the big gangs considering the three rules.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

Sonic showing up on the Radar - Open Empty Re: Sonic showing up on the Radar - Open

Post by Sonic Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Zach yelped as he was taken down, and quickly moved so he was the one to fall first and made sure the other wouldn't get too hurt.

He grunted softly as he was winded and just about avoided hitting his head as he landed.

taking a moment to catch his breath, he looked up at whoever was on top of him and arched an eyebrow.

"you okay?" he asked, voice low and gravelly from lack of use. he wasn't the type to speak a lot. "I apologise. I should have paid better attention." he said, his voice creating enough noise for him to see the features of the other's face distinctly enough. "that being said, please can you get off of me? people are staring." he murmured with a tiny smile

idly, his hand moved around to find his cane, and he paniced ever so slightly when he couldn't find it near. he needed his cane here in town, or he couldn't walk straight and people would ask questions, and what if they found  the blade hidden in it?

His body was ridged as his hand moved faster to look for the cane, still waiting for the other to get off of him. most would have pushed the other off, but he was a gentleman and wasn't so rude as to do that to another

-----------------------------------------------
I thought it was early morning (should a specified) and he had killed during the early hours while it was still dark. he knows not to tread on toes of things bigger than him ^^;
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Shade blinked a few times, startled that she had landed on something soft. Then she realized that she hadn't landed on something but rather someone and that sent her scrambling to her feet, her face red.

"I'm so sorry!" She reached down to haul him to his feet, using her powers to help ease and smooth the transition. "I'm fine, thanks, but I should be asking you if you're okay since you're the one who had someone land on you."

She glanced around for what she had tripped on, half remembering it as a cane, and grabbed it when she spotted it. "Here," she said, picking up one of his hands and wrapping it around the grip.

She paused then and gave him a curious look through her goggles. "Hang on. If you're blind," No, she didn't know that 'visually impaired' was the politically correct term, nor would she really care even if she did. "Then how would you know that people were staring?" Was he not really blind, she wondered, or was he a harbinger that had a power to help him with it?

Ah. Okay, that's fine. Yeah, just specify next time please. :)
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Sonic blinked as he was handed his cane and relaxed a little, sighing softly and saying than you. however, he went ridged again as the other picked up on his slip of the tongue.

damn.

however, he smiled either way, clutching his cane comfortably in his hands.

"I have my ways.....just as you had your way with helping me up, of which I'm thankful for. But lets not call on such things in public....and in broad day light. Like I said, people are staring at us my dear." He chuckled softly. "Let's move. I've got enough people unhappy with me." he chuckled and began moving through the crowd. "follow if ya want." he murmured, easily navigating through the crowds.

he was used to weaving through crowds with the ease of a snake. his cane taed lightly along the conrete softly as he moved, the smile gone from his face. he was a little mad at himself for that slip up. he couldn't afford things like that...slip ups kill people. he also wondered if tha girl was following or not...
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:22 pm

What he said just confused her a bit more. She jogged after him, frowning softly. Shade hadn't realized that he would feel her shadows aiding her pulling him to his feet and she wanted to know how he did. "Hey, wait up," she called.

When the girl was next to him again, she matched his pace and turned her head to look up at him. "I'm Shade. What's your name?" she asked curiously. Every so often, she'd glance forward to make sure neither of them were going to walk into anyone else. "Also, please don't call me 'dear' or anything like that," she added, tone polite. She wasn't upset really, she just didn't like it for the most part. Not when she didn't know the person.

Shade looked around again. "Where are we going anyway? If you don't have anywhere in particular in mind, would a diner or café be okay with you? It's hot and I need to cool down some. I'm wearing thick clothing," she added in explanation since he couldn't actually see. "We could talk there."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Sonic felt the other catch up to him and keep ace easily enough and he looked back to see how close the other was to him.

"Most call me Sonic....Let's leave it at that, yeah?" He asked, cane lightly tapping the ground in front of him as he walked around the people, being careful not to walk into anyone again. He didn't articularly want to get flattened again....Or worse, run into someone he doesn't want to run into in particular....like any gang members. He didn't need them knowing he was an active agent that, in essence, worked against them.

Being solo had it's draw backs of little to no protection from the gangs.

"Yes.....a Café sounds wonderful 'Shade'. I doneed to eat." He murmured, keeping polite. He didn't trust this one, but hey, what harm could it do? They were both curious about the other's Gifts....

"It's dangerous on the streets for me right now....kinda need to lay low for now..." Zach said, occasionally tapping his cane harder on the ground to get a clearer picture of where he was going. "Would you like to suggest a place?" He asked, looking back at the other
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:55 pm

She gave him a curious look, glancing up at him. "Why would the streets be dangerous now? It's daylight." The brunette frowned softly then. "Or, are you on the run from the police or government?"

She couldn't really care either way at the moment since she didn't really plan to go on another bounty hunt any time soon - not after what had happened with Dupree and Trace (which reminded her, she should check in on the both of them. It had been a while). And so long as he didn't attack her or anyone else, she'd leave him be. She didn't trust him either after all, but didn't really think he was worth any trouble right now either.

"Oh, um... There's a place up ahead and on the left that has really good pancakes and omelets," she offered, gesturing vaguely with a hand as a matter of habit. Quickening her pace a little, Shade took the lead, absently reaching back to catch the wrist of his empty hand to lead him and make sure they weren't separated.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Sonic smiled a tiny smile at the girl. "It of both. Best to not be seen." He murmured before letting the other over take him.

He flinched slightly when the other grabbed his wrist, but took a mental steadying breath to calm himself again. He was stronger than what he used to be, so he didn't have to worry so much about another's intention when they grab him. He knew exactly how to handle himself.

Sighing softly, he kept looking around as the other guided them through the crowds; curious as to where they were going. he began adding details to a mental map he had of the area, while also keeping an eye out for the similar shape of a police officer of some kind, or anyone that he would rather stay out of the line of sight of.

What can he say? He was cautious, and he had minimal perception of day and night, so to him, every minute that he was alive was a threat to him. Anything could attack him at any time, so he was constantly vigilant. He couldn't understand why people seemed to relax so much during the apparent Day Light Hours. He only had time to tell him that, and even then, he wasn't good at telling it for many reasons due to his blindness, even with his abilities.
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:23 pm

She didn't try to help the curious look his comment drew from her. It wasn't like he could see it at any rate so it wasn't like she was hurting anything by it, and she was planning to ask him what he meant while they were eating anyway.

In the diner, Shade lifted her free hand to wave at one of the waitresses before leading Sonic over to a table. "They let you choose your own seat here. I normally sit in the corner here. That's not a problem, is it?" She didn't think it would be but if it was, it was easy enough to move to another one. Waiting long enough to make sure he was in the booth properly, she slid in across from him. "Do you know what you'd like to eat or drink, or should I read the menu to you? I don't know if they have one that's braille. Sorry." She made a slight face, not liking she didn't know but it wasn't like it had come up before.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Sonic let himself be dragged over to a booth in the restaurant that they entered and sat down carefully, laying his cane right next to him.

"It's fine. I can smell what others are eating, and the Pancakes smell awesome, so I think I'll have some of those with ice cream and maple syrup." Sonic snickered softly, reaching into a pocket to pull out a pair of dark shades. He guessed that the other would wonder why a sightless person would need them, so he looked over at her with unnerving accuracy.

"The glasses hide my eyes from public view. When people are sitting and eating, they tend to look around and notice more. Especially if they're here alone." Sonic explained softly, folding his arms on the table, idly adjusting the bandages around his forearms that he used as supports of sort when climbing up building walls.

"So...What do you plan on asking me Shade?" He said after a pause, flicking his blue lazy hawk out of his eyes. Behind his shades, they were trained directly on the other, the shades darkness hiding this fact. Unless the other directly asked him the right questions, he wouldn't tell her anything about his....abilities or what he did.
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 am

Shade nodded slowly at his explanation for the glasses. "That makes sense. I know several harbingers who do the same thing." She tapped her goggles lightly, the glove on her hand muffling the sound. She wasn't one who wore them to hide her eyes due to her appearance, but she wasn't going to tell him that it was part of her restitution either. She was still a bit naïve, sure, but she wasn't stupid.

She waited until they had placed their orders (blueberry pancakes and hash browns for her) and the waitress had walked away before asking her first. "You keep tensing when people move inside of a certain distance of you," she assumed that was due to them being within his comfort zone, "And every time I move, you turn your head to follow. Are you able to do that because of your power?" She started to fidget with a sugar packet as she waited for him to answer, idly looking at him and the rest of the diner. It was occurring to her that since his back was to the majority of the establishment, that might have something to do with how stiffly he was sitting, but then, it might also be because she had basically coerced him into coming here. She'd have to apologize later.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:09 am

Sonic smiled softly. It was a good first question as any.

"My ability is essentially Echo Location. I 'see' using sound. So I'm able to locate where others around around me, and if the sound is clear enough, I can see features on people's faces. Also, my 'Range' is 50m so I can see everyone in the Diner and tell you what they're doing. For example, the man sitting with a woman and a young girl, most likely a family, are eating and having quiet chatter, smiling at their daughter. He's sitting at roughly 1 o'clock from out position." He murmured, not giving the full details on his Abilities.

He knew how to keep his cards close to his chest.

"And if you're wondering why I'm tense, I always am. I have no real perception of Night and Day, so i assume they're one and the same. Anyone, if they're daring enough, can break the 'Do it only at night' Rule. I prefer being alert all the time instead of Ignorant half of the time." Sonic chuckled softly as he idly tapped his fingers on the table, his voice and the tapping being enough for him to see the other's features and expression. Sure there were the noises from the Diner, but it was low unclear noises, in essence, because of how jumbled it was and didn't give him clear images.

Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:25 pm

She nodded again. That was interesting and she said as much, leaning around him to look at the family. "Can you describe what I look like to you?" She really couldn't help her curiosity at times and this was definitely one of them.

"Oh. That makes sense," she said about what he said for the day and night dilemma. "People who do break that rule typically find out shortly that it was a very bad idea to do, from stuff I've seen. Doesn't being on guard all the time get tiring though? And, no offense, but it seems pretty paranoid." She tilted her head again, glancing at his fingers then up again, absently lifting a hand to touch her goggles and toy with the strap a little, unconsciously careful not to uncover her eyes.

"Why did you decide to dye your hair blue? If you've always been blind, then how do you know what blue looks like? Or did you just pick a random bottle and go with that?" It just didn't make much sense to her was all.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:58 pm

"What I see sitting before me is a very pretty young woman with quite feminine features. a fringe that falls into your face and you're wearing goggles so I can't see the shape of your eyes. Yo're also wearing a thick hoody as well." Sonic said with a tiny smile. "You're also rather delicate looking, but that might just be due to the hoody making you seem smaller." He added with a tiny chuckle.

"But yeah....It may seem paranoid, but when you've never seen what others see on a daily basis, can can't distinguish a person's face half of the time, you get paranoid. Also, It'll possibly be.....problematic for any of the Merc Gangs to get wind of my activity. I'm a Freelance as it were. We'll leave it at that." He murmured as their food came around and easily picked up the cutlery and began eating slowly, making sure of where his food was.

"As for the Hair? an Old friend suggested it to me. He said I looked good in blue. I don't know as I don't even know what Blue is. " He said with a shrug. "Apparently, there's lots of odd fashions out there, and looking to normal may make me stand out a little too much. I don't know. Like I said, I've no concept of colour, so he could have told me to dye my hair some embarrassing colour or something. I could look ridiculous but fit in right now for all I know. I guess I had to put a little faith in him." Sonic explained, eating more of his pancakes, enjoying the sweet taste from the syrup and cream.
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:47 am

Blushing brightly, Shade ducked her head and shifted her hand to tug at her hood self-consciously. Even with her exposure of dating Kier and the playful flirting from Halt, she still couldn't take comments like that from people she didn't know without getting a bit flustered. "Th-thank you," she stammered softly.

She nodded at his comment about freelancing. "Well, be careful." Hopefully they wouldn't encounter at night or in opposition in a job. Shade had been lucky enough so far for that to have not happened, and she wasn't looking forward to when it would happen; she wasn't sure how well she'd be able to fight someone she knew even on a vague personal level.

"Well, I'd say your friend's suggestion was a good one. Blue suits you." She started to eat her pancakes again, giving him the chance to ask any questions he might want to know the answer to. Assuming, of course, that it was something that she was willing to answer. But then, that was normally the case with anyone, wasn't it?
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:50 am

Sonic smiled and bowed his head at her, eating a few more bites of his food, being ravenously hungry. due to lack of jobs, he'd been rashening his food. Don't get him wrong, he had plenty of money, but it was all funding for future weapons, and helping to pay off the final few payments of the flat he'd bought. He knew how to prioritise his life.

He briefly looked up at her, caution clear on his face. "Aye.....I wouldn't want to encounter them. I'm not big enough to attract too much attention.....But I may have done enough to irritate some of the gangs because of what I do." he murmured, begin vague about details.

Though he liked the girl, she seemed sweet, he didn't trust her even a little and was braced to run for it at the first sign of danger.

"So....Your ability. How does it work? When you helped me up, I felt some assistance from something, but i couldn't 'see' what it was. It's not solid, but acts like a solid." He asked, waving over a waitress and asking for a coffee after he spoke. He'd leave a good tip in order to ensure her silence in case she heard anything.
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:59 am

She was curious what it was that he did, but he had asked her something so it was only fair to answer first.

She waited for the waitress to leave again before speaking. "I'm a manipulation type. Shadows. I can make them into solid shapes. Tendrils, kind of like ropes, are the easiest and least strenuous for me to make and use." They also required the least concentration and seemed to respond to her instincts much more readily so she needed to be careful at times not to hurt someone on accident - or more than she had originally intended to. "I'm sorry to have used it, but I wasn't sure if I could get you up without the help." She just hoped he didn't start yelling. People were weird like that.

Shade started to play with the straw in her chocolate milk. "If you don't mind my asking, what do you do?" It likely wasn't legal if it could irritate the big gangs, but even with that caveat, that left a lot of things that it could be.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:56 pm

"I see. That's actually fairly useful. It'd be nice if I could utilise something like that." Sonic murmured, sipping his coffee, black no sugar. He briefly thought how he could use it and chuckled softly to himself. It would make his life a little easier.

However, his little finger on his left hand twitched, the only sign showing his hesitation before speaking. He didn't want to talk about this in particular.

"Things that aren't too legal." Was all he said, the finality in his tone showing his unwillingness to talk about that topic. He didn't know the girl well enough, nor did he want to risk others around him hearing, to tell her. He'd only talk about it if she gave an idea to what she did herself.

Taking another bite of his pancakes, he idly licked some syrup that got on his thumb as he thought.

"So what set back does you.....abilities have? Mine is my blindness from birth. How does yours effect you?" He asked, moving the topic along smoothly.
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:12 pm

She shrugged a bit, looking down. She supposed it could be useful, and now that she thought on it, it had been, but that didn't change all of the pain and broken hopes she had gone through because of it. Shade's lips twisted as she thought about her late uncle and that familiar flash of hate burned through her.

Pushing it down again, she nodded. "I do things that aren't too legal too," she offered with the thought it would help relax him a bit. She didn't really plan to share what she did either, not in the daylight with someone she didn't know or trust and where anyone could hear. It was better for them to shift to a safer topic of conversation.

"I'm extremely sensitive to light." She tapped her goggles. "The lenses are very dark so I'm not blinded and I have to cover my skin since the sun can burn it easily." Her lips quirked into a small smile. "I'm a type one as well." Shrugging a bit, Shade ate some more of her pancakes since she wasn't sure what to ask next herself.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:32 am

Sonic looked the other over, evaluating the other as best he could, lightly tapping his glass to get a clearer picture.

"It seems we may be in the same business darling." He murmured gently, suspicion just about heard in his voice. She seemed nice enough and sweet hearted...but that could just be a side of her not shown while working.

However, he perked up at the new information about the girl's abilities and their set backs.
"Ahh, so you essentially have the skin and sensitivity of an Albino. Now I can't tell if you're actually Albino, so if you are, I'm sorry if I just insulted you in any way. But yeah, that's a particularly annoying set back. I imagine Summer is and awkward time of year." He murmured, finishing off his food.

He kept his ears peeled for anyone that may have gone silent as they listened in on their conversation, and didn't feel too comfortable when he discovered that some near by tables were looking directly at them, tapping his cane to get a good idea on their location. The intent he felt from them didn't feel particularly good either.

Sonic sighed and stood up, leaving money for his meal on the table. "Perhaps I can suggest somewhere....with less people? The place is getting terribly crowded, and the amount of noise is throwing me off balance." He murmured gently. He definitely wasn't a fan of closed in noisy spaces with lots of people.
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Shade gave a small, wry smile and shrugged. "Maybe, but a lot of people are. Doesn't mean we can't make friends though. You just... have to be careful is all, if something happens." She shrugged again, not sure of how else to word that. "There's a reason it's called 'night life'," she added.

At his albino comment, she shook her head. "Not really, and no, I'm not. I burn much more quickly than someone like that would. But yes, summer is... particularly difficult. I have to be careful not to overheat since unless I'm wearing certain, rather expensive, fabrics, I have to wear thicker ones to prevent burns."

It was about then that she noticed their watchers, eyes narrowing behind the black lenses as she studied them. It was hard to see if any of them were harbingers or not, but she definitely agreed with Sonic about leaving.

Dropping her own payment on his, she stood as well. "That sounds like a good idea," she said, moving around the table to gently take his arm. Her grip was loose and only there to look guiding so that others would think Sonic really was completely blind and to help conceal his power. Hopefully no one had actually made out what they had said with how low they had kept their voices.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:48 pm

"I see. Shall we head to a Park? It's open enough that people won't stop and listen in like here. But it's public enough and big enough to not have something happen. There's a 'Night Life' Label....but not everything is totally solid if someone wants something enough." Sonic murmured, keeping his voice low so no one could listen in too easily.

He let the other take his arm, quickly clicking onto the other's plan of making it seem like he was completely blind.
Sonic held onto his cane tighter and held it out a little way ahead of him as he let Shade guide him out of the restaurant.

"So you burn a lot quicker than considered normal? That must be a royal pain...." He said with a light chuckle, gently letting go of the other once they were outside, still not one hundred percent comfortable with people touching him.

He still had issues to deal with that he didn't want to get into just now.
Sonic
Sonic
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:06 pm

What he said was true and made the brunette nod in agreement. "True. Not many will, simply because of the hassle, but you're right in that it won't stop some people. I mean, look at some of the things that will happen when someone is going after a bounty." In her experience, property damage was rather common.

Shade chuckled herself, letting her arms drop when he let go and shoving them into her hoodie's pockets. "I think that 'royal pain' could be considered mild. Have you ever had third degree burns? They certainly aren't pleasant." As much as she hadn't really been allowed out while growing up, her uncle had taken her out a couple of times - and now that she thought about it, it had likely been only to test how quickly she would burn and if the various SPFs and other UV protective products would work for her and how well they would. At least it had proven to be beneficial for her in the long run; it meant that she didn't need to try and figure this all out on her own and deal with the pain now.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down