THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvisation (since we have no idea what we're doing) and Mangoes [Kyna, Nolli, Akuji, Kier]

4 posters

Go down

Improvisation (since we have no idea what we're doing) and Mangoes [Kyna, Nolli, Akuji, Kier] Empty Improvisation (since we have no idea what we're doing) and Mangoes [Kyna, Nolli, Akuji, Kier]

Post by WatchfulSkyEyes Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 am

Kyna stared at the mango in her hands as she walked down one of East District’s main streets.

Such a waste… she thought with a sigh. I hate mangoes

If she hated said fruit, why was it in her hands? Because a fruit stall owner had decided to throw it at her, that’s why. She was just asking a couple questions to see if he knew anything about the shop keep from across the road that had mysteriously disappeared. Apparently the man hadn’t taken kindly to her bright eyes, and decided to throw the first thing he could grab at her, which happened to be the mango she now had.

Looking around the street, she saw that there were still a fair few people out; it was only starting to get dark, so people were still finishing up errands and whatever before heading home.

Kyna’s gaze dropped back to the fruit in her hands. I wonder if anyone would want it….?

Deciding to see if anyone would, she tapped the next person she walked by on the shoulder.

”Excuse me,” the brunette said, trying her best to obscure her eyes with her hood so the person wouldn’t freak out at her like the shop keep had, ”Would you like this mango? I don’t like them, but I got it free and don’t want it to go to waste.”

Last edited by WatchfulSkyEyes on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
WatchfulSkyEyes
WatchfulSkyEyes
Retired

Back to top Go down

Improvisation (since we have no idea what we're doing) and Mangoes [Kyna, Nolli, Akuji, Kier] Empty Re: Improvisation (since we have no idea what we're doing) and Mangoes [Kyna, Nolli, Akuji, Kier]

Post by SoupX Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 am

This evening, Nolli had decided to take a stroll around his home district for a change. There were a few people still out, but most had already started to head home. Nolli turned around when he felt a light tap on his soldier. ”Excuse me,” a hooded girl had approached him from behind. ”Would you like this mango? I don’t like them, but I got it free and don’t want it to go to waste.”

This is so suspicious that it's almost funny... but might as well. I love mangoes. "A mango?! You're willing to give it to me?! Ah hell yes." Taking the mango, he said, "Thank. You. So much."

He looked at the girl curiously. The girl herself seemed vaguely familiar. He was almost positive he'd heard her voice before. Nolli tried to get a better look at her face which was obscured by her dark hood. "This might seem like a strange question, but were you possibly in South District a couple weeks ago trying to catch a thirty some blond guy?" If he remembered correctly, the young woman from that ngiht was a harbinger with a super cool, wind type ability.

If this was the same girl, maybe she just didn't remember him. Nahh... I'm pretty memorable... Perhaps it was because today Nolli wasn't carrying his plunger and his clothes weren't as ridiculously bright as that one night. In fact, today, Nolli's clothes were pretty subtle (compared to his other outfits). Starting from the bottom, he wore a pair of pale red slip-ons that were normal enough. Moving up, Nolli rocked orange and purple striped leggings under a pair of electric blue sweatpants that were rolled up to the knee. His favorite lime-green, "Dat Ass" tank top hung loosely from his shoulders under a short-sleeved, shit-colored hoodie. To keep the setting sun out of his eyes, he wore an orange starfish printed sun visor.

Nolli's attention was abruptly drawn away from the girl and the mango when he heard panicked screams coming from very nearby. Accompanying the screams, was the sound of a familiar ice cream truck jingle. Nolli's eyes widened, "Holy Hell..."

Off in the distance, but approaching fast, were three ice cream trucks hurtling towards them. The trucks were laying waste to sidewalks and store fronts, swerving this direction and that. What do you even do in this type of situation...
SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Improvisation (since we have no idea what we're doing) and Mangoes [Kyna, Nolli, Akuji, Kier] Empty Re: Improvisation (since we have no idea what we're doing) and Mangoes [Kyna, Nolli, Akuji, Kier]

Post by Kier Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:40 am

"Sorry, we're sold out."

Kier didn't know what sucked more: the fact that the store was all out of mango-flavored Calpico, or the fact that he was too damn lazy to walk another 5 blocks to another market. He'd had this strange urge for mangoes since yesterday, but it had been too hot to get out of the apartment. Why did the store not sell any other mango products was completely beyond him. Sighing, Kier paid for his bent.

It was almost sundown by the time he stepped out of the convenience store. A couple stragglers were still scrambling to get home, but the streets were otherwise deserted. The weather was much cooler now, a light breeze skimming his bare arms. Luckily, he bought a sleeveless hoodie earlier this week, otherwise he'd be literally melting in the regular ones.

On the way back, Kier saw a hooded girl. Considering she was wearing shorts, the girl couldn't have been Shade. She was talking to a guy... a really, uh, interesting guy. He raised an eyebrow at the shirt graphic. And then he saw the mango.

"If you don't want it I'll take it!" he said, grabbing the flamboyant guy's shoulders.

Quickly approaching them was the sudden noise of ice cream trucks, three of them. Kier turned his head to see them wildly swerving right at them with a trail of wreckage in its wake. Why ice cream trucks of all things...?

He took his convenience bag and jumped out of the way of a car that rammed right the railing behind him, whistling when the smoke popped from the hood. Against his better judgement, Kier peered in through the tinted windows. Only to have the door open hard on his face.

part i seriously considered using. but it was a bit extreme and ooc...:
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuji Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:57 am

It was a silly idea, really. She knew it was stupid to even try, but at the same time a part of her really wanted to do it. Akuji had been in the East District for a couple of days just to hang around and find something fun to do for a change. Her idea of a fun was a bit extreme considering she didn't even have a license yet, but a little bit of sweet talking can go a long way.

Both she and the man got into the ice cream truck. She was in the driver’s seat and he was in the passengers’. It was her first time in an ice cream truck, let alone a car. The temperature in the truck was much colder than the weather outside which felt nice on her skin since the heat outside was almost unbearable.

"Okay, let's do this." She said popping a mango popsicle into her mouth and then placing both her hands on the steering wheel, she stepped hard onto the right pedal. The car lurched forward and continued to accelerate. “This does not seem good,” Akuji yelled as she began to lose her grip. She had no clue how to even drive a car and here she was trying to drive an ice cream truck around town.

Akuji swerved the truck away from an incoming car and unintentionally drifted around a corner. She sighed in relief until she realized she was heading straight for three people. “Oh f***," she cursed silently as she tried to step on the brakes. The ice cream man was probably regretting letting her do this since he beginning to scream like a helpless little girl.

The people jumped out of the way just as the truck slammed in to the railing behind them. Thankfully the seatbelt kept her from flying out the window. Akuji groaned in frustration, unbuckled her seatbelt, and opened her door only to knock into a familiar red-violet head. Akuji burst out in a fit of laughter as she saw Kier being knocked by her door. It felt like everything happen in slow motion and his face was priceless. She turned to the other two people, preparing to apologize for almost killing them when she noticed something in one of their hands.

“Ish dat a manhoe?” She questioned and then popped her popsicle out of her mouth.

Spoiler:
Akuji
Akuji
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by WatchfulSkyEyes Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm

She blinked. The male’s voice sounded extremely familiar…

"This might seem like a strange question, but were you possibly in South District a couple weeks ago trying to catch a thirty some blond guy?"

Kyna lifted her hood so she could get a better look at him, and gave a light smile after seeing his bright outfit. There was no doubt about it; he was the guy with the weaponized toilet plunger she’d met in the alley with Barnes.

“Yes, I was,” the brunette said as she let her hood fall down. She was grateful it was someone who already knew she was a harbinger because it was too bloody hot out to have her hood up, especially with her restitution, which caused her to feel sick most of the day.

Kyna was surprised when another man equally as tall as Neon Man joined them, saying he’d take the mango is no one else wanted it. Why is everyone so flippin’ tall these days? She thought while looking at the duo, who were both more then a head taller then she was. Her eyes widened slightly when she noticed the colour of the new guy’s eyes; they were blue and orange. Another harbinger….

Before any more words were exchanged between the group, they all became aware of impending doom heading there way in the form of three out of control ice cream trucks.

“What the hell…?” Kyna stared for a second at the scene before jumping out of the way as one of the trucks crashed into the railing. She watched as the other two continued to cause destruction along the street and residents fled for their lives. ....This is going to be a really weird night....

"Uh, shouldn't we stop them....?" she started as she turned her attention back to the truck that almost killed them, only to see the other harbinger on the ground and a pale blue-haired female laughing as she got out of the vehicle. "You ok?" Kyna asked the blue-and-orange-eyed male with a tilt of her head as she held out a hand to help him up

Spoiler:
WatchfulSkyEyes
WatchfulSkyEyes
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by SoupX Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Nolli stared, mouth slightly agape, as the bizarre scene unfolded before him. Oh. my. god.

Soon after Nolli discovered the identity of the hooded girl, a red-head around his own height grabbed his shoulders from behind and offered to take the free mango. But...but... the mango...

The fruit was quickly forgotten as one of the trucks nearly flattened the three into the pavement. Having lunged to safety, Nolli whipped around to see what kind of lunatic had been driving the truck in the first place. He flinched, as a giggly light-haired girl (who clearly wasn't the normal driver) slammed the door of the truck into the red-head's face. Oh jeez, that musta hurt. Poor guy. Looking around the girl, Nolli peered first into the truck where a moderately traumatized ice-cream man sat, then to the direction where the other two vehicles continued to terrorize pedestrians. His attention was drawn back to the lunatic truck-driver, who... seemed vaguely familiar. Maybe he'd seen her somewhere before. Who knows.

“Ish dat a manhoe?” asked the light-haired female, taking a popsicle out of her mouth.

Nolli's eyes widened, slightly alarmed. Oh hell nah, you better not be after my mango... First the red-head, now this Crazy.

"Yes. That is in fact a manhoe. And it's mine, thank you very much," Nolli interjected as he defensively snatched the mango from the hands of the brunette. Mangoes were hella expensive these days, there's no way he'd pass up a chance like this.

Taking the mango in his hands, Nolli looked down at it, noticing something rather odd. Though it was about the same size, same color, and same shape as a typical mango. It was slightly heavier, not as soft, and strangely heated. It vibrated slightly. The fuck... Nolli frowned, obviously baffled. Just as he looked up to the brunette (whose name he'd either never learned, or had forgotten) to ask where she'd obtained such a questionable fruit, it burst open.

Nolli yelped and automatically tossed the fruit-in-question to whoever happened to be closest.
SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Ow, that fucking hurt, he thought standing up. The impact from the door had knocked him down just as Akuji's slightly hysteric laugh rang in his ears. She was laughing, what. Kier blinked at her casually sucking on the mango pop. Was she high or something? Because the blue-haired female he fought more than one bounties with did not crack those kinds of noises. Well, not the joyful kinds of laughs anyway.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," he responded to the Harbinger girl behind him. His eyes though didn't leave Akuji's, unsure of what unpredictable thing she would do next. Why in the hell was she even driving? Heck, she should passed out on her bed with a huge hangover from all that alcohol she had at the bar last night. With the amount she drank, it would keep even the biggest drinker from moving about the next morning.

"Did you, and don't hit me for asking, take something? You seem kinda high. Okay, no. You seem really out of whack." Under normal circumstances, a comment like that would've earned him a punch in gut or a kick further down.
At the corner of his eye, he saw the brown haired mango guy yelp and toss the mango in his general direction. Kier caught the fruit, wondering why the other guy was tossing away a perfectly good mango... that was strangely warm...

Then the thing started flashing red- clearly not a run-of-mill mango. Reflexively he passed the thing to Akuji, conveniently standing in front of him. "Uh, tag.
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuji Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:22 pm

“Did you, and don't hit me for asking, take something? You seem kinda high. Okay, no. You seem really out of whack." Akuji didn’t feel any different than usual. She tapped her cheeks as she tried to recall the events earlier that morning. She had woke up with a massive hangover and then took some medicine she found in the cupboard. Medicine, I took medicine. It was some sort of headache medicine that made her feel instantly better and a bit giddy.

“Nothing in particular,” she shrugged just as Kier tossed the vibrating orange mango to her. Akuji caught the mango and observed the blinking red light. It almost felt too familiar. Worth a shot. She flipped the mango open in half and pressed it to her ear, “Uh, hello? Yeah, okay. Uh-huh. Really, now? Well, okay… ” She flipped the phone shut, “Well, the owner of this mango wants her phone back. She said she’d meet us at the fruit stand where she lost it.”

She tossed the mango phone back to the man who originally said it was his fruit. Akuji shook her head and sighed, “People these days, stealing mango phones like it’s no big deal. Tsk tsk tsk.”

Akuji
Akuji
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down