THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, Watch It! [Hoss|Vertigo|Aelio]

3 posters

Go down

Hey, Watch It! [Hoss|Vertigo|Aelio] Empty Hey, Watch It! [Hoss|Vertigo|Aelio]

Post by Hoss Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Watch. Boring ass shit, that's what it was. In fact it was something that required little to absolutely no thought whatsoever. So here was the situation if you really think about it. Here you have this run of the mill base right? It's not even a base. It's not run of the mill. Forget that sentence was ever spoken because clearly you're in the wrong place if you think that Solstice HQ was run of the mill in terms of a gang hideout. No it was run of the mill if you were looking for parking in the shittiest area of Southern District next to a building that wasn't really using it. That was the Solstice Headquarters. Unbecoming of a group that basically made its business off of corrupt politicians.

So you have your non run of the mill place in an area of town that's not extremely busy and it's all hush hush and easy to just sort of keep from getting egged or what have you. Then you have people who fail missions horribly and have to pay their dues. Maybe you make a little too much noise with a plan involving setting streets on fire, or maybe you demolish a train. Hell, maybe, just maybe, you're the new guy and they are letting you hang out with all the fuck ups to listen to their various fuck upperies and learn not to do that ever.

So basically Hoss, Aelio, and Vertigo.

Vertigo, who Hoss was convinced had the real name of Anne since Haze (or Ceara) had cut herself off when saying his name. That was the best he had to go on as he sat on the edge of theā€¦ what would one call it? It wasn't quite a window but rather a rectangular hole in the concrete where the first floor could look out onto the street. He was laying down but he wasn't tired, just reading a book as he occasionally looked out the window at any passerby to make sure they kept their distance.

"This is probably the most bullshit job ever. I, personally, blame your ass Vertigo. You interrupted my brilliant plan so my plan B got me landed with this gig instead of delivery work."
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Hey, Watch It! [Hoss|Vertigo|Aelio] Empty Re: Hey, Watch It! [Hoss|Vertigo|Aelio]

Post by Andrew Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Well, this was turning out to be boring as fuck. Andrew bit back a yawn before tugging his bag around to dig around in it. Maybe finding something to snack on would help keep him awake. And here we go! He pulled out a small bag of... peanuts? When the hell did he get these? Frowning softly in confusion, he eyed his bag before looking inside of it. Was his bag magical or something? He couldn't think of another reason why he'd keep getting random crap in here.

Sighing softly, he started to crunch softly on the legume. He had just started to debate the merits of climbing around on the outside of the building, nevermind that it could draw more attention than they wanted, when he was nicely distracted by one of his companions.

"This is probably the most bullshit job ever. I, personally, blame your ass Vertigo. You interrupted my brilliant plan so my plan B got me landed with this gig instead of delivery work."

Thank god Hoss kept making remarks like that and keeping him entertained. Or at least awake. He glanced over and threw a peanut at Hoss, bouncing it off the book. "Dude, I had nothing to do with them showing up early. Besides, you just admitted it was your plan B so you'd still be here even if I hadn't shown up. And what was your oh so brilliant original plan anyway?" Andrew still couldn't decide if he liked Hoss or not. He seemed the kind of guy who enjoyed pissing people off (something Andrew occasionally did), but he also seemed like a decent enough guy sometimes too, even if he hid it under a bad attitude and snark.

Basically, he was like Andrew and the complete opposite at the same time.

The redhead glanced over at the lone female with them, eying her momentarily before draping himself over the ledge again. What was with the various 'cute but serious' girls he had been encountering recently?

Last edited by Andrew on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Hey, Watch It! [Hoss|Vertigo|Aelio] Empty Re: Hey, Watch It! [Hoss|Vertigo|Aelio]

Post by Lumine Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Terrene had never bothered asking where Lumine went every now and then so late at night. Maybe she just assumed by now that Lumi was seeing someone. On that note, she was in fact seeing someone every night she went out, but it wasn't necessarily the same person...nor was it ever for a romantic encounter. Hoss had sort of tried, although he had more or less gotten stalled.

That said, this job was becoming more and more silly. Lumine had arrived at their base of operations hoping that in time, she'd recognize a greater point in using a parking garage as their headquarters of sorts, but unfortunately, the exact opposite had happened. Solstice packed up and moved out practically every night. The gang was nomadic in nature. Why did they have to protect a building that had nothing in it to protect again?

"I feel like I'm protecting an ordinary rock."

Lumine went to the roof and lit a small fire, doing exactly what she did when it was just herself and Haze. Coffee, snacks and a book. Of course they'd make their rounds, but like hell was Lumi going to walk all night, especially when what they were protecting wasn't exactly of paramount importance.

"Planning on stabbing another man, Hoss?"
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:03 pm

"Nah, I already stabbed Vertigo here last time around. The urge has since subsided," he called over to Lumine before turning his gaze back to Anne. He was right to some extent, "Plan B's historically should never be used but almost always are and have to be. Let's just agree to disagree on the blame for now since we have to put up with each other all night. My brilliant plan though, if you really want to know, was a simple in and out. Sneak into the offices, alter the delivery route, and get out of there before they realize what has happened. All you have to do really is put a special notice in the delivery before the driver goes out or put out a fake bulletin that a road will be closed off further down."

Hoss grabbed the peanut that had bounced off of his book and flicked it with his finger in Andrew's direction. Lumine was right though, they were protecting a large ordinary rock. "If you really break it down. We're sitting her so that we don't get any squatters or pigeons or bats. The only intel is the mission board which in all fairness could be taken down and moved. Or, you know, erased."

Hoss saw someone walking along the edge of the building. He eyed them roughly but they kept their face down and kept walking. It meant it was a local yokel. Someone who heard whispers or rumors or knew that it was some sort of gang affiliated area and didn't want any trouble on their way home. Hoss wasn't interested once the guy passed the window though and went back to reading his book as he thought it over some more. "So, since we got time to kill we might as well play a game. How about two truths and a lie?"

He looked over to Vertigo. "Wanna start us off? Simplest game ever, right in the title. You say three facts about yourself, two of which are true, one of which is a lie. Then it's our job to guess which one the lie is. If you don't feel particularly keen on giving the answer up you can always elect to never give it to and just let our minds wonder. And then we go around and everyone gets a chance."

Hoss kept his eyes on the boy, his thumb pressing down on the corner of the page to mark his place. It was a bad habit but without a hardcover or book mark he had no other way of doing it.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Andrew hummed softly, tilting his head back in thought. Hoss' suggestion sounded a bit ridiculous, and this was coming from someone pretty much only had ridiculous ideas, but hey, at least it was something to keep him occupied. He shrugged. "Okay." He'd never agree if Ceara had been here, that was for certain.

He shifted how he was sitting, tossing one leg over the ledge so he was straddling it and drumming his fingers as he debated on what to say. "Hm... I'm a morning person. I love to read. And I don't like fighting." Mostly true - he was an anytime person really. False - he couldn't sit still long enough to read through a book and usually ended up falling asleep. And true - he'd rather avoid it, but that didn't mean he couldn't. He just wasn't the greatest at it, relying on his speed to connect and dodge.

Looking at the others again, he raised an eyebrow at Hoss as if to ask "good enough?" and offered the peanuts to Aelio. "Want some?"
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 am

"Brilliant plan...piss poor execution right?"

If Hoss had gone with plan B, that notion was almost guaranteed. Lumine didn't take him for the type to think things all the way through in the long term, although he was actually quite brilliant when he wanted to be. Sometimes that was all you needed, just a good wit. Plans were flawed, and sometimes thinking on the fly was the best way on going about things. Lumine had that skill to some extent, although she tended towards academia more than quick thinking a lot of the time. The strategy had its own merits, and disadvantages of course.

"Alright, so riddle me this. If we're protecting a rock, and all we need to do is keep out squatters, how did three of us manage to get suckered into the same job on the same night?"

A rhetorical question. It was likely the three were all looking for credit, or were simply so bored, that guarding a rock was about the most fun to have on a cold night. Then again, as Lumine could have been home sleeping, her motives were probably closer to the first. Of course there were people around, but they were few and far in between, and usually didn't give much a care of what was going on in the neighborhood. Solstice tended to stay out of people's business around the South.

Lumine sat herself down and started her coffee while Hoss started a game, with Vertigo starting the actual play around. Lumine was relatively quick to answer.

"I suspect if you're out this late, you wouldn't be a morning person."

She sure as hell wasn't. Lumine took a few of the peanuts.

"And sure, thanks."

Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down