THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting the rumor [Dupree, Shade] - complete

2 posters

Go down

Meeting the rumor [Dupree, Shade] - complete Empty Meeting the rumor [Dupree, Shade] - complete

Post by Dupree Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Dupree finished digging out the last scheduled grave in the graveyard and climbed his way out. He sighed and grabbed his shovel before heading back towards his home. It was just outside the graveyard which made the trip shorter than it was for most. The graveyard did belong to his family and was tended to by them after all. It was called "Elysian Fields Cemetary." It was already late at night and the graveyard should've been closed, but Dupree made a final round around the graveyard for anyone still there. Sometimes when people visited they rested underneath the trees or on the benches, but then there were the others. The gang members and stupid kids who would come into the graveyard to cause trouble in hopes of unveiling the truth about the "Grave Digger."

Ever since the one incident where he used his power to scare some stupid kids out of the graveyard at night a rumor had started that there was an undead grave digger which protected the graveyard. Dupree used the rumor to his advantage to help protect the graveyard, but more and more people had been coming into the graveyard to disprove or kill the legend. Why people never guessed it was just another harbinger, was beyond him but he preferred the story. It meant it took less to scare the kids away, but the gang members were always more of a nuisance. Always having to prove themselves to their friends they came in and destroyed or defaced the gravestones. It was because of those actions Dupree had to dig a few unmarked graves towards the back of the graveyard.

His lantern creaked as it swayed with each step before coming to a stop and grabbing a few feathers from inside his cloak. He held them tightly in his hand before tossing letting a pair of crows fly from his hand.
"Check the grounds. Tell me if you see anyone."

The birds cawed and flew up into the sky before beginning to circle and survey everything. When they came back down they told him they saw someone standing alone by a grave and a group of four people nearby the single person with both parties being about hundred yards away from him. Dupree sighed and blew out the fire in his lantern before following his birds to the people.

"Hopefully it's just a group of kids...I don't feel like digging another grave tonight."

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Meeting the rumor [Dupree, Shade] - complete Empty Re: Meeting the rumor [Dupree, Shade] - complete

Post by Shade Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Shade had started to make visiting her parents' graves a bi-weekly routine and was finding it rather cathartic to sit and talk with them. And ever since her uncle had died, she didn't have the same fear that she used to. However, she did prefer to come later in the day and stay past nightfall for her own comfort, even though she knew that people weren't supposed to be there after dark.

Not that it had ever stopped anyone.

She had just stood and was dusting her pants off, saying good night to her parents' headstones, when she heard voices growing nearer. Turning, she cocked her head a bit at the group who were laughing and shoving each other and generally acting, in her opinion, like idiots.

It took them a few moments to see her standing there and just watching them, but when they did, they quieted. After several beats of silence, one nudged another and said something about how the grave digger didn't seem that scary and was just a little girl, which made her scowl. While she didn't have a clue what they were talking about in regards to a grave digger, she knew the rest and she was no little girl. But they also weren't worth her effort so she just turned to walk away, debating between going home or going to Network headquarters.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

Meeting the rumor [Dupree, Shade] - complete Empty Re: Meeting the rumor [Dupree, Shade] - complete

Post by Dupree Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:05 am

Dupree walked past each gravestone letting his hand glide over the surface of the polished marble. The crows cawed loudly once for each person making the the group of people jump. The only one who didn't was the lone standing figure. They were too heavily clothed to make out gender, but that didn't matter. He knew the figure well enough by repeated visits. Every few weeks he'd see that person come in and visit their important dead so they probably weren't the problem tonight.

Dupree made a few more crows and continued walking telling his birds to perch on the gravestones around the group of people, but to ignore the sole person. He walked up slowly behind the lone figure, his footsteps making them turn around, before passing them and turning on his lantern again. Once the kids noticed him one of them pulled out a camera from a bag and began recording him.

"You lot...get out of the graveyard. You aren't here to respect the dead. This isn't a game and you'll only be warned once." Dupree said firmly as he held his shovel in his hand. He turned his head to look back at the person he'd passed and saw it was a girl. "You can stay for a short while longer. You've shown the due respects."

The group of kids were all muttering to each other, some begging to leave and others edging the largest of the group to do something. Dupree could tell where it was going and pointed at the group slowly, which made them grow silent in anticipation and fear. "...Hunt."

The small murder of crows flew from their perches and began pecking and clawing at the group of kids making them scream and swat at the birds in a panic and causing them all to run away. Dupree was glad they weren't to far away from the gate so he only had to follow them a short part of the way to keep them within his birds range. The kids all hopped the gate in a hurry, some of them ripping clothes in the process, but Dupree had a few of his birds distract the camera woman and steal the camera before they brought it back to him and he broke it.

"Stay out of the graveyard if you are not going to respect the dead!" he yelled after them before turning back around and quietly muttering "Fucking kids..."

He noticed the girl was still standing there probably wondering what the hell just happened. Dupree didn't really care, but he still had to make sure she left the graveyard in peace. He didn't want to come back the next morning and find something wrong. he walked up to her slowly as the birds began circling him and his first two flew into his mouth and turned into feather which he swallowed with little difficulty after having done it so many times before. "I see you're not easily scared. That's good I suppose...nonetheless the graveyard is closed. You'll have to be going now."

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Blinking mildly in surprise, Shade glanced up at the birds who were calling out. How... odd. She hadn't thought that they would gather and roost like this. It was a bit unnatural. Maybe it was like that one boy who had fallen into the sinkhole with her?

She turned warily at the sound of footsteps, her right hand going to her left wrist, and hoped that a fight wasn't about to occur. That would be rather shameful, in her opinion, and certain disrespectful. Not that these morons hadn't been enough as it was, and that made her blood boil, especially since she had spoken with a couple of the people who had loved ones buried near her parents.

Shade watched with interest as the grave keeper chased off the troublemakers. He was clearly a harbinger, though the birds flying into his mouth was a bit... odd. Tilting her head at him, she shook her head in response to his first statement. "No. Am I supposed to be?" she asked, genuinely curious if people were supposed to scare easily. Most of the people she had been meeting certainly didn't.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:04 am

The girl's curiosity showed clearly in her words and it astonished Dupree a bit. She looked to be as young if not younger then the kids that were just chased of. Either she was just too curious to be scared, or she didn't feel like she was in any danger, which she wasn't so long as she left peacefully.

"To be honest...yes. Most people come here at this time of night because they wish to find out if the rumors of the undead gravedigger is true. It's kinda why the always tend to run off." he said with a bit of a disbelieving tone. She..really didn't seem to know about him. That was a bit new to him after doing the shtick for several years already. Maybe she just wasn't one to listen to rumors or pay them any mind. Another set of birds flew into his mouth whizzing by the girl's head first making her flinch slightly.

"Sorry about that. The birds just fly the most direct route to me once they're done. Alright now. It's time to go. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. I'm locking this place up for the night."

As he began walking her out of the graveyard the rest of the small murder of birds followed them through the air and occasionally perching on the gravestones to watch Shade before flying off again as she passed. While Dupree could control their every movement he generally left them to do what they wanted until their time ran out once whatever he needed to do was done. They were a gift of power graced onto him by the gods and he wouldn't presume to hold as much power over them as they did. He would pay his proper respects for the power he received once he returned to his home, but for now he hoped the girl wasn't too disturbed by the birds' curious nature or the fact that every once in a while a pair of birds would fly into his mouth. To most it was a disturbing sight, but she hadn't said a word about it.

He heard her let out an odd noise and turned around to see a crow was trying to land on her shoulder. With a snap of his fingers the bird flew away from her and perched itself onto his thick fingers.
"Sorry about that. The birds aren't normally this curious about people...then again they rarely get to be around other people peacefully. Either way this bird was a bit too curious for his own good." The bird squawked at him and he bowed his head "I apologize. Too curious for Her own good." The bird cawed in what could've been a satisfied tone if anyone, but Dupree could understand it. The bird cawed at him a few times and he sighed.

"She wants to know if you are willing to be her perch for a few minutes before she's gone."

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 pm

He was surprised. Why was he surprised? Because people always ran away from him? "Well, I'm not. And it's not particularly nice of anyone else to run away just because of rumors. People are stupid," she said, rather bluntly, before twitching a bit when the pair flew past her head. That was... somewhat disconcerting, but not too bad. Just something that would take a person a bit to get to get used to.

Falling into step next to him without complaint, Shade glanced at him a couple times, curious, but found that her attention was drawn more by the crows and she watched them back. She was actually in the middle of staring at one when another tried to land on her, drawing a surprised sound from her and making the brunette duck a little, hunching her shoulders as she turned.

Head tilting a little, she watched him and the bird. "That's fine," she said, tugging off her right glove and shoving it in her pocket before offering her left arm. When the crow had settled there, Shade reached up to lightly stroke the feathers. "I don't know why some people are scared of crows. They're really rather pretty."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 am

The girl's comment about other people made him frown a bit, but he didn't say anything about the fact that the people who ran away had good reason to. Dupree was gentle with the people that came to just get proof of the gravedigger's existence peacefully, like the kids before had. However, the few people that had come in and defaced the gravestones and tried to fight Dupree were still somewhere in the graveyard...six feet under the ground.

He was surprised to see her accept the bird so easily, but her comment on their beauty made him smile lightly and the bird caw happily.
"People are scared of crows because ever since the olden times they have represented death. People often fear death, so it's only natural they would fear crows. Death isn't something one should fear though. It comes for everyone eventually, but it does not mean it is the end. The soul lives on and with a proper sending, will find it's new place in the realm of spirits." he said calmly, revealing a bit of his wiccan beliefs in hopes she might listen. He enjoyed speaking to others about his beliefs so long as they had an open mind to listen. If she didn't want to he couldn't force her to listen, but he at least hoped she wouldn't call his beliefs stupid. Dupree turned to continue walking as more birds flew into his mouth and broke down into feather which he swallowed quickly.

"It's part of my job to make sure the spirits that pass through this graveyard are sent off into the spirit realm and to take care of their remains in a dignified manner. It's been passed down in the family and that crow you're holding is the guardian animal of my family. The crows help me to guide the spirits to their resting place and protect their remains."

He could've gone on for much longer, but decided to stop there to see if the young girl was even interested in learning more about his beliefs, or if she had anything to say overall.

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed May 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Shade had seen his surprise and was wondering at it, had been about to address it when he started talking. Effectively distracted, she listened in interest as he spoke.

It still fascinated her how different people could be and think and feel and at the same time, still be similar. It gave her some hope that she wasn't as much of an awkward freak as she sometimes thought she was. Well, she knew she was awkward no matter what, but that was a bit beside the point she was trying to make to herself.

"So... you're taking care of my parents and everyone else here?" she asked, wanting to make sure that she understood. Nodding to herself, she shifted the arm the crow was on and stepped forward to hug Dupree, making sure the bird wasn't squashed. "Thank you."

After a moment, she stepped back again and tucked the crow against her chest. "You're surprised again. Why?" Had she done something wrong or offended him in some way? She hoped not. He was treating her like a normal person and she liked that. There were entirely too few who did it.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Thu May 02, 2013 4:15 am

Dupree was happy enough that the girl didn't have any snide remarks about his beliefs and job, but when she asked if he was taking care of her parents he felt a bit sad. The girl was young looking, he doubted she was even in her twenties yet, and she already lost her parents. It was a bit tragic, but she seemed to survive the ordeal. "Yes that's right. I take care of the departed, body and soul."

Dupree hadn't expected the hug when it came from behind so it made him stiffen up at first before he noticed what it was and placed his hand on top of her arm which was wrapped around him. He was surprised with her overall, because it'd been a long time since he had a conversation with another person beside his fraternal twin sister. Not many people chose to the man digging the graves in the day, and at night people only came for the rumors. This was not the first time it happened just the first in a long time.

"You're surprised again. Why?" the girl asked him curiously and somewhat worriedly.

"I was a little surprised because I don't normally get hugged by strangers. It's not unwelcomed however. I just wasn't expecting it. As for taking care of your parents, you're welcome miss...?" He let it hang hoping she would give her name before the crow on the girl's arm cawed softly, rubbing it's head against her giving her it's condolences before taking off and flying into Dupree's mouth where it disappeared.

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri May 03, 2013 4:24 pm

"Oh, sorry. Call me Shade." Dead uncle or not, it was habit at this point to introduce herself as Shade and it wasn't something she really felt the need to change just yet. And if her real name was so important to him, it would be easy enough for him to look at the graves she visited and do a quick search.

That did remind her though, she should tell Trevor her real name. She had been ready to tell Kier when...

She sighed softly and gave the crow one last pat before its time was up. Moving her arm a bit, she adjusted to the lack of weight again. "Do you often call them up?" she asked, glancing around at the remaining crows. It was hard to see the exact color of their feathers, but his lantern was bright so she couldn't remove her goggles for even a short while and still be able to look at him to converse. "And if it's not a problem, could you dim your light some please?" She gestured at her goggles as explanation. "My eyes are sensitive."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 am

Part of Dupree's job was to memorize every person's name in the graveyard and for the most part he had. The more recent ones were a little trickier, but he knew everyone from when he first took up the job to two months back. Meaning he knew the names of Shade's parents and he could easily look up the information about next of kin, but he didn't plan on it. If she had a reason to give him a fake name he would leave it at that.

"Okay then. I will call you by Shade Rinaldi." he said a small smile.

"Do you often call them up?

Dupree saw her looking around at the few crows that remained and he shrugged. "I tend to keep a few of them out at all times. Mostly to keep watch over the graves with me, but sometimes just a few to keep me company."

When she asked him to turn off his lantern he was slightly unsure. He knew his way around the graves like they were his very own home, but she wasn't here often enough to have learned that kind of thing. Still, because it was the first person he managed to hold a conversation with in a long time he gave into her request.

"Just try to be careful. I don't want you to hurt yourself walking around in the dark."

With that being said he gave a mental call to his birds and they all perched on his shoulder, head, and lantern, before he began walking to the exit. It wasn't to much father off. Maybe another minute or so, but as a way of making the conversation last a little longer he took slow short strides. He was rather enjoying himself and he wasn't keen on letting it end so soon.

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat May 04, 2013 11:24 am

Shade cringed a little when he said her last name and winced. "Please, just Shade. And thank you." When he had doused his light, she lifted a hand and tugged her goggles down with a soft, happy sound. As much as she was used to wearing them, to the point of not really feeling when they were on, it was still nice to be able to take them off every so often.

She looked at him with those unnaturally reflective eyes and gave a shy smile. "Thank you for being concerned, but I can see just fine." She gestured at the nearly full moon and ambient light pollution from the rest of the city. "It's never really dark for me. Right now is like daylight."

Lifting an arm, she offered it to the crow nearest her and tilted her head at Dupree. "Could I ask what I should call you by?" For all she knew, he preferred to go by an alias as well. And after her request, she averted her eyes again, not wanting to risk making him uncomfortable. Fellow harbinger or no, that didn't mean her eyes couldn't be unsettling, especially with how they seemed to glow in the dark and low light.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Sat May 04, 2013 5:40 pm

He didn't pretend to understand why she wanted to avoid using any part of her real name, but he just nodded in agreement. He couldn't see her smile but her comment about it being as bright as daylight intrigued him. He'd heard about other harbinger and more than likely buried a good number of them among the people he'd buried, but he didn't know some could see in the dark. A small smile crossed his lips as she raised her arm again and he let another crow sit on her arm.

"Could I ask what I should call you by?" the younger girl asked him.

He wondered briefly about telling her his real name, but his tendency towards theatrics and mystery told him to use the name that he'd adopted.

"You may call me the Grave Digger. It's what everyone else who comes here calls me."

He couldn't afford to have telling other people that the rumored Gravedigger had a real name and family. Even if it was with good intentions. Dupree was pretty sure that if some of the gang members that had been close to ones he'd buried found out his real name, they'd come after him and his sister and he couldn't allow that. He was curious why she was making as little eye contact (the shine of her eyes being the only indication she was looking at him) as she could with him. While the metallic reflection of her eyes were new to him they didn't bother him in the slightest. After all his eyes were completely black like those of the crows and he was one who immersed himself in the oddities of magic. Seeing uncommon things were common to him.

"Why are you looking around? Are you nervous? I'm sure there isn't another person in the graveyard with us." He said in a reassuring voice. "My crows would've told us if there was."

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue May 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Grave Digger, huh? That was more of a title than an alias, but she wasn't one to cast stones considering her refusal to give out her own name. "Do you mind if I call you GD instead?" she asked, eyes flickering toward him then darting away again. It would be easier to say and sounded a bit more like something someone would be called.

His questions made her blink then look directly at him. "Oh, no. I'm not nervous," she said with a quick head shake. "Honestly, I didn't want to upset you. My eyes seem to unsettle even some other harbingers. Of course, considering that you can't really see them unless it's dark and then they're about all that most people can see so I understand why it creeps people out. I just didn't want to do that to you since you've been so nice."

Sighing softly, Shade looked down again and focused on the crow on her arm, gently stroking her fingertips over its feathers. She let out a soft chuckle when it leaned forward to study itself in her eyes then pecked at her goggles.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Fri May 10, 2013 2:35 am

"GD? I guess that is ok." Dupree said with a shrug. He didn't want to disappoint his new friend, but in truth he did. He title was his form of protection and more importantly it was a weapon used against those who would think of coming to disturb the graveyard. Fear had always been his weapon of choice so to change it, even slightly, was to weaken his weapon. Though as long she didn't tell anyone about it it would be okay.

He couldn't help but chuckle when she mentioned trying to not bring him any discomfort with her eyes.
"Thank you for your concern, but I work with things that are considered unsettling by most. Your eyes don't bother me in the slightest. In fact they slightly remind me of my own." he said while pointing to his own purely black eyes.

He watched her with his crows and could only smile at her chuckle. They both continued walking, Dupree walking slower than Shade without the use of his eyes.
"Don't be rude and peck her things." he chastised the bird before turning his attention to Shade. "I apologize for his actions. Sometimes they take their freedom a little too far."

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat May 11, 2013 11:30 am

The bright smile Shade rewarded his agreement with likely made that worth it to the man, and it made her look more like other teens her age who didn't have a care in the world.

Tilting her head a bit, she looked at his eyes and nodded. She could understand that. "We both have black eyes," she said, smiling softly. "Only mine are like mirrors and yours are like a crow's. It's neat." And the closest she had come to seeing anyone having eyes even the least bit like hers.

When Shade realized that she was walking faster than GD, she slowed to match his pace then shrugged a bit. "Oh, it's fine. I think it's kind of cute. And he won't hurt the lenses any - they're supposed to be shatter proof so it'd take a lot more force than that to damage them." She snaked her fingers under the bird's wing to scratch its side, remembering how a pet shop worker had done that with a parrot and how the bird had loved it. And if the way the crow had closed his eyes and leaned his head against her chest, he liked it just as much as the parrot had.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Wed May 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Dupree nodded, but still mentally told the bird not to peck. The order wasn't really needed because the bird was distracted by Shade's scratching. Dupree calmly continued walking as the birds on his shoulders began to crawl into his mouth and disappear into feathers.

"So, Shade, when did you first find out you were a witch? I discovered I could use magic when I as just a small child. Perhaps around the age of five." Dupree asked casually. Dupree knew of harbingers, but because the way he was raised he came to believe that people with harbinger powers were witches. They were simply more in tune with magic and blessed with a power at birth. He knew that the god and goddess had chosen the people who had gotten their powers for a reason, whatever that reason might be.

"Oh yes...if anyone asks if you've seen me...please tell them you haven't. I don't mean any disrespect, but I'd like to keep the legend of this graveyard alive and frightening. he said meekly.

Shortly after her response they reached the heavy metal gate that was the entrance to the graveyard. The gates were easy enough for Dupree to open and close when they'd both gone past. He locked the gates and whispered a short protective spell for the protection of the graveyard until his return before turning back to Shade to give her his attention again.

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed May 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Her steps faltered a bit at his question. Witch? What? She looked at GD in confusion. "I'm sorry, but what? I'm not a witch; I'm a harbinger. I have a mutation, not magic," she said, her tone showing her confusion. Thinking about it though, she could see where someone could see it as magic, especially with the odd energies that harbingers could harness that scientists couldn't really even measure.

Shrugging a little, Shade spoke again. "We found out my restitution before I knew what my power was - and that's something that I've been discovering more of as time goes on. I'm sure my parents knew my res early on, but with my uncle we didn't find out until I was seven. The first time I consciously affected my power though, I was eight. And found out a new use, and pretty important one at that, when I was thirteen."

When they were on the sidewalk outside, she just watched GD lock up before agreeing to his request. She didn't see it as something that could hurt and would actually reassure her new friend.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Fri May 17, 2013 9:34 am

Dupree listened to her and raised an eyebrow curiously. "Well, if mutation is what you wish to call your gift you are free to do so, but I will continue to believe that it is magic which allows me to create my familiars. Magic that comes from the god and goddess." He said taking a glance upwards towards the crescent moon. Sadly due to amount of light pollution there were no visible stars in the sky, but that didn't ruin the wonder of the moon for Dupree.

Dupree knew he was out later than he normally was and his sister was going to ask him about what took him so long to come home; but this time, as opposed to other nights, he'd have something good to share with her.

After she'd told him about when she discovered her power he looked at her. "Oh? What use might your power have? You've already seen my gift." he said with a small smile. He knew he was procrastinating from going home and sending Shade off, but it was nice to have a conversation with someone other than his sister. After a while speaking to the same person led to a staleness of conversation.

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri May 17, 2013 3:26 pm

She smiled a bit shyly at him then fixed her goggles, covering her eyes again. "I can manipulate shadows," Shade said before lifting a hand and pulling the shadows to her, giving the street a surreal quality as the light was allowed to fill corners that had been dark for hours. Letting go of them again, she used her own to twist and solidify into a curved, vine-like structure that she then set the crow still on her arm on.

"I can only make simple things though, nothing with moving parts," she added on, looking up at him and wondering how he was going to react. He hadn't in any of the ways she normally saw or had experienced so she really didn't know what to expect. The only thing she was fairly sure of was that he wouldn't suddenly attack her. But then, for all she knew, his views on magic could see her control over shadows as something evil. She just really hoped that wouldn't be the case because she was enjoying his easy acceptance of her.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupree Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 am

Dupree was amazed to see the shadows move at Shade's command. He could say he'd seen strange things, but this was a bit unexpected even to him. He watched as the shadows moved back and then how she made a vine for his crow to perch on. Needless to say he was more surprised the second time. She'd made shadows into something solid.

He watched her for a few seconds before he laughed. "Interesting how you can call a gift such as your a mutation. To be able to control such a force with your mind is surely a work of magic in the eyes of many." Dupree said with a smile. Of course that belied some of his inner emotions.

While her magic was of dark origin it did not mean that she was an evil person. Magic is magic and only the user made it good or evil. If she were evil she might've killed the kids that offended her, but she didn't. He doubted that she had full control over her powers, because darker magics often weren't completely controllable by anyone who claims power over them.

He'd be sure to discuss this with his sister later and get her opinion on the girl, but for now he was going to remain kind and calm. The girl had done it because he'd asked after all and he knew condemning the girl for it would be foolish not only because of the emotional pain he might cause, but also because her power was dangerous and he didn't want to end up fighting her.

"Well, it was a pleasure meeting you Shade," he paused momentarily as his last crow; the one on her vine; finally disappeared into his mouth. "but I fear that I have to go now. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the graves again though. Have a safe trip home."

Dupree
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 am

She shifted a little when he just stared at her, starting to wonder if she had made the wrong decision in showing him what she saw as the simplest things she could do. But then he was laughing and she was able to relax again, giving him her normal shy smile.

Oh, right, it was getting late, wasn't it? "It was nice to meet you too," she said, offering another smile that was a bit more confident. "And thank you. I'll be fine." She waved a little before turning and starting down the street, putting her hands in her pockets and humming softly. Her mood was pretty high after finding someone else she got along well with. Hopefully that wasn't something that changed, especially since she did visit the cemetery as often as she did.

Well, since she was on her way home, she supposed she could be nice to the guys and stop to pick up dinner. There was that Chinese place they all liked that was open late and was on the way home. Actually, that sounded like a good idea since she still couldn't cook (though she hadn't blown up anything since that time at Kier's over six months ago) and Felix could never be bothered.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down