THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Shade] Black and Red [Flara]

2 posters

Go down

[Shade] Black and Red [Flara] Empty [Shade] Black and Red [Flara]

Post by Flara Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Graffiti. Graffiti everywhere. There was more graffiti on the walls of the East District than there were homeless people on the streets in the South District. Seriously, it wasn’t even funny.

Flara walked aimlessly on the sidewalk, brightly colored words surrounding her. The graffiti was really starting to piss her off. For God’s sake, the girl liked fighting, not writing cuss words on people’s walls. That was just annoying as hell.

Flara looked around for a graffiti-free building as she walked and failed to see the hooded person in front of her. BAM! That was the sound of two heads colliding.

“Shit,” Flara muttered as she stumbled a few steps back due to the collision. That girl (or was it a guy?) had a freaking iron skull. Flara rubbed her throbbing forehead before looking at the person in front of her. “Sorry.”

…Everyone was (literally) bumping into Flara these days, huh?
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

[Shade] Black and Red [Flara] Empty Re: [Shade] Black and Red [Flara]

Post by Shade Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Shade huffed, dropping her head somewhat to avoid looking at most of the graffiti. As interesting as it normally was, this street was a bit bright and some of the neon colors carried through her goggles and were starting to give her a headache. Maybe she'd detour into the alleys now, instead of later. Even though it would take longer to get to a new area for her to learn, it would spare her the needles against the backs of her eyeballs.

She was just lifting her head to decide the best alley when she walked right into someone.

Cursing, she staggered back a couple of steps, hands going up to her eye as she bent over a bit. She didn't know who she had walked into, but damn did they get the side of her goggles good, jamming it back against her face. That was going to bruise great and she just knew she wouldn't hear the end of it. And she definitely had that headache now.

Hearing the apology, Shade looked up again. Recognizing the girl in front of her, she stiffened in surprise, one hand dropping while the other stayed over her eye. "No, I wasn't looking where I was going," she replied, being much more aware of what people had told her and she had learned in regards to human interaction. She definitely didn't want to have to deal with someone else yelling at her for something she couldn't help.

Last edited by PsychoWing on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Ouch, goggles. That had to hurt pretty badly. “I wasn’t either,” Flara said quickly as a response to the other female’s words. “Anyways, I’m Flara. Nice to meet you.”

“Hey, you two! You’re blocking the way to the alley. Move it.” a thug told the girls. A huge group of brutes stood behind him but that sure wouldn’t stop Flara. She narrowed her eyes at the muscular man, giving them a death glare. “Like hell I’m going to follow your orders. I won’t move. Just try and make me.”

“You little brat! Fine, I will!”
The thug threw a punch at Flara, who removed her duo steel pipes from her sack to block. The sound of bone hitting steel rang in the air as if to declare that the fight had started.

Flara swung one of her pipes at the man’s jaw, successfully knocking out a tooth or two. With her other pipe, she made an attempt to jab him in the stomach, only to have her wrist grabbed by a meaty hand. “...Let go of me,” she muttered in a deadpan voice. “Hah? Speak up, girly.” “I said to let go of me!” Flara snapped as she yanked her wrist away and gave the guy a powerful kick in the crotch. He doubled over in pain, moaning. The others that had been with this thug surrounded the two girls. “…If you want, you can get out of this…?” Flara offered to the other female in an unsure voice.
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Shade frowned slightly at the other girl's, Flara's, introduction. Did she not remember that they had already met? As she was going to respond, some guy spoke over her, bitching about the alley. Taking a quick glance, she saw that they really weren't in the way and the alley was wide enough that it didn't matter much anyway. So, obviously, they were just looking to start shit - which was just pathetic considering the number of them compared to just the two girls.

Shade blinked at their exchange, shaking her head at the man's stupidity. It wasn't like it was hard to have seen the steel pipes, but obviously he had underestimated the other brunette. She turned slightly, keeping an eye on the rest of the men. They looked surprised that Flara was beating the crap out of him.

When they surrounded the girls and Flara offered her an out, Shade snorted, reaching for her bracelet. "You don't think they'd actually let me leave, do you?" she asked, not bothering to voice that she wouldn't have left Flara alone anyway, even if she still wasn't quite sure of the other girl. She shifted her weight and let the wire in her hands uncoil at her feet.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:33 pm

“Not by choice at least,” Flara responded, a violent grin sliding onto her face as the other girl prepared her weapon. “But I’m sure that you’d be able to−” “You two bitches ready to die now?” one of the men interrupted. Annoyance flashed in the girl's amber eyes. “No, but I’m guessing that you are.”

In an instant, both steel pipes made contact with either side the guy’s jaw line. Flara brought her weapons down to the floor and used them as a booster to jump up. Down came her foot on the enemy’s head; a heel drop kick. Two down, one army to go.

The group of men split in half, both clusters surrounding one of the girls. They held various weapons, ranging from baseball bats to oversized shears. From looking at their eyes, Flara could tell that some of them were Harbingers.

Actually, this was pretty pitiable. They needed a whole gang to fight two girls? The brunette didn’t hesitate to voice her thoughts. “Harbingers or not, you guys must suck pretty badly if you can’t even take on the two of us without an entire mob.”

“...Don’t screw with me! I don’t even need a weapon to beat some little girl like you!” roared the man closest to Flara. Trying to prove his point, he shoved his knife at another guy (nearly chopping off the poor male’s fingers) and threw a clumsy punch at her face. Flara easily stepped out of the way, causing the man to hit one of his comrades instead.

“…Kill her!”
another guy shouted. Men charged at Flara from all directions.

Last edited by Flara on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Shade honestly hadn't cared all that much about what was going on, until the one stupid fuck called them both bitches, then it kind of pissed her off. It seemed to be the one insult that she heard the most and it honestly aggravated her. Yes, they were female but neither one of them even remotely looked like canines. That wasn't to say she didn't use it on occasion, it just wasn't one she used that often. Calling someone a fuck was much more emphatic and made her feel a little better.

Eying the men who surrounded her, Shade shifted warily. They were far enough back at the moment that she could use her weights to take out some of them, but if they got too close or the wire got caught on anything, then she'd be down to attempting hand to hand (which she was horrible at) or using her mutation.

Sidestepping one lunge, she smacked the guy in the temple with the blunted weight, making sure to do it right this time and knock him out. With an annoyed huff, she shifted one foot back and, with a quick jerk of her arms, started spinning both weights in tight circles, lashing out whenever one of them got too close.

This would work for a little, but she could do it for only so long.

"...Kill her!"

Some confused glances told Shade that the men weren't sure which her was being referred to before they shrugged and charged as well, quickly getting too close for the weights to be of any use and she couldn't exactly ask them to wait while she used the garrote on them one at a time.

"Well, shit."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Flara Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Flara soon began to regret all of this. The thugs just. Would. Not. Stop. Coming. It was all just one stupid pattern: The thugs swing whatever weapon they had at Flara, trying to show their nonexistent skill. Flara would block some, parry some, and knock them down. K.O. Boring.

“Ugh, I’ll just end this right now,” the brunette muttered to herself. Deciding to go a little fancy, she jumped and threw her pipes as high up into the air as she could, the way her mother had taught her to do so with batons. Her hands free now, Flara went in for some good old-fashioned punching. Of course, she had to throw in some kicks as well, or she’d never finish in time to catch her weapons no matter how far above the ground she threw them.

The thugs lay on the floor all around Flara, like a bunch of dead flies. She’d received some damage as well: a punch to the stomach, two nicks to her left knee, and numerous scratches all over her hands. So much for getting through this unharmed.

Flara jumped up to catch her makeshift batons and landed back on the ground. Her stunt was completed. Or… Not. Flara only held a pipe in her right hand. Her left hand was empty. A rapidly spinning tube of steel was headed toward her temporary comrade. Shit.

“MOVE MOVE MOVE!” Flara yelled at the hooded girl. The pipe flew past her, barely missing her by a few centimeters and instead whacking a few thugs around her in the face. The enemies turned to stare at Flara, hopefully giving an opening.

“Hurry!”

Flara whipped around and scanned the people on the ground. She had heard that loud whisper. Eventually, her amber eyes locked on a rather wimpy looking dude who was apparently playing dead. And had a cell phone clutched in his hand. Like hell Flara was going to let him call for help.

“Yeah, right!” Flara roared, her one weapon coming down in a stabbing motion at the guy. To anyone watching, it probably looked like she was a crazy woman who was about to puncture the poor sap’s face. But, no, she was aiming for the phone; the phone which gave a satisfying crackle when it came in contact with a steel pipe.

Out of nowhere, a foot made contact with the brunette’s back, sending her staggering forward and dropping to her knees. She was too late; the backup was already here.

Spoiler:
Flara
Flara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Shade cursed vividly under her breath. Wow, this was a monumentally bad idea. The way things were going, she was going to need use her power in a big way rather than the small knives she had in each hand, regardless of Flara's presence. And considering the number of thugs, it would tap her reserves for a while - a couple of hours at the least. But, if that was her only choice, it was her only choice.

Suddenly having “MOVE MOVE MOVE!” screamed at her made Shade jerk in surprise. Which turned out to be a good thing as a steel pipe went flying past her face.

Taking the pause for what it was - a chance to catch her breath - Shade shot a quick glance around to see how many were still standing. Apparently they had backup, one of which just knocked Flara to her knees.

I joined Oblivion, not Solstice. What the fuck? And where the hell are they coming from?!

She had had enough. Using a gentle tendril, Flara was tugged forward a little. Now that the other girl was safely under where her attack would go, Shade let the knives fade as she crossed her arms at the wrist and gathered a sizable chunk of energy. Throwing her hands out again, a black wave, for lack of a better word, coalesced at around waist height and swept out, throwing men around like rag dolls.

Breathing heavily, Shade sank to her knees. "We should probably get out of here now," she gasped, re-coiling her bracelet with lightly shaking hands. "But I'm going to need help walking." And she really hoped that the other girl would be thankful enough to help her instead of just leaving her here.

~~~ ABANDONED ~~~
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down