THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, that escalated quickly - Andrew, Ceara [complete]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Well, that escalated quickly - Andrew, Ceara [complete] - Page 2 Empty Re: Well, that escalated quickly - Andrew, Ceara [complete]

Post by Ceara Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:07 am

"Anyway, sorry again for the coffee. And for bothering you. I'll let you keep running away now. I know it's what I'm going to do. I had just hoped for someone to run with."

Ceara nodded and shifted her weight to the left, the fight suddenly leaving her body. “I’m sure you’ll find that someone one day. That someone just isn’t me, I guess. We’re a lot alike, but sometimes, well, most of the time, that isn’t a good thing.” She took a couple steps backwards, down the alley, and gave him a smile. A sad, small one, but a smile nonetheless. “For what it’s worth though - and whether you believe me or not - I really did have fun, before I opened my mouth.”

With that, she turned around and ran to the end of the alley, turning the corner onto a familiar street before slowing to a walk. You're the first person I've found who is just like me. Ceara couldn’t help but frown. She had said something like that too, didn’t she? And yes, they were similar in a few ways - like how they viewed the people. But Andrew handled it so much differently than she did. Whereas she wore her smile like a mask, he was genuine, the type that smiled because they could shove all the bad things to the back of their mind. Andrew was a guy that was supposed to be happy. No matter what he said about how terrible the world was, he was still cheerful, optimistic that there were still some decent people to trust.

Ceara, on the other hand, didn’t just not trust people; she was terrified of relying on anyone for anything. It was only a matter of time before her best friend left her, and after that, she would be alone.

And she was just going to have to deal with that.

Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Well, that escalated quickly - Andrew, Ceara [complete] - Page 2 Empty Re: Well, that escalated quickly - Andrew, Ceara [complete]

Post by Andrew Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 am

“For what it’s worth though - and whether you believe me or not - I really did have fun, before I opened my mouth.”

Andrew scoffed, turning away, not willing to watch her run away. But he couldn't so easily block the sound of someone else showing him he just wasn't good enough, no matter what she said. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he started down the street, moving in a completely new direction.

What was it about him that chased people away? Was he so tainted and damaged now from what he had to do just to survive that others could see it in him and made them decide that he just wasn't worth it?

Sighing, he shook his head. There wasn't any point in dwelling on it. It wasn't like he could change her mind or make things different. That was the thing with people, they always made their own choices with their own reasons, for better or worse. It just happened that most people were selfish and only showed that side - the rest hid it behind smiles and kind words.

Lips twisting in displeasure, Andrew forced himself into a run. The best way to get his mind off of anything was to lose himself in the run. Now if only he could outrun the pain instead of just drowning it under adrenaline. That was all he was good at.

Right, left, right, left.

((end))
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2