THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under the Mistletoe [Alin, Ceara]

2 posters

Go down

Under the Mistletoe [Alin, Ceara] Empty Under the Mistletoe [Alin, Ceara]

Post by Alin Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 am

The blind boy smiled in disbelief, reaching up to fit his scarf tighter. He wanted to feel it. He needed to feel it. In exchange for his touch, he gained an exceptional talent of touch. That and what most people claimed to be much more valuable—the heart of gold. Without sight, everything became more difficult. But, in exchange, he received a touch. A touch that would make fingers tremble. He had a touch that one would tremble for. A touch of danger—one full of the emotions that could not escape through his eyes. There are many fragile things. People break very easily. And so did dreams. And so didhearts. His lungs inflated with the onrush of scenery—air, snow, trees. “This is what it is to be happy.” The words escaped under his breath as he continued dodging the street left and right. People were so distracted to even notice his bracelet. His folded cane in his pocket. In truth, he didn't need them. He had the touch. Alin shrugged it off. It wasn't easy for him. The sheer fact that he was different—in terms of vision—was a deal breaker for most people. It wasn't obvious up front, but as soon as they noticed his bracelet. The one notifying them of his disability. Or seeing the folded cane he carried around in his backpack. Well, that was when he was treated differently. He was treated as if he was a fragile vase. No one wanted to come near him. No one wanted to touch him. All they did was look without sudden movements in fear that if they did, he would break. But he was as normal as they were. He was a normal person.

Alin made his way to his father's residency, which he had a key to, but almost immediately he noticed his father through the upstairs window--brimmed with joy and delight for an unknown reason to Alin. He turned to see his father—his only parent. Raven clad with matching locks, he did the usual thing. He had a heartwarming smile, a filling chuckle; all despite the passing of his only love. It was a sense of relief unlike any other to see his father in such an uppity mood recently, however. While tired, it seemed to disappear when in the presence of his only son. His only family. He was more than joyous to take care of Alin as a child. The sense of responsibility never seemed to burden him. His disability seemed to make their bond stronger. Alin had to trust his father. In turn, he learned to trust him. But, in this process, they weren't able to learn how to trust anyone else. This skill was difficult for them both and it was slowly evolving into something greater. But, it also wasn't going to come without invitation.

Putting the thought behind him, Alin brought his key from his left pocket and turned the latch and following, the knob. As soon as he stepped through the door, he noticed the presence of a woman--or at least he thought it was a woman--clad and seemingly in a hurry. It obviously couldn't be his mother. The sheer thought of his father seeing another woman was insanely foreign. Usually nonchalant when it comes to gang activity--since his father was a lying politician anyway--Alin didn't even bother questioning the girl on it. But, he still refused allowing her to exit. Instead of letting her pass, he pointed up.

"If I'm not mistaken, there's a mistletoe right there."

In a place far away from anyone or anywhere, he drifted off for a moment. He was in dedicated relationship, but he was in the Christmas spirit. It was a holiday tradition. And if anything, he saw his girlfriend as an understanding type. So long as no strings remained attached, she would be fine...hopefully. With that thought confirmed by himself in the back of his mind, it became the least of his worries, and the male's attention noted back to the young woman in front of him that he refused to let stroll into Mordor.

"I'm waiting."
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Under the Mistletoe [Alin, Ceara] Empty Re: Under the Mistletoe [Alin, Ceara]

Post by Ceara Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:17 am

“It’s been a pleasure, Mr. Lugae, and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.”

Bright smile plastered on her face, Ceara stood, accepting the offered hand and giving it a firm shake. It was a shame, really, that someone had paid Solstice to get information off the politician. The man was pleasant, and surprisingly honest, at least for a politician. She wasn’t going to dwell on the immorality of posing as an interviewer to pry the information from him; given what Solstice did and her position in it, as well as her power, she was probably going to have to get used to this sort of thing.

She sighed and made her way down the stairs, wanting nothing more to get back home and get out of the stiff, ‘work’ clothes she was forced to wear. Not to mention the fucking heels. Ceara would burn the bloody things if they didn’t cost her a full mission’s pay.

"If I'm not mistaken, there's a mistletoe right there."

Son of a – Ceara abruptly stopped, nearly crashing into the male in front of her. Lost in her thoughts as she was, she didn’t notice the boy open the door. Her eyes followed his finger up, and she stared blankly at the leaves before dropping her gaze to him. This was the son, then; she had seen his picture occasionally in his father’s file. Blind, harbinger-

“I’m waiting.”

She blinked, glaring up at the offending plant above them. “Haha, that’s a funny joke, Lugae.” A step forward, but Alin did not budge. “Oh jeez, you're serious. No, seriously, let me get out.”

Last edited by Ceara on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:48 am

Waiting patiently for the Christmas tradition, the male was entirely surprised upon the rejection he received an how the girl perceived it.

“Haha, that’s a funny joke, Lugae.”

He blinked slowly and surely--as if it made a difference--while a sigh forced it's way through his lips as the artificial redhead attempted to comprehend the lack of spirit and enthusiasm that most seemed to have around this particular time of year. He himself should have been spending the moment with his girlfriend, but seeing as the two had a very different relationship and bickered silently often, it wasn't out of the ordinary for the two to be separated for large time periods during the holiday seasons. Adding to the amusement of the situation--they lived together and met during the Christmas season. Alin was able to predict her most probable thoughts about situations, but not always the actions they would cause her to do. She was very, for lack of a better word, unique. But if Alin decided to, perhaps, play with another female, he knew she wouldn't like or agree with it. But, his significant other wouldn't take it hard or to heart-- knowing it was only for a joke or that Alin had no feelings. She could see his feelings whenever she pleased and there was no hiding it. Being with her was the equivalent to judgement day and the lord was holding onto Alin by nothing more than a thin thread.

Alin's attention was sidetracked before it had even been allowed to set course. This girl--whoever she is--took his demand as a lighthearted joke. Alin was appalled. It was the season to be merry, and yet she couldn't play along even for a minute. The mistletoe had years of history an tradition behind it, and yet she flat out denied. A usually happy, or if not, always content person, Alin was unusually brought down by the situation. But, then again, sadness is being under the usual line of happiness. So, he was still pretty happy.

“Oh jeez, you're serious. No, seriously, let me get out.”

"I was serious," the male mumbled over his breath to make sure his words were heard with a particular tone and attitude. He wasn't as mad as he was sad, but he wasn't nearly as sad as he was insulted. But that still isn't saying much. In short, he was insulted and confused of why the snow-haired woman in front of him didn't perceive him as worthy of her affection. Or even if that wasn't the case, why she was here and in such a worry to get out. He could care less about the second action an was much rather concerned with the first.

"Oh, right I understand. I'm just so attractive that your self-esteem plummeted into the depths of hell. Is that it?" He yawned, stretching his right arm over to extend across the hallway so that his hand lay against the wall--blockading the girl from escape.

"Maybe you're just afraid of kissing me because I'm handicapped. That makes me sad," he spoke in faux whine before continuing, "Have you even kissed anyone in your lifetime, I mean, what kind of person has that reaction? I highly doubt many guys have ever taken you on nice dates."

Last edited by Alin on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:50 pm

"Oh, right I understand. I'm just so attractive that your self-esteem plummeted into the depths of hell. Is that it?"

Ceara stiffened when her way out was blocked by an arm, and her hand twitched, itching to simply curl up in a fist and slam it into his smug, smug face. But no, doing that to a known politician’s son in the house of that very politician was just an absolutely fantastic way to get arrested. And she really didn’t want that to happen, especially since she wasn’t who she said she was around here. So the girl kept her impulses under control, remaining still and silent while waiting for him to finish chattering on.

"Maybe you're just afraid of kissing me because I'm handicapped. That makes me sad. Have you even kissed anyone in your lifetime, I mean, what kind of person has that reaction? I highly doubt many guys have ever taken you on nice dates."

Arrogant son of a bitch. “Yes, I have kissed people, and my lack of a social life is a choice, not because people don’t offer.” Yeah, so much for staying quiet. Ceara didn’t mean to let that slip though, but whatever. The redhead was pissing her off. Her hand shot up and grabbed the wrist in front of her, not hard enough to hurt but firmly enough to make a statement. “Don’t flatter yourself. What you look like or your handicap does not mean anything to me. I just don’t make a habit of kissing people I don’t know, tradition be damned.” She huffed and removed her hand, crossing her arms over her chest. “I wasn’t even aware people still used mistletoe. Now please," she injected as much fake sweetness into the single syllable as she could, "just let me leave. It’s been a long day and I’m tired as hell.”

Last edited by Ceara on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 pm

At this point, the male was fully aware of his arrogant facade and could only imagine the line of inappropriate violence going through her head dye to her frustration at the male who wouldn't allow her to leave. It was a completely fake show, of course. The male was more interested in the woman's responses and actions towards the situation. It was insanely clear that she was frustrated and well, that was when his better judgement took over.

“Yes, I have kissed people, and my lack of a social life is a choice, not because people don’t offer.”

Alin was somewhat astonished to hear her release the statement regarding her lack of social life. Even though he'd never say it flat out, she was a beautiful young woman. And he thought she at least deserved more. The male found himself too deep in the abyss of thought to be startled by the sudden placement of her hand on his wrist. “Don’t flatter yourself. What you look like or your handicap does not mean anything to me. I just don’t make a habit of kissing people I don’t know, tradition be damned.” That was certainly the least cheerful way to look at the "most wonderful" time period of the year. The more he sat there, the more the male' s mood seemed to dampen. It was as if every statement she made sent him staggering a step into depression. And he wasn't going to easily allow that to happen.

“I wasn’t even aware people still used mistletoe. Now please, just let me leave. It’s been a long day and I’m tired as hell.”

Alin still sat there and his eyes were locked onto the eyes ahead of him as if he could see. It was a nice effect to give off as the male refused to move his arm from in front of the hallway. He sighed lightly, "Well, then, what have you got to loose. Let me make your day a little longer." A light smile unwillingly took place on his face as he removed his arms and placed them behind his head. He turned around, resulting to elementary tactics in order to introduce the woman to a wonderful portion of her day. He took a deep breath, "Ifyouwanttogoonadatewithalinsaywhat, he mumbled heavily under his breath, hoping that the little bit of immature strategy would work in his favor. If not, he could always blackmail her until she'd agree.

Abruptly, the echo of footsteps on marble stairs and a loud chuckle gradually came closer to the pair. Mr.Lugae came before the pair, striking his son on the back with a heavy, fatherly pat as he continued to chuckle. "I see you've met my son, eh? Quite the man if I do say so myself. Why don't you two go have a good time? I'll explain to his girlfriend. I'll say it's business. I'm sure she'll understand." That would work, too. Alin turned to the woman and offered out his hand. "Well, then, he smirked lightly at the inability to resist the girl would have. He figured she already had a facade to keep up when she was conversing with his father. A sweet, pleasant one. His father was a dear idiot, but that wasn't the most important thing to him at the moment. If anything, being rejected, Alin wasn't above begging on his knees or clinging to her legs until she agreed. Embarrassment didn't exist in his mind.

As a final enhancement he offered, "We can go shopping first. I'll buy you an outfit. I know how uncomfortable you must feel." He was practically making himself out to be a host club. But if it was to be the highlight of her day, then why not.

Last edited by Alin on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:11 pm

What the hell was with this guy and insisting that she spend some time with him? She didn’t understand what the big deal was about the mistletoe, or why the hell he was so upset because she had refused to kiss him. Maybe no one ever wanted to kiss him because he was blind? Ceara discarded that idea immediately. This kind of arrogance, fake or not, didn’t stem from a lack of attention. She inched towards the now unobstructed space besides the redhead, but stopped when a jumbled mess of words hit her ears. “What?” And then her brain finally made sense of what he said and she blinked, wondering if he was serious. Resorting to such a childish method to get her to agree to go on a date with her? Seriously? “You can’t honestly believe that that actually means any-“ Ceara’s next words were stopped by the appearance of the boy’s father. She immediately straightened from the slightly aggressive stance she had unconsciously slipped into.

"I see you've met my son, eh? Quite the man if I do say so myself. Why don't you two go have a good time? I'll explain to his girlfriend. I'll say it's business. I'm sure she'll understand."

Ceara’s eyes flitted between Alin’s smirking face and his father’s smiling, clueless one and groaned inwardly, wondering if she could escape this very uncomfortable situation by simply smashing a window and jumping out of it. She couldn’t say no, and Alin knew it. Bastard. Saying no now, when the man asked her directly, would only be rude. And she had already painted herself as a sweet, polite young lady to the politician. Besides, she doubted making any excuses would work with Alin.

"We can go shopping first. I'll buy you an outfit. I know how uncomfortable you must feel."

She plastered a smile on her face and nodded, taking the offered hand. Maybe she could lose him while they were in the store.

Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:38 pm

“What?”

The male stifled a laugh at the statement she made, but wasn't able to respond in time for his father's approach and suggestions. As he sat back and watched the interviewer fall into the persona she introduced to his father prior to their meeting, a smug smirk took his face and didn't bother budging a single bit. When he felt the woman's hand lie in his own, the male let out a sign of relief that sounded more like a sigh of triumph. He waved off his father and dragged the girl out the door with him. As soon as they reached the exist, he released her hand and yawned a bit.

"Now, was that really so hard?"

He smiled lightly before unfolding his cane and tapping it around as if he needed to. A few random pulses here and there on the sidewalk was enough to convince anyone. The only people who could tell he was faking would be the blind themselves and well--they're blind. He would have tried to keep a conversation going on their walk, but he figured the girl was a bit more than pissed off by the situation she was forced into. With due time, though, he hoped to ease her out of it and into--at minimum--contentment. He lead her outside of the neighborhood and to a nearby outlet mall in the district square.

Without the slighest bit of knowing which shops were which or what shops females liked, for that matter, Alin swayed momentarily before speaking, "Well, it's all on you, now. I--uh...hope this is a good start; buying you clothing. Women like clothing, do they not?"
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:20 am

Ceara let out a small yelp of surprise when she was yanked towards the door by the strangely sure-footed blind man. She stumbled as she followed him, swearing under her breath at the shoes on her feet, wondering why any sane person would want to wear the damn things. “Now, was that so hard?” The girl chose not to dignify his question with a verbal response, choosing to send the best glare she could muster at the back of his red head. She knew very well that he couldn’t possibly see the expression, but it still made her feel better to do it.

She blinked at the store fronts when they reached the mall. There were… a lot of them. Ceara knew this was probably nothing in comparison to what was in the Acropolis, but still… Compared to the South this was… "Well, it's all on you, now. I--uh...hope this is a good start; buying you clothing. Women like clothing, do they not?"

The red head’s voice brought her mind back to her current situation, and she frowned. “Maybe women like your girlfriend,” she couldn’t help but remind him of the fact that he was taken. This girlfriend was unlikely to be very happy that her significant other was offering to buy clothes for another female. “But I’ve personally never really seen the appeal.” All of this was completely unnecessary. There was no point in buying more clothes than you needed to, just for the sake of ‘fashion’, or whatever. It wasn’t as if Ceara had the excess money to spend on luxuries like that. Just the bare minimum, for her. Though she couldn’t help but have her eye caught by a pair of boots sitting in the display window of a nearby shop. She had been in need for a new pair for a while… Would she be a terrible person if she allowed Alin to buy the footwear for her, and then ditch him later? Probably, but… “I… probably just need some shoes, and I’ll be good.” Decision made, she started towards the shoe store, waiting for the male to catch up at the door.

Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:52 am

“Maybe women like your girlfriend,”

He figured she was irritated at the fact that his girlfriend, Sei, was unaware of his little date going on. But in all reality, she had no where to go. "Actually, she's not very materialistic, surprisingly. And in case you were wondering; she's stuck with me. She's my arranged fiancée." Knowing Sei, she wouldn't be happy about the situation he was in, but at the same time, even if they weren't arranged to marry each other, she wouldn't become so frustrated as to leave Alin or even cause a big ruckus about it. She would never admit it, but she loved him too much to do anything so drastic.

“But I’ve personally never really seen the appeal.”

The male cocked his head momentarily at her statement before realizing he knew absolutely nothing about this woman. Not even her name--which would have been a good start instead of the mistletoe. "I'm Alin, if you weren't aware. May I get your name?" Introducing himself kept him from questioning about her financial situation and past. But, that was none of his business, and surely the question would receive a negative response. It was an objective not to piss off the young woman anymore.

“I… probably just need some shoes, and I’ll be good.”

"So quick to change your mind, eh?" He chuckled lightly at her sudden take off in the direction of the shop window holding whatever pair of shoes that struck her fancy. He waited for her to retrieve her size and color and any other option that came available and meanwhile, pulled out his wallet and gently slid his thumb across the braille on several cards inside before choosing the one in the top pocket and waiting at the cash register. "I know we didn't get off to a great start...is it too late to apologize?"
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 am

She frowned slightly at his mention of an arranged marriage. Assuming they knew each other from childhood... Knowing that you were stuck with the same person for your entire life was something Ceara couldn't even begin to imagine. Fathers and mothers and siblings she could understand, but being forced towards one person and away from any possibly better people was just not fair, in her opinion. Then again, it was rare for that kind of shit to happen in the south anyway. Most of the people were too hungry to worry about who they were goig to marry. The two districts were much more different than she thought. "I would say I'm sorry, but," she looked directly at him then, focusing slightly, "You seem to be okay with the entire thing." Resigned to his fate or legitimately content with his situation though, she couldn't decide.

Ceara made quick work of finding her size and took it to the counter. She thanked him as he paid for the shoes and, quickly taking the boots out of the box, sat down, kicked off her heels to replace them with her new shoes, and sighed in relief as she stood. She dropped the heels into the box with a satisfied huff and closed it, holding it out for the red head. "Hold this for me and I might forgive you. Maybe." She laughed softly, but then frowned when she remembered the question about her name. "Sara," she muttered, after a small hesitation. She hated lying about her name, but she definitely couldn't tell him her real name nor her alias, and Sara was close enough to her real name that she would respond. Plus, it was the one she gave Alin's father. A different one would raise suspicions.

Last edited by Ceara on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Rather than even commenting on the girl's words regarding his marriage, Alin pondered the reasons she would have such a negative connotation with the topic. He realized that it wasn't normal to be arranged into a marriage, but he considered himself very lucky to have her since he genuinely was in love with her and he was pretty sure the feeling was mutual. "I fell for her like suicide from a bridge, " he chuckled lightly under his breath--not even particularly speaking to her, but just reminding himself.

He stood idle as the girl removed her shoes and hopped from foot to foot in the process. He was lost in his own nothingness and hadn't been brought fully back to the planet until a box was suddenly placed into his hands.

"Hold this for me and I might forgive you. Maybe."

"Just lie after lie," he had a grand faux shit-eating grin placid on his face. His seismic sense was able to latch onto physiological changes and tell whether or not a person is lying, but he didn't even need to result to such a technique in order to know that her words weren't true. He just had a feeling it wasn't anywhere on Sara's agenda to forgive him so easily. She had such a brute personality, for a lack of better words.

The male let out a big sigh--a noticeable rise and fall occurring in his shoulders. "I'm not exactly sure what you like to do, but since we have a good amount of daylight left, I figured we could go ice skating, or make a snowman, or take a baking class...I know for sure I'd like to take you out to dinner," he paused momentarily, thinking of all of the possibilities he just listed, "I hope you don't mind, but I'm a bit nostalgic and I love reminding people of the more enjoyable, simple childhood memories."
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:57 pm

“I guess you’re lucky, then,” she murmured, walking around in a small circle to get used to the new leather. “I’d imagine most people in arranged marriages aren’t so fortunate.” From what she could tell, Alin was telling the truth – he really was in love with this girl. Though that still begged the question as to why he was taking a girl out on what was essentially a date when he was in love with another.

"I'm not exactly sure what you like to do, but since we have a good amount of daylight left, I figured we could go ice skating, or make a snowman, or take a baking class...I know for sure I'd like to take you out to dinner.” She looked back at him when he spoke, a small smirk playing at her lips at the random activities he listed. "I hope you don't mind, but I'm a bit nostalgic and I love reminding people of the more enjoyable, simple childhood memories."

Ceara nodded, though she knew he couldn’t see the motion. Nostalgic childhood memories indeed. “I can’t remember the last time I made a snowman…” There was only a vague recollection of a very small one she made with her father on the side of a street when she was very young. She smiled softly. Maybe she should ask Andrew if he wanted to make one. Seemed like something he would want to do.

She stepped out the door, holding it open for him. “Can I ask you something though? Why are you doing this, if you’re so in love with this girl of yours? You just met me.”

Last edited by Ceara on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Hearing that the girl was seemingly fine with the events he spoke up, Alin was slightly over contented. To hear that it had been so long since she had made one was what kept him back. He once again found himself wondering about the kind of past she had. Maybe she wasn't from the North. She could very well possibly been from the South--a living condition that he couldn't even fathom. Or she could have been a resident of the North who had a family that pushed her towards success and business--leaving her childhood behind her. Or she could have been anywhere within that spectrum. Or even maybe, just a plain Ebenezer Scrooge. But he wouldn't entirely know that, unless he decided to ask. But he could tell she still wasn't entirely open to the idea of, well, him.

“Can I ask you something though? Why are you doing this, if you’re so in love with this girl of yours? You just met me.”

Alin made his way through the corridors of the door and took a moment before answering her question, "Well, you seemed pretty ticked," he started before resuming, "And, it's supposedly the most wonderful time of the year. I just thought that maybe I could possibly make your day a little better. A no affection, no strings attached type of thing. He smiled lightly with an obvious warm-heart and do-good presence. It was his only honest reason. He couldn't develop feelings for anyone other than his fiancée. Reiterating on his reasoning, he added, "I don't mean any offense, but it seems like you needed a stranger to show you a good time. I mean, the chances of us meeting again are one in a million. It's nice to let loose." He tilted his head from side to side in a small little childlike motion in order to stretch out his neck before immediately heading towards a nearby outdoor ice skating rink. He made it a point to memorize directions from his GPS when he headed to a place for the first time so he wouldn't have to use it again. It was a lot easier than having to ask for directions or use it often. Despite popular belief, the boy didn't enjoy being reminded that he was blind at all. "Is skating first, okay?"
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Ceara chuckled softly to herself. So, he was one of those guys, huh. The type to be super enthusiastic about the holiday season and all that shit. This time of year really had no significance to her for a while, not since her father died. She just didn’t the time or money to celebrate it. At most, she would buy her best friend a small gift, but neither of them really cared much. But she would humor Alin, at least for a little while, nevermind that the only reason she had looked ‘ticked’ was because she just wanted to go home. He was doing this out of completely good intentions, and she was thankful for the fact that he made it clear that there were no strings attached, because, well, that was how Ceara did most things. And that was how she preferred it.

“Is skating first, okay?” She fell into step right beside him, picking up her pace so she could match his significantly longer strides.

“Yeah, that’s fine. You know this area infinitely many times better than I do, trust me. Though,” she caught sight of the rink a few blocks down, “can’t really say I know how to skate,” she finished off with a mumble. The South rarely had anything nice like that; the residents there could barely afford to feed themselves, much less spend money on something for recreational purposes. It wouldn’t be that big of a problem though, she was a pretty fast learner. She wanted to ask how he was going to skate, given his disability, but decided against it. If he brought up skating, then he must have a way to do so.

Last edited by Ceara on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:02 am

"Yeah, in all honesty, neither can I." Alin left that statement alone after nearly impulsively adding a slight hint to his replacement sense. He was sure that at this point, Sara was even more confused with the way he acted, but at this point he had made a personal goal to get a genuine smile out of the girl by the end of the day. Humiliating himself was a good way to start. Especially specifically for Sara's enjoyment with how much she probably hated him. Alin turned into the den, lightly dragging his hands along the railing for guidance. After checking out a pair of ice skates, he made his way to the nearest bench possible and pulled them onto his feet.

"So tight..." he complained, forgetting Sara was with him, he grumbled in a barely audible tone, " I can't see a thing." The male kicked around in the skates a pit in an attempt to loosen them, ans about three kicks in realized he came to no avail. Ice skates were simply restricting no matter what. As for tying them, he didn't even bother. He felt his way a single pat to the strings and with no complaint, tucked them into the sides. It was sometimes irritating how his seismic sense took care of most of his vision issues, but he still wasn't able to do the simple things.
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 pm

“Well, then, this should be very interesting.” A blind man and a girl who has no idea what she was doing on ice. This would end well. Probably with both of them falling on their asses, multiple times. Ceara rented her own pair of skates and made her way over to the same bench Alin was on, pulling off her new shoes.

“I can’t see a thing…” She blinked over at him. Of course he couldn’t see a thing, he was blind. She meant no offence to him, but it shouldn’t really be a new thing to the man. What difference did it make that he was wearing skates?

She frowned slightly when she saw him tuck in his laces though, and moved to crouch in front of him, tugging the strings out and tying them properly. “They’re just going to fall out if you leave them like that, and then you or someone else is going to trip on them and crack his head open. And I don’t want to have to explain that to your father.” She smirked and patted the top of the skates, before dragging her own over to her and tugging them on. Standing and balancing on them proved to be a challenge, and she wobbled over to the railing, holding out a hand to help Alin. True, he wasn’t exactly her most favorite person right now, but she wasn’t cruel enough to have him shuffle into the rink himself.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:11 pm

“They’re just going to fall out if you leave them like that, and then you or someone else is going to trip on them and crack his head open. And I don’t want to have to explain that to your father.”

At the feeling of the girl tying his skates securely so that he wouldn't injure himself or anyone else--more importantly not for him or them, but for her sake--brought a slight smile to his face. Despite her words, Alin could tell that the girl did care somewhere...deep, deep down in the lowest trench of her heart, if anything. He bid a simple, "Thank you," and waited momentarily before rising and running into Sara's hand. He had a slightly puzzled expression, but took her hand when he finally fathomed what was going on.

An entirely smug grin slithered across his face--cheeks puffing up to great amounts. He waited momentarily before turning to Sara's direction. "You care." He left his words at that--not wishing to derail or even backtrack the minimal progress he had made with her.

Alin waddled his way awkwardly through the labyrinth of benches and hoped that people who actually could see had a judgement well enough to avoid him since he pretty much couldn't on his own. Sara being dragged along in his hand the entire way, the male was simply trying to find his way and perhaps mask his previous statement about not being able so see. He just needed to give her more reasons to conclude his blindness without question.

Suddenly, the surface below him changed and without inertia, Alin was sent hurdling down to the grown as soon as his left foot hit the ice. The right went straight into the air and his rear was met with the burning sensation of ice--light clothing being a setback in this situation. Rather than getting up, he sat dumbfounded; a false childish frown taking place on his face.
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Ceara grumbled something incomprehensible about ‘smug bastards’ under her breath, shuffling awkwardly as she followed behind the male. Their definitions of caring must be very different, then, because she was only being polite. Weren’t people supposed to help the disabled? The girl wasn’t exactly the saintliest of beings, but that was just something that was expected of people, wasn’t it?

She blinked when the hand holding hers abruptly started to tug downwards, and only well practiced, quick reflexes allowed her to snatch back her hand, saving her from tumbling down with Alin. Her arms were thrown out to the sides in an attempt to regain her stability, and once she did, she remained completely still, fearful that the slightest movement could throw her off balance and leave her like the boy on the ice.

The girl gradually lowered her arms, straightening up slowly. A corner of her lips twisted up in a smirk at the sight of his pout. “That was remarkably graceful of you, Alin. Come on.” She reached out a hand and waited for him to take it, but soon realized he couldn’t take it if he couldn’t see it, and leaned down for his hand. Unfortunately for her, the movement threw her off the tentative balance she had so carefully recovered, and she ended up slipping, falling over the male.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 pm

He expected nothing less of Sara than to pull her hand away abruptly with feline-like reflexes. It would have been a rather portentous series of events if the both of them had tumbled to the slick surface. A never-ending cycle of pulling each other up and falling back down would have been in motion for the next few minutes—or even possibly hours.

“That was remarkably graceful of you, Alin. Come on.”

Alin sat still for a moment, figuring that the girl was holding out her hand, but he undoubtedly wasn't able to deduce where it was and began his own struggle in trying to get up. But, that also came to no avail and little movements—fearing that his hand would lie directly in the path of a young skater who wouldn't be able to stop and that would be notably painful considering the fact that his sense of touch was exceptionally stronger than any other.

"...Sara?"

A sudden weight had been placed across Alin's body. He smiled lightly, accompanied with a chuckle of the same degree and added, "And you're so graceful." But then a sudden realization came to him when he realized that they were both on the ice involuntarily. "Now...How do we get up?" At this point, he thought that maybe this wasn't exactly the best decision he had made for the night. In fact, he would have been perfectly fine with leaving and going on to something else, but he didn't wish to destroy any amount of fun Sara was having—if she was having any.
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 pm

“Oh, shut up,” she grumbled, uncomfortable with being so close to him. Not that she had a problem with him – well, she did, but she preferred her bubble of personal space to not be invaded. Ceara extracted herself from the boy, pushing her up and managing to somehow get into a sitting position.

“Now… How do we get up?”

That… was a good question. She shifted her weight, carefully moving around so she was on her knees. Thankfully her pants were rather thick, otherwise her position would be extremely irritating, against the cold, slippery ice. Alin on the other hand, couldn’t possibly be very comfortable, given how thin his clothes were. Ceara wanted to ask why the hell he was wearing clothing like that in the dead of winter, but decided against it, their current predicament a more pressing issue. “In retrospect, this wasn’t such a great idea…”

Her cheeks puffed out as she huffed, contemplating her options. She tried standing and shuffling over to the exit, but after more than a few failed attempts, forwent her dignity and scooted over to it on her ass. “I’ll be back in a second, Alin.” Making the awkward, shuffling journey back to where they left their shoes alone, Ceara released her feet from the confines of the skates and shoved them in her boots. She returned to the redhead with his shoes in hand, dropping them at the edge of the rink and calling out for him, telling him to move towards her voice.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Alin Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:32 pm

She was going to leave.

Alin had exceedingly been examining this girl and her personality since he bumped into her after walking through the doorway. Ever since she'd rejected him. He could feel her--and she was closed off. Or at least she had been before he had stuck those skates onto his feet. Feet clad in such a tight material, he had a hard time focusing on anything other than the restriction he was experiencing. The experience of true blindness. It always took him aback, situations like those. Though he'd never admit it, the reason he hated tight clothing, transportation other than by feet, and extreme weather was because he was frightened--terrified. Thus far, everyone he's met had a negative connotation for the word harbinger. Alin saw it in a positive light. He viewed it as luck--his savior.

So he sat momentarily to reflect on the most probable possibility in his head that Sara had left. She'd given up on Alin's mere attempt to bring her serendipity and just darted away at this chance.

But a slight measly smile crept about his face when he heard her voice again--declaring he do an impossible task. "I think you should just come get me," he protested before stubbornly rising to the best of his ability, clinging to the ledge--a funny sight for those prima toddlers figure skating circles around the rink. After a good minute, Alin made his way back to the den and sat at the nearest bench--pulling the skates off of his feet in an aggressive, child-like fit before making a mental note never to suggest ice skating again.
Alin
Alin
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:35 am

Ceara couldn’t help but let out a short laugh at the way he was struggling to shuffle his way over to her. He was oddly graceful normally, exceptionally so for a blind person, so to see him sliding around on the slick ice was highly amusing. "I think you should just come get me." Smirking, she shook her head, even though she knew he couldn’t see it. She wasn’t going to help him beyond calling out once in a while, he was making progress – slow, shaky progress, but it was progress – and there was really no way in hell she was going to voluntarily get back onto the rink.

The girl snorted when he finally stumbled back onto real ground, but wordlessly helped Alin back to the den. Smirk still firmly in place, Ceara returned his skates for him and gave him back his own normal shoes. He was almost childlike in his eagerness to get them back on his feet and get himself standing on solid ground again. She raised an eyebrow at this but didn’t comment, muttering a soft “Come on,” before leaving through the door.

“So I’m never going skating again,” she mumbled, echoing his thoughts from before. “And what do we do now?” Ceara had already wasted quite a while with him already, so anything she had planned for the rest of the day was useless. She might as well just go with it now. Wasn’t like he was going to let her leave, anyway.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down