THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

somewhere in the south ( trevor, shade, fye)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

somewhere in the south ( trevor, shade, fye) - Page 2 Empty Re: somewhere in the south ( trevor, shade, fye)

Post by Shade Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Shade had to grit her teeth when he started struggling. It was a close thing, but she managed to hold on to him.

"Look, I'm trying to help. I wouldn't feel right leaving you anywhere alone, especially since you're bleeding. And before you try to say that you aren't, I can smell it." She chanced a quick glance at him then looked forward again. Wow, he was stubborn. "Besides, not only is this place closer, but the only other place I can think of to take you would be where I live, which I don't think you'd be very comfortable with in the first place. And that's before you take into account that I share the place with two other guys."

Last edited by PsychoWing on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

somewhere in the south ( trevor, shade, fye) - Page 2 Empty Re: somewhere in the south ( trevor, shade, fye)

Post by Tora Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm

He gave in; he couldn’t really fight with her reasoning. His arm was hanging limply but the bleeding had stopped and it hurt considerably less than a few hours earlier. “…you can at least tell me where you’re taking me.” He felt worn out, everything that had happened to him today was starting to hit his stamina at full force. He stubbornly tried to keep himself looking not on the verge of exhaustion but he knew he was probably leaning on Shade a little more heavily.

“…And that's before you take into account that I share the place with two other guys." He raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything. “If you have other people waiting for you shouldn’t you be with them instead?” He smelled the faint scent of a bakery up ahead. The same place he visited a few days ago?
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:27 pm

“If you have other people waiting for you shouldn’t you be with them instead?”

She laughed at that, an honest and open laugh. Smirking up at him, she responded. "Nah. They won't worry until after the sun rises. Plus, I can just call them when we get there."

Catching sight of the bakery, Shade felt a trickle of relief. He wasn't fighting her anymore, but he seemed to be tiring and he wasn't exactly light to begin with.

Now, if I'm remembering right, he said to go to the side door. "Here it is," she said, nodding to the bakery as she led Trevor to the alley along the side of the building.

Reaching out with her right hand, Shade knocked three times, the sound a bit loud in the alley.

Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 pm

He practically jumped at her sudden laughter. This girl really was odd… And as cheesy as it sounded even in his head, he couldn’t remember the last time he’d ever showed such a honest and happy emotion. He looked up at the building that they were now standing before; it was indeed the same bakery even though it looked different in the dark.

“Why would this guy help us?” Sure when he had last been here he had recognized the tall store owner as a harbinger too, but even considering that most people did not want an injured stranger knocking at their door at night.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Shade resettled Trevor's arm again. "He said that harbingers are always welcome here and... if I or my friends got hungry, to come to the side door after dark," she said bobbing her head from side to side. "And while I might not be the best judge of people, he seemed nice. I mean, he actually talked to me so..."

She shrugged again, wondering what might be taking the owner. Oh, she really hoped that he was inside. It would be just her luck that the one night she came by, he'd be out, wouldn't it? She reached out to knock again.

Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:56 pm

The blond had indeed heard the first knock; he'd placed the lantern only a little while ago, and paused in the middle of toting the bins of dirty dishes back to the kitchen, setting it down on the floor and going to the door, opening it slowly--not too fast, but enough to be deliberate, looking outside and down at the two people on his doorstep.

They were both familiar--he recognized them as customers who'd come to his bakery during the daytime earlier in the week. With a sniff, he automatically ID'd the metallic tang of blood, eyes flicking over both of them to find the injuries (seemed to just be a wound on the boy's arm), and then simply said,
"Wait."

So saying, he disappeared back inside, going to a kitchen cupboard and opening it--removing a first aid kit that resembled a small packing crate, going back to the door and opening it, going out onto the stoop and sitting down, the bin next to him, and then waved them both closer.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 pm

“I see…” He was still doubtful though, the door opened up soon enough though. The blonde man was silent, looking them both over and he noticed slittled eyes almost instantly pinpoint his most obvious injury. He half expected the man to turn them away but instead he just gave one word and ducked back inside. The silent type huh?

He came back out a moment later, carrying a box with a large cross betraying its contents. He separated himself easily from Shade now, if he couldn’t walk the couple steps then he truly was useless. He managed without limping too obviously, standing in front of the man now and rolling up his sleeve with one hand to see the poor cloth bandage he had used earlier was completely soaked red with his blood.

“I’ll heal fine, I just need a change in bandage.”
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:55 am

Leaning around to watch, the lone girl stepped to the side for a better view. "That looks pretty nasty," she muttered before looking at Fye.

"Sorry about this, but I couldn't really think of anywhere to take him other than home. And that was a bit further. And in East," she said, adding things on as they occurred to her. "And would have been a complete headache." She looked at Trevor again. "Felix would never have left you alone if he figured out you were like me. And he's smart, he probably would have."

Shrugging, Shade reached a hand up to tug at a lock of her hair absently. "Oh! I never got to ask you that question. And maybe you could give your opinion too, mister...?" she tacked on, clearly aimed at Fye, before continuing without waiting for an answer. This had been bugging her for a while and she wanted to get it out. "Anyway, what is the point in whistling at a girl and saying stupid crap to her before laughing? I mean, honestly, isn't it just putting up an act to hide the fact you have certain physical issues or are trying to pretend that you're interested in said female when you're actually not interested in women at all? And what is the point in pretending that when it's perfectly obvious that you're more interested in a couple of your friends?" She huffed. "Is that a guy thing or a general human thing?"

Glancing between the two, they could see she was genuinely confused over it. And didn't that help explain how she was?

Last edited by PsychoWing on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Fye opened the first aid kit as the boy stepped closer, rolling up his sleeve to present a hasty bandage that was soaked through with drying blood; the blond gave it a sort of evaluating look before gesturing for the boy to sit down on the steps in front of him, taking out a pair of scissors from the box and cutting through the soiled bandage, wadding it up and lobbing it into a nearby trashcan, before examining the wound--it looked like it had been quite bad at some point, but was scabbed over by now. There'd been a lot of blood... Fye's eyebrows knitted together in thought as he took out a bottle of iodine, starting to gently clean the wound and surrounding area, before dabbing on a bit of antibacterial gel and wrapping it up. Had to be a healing-type mutation--there wasn't any other reasonable explanation for the amount of blood, the state it was in, and the condition of the injury.

He half-heartedly listened to the girl's rambling curiosity as he worked, finally pulling away with a,
"There" before turning his attention to the girl.

"Fye. And lack of respect." With that, he closed the first-aid kit, picking it back up and standing. "Hungry?"
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:05 pm

He silently obeyed, the steps were hard but it still felt a lot better than constantly running and moving about. He didn’t really pay too much attention to what Shade was babbling on about people he didn’t know; instead he watched the blonde man out of the corner of his eye, quickly and efficiently clean and his wound. Obviously this man had a past too if he could do all this without even blinking. And if the quiet calculating look in his eyes was anything to go by he had probably vaguely guessed at his harbinger power.

"Oh! I never got to ask you that question. And maybe you could give your opinion too, mister...?" He flicked his attention back to the girl. She went on a long rant that Trevor had a slightly hard time keeping track of what she was saying, which didn’t help since he had no clue how to answer, “I don’t….” But the other man – Fye- saved him from a question he had no clue how to respond to.

“Hungry?” Trevor stood up, putting up a declining hand, “Thanks but you’ve done enough, I can’t really afford anything either.” Technically he still had the few credits that Shade and his last customer had given him but he’d need that to ride the metro back to the south.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:30 am

Nodding at Fye's response, Shade smiled again. She wasn't sure why she was so cheerful today, especially considering earlier, but she wasn't going to complain either. Maybe someone had slipped her some drugs or something?

"Thanks, Mr. Fye." See? She could remember some things in regards to being polite, it just didn't happen often. She glanced at Trevor and sighed slightly upon hearing his response. Counting quickly in her head, she decided she still had enough with her to afford feeding both of them, even after giving him the twenty credits earlier. Either she'd have to limit spending for the rest of the month, or Floppy would have to hack the account again.

"I'll pay," she said, taking a step closer. It was a bit odd how concerned she was over him, but now that she was thinking on it, Shade was pretty sure that it was due to his eyes. Trevor's eyes were very close to what she remembered her own father's eyes being like.

Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:37 pm

He stared at both of the youths and then snorted. "It's free. Leftovers from the day. Can't sell them, and I can't eat them all." So saying, he nudged the door open with a hip, strolling back into the kitchen to replace the first aid kit. "There's bread, and half a cake left, a quarter of a pie, and some buns." He came back to the door, leaning in the frame and crossing his arms over his chest, giving them both a considering sort of look, absently wondering what their names were. He didn't ask as a general principle--at least, until they offered. It was better to not pry too much. Some of the people that came were skittish. In any case, he was patient, waiting for them to come to a decision.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:08 pm

He was opened his mouth to object again, Shade shouldn’t be so offering to spend precious credits on strangers she met a few hours ago; except he heard a snort from Fye, something he hadn’t expected from what he had gathered of his character. Suddenly he felt extremely out of place among these people.

“…ok” At any rate the girl would probably keep insisting he accept the offer even if the man offering didn’t particularly care either way. The gnawing feeling in his stomach from hunger was a convincing factor in this too.

It only occurred to him when they were about to mooch off his leftover that neither of them had introduced themselves. “I’m Trevor and this is Shade.” Tilting his head in the girl’s direction when he said her name.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Shade blinked and looked at Trevor when he introduced the both of them. "Didn't I..." she muttered, looking down in thought. No, she hadn't introduced herself. Peeking up again, she gave Fye a sheepish look. "Sorry. I'm... really bad with people and... I don't always get things right with them... Actually, I usually don't."

Now that it was full dark, she was plenty happy to tug off her gloves and hoodie - as much as she might be used to wearing it all the time, it was still nice to take it off every so often, especially with the night as warm as it was. "Are you sure you don't want me to pay?" she asked, voice muffled from the inside of the sweater. Once it was off, she shook out her hair and reached up to adjust her goggles, making sure they were still firmly on, before shoving the gloves into a pocket and tying the hoodie around her waist.

Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:50 pm

He shrugged a shoulder in response to both her statements--Shade's statements. Shade. Seemed more like an alias than an actual name. Shade and Trevor. "It's fine." So saying, he pushed off of the doorframe, heading back inside to grab some paper plates and plastic utensils, putting a few slices of bread, a bun, and a slice of cake on each before coming back out and offering a plate to each kid. Once they accepted them, he turned to go back inside, shutting the screen door but leaving the solid one ajar, picking up the bin of dirty dishes to move it to the sink for washing. "Throw the plates away when you're done," he called out to them over the click and clank of dishwashing.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:08 pm

He accepted the plate with a slight nod as thanks and sat down against one of the walls. He ate quietly with small bites despite his hunger. He just didn’t feel comfortable eating in public even if it was only one person. He didn’t exactly have a gourmet sense of taste in the first place so the bread and bun good, but he didn’t even bother to try touching the cake. Just the thought of him eating something so sweet made him shudder.
“Do you want this?” pointing his plastic fork at the piece of dessert and glancing towards Shade.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm

"Thanks." She plopped down onto the stairs after she had accepted the plate, starting to dig in. She looked through the screen at Fye when he commented about throwing the plates away and nodded, fork hanging from her mouth.

Glancing over at Trevor when he spoke, she frowned slightly. "You aren't going to eat it?" He looked a little thin to be giving away food. Not that she had much room to talk, but she wasn't so tall either. Maybe that was why he looked so skinny?

She looked at her own piece of cake and shrugged. "I was just going to take mine with me and let my guys fight over it," she said with her lips twisted in amusement. "There's no point in wasting it. If you don't want it, I can take it home for them."

Last edited by PsychoWing on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

He shook his head slightly, “I can’t eat it.” He was still hungry but his stomach was too used to the small amounts of simple food Trevor could get his hands on so anything too rich would make him sick. He stood back up and pushed the piece of cake onto Shades plate. He threw away his own plate and fork into the trash bin that Fye had pointed out earlier.

He scanned the empty streets, he wasn’t used to this area so it might be hard to find a safe place to stay. He could always take the metro but wandering around the south district at night was practically suicidal. There was probably one thing he should do first before he set off into the night.He turned back towards Shade, “Do you have a piece of paper and something to write with?”
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Shade blinked as he shoved the cake onto her plate. When she saw he was about to go, she reached out to catch his wrist, stopping when he looked at her again.

“Do you have a piece of paper and something to write with?”

She shook her head. "I've got my cell phone though. It's got a note feature. That work?" she asked, setting the plate on the step as she stood and started to dig it out. It wasn't anything special, but it worked. And it was easy enough to dump if she needed to.

Holding it out to him, she debated for a couple of seconds before turning to her plate again, grabbing the untouched meat bun. "Here. You look like you could use some more food."

Last edited by PsychoWing on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:11 pm

It was just in a moment of silence, Fye just drying the dishes he'd washed and stacking them, that he overheard Trevor's statement; after a moment of thought, the blond set down the plate he was currently holding, stepping back out into the shop proper, pupils widening out as they adjusted to the dimness, and snagged the notepad and pencil he used for custom orders off of the counter.

Going back into the kitchen, he opened the screen door, mutely offering the pad and pencil to Trevor, eyes flicking over their plates and both of them, taking in details as they refocused, pupils flickering from their catslit state due to the lights in the kitchen out to a wider ellipses in the dimness of the alleyway.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm

He noticed her hand was held out like she was intending to grab him before he left again, “Yeah it’ll do.” He almost took the phone out of her hand but Fye suddenly appeared in the door entrance with pad and pencil. He took the latter only because he didn’t want to stand there trying to figure out the note feature in Shades phone. He scribbled his own number and ripped the strip of paper, handing it off to Shade, “If you or your boys get injured you can call me.” Sure she had paid him for his service earlier but it didn’t feel even when she had also practically dragged him across a district and found a place where he could eat. Even now she was offering him more food, she really shouldn’t be so nice to someone like him. He shook his head at the offer and turned to Fye.

“I owe you a debt too.” He held out the borrowed pencil and paper back to the man, noticing his pupils had changed sizes. They really were like a cat.

Last edited by Tora on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:35 pm

A couple of blinks down at the paper and Shade started to snicker before she broke out into full laughter. Grinning widely, she quickly put his number into her phone and flipped over the paper. "I need to borrow that," she warned even as she plucked the pencil from Trevor's hand. She scribbled down her own number.

Holding out both paper and pencil, she spoke, still smiling cheerfully. "You need any kind of help, give me a call." She also happily ignored him and shoved the bun into his hand. "And if you try to give that back, I will force feed you. It wouldn't be the first time I've had to do it."

Glancing up at Fye, she apologized for taking the pencil. Glancing between the two, she snagged a piece of her bread and started to munch on it.

Last edited by PsychoWing on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:42 pm

The blond lingered on the stoop as the two exchanged numbers--there was obviously something here he'd missed, probably involving Trevor's hurt arm--and took the pencil and pad of paper back, tucking them into a pocket of his apron before straightening. Seemed like that was that.

"Be careful," he said to Trevor in response to his statement. "Come back if you need it. The backdoor is open every night." He nodded farewell with a single movement of his head before turning and slipping back into the kitchen--after a minute or so of silence, the clanking of him washing the dishes resumed.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 pm

He was sure the expression of shock on his face was the same as earlier when the girl had burst into laughter. He blinked and snapped out of it when she grabbed the pad in his hand and traded it for her own number and a the meat bun. He stared at both and shoved the slip of paper into his pocket. “You are really stubborn aren’t you?” He grumbled but took a bite out of the food anyways.

"Be careful," Trevor nodded once in response to the mans warning and offer. He finished off the bun and wiped his hands on his pants to get rid of any crumbs. He made a small motion with his hand in farewell to Shade, “I hope you don’t have to come see me too soon.” He never liked seeing people hurt, ironic considering that’s how he made a living but nonetheless.

He turned away and drew up his hood, walking away from the lights of the bakery and blending easily into the darkness.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Shade watched Trevor walk away as she finished what she would be eating, privately amused at being called stubborn. That was something that she had been accused of many times, and it was exactly what she thought of him earlier. Rubbing her shoulder absently, she stood and carefully folded the plate around the two slices of cake. Sending a quick glance into the kitchen again, she called through the screen. "Thanks again for all the help. I doubt you'd need it, but if you want some help, even if it's just a person to keep an eye on the shop or wash dishes sometime, give me a call." She finished by rattling off her number. Even if he didn't get it this time, she knew she'd be back eventually. She could make sure he had it then.

Ambling away herself, she tugged out her phone again and placed a call, her voice fading as she walked. "Hey, I ju-- No, things are fine. It isn't that late... Shut up or I won't feed you when I get back."

((end))
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2