THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chameleon [BOUNTY] +(Riley, Ceara, and Nolli)+

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chameleon [BOUNTY] +(Riley, Ceara, and Nolli)+ - Page 2 Empty Re: Chameleon [BOUNTY] +(Riley, Ceara, and Nolli)+

Post by Ceara Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 pm

"Are you aware of any good vantage points that would give you a view of the entire festival?"

Ceara nodded, resting her chin on her hands. “Don’t worry about me, I know just where to go.” As Riley excused himself to pick up a flyer at the front of the café, she picked up the last piece of her meal, a bite of the chocolate cake, and shoved it in her mouth, closing her eyes to savor the dessert.

She opened her eyes when she felt Riley return to his seat and heard Nolli say, “What are your guy’s ideas?”

“We could try to find a way to get him to leave the festival early? I’m not sure how we would do it, considering that we know so little about him.”

Ceara frowned. Any sort of direct confrontation would be an idiotic move, in such a large crowd. If they attacked him, they would probably be the ones arrested, instead of him. “I have an idea, but you probably won’t like it. One or more of us might get hurt.” She sighed and straightened up. “We could purposefully let him know that he’s being followed. He’ll try to lose us, yes, maybe he’ll change clothes or something, but a person’s aura always has the same…feeling. I don’t know how to describe how I know, but all I do know is that I won’t lose him, if I’ve seen his aura already. I doubt he’ll be expecting three people to be working together to find him, so we can make him panic, if we keep on his case.. Maybe he’ll move off away from the festival to directly confront us.” She shrugged. “I can understand if you don’t wanna do this, but it’s the best idea I've got... That wouldn’t get us arrested.”

She trailed off as the waiter came back with the check. Nolli took it and facepalmed, glaring at her from over the piece of paper. "You're gonna get fat if you keep eating like this..." Ceara’s eye twitched and she felt Riley shift away from her nervously. Crumpling up her used napkin, she threw the balled up tissue at Nolli, smacking him squarely between the eyes. Ceara smiled sweetly, before lashing out with her booted foot, sending a sharp kick at the idiot's shin under the table.

Acting as if she had done nothing, she downed the rest of her coffee and took out her phone, placing it on the table. "Before I forget, give me your numbers. We're probably going to be split up, anyway."
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Chameleon [BOUNTY] +(Riley, Ceara, and Nolli)+ - Page 2 Empty Re: Chameleon [BOUNTY] +(Riley, Ceara, and Nolli)+

Post by SoupX Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 am

"Before I forget, give me your numbers. We're probably going to be split up, anyway." Nolli grimaced as he rubbed his tender shin. With his free hand, he took a pen and wrote his number on a napkin. Nolli proceeded crumple up the napkin, and toss it at Haze's face-- Hitting her forehead. "Here's my number," he snickered. So immature...

Bringing his hands up to rest on the table, Nolli started, "I don't think Chameleon would want to confront three people head on, so if we were to go with that, we'd have to make sure he was only aware of one of us." He paused, "this guy's specialty is hiding, not fighting..." Looking at Riley and nodding to the advertisement he held, Nolli asked, "That a flyer for our festival, by any chance? Also, your plan could work, but it'd be hard to draw him out without making him too suspicious." One of us could disguise ourselves as staff or something. Maybe pull him over for a "survey" of some sort... That is, if we get a disguise and buttered it over to look completely normal... Nolli shook his head, "It's a good idea, but unless we can think of a way to pull it off, I don't think we can use it..."

"How do we isolate this guy..." Nolli stared at the salt shaker in front of him, considering their options. "Riley, we might not be able to get him to leave early, but we can still provoke him somehow to get him to come out... Anything would do.. Insulting his mom, 'accidentally' spilling a drink on him, calling him fat..." Nolli smirked at Haze with the last comment.

He continued, "and what you said before about getting him to attack us, maybe we could provoke him into attacking only one of us? He doesn't have to know that we're working together." Nolli tapped his nail lightly on the table top, "if two more people jumped in to 'mediate the situation', I don't think that would look too suspicious?"

"What do ya think?" Nolli looked to both of them for modifications.
SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Noise Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:40 pm

After a slight hesitation – and purposefully staying out of this engagement – he followed Nolli’s example, though only pushed the napkin over to Haze rather than throwing it. Intertwining his fingers and propping his chin up on them, he listened to Nolli, nodding when asked about the flyer. “Yeah; we’d end up having to steal whatever form of identification the staff uses, and we probably should try to not get arrested before we even confront Chameleon.”

“Provoking him sounds a bit better, though. Haze could do it, I suppose?” Riley wasn’t willing to risk himself in a direct confrontation with the target, especially without knowing how close his partners would be. “Nolli, you could pretend that you’re sticking up for a fellow normal person, I guess? And I’ll act as your friend; you seem eccentric enough to befriend a harbinger.” He paused before realizing what he said and hastily added on to his sentence. “I mean, well, that’s not a bad thing. Gives me a role to play, and a reason for why you wouldn’t immediately call security on Haze just for being part of the disruption.”

“After that, though…Haze would probably have to vanish into the crowd for a bit, just to stay out of his sight. You could chat him up a bit and convince him that it isn’t worth staying at the festival, maybe offer him to have a drink back at your place? Haze can follow us – well, assuming he’s alright with the fact I’m a harbinger. If not, I’ll just leave to go attend an event or something, and you can draw him away.”

“…Actually, we should probably set up a rendezvous point where you can bring him, and Haze can head there as soon as she can after the confrontation. If you can’t convince him to leave because I’m with you, then I’ll follow behind. If not, well it would be that much easier. If we manage to make it to that point…well, then we just have to subdue him.”

He let out a soft sigh, scratching the bridge of his nose with a thumb. “A lot of ifs in there, unfortunately. Got anything better?”
Noise
Noise
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Ceara blinked when Nolli tossed the wadded up napkin at her forehead. She took in a deep breath, clenched her hands, gave him a bright smile, and through clenched teeth muttered a thank you. Killing him now wouldn’t be a good idea. Taking both Nolli’s and Riley’s napkins, she programmed their numbers into her phone, absentmindedly listen to the two guys talk over plans.

Shooting a glare at Nolli’s smirking face after his fat comment, Ceara nodded. Riley’s idea was a pretty good one. She didn’t mind being the one to provoke him; in fact, it actually might be fun. Nolli and Riley would have a lower chance of getting hurt this way. “…Actually, we should probably set up a rendezvous point where you can bring him, and Haze can head there as soon as she can after the confrontation. If you can’t convince him to leave because I’m with you, then I’ll follow behind. If not, well it would be that much easier. If we manage to make it to that point…well, then we just have to subdue him.” Punching in a random text to both of them, she finally looked up from her phone.

“I just messaged you two, so you have my number now. And I don’t see any problems with that plan. If anything goes wrong… Well we’ll just figure it out from there.” Ceara sighed, biting her lip. “As for the rendezvous point… There’s an alley between two small stores three or four blocks away from the actual festival.” She glanced at Nolli. “I’ll show you guys it if we’re going there soon. And I guess if you got him coming back to your place for a drink, you’ll lead him that way? I’ll try to make it there as fast as I can.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by SoupX Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 am

“Nolli, you could pretend that you’re sticking up for a fellow normal person, I guess? And I’ll act as your friend; you seem eccentric enough to befriend a harbinger.” Nolli stared at the kid blankly, well I guess that's true... “I mean, well, that’s not a bad thing. Gives me a role to play, and a reason for why you wouldn’t immediately call security on Haze just for being part of the disruption.”

He grinned as the kid tried to backpedal, "Ha ha, don't worry about it," Nolli said waving his hand dismissively, "I actually have more harbinger friends than non-harbinger friends."

Nolli nodded as he listened to the rest Riley's plan. Sounds pretty good. It was true that there were quit a lot of 'ifs,' but then again, that was just life.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, “I just messaged you two, so you have my number now. And I don’t see any problems with that plan. If anything goes wrong… Well we’ll just figure it out from there.” Still listening intently to Haze, he put her under the name of 'Gluttonous Cow,' in his contacts. “As for the rendezvous point… There’s an alley between two small stores three or four blocks away from the actual festival. I’ll show you guys it if we’re going there soon. And I guess if you got him coming back to your place for a drink, you’ll lead him that way? I’ll try to make it there as fast as I can.”

Nolli looked up and securely stowed the phone away. "Well, if the rendezvous point is by a restaurant, I think I'll just invite him to a bar or something. Goin back to my place on a first date may be moving a bit fast," he remarked jokingly.

"But other than that, the plan sounds pretty solid." Fishing around in his wallet, Nolli pulled out a clump of bills that was far larger than it should have been, he sighed, looking at Haze. Deciding it was best to drop the next fat comment, he continued with, "Once I pay this huge ass bill, I think we'd ought to start heading to the fair."

He stood up and pushed in his chair, thanking the waiter. "So, to sum up the plan as it is now: First, we get to the fair and hang out a bit till the events start. Second, Haze, you get to a spot where you can best see everything. Third," he nodded toward Riley, "you create the diversion and Haze picks Mr. Smith out of the crowd. Fourth, Haze provokes Chameleon into becoming aggressive. Fifth, Riley and I jump in as mediators. Sixth, I invite him to a nearby bar for a lovely drink and perhaps a lively chat. Seventh, we meet up at the rendezvous point with Mr. Smith and then totally jump him in a sketchy ally. Correct?"

SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Noise Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:33 am

Riley mimicked the other man, taking out his phone and adding Haze to his contacts. On a whim, he set her on speed dial, just in case. He’d remove that after the bounty was over, but for the time being it’d be a lot faster than going through his contacts (admittedly, he didn’t have a very long contacts list...).

Looking up from the phone, he smiled slightly at Nolli’s joke. “Who knows? Maybe Chameleon’s a bit lonely, being a criminal on the run and all.” Hell, it could be true, really.

He watched as Nolli spoke and paid the bill, finishing up his food in the meantime before wiping off his fingers and standing up. “Sounds about right. With any luck, this will work and no one but Smith gets too badly hurt.” With the potential fight being three to one, though, they seemed to have the advantage, assuming that they can find Chameleon in the first place. Still, he didn’t exactly have a lot of fighting experience. Hopefully Haze and Nolli had some, otherwise they might be in for some trouble. A cornered rat, after all, could be particularly vicious. They wanted him alive for the reward, and he might end up wanting them dead so he could survive.

Riley moved a bit away from the table in order to give room for Haze to get up, running fingers over the fabric of his bandanna, feeling anxiety beginning to build up again as he considered a variety of animal sounds he could use. There were so many things that could go wrong with this, but what else could they do?

They would get this done just fine. They had to. Letting out a small sigh, he looked again at his new allies. “Let’s get going then, if you’ll lead the way, Haze?”
Noise
Noise
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 am

Ceara nodded as Nolli summed up the plan. There were so many things that could go wrong, too many things were relying on the mark’s reaction to go smoothly. But, she grimaced, it’s the best we got. This would be so much easier if the fucking Bulletin post wasn’t so bloody vague. Ceara was confident in her combat experience, but knives were fast, much faster than she could swing her hammer. It really could get messy. And as for capturing him alive… He wouldn’t come quietly, that’s for sure. Maybe someone could smack him over the head, knock him unconscious? If she swung at his head, her hammer would kill him, and that was a last resort.

Ceara sighed and looked up from the spot on the table she was staring at as Riley moved out of his seat to let her out. “Let’s get going then, if you’ll lead the way, Haze?”

She grunted a confirmation and slid out, brushing the stray remains of her meal off her shirt. “It should only take us a few minutes to get to the alley, and a few more from there to the festival. C’mon, let’s go.” Not waiting for her companions, she made her way to the exit, nodding politely at their waiter as she passed him. Ceara took a quick glance to her left and right before sprinting across the street outside the café. She waved over her partners before making a right, heading down the street at a brisk pace. Taking a short cut, Ceara turned into a smaller, less populated street. A couple minutes of walking later, she stopped at a corner.

“See that green awning over there?” Ceara pointed to her right. “Just past that is the alley, and if you go down, like, four blocks that way,” Her hand gestured straight in front of her. “And make a left you should see the festival.”

Last edited by Haze on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : asdkfjklsdj WHAT IS SPELLING LOL.)
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by SoupX Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Picking up his weapon, Nolli followed the two from the cafe and took note of the locations that Haze pointed out. He discovered mapping out South District to be slightly challenging because he himself was not a local. Well, I have Haze's number in case I get lost, Nolli thought, thankful that someone knew where they were going.

As they walked, the possible things that could go wrong made themselves more and more apparent to Nolli. It would've been great if they had time to come up with a secondary plan in case the first one went wrong. So many things could go wrong...

Nolli figured that if it came to tooth and nail, the three of them had the advantage in numbers and weapons, assuming Chameleon didn't have any accomplices. Sure, knives were sharp and fast, but then again, plunger. Nolli's plunger was similar to a light weight mace. Of course, though wood and rubber wouldn't last nearly as long as metal, nailed plungers were cheap and easy to replicate. In fact, Nolli had an entire closet full at home. Speaking of which, he glanced at the plunger, unsure of what to do with it while they were at the festival. I guess I'll just stick this in the alley and try to pass it off as a piece of junk...

It then occurred to Nolli that he had no idea what kind of fighting experience Riley and Haze had. They looked capable enough, but then again, that rottweiler down the street looked capable enough and he turned out to be a big marshmallow.

"Hey, I'm not sayin that it'll come to this, but just to be sure, what kinda fighting experience do you guys have?" Nolli glanced first at Riley, then to Haze, remembering his aching shin. Violent woman.

SoupX
SoupX
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2