THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Overboard [Aiden][Andrew]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Man Overboard [Aiden][Andrew] - Page 2 Empty Re: Man Overboard [Aiden][Andrew]

Post by Andrew Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:30 am

Andrew just kind of watched Aiden in bemusement, listening to what he was saying. Undervalued him? And what lecture? He couldn't remember a lecture this time. Or had that happened one of the times Andrew wasn't quite with it? But he would agree with the careless thing.

“But most of all, I’m sorry for what happened. For everything that happened.”

He frowned and opened his mouth to say something but paused as Aiden finished what he was saying, ending by calling himself and how he felt pathetic. Scowling lightly, Andrew set his mug down before plucking the other from Aiden's hand and setting it to the side as well. He reached out and snagged the other's shirt and yanked him into a kiss, half-dragging him over the island.

Feeling Aiden start to freak out, Andrew let him go and just watched him for a couple of moments. "And that is why you have nothing to apologize over," he said calmly, cutting over what Aiden was trying to stammer out. "I don't want or need anyone's pity. I'm not looking for a protector. And until recently, I was only trying to survive. Now, I'm trying to live, if you know the difference." He rubbed a hand over the back of his neck, mildly embarrassed. "I trust you. And that's all I really need to be concerned over."
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Aiden hadn’t really questioned what Andrew was doing when he took away the mug, rather he was still staring down at his cup (and then empty hands) reflecting on what he had just said, when a sudden yank jerked him out of his thoughts. And before he knew it, the space between the two had closed from an arm’s length to zero in the blink of an eye. The man’s body reacted before his brain could as arms caught himself from completely falling over the countertop; keeping him from face plummeting onto the marble. But with what happened next, maybe that would have been better…

The earlier closing of distance was starting to register in Aiden’s mind as he suddenly found himself face to face quite literally with the boy, some locks of red obscuring his own vision and feeling soft breathing on his skin. But the most tangible form of contact was coming from somewhere lower on his face. It was coming from….his lips?! For a second Aiden didn’t move, couldn’t move. He was glued in place by the shock of what was happening. But finally his brain kicked some sense in.

Like a fish out water, the brunet startled away, luckily Andrew had been kind enough to let go. He pushed himself back with so much force that the momentum caused the older man to knock backwards into the oven and fall on the floor. Wide round eyes gaped up at Andrew who finished what he had to say from the other side.

"I don't want or need anyone's pity. I'm not looking for a protector. And until recently, I was only trying to survive. Now, I'm trying to live, if you know the difference. I trust you. And that's all I really need to be concerned over."

Trying to live… green eyes blinked rapidly at what was being meant. He trusted Aiden. But as comforting as it was, that didn’t stop the flustered man or his creeping blush. Finally all he could sputter out was,

“B-b-b-but that last bit… that-“ He couldn’t bring himself to say the word. “Was that really necessary??”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Andrew moved around the island and knelt next to Aiden, gently tugging the man forward so he could pull up his shirt and look at his back. Looked like he wouldn't even bruise so he'd be fine.

The redhead settled back on his heels, letting go of Aiden at the same time. He shrugged lightly. "No, probably not, but it got my point across didn't it? You reacted exactly how I expected you to." He grinned at this point. "Of course, with the way you're reacting, I'd think that you've either never been kissed before or that you enjoyed me kissing you. Is that it? Do you want me to do it again?" he asked, teasing, and leaned closer as if to do as he offered before pulling back with a laugh and standing. And that was a good thing, his being comfortable enough to tease like that in the first place. It meant that he saw the older man as a friend. It also meant it would take quite a lot to get rid of him.

Andrew offered a hand to help Aiden stand again.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 am

#8AED8B

Since when did Andrew become the one looking after and Aiden the one needing to be looked after? He leaned unsurely when the redhead came closer and inspected his back. It wasn’t a serious fall, just one with shock value.

“Exactly how you expected…?” Aiden frowned at that. For someone who liked to keep things under control, he sure didn’t like the fact that he had become such an open book to the teen; or rather, that his simplicity was played with like a toy. A slight annoyance but he couldn’t say much in return; it was his him who let his guard down. But it seemed the redhead was in a good mood as he continued his teasing, leaning in closer again. With a scoff, Aiden lightly pushed back the boy’s head.

“Nope sorry but you’re not my first kiddo.” He’s been on dates before, he’s been to formal and prom, had a high school sweetheart and gone out with a couple colleagues before but it really had been a long time since Aiden had been in a relationship. Mainly because…well…work. Not that it mattered now. And not that he really minded.

Taking the hand Aiden used the leverage to get up and patted away dust from the back of his pants before mussing the redhead’s hair next to him. It was good that somehow things had managed to get back to normal.

“You sleepy yet?”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Aiden did it again, calling him kiddo. Andrew scowled and spoke up, voice firm. "Don't call me that." He absolutely hated being called kiddo. The first time he had been raped, that was what the guy had kept calling him ("It's okay, kiddo." "It won't hurt for long, kiddo." "You'll learn to like it, kiddo."). The redhead shook it off - it was in the past and there wasn't anything that could be done about it now. No point in dwelling on it.

“You sleepy yet?”

Andrew blinked then a slow grin spread over his face. "Why Aiden, I didn't know you had it in you. Considering your reaction earlier, I'm surprised, just astonished, that you would proposition me like that. But sure stud, a nice comfy bed sounds great. Mind if I borrow some clothes again?" He hooked a thumb at the guest room as he spoke.

Getting a positive response, he nodded in turn and headed for the room, nudging the door shut so he could dress. It wasn't that he was shy or anything, but he figured that Aiden would appreciate the gesture. He tugged on a pair of sweat pants and a sweatshirt that hung on his lithe frame. Stepping out again, he blinked at how the older man had vanished. Oh, he had probably gone up to bed.

Andrew padded up the stairs and glanced around before deciding on a door and stepping through. Bingo. Without a word, he walked over and crawled into Aiden's bed, curling up under the covers.

Last edited by Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Whether he liked it or not, Aiden had brought home more than a temporary stray. And as he got to know the teen better little by little, he was beginning to see another –more free spirited (if not mischievous) side of Andrew…or maybe that was more of his true colors.

“Go,” he yawned, giving a gentle push to steer him in the right direction. “Get some clothes on.”

At times like this the man was grateful that his new guest was not an exhibitionist and had the decency to close the door; even when at this point there probably wasn’t much he hadn’t already seen. Whatever. He gave the mugs a quick rinse before placing them in the sink. He could clean them tomorrow. With a slow shake of his head, Aiden headed up to the master bedroom.

It was an odd habit of his to close every door he entered, even if no one was in the room (or house) but it was a habit that Aiden never found a reason to kick. And so, after entering his room *click* and heading over to the adjoining washroom *click* the brunet turned on the faucet, not hearing the sound of a door opening over the sound of rushing water. He took longer than usual, splashing his face several more times than often before finally turning the knob. Patting his face dry and hanging it on the rack, the man was so tired that as he entered the lightless room that he failed to notice a bigger lump of sheets on his bed than usual. All that was on his mind was….well, let’s just say it was blank.

Pulling the covers over himself, Aiden flopped back onto his pillow, an arm covering his eyes.

“What a day…” he mused aloud.

But it wasn’t quite over yet…

“?!?!” What on earth…. With a yell Aiden leaped out of bed, but because he was still wrapped in his sheets, the man fell with a tumble of blankets and pillows onto the floor. A muffled groan coming from a pillow over his face Aiden waited for the laughter to subside before asking,

“Andrew...what are you doing here?”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Andrew had managed to doze off in the minute or so between his crawling into the bed and Aiden doing the same. He half woke when he felt the bed move under the larger man and waited for things to settle again, blinking sleepily, before he rolled over and plastered himself to Aiden's side, curling close and wrapping a leg around the brunet's while setting his head on a shoulder and tossing an arm over his chest.

And then came the sudden and startled yell. Andrew jerked up and away, eyes wide in surprise. He twisted to look at where Aiden had been laying and instead just saw a foot resting against the bed's edge. He carefully moved over to look down at the ex-cop before promptly bursting into laughter so hard that he nearly fell over.

“Andrew...what are you doing here?”

The redhead grinned and reached down to help untangle Aiden. "Considering how we both nearly died earlier..." His smile faded and he sighed softly. "Well, I just don't really want to be alone right now. If it's a problem, I can go sleep in the other room..." He trailed off, expecting to be told to get lost.

Last edited by Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Reluctantly Aiden accepted the help and was freed from his trappings by the one who caused all this. As they both sorted through the sheets the man listened to Andrew’s answer.

"Considering how we both nearly died earlier…Well, I just don't really want to be alone right now. If it's a problem, I can go sleep in the other room..."

Watching that soft smile fade away from the corner of his eyes, Aiden took a moment to consider. Obviously Andrew was expecting some sort of rejection by that last line but at the same time he was hoping for a sliver of a chance that he could stay. Well, it was only one night. And given all that had happened today, it was only natural to find solace in some sort of comfort; Aiden happening to be the closest thing. There really wasn’t much of a reason to send Andrew away so long as he didn’t try pulling anything like what happened in the kitchen. He climbed back onto the mattress and plopped on his side.

“………Alright. But if you ever plan on doing something like this again” if there ever was a next time, “at least give me a fair warning.” And with one swift motion, Aiden flung the covers over the both of them.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Andrew laughed softly at what Aiden said. Yeah, he might warn him, depending on what mood he was in. The brunet freaked out so friggin' awesomely though that it was going to be hard to resist. Of course, he might just find other ways to freak him out too. It was entirely too much fun to tease the man. And at least he wouldn't hit the harbinger for it (unlike a certain pale-haired cousin of his).

Yawning softly, Andrew adjusted the covers so he could slide closer and curl up against Aiden again, reaching one arm over the older man and wrapping it around his ribs while leaning his forehead against the back of the other's neck. He had no problems or hesitance doing this since he knew he was safe with the ex-cop and he wouldn't be taken advantage of. Of course, if how he had reacted earlier was any indication, any taking advantage of would be done by Andrew himself. But that was something that may or may not happen in the future.

Cuddling closer, Andrew's eyes drooped closed and he fell asleep.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:50 am

Completely oblivious to Andrew’s musings, Aiden had somehow managed to get himself to finally close his eyes, one arm tucked under his pillow and another simply lying over his side, slowing his breaths in preparation for the lull of sleep. The day was finally over.

Well, one more thing. Although the man rather liked the freedom of letting his guard down and not having to be on the brace constantly now that he was off the job, it seemed the ex-cop might have to keep in practice those sensory guards if and when Andrew was around. Hazy green eyes opened reluctantly when Andrew scooted closer in, one arm resting under where his was, and a mat of hair brushing the back of his neck. Aiden continued his slowed breathing, lying still until he was sure the redhead had made himself comfortable. And perhaps had Andrew tried this any other day before today, Aiden would have shrugged it off. But today had changed a lot of things. And despite learning that the teen still had quite the playful streak and had found a new sport of teasing Aiden to no end, and learning that there probably was no bounds to physicality with Andrew, one thing was for sure: Aiden could trust him. Satisfied with the thought, he closed his eyes again.

“Night,” he whispered.

Spoiler:
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2