THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara

Post by AJ Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:13 am

"Andrew, I’m sorry… I thought it would be fine, you got hit by a truck at least 5 times the weight of that car and you were okay. Why didn’t your power kick in just now…”

At Ceara’s logic for throwing her cousin into a moving car Aiden couldn’t help but gape. He didn’t care if this was not considered unusual for harbingers, purposely trying to put your family member in harm’s way –even if they had supernatural abilities to potentially protect them- was just plain crazy. But he quickly dismissed commenting on it at Andrew’s request for a band aid, reaching over to dig through the teen’s bag since it was within reach.

With luck the man also found a clean square of cotton swab and disinfectant pad in the kit, which he set to use first, patching up the bleeding cut. All the while, he listened in on the exchange between the cousins before his patient turned his attention to Aiden himself, explaining his ability. Alright, so his restitution also played a role in the river incident besides the fact they fell over from a height of higher than two stories. The brunet silently nodded, still tending to Andrew's forehead.

After applying the band aid over his forehead, Aiden took a step back to stand beside Ceara, both of them staring at the injured harbinger sitting on the steps. With a shrewd expression the older man simply stared at Andrew while he protested being ‘fine’. Well, even if he was coherent enough to carry out a conversation with them, there could always be internal damage.

“And what about that leg of yours? We should at least get you checked out by a doctor…just to be safe."
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara

Post by Ceara Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:39 pm

"And the truck didn't hurt me because I literally threw myself in front of it. I was mid-air when I hit the grill. Seriously, I'm fine."

Well that sort of explained it. Ceara exhaled shakily, shifting around her body so she could sit next to her cousin on the stairs. This was meant to be a joke! But now she was feeling all guilty. This was exactly the reason why she should not joke around. Somehow someone – namely, her cousin – always got hurt.

“And what about that leg of yours? We should at least get you checked out by a doctor…just to be safe."

“Can you try to stand?” She pushed herself up and held out a hand to help him up, sighing in relief when the movement didn’t seem to send him into any sort of unbearable pain. At least it wasn’t fractured or something. “Fuck, Andrew, I’m so sorry… I think you were right, I am bad luck for you. What is it now, I’ve pushed you off a building, got you hit by a car two times now, and had someone stab you.” She chuckled weakly.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Andrew's expression said clearly enough that he didn't agree with Aiden's suggestion, even if he hadn't spoken up about that. "I am not going to a hospital," he said firmly, and completely serious for once. "I've been hurt enough times to know, I'm fine."

He accepted her help up, taking a couple of careful steps, limping lightly. Turning to them, he spread his arms almost as if to say "See? I'm fine." Sighing softly at what Ceara was saying, he tugged her close and hugged her with one arm before lightly hitting her on the head. "The truck and knife were not your fault. The roof and this were accidents. Now that you know how far my mutation extends, you won't do it again."

Glancing at Aiden, he gave the man a warning look to not say anything about what Ceara had said and done. She felt bad enough as it was. Now how to lighten the mood? Or at least get them annoyed with him again?

"So, did that look as spectacular as it felt?" he asked with a grin, putting his arm around his cousin's shoulders.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 pm

If it wasn’t for the fact that the two were cousins and that both parties seemed mutually resolved over the past matters, Aiden might have considered calling up some of his work friends, or at least a psychiatric hotline. The recounts made by Ceara would have definitely counted as felony but as the man gave an incredulous look behind her back, Andrew quickly silenced him with a pointed look of his own. Alright then, as you wish.

So instead the ex-cop made a silent sigh as the two pulled apart from their little embrace. Somehow, although he had met countless harbingers and dealt with them more times than any normal person probably ever would, there were some things that he could never quite get used to.

"So, did that look as spectacular as it felt?"

“It was breathtaking,” Aiden languidly answered, a bemused, yet still slightly befuddled, expression melting across his face. “My heart stopped because it was so spectacular.”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Ceara leaned into her cousin’s hug, happy that he didn’t seem to be mad at her and pouted when he tapped her on the head. "The truck and knife were not your fault. The roof and this were accidents. Now that you know how far my mutation extends, you won't do it again." Her lips quirked. Probably not, but she wouldn’t promise anything. She staggered a little at the sudden weight on her shoulders and elbowed Andrew lightly to push him off. "So, did that look as spectacular as it felt?"

“It was breathtaking. My heart stopped because it was so spectacular.” Ceara looked at the man, waves of confusion and slight disbelief practically rolling off him. He probably thought she was insane, which probably wasn’t too far from the truth, but still.

“It was bloody fantastic,” she said, sarcasm dripping from every word. It was fantastic until the point where she thought she killed her own cousin. “By the way, Andrew, why did you want to do with us today? You never actually got around to telling us.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Andrew hissed softly, jerking away from Ceara's elbow and putting a hand to his side. Oh, apparently his ribs were bruised. Great.

He blinked at Aiden's sarcasm (he really hadn't known the man had it in, especially not so soon after thinking a murder had been committed right in front of him) then laughed, wincing at how it jarred his ribs. Yeah, definitely bruised. at least they weren't broken.

Glancing at Ceara, he gave her a wary look. "Now, remember that I'm injured okay?" he said, gesturing at his head. Hopefully that would stop her from hitting him. "There's this club I know of that I think both of you would be comfortable at so I was going to drag you guys there. As a surprise." His lips twisted in wry amusement and he glanced over himself. "Well, at least the surprise portion of the night went off without a hitch. I'm not feeling up to dancing anymore though." He shrugged, keeping that smile pasted on to hide the dull ache that was making up most of his body.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 pm

He had been quietly watching the cousins roughhouse, learning their dynamics and understanding that this was how they got along; even if it was at times a tad violent. Well, they were teens; they could probably survive a bit of push and shove. Ah Ceara don’t don’t don’t –Oo, that’s gotta hurt. Okay, maybe push and shove was a bit of an understatement. Well, bottom line was the two cared for each other; despite surface impressions.

But when Andrew finally confessed his original plan for getting the two to come over, Aiden raised his brows, dubious at the redhead’s seriousness. But at the injured male’s pleased smirk, still entertained by whatever scene he was picturing in his head, the man knew that it was meant in all sincerity.

"Well, at least the surprise portion of the night went off without a hitch. I'm not feeling up to dancing anymore though."

“I would hope so, you're not really in the position to go out for tonight.” he wouldn’t admit aloud but maybe it was a good thing (in a strange twisted way) that Andrew did get injured, it saved them the trip to said club and Aiden could only imagine the situations that could happen; some awkward, some maybe horrific. Not that he was an antisocial recluse; it was just that there were all kinds of clubs, and knowing Andrew, might not be the same kind of happening as Aiden pictured.

AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:21 pm

A small crease formed between her brows when she heard the hiss of pain. She really didn’t hit him that hard, maybe he was hurt more than she had first thought.

"There's this club I know of that I think both of you would be comfortable at so I was going to drag you guys there. As a surprise."

Ceara blinked at the mention of a club, not sure what kind of place Andrew had in mind, if it would work for both her and the ex-cop. She hadn’t been to one in at least a year, but if it was anything remotely like the last one, it would be hilarious to see the straight-laced man in that sort of scene. Or any place that involved dancing, really.

"Well, at least the surprise portion of the night went off without a hitch. I'm not feeling up to dancing anymore though."

“I would hope so, you're not really in the position to go out for tonight.”

Haha, yup, she was right. He was extremely uncomfortable with that idea. She definitely regretted pushing Andrew now (not that she didn’t before), it was fun to dance and all, but watching Aiden there would’ve made her night. She grinned. “Sounds like fun. Maybe some other time, when you’re less… bruised. But now, since we’re all here…” Ceara looked around. “Wanna grab something to eat? You made me drop a fantastic slice of pizza.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Andrew nodded. "Yeah, sounds good." He grinned. "Actually... If it's okay with Aiden, how about we get take away, like Chinese or something, rent a couple of movies, and go to his house and hang out there?" He knew that he'd definitely appreciate it. Some painkillers and putting his leg up actually sounded really, really good.

When the brunet nodded, a bit of relief entered Andrew's grin and he tossed his arms around each of their shoulders, putting just a bit more of his weight against Aiden then he probably should have, but he couldn't help it. His entire body was sore and he was actually feeling like he was in need of a nap. Which meant that he was most likely going to fall asleep part way through the first movie and manage to use both of them as pillows somehow.

"So, what kind of movies do we want to want to watch? I know that anything with clowns is right out but..." He laughed, ducking away from Ceara as she aimed a half-hearted swipe at his head. "Hey, don't forget I'm injured here."
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Mildly surprised but not at all unwilling, Aiden had easily complied with the injured party's request. He was a little surprised by the fact that Andrew could so easily request Aiden's place but at the same time it also meant the redhead felt comfortable enough to trust him, which was nice. Aiden probably would've done most anything at this point to accommodate the limping boy; well, anything except hitting the clubs. Not that Andrew would have been in any position to go, given by the way he put his weight against the man. The last thing Aiden did before the trio headed off was to give a slightly apprehensive, slightly curious, look in Ceara's direction at her violent reaction at the mention of clowns.

The way back was cut shorter by taking it via taxi (Aiden insisted he pay) and in no time the three were in the man's neighborhood with plastic "Thank You" bags and the necessities for a movie night. The few steps up to the door was a familiar sight for the males but probably foreign for the white haired harbinger. Looking back over his shoulder as he helped Andrew up the staircase, Aiden motioned with his head towards the door.

"You okay Ceara? Come on in."

Last edited by AJ on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:05 am

Ceara pursed her lips, unsure if going into the ex-cop’s home was going to be such a good idea. She could think of so many reasons why she really shouldn’t… but the look on Andrew’s face when Aiden agreed silenced any protests that might’ve come out of her. She was the one who had ruined his original plans, so she couldn’t actually say no without sounding like a complete bitch. And besides, her cousin seemed to trust the other man enough, so she guessed she could trust him… at least for one night.

Plus, he was paying for her food. That would always add bonus points in her book.

So Ceara allowed Andrew to lean on her as they waved down a taxi, cheerfully swinging at him at his comment about clowns (He was never going to let her irrational fear of them go, was he? She should’ve never gone into that funhouse with him. Insert pout here.). Less than an hour later, the trio were trekking up the steps to Aiden’s house. She paused momentarily to stare up at the façade of it, still a little hesitant about going inside.

“You okay Ceara? Come on in.”

His words jolted her out of her brief stupor, and she nodded, moving closer to the two men so Andrew could lean on her while Aiden unlocked the door. Stepping inside, the girl gave the house a passing glance before searching for a place to put down the bags, settling with placing them on what she assumed was a dining table. She took out the various containers and leaned against the table awkwardly, uncertain on what she was supposed to do next without intruding on his privacy.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Andrew huffed softly, not thrilled about needing to take a cab while at the same time a bit happy for it. He really wasn't happy to have been told to wait in the car while Aiden and Ceara had gone into a store for 'supplies', crossing his arms and leaning back with a huff.

"Older siblings?" the driver asked.

A laugh at the thought of Ceara and Aiden being related escaped him and he shook his head. "Nah. He's a friend, she's my cousin."

A nod was his answer and the man glanced back. "You got hurt didn't you?"

"Yeah. I got hit by a car."

The man blinked and shook his head, turning forward again. "You harbingers are all insane."

Andrew laughed at the good-natured way he had said that. He was grinning when the others got back and kept grinning for the rest of the trip and into the house.

"Hey, I'm going to borrow your bathroom," he said, gently untangling himself from Aiden and limping down the hall. He closed and locked the door behind himself before stripping down and looking over the bruises already darkening his skin. Finally letting the pain he was feeling show, he leaned his weight on one arm, braced on the sink as he let his head hang. Goddamn. He needed some painkillers, but asking Aiden would be the better option instead of just looking around.

Sighing softly, Andrew washed his hands and face before dressing again and rejoining the others, cheerful smile pasted on his face again.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Although Aiden let go of Andrew when he stated his bathroom trip, the man watched the limping boy with a wary eye; by now he knew the boy better. But the brunet remained silent, instead turning his attention to helping Ceara with the dinner and, if he could, to try and make her feel at ease in what was probably a very strange place to be.

“Make yourself comfortable, you probably won’t get another breather once he comes back,” Aiden gave a sheepish grin. Making his way over to grab some cups, he peered from behind the open fridge door as he asked, “I have milk, water, juice, or I can make some coffee or tea…what would you like?”

Okay so things weren’t going as smoothly as he hoped. He was skitting around the house, looking for various things as the two waited for the one person that connected the two together. And all the while Aiden attempted simple small talk, asking simple questions to learn more about the girl without sounding too intrusive.

Going from the pantry to the closet, from Andrew’s room and back, Aiden’s scavenge finally returned with supplies to aid Andrew when he came back. The painkillers and hot packs, as well as the various ointments he had had been left untouched for quite awhile, since Aiden had never really found use for them ever since his break. But for any non-emergency wounds, the Walsh residence was just as well stocked to treat all types of injuries as the next pharamacy.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Ceara stiffened slightly when she felt Aiden near her, but relaxed when she was sure he was just moving around to help her. “Make yourself comfortable, you probably won’t get another breather once he comes back.” She laughed softly at that. It was true; Andrew had a way of exhausting her while in his presence. Not that she minded much, though. “I have milk, water, juice, or I can make some coffee or tea…what would you like?”

“Coffee, please, if that’s not too much trouble.” Caffeine this late in the day was probably crazy to most people, but she had built up a sort of immunity to it, so that wouldn’t keep her up. Not like she needed to be anywhere in particular the next day. Ceara smirked at his attempt at small talk, responding to him in short sentences but asking a few of her own questions, if only to be polite. This whole situation was becoming increasingly uncomfortable for the girl.

When Andrew came back out, she sighed slightly in relief before moving toward him, nudging him towards the dining table. “Come on, time to eat. I’m hungry and you should get some food in you before you take painkillers.” The forced smile on his face didn’t get past her, and she knew he was in more pain than he was letting on.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Andrew's smile strained a little as his cousin insisted he eat something before being given painkillers. In all honesty, the thought of food really wasn't that appealing, sleep sounded so much better. But, he was the one who had wanted to spend time with both of them and he hadn't missed how uncomfortable they had looked before noticing him and the relief that entered their expressions when they did. He hoped that they'd grow to be more comfortable with one another so he would be able to talk them into something like this again.

"Okay, okay," he grumbled teasingly, carefully sitting at the table. Once they all were ready to eat whatever had been decided on for dinner (and whatever they decided for the movie snacks he'd find out later), Andrew settled a hand over Ceara's and stopping her from digging in just yet. At her look, he just nodded to a silently praying Aiden. The redhead didn't participate, most likely never would, but he had no problem waiting while the brunet gave his thanks. When Aiden had finished, Andrew let go of Ceara's hand and dug in, smiling.

"Thanks for dinner Aiden."
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Today he tried not to take too long in his routine prayer, rushing out his thanks that Andrew was alive and well being the main point, he didn’t want to keep his guests waiting. Looking up after the silent Amen, Aiden opened his eyes to see a smiling Andrew and a bemused Ceara before they all tucked into their meal.

“Not a problem, enjoy.” He hadn’t realized how drained the day had been until his body finally registered the chair he was sitting on, legs finally letting loose their soreness from the day. The dinner as well was pretty calm (something new considering the redhead was still there), Aiden decided to make use of the quiet mood to inquire about the cousins.

“So then, you guys seem pretty close. How did you guys get to know each other? Did you grow up together?” Actually, there were a lot of questions Aiden was curious to ask, but he’d have to wait and see depending on how open the two of them were willing to share. But he wasn’t quite expecting their unusual story of how they had met.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Ceara was about to reach out and pop open the container of fried rice when a hand stopped her from moving any farther. She tilted her head at Andrew, but nodded when she noticed the man praying. She had no problem with religious people; she was content with waiting the brief moment for the man to finish. There were plenty of other topics to talk about; just as long as Aiden didn’t try to shove them down her throat, she would respect his beliefs.

When he completed his prayer, Ceara grinned and nodded her thanks as well, hands already out and grabbing at the rice she had been eyeing before. She tried to restrain herself, actually chewing the food before swallowing. The girl didn’t know why she was trying to be polite, must have been the fact that she hadn’t been a guest in someone else’s home in a very long time.

“So then, you guys seem pretty close. How did you guys get to know each other? Did you grow up together?”

She swallowed and chuckled a bit. “We actually didn’t know each other until a few months ago, complete coincidence. He ran into me and spilled my coffee, offered to pay… and yeah. We ended up having an argument though, so we didn’t even know we were cousins until the second time we met.” She hesitated, remembering the circumstances of that meeting and was unsure of how Aiden would take it. She’d let Andrew take over, he knew the other man better and would hopefully exclude the things that might make him angry.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:29 am

Andrew glanced at Ceara and smiled at her before looking at Aiden again. "She had gotten into a little bit of trouble and ran up a fire escape to get away from the guy. I was sleeping up there because I was still recovering from nearly getting beaten to death by a bunch of harbinger haters. I ended up grabbing her and jumping from one roof to another. She dropped her wallet and I saw the picture of her dad, my uncle, and we had a bit of a misunderstanding that led to me falling off the roof, complete accident since I had been worse off than I am now so... Yeah, I felt like shit." He laughed, perfectly fine with saying what he was since he knew talking about his injuries would distract Aiden from asking why Ceara had needed to run from that guy. "Anyway, after Ceara had her minor heart attack, we went to eat and talked it out and figured out how we were related and stuff." He shrugged lightly. "After that... Well, we've just spent time together. We went to the carnival together." He sighed and dropped his gaze to his plate. "And... She's the one who found me after... After the rape that caused those bruises you saw. She helped put me back together and... She made me promise. To keep trying to live." He lifted his head again, a genuine soft smile on his lips. "I owe her a lot."

He'd tell Ceara about how he and Aiden had gotten to be friends once the man had a chance to digest what he had just been told.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 pm

While he ate Aiden merely nodded at every so interval, poking at but not quite eating the food on his plate; He was more focused on digesting the events that led up to the cousins meeting than his appetite. There were moments when the man wanted to interject with questions of his own, but Andrew showed no sign of slowing down as he amused himself with his own narrative, laughing at his own injuries. In the end, the host was forced to keep silent under the overflow of words.

When the chance finally came up to ask questions of his own, Aiden couldn’t bring himself to interrupt when the redhead finally slowed down. This time because of the gravity of what he was saying.

“I see…so you guys are close now. That’s good.” He gave a close eyed smile.

So it was all thanks to Ceara. Thanks to Ceara that explained much of what had happened the night of the bridge incident…or rather, Andrew’s behavior afterwards. Aiden owed it to the girl then, even if it meant admitting to his own inability to help the boy. No, it was inappropriate to be jealous. They were family after all. It’s not like he had his own share of experiences with Andrew, including that-

Suddenly Aiden froze, remembering the kiss that he had tried all too hard to push into the back of his memories. With ears starting to burn, Aiden merely took a big bite of the noodle that he had been swirling around his fork filling his mouth to let Andrew answer Ceara’s question.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 pm

She chuckled along with her cousin as he retold the story of how they discovered they were cousins, still finding the entire situation too coincidental to be true sometimes. But it was true, and honestly it was the luckiest coincidence that had ever happened to her. Andrew had his problems and got on her nerves very often, but he was a very close friend to her and she appreciated that, although sometimes that may not show.

"And... She's the one who found me after... After the rape that caused those bruises you saw. She helped put me back together and... She made me promise. To keep trying to live. I owe her a lot."

She smiled softly again, hers just as genuine as his. Ceara still felt he didn’t owe her anything, though; he was family and she was only doing what she had to do. “I see…so you guys are close now. That’s good.” She tilted her head towards Aiden and nodded, the strange look on his face causing her to raise an eyebrow but she didn’t press for an explanation. The other brow shot up when he stiffened and flushed bright red.

The girl grinned slightly but didn’t want to embarrass him further than he already was, for whatever reason and turned back to Andrew. “So how did you meet this guy, anyway? Well not meet, I know how that happened. How'd you guys become friends?”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Andrew grinned and settled back, wincing lightly at how his bruised ribs pulled. "Well, it started when he decided to sneak up on me one day, maybe a week after we went to the carnival, and asked me out to eat. We had a bit of a misunderstanding over the course of the night so... Well, he wanted to stop by the toy store so you can imagine what I thought about that comment." He laughed, half noting the look on Aiden's face, and yes, he knew exactly how things were sounding. "So, keeping in mind what I was thinking, I came back here with him, he'll say it's because it was raining, but we both know otherwise," he said, shooting a teasing grin at the brunet. "So, we're both soaked when we get here and had a bit of an argument as we got on the same page." He shrugged again. There hadn't been much more to that meeting than that.

Andrew took a drink of his juice before he started talking again. "Then not too long after the... that one night," he gave Ceara a significant look as he said that, referring to the night he had been raped. He had mentioned it once, he didn't want to come out and say it again. "Anyway, that was when the whole bridge thing happened. Aiden got us out of the water and hauled my scrawny ass here and got us warmed up again. We slept together." And that was said completely seriously, because it was true. If Ceara took it to be in the more physical sense then... Well, Andrew would sit back and watch the fallout. And hopefully it would distract Aiden from how he had glossed over how close Andrew had come to dying. He didn't want to upset his cousin with that, even if it would turn out that she might trust the brunet more for saving the runner's life.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:08 pm

And that was that. Within the forty or so minutes between all of them alternating between chewing or speaking, the three had managed to sort out each other’s degrees of separation and finish with sparse plates and containers of their remnant meal.

It had been much easier for Aiden to let Andrew explain, letting the younger male pick and choose which details he deigned to highlight to his cousin and he just nodding along…well that is until the way the redhead phrased some of their moments together. The man just gave a wary glance in the harbinger’s direction, wondering what kind of assumptions they could lead Ceara to arrive at. There was no point speaking up about it though, calling it out would only bring much unneeded attention to it which Aiden would be more than happy to gloss over. Instead he simply sat with the two cousins for a while, all of them digesting their takeout feast, before beginning to clean up the table.

“And that’s about it,” he smiled as he offered to take Ceara’s plate. “My house is open for you or Andrew if you guys ever need a place to crash.” He bustled over to the trash can, meanwhile asking Ceara to help by starting to tend to Andrew with the painkillers.

So next thing would be movies? That sounded pretty nice actually. The three of them could use the chance to finally relax after the eventful day.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:51 am

She laughed loudly at the sleeping together comment, knowing that Andrew was just fishing to see what her reaction would be. Ceara knew that Aiden was far too much of a good guy to do something like that, especially after they both had almost died. She had to acknowledge that the older man had saved her cousin, though. Aiden would probably never be trusted completely, given his ex-cop status, but she still thanked him for helping her cousin.

“And that’s about it. My house is open for you or Andrew if you guys ever need a place to crash.”

She nodded and handed him the plate. "It's not very necessary, I have a place, but thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind." It might come in handy someday, if for some reason she couldn't make it back to her own home.

She nodded when the man told her to help Andrew, picking up the bottle of pills and popping it open, dropping a couple in her cousin's hand and passing him his water. Ceara looked back at the ointment and hot packs, frowning slightly. She didn't know exactly how to use them, usually she would just take painkillers and call it a day, and anything she couldn't handle with that was self with by her roommate, but now that they were there... She sighed and pushed them over to Andrew, giving him an apologetic look.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Andrew swallowed the pills, almost forgetting about the water in his haste to dull the pain. He smiled at Ceara when she pushed the rest of the stuff toward him and shook his head. He hadn't ever used them or similar, never being able or willing to spend the credits on them, so he didn't really have a clue either. That, and he was willing to bet the ointment smelled and he didn't want to walk around smelling like whatever the hell it was going to smell like. Instead, he carefully pushed to his feet with a wince, waving off his cousin when she started to step closer. He was bruised, yeah, but that didn't mean that he couldn't move on his own.

Walking somewhat slowly so he didn't pull something, he flopped onto the center seat of the couch and waited for one of the others to start the movie and for both of them to join him. As they watched said movie, Andrew was making commentary, critiquing stuff the characters were doing or complaining about the plot or something similar - he had to or he'd get bored and fall asleep. After the fifth look he got for doing that, he laughed softly and quieted, leaning his head back against the cushion. Within five minutes he was asleep, head rolling to the side slightly.

When the others finally noticed that he wasn't awake, he didn't really look to be asleep either, almost completely still and not waking.

Last edited by Andrew on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Aiden had been the last to join the couch, having finished cleaning up the dishes and wiping down the table. And so when the movie finally started (was this what was popular these days? He really was out of touch with social trends), the man only listened to Andrew’s ramblings throughout the first half absentmindedly; only half-hearing and half-tuning out the redhead’s commentary. Aiden would casually glance over when there was a particularly vulgar criticism, but he had no intention of stopping the teen. But when the two males glanced over at the feel of an annoyed glare from Ceara’s direction, all unscripted vocalizations ceased. They returned to a quiet movie.

Well…that is until the older male took a sidelong glance again somewhere along the middle at the two cousins. The girl seemed particularly drawn in at the current scene but the fluorescent glow reflecting on Andrew’s still face made Aiden do a double take. His eyes were closed. Is he sleeping?

He tried waving a palm in front of Andrew’s face. No response. It was hard to tell if he was simply resting his eyes, sleeping, or possibly unconscious in a more severe state than slumber. Aiden startled when the redhead’s head rolled over in Ceara’s direction.

“Is he sleeping?” he whispered over Andrew’s head when Ceara finally noticed.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next