THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara

Post by Ceara Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Ceara was right behind her cousin as he made his way over to the couch, just to make sure he didn’t fall and damage himself even more than she did. Once he was safely curled up and seated, she picked up one of the movies and fiddled around with Aiden’s system, finally managing to get it working after a few minutes of frustrated grunts. She plopped down next to Andrew, grabbing a nearby cushion and hugging it to her chest. Aiden joined the two of them a few minutes later, and the girl hit play.

The movie was some third rate horror movie, but Ceara was engrossed in it anyway, amused by the terrible acting and cheap jumpscares. She should’ve known Andrew would be that type of guy, though. The one that constantly talks during the movie and annoys everyone else. She sent him a few glares, and after a while he finally shut up, and Ceara returned her attention to the screen. At least until she felt his head shift towards hers.

“Is he sleeping?”

She looked up and met Aiden’s pale green eyes before dropping her head to look at her cousin, reaching out a hand and poking his cheek. “Yeah… I think so, at least. He likes to sleep like the dead sometimes. It’s freaky. Andrew.” She poked his cheek harder. No response. “Andrew!” She nudged him with her shoulder, which didn’t work either. Quickly growing frustrated, she bopped him on the head with her pillow. “Wake up, stupid.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh, Just Relax -- Aiden, Andrew, Ceara

Post by Andrew Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:48 pm

It took a few minutes to rouse Andrew and when he finally did open his eyes, it was to glare at his cousin. "What?" he snapped, sounding and looking tired. He pushed himself up to hunch forward, hissing softly in pain before scrubbing a hand over his face. He glanced at Ceara again. "Sorry. What's up? Is it time to go already?"

Covering a yawn, he turned toward Aiden without waiting for a response and smiled tiredly. "Sorry about the trouble and the scares. And thanks for dinner and for hanging out." He started to stand, squawking in surprise when he was yanked back down. He didn't really register which had pulled him back, or if it was both, just that he wasn't expecting it.

Andrew blinked at his friend and cousin, glancing between the two of them. "What?" Was he wrong? Why else would Ceara have woken him?

He was too tired to figure it out, instead deciding to just sit back and wait for one of them to tell him why he had to be awake right now since he could see that the movie wasn't over yet.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Flighty as ever.

Aiden was taken aback by the feral reaction from Andrew, simply staring up in surprise at the redhead as he babbled on, easily forgetting the whole point of their get together. It was only with absentminded reflex that the older man tugged the hem of the boy’s shirt, pulling him back to sit down on the couch.

“What?”

He blinked, still in stupor and growing slightly confused by the harbinger boy’s own confusion. Did his sleep also have amnesiatic effects as well?

“You had me worried there...” he slowly began, "The movie’s not even halfway over…" although Andrew apparently seemed aware of that fact. Ceara butted in with a quip of her own.

“And besides, you’re in no condition to go outside. You should be resting.” Although preferably in a conscious state seeing as to how Andrew’s slumbering state seemed to cause more panic for his two caretakers than when he was awake. Or rather, Aiden was more willing to put up with the redhead’s unnecessary commentary than having to constantly check whether the boy was dead or alive.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Ceara gave her confused cousin a blank stare, facepalming before turning away, reaching for the remote to pause the film. "Sorry about the trouble and the scares. And thanks for dinner and for hanging out." She blinked at him, wondering how someone could be so oblivious. The girl grabbed at his shirt the same time Aiden did, dragging the redhead back down to the couch.

“You had me worried there… The movie’s not even halfway over…"

She snorted. “Andrew, you are aware you sleep like a corpse sometimes, right? It really would be much more fun to chill with you if we didn’t have to check for a pulse every five minutes.”

"And besides, you’re in no condition to go outside. You should be resting.”

She nodded, giving the both of them a small smile. “He’s right, I don’t think you should be moving outside. You should stay here – hell, I will too, if that’s alright with you,” she glanced at the owner of the house for confirmation, “It’s too late to go out, and I’m too lazy to walk back home. So yes. You are staying here,” she stated firmly, leaving no room for argument. Where else would he go, anyway? Andrew better not have expected either of them to let him sleep outside like he normally did with a sprained ankle.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 pm

He whined, flopping back. "I'm not going to suddenly die, guys. Calm down. And I was resting. How am I supposed to get rest if I don't get to sleep?" Rolling his eyes, Andrew went to stand again, getting yanked back once more. Huffing, he tried to stand again, swatting at their hands. "I'm just going to the bathroom," he said, turning toward the couch.

Bending over, he scooped up his cousin and dumped her into Aiden's lap before either of them could move or stop him. "Okay kids, have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do," he said with a grin, waving as he headed down the hall.

When he had finished, he lingered in the small room for a few minutes, washing his hands then face, looking at himself in the mirror, water dripping from his chin. He was really getting sick of seeing himself with bruises. Sighing softly, he grabbed the hand towel and patted his face dry before heading back to the living room, leaving the towel on the sink's edge.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Aiden had no problem with letting the two stay the night, it’s not like his house was in lack of space. And he was reconsidering the logic of Andrew’s words, at least it was better to have the redhead knocked out under his roof where he (or Ceara) could keep an eye on him than somewhere out in God-knows-where.

So when the younger male tried to get up once more, Aiden was about to tell him his change of heart, “Alright alright. You can sleep, just don’t try to-“but he was cut off as Andrew reassured them that he was just going to the bathroom. Which would have been fine if the teen hadn’t dumped his cousin on Aiden’s lap.

"Okay kids, have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do,"

“Andrew!” But it was too late.

Great. Just great. Leave it to Andrew to always give him mini heart attacks. As he gave Ceara an apologetic look, the man only realized just now that his hands were still placed around her from catching her mid-fall and he quickly drew back muttering ‘sorry’ profusely. After seeing the damage she could deal to her cousin, Aiden was bracing himself for a solid punch –well, it’s not like he could run anywhere given his position. But when the blow never came he peered out from shut eyes.

Ceara was merely looking down from where she sat; she hadn’t moved an inch.

“W-w-wait, Ceara. What are you doing?!”

AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm

She frowned, pulling again at his shirt when he tried to stand, and pouted at the swats. She marginally relaxed when he announced that he was simply going to the bathroom only to squeak indignantly as she was dropped on the older man’s lap.

"Okay kids, have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

What wouldn’t he do, really? She turned her head to glare at his quickly retreating back, thinking of every possible way to get back at him. Ceara absolutely hated being picked when she was off guard; it only emphasized how small she was. And if she hated anything, she hated feeling tiny. The girl turned back to the nervous wreck that Aiden was, sighing. The apologies were ignored, Ceara didn’t really mind, unless he had taken it a little too far.

…But that gave her an idea. Andrew was a bit protective of her, so what if she… She shifted, throwing a leg over Aiden’s hips to straddle him. “W-w-wait, Ceara. What are you doing?!”

She grinned. “Just follow my lead, mkay?” As soon as she heard the unlocking of a door, the man’s hands were put back on her waist, her own on the back of his head, pulling him forward and she pressed her lips to his. Footsteps sounded from behind her, and she waited for Andrew’s response, hoping it would be as amusing as she thought it would be.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Andrew froze as soon as he saw the... activity going on in the living room. He had just been joking but... Well, they were both adults. He shrugged, shaking off the surprise and wandered over to his bag, pulling out a couple of condoms. "Alright then you two, have fun. Try not to get too loud," he said, tossing the condoms onto the couch next to them. "I'm going to borrow Aiden's room and get some sleep. You guys can have it in the morning. See you then."

He bit his lip to hold in the laughter as he made his way up the stairs, ignoring their sputtering until he was able to close the door behind himself. He flopped onto the bed and started cracking up. It was only a matter of time before one of them, Ceara most likely, came up to drag him out and start yelling at him, but he was fine with staying up here until then. And the bed really was comfortable...

Without meaning to, Andrew dozed off again, laying across the bed with his feet hanging off the side.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Obviously Aiden hadn’t predicted Ceara’s antic and could only throw Andrew a pleading look for help before the redhead decided to laugh and play along with his cousin’s joke. His amused chuckle went around Aiden’s head as Andrew only stopped once to throw something onto the couch ...condoms? Seriously?!... before heading upstairs. He wasn’t even fazed.

Finally recovering enough sense from the shock of the event, Aiden firmly pushed Ceara away by the shoulders. Keeping her an arm’s length away the man gave her an incredulous stare. “What were you thinking?” But he could only shake his head with a sigh as the girl confirmed what he had already guessed, heaving a tired sigh. Looks like mischief ran in the family.

“Well now that we know that idea failed, why not you go check up on him…” If anything –knowing Andrew- the teen was probably either laughing his head off or fallen asleep again as he was prone to do. Whether Ceara had any intention to follow his suggestion or not, Aiden at least wanted to make it clear to his younger friend that the ruse really was an (unwilling) joke.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm

That… was not the reaction she was expecting. Though it certainly was just as amusing, especially Aiden’s stammering when Andrew dropped the condoms. She watched her cousin leave over her shoulder before turning back to the man under her. Ceara didn’t resist when she was pushed off, figuring that she had put him through enough as it was.

“What were you thinking?”

She grinned. “Well, I just wanted to see his reaction. Didn’t think he was going to do that.” She nodded to the condoms, laughing loudly at the look he gave her. “Alright, alright, I’m sorry. That was unnecessary.” But still hilarious, she thought, stifling her laughs down to the occasional giggle.

“Well now that we know that idea failed, why not you go check up on him…”

Calming down a little, she nodded, pushing up, sending the man another grin before heading up the stairs. She blinked, unsure of which door her cousin went through, deciding on opening every one until she came across her cousin passed out on a large bed. Ceara snorted. Figures he would just fall asleep like that. Closing the door behind her, she jumped on the bed next to him, poking his cheek. When his eyes finally opened, she grinned widely before bursting into another fit of laughter.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:04 am

It took a few minutes for Andrew to wake up again, the pain and exhaustion just pulling at him. He stared blankly at her as she laughed, eyes drooping again. He was a little more coherent when she calmed again and mustered a tired smile for her.

"Hey, Ceara, Aiden's a good guy. If you really are interested, don't be too hard on him, don't hurt him. And if he hurts you, I'll hurt him," he murmured before yawning. "I'll talk to him about it tomorrow. But for now... Can I please sleep? Everything hurts and the pills aren't helping any more and I just want it to stop." He meant the pain throbbing through his body being what he wanted stopped. He really didn't realize how it could sound, like he was talking about suicide again, never mind it was one of the things furthest from his mind right now.

The redhead blinked at the look on his cousin's face, rolling on to his side to look at her better. "Ceara? Is something wrong?"
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Aiden followed with his eyes, watching Ceara go up the stairs and out of sight before leaning into the couch, rubbing his temple between index and thumb. For a minute it sounded like they were having a good time (was it ever otherwise?) before a hush fell over the house.

Are they sleeping already? Well if it was Andrew on his own that wouldn’t have been much of a surprise, but if the two were put together (and knowing their personalities), it’s not like they were 5 years old who automatically clonked out by curfew. If anything, Aiden had expected some other ruckus or other to have started by now. But…nothing. He looked up at the ceiling but it was completely silent.

The man stood up, stretched, and took his time heading over to his own room, quietly padding along the staircase and down the hallway (for what reason? Who knows, it was just the instinctive thing to do) before he saw his bedroom door left ajar. Even from where he stood quite a ways from the door, Aiden could see enough to see the cousins were still awake and sprawled across the bed, what were they talking about?
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:29 pm

She kinda felt bad for waking him up, taking note of the completely wiped look on his face. He definitely was much more tired than he had let on before.

"Hey, Ceara, Aiden's a good guy. If you really are interested, don't be too hard on him, don't hurt him. And if he hurts you, I'll hurt him."

Ceara chuckled softly, both at the interested in Aiden part and the part on Andrew hurting his friend. One, she really doubted he would ever hurt him, Andrew liked him too much, she could see that. And two, she didn’t need him to hurt Aiden for her, in that hypothetical situation. She would do plenty of that herself.

“Everything hurts and the pills aren't helping any more and I just want it to stop." She froze and looked at him, before unfreezing and shuffling around to look at him better. What he just said… “Ceara? Is something wrong?”

“Don’t say things like that, Andrew,” she whispered, exhaling shakily. “I know what you mean and all, but still. Please, don’t.” It was obvious that he was talking about the pain he was experiencing from getting hit by the car, but by just saying those words, he nearly sent her into a panic attack. She gave him a weak smile and moved closer, giving him a weak hug. "Please don't scare me like that."
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 pm

'Things like that'? Like what? He ran over what he had said before understanding dawned. Pulling her close, Andrew hugged her tightly, trying to reassure her by pressing a light kiss to her forehead. "No, Ceara, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I promised you that I wouldn't try to kill myself, that I'd do what I could to distract myself from those thoughts. I swear, I haven't even thought of suicide since the night I ended up in the river."

Hearing a soft gasp, Andrew looked up in surprise and caught sight of Aiden through the half-open door. Oh, shit. He had been hoping that the man wouldn't find out about any of that. What if he started to think differently of the redhead, or treat him differently, like he was made of glass? Green eyes dropped down and to the side, somewhat ashamed and worried over how Aiden would react, if he would tell the teen to leave and not come back because he was so weak at times, because he was a coward. He really hoped that he was just psyching himself out. The man was a great friend and he didn't want to lose that.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:34 pm

The small noise had slipped involuntarily and Aiden could only stare wide eyed at himself for giving his presence away. Well it was too late to slip out now seeing how Andrew had caught sight of him. Instead, the older man regained his composure and knocked softly on the open door, a useless gesture by this point but polite nonetheless. Clearing his throat he starts softly, “Sorry to interrupt,” he looked from one face to the other, “You don’t mind if I get a couple of my things do you?”

Well, it’s not like he needed an invitation to enter his own room.

Not wanting to bother them any further, Aiden merely shook his hand, motioning for them to stay where they were when one of them tried to get up. He went unhurriedly to the adjoining bathroom, full well knowing the ridiculousness of his reason for trying to cover up his unintended eavesdropping, but perhaps it would be better to not address that elephant just yet.

But as he looked over at the cousins, both staring incredulously at him despite the bright smile he gave, that upturned crescent quickly faded back to a line; leaving Aiden to rub the back of his neck in an apologetic manner. He knew it. They knew it. Aiden would wait for one of them to speak.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:29 pm

“I know what you meant, and I know you’re trying,” she mumbled, hugging him tighter. “But that doesn’t stop me from worrying about you. You’re not allowed to leave me that easily.” Ceara quietly laughed, softly smiling at her cousin before a knock at the door caused her to twist around to find the source. A frown immediately tugged at her lips when she noticed Aiden standing awkwardly in the doorway, realizing that he must’ve heard everything. And judging by the way Andrew was resolutely avoiding the man’s eyes, this was the first time the older man had heard of this.

“Sorry to interrupt. You don’t mind if I get a couple of my things do you?”

She made to stand when he moved in, unsure if he wanted them out of his room, but sat back down when he motioned her to. There were a few awkward moments of silence when none of them really know what to do. Ceara sighed and shifted her position, staying quiet and focusing on the two males in the room. Whatever was going to go down was between them, she didn’t know much about their relationship anyway.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Andrew took in a long, slow breath, not sure what was going on. He looked up at Aiden and frowned softly. As worried as he was over how the older man would react, the fact that he wasn't was sending Andrew right into a panic. Why wouldn't he say anything? Do anything? Even just glare at him and call him weak? Or yell at him and demand how he could be so stupid?

Why the hell wasn't he reacting?

"Aiden?" the redhead asked, voice soft and sounding oh so young and vulnerable. And that was reflected in his face. Aiden was one of his few friends, and just about the only one who cared enough for him to let him stay over without any impositions or expectations or demands (and Ceara didn't count because she was family).

Andrew fumbled for his cousin's hand and grabbed it without looking, squeezing tightly as they waited for Aiden to speak. He was clinging like a frightened child again and he didn't really care, he just wanted to know that he wasn't going to lose another person he viewed as a friend because he was a coward who had moments of weakness.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 pm

It was most likely that the two, or at least Andrew, wouldn’t be willing to let Aiden go so easily; which was why the small distraction came in handy to buy him some time as the man finished rummaging through the medicine cabinet and grabbing a towel. Seeing the wide eyed expressions, one confused and one vulnerable, the man couldn’t help but give a half-smile as he leaned against the door frame. Personally he hadn’t taken too long to erase whatever shock had been on his face, returning to that implacable calm that made his composure.

“I heard…” he admitted, confirming what they already knew. He paused a moment to take in Andrew’s face. He was worried. Scared? Of what? “What’s that look on your face for?”

Aiden chuckled as the redhead went from dazed to flabbergasted; he was probably wondering what on earth was going on. He continued as he started walking towards the bed. “I’m not dumb enough to say I understand where you’re coming from or what you’re going through…” he stopped just short of the edge, looking down with a grin. “But I’m not so shallow that I can’t understand people have their moments. You’re only human, after all.” He used his free hand to muss up the top of Andrew’s head. He hadn’t meant to worry the boy.

“Rest and get some sleep, the both of you. Last person to wake up can do the dishes.” He waved a hand over his shoulder as his figure headed out the room.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:09 pm

Her eyes trailed down her arm to their conjoined hands when she felt him grab for hers and she squeezed back tightly. Aiden seemed like an understanding guy. Or at the very least he wouldn’t react to finding out about Andrew’s problem as strongly as she did. She hoped he wouldn’t. For Andrew’s sake. Her cousin might not be able to handle it if the man pushed him away.

Her shoulders visibly sagged as Aiden reassured Andrew of his support and smiled, nodding at the man in thanks. “Rest and get some sleep, the both of you. Last person to wake up can do the dishes.”

Ceara blinked and shuffled to the edge of the bed, about to get off it. “But- is it alright if we sleep- oh you’re gone. That’s cool.” She sighed and scooted back to her cousin, hugging him briefly. “See, everything’s okay.” Ceara grinned and flopped back on the bed, resting her head on one of the pillows and clutching one to her chest. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’m gonna take his advice and sleep.” She should probably wash up or something like that, but she didn’t have any clothes here nor wanted to ask Aiden for them, so she would have to deal with it. Besides, the bed was entirely too comfortable to leave. “Don’t wanna be the last one up…” she mumbled before slipping into sleep, exhausted by the day.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 am

Andrew couldn't help it, he just stared at first Aiden as he basically brushed off what he had heard (and why was he doing that? Did he really not care or was he just not sure how he was going to react and wanted to think it over first?) then at Ceara as she pretty much passed out.

What the hell had happened in the past five minutes? Shouldn't he, as the injured person, be the one passing out? Oh, wait, he had. They just kept waking him up.

He sighed softly, carefully getting off the bed so he didn't jostle Ceara awake, as unlikely as that was to happen, and gently covered her with a blanket before pressing a light kiss to her forehead. The redhead stood and watched her sleep for a couple of minutes before turning and fishing out a spare blanket for himself. He needed a bit of space, just some time to himself to think, but he couldn't go back downstairs because he knew that Aiden would hear and probably start asking him why he was still awake and if he needed or wanted anything and just be a mother hen in general.

So, with that thought in mind, he eased a window open and slipped out it, sliding it closed again before pulling himself onto the roof. Wrapping the blanket around himself, Andrew just sat and took in the night. He didn't mean to fall asleep up there, but he did. And he was still up there in the morning - not that his cousin or friend knew that.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3