THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Andrew]There's No End In Sight[Leah]

2 posters

Go down

[Andrew]There's No End In Sight[Leah] Empty [Andrew]There's No End In Sight[Leah]

Post by Leah Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 pm

It was noon now. Leah heaved a sigh as she shuffled through the streets of the South District. She had been searching for Kieren again today, but still no luck. Nothing again... How long had it been since that day she’d told Kota about her plans? How long had it been since she’d been in the North? One month. And yet it felt like such a long time. A long time without any leads on Kieren at all. Except for the fact that he could possibly have red hair, as Roca had said she knew a Kieren with red hair. Besides that, though, there was nothing.

The blonde realized that she was getting this feeling more and more. Although it never came when she was with people, every once in awhile when she was all alone, it just hit her like a hurricane.

Leah absentmindedly climbed up a tree and stepped onto the roof of some random building. That is the kind of place she always went to when she needed to sort out her thoughts. Usually it would be the roof of the apartment building that she lived in, but that was in the West District and she wasn't going back yet. Just as Leah was about to sit down, she saw the back of a guy standing at the edge of the roof. Who had red hair.

“Excuse meee!!” Leah began to run up to him. When she was about to tap his shoulder, she tripped and instead, she shoved him forward. Next thing she knew, she was falling.

Leah
Leah
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

[Andrew]There's No End In Sight[Leah] Empty Re: [Andrew]There's No End In Sight[Leah]

Post by Andrew Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Andrew stretched slightly, bouncing lightly on his toes where he was stood at the edge of a roof. He let out a soft breath, watching it plume in the air before focusing on the clouds overhead, watching the snowflakes come dancing down. Less than a month until Christmas. Geez, it felt like Halloween had been only last week (which reminded him, he still needed to find a way to make it up to people for how much of an unmitigated disaster that had ended up being). It was nice though, how quiet and peaceful the city seemed.

“Excuse meee!!”

Until it wasn't. So much for that. He turned in surprise and caught sight of blonde hair and bright colors before whoever it was tripped into him and they both went over the edge. Honestly, who was insane enough to run toward a roof edge like that when they could trip, other than him?

Andrew snagged an arm around the girl's waist, tugging her to his chest. He shifted how they were angled so that they'd land on his feet, slipping his other arm under her knees so she was cradled against him. When they landed, he let himself go to his knees and holding her another moment before leaning forward that extra bit to set her down on the snow. Well, the roof could have been higher so at least his res wasn't hitting him as hard as it could have.

After a little, he straightened and looked at her. "Are you okay?"
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

[Andrew]There's No End In Sight[Leah] Empty Re: [Andrew]There's No End In Sight[Leah]

Post by Leah Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 am

Leah was going to use her heat shell power to withstand the fall, but before she activated it, the guy she pushed off the roof caught her in the air. He then landed the fall like it was nothing. Something to do with his mutation probably? Leah guessed, noticing the guy's eyes.

Leah's rescuer dropped to his knees and set her down. The blonde opened her mouth to speak, but the redhead beat her to it.

"Are you okay?" he asked. Leah blinked. He'd voiced her thoughts exactly.

"...Yeah, I'm completely fine. You?" After holding her tongue for a bit so the guy could answer, she continued. "Thank you for catching me. And I'm really, really sorry about pushing you off. I was just running and I tripped and then I kind of... Yeaaah. Wait a sec. I probably have something that I can give to you to apologize..." Leah dug through the numerous things in her tote. There had to be something in there. 

Eventually, she found a plastic ziplock bag that contained five of the s'mores-filled chocolate chip cookies that she baked yesterday. "Here," Leah said, holding out the bag. "I know it's not much, but take it anyways, okay?"
Leah
Leah
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Oh, good, she was fine. It was nice to know every time that his power really did extend to people he was touching. It was something he kept worrying about. Though, with any luck, he wouldn't need to keep finding out (not that he was going to hold his breath over that).

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit confused. You know, wondering why you're running around on snowy and icy roofs and pushing people off of them," Andrew answered with a laugh and one of his boyish grins crossing his face. He stood and helped her to her feet.

When she started talking, he couldn't help but raise his eyebrows. Wow, there was someone else out there who talked as much as he did. Who would have thought? And she was cute too, in that bubbly kind of way (hey, he never pretended to make sense to anyone, even himself).

"You're welcome, it's fine, and you don't have to give me anything." And she was completely ignoring him. He shrugged, watching her dig around. That reminded him of himself whenever he was trying to find something, the thought making him laugh a little.

Blinking at the cookies, he smiled softly at her. "Thanks," he said, pulling one out to eat now. Hey, he was hungry, he may as well. Now, so long as they weren't poisoned or something because both Ceara and Aiden would kill him if they were. Of course, they'd kill him for eating food from some girl who just pushed him off a roof anyway so... Whatever.

"This is good," he mumbled through the mouthful of cookie before swallowing. "So, I think you wanted to ask me something before you tripped?" Or had he heard her wrong?
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Leah Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 am

"Glad you like it. I'm really, really sorry I don't have anything better to give you." Leah felt pretty guilty for pushing this random person off of a roof. He could have gotten hurt badly if he couldn't land the fall. Leah didn't know if it was possible to land that fall without the appropriate mutation. This was the first time she'd ever done something like this, so she wasn't sure. Maybe he was able to land unscathed due to a mutation? Not that that was a bad thing. The point was that the guy could have gotten seriously injured from what Leah did.

"So, I think you wanted to ask me something before you tripped?"

Ask him something? Was she going to ask him something? Leah cocked her head to the side, momentarily forgetting what had happened prior to falling off of the roof.

"Ask you...? Leah began confusedly before all the emotions from earlier came flooding back. Kieren. Roca and the red hair. The slim chance that this guy could have been Leah's long-lost brother. Now, looking into this person's eyes, she realized with disappointment that this wasn't Kieren. His pupils, although they had a really pretty color and pattern, weren't Kieren's blue to orange ones.

"Oh!" Leah smacked her forehead with her palm. "I mistook you for someone else." The blonde forced a little laugh. "Sorry. Again."
Leah
Leah
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 am

"Nah, don't worry about apologizing. No harm, no foul after all," Andrew said before he nodded slowly. "You looking for anyone in particular? Maybe I could help?" He knew quite a lot of people after all and it wasn't like it would be difficult for him to ask around either. Heck, there was a small chance that he might know who the person in question was.

"Actually, why did you think I was who you're looking for?" If he was similar simply because he had been standing on the edge of a roof, that narrowed things down a lot; not many people did that after all, pretty much just him and gang members. If it was how he was dressed or his hair color, that was a different story entirely.

He started on another cookie as he listened to her talk, nodding slightly. He shifted his bag around so he could pull out a small bottle of apple juice and sip at it. He fished out a second bottle and offered it her, smiling brightly.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Leah Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm

“Well, I−“

"Actually, why did you think I was who you're looking for?"

“Well… Answering your previous question, I am looking for someone in particular. Kieren Vega, a twenty-year-old harbinger with blue to orange eyes. He has the mutation of amplifying static, with his restitution being deteriorating hearing.” Leah heaved a sigh.

“The problem is that I don’t know what he looks like now, which is probably the reason why I have almost no hints to finding him. I did hear from one lady that she knew a Kieren, one with red hair. It’s hardly much of a lead, but that’s really all I have from more than a month of searching… And, yeah, that is pretty much it. I mistook you for him ‘cause of the color of your hair. And I guess it’s not actually ‘mistook’ since I go up to every single red-haired guy I find.”

The blonde gratefully took the bottle that was handed to her. “Thanks.” She unscrewed the cap and took a sip. The apple juice was sweet and delicious and it made her realize how parched she was. Never mind that Kota would smack her on the head if he found out she was drinking the juice that some stranger gave her. Leah took a nice, long drink from the bottle and felt her spirits rising a little. “You know,” she began, glancing at the redhead. “You actually look a lot like how I imagined Brother to look. Other than the eyes.”

Leah
Leah
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Kieren Vega... No, he didn't know any one by that name now, but he kind of remembered having a friend with black hair by that name from elementary school, and anyway, considering the number of aliases and nicknames and stuff, that didn't mean anything. Hell, his cousin had initially introduced herself with an alias.

But still, that description rang a bell...

Andrew blinked as the eye color registered to him in addition to the hair color and age. That sounded like the guy who had kissed Trevor by accident on the Metro (and how had he not recognized those eyes? Well, at least he wasn't the only one who had forgotten). He snorted softly with laughter then shook his head at her curious look. "Sorry, just remembering something that happened. I'm pretty sure I've met him recently, but he called himself Kier. He's about this tall," he was saying as he lifted a hand to hover a few inches over his own head, "And his hair is more of a violet red rather than the dark red I've got." He took another drink of his apple juice. "I only met him the once and it was on the Metro, but he got off in East so you could try looking there."
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down