THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Different Line of Work. [Shade, Angel] (complete)

2 posters

Go down

A Different Line of Work. [Shade, Angel] (complete) Empty A Different Line of Work. [Shade, Angel] (complete)

Post by Angel Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:19 am

It had been a couple months since Angel and Claire had broken out of the hospital and they had been tough. The first job he had gotten hadn't been enough for him to make ends meet so he had to take up a second one because Claire, being the way that she was, couldn't really go out looking for work. She did make up for it by tending to the house and having food ready and just generally being able to relax Angel with just her presence. It was just too exhausting for him to work two Legitimate jobs at the same time.

He'd never thought he'd be one to turn to crime, but he had two lives to look out for now. In his second workplace he'd met some shadier characters and overheard them talking about a way to make decent money, without too many problems. After Angel "encouraged" them to tell him more he got a contact number. One thing led to another and eventually he found himself waiting for someone to see if he was up to the task.

He dug into his pocket and flicked open his phone to check the time before stuffing it back into his jeans.
"Where the hell is this guy, and what kinda name is Shade?" Angel looked up at the night sky and his open shirt blew in the wind. At least the air was cool this night.

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

A Different Line of Work. [Shade, Angel] (complete) Empty Re: A Different Line of Work. [Shade, Angel] (complete)

Post by Shade Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 am

Shade huffed softly, walking down the street with her hands shoved into her pockets and her hood up. She wasn't a recruiter but Tam, the fucking jackass that he was, had pawned it off on her. Of course, it was better than the other shit he had her do so she wasn't going to really complain. And anything was better than potentially getting put on another mission with Kier or happening to see him with that new girl of his.

Closing her eyes momentarily, she shook her head then kept walking. Kier was just a distraction at this point and, as much as it hurt, she couldn't keep dwelling on it. Not that Tam helped things any.

Tilting her head a bit as she saw the guy she was supposed to be meeting, she watched him for a little as he checked the time on his phone. He was a few years older than she was and looked to be a bit stronger than she was.

"It would be what I answer to," she said softly as she stepped out of the deep shadows she had been observing him from and walked closer, stopping a few yards away from him and tilting her head again, eyes hidden behind the dark goggles she wore.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

A Different Line of Work. [Shade, Angel] (complete) Empty Re: A Different Line of Work. [Shade, Angel] (complete)

Post by Angel Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 am

Angel jumped a little in surprise and looked over his initiator. It was not what he was expecting. For one he wasn't expecting someone younger than him, and definitely not a woman. He wasn't a sexist, but he kinda believed the stereotype for gangster were like the movies often portrayed them. Muscle-bound guys, with tattoos and then the few smarter, better looking men who really ran things. Not young women who were pratically hidden in their own clothes, then again he came from a different district where things were...nicer. He was still getting used to the new district and it's different culture.

"Hmm...ok...I'm Angel. You're from the Network right? What kind of work do you guys do?" he asked carefully. He may have been turning to a life of crime, but he didn't want to immediately become a murderer-for-hire. If things came down to it he would, but he wasn't the type to just kill for money. He still had Claire to go home to afterall. "More importantly what does the work you do pay?"

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:02 pm

One of the better things about the way she dressed was that her specific features were very difficult to make out. But then, it was after dark and this guy wasn't likely to be a cop. If he was... Well, she wouldn't kill him.

Shade snorted softly, shifting to rest her weight on one leg. She shook her head lightly. "First off, don't give out your real name. Second, you should know more about what you're going to try to join. Third, we do what we're ordered to. Mostly, it's smuggling or sabotage. And fourth, if you're here for the money rather than protection or anything else, you're better off going after bounties."

She glanced over him, pausing at his eyes. "What can you offer us? You've got a mutation. What is it?" She stopped to let him answer, trying to think of additional questions for more information. She wasn't the one who normally did this so she didn't have a clue what to say and she couldn't really use her own recruitment as an example - for one, there wasn't a junkyard nearby much less one getting set on fire or exploding.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Angel wanted to growl at her when she started talking down to him, but he bit it back because she had that right. He didn't really know what he was doing here, but he needed the money and if it came with the added bonus of protection then it would be worth it.

He was relieved she told him it was mostly smuggling and sabotage and not killing people off, but he wasn't foolish enough to think sometimes complications arose.

He also knew he was going to need a nick-name because of his new life, and thought of one when she asked his about his power.
"I can freeze pretty much anything I touch...like so.

Angel reached out and touched the nearby streetlight and ice began to form under and around his hand. "Makes locks brittle and easy to break so I can get in and out of most places easily enough. As for my name...you can call me Glacier...I guess.

Angel shifted his weight from foot to foot nervously, hoping to make a decent impression. He wondered how someone like her got into a life of crime, but didn't question her about it. Everybody had their reasons for doing this and while he'd foolishly given his reason out for free, like this was a legitimate job interview, he knew other people would keep their's a secret. The only thing he definitely planned on keeping a secret was Claire and where exactly he lived. He didn't trust anyone else with her...at least not yet.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 am

She watched him bristle at her tone but he didn't lash out. That was good. Being able to keep a level head was a boon in this line of 'work'. Or, being able to mostly keep one since it was still clear that he was irritated.

Shade nodded at his power and chosen alias. The code name was fitting enough and the power was useful. "Restitution?" she asked, curious if he'd share that now or choose to keep that to himself until he was on a mission with someone.

Her eyebrows raised a little then she reached a hand to push her hood back so that it was just barely over her ears to keep them warm. "Friendly suggestion, learn how to not fidget. It draws attention and makes you look suspicious." And yeah, she was one to talk about that, but she had been getting better about not fidgeting while on gang business.

"Do you have a weapon?" was her next question as she swept her gaze over him again. If he did, it wasn't anything too obvious which was a good thing.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:54 am

When she asked for his restitution he wondered briefly if he should tell her. He knew it would be important at some point in time so he decided to. "I'm a type 1. Got a weakness to hot things...other than that, I can handle myself."

He knew she was right when she told him not to fidget because it rose suspicion, but he couldn't help it. He took a deep breath and relaxed a little more as another cool breeze rolled across his skin. He cracked his neck as he started to get used to talking to another person, let alone a gang member.

"...I got spiked gloves and a metal pipe...anything else I can pretty much make out of ice if I need something. I'm generally better at fighting with my hands though. What about you? What do you do?" he asked curiously. He hadn't been asking much seeing how he was the one who was supposed to be checked out, but he needed to know who he was working with as well if he ever was accepted into the folds of the gang.

"Mind walking while we talk? It's a nice night and moving around the day is a pain in the ass because the sun makes everything so hot."
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 am

Shade snorted softly then laughed at his comment about the sun but she nodded, gesturing for him to start walking then falling in step with him. "I usually find the sun to be too bright rather than too warm," she said. And that was the most she'd say in regards to that.

"Those are good questions to ask anyone you go on a mission with," she said a little absently as she stepped around a light pole. "I'm a mid-range fighter with my weapon and any range with my mutation."

Huffing softly, she glanced at him. "You do realize that even though Network specializes in those two things, that's not all we do, correct? Added on to missions like that, are the standard deliveries, surveillance, and patrols. If you decide to join, any money you earn through bounty hunting or arena fighting is shared with the gang. That said, if you need to use one of the safe houses, they are available."

Angel was lead into a park where Shade stopped abruptly and watched him as he walked a handful more paces before he realized that she wasn't next to him anymore. "Show me what you got."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:34 am

Angel raised an eyebrow at her comment about the sun and thought about the way she dress as well. The goggles and the slightly oversized hoodie hid plenty of skin and everything else was covered up as well. Even in the middle of the night she was wearing her goggles. She was sensitive to light...his West district education was useful for something.

As they continued walking and talking he felt more and more at ease. He was used to fighting so he it was a safe topic for him to talk about. He was interested to know more about her power, but the way she spoke about herself told him she wasn't going to say much more about it.

"Yeah...I assumed I'd have to do some basic grunt work. Isn't that how everything in life is?" he said calmly. He was intrigued by her mention of bounty hunting and arena fighting, but the prospect of sharing the money was a little off-putting. He sighed and thought of it as payment for the protection which she reminded him of. At the very least it was a way to make extra cash...he'd just have to be careful not to let Claire see any of his bruises or cuts.

When he finally snapped out of his thoughts Shade was no longer at his side. He turned around and saw her smirk at him.
"Show me what you got."

Angel blinked at her a few times before he grinned. Had he been expecting a fight, no. Would it make him more relaxed to have traded a few shots with someone, yes. He cracked his neck and knuckles and got into his stance with both his hands open in front of him. "Not exactly what I was expecting to be doing, but ok."

He had no problem fighting a woman if it would help him get where he needed to go. He made a quick step forward and hooked an open hand at her. She jumped back just out of his reach and tried to make distance between them, but Angel knew from experience going forward is much easier than going back. He lunged at her a few more times before he was close enough to catch her sleeve with his fingers. The moment he did his fingers gripped tight and began to form and spread ice on her clothes. She hissed slightly at the sudden feeling of cold againgst her skin and Angel smirked. "I told you before...I can freeze almost anything I can touch."
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 am

Dammit, he was faster than she was. It wasn't by much, but enough that it was going to make it difficult to get away.. She was definitely going to need to use her power to get the distance she'd need for her own weapon and to make sure she didn't accidentally maim or kill him since that would kind of defeat the purpose of them meeting.

Twisting sharply, she swung her free hand up and around, sweeping a curtain of shadows up over her shoulder and knocking him away when it passed between them. While he was recovering, she moved further back and reached for her left wrist, unhooking her bracelet and letting the wire uncoil.

"So I see," she muttered dryly. Flicking her wrist in just the right way, she started her blunt weight swinging. She didn't really plan to move close enough to use this, not with his ability, but it would be a more visual deterrent than the shadows that she had let fade back into the ether.

Tilting her head a little, she decided to see how easy to goad he was. "Are you always so stupidly reckless?" she asked, sounding bored.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm

When Angel was knocked back by her power only one thing went through his mind. "What the hell was that?!"

He quickly sprung himself back to his feet, but by that time Shade had already moved farther away, unraveled her weapon and began swinging it. She muttered something that Angel couldn't bother to pay attention to as he tried to look at whatever it was that hit him. In the middle of a dark area of the park, he wasn't having much success. He only saw her looking at him. "Are you always so stupidly reckless?"

Angel growled lightly and glared at her. Normal people, at this point, would have ice covering their nose and mouth making them unable to breathe. The only thing was Shade was not a normal person and now he had to account for that. "I wasn't being reckless...just seeing what it took to get close. Whatever it was you hit me with was definitely your power...that much I know. Now I just have to figure out what it really is."

Angel looked at her weapon carefully and stretched a little before taking out his gloves and putting them on. Whatever her power was didn't matter. He was a close range fighter and he needed to get closer. He took a deep breath and began sprinting at her.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:01 pm

She snorted. "It was foolish and somewhat suicidal. If I were an actual opponent rather than a stand-in recruiter, you would likely be injured or dead. If you don't know what someone can do, then charging headlong in is an idiotic move. For all you knew, I could breathe fire or have a gun under my hoodie. You can't see my eyes so you couldn't have known for certain if I'm a harbinger or not. That could have gotten you killed. You're fast, yes, but there are people who are faster than you," she lectured while he prepared himself.

Sighing at his sprint, she just rolled her eyes a little and drew up her power. A portion of it was directed into a whisper thin wall that blended in with the darkness but was solid enough to be a bit of a surprise if he actually got near her and slow him down some so she could put more distance between them. The rest was used to dart at him, slamming into the ground with small puffs of frost and trying to herd him away from her. She was curious what he'd do about this and how well he could think on his feet.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Angel hated the way she talked down to him, but knew she was right. This wasn't a simple schoolyard fight between him and some ignorant kids from school. This was a life where danger was real and dying was a possibility. What would he have done if she had a gun? What would've happened if she could breathe fire!? She was right...he was being an idiot, and he hated feeling like that, but he couldn't back down. He still needed to prove himself, if not to her then to himself.

He saw the tentacles and he somersaulted through them and continued running until he hit a wall and fell back. He cursed and clutched at his nose which was now bleeding and probably broken. He pulled it back into place and froze it there as he got up. He couldn't help but feel ridiculous and angry for running into a wall (even one that could barely be seen) and it showed.

He knew she was toying with him and he became even angrier. It had been a Very long time since he got into a fight where he couldn't do anything and it infuriated him. He wasn't going to go back to being that weak kid that anyone could bully, not while he still had someone that needed him.

He backed away from her this time and growled in frustration. He was too angry to think of something to do, but knew he wouldn't get close to her. Not with her power, and not the way he was right now.
"What can I do? What can I do!?" he mumbled to himself trying to think of Anything that would allow him to win, but nothing came to his mind.

He growled in defeat and dropped his head.
"You win...I can't beat you." Angel hated those words, but if there was one thing he was going to take from this, if he got into the gang or not, was not to underestimate his opponents anymore. He walked over a bench and fell into the seat with a sigh. Living to fight another day was a battle too...at least he could say he won that part...
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:04 pm

She watched him, able to focus on his form since it wasn't an actual fight. He was definitely light on his feet considering the way he was avoiding her half-hearted attacks as well as how she tried to direct him away. He didn't seem to have noticed that she wasn't trying to move out of the way of his charge. It wasn't good to lose track of what was going on like that.

Shade winced, her shoulders twitching, when he ran into the wall. She hadn't realized she had put that much energy into it. She had meant to have it more like a net, slowing him down and tangling him up if he tried to go through it. Well, just went to show that she was still learning too.

Watching him for a little, she figured he wasn't trying to trick her and let her power fade again. She walked over to sit next to him and offered a small, apologetic smile. "Sorry about your nose. It wasn't supposed to be that hard." She huffed softly, leaning back. "That was smart of you, knowing when to give in I mean. I know people who wouldn't. You're tenacious too, which is a good thing. So long as you work with someone who can balance you, I'd say you could be an asset." She turned to face him, bending her leg to rest it on the bench. "What else can you do? You can fight and you're a harbinger, but what can you do without your power and outside of skirmishes?"
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Angel wasn't necessarily in the best mood to talk to her, seeing how she just beat him in a fight, and when she apologized he scoffed. "Don't apologize. A fight's a fight and you wouldn't apologize to anyone else you got into a fight with. It's just been a while...still getting used to being outside again."

Angel cursed inwardly hoping she wouldn't ask him what he meant by that and dug his nails into his palm as a form of self-punishment. He'd really been telling her too much in this conversation.

"Thanks... for the compliments I guess..." Angel said as he leaned his head back and closed his eyes trying to calm himself down. He heard her shift around before she asked him about what he could do and he had to think about it.

" Without my powers? I don't really know. Kinda new to this life...in the past I did some martial arts and gymnastics, but other than that...I know a bit of first aid. I'm a quick learner though...so whatever else I get taught to do, I'll be able to do from then on...

A fairly high IQ, a temper problem that just broke his nose, and basic fighting skills that got him no-where close to winning a fight with someone who going easy on him and no other skills...he scoffed at himself and ran his hand through his hair. He was dead weight as far as he saw it, but he was going to change that as soon as he could. He thought back to his days in highschool and also the time he spent in the hospital and thought of how he survived during those times.

"If it means anything, I'm pretty good at getting around without being noticed and keeping things I want hidden to stay hidden from people. Been doing it for years actually..." Now that he was calming down more he was thinking more clearly. He used to take on multiple people in his highschool by running away and then luring them into traps to take the out one by one. In the hospital he'd actually had stolen a key from an orderly and used it to find the building plans three weeks later so he could make an escape plan. He'd gotten caught and was thrown into solitary after fighting the orderlies, but he still remembered the plans of the building to this day. Maybe he had more to offer than he thought.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Hidden eyes narrowed when he scoffed at her. "That might be the case, but more force was used than I intended and I have killed people before when that has happened. So while you might be okay with what happened, which you clearly aren't but that's for different reasons, I'm not." She huffed, turning away again. "And you're welcome."

She tilted her head back, her hood completely slipping off as she looked at the sky. "Being able to sneak and hide things is good, especially for what we do. You'll be able to sign up for missions at your level or lower, and I'd suggest trying everything at least once so you know what you're good at. Some of your missions will be assigned though as well and some of them will be things you don't want to do. If you get established with a specialty quickly, then you'll likely be kept to things like that." She stretched her arms a little before leaning forward again, trying to cover the melancholy look that crossed her face. Now was not the time to be thinking about Kier. She needed to work on getting over him, not still be dwelling on him.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:27 am

Angel was surprised to hear she didn't have as much control as she seemed to have over her power. He turned to look at her carefully when she told him she'd killed people by accident and was suddenly a lot more thankful he only had a broken nose.

He watched her as she tilted her head back and her face became clear to him. She was younger than him, and kinda pretty. Once again the thought of what got her into this life crossed his mind and once again his question remained un-asked.
"Thanks for the advice...I'll keep it in mind."

He knew he didn't want to go into any kind of killing work so he'd try to avoid that as much as possible, but if he was ordered into it...he wondered if he could actually do it. Hopefully he'd have a specialty before that ever came up.

He saw her stretch and the look on her face instantly reminded him of Claire whenever she was dwelling on something and before he could stop himself he turned to her.
"Feel like talking about it, whatever 'it' is?" he asked nonchalantly. He wouldn't be surprised if she told him no, but to him she was already a friend. She had already helped him a lot in just one night and was treating him like a person. To him that was enough to be considered a friend. Was he expecting her to tell him her life story right now, no, but if she wanted she could tell him whatever was on her mind without fear of judgement. Even if he did judge her she could just beat his ass again.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Shade blinked and glanced over, surprised that he had asked. She eyed him, debating to herself on if he was sincere in offering to listen or not. Finally deciding that it didn't matter much either way and she didn't really care either, she shrugged.

"Just... thinking about my ex and wondering, yet again, why he cheated on me and if it was because of something I had done or didn't do or or if I took too long to be ready or if I just wasn't enough or..." She closed her eyes, looking down and away as she let out a slow, somewhat shuddering breath. She was so sick of crying over him and just wanted to stop, but her body didn't agree with her that she had cried enough.

After a moment, she rubbed one gloved hand over her mouth and huffed softly. "Sorry," she mumbled. She leaned back against the bench again, forcing herself not to fidget too much and limiting it to properly recoiling her weapon into the bracelet she wore it as and fastening it around her wrist again.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Angel looked at her carefully as his hands clutched down on the wood and began freezing it over. She had been cheated on and the way she explained how she was feeling made Angel realize the man was her first and he was pissed someone could betray her like that. Angel had no experience whatsoever in that area of life, he was too busy fighting ignorant kids and being locked away in a mental hospital to have had any kind of connection like that, but still he thought of Love being a connection that you don't ever turn your back on.

"Did you love him?" he asked carefully. He waited for her response and then his face fell into a frown. He fidgeted a bit before sighing and turning to her and softly putting his arm around her. "Don't apologize...and it isn't your fault" He knew it was awkward to hug, especially after the little fight, but it was something he felt the need to do. His own pain and anger was something he could get over in a couple of minutes, but he couldn't stand people being sad around him. Well, people he considered friends anyway. His hand rubbed a small circle into her back hoping to help and they sat in silence like that for a few moments. "Feel better?" he asked a bit awkwardly.

Yeah...this was probably the kindest thing he'd done since he was a kid, besides break Claire out with him...but that was filled with him doing bad stuff to people so it didn't really count. He felt something drip onto his stomach and saw a small droplet of blood. He sighed as the ice on his nose was almost completely melted and he was going to need a real bandage to keep it set.
" Do you mind if we go get something for this?" he asked softly while pointing to his nose. It didn't hurt as much, but he didn't need to look like a bloody fountain when he got home. Claire would probably be worried to death just by seeing the broken nose with the bandage. The blood would just be overkill for her.

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Did she love him? Oh, yes, more than was probably smart all things considered. She nodded slowly. "Yeah, I did. I still do. And I only met him in August. We started dating at the end of September." She sniffled a little, leaning against him after she got over her surprise that he was hugging her. It felt nice that someone she didn't really know was willing to comfort her, but it also made it harder for her to not to start crying again.

She nodded again when he asked if she felt better, tugging off a glove before reaching up to tug her goggles down so she could wipe her eyes dry. Turning toward him at his question, she blinked, reflective eyes taking in the blood easily. "Oh, yeah, sorry. There's a convenience store nearby that we can get some first aid supplies for me to tend to that for you." She stood then offered her hand with a shy smile and light blush. "And I'm sorry that my personal stuff got involved in your recruitment. But thanks for making me feel a bit better."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Angel chuckled at her blush and took her hand as he stood up. "You mean this wasn't part of the test?" he said jokingly before getting serious."Don't worry about it. As long as you're feeling a little better it's fine. You have helped me out with this, and you haven't given me blatant ignorant hate, so that makes you my second friend in life."he said calmly. It was kind of sad to say, but it was something he was used to.

They walked to the store and he paid for the bandages and he growled at the man behind the counter who leered at him because of his eye. Angel was fairly certain that if the cashier had something that separated him from Angel he wouldn't have let them buy the bandage, of course had that been the case Angel would've just taken it.

Once they were done with that they went back to the park and he sat back down as she opened the package and started to dress the wound. He hissed as she pressed the bandage on his nose.
"Thanks...So...what now? he asked curious if he had anything else he needed to do before this recruitment thing was done.

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:29 pm

"Talking about personal stuff? No, not that I'm aware of. But then, when I was recruited, it was after a fight and a fire and part of one of the junkyards exploding," she answered frankly before realizing that he wasn't serious. She really needed to get better about recognizing stuff like that, she mused as she fixed her goggles.

Shade smiled brightly when he called her a friend. "Well, thanks anyway. And I'm happy to have more friends."

She tried to argue about paying for the supplies since she was the one who caused the injury but got a bit ignored so she just huffed softly about it, rolling her eyes at that and how the men were glaring at each other.

Back at the park, Shade bent over to tend to his nose, checking to make sure that it was straight first. "You're welcome. It's the least I could do after breaking your nose," she said, turning to throw the debris away before sitting next to him again, leaning forward to set her arms on her legs. "Now? You give me your phone so I can give you my number and tomorrow you get a hold of something with a simple hourglass on it since that's the current gang symbol. We use them to identify to each other. When you've got one, you either call or text me and I'll take you to headquarters and help you get settled, basically. You know, a tour and such."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:22 am

Angel smiled shyly when she called him her friend as well. He learned that just because he thought of someone as a friend didn't mean that they thought of you the same way. He shrugged and passed her his phone and watching her type her number on it. "Ok. I'll go looking for something tomorrow." he said somewhat absently as he thought of what he could afford to get without it being too noticeable to Claire.

His eyes popped open at the thought of Shade finding Claire's number and somehow making the connection that as soon as she was done with typing her number he snatched his phone away. He may have called her a friend, but Claire was there before her and she needed protection, Shade did not.
"Sorry...we all have our secrets... he said meekly as he pocketed his phone. "I'll see you tomorrow Shade...
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Shade blinked in surprise when he grabbed his phone so abruptly and looked at him, eyes wide behind her dark lenses. "Okay... I can understand that, but I wasn't going to look at anything else. What's on your phone is your business." She shrugged, putting it down to him just being odd. And for all she knew, he was. After all, it wasn't like she really knew him. She had a feeling that he was a good guy, but she had thought that about Kier too. She just knew that she wasn't going to go jumping into things with anyone ever again - assuming she was willing to trust someone like that again.

She smiled at Angel, standing. "Yeah, see you tomorrow. You have a good night... Glacier, or...?" She trailed off, not sure what he would prefer to be called.

"Have a good night. Walk home safely," she said with a smile before turning to walk further into the park. She just kind of wanted to be alone to think for a bit and would head home later.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 pm

"Okay... I can understand that, but I wasn't going to look at anything else. What's on your phone is your business." Angel sighed and felt like a jerk for suspecting her of anything, but he just couldn't be too careful. He and Claire were still escapee's and, while they had destroyed the files connecting them to the hospital, he wasn't sure if anyone would discover their secret. He'd just have to hope no-one would.

"Angel...call me Angel. We're friends after all..." he said with a faint smile. He wasn't going to ask her name, because after his little lesson he was sure that she hadn't given him her real name, but he'd wait. "You be safe too." he said as he walked home. He knew he'd have to keep his gang related activities a secret from Claire, but he didn't think it would be that hard. He could still say he was working two jobs and that was what was keeping him out so late at night. The only thing he'd have to be careful was getting any bruises or cuts.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down