THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chance of Hope [Angel, Claire]

2 posters

Go down

Chance of Hope [Angel, Claire] Empty Chance of Hope [Angel, Claire]

Post by Claire Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 pm

It’s been a couple of months since they have started staying at Claire’s home. Claire still has moments where she can’t go near Angel as often, but she can handle being within an arm’s reach of him now. She stays in the house a majority of the time, where as Angel is usually gone working. She often wonders why his job tends to keep him out for extremely prolonged hours but she never asked. She assumed Angel’s fatigue would get to him and she wouldn’t want for him to snap at her. The last thing she wanted to do was upset Angel.

Soft sounds of plates and utensils clinking together were heard as she stood there and rinsed away the remnants of the soapy residue. She placed the clean dishes onto the drying rack and dried her hands off. She looked at the small clock that read a little before midnight.
‘Angel will be home soon…I hope that is..’ she thought to herself as she picked Jack up from his seat at the table.

Things were always quiet in the apartment now. She would hate some times when Angel would leave because that meant she would be alone for a prolonged time. Sometimes she wouldn’t see Angel for the whole day due to his work. She sat down on the couch and cuddled up with Jack as she just started at the flickering images on the television. Even though she could be very close to him while she was awake she knew he was the one who always carried her to her bed whenever she would pass out in front of the television waiting for him or when she would pass out on the computer’s keyboard. She felt a strange sense of security from him but she fear his ever movement at times. She curled up as she felt the cool air nip at her legs and feet. She didn’t really feel the need to alter the AC since the heat made Angel uncomfortable. She didn’t mind the cold anyway.

Her eyes drifted away from the television to the carpet then to the coffee table and she saw a picture of her mother. She covered her mouth with Jack’s head as her eyes lingered on the picture.
‘Mommy…’ she thought quietly. She reached over then turned the picture down as she continued to stare at the coffee table. Her eyes shifted a bit as the show on the television went to credits and the whole room went dark for a while. “Why can’t you be here…” she mumbled as she turned to look at the scrolling text. "Angel’s late...ag…" she said quietly as she felt her eyes close and sleep start to set.
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Chance of Hope [Angel, Claire] Empty Re: Chance of Hope [Angel, Claire]

Post by Angel Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Angel had been spending a lot of time out of the house to avoid Claire seeing him with his bruises. His failed bounty hunt hadn't been long ago, but with his albino skin the bruises were like deep purple paint spattered in heavy dots on a canvas. Angel figured it should've been late enough for him to go home and find Claire sleeping again and quickly left the cafe. Iced coffee had become a dear friend to him ever since he joined the work force, but tomorrow he was doomed. He had no work to hide behind and definitely no gang activities, which meant he was going to be stuck at home lying to Claire and trying to avoid any questions that she might get brave enough to ask.

He was surprised she was silent about his late night "shifts" and hadn't asked a real question about them. He doubted she was so gullible to believe everything he told her, but maybe she was just too afraid to ask him. She'd gotten better around him for the most part, but there were still those days where she looked at him like a victim did her murderer.

He sighed as He got into the elevator and hit the button the fourth floor. He hated that look. He hated seeing her afraid, but there was nothing he could do. The best and only thing he could do was stay away from her until her episode passed and she calmed down.

Like he'd hoped he found Claire sleeping on the couch. He frowned softly when he saw tears rolling down her sleeping face. He picked her up gently and put her in her bed before taking over the couch and trying to find out what made her cry. He noticed the turned down picture frame on the coffee table and turned it up and saw a picture of Claire and her mother.

He frowned and set the picture back down.
All that time since we knew about her mother's death we'd never went to visit her grave... Angel thought to himself as he went into his room and locked the door before stripping down to nothing to avoid getting hot and getting on the bed. Tomorrow we'll go see her...say our respects. Hopefully she'll want to go...
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:10 pm

In the morning Claire woke up in her bed. She shifted and felt the weight of the comforter on her as she opened her eyes slightly. She felt dampness on her pillow and quickly lifted herself up. She saw the darkened fabric of the pillow as she tapped her face gently and felt the dampness on her cheek as well. She sighed and rubbed her eyes as she got out of bed and pulled out some things to take a shower. ‘I hope Angel didn’t see me crying, I really hate making him worry.’ she thought reluctantly.

She quickly showered as quietly as she could before exiting to the hallway. She hesitated opening her door when she noticed that the room next to her’s door was closed.
‘So..Angel’s still here’ she felt a little eased as she continued to dry her hair and went into her room, ‘I should probably start breakfast, he’ll be hungry when he wakes up.’ She thought absent-mindedly as she sat at her desk and opened up her computer. She looked over her online site for her artwork and processed some orders before closing it and heading out to the kitchen.

She turned the corner and saw Angel sitting at the table looking as if he was stuck in thought. She sighed quietly and scolded herself for not having anything ready for him before he woke up,
“Sorry…I’ll start breakfast now.” She mumbled as she sat Jack at the table, then walked to the fridge and began to take things out. She sat the things onto counter and turned on the stove. "...You don't have work this morning?" she asked hesitantly as she looked over her shoulder
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:03 pm

"...You don't have work this morning?" Angel shook his head sleepily as he let out a yawn. "No...not today...it's my day off." Angel said tiredly.

When Claire turned back to cooking he wondered how he could bring up the subject of visiting her mother's grave. Part of him wanted to be to the point and just tell her that they were going, but he knew that would only frighten her. The other part of him knew he needed to gently guide her to the idea...his only problem now was that he sucked at being gentle.

"Um...Claire? Is there...anything you want to do today? Anywhere special you want to go? You know...since we're both here and we have nothing to do?" He sighed at himself for making it sound like he was trying to do something he wasn't. It's not that he didn't like her, it was just that she was his first friend and he didn't want to do anything that might scare her away. He just hoped that she hadn't taken it the wrong way and was about to freak out over it.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Claire heard his suggestion, yet she never really did anything. She usually stayed in the house and would draw or clean or cook. Just recently through Angel’s suggestion she set up a website to sell her artwork online and now she just periodically manages that. She shifted the skillet on the stove as she continued to cook the food, “u-um..No…I don’t have anything I want to do…” she sighed. She hated the fact that even when he was home she never had anything to do with angel and the things she did would obviously bore the man.

She couldn’t ask him if he wanted to draw with her again since he didn’t really have much fun doing that before.
“mm…Angel?” she hesitated as she thought for a while. She’s gotten better with going out of the house again to make trips to pick up groceries and such, yet…Angel is usually with her.

“Yeah?” she heard him reply. Just then a idea popped into her head as she remembered there was a park near by. She turned the stove off and she slid the omelets and hash browns she was cooking onto a plate and placed it in front of Angel. “do…do you want to go to the park? Later..?” she said quietly as she sat down. She was nervous at the idea of casually going outside but she wanted to entertain Angel, especially since it was one of his rare day offs. “i-it’s ok if you don’t want to..I can think of something else.” She said quickly as she saw him getting ready to respond.
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:24 pm

The park? Well...I guess it's a start. he thought to himself just as she blurted out something out of her nervousness again. He sighed softly. "I don't see any harm in going to the park. It's good idea. One thing though...once we're done there I want you to come with me to one place. It's..." he hesitated before finishing with. "...somewhere special."

Angel sighed internally feeling bad he was going to trick her into going to see her mother. He knew she was going to be upset with him once they got there, but he felt like it was something that she had to do. He looked around and saw some of her finished artwork. He casually walked over and looked them over. He was happy she found something to entertain herself and make a little money. Most of it went back into supplies and stuff, but every little bit helped.

Once Claire finished with breakfast they ate and got dressed to go out. Angel would normally have just worn a button up shirt without any buttons done, but this time he wore a tank-top underneath to hide the bruises. He put his gloves in his pocket, but left his pipe home so it wouldn't freak Claire out. He waited by the doorway for her a little nervous. It'd been a while since they'd gone outside together to do anything and Angel was nervous if anything would set her off accidentally. She always had her room to hide in when she had a panic attack in the house, but out in the streets...there was nowhere she would be able to hide to calm down. He sighed and hoped for the best.
"Claire...you ready?"
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:29 pm

A smile spread across Claire’s face as she heard Angel agree to her idea. She looked down and grinned, “o-okay!” she said giddly. They finished their food and Claire went back to her room to put on some different clothing as Angel took a shower and got ready.

She rummaged through her closet and pulled out a t-shirt and a hoodie but paused.
“It’s…somewhere special.” Angel’s words ran through her mind and she looked at what she had in her hands. “I should wear something else…if it’s a place special to Angel then... I should look the part.” She said to herself. She remembered the area Angel lived in and wondered if there was a place near by that even reached that standard. She sat there for a second and stared at her closet. “Wait..” she mumbled before pulling out a long black dress that only for special occasions. Her mother got it for her for her graduation but…that never happened. “This counts as a special occasion, doesn’t it mom?” she said quietly as she looked at the dress.

She quickly got up and changed into the dress and was looking at herself in the mirror. She scratched her head in frustration and covered her mouth. She looked over at Jack who was sitting on the end of her bed facing her.
“This looks special worthy doesn’t it, Jack?” she said as she did a twirl for Jack, who was silent. She stood there for a second and smiled before putting on her shoes. “I don’t have any occasional shoes but…my platform shoes will work wont they?” she turned to Jack who was silent. She grinned giddly and slipped them on. She pulled a light jacket off her desk chair and gave jack a tight hug. “I'm glad I still have you…” she said muffled by Jack’s body.

“Claire…You Ready?” She heard Angel call from the hallway. “Y-yes! Sorry I’m taking so long!” she replied as she sat Jack down against her pillow and turned for the door. She stopped at the door and turned to Jack who was facing her and she looked down shyly. “I..I’ll have fun…I’ll tell you all about it when I get back, ok?” she said to Jack who was silent. She looked down and said good-bye to Jack before she exited her room.

She walked down the hall to see angel leaning against the wall looking down with a strange expression on his face. She was perplexed by his expression she hoped her extensive time in her room didn’t annoy him,
“what’s wrong?” she asked meekly.
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Angel watched Claire for a moment in shock. He wasn't expecting her to wear a dress to the park, but she looked beautiful in it. It made Angel feel completely under-dressed even though he was wearing a button-up shirt. It took him a good minute to recognize that she didn't have her stuffed animal, Jack, with her. That made him take another minute before being able to speak.

“What’s wrong?”

"N-No...nothing's wrong...you...you just look amazing." he said with a light blush on his face. He saw her smile and blush back before he held out his hand."Are you sure you want to go without Jack?" he asked carefully. Claire took his hand before she nodded and they went out to the park and just relaxed. Angel knew they were getting a few strange look from the average folk and the few gang members who were skulking around were warded off by flashing his hourglass symbol and hiding the symbol before Claire noticed. "Having fun?"
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:12 pm

She saw the shocked look on Angel’s face and she immediately regretted coming out of her room. Yet the compliment from him made her grin inwardly. She felt herself blush a little as she began to wring her hands. They stood there quiet for a little bit as angel studied her for a second. "Are you sure you want to go without Jack?" he asked in a careful tone. Her smile dropped a slightly and she hesitantly grabbed his hand, “Yes..” she said quietly as she nodded. She saw look down and raise a brow as his eyes looked back at her. She squeezed his hand as she looked down and heard Angel chuckle softly. “Ok then, let’s go.” he said as they left the apartment.

Once they were outside Claire felt well apprehensive would be a understatement considering how busy the streets were this morning. She clung to Angel’s side as they made their way to the park; she was rather shocked at how empty the park was. She stopped at the entrance causing her to pull angel’s arm as he kept trying to walk. He looked back with a confused look on his face,
“What’s wrong?” he asked as concern traced his face. She looked down and bit her lip and just shook her head, “N-nothing,..I'm sorry..” she walked up to Angel and tightened her grip on his hand. “L-let’s continue?” she said as she looked up and smiled at him. His expression softened and they continued on their walk.

The park was a lot more soothing than she had expected it to be rather stressful but then again she also expected a lot more people. They continued to walk in silence with Claire still grasping Angel’s hand,
‘This is the longest and the closest I’ve been around Angel without freaking out…maybe I am getting better.’ she thought as she smiled softly.

She turned to see Angel gesturing to some people that were giving them looks and quickly shoved his hand back into his pocket. She narrowed her eyes at the people and then looked up at angel who smiled back at her. She looked away and just looked forward.
‘First, it’s the wincing and the extended periods of time in the bathroom and then the change of wardrobe to long sleeves and t-shirts and now this…I know he’s hiding something from me..’ she thought regretfully as she felt angel rub the back of her hand with his thumb she looked up and saw him give her a quick smile, “Having fun?” he asked casually. she thought as she gave a reassuring smile. “Y..yes…thank you for taking me out here…are you enjoying your day off?..” she said with a soft smile. ‘I just wish he would tell me…’
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Angel smiled at Claire's timid nature. It was nice to see her trying to get past her own fears. He was proud of her.

“Y..yes…thank you for taking me out here…are you enjoying your day off?..”

"Very much actually. It's nice to get out of the house...and nicer to see you outside it too." he teased. They sat on a bench under the shade of a tree by the pond in the center of the park and began to relax. They stayed there just talking until the sky began to go dark.

"Ok Claire...I think it's time I took you to the special place like I promised..." he said quietly. He'd meant to take her earlier, but he couldn't bring himself to cut short her little bit of happiness in the park. She nodded and he got up with her and took the bus with her to the graveyard.

Once they were in front of it's gates Claire stopped and just stood there looking confused and scared.
"A-Angel?...W-what are we doing here?"Claire asked with a voice full of apprehension.

"We're here to visit your mother..."
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:49 am

“We’re here to visit your mother..” he said in a saddened tone.

Claire’s eyes went wide as she comprehended what angel just said,
“W-..why??” she asked her voice barely above a whisper.

Angel looked as if he regretted what he said and just sighed,
“Because Claire, I think it’s time you did this...” he said quietly as he rubbed the back of her hand which his thumb. Claire abruptly jerked her hand from his and backed away from him a little, “You..you said you were..going to take me s-somewhere special..” she mumbled as she rubbed the side of her arm slightly.

“Claire..this is someplace special..if you make i—“

“How is being reminded my only family is gone special!” she said bitterly as she looked down.

“It doesn’t have to be like that Cl—” he said as he started to approach her. She backed away almost immediately, “But it is!” she cut him off, “This'll be no...nothing b-but a reminder that she’s gone!…and she is not coming back...w-why did you lie to me?” she said quietly as she held back a few tears. “T-this isn’t a special place…just a bad memory.” she said darkly as she looked back up at him, feeling the tear trail down.

“Claire…I..” he paused, “I didn’t mean to lie to you…I just want to see you happy. I hate coming home..to find you crying in your sleep...” he said in a defeated tone.

“T-this doesn’t make me..h-happy..it hurts!” She said as she gripped her arms tighter. She felt like she had been played a fool. Why would Angel bring her here and call it a special place…why did he lie?...She let out more tears and tried to whipped them away with her sleeve, “I-I don’t want to be here…I’m leaving…” she said sadly as she turned and started walking away from Angel.

Last edited by Claire on Fri May 17, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:15 am

Angel fucked up by not telling her the truth, but he wasn't planning on letting her simply walk away from this without first visiting her mother.

"Claire...don't just go! You haven't visited your mother once since we found out about her death!" Angel said as he moved in front of her. "I know it's hard, but you can't call this the only reminder you have. You don't go into her room, you keep all the pictures in the house, and I know you are hurting because you cry in your sleep!" He would've have to have been blind to miss the shocked and hurt look on her face. He didn't want to hurt her so he lowered his voice. "I brought you here, because...you need it...and I didn't want you to have to go through it alone."

He took a step towards and hugged her which she initially began to pull away from, before she hugged him back tightly as she cried. "I know this is difficult, but I really think it's something you have to do. It will help you to deal with her passing...besides like this you can still visit her every once in a while..." he said with small sense of hope she would listen and agree with him.

"Please Claire...even if it is only this once...visit your mother...and at least give her your last respects. Maybe you could introduce her to me? You know...your friend." he said tentatively. He knew he was walking on thin ice, but it was all he had at the moment. He also couldn't believe himself for asking her to 'introduce' him to her mother. It's not like he was anything too important to Claire. He was simply her friend. Sure they lived together, spent a lot of time together, and broke out of a mental hospital together, but that didn't change the fact that they were friends. So why did it bother him so much?
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Claire just stood there in in Angel’s arms letting herself cry. She was angry at the fact that he lied to her but she realized he had a point. Going home after this would only bring more pain. She would find pictures of her mother around the house.

"Please Claire...even if it is only this once...visit your mother...and at least give her your last respects. Maybe you could introduce her to me? You know...your friend."
Claire’s eyes popped open at that response and she just looked up then to the side. She didn’t think Angel would consider her a friend but she felt kind of happy at the fact. She looked down and rubbed the tears from her eyes and backed up slightly from Angel. Her nerves and mind were a mess and she was just plain scared.

She took a breath and wrapped her arms around herself. She looked up to Angel,
“…Are you going to come with me?” she asked warily. She saw a soft smile come onto his face and he nodded. She felt at a bit more ease than she was when she saw that. “Mmm…okay…” she said hesitantly. She offered her hand out to Angel who flashed her a reassuring smile and they entered the gravesite.

Walking by the graves and being around the solitude of the graveyard put her at a bit of unease. She brushed it off because she knew this wasn’t a bad place. It just hurt her to be here.
“Helen….Esthergreen.” she mumbled to herself. She just stood there staring at the grave stone that had her mother’s name and dates engraved onto it and nothing else.

‘What do I say…’
she thought. She sighed and felt Angel’s hand on her shoulder. Surprisingly she didn’t flinch, she just continued to stare at the grave. “H-hi…mommy.” She mumbled, “I…I thought that Angel and doctor were..just lying but…I thought it was some horrible joke..but..” There was a moment of silence as she sniffled. “I guess…you really aren’t..coming back home…” she let out a soft sob, “I just…I don’t want you to leave me!...I wish this was a night terror and I’d just wake up and see you in the living room…like when I was younger…but, that’s just a lie…” She wiped a few tears away, “I got your birthday cards…and I read them every time I think about you...” she said as she rubbed her arm. “...I even made a friend too.” she said rather happily as she looked back at Angel then back to the grave. “His name is Angel…and he’s helped me a lot. He helps me deal with my fear…he’s always cheers me up when I'm sad…He even takes care of me when I'm sick.” She was silent for a moment. “...I guess you can say…he’s kind of a guardian angel for me…” she laughed quietly at that and sighed, “So…you don’t have to cry for me anymore…I’m better now…” she said quietly as she touched the grave stone, “I’ll be ok…you don’t have to worry anymore.” She said quietly as she stood up. “I love you mommy and I hope you can finally rest…Goodbye…” she said as she felt the last few tears trail down her cheek.
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:09 am

Angel stood quietly next to Claire as she spoke to her mother. He put his hand on her shoulder simply to let her know that he was there and he hadn't she wasn't alone and she seemed to take a bit of comfort in that. His heart filled with sadness for her when she admitted to wishing her mother's death was just a bad dream, but he didn't voice it. He only stood quiet and let her continue uninterrupted. When she mentioned his name he couldn't help, but give a small smile. He ended up blushing lightly when she called him her guardian angel. It made him feel a bit better about his 'friend' situation.

He waited for her to finish and when she said her goodbyes Angel gave her a light squeeze on her shoulder.
"Would you mind if I said a little something as well?"

Claire blinked at him once before shaking her head slowly, letting him move in front of the grave. He looked down at the smooth stone slightly nervous and glanced at Claire who watched him quietly.

"Um...Hello Hel-...Ms. Esthergreen. My name is Angel...I guess your daughter already told you that I'm her friend so there's no point in me saying it. I just wanted to say Claire's in good hands. I promise that I won't let anything happen to her so you can be at peace." He looked over at Claire to see a faint smile on her face and it made him happy. He enjoyed seeing her happy.

He said his goodbye as well before they took the trip back home and were safely back in their apartment. He felt bad they hadn't brought her mother flowers, but he couldn't buy them without telling Claire what they would be for and that probably would've stopped her from going and he couldn't risk that. He only hoped that now that Claire had confronted her mother's death, she could move on properly from it.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 am

As they entered the building, Claire had been more quiet than her usual. She finally saw the truth behind her mother’s whereabouts. She still felt this huge amount of sadness but she also felt…calmer. She kept her head down as she waited for Angel to open the door. Oddly enough, nothing was going through her head, things in her mind were in a calm silence. Her mind just went blank after they left the cemetery and it’s been like that since.

They entered the apartment in silence. Claire walked over to the couch and sat down as she stared at the coffee table. Not really in thought just letting her mind sit in silence. Yet she felt better than she had before when she was last sitting in this spot. She snapped from her daze when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw this worried look from Angel as she looked up at him.

Her gaze slowly went down and she gently touched Angel’s hand as she stood up, “I’m going to go change…and start dinner.” She said quietly as she looked up at Angel. He gave her a comforting look and smiled at her as he nodded. When she got back to her room she closed the door and just sat on the end of her bed and stared at whatever was in front of her. She sighed and rubbed her eyes as she started to feel the fatigue get to her.

She turned to see Jack staring at her to which she reached over and cuddled up to him. There was a moment of silence. “Things were…unexpected” she mumbled. “Well…we went to the park, and that was nice.” She said as a smile started on her lips. “But…I..um, hmm”, she sat up and sat Jack down in front of her, “Remember the special place I mentioned before we left?” she made jack nod. “Well…it was…Mommy’s grave.” she said quietly as she looked down at her hands. “Yeah..I’m fine.” There was a bout of silence. “Jack…he wasn’t trying to mess with me. He just wants to help me...come to terms with it…you know..” she trailed off. There was another bout of silence. “Don’t be mad.” She started as she pulled Jack closer, “I…I needed it, and-” She looked to the side, “And he was there with me…the whole time.” She as she fiddled with Jack’s ear. “Yeah…I said my last words, it was a nice final conversation. Angel even spoke to her.” there was silence and she perked up as she realized Jack what Jack had said. “No, We didn’t leave flowers…Oh..” she said in a worried tone. “Ok, I’ll go ask him.” she said as she sat Jack down and rushed to her door.

Upon opening her door she ran directly into something causing her to squeak and withdraw partially. Upon looking up she saw Angel with this scared look on his face. She shook her head and nodded that she was ok. Angel gave her an expectant look. “Sorry…Angel, can we go buy some flowers tomorrow…we didn’t leave any..” She got quiet for a moment and then raised a brow to Angel, “Were you standing outside my room?”
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Mon May 20, 2013 10:17 am

Angel watched Claire carefully on the way home and even still when they finally were home. He wanted to be sure she wasn't going to have a breakdown or anything like that. It wasn't strange for her to be quiet, but the way she looked was like she was in a daze as she sat on the couch. He lightly touched on her shoulder to get her attention "Claire?" he said quietly, managing to get her to snap out of it.

She stood up and mumbled something to him about changing and cooking before she walked by him and into her room. She'd closed the door behind him and while he knew he should've probably gotten changed out of his clothes now that he was inside the warm apartment, but he was still worried about her.

He quietly walked to her door and pressed his ear against the door to make sure she wasn't crying. It didn't go so well because Claire's voice was always so quiet, so after a few minutes of failing to hear anything he was ready to give up. He took his ear off the door and not more than five seconds after the door opened and Claire squeaked from bumping into him. It was an adorable noise from his perspective, but he was more worried if she was okay and the fact he got caught trying to listen to her through her door.

“Sorry…Angel, can we go buy some flowers tomorrow…we didn’t leave any.” She asked quietly and a little pleadingly, but money was already tight as it was. Rent payment was coming up soon and then there were groceries that needed buying. He didn't want to tell her no, but they were pretty much living from check to check. That's why he needed the extra money from the gang missions and bounties. Every little bit helped. “Were you standing outside my room?”

Angel froze up and shook his head. "Um...I was just checking if you were okay." he said truthfully. As for the flowers...I'm not sure we can afford them. I'm sorry...

Claire's face was filled with disappointment and sadness when she heard him tell her no and he felt bad for making her feel like that. He also felt bad that they hadn't brought her mother flowers either, but the flowers would just wilt away in the end. Just then he had idea.

"Claire...I think I can do something for your mother, but I don't think it'll make it to the graveyard and I have to be at work tomorrow, so do you mind if we just put a flower here? By her picture or something?"
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon May 27, 2013 6:43 am

Angel jumped at her question. She gave him a confused look as she waited for him to respond. "Um...I was just checking if you were okay.” Angel face flustered as he stuttered slightly in his response. “I'm sorry…” he said in a rather defeated tone as he looked away from Claire.

Claire felt her face drop as she heard Angel’s response to her request for flowers. She didn’t expect for him to actually say no. Yet, she knew he was usually busy, with work and paying the bills and such. “oh…” she mumbled barely above a whisper.

Just as she was about to turn back Angel gently grabbed her shoulder, “Claire...I think I can do something for your mother, but I don't think it'll make it to the graveyard and I have to be at work tomorrow, so do you mind if we just put a flower here? By her picture or something?" he said in a hopeful tone.

Claire looked up at him with a surprised look on her face and felt a smile curl on her lips, “That'd be Perfect, Angel!” she paused and then looked down in thought, “But…where would we get the flower?? There aren’t any flower shops near here.” she said as she looked back up at Angel.
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Wed May 29, 2013 2:56 am

Angel smiled at her enthusiasm. He hadn't seen her face light up so much before. It made Angel smile and blush awkwardly, but as soon as it had arrived it was gone and replaced by a confused look.

“But…where would we get the flower?? There aren’t any flower shops near here.”

Angel shook his head. "It's not that kind of flower. Just...get a your favorite, most memorable picture of her. We can put it next to that, in a bowl." Angel said carefully, unsure if mentioning the picture would bring her back down. "I'll go and get the bowl. You pick the picture and we'll put it somewhere we won't forget.

He left her alone for a few moments as he slipped into the kitchen and searched for a bowl that wasn't dirty and wasn't slightly chipped. He finally found one with a small pattern of yellow and pink flowers growing on vines that followed the rim of the eggshell white bowl and on the inside was a picture of another flower. Angel nodded, happy with his selection, before he took it back to Claire. "Got the picture?"

Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed May 29, 2013 4:01 am

"I'll go and get the bowl. You pick the picture and we'll put it somewhere we won't forget." Angel said in a careful tone. She watched Angel leave to go to the kitchen and she stood there for a moment just watching his retreating figure in thought.

'My favorite, most memorable pictures of her...' she repeated to herself. She never really had a favorite she enjoyed a majority of the pictures she saw of her mother. Her brow furrowed in thought as she walked into her room to see if she had any pictures of her mother in her room. To her knowledge she didn't and she sighed, "Favorite picture..." she mumbled to herself as she looked around her room.

She realized the picture that she would always see and it instantly reminded her of her mother was the one of her and her mother when she was 12. she stood up and smiled as she grabbed Jack then headed out to the living room. "Got the picture?" Claire jumped slightly and clutched jack as she turned to see Angel holding the bowl. she shook the fear off and nodded at him with a smile. She pointed to the picture facing downwards on the coffee table when Angel asked.

She heard Angel's affirmation and they sat down on the couch in a bit of silence for a minute or two. When Angel looked at Jack and asked, Claire partially hid her mouth behind Jack's head"...Jack wanted to see what we were doing..." she said quietly as she fiddled with Jack's ear. She earned a slight chuckle from Angel as he sat the bowl onto the table and lifted the picture up. She lifted her head up and smiled as she grinned shyly. "The flower?" she asked as she looked up at Angel with a intrigued hopeful look.
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Thu May 30, 2013 1:48 am

Angel saw Jack in Claire's arm and raised an eyebrow. "You brought Jack?" he asked slightly confused since she'd managed to go most of the day without the stuffed animal.

"...Jack wanted to see what we were doing..." Claire whispered back to him as she played with the stuffed bunny's ear. Angel shrugged and chuckled lightly. That short moment reminded him of Claire's childlike innocence. He set down the bowl and looked at the picture of Claire and her mother. She was much younger then she was now, maybe in her early teens and Angel smiled. He saw them standing by a bush of flowers. Fuschia, if he knew his flowers and he had a bit of practice from his mother's small obsession with growing and buying new flowers for the house.

"The flower?" She said while looking at him expectantly.

Angel kept looking at the picture for a few more seconds before he nodded and set the picture down. "I just need a moment." he said lightly with a smile and he clasped his hands together. He closed his eyes and pictured the flower in his mind and slowly began imagining the flower was in his hands. His powers slowly began following the image in his imagination and began forcing his hands to spread as the flower seemingly bloomed in his hands. He heard Claire's gasp as his hands opened wide enough for the flower to be seen and he couldn't help, but smile. When he was finally done he opened his eyes and the flower was formed, shining slightly in the light.

"Here is the flower I promised." he said quietly as he held it up to her.

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Fri May 31, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Fri May 31, 2013 2:26 am

"I just need a moment" Angel said softly as he closed his eyes and clasped his hands together. Claire sat there and wondered what was going on. Surely he wasn't going to randomly pull a flower out like magic, it didn't seem like him to do something like that.

She felt the strange cool breeze blow past her as she noticed that Angel's hand started to open up. She leaned over some to see what was in his hand and she let out a soft gasp as she lowered Jack in her lap. She stared in awe as she saw Angel's hands gradually open and could fully see the flower he made. She let out another soft breath and just stared at the flower as the the flickering lights from the nearby lights bounced off it.

"Here is the flower I promised." he said as she held the flower up to her. She covered her mouth and felt tears well up in her eyes. She lowered her hands and carefully picked the flower up and studied it as she felt the coolness cause it to stick to her fingers and palm. She let out a shuddering sigh as she felt a few tears drip down the side of her face as she continued to stare at the flower. She realized he actually made her mother's favorite flower out of pure ice and made it flawlessly down to the tiniest bud details in the center. He even had some of the portions clouded which looked similar to the color gradient on the petals.

"Angel..." she mumbled as she felt the tearful shudder in her voice. She felt something drip and thats when Angel gently took the flower and carefully placed it into the bowl next to the picture of her mother and herself. She heard Angel getting ready to say something as she looked up to him and gave him a tearful smile, "I..I just..." she pause and let her eyes drift to the picture and just stared.

She heard Angel call her name in a wary tone, "I-I'm sorry.." she mumbled as she sniffled and used her sleeve to wipe away the tear streaks, "..I don't mean to cry...i just...i mean.." she paused and looked up at Angel and smiled, "...Thank you.." she said in a quiet happy tone. She leaned over and wrapped her arms around Angel's neck and hugged him. She held him for a second before she tightened her embrace, "Thank you..so much Angel..." she said muffled by his neck and she let her tears just run into his shirt. She heard him sigh as he leaned into her hug and just wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back gently. She heard him mumble something but it was too low for her to hear. For the First time ever she felt genuinely happy and she was happy Angel was the one to do that for her.
Claire
Claire
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Fri May 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Claire's reaction was one of pure amazement and wonder. Angel was actually pretty damn proud of himself for being able to make it as accurate as he did. He hadn't done anything like that before. At most he made spiked maces and sharp blades of ice for fighting, but nothing as delicate and precise as the flower.

She took the flower from his hands and whispered out his name and just stared at it with tears coming to her eyes. He immediate got worried and gently took the flower from her and put it in the bowl. He was about to ask if he'd done something wrong, or if it was too soon when she turned to him with a smile.

"I..I just..." she said before her eyes drifted towards the picture. "Claire?" he was afraid she was about to just have another breakdown when she turned to him again.

"I-I'm sorry...I don't mean to cry...I just...I mean..." she finally turned to him after wiping away her tears with a smile. "Thank you." she said happily before she began hugging him. His heart jumped in his chest and again when she tightened her hug and whispered her thanks again. He didn't know why he reacted to her the way he was, but he decided not to think about it and just enjoy the moment. He sighed softly and hugged her back and rubbed her back. "Anything for you, Claire..." Angel said quietly enough for only himself to hear. "Anything for you."
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down