THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A walk in the South (Angel, Shade) - complete

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A walk in the South (Angel, Shade) - complete - Page 2 Empty Re: A walk in the South (Angel, Shade) - complete

Post by Shade Sun May 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Her smile widened at both the returned hug and what he said. She was happy to know that she hadn't lost his friendship after doing something that really had needed to be done.

She reached out to look at his hand, glancing up at him before gingerly moving his fingers to make sure that nothing was broken. Which, thankfully, nothing was. He likely would have stopped her if something had been, but she wanted to reassure herself that he was fine since it was her fault he was angry in the first place.

Blinking and letting go of his hand again, she peered up at him. "Really? That's interesting. I live in the building on the southeast corner of the intersection. Which building do you live in?" For all she had been in the building for four years, she couldn't remember what it was named. Of course, considering that whatever sign might have said it had been gone long before she and the others had moved in, she wasn't sure anyone knew what the name of it was.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

A walk in the South (Angel, Shade) - complete - Page 2 Empty Re: A walk in the South (Angel, Shade) - complete

Post by Angel Sun May 19, 2013 9:56 pm

When Shade moved to grab Angel's hand he sighed and let her. He didn't make any sounds but, his face did twitch as she moved his fingers. It was definitely not a good feeling, but he was glad none of them had actually been broken in his fury.

"Really? That's interesting. I live in the building on the southeast corner of the intersection. Which building do you live in?"

Angel's jaw dropped for a moment before he forced it back up. "oh...um...Wow...I live there too. How is it that we've never seen each other?" he asked curiously. It definitely was strange, but it was possible with the fact that Angel got home from around 8 o'clock and he never bothered with anything outside after that and after jobs like this he normally got home after midnight.

Angel and Shade walked over to the bus stop and Angel sighed while looking down. "How am I going to explain this to her..."he mumbled out loud while thinking about Claire. He saw Shade look at him in the corner of his eye, but he shut his lips and looked away hoping to avoid any questions.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun May 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Shade was just as surprised as him that they were living in the same building. After all, the odds were rather small for that to be a coincidence. And while she was sure that GD would think that the gods he worshiped might have had a hand in it, she couldn't say that she believed in fate or destiny or anything like that.

"Maybe it's because I either didn't ever leave the apartment or now I spend a lot of time out. Depending on if I'm with a friend or not, I might not be back for a day or two." Or longer when she was still dating Kier. And damn that stupid pang that went through her heart with the thought of him.

Glancing over at his soft question, she blinked and looked at his hand. "Why not say that you got into a fight helping someone who was going to be hurt if you didn't? You can use me as the someone if you want." She wasn't going to ask who he was talking about. That was his business and she certainly understood not wanting to discuss an individual with others.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Mon May 20, 2013 9:51 am

Angel chuckled softly knowing that excuse was just as bad as the truth for Claire. Claire was so easily scared with her paranoia and telling her he'd been in a fight would be enough to scare her. At least he knew she worried over him and that made him feel good to know she cared.

"Thanks, but I doubt that'd work. She's a bit....jumpy when it comes to fighting. She doesn't even know I'm part of a gang. I'm pretty sure she'd have a heart attack if she ever found out." He said with a smile before it turned into a small frown.

He'd been trying to figure out if he should tell her, or just keep it from her for as long as he could. He knew it was only a matter of time before something happened where he couldn't blame work and he'd have to tell her. He also hated lying to her, but he wasn't sure if she would be able to look at him the same way. She was already jumpy, even if it wasn't as often anymore, and he didn't want to give her and excuse to get worse again. He didn't want anything bad happening to her. Just the thought of it made him cringe and his heart ache.

For a while he went into quiet contemplation about whether or not he'd be able to kill someone to protect her. If someone tried hurting her, would he be able to end their life? The nervousness he felt from thinking about Sofia sped his heartbeat up again, but the wrenching at his heart just Imagining Claire being hurt was worse. Angel took a deep breath and resolved himself to be ready to kill if he ever had to. It probably wasn't going to be as simple as that, but it was a start for him.

Last edited by Shad0wbeast on Tue May 21, 2013 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 pm

She nodded slowly. "Then why not go with the truth? Something made you angry and it was better for you to hit something inanimate rather than a person and it ended up bruising your hand." That was simple, to the point, and wouldn't be something he'd need to worry about forgetting.

When they were able to board the bus, Shade dropped in enough credits to pay the fare for both of them then happily sat next to Angel, tucking herself in against the window. She didn't mind being by the window at all, enjoying watching the passing views, but she was also figuring that he'd be more comfortable and not feel boxed in by her.

Now that they were sitting down though, her fatigue was catching up with her and she covered a yawn before leaning against Angel's arm and setting her head on his shoulder. He was comfortable, sure, but it just wasn't the same as when she had done this with Kier. And dammit, she still couldn't go a day without thinking of him at least once, could she? Of course, this was the second time tonight so maybe it was just a lost cause?
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Tue May 21, 2013 12:34 am

The truth was just as bad to tell her, because then Claire would worry about sending him into a rage and would be afraid of him and if there was something he wanted from Claire, it was not to be afraid of him. He sighed and nodded to her keeping his thought to himself, because he felt like she would keep giving him suggestions to help, but Claire was paranoid. Things were more difficult than just telling someone normally.

Angel wanted to tell Shade he could pay for himself, but she put the money in before he say anything against it. At that point he just shrugged his shoulders, said a quick "Thanks." and took a seat.

It wasn't because he felt like he would be boxed in by her that he didn't take the window seat. Normally he enjoyed the window seat seeing how it would help him to pass the time without getting into trouble with people who gave him dirty looks for being a harbinger. The only reason he gave it up to her was because he saw she was tired and thought she could use the window to sleep against.

Of course she went against his though process and decided to rest her head on him. It was a bit unsettling at first for him, but he put up with it. She was tired and she still trusted him, and he trusted her...mostly. He sighed and pulled out his music player and began listening to music until the got close to their stop.

When they were almost at their stop Angel nudged Shade gently to wake her. "Shade...it's time to get up. We have to get off now."
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue May 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Shade turned her head when Angel touched her shoulder. "Wasn't sleeping," she mumbled, pulling away a little to stretch her arms over her head and making her back pop a bit. She hadn't fallen asleep, but she had zoned out pretty well - enough so that she hadn't realized that they were almost home.

Covering a light yawn, she followed Angel off the bus and down the street. "I'm up in 6C if you end up having any questions and would rather speak face to face," she offered, feeling a bit more energized after the rest. Normally she would have walked, but Angel's choice to take the bus was certainly the better option.

Shade used her keys to open the door and let them in, covering another yawn. She was definitely going to sleep well when she was able to crawl into bed, assuming that one of the guys didn't get into a talkative mood. "Or if you want to just hang out or something. Just don't ask me to cook. That's a really, really bad idea."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Thu May 23, 2013 1:45 am

Angel gave a light smile and rolled his eyes when she mumbled that she wasn't sleeping. It certainly seemed like she did. He got up and walked off the bus with Shade following him drowsily. "Thanks. I might take you up on that offer one day." he said with a small nod. "I live in apartment 4D, but my roommate is kinda...bad with people. Sorry, but I don't think you'll be able to visit me." he finished meekly.

Angel's head perked up at the mention of them hanging out. That was something new to him. He didn't even know what he would do there, but he still couldn't help but smile at the offer and then frown in confusion about the thing about food. "Oh Ok...thanks? I guess?"

Angel stepped into the elevator and waved goodbye carefully as the deep purple bruises finally began to show on his hands. He went to his apartment and went inside as quietly as he could. Claire was most likely asleep and he didn't want to wake her. He stepped into the bathroom took a quick shower before he went into his room and locked it before flopping on his bed and going to sleep soon after.
Angel
Angel
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2