THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier]

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier] Empty [Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier]

Post by Kier Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:45 pm

"Have fun then. Safe journey." From the way Fye had said it, Kier couldn't help but think he misunderstood something. As much as he did not care less what people thought about his relationships, it still irked him when people assumed he banged every girl he was standing next to. Sure he wasn't a virgin and he'd has his fair share of intimacy over the years, but he definitely was not a horny sex machine.

His head were brought back when Shade started thumping his back we her fists, claiming she could walk. "Calm down," he said, giving her rear a light slap, "It'll be less of a problem if you pass out while I'm carrying you than you trying to stumble to the metro." He was also concerned with the condition of her leg, unsure about how severe the wound was.

"Don't complain if I puke on you." Ah, he hadn't thought about how comfortable the position would be for her since 'Alice' seemed completely fine. Guess using a chick with a head problem as a reference wasn't such a great idea. It looked fun at the time.

He shifted the brunette's arrangement around, switching from potato-sack-carry to a bridal-style carry while being wary of her injury. "Better?" He offered her a smile as they approached the stairs leading to the Green Line.

Last edited by Kier on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because this edit message is a butt)
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

[Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier] Empty Re: [Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier]

Post by Shade Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Shade blinked in surprise when she felt Kier's hand on her butt. She scowled and was debating between returning the 'favor' and pulling his hair, when the world was suddenly spinning. She had clenched her eyes shut in the hopes that not seeing everything move would help to prevent the nausea from rising any more than it already had.

Once everything had settled again and she heard Kier's question, she opened her eyes again. Nodding in answer, she wiggled a little, freeing the arm that was against his chest and reached up to put it around his shoulders, tugging a lock of his hair as she did. "That's for touching my ass," she grumbled before resting her head on his shoulder, letting her forehead press against the side of his neck. Because of this, Kier could feel the light sweat that had broken out over her brow and a light fever that was setting in.

Closing her eyes again, she felt a trickle of worry over how she could feel her energy draining away more quickly than it should have been. The wound must be worse than she thought.

Curling a little closer as Kier started down the stairs, she remembered that she hadn't been the only one hurt. "What about your ankle?" Carrying her could not be helping it any.

Last edited by Shade on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

[Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier] Empty Re: [Shade]Shear Shipping for all you Bastards[Kier]

Post by Kier Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Kier didn't expect the sharp tug on his hair, causing his grip on his passenger to slip slightly. "Ow, I'm going to go bald if you keep doing that," laughing softly, as not to shake her too much.

When Shade relaxed against his neck, he could feel a bit of sweat on her forehead. Suspecting that she had a fever, Kier lowered his own head to compare temperatures. Yup, definitely feverish. He made a mental note to drop by the convenience store for some medicine when they got back.

"What about your ankle?"

Honestly, he hadn't felt the cut this whole time. It wasn't until she mentioned it that Kier thought about it."It's fine. Just a little scratch."

At the ticket box, Kier paid ten credits for the both of them, the ticket man not at all trying to hide his hate for Harbingers when he roughly shoved the slips of paper at him. The horn sounded for the next train leaving for the East. Aw, crap. He made a dash for it, barely managing to step into the train before the doors slid closed. Breathing a sigh of relief, he glanced down at his passenger. "Sorry. You still good?"

Inside the train was, not surprisingly, deserted at this time of night. Most people were tucked away in the safety of their homes. Well, gang activity never scared him in the past, and it especially didn't scare him now that he was a part of one. Kier took the empty seat right next to the door. He planned to have Shade lie down, but her grip wouldn't release from his shirt. In the end, he let her be and leaned his head against the metal guard next to him, more out of boredom than exhaustion.
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:59 pm

She hummed softly in answer to his answer. Shade couldn't remember being carried like this before. Under normal circumstances, she'd be complaining and saying how she could take care of herself, but now? Now it was kind of nice. Kier was steady and warm and apparently she trusted him enough to feel safe, especially with as out of it as she was. Twisting her fingers in the front of his shirt, she absently wished it was darker so she could pull off her goggles and curl closer more comfortably.

A low whine slipped from her at the jostling from Kier's dash onto the train. "Sorry. You still good?"

She nodded slightly, her hair brushing along his jaw, and tightened her grip as he tried to set her down. She was comfortable dammit and she didn't want to give that up just yet. Plus, his body heat was helping to stop her from shivering. When he settled, she stretched her legs out, whimpering at the pain as the muscle pulled. That was definitely going to need stitches.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 am

The ride back was going to be a long one, considering it had taken him almost two hours to get there earlier that day. Hearing Shade's slight whimper reminded him about her injury, and he wondered if it would be alright to let her fall asleep. Right now, he assumed her shadows was keeping the bleeding in check but they'd probably faded if she dozed off. Considering he did not have any necessary first aid materials on him that wasn't a good idea.

"So, how's Oblivion for you so far? Cuz honestly, I have yet to even do anything." Might as well start with meaningless questions to keep her awake. He could feel her fever rising a bit more against his neck. "And I've been meaning to ask, how far does your mutation go? Like, can you made silhouettes of people? Or solidify a person's shadow into a walking clone?" He had been saving these questions since he met up with her at the junkyard two weeks ago. Last time, he'd offered to spill about his necklace in exchange for information about her Harbing, not he was taking back the offer. If she asked, he'd tell.

"What's your restitution?" From what he already saw, and the fact she was in all black, it could be allergies to UV rays or she was just very, very emo. The latter seemed unlikely though. "I'm trying speak normally now but my hearing isn't all that great so talking louder on your part might be nice, haha."

Last edited by Kier on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : because this edit message is a butt)
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:07 am

Shade grumbled at his question, shifting against him as his voice jerked her out of the doze she was slipping into. It took her a couple to process all his questions and his follow up comment, which saved her having to repeat herself at least. She tilted her head up so she could talk into his ear, not even remotely realizing how intimate a picture they made.

"I haven't done anything either. Mostly arguing with my roommates about me joining and them joining and crap like that." She huffed at his curiosity about her power, her breath brushing over the shell of his ear. She could understand the curiosity, but that didn't mean she was completely comfortable with it being directed at her, even with Felix taken into consideration. "I've got a fifty foot range at the moment. And I don't know. I haven't tried to do either of those things. Usually I just make simple items. Nothing complex and I'm having problems with moving parts. It isn't consistent. As to my restitution, I've got an acute sensitivity to light. Sunlight will burn me after a few minutes and my goggles are pretty much always worn," she answered, speaking slower than normal to make sure that her voice was clear and didn't slur.

"What about you?" she countered. She hadn't seen if he had used his power on 'Alice' so she didn't have a clue - especially since she didn't go on the Index at all.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:27 am

Kier listened to Shade's slow enunciation of each word, feeling her warm breathe on his ear. That worked just as well as speaking up, he guessed. He didn't mind her closeness, since he himself had no sense of personal space.

"I've got an acute sensitivity to light. Sunlight will burn me after a few minutes and my goggles are pretty much always worn." That ruled out the emo reason, and clarified why she wasn't wearing short skirts and crop tops like most girls her age, which he assumed was in the late teens.

"What about you?

"My restitution, if it wasn't obvious, is that I'm slowly going deaf. And, I can amplify static as long as I am touching the target, as in it isn't limited to hand to hand contact." He paused for a moment then said, "Here, let me demonstrate..."

Then he turned his head and pressed a kiss on the girl's mouth, adding a light static jolt upon contact. It wasn't a harsh omg-I-got-tazed kind of shot but more of a tiny spark. The kiss lasted for maybe five seconds before he pulled away and ran a tongue over his upper lip. "Like that," he said with a smirk. "Sorry, I couldn't help it, your face was so close it was practically asking for it."

He sat back, falling silent for the brunt of the trip, with only an occasional comment or rhetorical question about nothing. He was thinking if taking Shade to his house to patch up the leg would be better than dumping her back at her own home. Who knew how capable her roommates were, assuming she had any.
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:55 am

Shade had been nodding slightly as he spoke, though when he mentioned a demonstration, she stopped and frowned softly, wondering what he was talking about. When he kissed her, she couldn't help but think back to the last time he had done it, shortly after they had been recruited. This time was very different though, with the addition of the static. She gasped softly, her lips parting minutely, at the tingle that shot through her. That effectively woke her and she knew she wasn't going to be dozing off on the train again, no matter how comfortable he was or how soothing she found the sound of his heartbeat.

A light blush staining her cheeks, Shade ducked her head, leaning against his shoulder again as she let go of the front of his shirt to lightly press her fingertips to her lips. While she knew that you couldn't take things from books and such as the absolute truth, a lot of those romance type books said that the people involved would feel a jolt of some sort when they kissed and that's how they 'knew' they belonged together. Kier said that he was going to show her his power, but was that what had really happened or...? And did this mean that they had to do like in those books? She definitely didn't have much of an idea in how to go about doing that.

She was so friggin' confused now, absently responding to Kier as she thought this over after quickly reapplying her power since it had slipped in her surprise.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:36 am

The blush that colored Shade's cheeks showed a completely different reaction compared to last time, where the only response she had was a blank, dumb-founded look. Could she be taking something like a little kiss seriously all of a sudden? The only difference from the kiss compared to before was the spark, which also seemed to have woken her up. He watched, amused, as she tried to bury her face into his shirt. It was kind of cute. Although there was a high possibility this was all just the fever making her act weird.

"Next stop: East District. I repeat, next stop: East District." The train slowed to a stop and the doors slid open. Kier lifted Shade up once more and exited the train into the empty station. The area was dimly lit, graffiti marking every inch of wall. Above ground was pretty much the same.

"Alright, here's the plan. I'm going to stop by the convenience store to get you some cold meds. And peroxide, I guess." There was a first aid kit back at his apartment with, if he remembered correctly, supplies for stitches. "Then, you can crash at my place 'til your fever goes down. Cool?"

Regardless of whether Shade agreed or not wasn't going to change his mind. "Let's switch positions, so I can use my hands better at the register," he suggested, lowering her to the ground and bending forward for her to climb on.

Last edited by Kier on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : hurpderp i was falling a sleep)
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Shade groaned softly when the announcement for their stop came over the speakers. Now they'd have to get up again. She was just thankful that Kier was being considerate enough for her to be gentle and try to keep things as steady as possible.

Listening to his suggestions, she had to agree that it would be a lot less hassle if she just stayed at his place once they had patched her up. She knew she was exhausted and running on fumes and he had to be getting tired too. She nodded absently though that stopped when he set her on her feet. She had missed what he said right before that so she wasn't ready. Her leg buckled and she had to grab at him so she didn't fall, accidentally pulling his face into her chest since he had bent over - something she didn't notice right away due to the ringing in her ears. When she did realize, she let go as if Kier had burned her, nearly falling again anyway.

Another blush covered her face. She was so flustered, which, considering he had seen her shirtless before, she really didn't know why she was reacting this way. It had to be Kier's fault somehow, that was the only explanation that she could really think of.

"S-sorry," Shade stammered then decided to try to pretend it hadn't happened, and while she doubted Kier would let her, she was still going to try. "Carrying me that way wouldn't be a good idea. You'd have to squeeze my leg between your arm and side," she said, gesturing to her thigh. Having drawn attention to it, both of them were able to see that her shadows were lightening enough that the tear in her pants was visible. Biting her lip, she let her hand drop to cover the wound from view and spoke again. "You can always leave me near the door so you can use your hands."
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Well, Kier certainly didn't expect a face full of boob when he let the girl down. By the time Shade realized what was happening, she pulled away so abruptly that he had to raise an eyebrow. This was coming from a chick who didn't even flinch from his finger trailing down her upper body. A sly smile spread across his face as she flailed and stammered reasons not to piggy back. When she drew his attention to her wound, it was easy to see the nasty gash through the lightened shadows.

"You can always leave me near the door so you can use your hands," she said, placing a hand down to cover tear.

"Hn. Okay then. I'll try to be quick." He straightened and walked into the store. The cold pills and first aid supplies were conveniently lined neatly in one aisle. He took a pack of general cold medicine and a bottle of peroxide before heading to the cashier. He was a hefty man, bright yellow eyes a sharp contrast to his dark skin.

"'Sup, Vega. Long time no see, eh?" he greeted in his gruff tone. Glancing down at the cold pills, a look of confusion and worry ran through his face. "You sick, kid? Don't think I've ever seen you have more than a cough."

Kier snorted. "Not even. It's for a friend," he said, gesturing outside.

"If you say so." He bagged the items and pulled a bottle of whiskey from the mini refrigerator next to him. "I know you don't like alcohol, but if you're gonna use that peroxide, you might need it." Kier blinked and accepted the bottle, offering a small thanks before pushed out the door. "You take care of yourself, ya hear?"

"Shall we go?" he asked, extending his arms for her to board.
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:22 pm

Shade jumped in surprise, not having heard Kier come back out. She had been a bit more preoccupied with glaring at the pair of guys she had seen eying her. Turning toward him, she nodded and put her arm around his shoulders again, taking the bag with her free hand. It'd be easier for her to hold it than it would be for him to carry it and her.

As they walked, Shade tucked her head against his neck again. It was getting hard to ignore the headache pulsing at the back of her eyes. That quick shot of energy from earlier had faded and she was debating asking for another. But then, they were almost at his apartment, so she wasn't going to. Especially since she still wasn't sure what to think about what had happened earlier. And now she was thinking about what had happened the last time she had been here and still wasn't sure what to think about that either.

She huffed softly. Things turned out to be pretty confusing around Kier. At least there hadn't been any explosions this time, if you ignored all the marble she had destroyed.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 pm

The walk to apartment was short, which was good since Shade looked like she was dozing off again. Nobody attacked them on the way, either they were too scared of Harbingers or they just weren't worth the effort.

Not bothering to dig out any keys, he opened the door and stepped inside. He normally didn't lock the door when he was out, there was nothing valuable to take anyway. However, he did lock it when he was home, like he did just now. He headed to the bathroom taking long strides before setting his passenger down on the closed toilet seat.

"I need to go find the first aid kit, and hopefully I can patch you up correctly cuz I've only seen how to do stitches." And by that, he was referring to Lenah forcefully stabbed him with the needle repeatedly with no pain-killers whatsoever. At the time letting the shoulder wound heal without stitches seemed like a much better alternative. "Lorenz gave me a bottle of whiskey if you want to use that as a pain-killer. Stuff tastes horrible, though that's just me."

The first aid kit was still on the shelf where it sat since three years ago. He was still digging in the kit when he returned to the bathroom. "Well, guess we can clean the cut first."
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Shade bit back another whimper as he set her down, accidentally jostling her leg in the process. She barely heard what he said, forcing down the nausea and pain again. While he was gone from the bathroom, she set the bag on the sink counter and set about getting her gloves and hoodie off, draping them on the side of the tub after slipping the coil she wore as a bracelet into the pocket and before she glowered at her shoes. As much as getting those off would suck, her pants were going to be even worse. Gritting her teeth, she toed off the shoe on her injured leg before pulling off the other by hand, tossing it and that sock into the tub. She had no idea how she was getting the other one off.

Kier walked back in as she was debating how to get her jeans off since there was no way she'd be able to stand and do it herself. She looked up at him, needing to swallow before she could speak. "I can do the stitches, but I'm going to need your help to get my pants off." And she had no idea the way that could be taken.

Last edited by PsychoWing on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot about her "bracelet")
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 pm

"I can do the stitches, but I'm going to need your help to get my pants off."

Kier nearly dropped the kit at her request, glancing up at her to make sure she wasn't kidding. She wasn't and that was the scary part. Well, this wasn't the first time he had been asked to take of a girl's pants, but that was under very different circumstances. Considering the current situation, though, sex probably wasn't on Shade's agenda.

He walked over and handed the kit to her, noticing the clothes in the bathtub as he knelt down. "Aaand, I hope you're sure about this," he said, looping an arm around her waist. He lifted her up to lean against him, waiting for her to pull her pants down to knee length.

With his face half pressed into the girl's hair, Kier could smell the sweet scent of mangoes. "On a random note, you smell nice," he commented, absently burying his nose into her hair. The arm around her waist loosened a bit as he lowered her back down.

Pulling away, he quickly slid the rest of the jeans off her pale legs. He glanced briefly at the marks across her limbs before tossing the jeans into the tub with the rest of her clothes.

After cleaning out her gash, which looked really bad right now, with water and peroxide, he sat back on the edge of the tub. "Work your magic. You sure you don't want that whiskey?" Because that peroxide seemed like it burned.
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 pm

"It isn't the first time I've put in stitches," she replied as he was going to help her stand, choosing not to say that she had never done this many on herself before. Setting the kit on the floor almost immediately after having it handed to her, Shade grunted in pain as Kier lifted her and she had to push the denim, well soaked through with blood at this point, down her legs, the material dragging over her wound and sending another jolt of pain through her. She wasn't quite sure what to think of his comment about how she smelled though, considering the blood and sweat from the night's activities. She didn't really react to him burying his nose in her hair either, since she had been doing similar earlier.

As he was getting the pants off the rest of the way, Shade had leaned over and snagged one of her gloves and started to fish out the supplies for the stitches. She also grabbed the bottle of aspirin in there and dry swallowed two. Hopefully they'd kick in by the time the stitches were being finished.

Biting down on her glove, Shade nodded to Kier that he could clean the wound, trying not to tense since she knew it would just make things worse. She did, however, clench one hand into a fist, feeling her fingernails dig little crescents into her palm as she grabbed the edge of the sink with her other hand, clenching her eyes shut. She forced herself to hold still, containing her instinct to jerk away from the source of increased pain to a twitch and a muffled yell. She hated peroxide so much. It was cold and burned in the wound and she hated how it hissed and bubbled. If the shit wasn't so damn helpful, she'd never touch the stuff.

Once the liquid turned clear again, a process that took nearly two minutes, Shade let out a shaky breath through her nose as Kier rinsed the wound with water again and gently patted the area dry. She nodded in answer to him, tossing her glove over to the rest of her things and opened a clean needle before threading it. She would probably never understand how her hands could be so steady in situations like this, even if she felt she was on the verge of passing out.

Hesitating momentarily, she chewed the inside of her cheek before gritting her teeth again and digging the needle into her flesh. It took her nearly 10 minutes to knit the skin back together, setting a row of neat stitches before tying off the surgical thread. Using the small scissors that came with the kit, she cut the thread and dropped the needle onto the sink edge.

"Alright," she slurred, leaning back so he could bandage her thigh. She just couldn't suppress the shivering or keep herself awake any more, either dropping into sleep or passing out. It was hard to tell at this point.

Last edited by PsychoWing on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 am

Kier watched the needle slide in and out of her cut, the surgical string holding the two ends together. The stitches were set in a neat row, unlike the fast and careless ones he was given several years back.

He took the gauze from the kit and began bandaging once Shade had tied up the thread. He tried to be quick with it since she was fading pretty fast. Just as he taped down the end of the gauze, the unconscious girl began to tip off the toilet. Catching her before she crashed down on the tile, he picked her, and the box of cold pills, up again and headed to his bedroom. Her body temperature was still too hot to be normal.

Kier didn't bother to turn on the lights, not wanting burn her by accident. Settling her carefully on the bed, he saw that she hadn't removed her goggles and did the honors for her. He wondered what to do next. Staring at her mostly naked body wasn't helping him any, especially when her shirt had climbed up half her stomach when he put her down. There was a strange scar there too. Guess I should probably change her clothes. He would be lying if he said other thoughts beyond just changing weren't running through his head at that moment.

Before that, he went to the kitchen to get a glass of water for her to swallow some of the cold medicine. Returning, he leaned over her slightly and gave the brunette's shoulders a light shake. "Hey, you should eat your cold meds before that fever gets any worse," he said as softly as he possibly could. He propped her up and held out the water and two white pills. "I'll change you're clo- er, shirt too. You want me to wipe you down with a cold towel while I'm at it?" Not too much underlying intent there.

Last edited by Kier on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : because this edit message is a butt)
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:17 am

Moaning softly, Shade's eyes fluttered open. Dazed mirror-like eyes blinked slowly up at him. "Mmmwha?" She couldn't focus, just wanting to go back to sleep. She was able to realize enough that he had medicine for her and took it without argument, draining the glass as well. She didn't notice, or would have cared, about the drop that trickled from her lip when she was done, falling to her shirt.

"~~change your clo- er, shirt~~" was about all she caught of the rest of what Kier had said. She nodded in response and managed to support herself as he left her, to get a new shirt she guessed.

While he was gone, she managed to wrestle her shirt over her head, dropping it to the floor. She managed to find the coordination to unfasten her bra and drop that as well before laying down and grabbing a pillow to hug to her chest. Normally she would have curled up on her side and tucked her knees toward her body, but the pain in her leg prevented that so she was twisted a little oddly, her face buried in the pillow. It would be easy enough for Kier to take it away though. Same thing with moving her as needed - she was already drifting into a light doze again.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:18 am

He deposited the glass in the sink before wetting a towel to wipe down the girl in bed. Take that statement in the most unperverted possible. Well, that's what Kier thought he'd do until he walked back in on a very naked Shade snuggling her breasts into his pillow. Somehow she had found the coordination to take off the t-shirt and bra, which were both lying on the floor.

Kier facepalmed his forehead at the sight, hand sliding down to cover his mouth as his eyes lingered on her sleeping form. He couldn't help but run his gaze over her lean body, studying curve of her back and going up past the pillow to her exposed nec-- What the fuck am I doing?

Walking up the the bed, he gently pried the pillow from her grip and laying her on her back to proceed with his original task, though momentarily distracted again by her chest. He traced a slow spiral on her left breast and sighed, deciding that Shade wouldn't even care if he looked at her.

He started by patting down her face, soft enough not to wake her, and continuing downwards to her neck, then arms, then quickly over her chest. The pace slowed to small circles when the towel reached the girl's abdomen as Kier was wondering at the scar there. It looked a lot like a major burn. I'll ask about it some other time. Skipping over her panties, he finished from her inner thigh to her ankles, careful to avoid the stitches.

To top it all off, he managed to wiggle a white tee over her head and throw the black covers over her. With Shade all taken care of, Kier took a quick shower and washed out the clothes in the bathtub before collapsing on the couch. The days events had just hit him, and he soon fell asleep.

Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:55 am

Shade blinked back to awareness with a soft groan, wondering how the hell she had ended up back in the marble pavilion. Had one of the guys carried her back? But, if so, why? And where had they gone? Neither really seemed the type to just leave someone out on their own while injured. Maybe they were just as angry at her for being useless as she was angry at herself. And she could have sworn that they had collected the bounty and Kier had taken her to his place to tend to her leg. Had she just been unconscious and dreamed all that?

She was just starting to push to her feet, her wound oddly numb, when she heard footsteps moving closer. "Hello?" she called warily, twisting to look around as well as she could from where she was sitting. She was screwed if someone attacked her; she couldn’t really move well and with how she had over-extended herself, it wouldn’t be a good idea to try to use her mutation for a while yet. She could still feel the exhaustion pulling at her.

Finally, she saw that it was Kier, moving toward her in a measured pace, face down-turned and chin nearly touching his chest as he walked, his butterfly charm oddly bright in the gloom as it moved against his shirt.

"Kier? When did we get back here? Where’s Fye?"

Shade began to feel uneasy when he didn’t answer, instead kneeling next to her. Kier had come across as someone who was more than happy to talk to others, so why was he quiet? Had something happened?

"Kier? Did something happen to Fye? Did Williams get free? Tell me what’s going on! Kier!" she demanded, reaching for his arm.

His hands shot out in response, one catching her wrist in a tight grip and the other grabbing her thigh, digging his fingers into the wound and making her feel like he was going to pull at it and rip the flesh from her bones by hand.

"I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Shade, because I'm not myself you see." And with that cryptic statement, Kier lifted his head, a sickly smile on his face.

She couldn’t help but gasp in horror and struggle to pull away upon seeing the empty eye sockets staring at her, blood staining his cheeks in long strips and mingling with the gaping wound that spanned his neck, his skin a red ruin and hanging open, muscles and sinew clear to see.

"I hope you like what’s been done to me. It’s all your fault after all."

Shaking her head in denial, Shade fought against him, struggling as hard as she could even as he overpowered her, forcing her down against the marble again and holding her in place.

It was then that Fye slowly appeared behind Kier, bits and pieces at at time and looking like smoke had found a way to solidify. The way his lips were spread in an impossibly wide grin, sharp needle-like teeth exposed, was what she saw first. That was what stuck with her.

There was a gleam of light along the blade of his saber as he lifted it high over his head and both men spoke in eerie unison, but it was Alice’s voice she heard.

"of~f wiiiiTh hEr-r he~aaaad!!"

Shade woke screaming, not even two hours after falling asleep.

Spoiler:
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:35 pm

It had been a while since Kier had a nightmare, especially one about his sister. The new part about it was that instead of 'Alice', Leah had taken her place. There was absolutely no similarities between the girls other than the blond hair and brain damage, but there she was, staring him down with psychedelic eyes. The dream made Kier more uncomfortable than scared.

Needless to say, Shade's scream broke the image and pulled him abruptly out of his sleep. He swung his legs off the couch and jogged to a still screaming Shade. At least she had her shirt on this time.

He reached out to her, only to have the brunette jerk away in terror and back up to the corner of the wall. Kier didn't think he'd ever seen her so utterly terrified before, not even against 'Alice' or sewing up her leg.

"Shade," he began, slowly approaching her retreating form, "It's okay; it's just me." In one fluid motion he grabbed her wrists and pinned her under him, the bed springs creaking from their combined weight. He needed her to see his face, to see that he wasn't here to lob her head off.

"Look at me! Shade!" She probably couldn't move under his larger stature, although her injured leg was out to the side. He had straddled her with his leg in between hers to avoid accidentally reopening the wound. "I'm not. Going. To hurt you."
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Shade had jolted upright when she woke before hunching over and grabbing her head, screaming again because she couldn't push the visual away and because the painkillers had worn off.

Feeling something brush her shoulder, she jerked her head up. Her breath hitched and her eyes widened when she saw Kier there. She practically threw herself away from him with another scream, trying to push herself into the corner and get as far away from him as possible. She just couldn't shake the dream and so she saw the blood-covered apparition instead of the real man trying to calm her down.

Throwing her arms over her head and curling her legs as close as she could without pain, she started babbling apologies. "I'm sorry! Oh dear god, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, I swear! I tried!" It was about then that her voice broke with a sob and she started crying.

When Kier snagged her ankle and tugged her from the corner, Shade let out a shriek and started to fight against him instead of just cowering. And when he caught her wrists and pinned her just like he had in the nightmare? She struggled all the harder, a corner of her mind wishing that she hadn't overused her power so she could get away, even if it would make her feel guiltier than she already did. At least he was dead, so it wasn't like she could hurt him any more than that.

"I'm sorry I wasn't... I'm sorry I couldn't do more. Please, don't... I'm sorry!" she sobbed out when she realized she couldn't fight free. Clenching her eyes shut, she couldn't do anything but wait for whatever he was going to do and plead for him not to, too lost in her terror to really register what Kier was saying. Or that the shirt had ridden up and was just barely covering her breasts.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:09 pm

Why she was pleading, Kier had no idea, but she clearly wasn't listening to a thing he was saying. Even with the screaming done and over with, Shade was sobbing even harder, whether it was from the pain or her nightmare. Was he being too rough with her? God, he wasn't sure how to deal with this. It was like Leah all over again. Right after the incident she had kept on screaming in the middle of the night.

"I'm sorry I wasn't... I'm sorry I couldn't do more. Please, don't... I'm sorry!" Do more? Suddenly, it hit him that the nightmare she had was likely about the bounty. Not the target herself but the fact that she thought she didn't do enough. To be fair, he wasn't much help either; he just didn't take it so hard. Though the one who got hurt wasn't him. He made a rough guess that she dreamt of the worse case scenario. Well, it was something to work with.

He loosened his grip and and sat back, tugging her up against his chest in an embrace. "Shhh, it's fine. You've done enough," he said, using the same soothing tone he'd used to calm his sister all those years back. One hand smoothing her face, he continued, "We're all alive and okay, see?" Kier really hoped this was actually calming her down and not giving her another reason to fling to a wall with her power.

Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 am

When the expected pain never came and Shade was instead tugged up into a gentle hug, her wrists freed, she opened her eyes and took in the cloth covered chest against her cheek. She couldn't help the flinch when a callused hand lifted toward her face, turning away and biting back another sob. She really needed to stop that - if she was going to die, she would rather do it with some sort of dignity. Well... As much as could be had when one was mostly naked.

"We're all alive and okay, see?"

Kier's voice made her stiffen even as the gentle and, more importantly, warm thumb brushed over her cheek. "K-Kier?" she whispered. Hesitating, praying that she had been dreaming, she lightly pushed at his chest and lifted her head. The first place her gaze fell was his neck and she reached up a shaking hand to brush her fingertips against the intact skin, pausing as she felt his pulse. Flattening her palm so she was cupping the side of his neck, she forced herself to look higher. When she saw his dual-toned eyes looking down at her in concern, all the tension just drained out of her and she sagged against him.

This time, her sob was of relief and she threw her arms around him, clinging tightly and twisting her fingers in the back of his top as she pressed her face to the side of his neck.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Kier Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 am

Kier kept his breathing steady, letting Shade's palm feel his pulse. So she really did assume he was dead, or something of the sort. When she lifted her head to look at him, he could see clearly the metallic shine of her eyes without the darkness of the goggles. He had to admit she looked more like a girl without them and her bulky hoodie.

In response to having her throw her arms around him and sobbing into his shirt some more, he lowered his head to her ear, a small smile on his face. This felt comfortable and familiar- warmer than the girls he'd embraced in the past, although those girls were just clients or part of short-lived relationships. "That's a good girl," he whispered out of habit. It took Kier a couple seconds to register what he had just said, and how he just said it in the softest and kindest way he could. Dammit, this isn't Leah.

Cheeks coloring a light pink that was hopefully not visible in the dark, he removed Shade's arms from around his neck. He kept his head slightly lowered and faced to the left. "Well, uh, sleep tight. I'll be in the living room if you need me," he said, words coming out in rush as he got off the bed to leave.

He flopped back onto the red couch, face first. God, when was the last time he felt embarrassed, or even awkward around someone? Memories of his sister trickled in when he tried to remember a time when he actually felt flustered about something. Somehow the thoughts trailed back to thoughts of his mentor. He sighed, slowly drifting back into sleep while imagining what Lenah would say to now...
Kier
Kier
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next