THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demolition Kings [Bounty - Hippo] Ceara, Fye, Hoss, Shade

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Demolition Kings [Bounty - Hippo] Ceara, Fye, Hoss, Shade Empty Demolition Kings [Bounty - Hippo] Ceara, Fye, Hoss, Shade

Post by Shade Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:45 pm

For once, Shade was taking the Metro somewhere instead of walking like she preferred to, but it was smarter to save her energy for the hunt later. Reading through the information, she wasn't expecting her phone to vibrate in her pocket. She yanked it out and checked her messages.

Haze? Why did that sound familiar? Oh, that's right. The harbinger with silver hair from that entire fiasco with the sinkhole. She couldn't remember if the other girl had said anything about her power or used it, but it couldn't hurt to work together.

::Alright. I'm heading into West right now. If you know where the Emberwheat Bakery is, meet me there. I'll get there in about 40 minutes. If you don't, I'll meet you at the Metro station off of 175th near Clawson Ave. I'll be there in about 30 and can wait for a bit. Let me know which it'll be.:: Hitting send, Shade turned back to the papers in her lap.

Oh, that cop Hippo attacked had connections. Apparently the officer's fiance had relatives in the Acropolis itself so between that and ending the career of a promising detective, Adams was a bit screwed. He'd definitely be recognized by any other cop almost immediately. He'd be best off trying to get out of the city entirely instead of sticking around. He had to know he'd be a liability to Oblivion at this point. So, why was he still here? Was he trying to leave or was there some other reason keeping him?

And, if it came down to it, would she be able to kill him to protect Oblivion and it's members? Well, looking at it like that, she'd be able to. She had joined the gang in the first place to protect Felix and Blanch. If killing someone else, someone who she didn't know, would help with that, she knew she could. And she'd probably be able to do it without blinking. Hopefully though, it wouldn't come to that. Hopefully they'd catch him and be able to turn him in and she could leave these moral mental debates for another time.

Last edited by Shade on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : title change)
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

Demolition Kings [Bounty - Hippo] Ceara, Fye, Hoss, Shade Empty Re: Demolition Kings [Bounty - Hippo] Ceara, Fye, Hoss, Shade

Post by Ceara Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Ceara jolted at the sudden vibration in her pocket and pulled out the phone, reading through the message. She wasn’t expecting such a quick reply from Shade.

::Alright. I'm heading into West right now. If you know where the Emberwheat Bakery is, meet me there. I'll get there in about 40 minutes. If you don't, I'll meet you at the Metro station off of 175th near Clawson Ave. I'll be there in about 30 and can wait for a bit. Let me know which it'll be.::

The girl looked up, taking note of the street signs at the corner of the block. Yeah, she definitely could get to the station in less than half an hour if she walked. She didn’t want to keep Shade waiting. Fingers flying across the keyboard, she quickly tapped out a reply. ::I’ll meet you outside the station. I’ll probably get there around the same time as you, there’s no need to wait. If you don’t remember what I look like I’m the girl with the white hair and the hammer. See you in a bit.::

Tucking her phone back into a pocket, Ceara lifted up her weapon and started down the street, heading towards their meeting place. A small frown tugged at the edge of her lips as she went through the little information she had on the man. Adams’ mutation was disturbing, to say the least. If he could bite through metal, he could easily bite through flesh and bone. She was lucky enough to leave her last B-rank with but a few bumps and scratches, nothing permanent. But she had to be wary of Hippo, he was dangerous both long and close range. His projectiles weren’t something she had to be worried about, dodging those would be easy. Ceara, however, fought with her fists and a hammer, she had to get close to do damage, which meant closer to his teeth, the harbinger’s main weapon. But that was what her partner was for. She hoped Shade had some experience with long distance combat, that way it would be hard for him to focus on both at the same time.

Ceara sighed, remembering that she was going to have to split the reward money with the girl if they succeeded. The amount she would get if she did this solo was small already, after the majority went to gang funds; divide that in half and it’d be 150 alive, 75 dead. But then again she wasn’t really doing this for the cash. She wanted to feel the thrill of the fight.

It took her a bit longer than expected to reach the entrance to the station, but, looking around, Ceara realized that she had gotten here before the other harbinger. Knowing that she was early and that Shade wasn’t late, she placed her hammer down by a nearby wall before leaning on it herself, closing her eyes.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Demolition Kings [Bounty - Hippo] Ceara, Fye, Hoss, Shade Empty Re: Demolition Kings [Bounty - Hippo] Ceara, Fye, Hoss, Shade

Post by Shade Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Shade flicked open her phone using her thumb almost before the first vibration had finished rattling the thing. Glancing at the screen, she nodded to herself, flipping it closed again and turning back to the papers, gathering them to wait out the last bit of the ride, running over potential strategies and plans. Hammer huh? She couldn't remember if it had been there the last time, but it was good to know for this time. Unless she was like that one woman with the tennis balls, it was probably safe to assume that Haze was a close range fighter. Which meant that Shade would have to cover the rest. Hopefully the older girl was good at dodging, just to be on the safe side.

She looked around once she had exited the train, spotting the shorter teen's hair rather quickly. She should look into a hat or something if she was going to do things like this at night. Her hair was entirely too noticeable.

Approaching Haze, Shade spoke up. "Hey. You heal okay?" If she hadn't, then being here wasn't that smart of an idea. And Shade wasn't being hypocritical, she wouldn't volunteer for things when injured, but she was liable to hiding it if she was injured in the course of things.

Last edited by Shade on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing typos)
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:36 pm

“Hey. You heal okay?”

Ceara opened her eyes at the sound of the girl’s voice. “Hi, and yeah,” she patted her thigh, where a rock had torn open the skin. “It wasn’t nearly as deep as I thought it was, really.” She noticed the papers in Shade’s hands. “I’m guessing you got some information on him? May I see?”

Shade handed the pages to her, and she quickly skimmed through them. The girl frowned, a small crease forming between her brows. The man assaulted a cop and apparently ate a nice chunk of the man while he was at it. A small shiver ran down her spine. He had made a lot of enemies, why was he still in the city? If she had that many people after her ass then she would’ve hightailed it out of here a long time ago.

Ceara handed them back to the other girl. “Thanks. Um,” she paused, looking over Shade for any obvious weapon, and finding none. “I hope you can fight long range; I’m obviously an up close kind of fighter, so I’ll need your help if I’m gonna do any damage.” She leaned in, trying to get a good look at the girl's eyes through the dark goggles over them. Ceara couldn't remember if she was a harbinger or not.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am

Shade nodded at Haze's response. That was good. That meant she'd be able to move properly if it came down to it.

“I’m guessing you got some information on him? May I see?”

Another nod and she passed over the papers, studying the other girl's reaction as she read. It looked like they were on the same page in regards to Adams, that was good. Accepting the pages back, she folded and pocketed them.

“I hope you can fight long range; I’m obviously an up close kind of fighter, so I’ll need your help if I’m gonna do any damage.”

"Yeah, depending what's going on, I can fight at any range. I'm usually mid though." And then Haze was leaning close, making her lean back a little. If this was how Trevor had felt the one time she did it, then she couldn't really blame him for getting uncomfortable. A frown pulled at Shade's features. "What are you doing?" she asked, stepping away. If she was trying to see through the goggles, that wasn't very likely to happen. The lenses were extremely dark - they had to be to filter out most of the sun's rays from her sensitive eyes. "And what is your power?" That was something that she should probably know so she knew when and / or how she'd have to step in during the fight.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm

"What are you doing? And what’s your power?"

“Oh, sorry,” she apologized and leaned back again, not realizing she was invading the other girl’s personal space. Ceara hated it when people did that to her, unless she really knew the person. Couldn’t blame Shade for pulling away. “I just couldn’t see through your lenses, wasn’t sure if you were a harbinger or not. And I can see emotions, feelings, stuff like that. All that’s really important to the bounty is that I’m good at predicting attacks and dodging or countering them.”

And it was good that Shade was a mid to long range fighter; if they could corner him, Ceara might be able to get inside his range while she attacked from a distance. It should be easy for them to capture, or kill, Hippo. But then again she knew from experience that shit happens that you can’t predict, and Ceara had no idea how well of a fighter Shade was. The girl was probably a couple of years younger than herself, and she couldn’t make out her build from under the baggy sweatshirt she was wearing. But Shade had come prepared, so she definitely wasn’t that kind of impulsive teen to sign up for a B rank, and that was reassuring.

The silver haired girl picked up her hammer and set it on her shoulder, looking around. “Was there a specific reason you wanted to meet here, by the way?” The papers didn’t say anything about Hippo hanging around West explicitly, so Ceara wondered why Shade was already on the way here when she had contacted her.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 pm

“I just couldn’t see through your lenses, wasn’t sure if you were a harbinger or not. And I can see emotions, feelings, stuff like that. All that’s really important to the bounty is that I’m good at predicting attacks and dodging or countering them.”

Shade nodded. That was certainly helpful for a variety of situations. And it also told her that the other girl should be able to predict attacks so she wouldn't have to keep too close of an eye on her. "Yes, I am. It's what enables me to fight long range. Is your restitution anything that I should worry about, or will you be able to manage?" She didn't see any odd scars or additional bags or anything that stood out, but that didn't mean anything. For all she knew, Haze had to pound on something with that hammer of hers.

“Was there a specific reason you wanted to meet here, by the way?”

She nodded again, turning to start down the street. "The owner of that bakery I mentioned is very skilled. I was going to ask him if he would mind helping me. Or at the very least give me some advice. Since we don't really know where to start with finding him, other than by wandering East or trying to find an ex-girlfriend, who does live in West, then I figure we could still ask him anyway. Also, have you eaten already?"
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:29 pm

"The owner of that bakery I mentioned is very skilled. I was going to ask him if he would mind helping me. Or at the very least give me some advice. Since we don't really know where to start with finding him, other than by wandering East or trying to find an ex-girlfriend, who does live in West, then I figure we could still ask him anyway. Also, have you eaten already?"

Ceara nodded and followed her down the street. “Yeah, I have, but some more food couldn’t hurt. And you don’t need to worry about my res, I usually have it under control.” Most of the time, anyway. Hopefully the fight didn’t drag on too long, or else she might pass out in the middle of it and that wouldn’t be good. Not at all. “So this guy at the bakery, how do you know him?” Shade must trust him, or at the very least respect him enough to go to him immediately for help. She was curious as to what made this man so special. Though if they knew each other and if the man wanted a part of the reward, Ceara might have to be on guard; the two of them might decide that they didn't want to split it three ways.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Shade nodded at what Haze said in regards to her restitution. Fair enough. After all, Shade hadn't shared hers either.

“So this guy at the bakery, how do you know him?”

She glanced at the other girl, pausing for a light to change so they could cross. "Fye? The first time, I had bought some of his products. The second time I had tried a B-rank bounty. It was me, him, and another guy. If it wasn't for him, both of us most likely would have been killed. I almost was as it is. He's experienced, he's skilled, he's strong, and he's level headed. I honestly think that he could have taken the bounty by himself, but he messaged us instead. And even though he did most of the work, he still gave us an even cut. Hell, before the bounty jumped us, he was giving me and the other guy pointers." She shrugged, crossing the intersection as she spoke.

Shade was about to ask Haze if she had any ideas for how they could go about this when a voice spoke up from behind them, entirely too close for comfort.

"Hey ladies. You got the time for me?"

Shade stiffened, catching the hint hidden in his words, and glanced at Ceara before slowly turning to look at the man behind them.

Naturally, it was Adams. That was just her luck, wasn’t it? Since she had worn a zip up hoodie rather than her normal pull over, the hourglass necklace she had taken to wearing was clearly visible and had let him know she was with Oblivion and he probably assumed Ceara was as well. She’d have to remember to leave the thing at home or take it off or something. It was a stupid oversight on her part.

Shade glanced at her temporary partner again, having caught some movement from the corner of her eye. She had a feeling that things were about to go downhill real fast.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:29 pm

It had been an interesting night of following the mark. Hoss had seen that a few people were on the case but he made a point to keep himself separated from them because of how badly he did not want to split that pot. It was decent, and if he could swing alive he most certainly would. Hoss had never even seen a thousand credits in one place at a time and he had certainly never made that much in a week, or two weeks for that matter. Hell only a few times had he been able to make it in a month! So you could say he took some extra precautions for this particular mission. For one, a water bottle on hand in his bag, along with the usual amounts of paper and a pair of handcuffs.

Why you ask? Why wouldn't he cuff the guy? Handcuffs were cheap and easy to find, along with a few zip ties in case they were too easy to break out of. As for the mouth? Let's just say Hoss paid a visit to the sex store to get a binding to keep someone's jaw shut tight. It'd make sure that hippo wouldn't be biting himself out of any situations.

Along with that was the usual throwing knife and the not-so-usual towel. Why a towel you ask? Oh, you'd see why soon enough.

He kept his distance from the mark though, knowing that eventually, like all other people of this world, he had to go to sleep. Once he found him it was a matter of outlasting him.

Speaking of him, Adams himself was approaching two figures as Hoss watched from the distant shadows, his eyes trained as he kept knelt down to the ground with his body behind a corner.

"Hey ladies. You got the time for me?"

Hoss smirked and ducked behind the corner, choosing to go around the other side of the building to come out from a different angle on the group since two girls would now essentially be facing in the direction Hoss originally planned to attack from if an opening took place.

Let's take this nice and easy.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Ceara listened patiently to her partner talk about the man as they walked side by side. So they might still be able to split the money in half if Shade was telling the truth. She really wished she could check if the other girl was bullshitting her but she couldn’t risk her restitution building up to something crippling later.

“Hey ladies. You got the time for me?”

She saw Shade stiffen beside her from the corner of her eye, before the girl turned around and took a look at the owner of the voice. Ceara’s eyes flicked to the side mirror of a nearby car, using it to take in the form of the man standing behind them. Big, round – he wouldn’t have meant anything special to her if not for the look that Shade sent her.

Well isn’t this convenient.

Not one to waste a perfectly good opportunity, the girl shifted and adjusted her grip on her hammer before spinning around, swinging the heavy weapon towards where she thought his jaw would be. Her aim was off, a little bit lower than needed, but Hippo was caught off guard, not expecting Ceara to attack him so soon. The rotund man attempted to twist out of the way, unable to completely step out of the weapon’s range, and the head of the hammer landed what must have been a painful hit on his left shoulder.

Ceara pulled back, carefully observing him. Well his alias certainly fit him, even without the super strong teeth Adams did resemble a hippopotamus. And about as angry as one, too, if the way the colors were flickering about him meant anything. He wasn’t looking at his attacker, which struck her as slightly odd, his attention instead focused mostly at the area around Shade’s neck.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Well, she had been right. It was nice to know that Haze had quick reflexes though. That meant that Shade could take a moment to put some space between herself and Hippo.

Well, she would have, if Adams hadn't shoved Haze aside and lunged at her. Backpedaling, her eyes were wide as his teeth crashed together just inches from her face. He's trying to kill me!

Adams was able to snag a hand in Shade's jacket, catching her necklace as well, and yanked her forward, going for her neck this time. Normal human instinct when an animal is attacking is to block its mouth and the arm is the first thing a person uses to do that. So that's what Shade did, the additional instinct to use her power wrapping her forearm in a thick wrapping of shadows to help diffuse some of the force and keep him from her flesh. It helped, but it wasn't enough to prevent the strength of the bite from carrying through and breaking one of the bones with a loud snap.

Crying out in pain, she lashed out more consciously with her power, sending the bounty staggering several feet away, her necklace and some of her jacket sleeve tearing off as he went. She grimaced as he swallowed the fabric, wrapping a bit more of her power around her arm again, to steady the break this time.

After a short look at the necklace in his hand, he popped it into his mouth and started chewing on it, glaring at Shade.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 am

When Hoss made his way around it seemed that there was already a fight going on. He watched from the distance as he inched his way closer and closer. His hand pulling out the towel as he tried to put together a plan. If he could get the towel around the guy's face before he took a bite he could potentially transmute the towel itself into the mouth binding he had bought at the sex store prior to coming to capture the guy. The only other option he had was to bind the guy's wrists behind his back with the towel and turn it into handcuffs.

The difficult part would be doing it in a way that would leave him capable of getting away unseen. Of course, when Hoss heard the snap of a bone and a cry of pain he got worried and rushed closer to see that it hadn't been Haze but the other individual. That was a relief for him, since Haze was both someone he thought was pretty cool and a fellow gang member. Still, it provided a brief opening for him to attack considering the attention was elsewhere for everyone.

Hoss lunged out and wrapped the towel around from Hippo's side, gripping and twisting it behind his head with his face covered. "Gotcha you son of a bitch!" Hoss said as his other hand reached into his bag and for a moment he pulled his head away. When he looked back a split second later that head had been thrown back to meet with Hoss' nose, striking him hard enough to cause him to lose his grip on the towel slightly. Not enough to let go but enough that it came off of the guy's face before he could do anything.

Hoss staggered back with a hand raising up in front of his nose. His eyes began to sting from pain as he felt the immense pain. It must have busted his nose, there had to have been a break for this much pain to occur. Made sense considering how big this guy's head was. "Fuck!"

Hoss continued to disengage from Hippo, backing away and hoping his attention went back to either of the two in front of him. Hopefully he was lucky...
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Ceara grunted when Hippo pushed her roughly to the side and stumbled back a few steps. The target lunged at her partner, snapping his teeth way too close to her face to be comfortable. The girl quickly regained her balance, eyes widening when Hippo closed his mouth around Shade’s arm. There was a brief moment of panic because, well, cannibalism, but she stifled it when a thick layer of what looked to be shadows protected the girl’s arm from being bitten off. The crack of a bone breaking was unmistakable, though, and she grimaced. The other girl shoved back the man with some more shadows, and, her grip on her weapon tightened, Ceara stepped forward, about to swing at the back of his knee.

“Gotcha you son of a bitch!”

Fuck! She pulled back to avoid taking out the man who had suddenly appeared, recognizing the familiar cap. Hoss and Adams struggled for a bit before there was another crunch of bone breaking, this time from Hoss’ nose. She winced, glancing at him, before moving to the side so the three made a rough circle around the bounty. Two people injured or not, 3 on 1 were good odds. Though really, 2 on 1 on 1 might’ve been a better way to put it, because it wasn’t a coincidence that Hoss knew to cover his face. And knowing her fellow gang member, he wasn’t the type to share. Ceara frowned. Now she really needed to get the bounty, if just so that he wouldn’t. Studying Hippo’s aura, she waited for either him or one of the other two to make a move.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Shade couldn't help the incredulous look that crossed her face when the tall, lanky man literally jumped into the middle of things. Yeah, because that was smart, joining a fight without letting the people you weren't against letting know in some way. He was just lucky that Haze could stop herself from attacking.

And then he got his nose broken. Well, it was better than his leg, which is most likely what would have happened if Haze had hit him instead. Oh, wait, that was Trevor's friend. She'd worry about him later, eyes flickering over the others.

Adams took the opportunity their shuffling around offered and reached into his jacket, pulling out a length of metal and lifting it toward his mouth. Catching sight of how one end already looked to have been bitten, Shade's eyes widened.

"Cover!" Following her own command, she ducked behind a postal drop box just a couple feet from her. She really hoped that it would hold against his attacks since he had been glaring at her again. At least if he was focused on her, that meant the other two could do something. Or run and leave her to fend for herself.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:42 pm

The scrap of metal went into his mouth as Hoss reached into his bag and turned a piece of newspaper into another throwing knife as his other hand grasped his main. He made two copies and held them defensively as a means to counter if need be but the guy seemed slow tough for Hoss to keep himself in the guy's blind spot. All he had to do was duck and roll to behind the guy and keep low. He pursed his lips in inwardly and bit down against them as he would throw a knife straight into the guy's shoulder. It hit but he spun around faster than Hoss had imagined he would, and spat a chunk of metal.

Hoss brought up the other knife to parry the chunk but only managed to knock it off course as it cut into his opposite bicep. On the downswing another chunk of metal flew and he knocked it enough that it only caught a chunk of his hip before Hoss dove to the side next to the postal drop box next to the girl who had yelled cover. "Any bright ideas?" He asked her as he dug into his bag for the pair of handcuffs. He grabbed them and readied them in one hand so that he could try seeing if he could cuff the guy. He'd need a distraction though.

What was her ability?

He thought he had seen something weird around her arm, but he couldn't be sure exactly what had happened. Either way it was clear that they needed to disorient or confuse their target. That's right their.

Because the solo shit just didn't pan out.

Plan B. Cut your losses.

"I got knives out the ass here but I don't think he cares."

Hoss thought he saw his own knife get spat out into the ground next to him having deflected off of the post office box.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Hippo seemed to be focused more on Shade than the other two people combined, and though while this was strange, Ceara was going to use it to her advantage and she moved behind him while his attention was focused on the postal box that Shade and Hoss were hiding behind. She paused a bit to prepare herself before lunging forward, swinging her hammer towards the side Hoss had injured.

Hippo moved fast for a man his size, turning around and dodging the swing. Ceara quickly checked herself, steadying her body before gripping the handle with both hands and swinging again. This time Adams was prepared, blocking the weapon with his metal rod, effectively stopping it, and he grabbed it under the head, tugging hard. Not wanting to be pulled towards him, she released it before stepping back and putting some distance between them.

Well fuck, there goes one hammer, she thought as the bounty brought the hammerhead to his lips, taking a bite out of the dense metal and chewing. That bite was swallowed before he took another chunk out of it, spitting it at her. Ceara shifted out of the way and rushed towards him, hoping the other two could subdue him while she distracted him from the front.

Another piece of her hammer was spat out at her. Dodging projectiles was extremely difficult at close range, she quickly discovered. Ceara wasn’t able to move completely out of the way, a sharp edge creating a long gash over her left eye. She wasn’t stopped by that though, her fist connecting with his now empty jaw. Not hard enough to knock him out, unfortunately, but enough to daze him slightly.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:16 am

Shade blinked, yanking her legs out of the way as Hoss dove over by her, nearly flattening her in the process. It was a friggin' mailbox. What made him think they could both fit behind it?

"Any bright ideas?"

"I'm thinking." And she was. It was just that she really didn't have any idea what to do. There was still some sunlight so she didn't really want to try killing him. Doing that would be something for the gang so it should be on gang time, after dark. At least everyone else had been smart enough to clear the fuck out as soon as the fight had started. That was one less thing to worry about.

"I got knives out the ass here but I don't think he cares."

Shade shook her head, peering out to see Adams take a punch from Haze like it was a love tap, staggering back two or three steps before recovering and grabbing for her neck. "I don't think he cares about anything we've been doing! We need help, we're way outclassed," she responded, reaching a hand out to guide her shadows, yanking Haze away from Hippo and toward them. It might have hurt her a little bit and given her whiplash, but it was better than letting the guy who could literally take a chunk out of her get a hold of her.

Throwing up a wall between him and them, Shade darted out to help Haze to her feet. "We need to go," she said, flinching before turning wide eyes on the wall. "We need to go now. That won't--" She cut herself off with another flinch before gritting her teeth and continuing. "It won't hold long. And if he keeps it up, it'll knock me out."

Her broken arm wasn't helping things any either, sending nausea rolling through her gut. Cradling her arm to her chest, she turned on her heel and started to run, calling back toward them, "Follow me!" Either they would or they wouldn't. She didn't really care either way. Hippo was most likely going to follow her anyway so if they ran some other direction, he'd probably ignore them.

Another harsh blow (and what was he doing anyway?) made her stagger and nearly fall. It was sooner than she'd like, but she had to drop the wall or risk losing consciousness. Thankfully the bakery really wasn't that far and as nimble as Adams was, he didn't have the same speed in a flat-out run as she and the other two did.

Spotting the alley that led to the kitchen door, Shade hurled herself around the corner, barely avoiding a bit of metal that had been spit at her head, coming close enough that it tugged her hood off. Well, she had been right that he'd follow her. And oh look, there's the door.

Bursting into Fye's kitchen, she ducked to the side, sagging to the floor and breathing heavily as she looked around for the fire-breather.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:08 pm

It seemed that whatever weapon Haze was using was no longer of any use as it simply got chomped down. Hoss turned around the corner to look and see the hammer get swallowed as he spat out the bits. "We need to go. We need to go now. That won't- It won't hold long. And if he keeps it up, it'll knock me out." Busted arms were a bit painful but Hoss wasn't really caring about this mission as much any more. It had become quite dangerous and if he was going to get this guy he was going to have to regroup. So in place of any sort of running plan that she had figured, Hoss knew what he was going to do.

Let her draw his fire….

As soon as she took off and he began to shoot bits and pieces at her, Hoss took off at top speed in the other direction. He wasn't particularly fast but he was blowing every bit of sprint he had left in him while staving off his need to whistle by making more knives. One hand gripped a knife, the other buried in his bag. His finger got a few small knicks from the creation of the blades but he wasn't in a particularly caring mood as he banked a corner and jumped behind a trash container.

Hoss took a look at the cut at his hip and then the arm before he stopped making copies of knives and covered his mouth. He held it tightly as long as he could to try and make sure the guy went after the mysterious chick with the busted arm before he let his hand go and whistling erupted from him. He grabbed a few knives and got them at the ready to throw in case the guy was still going after him, but he would sit with his bag of tricks and wait things out for a short while before attempting to attack again.

I hope Haze didn't get her ass killed…
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Ceara’s eyes widened when Hippp quickly recovered and lunged towards her neck. She bent back, trying to avoid his hands when she felt something wrap around her body and hauled her backwards. Her head snapped back at the sudden force. That, along with her restitution, made her wince and close her eyes.

"We need to go. We need to go now. That won't- It won't hold long. And if he keeps it up, it'll knock me out. Follow me!”

She opened her eyes a slit, grabbing Shade’s offered hand and glancing at the wall of shadows. The girl stumbled a little, stomach rolling, but forced herself to follow after her. She saw Hoss run in the opposite direction from the corner of her eye. She frowned. It would’ve been nice to have his help for the bounty, especially since the two girls were at a disadvantage. But then again, he came in here solo, so he had all right to bolt if he wanted to.

Every step sending a shock of pain bouncing through her skull, she pushed herself harder, sprinting after Shade. She followed her into an alley, dodging the projectiles spat at them, and through the door, into a kitchen. Ceara skidded to a stop and fought to catch her breath. She looked at the other girl, whose face was contorted in pain. Her head hurt like a bitch, but it was probably nothing compared to a broken arm. A step was taken towards Shade, her mouth opened to voice her concern, but any words she might’ve said was cut off by a wave of nausea. Ceara staggered before rushing to a nearby trashcan, dry heaving over it.

“Fuck…” she managed out before dropping to her knees, leaning against it. This really isn’t good.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:58 pm

The baker stared at them.

Forearms elbow-deep in suds, hair loose, Fye pinned both girls with an extremely confused and startled gaze--not that much of the emotion showed on his face, but. Gemlike blue darted over the both of them, recognizing Shade if not the other girl, categorizing their injuries, brow furrowing slightly as the silver-haired one staggered over to his kitchen garbage can to retch (he'd just emptied those. Was she a harbinger?).

He'd just opened his mouth to inquire what in the world both of them were doing here when he'd just opened the door, in that condition, when there was a bellow of triumph from outside, and just like that Fye's attention snapped to the alleyway through the wall, head pointing in that direction, muscles tensing and dropping into a fighting stance, there was a slight shaking of the floor, and the blond blurred into movement, blond hair fluttering, to scoop and shove both girls away and aside from the door, barking out,
"MOVE", pupils barely black papercuts against his irises with anxiety, and Hippo barreled through the door, shattering the wood with a well-placed projectile and charging in a moment later, tackling Fye and bearing him through the counter on the other side of the kitchen, slamming him into the surface, sending cracks across the worn wood.

Fye snarled through the pain from both the impact and the tear of his skin as ruby scales sprouted from his flesh; kicking outwards with his clawed feet, he scored several lines through the bounty's flesh, the man making a startled noise and dropping him like a live coal at the added plume of fire and wriggled twist that the baker made, the edges of his scales razor sharp. Fye dropped to his feet, landing deftly, and pressed his advantage, tackling the bounty this time through the dividing door between the shop proper and the kitchen, trying to get the two combatants out of the enclosed place, attempting to minimize the damage to anyone who could get caught in the crossfire in the small kitchen.
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Shade saw that Fye was going to speak, was going to try and rush out an explanation for him, but Hippo had caught up quicker than she thought he would. Thank god Fye's reflexes were as good as they were and that he wasn't half-exhausted or else she and Haze would be even worse off than they had been, herself more so since she had been right next to where Adams had come through.

She slung her good arm around Haze's waist and tugged the smaller girl close, shifting them so that she was protectively hunched over her. This had gone to shit so quickly because she had been stupid enough not to have taken off the damn necklace, it only made sense that she help protect the other while she was dazed or whatever the problem was. Her restitution maybe?

Shade called up her power, letting it bubble under the surface while it waited for her to direct it. She'd be ready to cover Haze and herself with a protective dome if the need arose, but it was looking like Fye had things handled. She watched with wide eyes as he apparently manifested additional powers. Either he was an extreme anomaly, or he wasn't just a fire-breather like she had thought. She'd have to ask about it later, if Hippo didn't get a hold of her first that is.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:52 am

It's not that Hoss was a chicken, but when he decided to follow Hippo from the distance, whistling away as he managed to keep out of the guys angry rush he saw him burst into some sort of door. Soon after he thought he had heard some sort of dangerous noise and could have sworn that he heard some other door get busted in. His eyes went wide as he continued whistling and did an about-face before walking off.

Spoiler:

Hoss wasn't chicken, but he wasn't going to go into an enclosed environment as a long ranged combatant with a few injuries to face off with some big ass target and two maybe-allies.

Crossfire was bound to be a bitch, and hitting one target among three potential (not counting Fye given Hoss' lack of knowledge of the situation) made accidents likely to happen. No, Hoss would wait and see if they got Hippo tonight. If they didn't get him, he'd come back another day slightly more prepared, going in for the kill rather than the capture. Because quite frankly, fuck that shit. No amount of credits was worth getting killed for.

Not this time, H. Maybe next time. We live to fry another fish another day.

The whistling echoed in the distance until it was no more, and Hoss was out of there.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:13 pm

From her place facing the garbage can, Ceara could only register a man shouting, “MOVE!” before there was a loud crack of the wooden door splintering. She tried turning around when she heard another crash behind her, but Shade was already on top of her, shielding her from any stray attack that might come from the two men fighting in the small kitchen. Normally the girl would’ve protested this and would’ve attempted to jump back in the fray, but she knew she was in no condition to fight at the moment.

Ceara tucked in her head, listening to the fight while trying to calm down, because the way her heart was beating right now was not doing anything at all to help the pounding in her skull. There was another loud bang of a door crashing open and shut, and she assumed the two opponents had moved their fight into a larger area. She waited for a few moments to make sure the pain had subsided to a bearable level before looking up and removing Shade’s arms. “I’m fine… thanks.”

Ceara stood up and helped the other girl up as well. She moved over to the doors, pushing them open slightly to peek out of them. The blonde must’ve been the man Shade had been talking about before, and she hadn't been lying; he seemed to have everything under control.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Fye Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Fye snarled viciously as the two of them went over the counter, barely missing the cash register and tumbling into the tables and chairs instead, breaking some, scattering others, and finally separating as Fye launched himself back off of Hippo, using the man as a springboard, digging in with all ten pointy claws before turning a neat, aerial backflip and landing on the wood floor; Hippo was already seizing a nearby broken chair by the time Fye launched himself forward, chewing and swallowing a section of it before spitting out his next bite.

The baker turned his shoulder, catching the projectile on ruby scales (that would leave a nasty bruise tomorrow), immolating the next one with a puff of fire, and headbutting Hippo in the stomach with his next movement, catching him full across the abdomen with his horns, sending the man flying backwards to crack into another table.

Fye knew about this one; he'd seen the Bulletin post at the time, knew that people had been hunting him, scored four bright lines of red across the bounty's chest as he rolled around, trying to right himself, and then Hippo connected with a lucky punch to Fye's jaw that made his vision blur, the blond staggering backwards.

Hippo didn't press his advantage--he'd probably had enough. Instead, he managed to gain his feet, a distinct look of panic in his piggish eyes, and fled, bursting through the front door of the shop by the time Fye's vision cleared.

The blond exhaled one long breath, turned to survey the damage to the bakery, went to the door and pulled it as closed as it was going to go, wedging it shut, and went to the damaged counter, fishing beneath it until he came up with a sign; scrabbling a little on the floor, claws making scratching noises, Fye hung it up.

Closed until further notice.

Then he went back to the kitchen, exhaled through his noise in dismay at the damage there, and turned his attention to the two girls, staring at them for a long moment.

"Well?"
Fye
Fye
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next