THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Need to Quit Picking Fights [Samson, Ceara, Andrew]

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You Need to Quit Picking Fights [Samson, Ceara, Andrew] Empty You Need to Quit Picking Fights [Samson, Ceara, Andrew]

Post by Helios Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 am

One of these days, he was going to learn to avoid anything involving animals when looking for odd jobs, but today was not that day. But still, when the poster said she needed help cleaning her house, he hadn’t expected to have to contend with two demonic cats from the fifth circle of Hell. Maybe a pair of adorable kittens like what had been described, but definitely not demons. The scratches running down his left arm throbbed beneath their bandages as Samson pulled his jacket a little tighter around himself, tugging on his hood to protect his ears from the chilled winter air. Worth it for 15 credits? Probably not, if he came down with some exotic cat disease.

As he shut the client's door behind him, he did his best to brush the thoughts away. No need to bother himself with the possibility of a slow and painful death by cat disease. Instead of heading to the Metro – walking from the South District to home did not seem like a pleasant task, especially in the snow – he decided to head for a nearby café. After all, what’s better way to enjoy the winter wonderland of a city than with a cup of hot chocolate and donuts? Well, hibernating, but that’s not as delicious. Besides, it was still early in the afternoon, so he had time to spare.

He turned the corner, humming quietly to himself and smiling at passing strangers as he headed for his destination. Most of them didn’t return the sentiment, though it didn’t bother him too much. One man even gave him a glare, and he couldn’t help but smile wider – positivity in the face of adversity, after all.

Too bad he was too occupied with mocking spreading happiness to distrustful strangers to notice the other strangers on the sidewalk. Who would’ve thought that moving in a straight line would be difficult when he wasn’t looking at where he was going?

Samson practically leapt a couple paces backwards, the most unmanly squeak escaping his throat after he walked directly into…

…uh…

Oh no, wait, there she was.

Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

You Need to Quit Picking Fights [Samson, Ceara, Andrew] Empty Re: You Need to Quit Picking Fights [Samson, Ceara, Andrew]

Post by Ceara Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:12 pm

“The bird’s great, actually. I don’t have to take care of her much and I’ve trained her to not be so noisy.” Ceara nudged open the door to the café with a hip, her hands occupied with a cup of coffee and a sandwich, and held it for her cousin before letting it swing close. “She’s really a smart bird. Tal loves her; calls her Sassy, which I suppose kinda fits...”

She grinned and fell into step beside Andrew, letting him lead them wherever he wanted, happy to be finally spending time with him after a few weeks apart. As much as he annoyed the crap out of her sometimes, and while Ceara was pretty sure he was doing alright, she couldn’t help but worry about him when they didn’t see each other for a while. A short chuckle left her lips at something he said before she struggled to unwrap her sandwich, not patient enough to wait until they reached their destination. Successfully tearing open the paper with a satisfied noise, she bit into it.

…Or she would’ve, if some asshole who obviously didn’t know how to watch where he was going crashed into her. Ceara squeaked as she held on tightly to the paper cup of coffee but managed to hold it away from her body, saving it from spilling over her coat or falling to the ground. Her sandwich, however, wasn’t so lucky. Her eyes followed her meal as it fell from her hand and let out a whimper as its contents spilled out onto the snow-covered ground. Pouting, she stared at it for a few more moments, mourning the loss, before snapping her head up and sending the best glare she had at the man who bumped into her. And the glare only turned darker when she didn't miss the way he looked around before finally finding her, about a foot under his eye level.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

You Need to Quit Picking Fights [Samson, Ceara, Andrew] Empty Re: You Need to Quit Picking Fights [Samson, Ceara, Andrew]

Post by Andrew Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Andrew laughed as she filled him in on the bird he had gotten her (for free no less, not even a favor needed. One of his acquaintances had one of those birds and it had laid some eggs not that long ago and managed to sell all but Sassy so he had taken it off the woman's hands).

"You mean, not so noisy except when I'm around, right? Because she still calls me an idiot." Of course, he wouldn't put it past his cousin to encourage that. She'd probably teach the bird other insults to use just for him. Which, scarily enough, he found the thought a little flattering. Go figure.

He did see the other guy, but not soon enough to warn Ceara or even tug her out of the way. He winced as they collided and he watched the sandwich hit the ground with a sinking feeling in his gut. As bad as it had been when he had spilled her coffee that one time, this was on a whole other level. You just didn't get between his cousin and her food. And then to look around like that and remind her she was short on top of it? Bad things happened.

"Now, Ceara, it was an accident. He didn't do it on purpose. Just, stay calm!" That last bit came out in a yelp as she lunged at the guy and he had to drop his sandwich (still wrapped thankfully) and get an arm around her waist and yank her back against his chest. "We can trade, okay?" He didn't care if he missed a meal or picked the food up from the ground - it was still mostly wrapped so it was edible (not that he cared because he had a couple of times eaten from a dumpster, even if he didn't like to do that).

Last edited by Andrew on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:18 am

“I am so sor-” Samson took a nice big step backwards instead when she made a move towards him, thankfully stopped by her companion “-ry! Please don’t kill me, we’re in broad daylight!” He watched the duo with wide eyes, looking them over as he held his hands out in front of him defensively. He naturally went for their eyes first thing, and he was a bit surprised to spot bright purple and green. Two harbingers in a single moment? Well, three, if he counted himself, not that they could tell. It's a harbinger party, someone bring out the cake and boardgames!

But really, in all seriousness, he was now a bit more curious about these two besides hoping the redhead could hold back his friend. Who were they? Where did they come from? What could they do? Was the girl going to set him on fire with her eyes? She probably wished she could. If looks could cook, he would be a poor loaf of bread left too long in the oven and turned into a lump of charcoal. And then thrown into the sun for good measure.

He dropped his hands to his sides, then raised one to rub the back of his neck, tilting his head slightly as he regarded the white-haired teen.
“If you want, I could buy you another sandwich?” He flicked his gaze over to the redhead. “You too.” There go his 15 credits. He suddenly wished he had bargained with the client earlier, if only to get a bit of a bonus for dealing with demon cats and to have some profit left over if these two teens took him up on his offer. He kind of wished they did, or at least the girl. Maybe it would pacify her enough so he wouldn’t find her trying to stab him in the middle of the night. Or making him explode with weird-yet-admittedly-awesome harbinger powers.
Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Ceara did wish, not for the first time, that her power was something cool like blowing someone up or setting them on fire with her mind. But no, she settled with throwing herself at the man, intending to tackle him to the ground so she could beat the shit out of him. An arm wrapped itself around her waist and tugged back. She hit his chest with an ‘oof’ but immediately started to thrash around, demanding for her cousin to drop her.

"We can trade, okay?"

No, it wasn’t okay. She wouldn’t let Andrew eat her ruined food because of this asshole. Ceara flailed her limbs again. “Andrew, let me go!” When he still refused, she let herself go limp, her dead weight forcing him to release her.

“If you want, I could buy you another sandwich? You too.” She huffed. Why couldn’t she simply punch the guy in the face and be done with it? They could just go their separate ways afterwards. But no, he had to be the nice guy and offer to buy them both a new sandwich. She couldn't hit him now, not without looking absolutely evil. Whether or not she actually was though, was up to debate. Ceara sighed and smoothed down her clothing, before glancing at her cousin and nodding.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Andrew grunted as he struggled to hold on to his cousin, his hot cocoa joining her coffee on the ground as he wrapped his other arm around her. At least she hadn't thought to throw it at him, because it was fresh and that would have given that cooked bit the other guy had thought about.

He squawked in surprise when she went limp and nearly dragged him down as well. Reflexively letting go so he could regain his compromised balance, wincing immediately after and hoping that she caught herself rather than hit the ground. Which she did. Good. He didn't really want to be hit for something she did. Of course, if they had fallen and he had landed on her, then she would have hit him anyway. That was just his luck.

Andrew shook his head, stooping to pick up his sandwich again and dust the snow off of it. "Nah, my food is fine. You can replace my cocoa though," he said, gesturing at the still steaming puddle off to the side.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 am

If it wasn’t for the fact that it was a matter of life or death (his, that is), Samson probably would’ve found the duo’s antics hilarious. At least they seemed to have accepted his peace offering.

Haha. Samson: 1. Imminent demise: 0.

He grinned at them, clapping his hands together.
“Well, alright then!” His delight at escaping death once more made his voice more chipper than need be, but who cares? Not him. He headed for the café they had just left, sidestepping the duo (and taking care not to step into the gross cocoa-snow puddle) and turning 180 degrees around to look at them, still smiling. Considering the fact he just crashed into someone due to his lack of attention while walking, it was probably a bad idea. “You guys can wait here, or come along.” He doubted that either of them would trust him to not run off if he left their sight, though. Really, if he was in their position, he wouldn’t either.

So he wasn’t surprised at all when they followed him to the café, and he held open the door for them like the true gentleman he was, Even if he was tempted to close it on the girl’s face for the shits and giggles. If he had, though, he probably would’ve had both of them trying to kill him then. The girl for obvious reasons, and the boy because he was her friend. Friend? Brother? Boyfriend, possibly? What a shame that would be, the redhead was pretty cute. Maybe it was the eyes. He had a thing for harbinger eyes.

Wait, no, he had more important things to do. Like buying food so he didn't have to sell his eternal soul to this chick. She probably wouldn't even pay a decent amount for it.

“So, what would you guys like? Type of sandwich, marshmallows or whipped cream with your cocoa, so on and so forth?” He tucked his hands into his jacket pockets, watching them curiously. “And while we’re still happily capable of communication, what’re your names? How’s life treating you?” He lowered his voice to a furtive whisper, enjoying his own theatrics. “Don’t see harbingers too often, these days.” Or ever, considering that the normal folks vastly outnumbered them.
Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:24 pm

She blinked curiously as she watched the man practically bounce away towards the café, looking backwards at them no less. Hadn’t he learned something from crashing into someone the first time? She glanced at her cousin and shrugged before following after the exuberant male. Ceara snorted softly when he held the door open for them, familiar enough with shit-eating grins to know one when she saw one. She didn’t need her power to know exactly what he was thinking of doing, and quickly stepped into the warm interior of the café before he could.

“So, what would you guys like? Type of sandwich, marshmallows or whipped cream with your cocoa, so on and so forth? And while we’re still happily capable of communication, what’re your names? How’s life treating you? Don’t see harbingers too often, these days.”

Her eyes widened as he babbled on. Oh god – she glanced at her cousin – he was one of them. The overly friendly, cheery, rambling type. “BLT on a roll, Ceara, okay, and really? I hang out with a surprising amount of them,” she struggled to answer all his questions, too busy trying to keep up to remember that she was supposed to be upset with him. How the hell was he getting enough air into his lungs? “And no, it’s not as fun as you might think. Shit tends to blow up when there’s more than two harbingers around.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Andrew was content to follow along behind them, hands in his pockets. And when the guy was talking? The redhead's eyebrows slowly raised and a grin spread over his face. He could just imagine what his cousin was thinking about this, and if the look she shot him was any indication, he was right. Though, he was surprised when she gave her actual name this time. Huh, wonder why that was?

His grin turned into a smirk and he tried not to laugh. Maybe she thought this guy, whatever his name was, was cute? Well, either way, he was going to tease her mercilessly.

"Kind of rude to ask our names without introducing yourself first," he teased. He hadn't missed the look the other male had given him and so he was going to make him work for that information. And everything else. Flirting didn't hurt anyone after all.

He looked at Ceara, right back to grinning, and winked. "And if things don't blow up or get set on fire, someone gets hit by a car."
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:32 am

He couldn’t help but enjoy the look on the girl’s – Ceara, apparently – face. What, didn’t she like people who made an effort to be friendly? Maybe she was still mad about the whole crashing-into-each-other thing (he still thinks that she should’ve been watching where she was going, because really, it’s hard to miss a 6’1 person, while he could easily miss her…what was she, maybe five feet tall?) or something like that, though he’d already gotten over it, clearly.

"Kind of rude to ask our names without introducing yourself first." Samson arched an eyebrow at the redhead, though still smiled good-naturedly.

“Oh, whoops, sorry! You can call me Vitus.”
As per usual, he gave his middle name. Why? It sounded cooler, for one (well, to him at least, and that’s what mattered), and it let him avoid being called ‘Sammy’ or something like that. Least favorite nickname of all time. “And you, good sir?” He grinned more widely. “I can’t order your fair companion’s food ‘til you tell.”

“…and really? I hang out with a surprising amount of them.”

“Well,” he said, dragging out the word, “maybe harbingers just gravitate towards each other. Birds of a feather flock together, after all.” The cliché explained quite well why he was talking to these two. Fate, fate led the unjustly discriminated together. Now they just had to lead the revolution against their oppressors.

…but that sounded like a lot of work, so maybe later.

"And if things don't blow up or get set on fire, someone gets hit by a car."

“I sure hope nothing like that happens while I’m around!” His tone was lighthearted as ever. “I’d prefer to not be a squashed and singed person, after all.” He resisted the urge to ask what they thought would happen with three harbingers around, though personally he thought they should gather up all the ‘supernatural mutants’ and have a nice good dance off. Dance off? Okay, maybe something less mortifying, like a pot luck. The girl would probably like that.
Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Vitus, huh. Ceara couldn’t be sure if it was his real name or simply an alias, but that didn’t really matter much. Though if it was his real name, then it was certainly an odd one. Then again, so was hers, so she couldn’t really say anything. And what he said about harbingers gravitating towards each other? Probably true – besides Aiden, she couldn’t really think of any non-harbinger friends. And even their relationship was shaky at best. It was rare to find someone like Aiden, anyway. Most people were wary, if not openly hostile, to people like her.

"And if things don't blow up or get set on fire, someone gets hit by a car."

“I sure hope nothing like that happens while I’m around! I’d prefer to not be a squashed and singed person, after all.”

He sounded way too happy for someone talking about being mutilated and/or killed in very brutal ways. Ceara lifted an eyebrow at him before turning to her cousin, hitting him with a light glare. “I thought we were over that! I already apologized like, fifty times, and you weren’t permanently damaged, so – You’re never going to let me forget that, are you.” She groaned and slapped a hand over her face.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Andrew's eyebrows rose a little. 'Vitus'? Well, he must not be that interested if he didn't give a real name. The redhead shrugged minutely. "Andrew," he said, offering a hand. It didn't hurt to be polite, especially if it made the other less inclined to start shit later.

He looked at Ceara and grinned. "Of course not. At least I didn't mention the cl--" He cut himself off with a laugh when she shot him a look daring him to finish that. He held up his hands to show he was innocent then let them drop again, looking over at the other man.

"Hey, worse things could happen. Remember that sinkhole that opened up further south over the summer? From what I understand, like eight people fell down it and all but one of them were harbingers. They all survived though, so that's a plus." He glanced at Ceara to confirm, remembering that she had been there.

Andrew turned toward the brunet man and nodded at the counter. "You could probably just ask them to redo our order since we're regulars here."
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 am

Samson shook his hand, filing away the younger man’s name for later, along with his companion’s. Ceara, Andrew, Ceara, Andrew. Two allied – probably, at least for the time being – harbingers, one short and one cute but probably crazy to hang out with said short one. And something about getting hit by a car? Wow.

He tilted his head to one side, nodding somewhat thoughtfully when Andrew brought up the sinkhole.
“Oh yeah, that. Probably a good thing they didn’t make anything explode, considering they were under the city.” The South District really didn’t need more issues than it already had. “Though I would be impressed if someone did get hit by a car down there, mostly by the fact they got a car in working condition there in the first place.”

"You could probably just ask them to redo our order since we're regulars here."

Samson clasped his hands together once again, beaming at the redhead before extending his gratefulness to Ceara as well. Even though she didn’t really do anything to deserve it, it was still a good idea to share a smile with as many people as possible. “Sure, that makes it much easier!” He turned away, heading for the counter but calling over his shoulder to the duo, “Just don’t vanish or something and leave me to eat all your food by myself!”
Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 am

She glared at Andrew again, mentally wishing he would finish that sentence so she could beat the knowledge of her fear of clowns out of his stupid brain, and rolled her eyes when he pretended to be innocent.

Ceara glanced at her cousin when he mentioned the sinkhole. She didn’t remember ever telling him about – oh, right, she did, and after confirming that she hadn’t been hurt permanently, he promptly laughed his ass off. It was pretty funny, she had to admit, the sheer ridiculousness of a giant sinkhole appearing out of nowhere. And as for all of them surviving? Even Ceara was surprised at that, though it had very little to do with the harbingers there. Nolli was fucking lucky that she didn’t strangle him down there.

"You could probably just ask them to redo our order since we're regulars here."

The girl watched Vitus walk off to the counter before turning back to Andrew, blinking. “And I thought you were an abnormally cheerful person.” She groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose. If the older man could babble as much as she knew Andrew could, and the two of them did it at once (probably for the sole reason of pissing her off), one of them was going to be stabbed.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Andrew grinned down at Ceara. "I told you that I wasn't the only person like this. It's not my fault you wanted to live in denial," he said with a teasing grin. He then tilted his head, glancing at the taller man. "Say, is it just me, or does he keep eying me? In a more than normal friendly way I mean?" Not that he minded, it was just a little odd since the other didn't know what Andrew occasionally did, and if he did, then he would likely have propositioned him by now.

Unless he hadn't because Ceara was here. In which case, Andrew was rather happy for because he really tried not to when he was dating someone (not that that happened all that often) because he thought it was, in his opinion, cheating. And he wouldn't do that to someone he was involved with and supposed to care for.

He smiled up at Vitus when he came back with the stuff, accepting the cocoa happily and taking a careful sip. "Thanks for the replacement."

Last edited by Andrew on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 am

Samson tried and failed to hold a conversation with the cashier. Apparently the world was filled with unappreciative people today, and he pouted at the man’s back as he turned away to get his order. At least the guy was good at his job, and soon enough the harbinger had a cup of cocoa in both hands, coffee cradled in one elbow and sandwiches piled precariously on the other. Dear lord, he was pretty sure the duo only had two sandwiches between them when he encountered them. Did they normally order three sandwiches each? Had they finished the others before leaving the café? Or was the freaking cashier messing with him for trying to have a nice and friendly conversation? It’s called trying to make your dull and thankless job more interesting, kid.

Ah well, there could be worse things. He paid and headed back to the duo with a bit of a puzzled expression, though let it go in favor for his usual smile. He handed Andrew his drink, awkwardly setting down his own on a nearby ledge before giving the coffee to Ceara. With that, he shifted half of the sandwiches to his free arm, and raised an eyebrow at the two.
“So either you guys really like sandwiches, or that high school student was lying through his teeth,” he commented, letting amusement into his words. He half-hoped that they’d just take them all, since he only really wanted cocoa, but he supposed he could take them home for later.
Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 am

She groaned lightheartedly. “Don’t remind me that there are more of you. And yes,” she stole a glance at the other man’s back, “he thinks you’re cute. Don’t let that get to your head.” Ceara smiled and crossed her arms, dropping her head to rest against the nearby window.

“So either you guys really like sandwiches, or that high school student was lying through his teeth.”

The girl lifted her head, accepting her fresh cup of coffee with a small nod of thanks. She tilted her head curiously at the pile of sandwiches before taking a sip of her drink and setting it next, moving to help relieve him of a portion of his burden. “He’s lying,” even between the two of them, they would never be able to afford this much food on a normal basis, “though I never say no to more food.” Ceara grinned, the prospect of food immediately brightening her disposition.

Once all of the sandwiches were out of Vitus’ arms and safely on a nearby table, she picked one up and tore into the package, happily digging into it while ignoring the other two, her attention focused solely on the sandwich before her.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Andrew laughed softly, gaze flickering between the two of them and the kid at the counter. "Nah, he always slips us extra food. He thinks she's cute," he said with a jerk of the head at his cousin. "So he was just able to do that and not get yelled at for losing money." He took another sip of his cocoa and looked over the sandwiches. Another laugh and he shook his head, sliding onto the booth's seat opposite Ceara, far enough for Samson to sit next to him since he knew she wouldn't move for anything, not with food in front of her. "Plus, those are all different ones you've ordered at different times," he added on, nudging her leg with his foot.

He shook his head at being ignored then turned toward the other man a bit and smiled. "So, Vitus huh? How'd you get saddled with that name?" Either his parents were... interesting and gave him that for his real name or it was a weird-ass nickname. He wondered what it meant. It sounded like old Latin, but languages weren't his thing - he had never been interested, really.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 am

He raised an eyebrow ever so slightly, though was pleased by Ceara’s reaction. Did it count as bribery for getting him on her good side? Accidental bribery, maybe? In any case, it raised his opinion of the cashier. What a kind guy. It also made him feel a bit better on spending all those credits, if it kept someone from risking his job.

Samson took a seat next to the redhead, elbows propped up on the table and his drink held carefully in one hand. The girl across from them no longer seemed interested in any sort of interaction, and his guess was proven by the fact she ignored her companion. He was, however, somewhat impressed by her…efficiency in eating her sandwich. Maybe if he ever came across a food eating contest, he’d point her in the direction of it.
“You know, it’s not gonna vanish off the face of the planet, no need to hurry.”

Hearing Andrew speak, he turned towards him, wrapping his other hand around his cocoa to leech warmth from the drink. “Named after my granddad,” he responded with practiced ease, “though don’t ask me how he got the name.” He wasn’t exactly lying; he did get the name from his mother’s father, though he saw no need to mention too many details, or that it wasn’t actually his first name. “Could’ve been worse, though,” he said with a smile, taking a sip of his drink. “‘Vitus’ is at least pronounceable by sane people.”

“What about you two? Any interesting stories behind your names?”

Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Really? She glanced up from her sandwich to glance at the cashier, who quickly looked away once he saw she caught him staring. That was kind of cute, that he remembered a few of her previous orders from the past, given that she had been a regular for quite some time. Too bad she want looking for any sort of relationship at this time. Ceara still smiled and gave him a little nod of thanks, chuckling when he flushed a bright red and nearly dropped his customer's order, before turning back to her meal.

"You know, it's not going to vanish off the face of the planet, no need to hurry." She rolled her eyes but didn't show any other sign of response, continuing to chow down on her sandwich. This was the first real meal she had had in two days, and she was going to damn well enjoy it, especially since someone else was paying for it. She kept a small amount of attention on the males' conversation, the rest on finishing the meal. “What about you two? Any interesting stories behind your names?”

Ceara popped the last bit of her sandwich and chewed, covering her mouth with a hand before swallowing. "Nothing special, really. Mother and Father just wanted an unique name, I guess."She shrugged and reached for her second sandwich, eating this one at a more sedate pace.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:31 am

Andrew shrugged his shoulders with practiced ease. "What can I say? My parents decided to go with a nice, normal name," he said lightly, tone natural enough that only Ceara would know how much he disliked this subject, and even that only because of things he had said before and her power. "Probably in the hopes that it would make my... unnaturalness go away." Though his false indifference was undermined somewhat by that.

He shrugged again, leaning back and toying with his cup, turning it a few times. Eying Ceara, he let out a soft laugh and reached out to snag a sandwich, one that he liked as well, and tugged it toward himself to set aside to save for later.

"So, Vitus, if you don't mind my asking, how old are you? You look around our age," he said as he opened the sandwich they had bought earlier. And what Andrew said likely didn't make much sense since he looked a few years older than Ceara - about twenty-two to her nineteen. He took a bite of his sandwich and looked at Samson while he chewed.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:42 am

A frown tugged at the corner of his lips, but he quickly smoothed it away. He’d been dealt a decent hand in life with his parents and siblings, and coming across less fortunate harbingers only served to remind him of that. Not that he was going to tell this guy that – as much as he liked harbingers, the less people who knew he was one, the better. He doubted that Andrew would want any words of sympathy, either.

“I’m 22!” Samson propped his head up on one hand, grinning. “I like to think I look rather youthful for my age, don’t you think?” Not that 22 was old, but at least Ceara seemed to be a few years younger than himself. More clearly than Andrew, at least.

“So,” he started after taking a sip, “you guys from this lovely district?” Lovely might not be the best word to use, but his other option was to insult it (what do you mean ‘moderation’?) and, well, that probably wouldn’t win him anything either. South District may be the part of the city in the worst condition, but hey, it has its charm. Like these two wonderful people sitting with him, and damn this cocoa is good.
Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Ceara glanced at her cousin over her sandwich, eyes narrowing slightly when he mentioned his family. She had never met them before, but they better wish they never did, because she didn’t know what she’d do. The scars… She exhaled slowly and met Andrew’s eyes before taking a sip of her coffee. He was being blasé about it, so she wouldn’t push. Especially not in front of a somewhat stranger.

The girl nodded when Vitus told them his age, unsurprised that he was older than he looked. Not that age really mattered much to her, really.

“So, you guys from this lovely district?”

She snorted. Lovely was definitely not a word she would use to describe the South. Loud, dirty, unique if you wanted to be nice... but definitely not lovely. Even still, it was home. She couldn't imagine living anywhere else and would feel out of place anyway. "I have an apartment a few blocks from here." Ceara didn't say anything about her cousin's situation. She doubted that he would want to have a stranger know about it anyway.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 am

Andrew shrugged carelessly before a light smile came to his lips. "Home for me is in North, but I have the habit of crashing with various friends so I consider myself to be from the city in general." His smile faded a bit. "My sisters still live in a good part of North, unless one moved out to stay in the dorms at college. If she's in college." He shrugged again. "I don't know. It's been a few years since I've seen either of them." And no, he wasn't bitter about that. Not that he'd show it anyway. As open as he could be a lot of the time, something seemed a bit off about this guy.

Maybe it was that he smiled the same way Andrew did: to hide things, hide his pain and anger and bitterness and cynicism with the world.

Andrew looked at Ceara and just knew that she was going to bring this all up again later. And he'd be surprised if she didn't. He turned to Vitus again. "What about you? Where are you from?" If he didn't want to answer, he shouldn't have asked.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Samson nodded slightly as they spoke, gradually adding the information to their profiles in his head. Truth be told, he would probably never meet these people ever again, but it’d be rather embarrassing if he did but forgot everything about them. If fate would have it, he’d end up knowing them as ‘those sandwich harbingers’, which would just be a disaster for everyone.

“I’m from the North as well, interestingly enough.” He smiled with faint nostalgia, despite the fact he had gone back for a visit barely more than a month ago. At a certain point, everything felt like it happened ages ago. “I moved to the West a few years back, though. As ‘safe’ -” he made sure to do air quotes “- as the North was, it was a bit boring, so I decided to try my luck elsewhere. Spread my wings and all that.” Besides, he’d much rather take his chance with gangs and crime if it meant he had a shot at rewriting his identity. No one could give him flak for being a mutant if they didn’t know he was one, right?
Helios
Helios
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next