THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open RP] Let's Just Kill the Hairdresser

2 posters

Go down

[Open RP] Let's Just Kill the Hairdresser Empty [Open RP] Let's Just Kill the Hairdresser

Post by EllaKey Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 pm

[RP located in the North District. Starters are Kota and Marjorie. But you're more than welcome to jump in!]

The North District was big, absolutely full of people, and far too devoid of street art in Marjorie’s opinion. It was a crime, she thought, an absolute crime, to have such clean walls, just begging to have someone’s artistic input, be completely blank. Bathroom stall scribbles art did not make, she thought, frowning a bit as she cut through the back alley of some major street, looking for a good corner for her to work in.
There was a fairly isolated spot behind some building – a quick dig through the trash revealed hair and its corresponding products (mainly hairspray) revealed that it was a hair salon. Perfect, she thought, pulling her hood back to let her own bleached and streaked hair out. She hadn’t shaved the sides recently, and her scalp felt prickly, like a porcupine’s back. She set her bag down, pulling off her hoodie to tie it about her waist. It was an unusually warm day, and she hated getting spraypaint on it. Instead, she wore a worn out tshirt, shivering a bit. Her arms were getting pale. They needed more light. It might even make some of the scars fade away.
The template she wanted was in her sketchbook. She taped it up as high as she could reach, standing back to check out the colors all around. She picked bright orange eventually, her favorite color. The quiet hissing of the can was calming and she started on the body of her work: a PacMan-esque figure throwing up.

EllaKey
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

[Open RP] Let's Just Kill the Hairdresser Empty Re: [Open RP] Let's Just Kill the Hairdresser

Post by Kota Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 am

The one thing...okay, one of the things Kota liked most about the North district was its cleanliness and its minimal amount of graffiti. Unlike the South where he grew up in, there weren't many people here who would even think about defacing a nicely painted wall of a nicely built establishment. Caius definitely would not appreciate any color barf over his meticulously cleaned walls, both inside and out.

Well today, Caius was out for lunch with whatever girl he was dating/hitting on currently, so the blonde had the store to himself. The store was closed for lunch break and he'd already eaten the sandwich he bought himself that morning. He sat idly on a stool and flipping aimlessly through his geometry text book. Proofs, theorems, postulates, triangles, properties... All the boring shit he strongly believed was absolutely useless in life save for torturing young kids. He was pulling through most of his classes with effortless C's since he never did his homework. Like ever.

Yawning, he tossed the book on the counter and moved to take the trash out for his boss. Translucent trash bag in hand, he pushed open the back door just in time to see a girl spraying an obnoxiously colored orange onto the exterior of the shop. At her feet was a sketchbook with some strange pattern on it. He dropped the bag into the open trash bin and walked to her. "Hey lady, what are you doing?" Of course it was pretty damn obvious she was tagging the wall, but Kota decided to play it nice and not snap at her. This wasn't his store anyway. Although Caius was going to blow a gasket later.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

[Open RP] Let's Just Kill the Hairdresser Empty Re: [Open RP] Let's Just Kill the Hairdresser

Post by EllaKey Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:43 am

Marjorie jumped and turned around quickly, nearly tripping herself up. “Uh, hi?” she said, looking back at the half finished piece of work. “Your district needs more color, dontcha think?” She tried smiling as she gestured back to the tag, remembered her missing tooth made her look like a hoodlum, and closed her lips instead. She lowered her hand from her chest too, not remembering when she had grabbed it. Her heart was still thumping from being startled though (maybe she should stop zoning out while working).
She inspected the boy curiously and quickly. He looked maybe half her age maybe, despite being just a little taller than her, and oh so adorable. The type of kid that would have pinched cheeks and a handful of hard candy if stuck in a room of old women. And as usual, her slow-acting filter worked against her.
“You’re cute,” she blurted then flushed darkly, pulling her hoodie off her waist and tugging it over her head to hide her embarrassment. The end of her long strip of hair poked out the bottom and she had to tug her hair free, still not quite meeting the boy’s eyes.

EllaKey
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:17 am

He reflexively jumped a little when the other did, but not quite as high. Did he pop up that suddenly? Or was this girl just nervous? It looked like she just got caught doing something she shouldn't be doing. Which she shouldn't. Spray-painting the walls of private property anyway.

"Your district needs more color, dontcha think?"

The blonde raised an eyebrow at that and the image on the wall. "No, not really," he answered matter-of-factually. Why would anyone need any of that ridiculous color in a ridiculous design? Certainly not anyone in the North. Honestly, the girl should have gone to the East if she wanted to show off her artistic skills. There might even be people who would appreciate that crap over there. Believe me, he had seen how much defacing lower gang people did because they thought they could be the next Van Gogh.

He didn't miss the tooth gap, nor the hair. The sides were obviously not periodically trimmed and the long locks were bleached with something that should not be used on hair. It didn't help the girl had colors streaked colors over it. God, when was the last time he saw such badly cared for hair. Other than that, her clothes were nothing special.

"You're cute."

He snorted. "I know. I get that a lot." There was a reason Kota never went in a room filled with old women. And he was most definitely not half her age. They were actually the same age, which he more or less guessed out.

When she hid, he walked over and tugged on a strand sticking out, his face leaning down and close to her blushing one. "Can I fix this up for you? Because it looks so bad right now it isn't even funny." He wasn't going to take no for an answer either. This was a problem he could not ignore.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaKey Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am

She grew flustered when he tugged at her hair and got in her face, pulling away quickly and resisting the urge to slap him. “Fuck off, I like my hair. Besides, it’s not like I’ve got any money.” She looked back at her tag critically, not seeing what he was. To her, it looked perfect, if incomplete. “And what’s wrong with it anyway? Other than what’s been cleaned off, I get lots of praise in the East District. Even if they don’t know it’s me.” Talking about her work calmed her down a bit, and she started twirling the end of her hair around in her fingers, looking the boy over more curiously. Okay, he probably thought she might be attracted to him. Eh, okay, she’d worry about that later. Instead, she went back to focusing on the building. “Can I finish this? Because it’s almost done and if it really bothers you, I’ll come back and clean it after…a day.” That was probably asking too much of him. He didn’t look like he’d understand.

EllaKey
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Kota took two steps back from the clearly agitated girl. "You say you like your hair..." He trailed off, wondering how in the world she would like he hair in that condition. He was going to be polite and ignore the fact that she told him to fuck off. "What's wrong is that your defacing private property. It's no surprise you get praised by a bunch of people who would do the same things you do." He looked at her toy with her hair. Whether it was out of habit or for another reason didn't really matter. Like he would want this type of person to be attracted to him. He just wanted to fix her goddamn hair.

"Finish it if you want," he said sticking his hands in his pockets and shrugging. He could just play dumb when Caius got back. "In exchange let me take care of your hair. No charge. And I don't have to change the...interesting way you colored it. Just gonna make it looks a little more presentable." While he waited for her answer he backed up more so she could finish her spray paint without getting any on him. In the meantime, he wondered if anymore weird people would swing by.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaKey Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:37 am

“Oh, you mean trim the sides or something?” she asked, looking up at her mostly done tag. She was so sorely tempted to just spray him but gave up, shrugging. “Whatever. It’ll get cleaned up in a couple days anyway. And there’s better stuff to do anyway.” She started putting away her stuff, squeezing the bag to her chest. Hidden inside was her sketchbook, filled with more elaborate ideas that would probably never see the light of day despite her dreams. “Can you fix my hair now? Or are you going to keep being an asshole and critique something you probably know nothing about.” He was becoming less cute by the minute, though again, free haircut. And it was just hair. It’d grow back eventually.
Honestly though, the whole critique of her ‘art’ actually hurt. It made her want to throw her templates away, though for now they were all she had. And of course, said dreams of becoming the best artist in the Substratum. As if that could happen anyway, what with her being a harbringer.

EllaKey
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:00 am

He shrugged, figuring he had been relatively nice in his critiques. "Now's good." Pushing off the wall, he opened the back door, breifly glancing back to check if the girl was following. Like he gave a damn about her drawings. Though in a way, she was just trying to pursue her dream in art as he was in being a beautician. It was a dream, yes, but Kota was confident he could make his own happen. Being a Harbinger didn't restrict that much, especially if this was the kind of art she was into.

"Take a seat over there," he said, gesturing to the seat in front of the sink. The blonde opened the cupboards for a some towels. When he got those, he put one around the girl's shoulders and the other next to the sink. "You should take off your glasses." He ran the water until it was a good temperature before nudging the girl to lie down. He went through the rinse, shampoo, rinse, condition, and rinse once more process, gently working each formula into her hair. Hopefully that would soften it some. "What's your name anyway?" He squished the water from the strands and wrapped it with a towel while lifting her back up.

"Move over to a seat. It doesn't matter which." He dried his hands and grabbed a stool to bring over to the seat she chose.
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaKey Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Marjorie followed the boy a little timidly, tensing as she entered the shop. It was clean, nice, pretty high class for someone from who had run away from a little shop in West District. Well, a home owned by a family that ran said little store and whose home was the upper two stories of the building. She clung to her sketchbook as he directed her to the sinks, leaning back slowly. She held her glasses tightly, at least until he started washing her hair. Then she relaxed. It felt so nice, between the warm water and his fingers rubbing her scalp. Very calming.
“My name? Marjorie. What’s yours?” She stood, sketchbook and glasses in one hand, holding the towel up with her other. She squinted a bit, choosing a chair right in the middle, swinging her legs a bit. Maybe this guy wasn’t so bad. He was giving her a haircut. Which reminded her. “What exactly are you planning to do with my hair? I can’t imagine much can be done with it.” She watched him with the stool, still swinging.

EllaKey
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down