THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conscious Dream || [Haze/Lumine/August] (Solstice Watch)

3 posters

Go down

Conscious Dream || [Haze/Lumine/August] (Solstice Watch) Empty Conscious Dream || [Haze/Lumine/August] (Solstice Watch)

Post by Lumine Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Although she had been in Solstice for well over a week, and had visited their so called headquarters several times before tonight, Lumine was involved only in an extremely limited fashion...going only so far as to acquainting herself with the dynamics of the organization. As previously thought, Solstice, even from the inside could be considered people that were fond of domestic terrorism. That said, the reasoning was vastly different from what the media would ever portray them as. Did they kill occasionally? Sure. However, this was the southern district. Police didn't come here. Solstice was the protection for many of the localities here, and despite everything the others said, Solstice was dedicated to protecting the interests of the people.

At least, that's what Lumine saw so far.

Public transportation was quiet at this hour; Lumine took advantage of the situation by bringing supplies for her five hour outing. Her weapon set, warm coat, boots, and other various assorted items. Being up so early, or late depending on your perception, she thought to bring some extras. Firesteel, some tinder, hot plate and percolator for the coffee. It was her first watch, and she would not fall asleep by any means. It was 11:50pm when she arrived at the parking garage. The place was barren, and Lumine, dressed in her coat, was well out of her place standing alone in the area. Sighing slightly and seeing no sign of anyone around, the girl walked once around the building, and satisfied there wasn't anything watching, walked inside, and immediately made for the roof.

There was a slight breeze, but no rain. Setting her gear down, Lumine walked the roof, fetching several chunks of broken concrete, rocks, and other material. She set the items in a circle, added tinder to the center and walked back down, having completely forgotten to get sticks or other things to burn.

Haze was supposed to show soon. Maybe she could help out a little before they started their watch.

((Dry start as always. Eff.))

Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Conscious Dream || [Haze/Lumine/August] (Solstice Watch) Empty Re: Conscious Dream || [Haze/Lumine/August] (Solstice Watch)

Post by Ceara Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Ceara yawned and covered her mouth with her free hand, the other one clutching a large coffee tightly. Normally being up at this hour would be no problem for her, but her nap a few hours ago was cut short by the couple that lived above her apartment, who had decided to have a very loud argument, complete with thrown dishware, followed by a very, very, loud ‘make up’ session. But she needed to keep awake, which was what the coffee was for. She did not want to be caught sleeping and forced to run, especially after her first task as a Solstice member.

Solstice, for the most part, was pretty underwhelming. The media had made out Solstice to be a group of ruthless, violent people, but Ceara’s few visits to the HQ proved that, at least at the lower ranks, there were many people who didn’t quite know what they were doing and were just there for the same reason she was; protection.

A small gust of wind blew through the mostly empty street she was walking on. Ceara shivered, pulling the zipper of her hoodie closer to her neck, and adjusted the strap of her bag to a more comfortable position. The small bag didn’t hold much, just some individually wrapped sandwiches, a bottle of water, and a flashlight, along with her hammer, the handle poking out of the top and smacking her shoulder with every step she took. Probably not the best way to carry around a 10 pound hammer, but she preferred to keep at least one hand free.

Noticing the parking garage a block or so away, she quickened her pace. A small dark figured moved out of the entrance, and Ceara recognized the form of Aelio. To be honest, she was happy to be working with the hammer wielder; though they had only done that one mission together, she was actually someone that Ceara could tolerate. Walking into hearing distance, she called out to the other girl, who was bent over, picking stuff off the ground. “Hey, Aelio.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Conscious Dream || [Haze/Lumine/August] (Solstice Watch) Empty Re: Conscious Dream || [Haze/Lumine/August] (Solstice Watch)

Post by Lumine Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Haze was right on time. Not that it mattered much. As long as someone was doing the watch at least. Solstice had picked one hell of a base of operations. Quiet, relatively out of the way. Not much in the way of comfort, but there was a reason only two people was needed to watch. If you were looking from the roof, it was pretty easy to spot just about anyone that was approaching normally and send them on their merry way, unless of course they were attempting to be sneaky. Either way, the situation was an attacker's nightmare: exposed, they'd have no choice but to make some noise on their way in.

Lumine nodded once to Haze, looked down, and picked up a few twigs. Not much, but it was a start.

"Hey Haze, help me find some wood? I brought fresh coffee if I can get a fire going."

There was no way she was going to walk around watching people for five hours without what could have been described as "the greatest organic substance ever devised." There was also the looming punishment of an extensive run regimen should either of them fall asleep. While Lumine wasn't against the idea in and of itself, the failure to simply watch for 5 hours was rather embarrassing, and running the inside of the parking garage up and down would only exhaust her even more. She had class. And like hell she was going to miss it before exams.

"As lazy as it sounds, I'm not keen on doing more work than necessary. They didn't tell us HOW the watch was to be conducted right?"

As far as Lumine recalled, they hadn't...she smiled at the notion. Although she had no intention of being lazy, there was something to be said for efficiency. Work smart, not hard right? With a small bundle of branches and what not, Lumine started the trek back up through the parking garage, not particularly interested in if Haze had gotten anything as well. Although what she had gathered would be enough for coffee, it would only last a couple hours. Reaching the roof, her gear and the debris she had set in a circle, Lumi added the fuel and tinder, took out her firesteel, and struck once, starting a tiny flame. She added a light kinetic field, and the fire suddenly grew exponentially until it encompassed the circle.

Perfect for starting a pot of coffee before their long watch.

Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Ceara’s sleepy daze disappeared at the words ‘fresh coffee’. Dear god this girl’s a lifesaver. Chugging the rest of her now-lukewarm drink, she dropped the empty cup into her bag. She followed the other girl’s example, gathering small branches and other flammable items.

"As lazy as it sounds, I'm not keen on doing more work than necessary. They didn't tell us HOW the watch was to be conducted right?"

She laughed slightly at Aelio’s words. No arguments from her. And if they did get in trouble, Script could shove it. Not their fault they had unclear instructions. Having gathered a sizable amount of branches, Ceara followed her partner up through the garage. She dropped her stack of branches unceremoniously next to the makeshift campfire as Aelio started up the flames, lighting up the night with a small but steady glow.

Turning her back to the warmth of the fire, Ceara walked to the edge of the roof, looking over the cityscape. Aelio was smart, choosing the roof over actually walking around the building; from this vantage point, they could see everything, without moving an inch. She pulled out the sandwiches from her bag and, taking one out for herself, placed the smaller plastic bag close to the fire.

“Help yourself. And I give you permission to slap me awake,” She smirked slightly at this. The job was already boring as hell, she was going to have some trouble keeping her eyes open. “I’m so fucking tired, I’m doubting that coffee would do much.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by August Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 pm

August held up a hand to his eyes, an utterly unnecessary motion considering that it was pitch-black outside. It had taken him this long to even get here--between putting the kids to bed, making sure they stayed in bed, and waiting for the Father to fall asleep so that he could sneak out himself, it was a little past midnight.

Eh well. Better late than never.

There was a bit of a light on top of the parking garage that was officially unoccupied and unofficially populated by the notorious South District gang that went by Solstice--the biggest fish in the pond, it also afforded the most protection as long as you were a useful member... The man made a thoughtful noise to himself, then scuffed a foot against the street he was standing on, just in case, and crossed the street into visual range, unslinging his backpack from his shoulders as he moved, withdrawing a spherical object from it the size of his fist, and casually tossing it from hand to hand as he walked, eyes flicking between the light on top of the garage and the shadowy depths of the entrance, the amused smile on his face stretching into something a bit more conniving as he moved.
August
August
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Oh look. Sandwiches.

The two had practically read each others minds as far their snacks went. Lumine would take Haze up on her offer soon, but not right yet. Eating while drinking coffee tended to diminish the effects of caffeine. If they were going to survive through the night, they would probably need every last drop, especially if something actually happened. Chances unlikely of course. The percolator bubbled happily as Lumi's spirits somewhat rised from the thoughts of a hot drink. One would think that Solstice would have enough to get at least some heating lamps, but then again, during the day...people actually used this place.

It was rather inconvenient actually.

"Here, this should work at least a little. Drink it slowly. It's got a kick."

Not to mention it was still blistering hot from the fire. Taking the percolator from the hot plate, she poured the substance into two cans not unlike military canteens of sorts. The coffee would stay hot, and warm their hands a bit at the same time. There was a little sugar on hand, but no creamer. Not like diluting the coffee would be any help to them anyways. Lumine joined Haze at the edge of the roof and looked out. Closing her eyes, she took a sip.

"I hope I won't HAVE to slap you. But I'll happily do it--"

Lumine was cut off as she opened her eyes. There was someone down off in the distance. Not cause for alarm just yet, but enough so that Lumi put down her coffee on the ground and squinted just a little. Taking out her phone, she turned on the camera, and zoomed in on the figure. Definitely someone with a backpack holding...something at least.

"We have company. Maybe. That was quick."
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Ceara grinned and accepted the canteen, both hands wrapping around it when she realized the metal was warm. Closing her eyes, she took a sip, savoring the bitter taste. Aelio was right, it did have a kick, but that was the way she liked it.

"I hope I won't HAVE to slap you. But I'll happily do it--"

Ceara’s eyes opened when the other girl cut off her sentence. Following her line of vision, she noticed what the other girl was looking at. A tall figure, obviously carrying a backpack along with some sort of thing, was barely visible in the darkness, but he (definitely wasn’t a woman, that much she could tell) was obviously watching and making his way over to the garage. "We have company. Maybe. That was quick."

Sighing, Ceara set down the coffee and her half eaten sandwich, before pulling her hammer out from her bag. Boring as just watching a building was, she preferred it over actually confronting someone, especially in her state of exhaustion. “I’m hoping it’s nothing, but it couldn’t help to check.” Settling her hammer on her shoulder, Ceara sprinted down the stairs, thinking the ramps would take too long. Stopping by the entrance, she leaned on the side, watching the figure approach.

Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by August Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:48 am

Ohohoho! So there was life in addition to the movement--August had hoped there would be someone here that he could talk to. Then again, he hadn't expected Solstice base to be so quiet... usually there'd be someone around, right? Gang members hanging around, waiting on jobs or something. Maybe more than just two sentries.

He shrugged to himself. Whatever. Easier on him then. Maybe everyone else was out on a big raid or something.

The man watched one figure disappear from the roof, evidently heading for the stairs because a corresponding amount of time later, a figure appeared at the main entrance to the darkened parking garage; August eyeballed the person's size and stature, concluded it was female, and then, at the next toss of the sphere in his hands, lengthened it mid-throw into a hefty pole, the poly-carbonate and glass obediently stretching out into the shape of a quarterstaff, which August caught in one hand, spinning it down and setting one end on the ground as he slowed to a stop, attention divided between the figure above and the figure below.

"Hey! I found the right place? I wanted to talk to someone about joining up with Solstice~"
August
August
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:17 pm

“I’m hoping it’s nothing, but it couldn’t help to check.”

"Be careful."

Lumine watched as Haze ran down to check on their visitor. Lumi herself had good reason to follow, but didn't, choosing not to leave their post completely unattended. Much like Haze, watching a building was boring, but doing actual work was most definitely worse. She had saved work for her normal waking hours, and these were certainly well out of waking hours. There was no indication yet that the person coming down the sidewalk so to speak was even going to do anything. Maybe they were just out on a late night stroll...but Haze was right; better safe than sorry. Not that she feared the man, but pissing off Script early was stupid in any sense of the word.

Lumi placed herself looking down at the two who were about to meet, making sure to watch for anyone that dared get close. However, nobody else was so far to be seen. Despite her misgivings that starting something was a bad idea, by this time, the staff that had formed out of nowhere indicated that their stroller was a harbinger. There was a one in five hundred chance that any particular person walking on a road would be a harbinger.

This situation probably wasn't a coincidence.

Lumine retrieved her hammer, and looked down, waiting for the first sign of a disturbance.
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:57 pm

The ball of…stuff suddenly shifting into a staff definitely was a cause for alarm. This man was a harbinger, and he obviously didn’t just stumble upon the parking garage. Ceara’s grip on the handle of her hammer tightened, eyeing the rod. Fuck, she really didn’t want to deal with this on her first mission.

"Hey! I found the right place? I wanted to talk to someone about joining up with Solstice~"

…She could almost hear the tilde at the end of his sentence. Was he serious? Who the hell walks to the headquarters of a gang at the middle of the night, expecting to be recruited, honestly? It wasn’t like anyone important was here; as much as she hated to admit it, to Script and Solstice as a whole, she and Aelio were expendable, nothing more than grunts. Sighing, she pushed off the wall, slowly walking to the figure, who had stopped a small distance away from the entrance.

Finally able to make out a face, Ceara vaguely recalled seeing this man before, at that doctor’s -Trevor’s- clinic. But that didn’t even count as a meeting, really. She knew nothing about this man. “Did you seriously come all the way here, in the dead of night, just to ask for membership? You know, there actually might be people here, during the day.” She spoke louder than she normally would, hoping that her voice carried over to her partner.

Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by August Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:37 am

As the girl moved forward, the figure overhead disappearing from the edge of the roof, August turned all his attention to her--and then blinked in surprise as her features registered as familiar. Now where.... ah, right, at Trevor's clinic. She was the one that had kissed him. Huh. Who woulda thought that he'd run into her again so soon. And in such a situation.

"Maybe, maybe not. You know the rules: we're not allowed to do anything unless night falls. There's no reason for people to be around in such a incriminating place when it's day out." He shrugged casually. "And yeah, I did come out all the way here just to ask for membership--I figured if people were here, I'd just make enough of a ruckus until someone noticed me~" He smiled at the girl, though this one was a little more bittersweet, finally his age, the weight of thirty-odd years and then some burdening the expression. "It's kinda important to me to get in, so. I'd be much obliged if someone could help me."
August
August
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Advantage of an out of the way area at night with very few people or things around? Sound traveled a significant distance before tapering off. Despite being at least two to three floors up, Lumine could hear the pair below quite clearly. To be perfectly fair however, Lumine wished Haze hadn't confirmed that the pair guarding the structure was actually Solstice. If he could have been convinced that they were just on hard times then maybe he would have just gone, and his interest dissuaded.

Unfortunately, that was not going to be the case. Lumi couldn't blame her partner. This man's approach was confident. He probably already knew what the building was for during the night. She called out from above, calmly. He had made no move, and so far, the man could still be turned away quite easily given the proper wording.

"It's a parking garage. Hardly an incriminating place during the day unless you want to steal a car. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't start a ruckus either. What makes it so important that you get in anyways?"

A legitimate question, although to be fair, not particularly important. Solstice's nature meant that the structure was secure even if there were no sentries. People could come and go so easily that it would be dangerous to keep information on hand. The man had no leverage over the pair whatsoever. If he wanted in, he was going to have to have one hell of a reason.
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

“I did come out all the way here just to ask for membership--I figured if people were here, I'd just make enough of a ruckus until someone noticed me~" The man smiled at her then, but it wasn’t the cheery grin that was usually on his face. "It's kinda important to me to get in, so. I'd be much obliged if someone could help me."

He looked old and weary at that moment, and she briefly wondered what was so important that could make a man look that way. She opened her mouth to speak, but her partner from up above called out, interrupting her.

"It's a parking garage. Hardly an incriminating place during the day unless you want to steal a car. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't start a ruckus either. What makes it so important that you get in anyways?"

It was like Aelio could read her mind. Ceara set the head of her hammer down, and leaned on the handle. She simply watched the stranger in front of her, curious for his answer. Body language and the way he held the staff told her he wasn’t going to attack anytime soon, but that could change at any moment.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by August Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:14 pm

August took a deep breath, crossing his arms over his chest, one hand still holding the bulletproof staff he'd created from the sphere of bulletproof glass he'd kept in his backpack, rolled his head from side to side as though in thought, and then replied with, "That's a ~*~ secret ~*~."

Cue the facepalms, especially at the guileless grin on the man's face to match the near-visible auditory sparkles--but August sobered up after a second and added, "But honestly, it's a personal reason. I'm surprised no-one has ganked either of you yet if you go around asking stuff like that all the time. A lot of people in this business don't take kindly to questions like that." He shrugged. "Reasons don't really matter. The important thing is, will you help me, or will I have to beat both of you up midboss-style to convince you~?" He didn't change his posture at all, but a certain... weight settled on his shoulders, seemingly stabilizing the man to the extent that he appeared anchored in the earth, bright eyes watching the girl before him and ears metaphorically perked for her partner's location.
August
August
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:55 am

It was now confirmed. The man speaking before them was officially "That Guy." The type that just had to play games no matter what the circumstances of their involvement. Lumine sighed and rested her head against the concrete of her floor. This whole situation was brewing into a fight that she'd rather not be involved in. Unfortunately, it didn't appear the man had the same kind of sense. A shame really.

"But honestly, it's a personal reason. I'm surprised no-one has ganked either of you yet if you go around asking stuff like that all the time. A lot of people in this business don't take kindly to questions like that."

"Ever think there might be a reason we can ask those questions without getting ganked so to speak?"

Surprisingly, there was some truth to her argument. Quite a bit in fact. Haze and Lumi were quite a capable team, and unless this harbinger had something more significant than item manipulation up his sleeve, things likely wouldn't end well for him.

"If getting into Solstice is so important to you, I seriously doubt that attacking us will get you any closer towards your goal. In fact, I'm willing to bet things would actually get more difficult. Isn't it far simpler to answer our questions?"

Lumine and Haze were expendable. No doubt about that. But when someone attacked even expendable members of a group, the group as a whole usually turns hostile towards the offending individual. Honestly, they were at a standoff. Although Lumi had her weapons in hand, she still had no intention of using them. Unless this intruder had a better reason for being around, then pest removal was the only option.

Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Ceara cocked her head, opting for her partner to do the talking while she studied the man as he shifted slightly into a more attack ready stance. Despite his cheerful manner, the man knew what he was doing. She really didn’t have much experience with quarterstaff users, but if he attacked, she knew that she was going to end up with a lot of bruises, even if she was very careful.

The girl frowned. Alone, she was at a disadvantage. He had height, range, speed, and probably experience over her; she probably had more power with her hammer, but that be much help if he forced her on the defensive. Also, she didn’t know what the staff was made of - if he could shift the ball into a stick, he would be able to change it into something else, throw her off guard. But that was why she had a partner.

"If getting into Solstice is so important to you, I seriously doubt that attacking us will get you any closer towards your goal. In fact, I'm willing to bet things would actually get more difficult. Isn't it far simpler to answer our questions?"

The other girl was right, Solstice would not be happy if the man attacked them. But if he did defeat the both of them, what reason did the gang have to keep them around, if they could just replace them with a man that bested both of their efforts combined? Ceara shifted, picking up her hammer and keeping a loose grip on it. If the man was going to attack, she wanted to be ready for it.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by August Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 am

"And what if I feel like the hard way is easier than telling the truth~?" The smile lingered on his face, oddly-incongruous with the weight of his words, the expression soft and bittersweet around the edges, emotions for a moment shining through. It flickered away at the end of the trailing statement, gone before it really even came into being, August shrugging his shoulders as though adjusting a weight, not moving from his ready posture but twirling the quarterstaff once in a lazy, casual circle as thought weighing, considering, taking down shields, or gently halving the truth.

"I want protection. Solstice is the best in the area, the easiest. I'm useful." He doesn't say anything else, leaves it at that, but his lips and eyebrows quirk in a laughing expression, nearly words themselves, almost indulgent, eyes fastened on the two women across from him. "Isn't that enough? I'm sure you two take patrol very seriously, but you're hardly gatekeepers... and what if I'm just a.... distraction?"
August
August
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 pm

"Then you're an idiot, and probably not sincere about your intentions to actually join."

That grin on the man's face already gave Lumine the creeps. He was probably holding something significant back, but whether it was relevant to the situation or not was still to be seen. Honestly, it just felt like they were having a conversation with a drunk loon, but until he decided to attack, there wasn't much either of them could do. That is unless Haze had more of a hot head than Lumi did. That scenario was rather unlikely. However, eventually, their little conversation DID lead somewhere. About time. Lumine shifted her weight a little, and leaned on the other arm while looking over.

"Was that really so hard to mention?"

His next words put Lumi slightly on edge, although they had taken measures just to prevent that happening. Why he would be distracting anything however, was silly.

"Yes, that's actually enough. And if you're just a distraction, you're spending a significant amount of effort on something that doesn't matter. Anyways. We can't do anything, however I'd be happy to mention you came by...if my partner agrees."

Because you know. Two prospects and a parking garage was some real tactical value right there.

Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:17 pm

"I want protection. Solstice is the best in the area, the easiest. I'm useful. Isn't that enough? I'm sure you two take patrol very seriously, but you're hardly gatekeepers... and what if I'm just a.... distraction?"

The edge flickered. A miniscule amount, yes, but it still meant he was lying. The man was accustomed to putting on an act and was good at it, but he was sincere about being recruited.

"Yes, that's actually enough. And if you're just a distraction, you're spending a significant amount of effort on something that doesn't matter. Anyways. We can't do anything, however I'd be happy to mention you came by...if my partner agrees."

Ceara blinked. Well, the man seemed to know what he was doing and what he wanted, so who was she to stop him? “Mhm, I’m fine with it. What would we call you, and what’s your power? If you don’t mind me asking. We’re not going to waste the higher up’s time with nothing better than ‘A man with a stick showed up and wanted to join’. They’ll contact you later and see if you really are useful, but for now we really can't do anything.” Now if only the man was satisfied with that...
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by August Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:34 am

August smiled at the assent from the two ladies, a flicker of relief showing on his face (he'd been a tad nervous that they'd push, but luckily all seemed well); straightening out of the fighting pose, twirling the bulletproof quarterstaff in one hand, the pseudo-weapon reforming back into its sphere between one circle and the next, the man dipped a bow at the two fighters, one arm held out to the side.

"I'm know as Clockwork. As for my power, I've heard it categorized as object manipulation." He demonstrated with a toss of the heavy sphere in his hand straight upwards into the air, the object disappearing at the height of its travel, returning to its place in his backpack. A flick of his hands 'See, nothing there!' to demonstrate their empty nature, then a smile to finish the show. "I do appreciate your cooperation--with any luck, we'll be meeting each other again in the future~" He dropped out of the displaying pose, settling into a more natural one.

"And since it is getting late, and I believe that you two still have a job to perform, I shall remove myself from your hair and bid you fair night," One last jaunty smile for the two, a wave of his hand, and August turned on his heels to walk back down the street the way he'd come--with any luck, he'd be able to return to the orphanage before he was missed.
August
August
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumine Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:00 am

"I don't think I'll have a problem remembering that whatsoever."

No joke. Lumine had relaxed slightly and was happy to have defused the situation slightly. Of course they would be making a report to their superiors, but even she couldn't be sure of what was going to happen at this point. To Clockwork, or to herself or Haze. What exactly was the procedure for handling situations like that? Would they find another harbinger a useful addition to the group? The answer was probably yes unfortunately. They had certainly found a strange one.

"Have a good night."

Waiting until he was long out of earshot, Lumine started speaking to her partner once more, happy to be able to get back to her coffee, and hopefully ride out the rest of this little 'mission' without anyone else trying to join Solstice. A creepy magician type with an ability to manipulate various inanimate objects to his whim. Bloody hell.

"Haze, I consider myself relatively intelligent...but what in the world just happened, and what did we get ourselves into?"

To be frank, she didn't know. The protection helped sure. There were a fair few people that would prefer to see harbingers locked away, or worse, killed. Gangs tended to be the exception unless you worked for them. Lumine took a sip of coffee. There were still a lot of questions to be answered.
Lumine
Lumine
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Ceara allowed her muscles to relax when the man’s staff changed back into its former spherical shape and popped out of sight. While she would’ve fought the man if he had decided to go on the offensive, it was still a relief to avoid an unnecessary fight.

"And since it is getting late, and I believe that you two still have a job to perform, I shall remove myself from your hair and bid you fair night."

She lifted her hand to politely wave at Clockwork. “Good night,” she said to his back, watching him for a moment to make sure he really did leave the vicinity before turning around herself and heading back to the entrance.

"Haze, I consider myself relatively intelligent...but what in the world just happened, and what did we get ourselves into?"

The girl looked up at where her partner was standing. She shrugged. “Honestly, I have no idea. Nor am I going to even try to understand it. I’m just going to settle with hoping this doesn’t bite us in the ass later on.” That being said, Ceara climbed the stairs back up to the roof. “Let’s just get this over with,” she said, reaching for the coffee. Hopefully that little encounter would be the only exciting thing that happened that night.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down