THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Leah][Xiana] Eternal Snow [Kota] {{ complete }}

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Leah][Xiana] Eternal Snow [Kota] {{ complete }} - Page 2 Empty Re: [Leah][Xiana] Eternal Snow [Kota] {{ complete }}

Post by Leah Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:43 am

"And we will have fun. So much that you'll wish you could join in on our little world." With that, Kota and Xiana left.

Leah looked down, fists clenching. What Kota had just said was having a pretty big impact. The words were obviously fake (the sugar-coated voice and innocent smile made that apparent) and they were probably aimed more toward Danae than Leah, but that wasn’t the point.

The point was that she did want to join the ‘little world’ Kota spoke of. She honestly did. However, that world, Kota’s world, was so little that it could only fit one other person, and that was Xiana. Maybe Leah had had a chance to get into the world before; one that she’d just been to blind to see. Or maybe… Or maybe his world could never accept someone like me in the first place…

Suddenly, the girl realized that she had spaced out for way too long. Bright smile forced back onto her face once again, Leah turned to Danae. “Anyways, after those two get back from their walk…” And she rambled on about what she had planned for everyone to do next.

About 20 minutes later, Leah heard footsteps approaching the house. She hopped up from the couch and went to open the door, which she unlocked to find a sopping wet Kota and Xiana.

“Gosh, you two and soaked!” Leah exclaimed. “Must be freezing! Hurry up inside! I’ll go get some towels!”

“Woah! You guys are weeeeeet! I’m sure you did have fun.” Leah really didn’t want to hear what Kota had to say in response to Danae’s remark, so she hurried up the stairs and into the bathroom.

“Ummm, towels, towels… I’m pretty sure they’re in this one?” The petite blonde pulled open a cabinet door. Sure enough, there were neatly stacked piles of towels in assorted colors. Leah yanked out two fluffy taupe-colored towels from the top of one stack, and rushed back down the stairs. “Here!” She offered one towel to Xiana and the other to Kota.

Leah
Leah
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

[Leah][Xiana] Eternal Snow [Kota] {{ complete }} - Page 2 Empty Re: [Leah][Xiana] Eternal Snow [Kota] {{ complete }}

Post by Xiana Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:46 pm

The starry eyed girl brushed off Danae's remark and turned towards the other figure that had just appeared once again with two large normal beige colored towels. "Thank you," Xiana chimed as she took the fluffy cloth from Leah's right hand. She draped the soft fabric over her hair to squeeze out the excess water and then ran her fingertips through her slightly damp hair.

“Kota if you don’t dry your hair completely, you’ll get sick.” She commented as she set her towel down on the table. Xiana softly tugged his towel from his hands and slung it over his head. She tiptoed on her feet and using soft slow motions, she proceeded to dry his hair. “All better,” she laughed when he looked up her. His blonde hair was all ruffled and out of place. “You look like you just got out of bed” She said, patting his hair back down.

“Xiana~” Caius’ voice rang, “come sit.” He patted his lap like an old man, but Xiana took Kota’s hand and sat next to Caius instead.

“I think I’m a bit old for that now, Caius.” She smiled apologetically.

“Aw, it’s okay every once in a while.” Watching Kota, Caius scooped Xi off of the seat next to him and placed her on his lap once again.

Xiana
Xiana
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:33 am

Unlike his companion, Kota didn't just brush off his friend's remark even though it was stupid to take that bait yet again. Cooly, he said, "Yeah, we did have fun. Granted, it'd probably have been better if we had some thicker clothes, but it was pretty warm just with her." Maybe more because of the blushing and shit he had been doing but that wasn't any information he was planning to disclose. The blonde instead began to dry his hair with the surprisingly not obnoxiously colored towel, scrubbing it lightly just to get the excess droplets out. That probably wasn't the best thing to do for his hair but he didn't really care since it was just once in a while.

Pulling the towel halfway off his head, he opened his mouth to announce that he was going to borrow the blow dryer until Xiana fluff dried it for him. "Ahh, dammit." He turned his back to the girl and ran his hands through his blonde strands to straighten it out, which thankfully was easy to tame. Then, he whirled back and grabbed Xi's towel. "Don't touch my hair. We should be drying yours rather than mine. I won't get sick so easily." But then her idiot brother called her over and he was forced to sit over, towel still in hand.

Kota stubbornly did not let go of the darker haired girl's hand when she was pulled onto his boss' lap. Caius proceeded in plucking the towel from the blondes fingers and began to dry her hair in his gentle, professional fashion. "Now, now, Xiana, don't go thinking that this boy shouldn't get sick and you should. Your much more delicate than his hard head. Idiots don't catch colds you know."

"Get real." If that was the case then why hadn't Kota ever see the older man with so much as a sore throat? Danae and Leah too for that matter. Although he couldn't say he got sick often with the flu or something else. Great, they were all idiots except for Xi.

He huffed, leaving Caius to his stupid hair drying and turning to the host. "So, what do you have in store for us today? Because if all you got was pissing the shit out of me, then that's done and over with. And I swear to God, if anymore fucking snow, real or not, get's thrown my way you are all dust."
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Leah Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 am

Leah chuckled at Kota's currently unruly hair, but she could just see the romance floating between him and Xiana. If this were one of those Shoujo manga, Leah thought as the 'lovebirds' talked, There would be all of those sparkles and hexagon things floating in the air right about now.

And, when Caius began acting all fatherly towards Xiana, Leah could tell that Kota was totally jealous. Seeing Kota being jealous over Xiana made Leah feel jealous again, followed by a pang of guilt. If she was so envious all the time, what was wrong with Kota being jealous this once? Honestly, what is my problem?

"Well, Kota, I guess that means you're an idiot too. Welcome to our world," Leah heard Danae say. Leah assumed that that probably had come from something Caius had said. She wasn't completely sure, though, because she hadn't been paying attention to the conversation.

"So, what do you have in store for us today? Because if all you got was pissing the shit out of me, then that's done and over with. And I swear to God, if anymore fucking snow, real or not, get's thrown my way you are all dust."

"Yeah, yeah." Leah waved off Kota's threat. "Okay, so we were supposed to play King now. Buuut, since you and Xiana still look pretty cold, is anyone up for some hot chocolate?"
Leah
Leah
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiana Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:17 am

King? What's that, Xiana thought, with a slight tilt of her head. Hopefully, it didn't look so obvious that she didn't know the game. I mean, the girl never even had friends before this, any games that were usually played by a group were completely new to her.

"How about you guys start and I'll make the hot chocolate?" She spoke, asking Leah and the quickly added, "I mean, that's if it's okay with you, since it is your kitchen and all. I don't want to make a mess or anything. Unless, you make your hot chocolate a certain way- I mean.... I'm sorry." She apologized, her head spinning from all the words that came out of her mouth. Even she felt confused at what she was saying.

A rosy color appeared on Xiana's face as she blushed from embarrassment. "I'm sorry," she repeated and then ended with a murmurered, "don't pay attention to me."

The black haired girl only wanted to watch their first round of the game, so she could learn from watching. It made her feel as if she was holding them back if she asked them how to play, but her whole plan had failed. Instead she just smiled and hope that she would be able to get it.
Xiana
Xiana
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Admittedly the blonde's hands were still pretty frozen and there was still a slight chilled feeling left from the snow, but other than that he was. The house had the heater on so he'd be fine soon. He was just rubbing his hands together to regain some feeling when Leah suggested their next activity. "The king game? Really?" There wasn't a problem with the game other than the fact that it could get somewhat out of hand. "No cocoa for me," he said to Xi, who had volunteered to do the job. "I don't like sweet stuff. Some hot water would be fine."

Caius got up from the couch and led Xiana to the kitchen, insisting that she'd burn herself if he didn't help. Sometimes his boss' sister complex disgusted him, on top of his gay mannerisms. "So do you have any sticks?" He waited for Leah to finish talking and then trot upstairs for materials.

The room was suddenly just him and Danae, the faint sound of boiling water came from the kitchen and rummaging noises were upstairs. The blue-haired male walked over and looped an arm around his neck. "Whattaya think yer doin bringing yer girlfriend over and then doing all that shit?" The teasing demeanor he had earlier was replaced by a more serious one. "I mean, I'm happy for ya, man, really. But you're being a self serving bastard and you don't pretend ya don't notice how that's affecting Leah."

A lecture? "Your point?" Yeah, he wasn't blind. He say little signs from Leah but he didn't need to see those to know she was hurt. Oh, that did make him a dick huh? "If your saying I should leave now, that wouldn't bode very well either considering I'm here already." He'd come for Leah, because they were friends. And he didn't hate spending time with the few friends he had despite how aggravating they could be at times. Xiana never had any real friends to his knowledge so he brought her over to make some. The rest...well, it was just him being him. Kota wasn't going to change the way he acted for anyone. That rang true for Danae and Leah as well. That's probably why they could be friends for so long.

"That would be bad. I'm just saying. It pains me to see Leah getting hurt and jealous over a good for nothing like you."

"Think you're better than me, Candice?" He earned himself a pinch on the cheek for that.

Footsteps began to pad back down the stairs at that point, and Danae released his hold on the blonde, whispering one last thing, "When you break her heart tonight, don't come crying to me about it later." The latter wasn't going to happen in a million years.

Last edited by Kota on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Leah Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Leah watched Xiana speak, blinking as she talked like Leah was going to murder her for volunteering to make the hot chocolate. Leah chuckled a bit when the black-haired girl finished rambling,. “You don’t have to apologize,” she answered with a grin. “It’s totally fine with me. Just be careful ‘cause I’ll feel really bad if you get hurt, ‘kay? All of the ingredients and stuff are already on the counter. Oh, and don’t worry about the cleanup. I can do that later.” Caius and Xiana went off to the kitchen, and Kota asked about the sticks.

“Yup! Of course I do. And it’s kinda weird how when I bought some sticks yesterday, the saleslady was all telling me about the King game. I already knew how to play, but the lady was in a really good mood so I just went along with it. She talked for a pretty long time too. Unfortunately, her coworker wasn’t very happy that I was talking with her since there were so many customers waiting and sorta chased me out. Ahaha. Anyways, I’ll go and get the sticks.” Finally, the girl trotted up the stairs.

“O-kay… The sticks, the sticks…” Leah glanced around her room. She’d been so busy with the rest of the house that she hadn’t had a chance to clean up in here. The place looked like it had been ransacked. There was artificial snow everywhere from testing the snow bombs. A bunch of shopping bags were scattered on the bed and floor, accompanied by empty cardboard boxes.

“Oh! Here we go! And good, I already wrote on them. The blonde grabbed the sticks and strolled down the staircase to see Danae and Kota talking. “Back!~ Whatcha guys talking about?”

Leah
Leah
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiana Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Even though it was Xiana who volunteered to make the cocoa, it was Caius who ended up doing all the work. He wouldn't let her touch the stove or even hand him the kettle. While Caius boiled the water, Xiana found Christmas theme cups in the cabinets instead. She lined them up one at a time across the counter as Caius had her move aside so he could pour the hot water in safely.

"I'm not a child anymore, Caius." She finally mustered the courage to say.

"But I wasn't there when you were growing up. I couldn't protect you then. So I'll do all I can to protect you now." He replied with a serious tone and then a sad smile spread across his face. "If I could have been there with you that time...." she heard him whisper. Xiana turned around so she wouldn't cry. There shouldn't be a reason to cry on Christmas. She wiped her tear filled eyes and went to get the whip cream, cinnamon sticks, and chocolate flakes while Caius mixed the cocoa.

"I hope you left one as just water for Kota." Xi set down the rest of the ingredients on next to the cups. "Let the decorating begin."

"I bet mine will come out better than yours." Her brother had a mischievous smile spread across his face like a child. The girl eyed him suspiciously.

"Is-is that a challenge?" Stars glistened from excitement.

"You bet." He winked as he took one of the whip cream bottled. "READY-SET-GO!" Her brother exclaimed in one breath before filling 3 of the 4 cocoa cups with whip cream that already looked messy. Xiana took the last cup, a reindeer one, and swirled a moderate amount of cream on top with ease. She hummed again to herself. It always helped her concentration when she did.

Popping two cinnamon sticks in the foam mix, she wiped her hands on a kitchen towel and reached in the cabinet once again for the secret ingredients she saw earlier. Xiana pulled out a bag of fluffy marshmallows and a bottle of cinnamon which she added to her cup. Lastly, she topped it all with chocolate flakes. Xi took a step back to admire her handiwork, nodded to herself, and placed the ingredients backed where she found them.

"That's not fair." Xi giggled when she saw his masterpieces which was a mess of whip cream, chocolate, and cinnamon floating in a cup.

"This one is for Leah." Xi gave Caius the cup which he placed on a tray along with the others to take back to the living room. Caius indicated for her to go first and she did.

"We made the cocoa."

Spoiler:
Xiana
Xiana
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:43 am

Kota heard a bunch of noises coming from the kitchen. Mostly Caius and his stupid whatevers but he also heard Xiana's soft voice and laugh. How wonderful that they were getting along so well, her and Caius. They probably made what people called stupid siblings with a completely sis-con brother doting on a ridiculously adorable sister. No, he wasn't jealous at all what are you talking about even. Just a bit irked that the boss he respected so much was such a gushy, gay older brother. Okay, he was always gay, but gushy towards Xiana. It was more disturbing than anything and he still wasn't passed the stage where watching them gave him chills, and not the good kind either.

"We weren't talking about anything," he said when everyone returned to the living room at the same time. Leah holding sticks and Caius holding a tray of holiday cups steaming and filled with hot cocoa and a mess of whipped cream and toppings. Oh my fucking god. The blonde's eye twitched at the sight, then noticed a neatly arranged drink in the center. That must have been Xi's. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't let flamboyant bosses who were only good at cutting hair into the kitchen to make store-quality cocoa. Yup.

"That nice one for me, cutie?" Danae asked, playfulness dripping from his tone as he walked up to the dark haired petite. And, Christ, he was like turning up his manliness or something because the way he said it was very unladylike. Xiana didn't exactly know that Danae was a guy, though it wasn't like the man kept the fact a secret. For as long as Kota knew him, he had liked dressing in girl clothing and using makeup and the like, and no lie he looks stunning. But it was more of a hobby for Danae Candice than wanting to take hormones or have a sex change. Modeling and cross-dressing to him was like haircutting to Kota. He knew he was good looking and wasnt afraid to flaunt it. That aspect was very similar to Kota, and in a way, that's how they became such good friends no matter how much one infuriated the other.

"I bet you put toppings in my hot water you didn't you, moron?" He disregarded Danae's sudden masculine attitude towards Xi. Danae wouldn't make any advances towards her. He's just a flirt. He took a cup of cocoa, planning to leave the fucked up hot water for Caius.

"So," he began, turning to Leah, "the game?"
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Leah Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 pm

“Huh? Well, whatever,” Leah said with a shrug. She could have sworn she had heard them talking, but she dismissed the topic. She was about to ask if the two in the kitchen were done when she saw both Xiana and Caius. And the tray of hot chocolate.

Oh god. Those mugs of hot chocolate. No. Just no. (With the exception of the one perfect one that had to have been made by Xiana.) The blonde stared at the tray. Dear lord, what had gone on in that kitchen?! She was snapped out of her shock when Danae randomly began to flirt with Xiana.

“No way, Danae. I’m sure this one is yours,” Leah replied, pointing to the worst-looking cup. It really was awful. The steam had a hard time escaping from the thick layer of whip cream, so it came out in two crippled strands instead of the perfect puffs of steam coming from the good one next to it. It looked like smoke from a fire that had just been put out. The cinnamon was awkwardly floating on the whip cream and looked like it was about to drown into the cream and chocolate abyss any second now. Was this even edible?

Leah turned to Xiana. “Xiana, which one do you want? I’m not sure, but most of these look like they could give you food poisoning. Note to self: Never let Caius into the kitchen,” she added. Leah waited for Xiana to pick one so that she could take the remaining one that wasn’t water.

“Right,” Leah said to Kota. “The game. Okay, so, I’m not sure if everyone knows how to play, so I’ll just explain the rules. Basically, everyone picks one of these five sticks. Four of these sticks will be numbered one through four. One of the sticks will have a ‘K’ on it. Whoever picks that one is the King, and he can tell any number or numbers to do something. And the people who have those numbers have to do what the King says. Aaand, that’s pretty much it. Let’s start guys! Everybody pick a stick!” Leah held out the sticks, making sure that her hand was covering the place where the numbers and the ‘K’ were written. This was going to be fun.

Leah
Leah
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kota Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:13 pm

After the king game full of lulz and trolling,  and a filling dinner of Leah's super "special" dishes that hardly looked edible yet wasn't half bad, the madness continued. Kota, of course, objected to more of the king game, in which he had done many stupid things that nobody shall ever speak of. Ever. Ever. But this was a democracy and the majority wanted to play and the blonde was not allowed to be a "bad sport" and opt out, much to his dismay. 

This next round started off with Danae being the king and 2 (Leah) and 5 (Xiana) gently stroking each other's cheeks. What the fuck...

The subsequent commands were slowly getting out of hand, and eventually nobody seemed to care anymore for Danae and Caius and Leah's stupid requests. Wow, were Xi and him the only sane ones in the room? Then cue the suspicious whispering that Caius and Danae were doing and the suspicious whispering that Caius did to Xiana and that Xiana whispered back. Leah blinked in curiosity and Kota, he just had a bad feeling about that. Not much good came out of Danae's whispering and extremely amused smirk. He had to be the king, again. The sticks must be rigged or something because Candice was king at least 65 percent of the time...

"S~o," his blue haired friend sang with was more mischief than a person would be comfortable with. "Number..." He made a show of thinking about the decision. "Four. And..." Well shit. Kota was four. He looked at Danae warily and received a sly smile in return. "Three. Kiss." 

Bam. 

There it was.

Kota stood slowly, waiting for the other person to stand. He half expected the other person to be Caius just to troll him because it was Danae. Or Xiana, because...well you know. But the one who got up next was Leah. Of all people. You could just imagine the thoughts running through both their heads. And Danae--Danae had this wide eyed look like he had no idea what the fuck he just did. Kota had a creeping feeling that whatever his friend just planned just went terribly wrong.

The two kind of just faced each other in silence while the audience watched. Nobody said a word and the blonde wasn't sure what to say, and if it'd be rude to turn down the king's request since this one was just wrong and cruel on so many levels. he shot a glare at Danae who wasn't wearing that goofy smirk anymore. It was more like an 'oh-shit-my-bad-I-didn't-mean-for-that-to-happen-but-forgive-me?' look. And Kota just shot him one that said to do something. 

"A-ah! I mean. Four kiss the king!" Everyone nearly tripped out at the order. Well, except Xiana since she still did not know Danae was actually a guy. "S-shit I mean--"

Caius cut in, "Hey now, the king can't keep changing his order." He turned to his employee, and grinned like the mother fucking Grinch. "Well?" God, he hated this guy so much right now. Fuck him and his stupid sister complex and sadism that kicked in when it came to torturing his sort-of worker. 

"Well then," Danae stood and took Kota's face between his palms. "Bon appetit ~ ❤ " And he fucking. Kissed. Him. Not quite on the lips but at the corner. To everyone else, however, it looked like what it was supposed to be. Shock overcame the reflex to shove the other away and the blonde just stood there and...took it. Until logic kicked back into his brain and his hands raised to shove away the lips that were curiously inching closer to his lips................

"What the hell, dude?" He swiped an arm repeatedly over his mouth as if he was attempting to kill all the bacteria through friction and the other hand fisted the front of Danae's shirt. "That was nasty as fuck. Don't ever. Do that again." His friend put his palms out in a surrender position, laughing with Caius and Leah. He suspected that Leah was laughing out of relief rather than the sheer glee from Caius. Bright greens caught sight of Xiana's expression, a mix of both surprise and hurt. "Dammit." His grip released. "Asshole," he hissed then turned to face the dark-haired girl. 

Before he had a chance to open his mouth, a hand grabbed him by the back of his shirt and dragged him to a random room upstairs. He could hear Leah's sudden gasp and could guess who was pulling them. With the door shut tightly and the light switch flipped on, he saw that it was Danae, standing with a hand on his hip. The fabric of his shirt was pulled tighter by the motion, exposed his tapered waist that was unlike that of a girl's. He could be a girl, except her had no breasts. Getting off that topic...

"Alright ya'll. My bad."

Kota snapped. "Is that all you have to say? 'My bad'? That was--"

"I know, I know. Didn't foresee Caius being such a dick."

"Yeah cuz of his fucking sister complex..." he mumbled.

The other snorted. "Obviously I underestimated the power of that factor."

Leah shifted next to him, as if she was uncomfortable deciding to speak up. Which wasn't like her at all. "I wouldn't...have minded..." Oh my--

"Did you really just say that? You think I want to kiss you more than Danae??" Shit. "No I mean--" Too late. She was out the room, down the stairs, and out the door judging by the slam that came from the floor below.

Sometimes he just really hated himself.

Padding downstairs, he grabbed his scarf, jacket, and a parcel and stormed out after her. "Leah!" He ran after her shrinking form, all the while throwing his coat on and haphazardly looping the scarf around his bruise. He called out to her again, closing the distance between them fast. He wasn't a slow runner. It made up for his lack of strength.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She blinked at the slim white box, focusing on the bright red ribbon tied to it. Kota spoke as he transferred the parcel to her hands. "Look Leah, I didn't mean it in a bad way, what I said back there. If you don't believe me then whatever but hear me out. What I meant was that I wouldn't want to kiss you more than Danae because both of you are my precious friends. And Danae's a guy. That kiss better have been a no-homo one..."

"Bromance!" Leah blurted, still staring at the parcel. She had calmed down, at least. The tears were still there but they had stopped flowing. That was good. So they just stood kind of awkwardly in the snow, on some sidewalk in front of some random house.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The blonde released the other, mumbling an apology  and watched her open the box. Inside was a hairpin consisting of crossed chopstick-like stakes and accented with beads and feathers in Leah's signature colors. I mean, the colors Kota thought were Leah's colors since the girl's usual garments looked as if a rainbow spilled over them. Now that he thought about it, any color would be fine as long as it was colorful.

"Oh my god, this is so pretty. The feathers are so sooooft and the colors, oh my god, the colors are perfect," she gushed, eyes instantly returning to their usual luster. Kota smiled.

"You better like it for all the work I put into making it."

Her eyes widened, if that was possible, and she threw her arms around his neck. Then she pulled back, hands fiddling with the hairpin, and looked at him with the hugest smile on her face. The two were eye level, which was disappointing as Kota wasn't even taller than her but the same height. "Thank you so much. I love it."

He returned her smile with one of his own before taking the pin from her. "Turn around. I'll put it on for you." Doing as she was told, Kota went to work under the bright moonlight. His fingers combed through her blonde locks, gently pulling apart the tangles. Leah was buzzing right now, he could tell by the sparkling atmosphere around her right now. It made it all the more difficult for him to ask for the favor he had been meaning to ask. And one he really had no right to ask for. 

"Hey. Could you...do something for me? As a favor?"

"Sure!" she said without hesitation, "What is it?" 

You know what people call a conscious? That feeling you get when you know you're going to ask for something you know will hurt the person you're asking and that you know the other person won't refuse even if it pains them. The feeling that you're taking too much advantage of your best friend's kindness and love for you. That person loves you so much that she'd agree even to the request he was about to make. And the worse part is that he knows all of this: how she feels and how she will feel. Those were more or less the emotions going through him right now. But... He bit his bottom lip and opened his mouth to speak, keeping his tone as nonchalant as possible. "I need you to help me with my confession to Xiana."

She visibly tensed at the line and even without looking at her face he knew the tears were back. Separating the portion of hair he was going to clip up, he continued. "You're the only one I can ask to do this." That wasn't fair. He wasn't being fair. And he knew it. But the sad truth was that he was willing to ask anyway because he knows she will forgive him. He was being selfish, as always. That's the kind of person he was. Just a selfish, selfish brat. 

He had just clipped in the pin when she replied,  "Okay," and turned to face him, face with a genuinely teasing smile and not a trace of the tears he thought had formed. "What do you want me to do?"

---

It was a game, just a simple game that she had gladly voted along to play. Xiana bit her bottom lip harder than she intended to and winced at the slight pain. It didn't make things any better when Danae, Kota, and Leah rushed out of the room or when Leah ran out of the house with Kota right behind her.

But it was game.

That was all she kept telling herself. There was no meaning, no hidden secrets, it was just a game. She wasn't going to continue to dwell on something that had already happened. There was no point in that, but there she was. . .dwelling.

"Aw, cutie, are you alright?" Caius said when he noted her slightly shocked and upset expression. He put his arms around her shoulder and kissed her head, pushing her dark hair away from her face.

"I'm fine." She whispered, leaning on his shoulder. "Why wouldn't I be?" She blinked back the slight tears. Xiana would be lying if she said that Leah wasn't adorable and Danae wasn't gorgeous. Not like she would lie about it in the first place. It wasn't in her character to. Xiana gave Caius a reassuring peck on the cheek just as Danae returned to the room.

"You just missed them," Xi said standing up and trying to give him a smile that obviously came out wrong. "I hope they don't stay out too long though. It's getting dark and colder than usual. It would be horrible if they caught a cold."

"We should really wait for them outside, shouldn't we?" Although, it didn't really sound much like a question because Danae had already grabbed their coats and was hurrying them out the door. The three of them stood awkwardly on the porch, Xi slightly shivering from the night air, Caius drapping one side of his coat over his shoulder, and Danae with her hands in her pocket.

It didn't take more than 10 minutes before Kota reappeared. . . . without Leah. The starry eyed girl gave him a smile before running, almost tripping, to him.

I'm a horrible, horrible person, she thought to herself.

---

Leah sat on the tree branch with one hand against the trunk to keep her balance and the other hand clutching the bird cage. Her starry blue eyes were wide open. And she was trembling, definitely trembling.

Leah was just all over the place today. Joyful to jealous, sad to happy and now… She didn’t even know what she was feeling now. Maybe this was the feeling of being totally crushed by your crush. Leah still couldn’t understand herself at all. How long had she known that Kota and Xiana were… That? The blonde had known for a long time.

The girl had no idea what to make of the situation. “Could you...do something for me? As a favor?" The scene played in her head over and over again. She could have said no. She should have said no, but she couldn’t. Kota was the one Leah was in love with. She just couldn’t refuse, even if they didn’t have mutual feelings.

Even with everything that had happened, there was a part of Leah that denied it all. That tiny part of her that clung onto some imaginary hope. She tried to discard of that hope too many times than she could remember, but every time she did so, something or another would happen and all of that hopefulness would come right back. That was exactly what took place a moment ago. Kota said those things and Leah’s hope vanished. Then he gave her the present. All of that hope returned

Leah almost wished that Kota didn’t apologize or give her that hair pin. Maybe then, she wouldn’t be hurting so much right now. Kota should have just let her cry away and show her how much he didn’t give a damn. Except that he actually did, which is what made Leah keep hoping.

The blonde heard the the grass rustle. She peered over the tree to see Kota and Xiana walk out. Oh, no. It’s happening real soon now, she thought. Leah shut her eyes tight, bracing herself for the whistle. When the whistle sounded, it was all over for her.

---

The preparations were finished for the most part. The only thing missing was the guest of honor and she came stumbling into his arms. He caught her as she almost tripped over nothing again, noticing her flushed cheeks and the others standing on the porch. "Jesus, Xi, be careful. Were you guys waiting for us?" he asked, steadying the petite in his arms.

"What do you think, shrimp? We're just shivering in the snow for the bloody hell of it?" Kota ignored his boss' sarcasm, making eye contact with Danae, who smiled and shrugged. He assumed his friend didn't spill anything. That's good, wouldn't want Xiana to worry unnecessarily. Then Danae cleared his throat and shooed his hands, silently mouthing, "Don't keep her waiting." Whether he meant Xiana or Leah wasn't specified but Kota understood he meant the blonde waiting for their arrival in the park. Of course Danae's primary concern would be with Leah's well-being. They'd been friends much longer than he had been with Xi.

"We'll be back!" Kota shouted, taking the girl's hand and breaking into a run. He left Caius to Danae.

Kota was careful that Xiana didn't actually fall the thousand times she slipped or tripped. He was nervous. His heart was pounding (not from the physical exercise). He wasn't sure if he really could go through with this. Ah, but he couldn't leave Leah out like that, after she whole-heartedly agreed to help him. 

"Kota, where are we going?" he heard Xi ask from behind him, slightly winded. 

"I have something to show you! We're almost there!"

Indeed they were. It didn't take long to reach the park that was only about 2 blocks down from the Vega household. The two slowed to a stop, giving the girl a chance to catch her breath. When she recovered, he led her into the forest area, being mindful of the thick roots that could possible trip her up. When they reached a clearing, he turned to her, huge smile on his face. "Close your eyes." From his pocket, Kota extracted a thin whistle that produced dull trill when he blew on it. In response was a metal clang and a flurry of fluttering black figures that could easily be mistaken for bats. 

One chance.

Putting all this concentration into what he wanted to do. Good thing the moon was peeking out enough from the clouds for him to do this. "Open," he whispered. As the girl's eyes fluttered open, her vision was filled with light, beautiful white lights that looked like...butterflies? Wings circled around them, one briefly landing on her shoulder before flying off with the flock. It was like fireflies, but with a different insect and much more breathtaking. As their wings moved, small bits of light sprinkled down as small star flakes...or moon flakes. Her starry eyes widened in wonder and she grinned, laughing and twirling with them. She was a little fairy, practically, with the way she danced in the light. His light. The materialistic light he could offer her. But it wasn't enough. He wanted to give her more.

"Xiana." She turned to him, still smiling brightly. He glanced down. "Always, important things are said by mistake and I have a huge tendency to say stupid things. But," he raised his gaze to meet hers, "This time I will say it properly."He took a few steps so that he was right in front of her. "I love you, Xi." He paused wondering if he should continue; wondering if he should hear her answer before he said the next bit. Kota, he wasn't one of those completely oblivious people but one could never be too sure. He had a feeling that Xiana liked him also and at the same time, it could just be that she's nice to everyone. He might just be one of the helpless children that she felt the need to protect. Even so, Kota would put all his bets on the next lines. "It's been wonderful this past year, getting to know you and spend time with you. Honestly, I've never felt this strongly about someone before and I probably never will for another person. You might see me as kid. So... I will try to grow up quickly and when I do,"he knelt, holding out a four leaf clover he spent days to find, "Will you marry me?"

The butterflies were still floating around but they were slowly departing, but in those moments the scne truly looked like one straight from a fairytale.

---

"Open," he whispered softly into her ear. Her star filled eyes blinked open slowly, absorbing the scene in front of her. Xiana gasped lightly, her hands instantly flew to her mouth. Butterflies surrounded them in a pure and glowing white light. They flew all around them, one landed on her shoulder, flapping it's snow like wings before disappearing into the air with the rest of them. 

She smiled, giggled a melodious sound, and twirled under their brilliance. Her heart was beating so fast. There was nothing that could've made that moment any more perfect, she had thought.

"Xiana," The dark haired girl had always loved the way Kota said her name. The way his voice resonated in the air made her feel calm and happy. Xiana turned, her eyes gleaming. "Always, important things are said by mistake and I have a huge tendency to say stupid things. But,"

But? She thought, not sure what was coming next. He walked up to her, his green eyes always on her.

"This time I will say it properly. I love you, Xi." Her heart skipped a beat. She drew in a breathe, unable to let it out, afraid it was all just some make believe fantasy and that any moment she would wake up inside Leah's house. "It's been wonderful this past year, getting to know you and spend time with you. Honestly, I've never felt this strongly about someone before and I probably never will for another person. You might see me as kid. So... I will try to grow up quickly and when I do," He got down on one knee and held out a light green four leaf clover.

"Will you marry me?"

That was it. That was the magical question every girl has dreamed about. Xiana was one of them. As much tolerance as she wished she had, she had none and with that warm tears began flowing out of her eyes. Tears of joy, happiness, love, tears for him. Her heart was beating so fast, she was afraid he could hear it.

"Yes!" She cried, nodding her head. "Yes, yes, yes!" She took the four leaf clover and entwined it around her fingers. Xiana jumped into his arms the moment Kota stood up. He pulled her in a tight embrace. "I'm so glad I met you." She laughed behind her tears. He gave her a tight squeeze as she buried her head into his shoulder. His heart was beating just as fast as hers. They held each other for as long as possible, until her tears had practically dried up. He held her by the waist as she turned the four leaf clover into a small ring that slipped perfectly on her ring finger.

"Did you know that each one of these leaflets stood for something?" She held up her small hand high into the sky where the butterflies still lingered. "Faith, happiness, luck, and love." She let out a breathe, "and you've given me all four." With her other hand she drew out a box from her pocket. "Merry Christmas. Though it isn't going to be as amazing as your gift."

Kota took the gift and slowly unwrapped it. Inside he found a pair of earrings that was obviously Xi's handiwork. He smiled, of course Xi would hand-make her gift. He took off the pair he had on and exchanged them with her gift."How do I look?"

"Stunning," She laughed, holding him closer not wanting to let him go.

"Um. Actually, I have something else to confess before we go. I, uh, kissed you on the boat....back at the carnival while you were asleep...s-sorry...." Xiana looked up at him.

"It's okay," Her eyes twinkled, "Because this is your second gift." Xiana tiptoed slightly and kissed him slowly on the lips.

"I love you. Always and forever."
Kota
Kota
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2