THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street Surprises -- Trevor, Shade [Complete]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Street Surprises -- Trevor, Shade [Complete] - Page 2 Empty Re: Street Surprises -- Trevor, Shade [Complete]

Post by Tora Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:15 pm

“Oh.ok.” It didn’t ease him though. He agreed she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself, probably even more than him at the moment. Her power was probably more useful in a fight than his judging from the coil of wire he had glimpsed during their first meeting. But if you had others waiting for you, you shouldn’t keep them waiting right? He didn’t know it’s been too long since he had relied on anyone, much less relying on him. In summery he felt guilty that he was keeping Shade from getting back to people who cared way more about her and deserved her attention much more than some random stranger.

"What about you? Is there anyone at home for you?" He paused to think. Person wise, definitely not unless there had been some customer who was waiting until Trevor returned and could do his job but he highly doubted that was what she meant. Well…there was one thing that might possible count. So in dead seriousness he responded; “Does a pet gerbil count?”
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Street Surprises -- Trevor, Shade [Complete] - Page 2 Empty Re: Street Surprises -- Trevor, Shade [Complete]

Post by Shade Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:31 pm

"Sure. Why wouldn't it? I mean, it's dependent on you so why wouldn't it count?" Shade cocked her head, turning the thought over in her head before she shrugged and flashed another smile at him. "I've never had a pet - been one, but haven't had one. Then again, looking after the guys is enough of a hassle..." And she just did not realize what she had let slip, which was a good sign for how comfortable she was around him, even with the earlier turbulence.

Turning slightly to better look up at Trevor, she spoke again, hooking her hands behind her back and leaning forward a little. "No offense, but you don't seem the type to have a pet gerbil. Why'd you decide to get one? And can I see it when we get to your place?" She could just imagine how it looked. However she might act normally, she was still a girl and some things were going to make her act like one. Apparently small fluffy animals were one of those things.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 pm

He nodded his head more in acknowledgement than agreement of sorts but he had to glance down for a second with a raised eyebrow at the strange mention of being a “pet”. There could be many meanings, almost none of them good but the evident smile still on her face was off putting. A slipup maybe? If so he shouldn’t prod, he wouldn’t want anyone poking into his past and so he carried over the courtesy to others.

He shrugged, “This girl I hunted a bounty with left me with it. And sure.” He agreed with her, he just was one of those people that didn’t seem likely to have any type of pet. He’d surprised himself keeping and taking care of it.

Night had just fallen when they were finally standing in front of the entrance of what would technically be called his “home”. The door was, unfortunately, still broken. Hanging off one rusted hinge even when Trevor had tried to make it appear solid earlier. He nudged it open with his shoulder, the room dark. “Sorry, there’s no lights in here…” The main part of the store had used those large light sockets that almost all stores used, he had no clue where to even get one of those and it was probably too expensive to afford anyways.

Moving past that, he moved further in; behind the counter and unlocking the office where he kept his few more personal items. The light flickered for a moment when he turned it on. It was nothing special. Desk.chair. that’s about it. Except for the box resting on top of the desk’s surface. Inside was a pretty well improvised gerbil home. One of those rodent water things hanging off the side and shredded newspaper covering the bottom. The inhabitant inside was squeaking and trying to climb up the cardboard walls eagerly to its owners return.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:55 pm

"Well, that was nice of her," she replied, wondering if that was something people normally did. She didn't think so, but she'd be the first to admit that she didn't have much of a clue when it came to other people.

Shade couldn't help but frown when they got to Trevor's place. It really looked like it needed some repairs. And the door obviously did. Wasn't he worried that someone might break in? But then, if the place looked abandoned (which it did), then who would want to break into it?

“Sorry, there’s no lights in here…”

She shrugged carelessly, reaching up to lift her goggles a little. "It's fine. I don't need a lot of light," she replied, looking around the room. There were several crates but nothing that really looked like he could live here. Maybe there was something in one of the rooms in the back?

Reflective eyes followed Trevor as he crossed the room and pulled a key from his pocket. At least one of those doors locked - that made her relax a little for him. When he lifted a hand, reaching for a light switch she assumed, she reset her goggles and walked over to him, peering around his arm to take in the little room. She noted the lack of bed, but there was a chair so maybe he just preferred to sleep there?

Hearing the squeaking, Shade walked over to peer into the box. A grin pulled at her lips and she tugged a glove off before reaching into the box to gently stroke the gerbil's fur. "Aw, he's cute. He looks like you. What's his name?"
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:37 pm

He doubted that Flara had left him the gerbil just to be “nice”. Though with Shade’s strange track record of odd thinking it might have just been something she said to fill the silence.

Not a lot of light? Odd quirk especially considering the dark goggles he saw her wear. Now that he thought about it she was wearing them last time too, and the hood and a pair of gloves. It was a little more than odd in heat. He’d heard albinos were sensitive to light, but they had white hair and her hair was practically the exact opposite. He tucked away the curiosity for later. Wait, later? He shouldn’t even be assuming he will ever meet her again after this.

“Funny , the girl who gave me it said the same thing.” It wasn’t that funny. He didn’t get the comparison at all, he looked nothing like a small furry rodent. He really is never going to understand girls. Or at the very least any ones he came in contact with.

“Her name is Ievan.” He’d dropped the bag and its contents in one corner; standing next to Shade- both their eyes set on the gerbil.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 pm

"Ievan? That's a pretty name." She gently picked up the gerbil, holding it in her cupped hands and turned toward Trevor, holding it up to compare the two. Yeah, she supposed that if you went just by coloring, it didn't look much like him, but they both had the same pouty, vaguely confused look aimed at her.

Apparently deciding that she preferred Trevor to this odd female, Ievan turned on Shade's hands and made a flying leap for Trevor.

"Shit!" And Shade just reacted, pulling up her power to catch the small animal. A thin column, for lack of a better word, appeared under the fuzzball and molded around it as it landed, moving as if the top were covered in a large pillow. "Sorry! I didn't think she'd jump!" she exclaimed, completely ignoring the odd black material that had appeared.

Scooping up the gerbil again, she held the rodent out to Trevor, biting her lip and looking up at him sheepishly. "I'm pretty sure that didn't hurt her, but I don't know how to tell. I'm sorry if she is."

Spoiler:
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:47 pm

A pretty name? Yeah, he guessed he would agree. The name was more nostalgic now than anything, it’s been a few years after all since she had left. It…wasn’t odd to name pets after people you knew right? Though truth was half the reason he had name it that was because he wasn’t really creative with names and would have probably been named blacky or some other generic stupid sounding name.

Though even this Ievan had gotten attached to Trevor pretty quick and preferred him over Shade or something as she tried to jump the sizable distance between the two of them. He reacted, reaching to catch her before she fell and probably killed herself. But Shade reacted fast; albeit in a more… supernatural way.

He stared at the black blob that had appeared out of nowhere, assumingly from Shade. "I'm pretty sure that didn't hurt her, but I don't know how to tell. I'm sorry if she is." He dragged his eyes away from the black… whatever it was. He cupped both hands together near Shades. Ievan jumped right into his hands, and it looked like this time she would be staying there since she still remained obediently in his hands when he brought her closer for examination. Yep, definitely ok.

But now that that was taken care of… He looked at the blob of black still floating in the air. He looked at Shade, raising one eyebrow, “I’m guessing that has something to do with your power?”
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 am

Shade blinked and glanced at the still manifested shadow. That was twice in one day that she had acted without thinking. A faint blush crossed her cheeks and she let the black object collapse in on itself again.

"Yeah. I... uh..." It's not like it would really hurt to tell him - he already knew she was a harbinger and had just seen one thing she could do. And it was only fair since she knew his power. "I can manipulate shadows, changing their shape and how deep they are. And I can solidify them into simple objects." She gestured at where the column had been and shrugged, looking down and to the side as she reached up to nervously fiddle with her goggles.

Even though he was a harbinger, she knew that it didn't necessarily make any difference. She had made other harbingers nervous before because of her power. And that she sometimes hurt people without meaning to didn't make her any more comfortable with it.

Shade looked back up at Trevor, waiting to see what his reaction would be.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:55 pm

The result of her actions seemed to finally hit her as her cheeks turned a light pink while the black thing dissolved. What had she to be embarrassed about?

"I can manipulate shadows, changing their shape and how deep they are. And I can solidify them into simple objects."

Shadows. Shade. Made sense. Clearly she was embarrassed by her power, he doubted it had to do with the simple reason of being a harbinger since she already knew he was one himself. Some bad experience in the past then? He lowered Ievan back down into her box, “Sounds useful.” He could list off ten reasons easy where such a power could be very useful. It was more useful than his power for sure. And honestly the idea that she would seriously try to hurt him was almost laughable even if this was their second time meeting.

But regardless of strength she should be off, it’s starting to get late and the building didn’t exactly have a guest bed. He looked back down at her, crossing his arms and taking a firm tone, “Unless you plan to watch me sleep you should probably go back home.”
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Sounds useful? She snorted, lips twisting in distaste. Sure, she supposed it good be, just for very little good. It might be better if she had better control, but all things considered... She wasn't going to think about that, about her uncle and the crap he did to her, today. Though, why was it that she was prompted to around Trevor?

It didn't really matter since Trevor wasn't him or anything like him. And that was the last time she'd ever entertain that thought.

“Unless you plan to watch me sleep you should probably go back home.”

Shade looked up at him, wondering what the tone was for. Was he sick of her being around already? A frown pulled at her features before she smirked. Well, there was a quick way to tell what he was thinking. If he got angry, she wouldn't bother him again, but if he got flustered... Well, that would be a good thing.

"Well, I could if you'd like," she teased, being conscious not to step closer since she knew that would make him uncomfortable and upset him. She tilted her head, waiting for his reaction.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Her cynical snort surprised him. In truth he really didn’t know exactly what he was supposed to expect as a reaction but it definitely wasn’t that. Though he’d probably have the same reaction if he was told his power was “useful” too.

"Well, I could if you'd like," If she hadn’t frowned right before speaking he probably wouldn’t have known she was teasing him. He reached out, and gave her a small flick to the forehead, “It’s getting late idiot, and this place doesn’t exactly have a secret bedroom.” In fact there’s not even technically a proper sleeping place for himself but hey, he’s used to that at least.

He knew she couldn’t insist on staying, Shade said it’s ok if she returns late but that means she still has to return. He’s glad for that at least. He’d probably walk her part of the way as well but she had been stubborn enough to follow back so doing that would be kind of against the whole point of why she had followed him. He waited for her to make a decision, hopefully not teasing him again.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Shade blinked in surprise and lifted a hand in reaction to rub at where he flicked her. What the hell had that been for? She just looked at him for a moment before laughing as she realized he was teasing her back. That was a good thing.

"Okay, okay. I'm going. Just, promise me something? Eat some healthy stuff. And you've still got my number, right? Give me a call this weekend and let me know how you're doing. Or I'll hunt you down on Monday, got it?"

After looking at him suspiciously for a few seconds while waiting for him to respond, she smiled up at him. "I'm sorry for running into you earlier and the entire thing with the kiss. But I'm happy to have met up again." With that, she darted forward and wrapped him in a hug, careful not to squeeze too tightly in case he had healed somebody recently and his ribs were bothering him. She also slipped another twenty credits into his pocket so he couldn't use the excuse of not having money for food to avoid getting stuff.

"Good night Trevor. Stay safe." And with that, she was out the door with a wave and on her way back toward East.
Shade
Shade
B rank
B rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tora Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Every sarcastic teenager instinct in his body told him to roll his eyes; met only twice and she thinks she’s his mom or something. He’d make the effort if it really would make her feel better, he’d certainly call her only because it would probably be troublesome if she felt obligated to drag herself all the way out her again.

"I'm sorry for running into you earlier and the entire thing with the kiss. But I'm happy to have met up again." She suddenly ran up and hugged him, he automatically tensed but it didn’t look like she was doing this specifically to make him uncomfortable. He could feel his cheeks start to heat up but it wasn’t … exactly a bad feeling this time. He pat her head gently, “It’s fine…” Whether he was happy to have seen her again… that isn’t a question he’s sure he can particularly give an answer to.

He watched her leave, returning a small wave in farewell. He turned to head back inside, shoving his hands into his pockets and something crumpled when he knew there was nothing in his pockets before. 20 credits she somehow snuck into his pocket, the little… Why did she even care about him so much?
Sighing he shoved the cash back into his pocket. Turned locked the office door and shut off the lights. He’d call her alright, and the first thing he’d do was tell her he’s definitely returning the money she shouldn’t have given him in the first place.
Tora
Tora
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2