THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Try To Stay Dry This Time, Shall We? or How Team Hose Acted Casual. (Haze/Hoss)

2 posters

Go down

Let's Try To Stay Dry This Time, Shall We? or How Team Hose Acted Casual. (Haze/Hoss) Empty Let's Try To Stay Dry This Time, Shall We? or How Team Hose Acted Casual. (Haze/Hoss)

Post by Hoss Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 pm

He had been given the info on where he would meet up with his partner as well as a description so that he would know her. He had guessed though that she had been given one of him as well. Since they would be spying on Silver Dust it didn't make sense for them to travel together to the West District, something Hoss was appreciative of. It just seemed awkward to spend all that time together with nothing to do but talk about anything besides the mission. It could have been someone completely boring too, or someone just completely unintelligent. Unintelligent extroverts are probably the worst of all to be around, hopefully she wouldn't be one of them.

There were quite a few shops nearby and they had a little to go off of. Not much was given to Hoss but enough to point them in the right direction as far as where they should be looking. He assumed they had given her the same info as well, it only made sense. An area within the West District had been known to have a few of the Silver Dust regulars around from time to time, a bar as a matter of fact. From time to time apparently Solstice would report mission failures due to interference from members of Silver Dust in the area. They finally narrowed down the location of the group to a bar after a botched mission resulted in a Solstice member following them to see where they would go afterward.

Cloud Nine was the name of the place, and Hoss was outside of it, lighting up a cigarette. The idea was to eavesdrop or somehow see what they were up to without letting on what they were doing or otherwise being seen. If they made a move they were to follow them from afar and just keep an eye on things to report. Intel gathering, essentially. This wasn't the sort of mission that required them to run after them or interrupt what they were doing. Just to watch, see, and report.

It made things easy as far as Hoss was concerned. He could keep his eyes on things and he wouldn't need his powers for anything unless he managed to fuck up and he had no intentions of fucking up. He took a long drag as his eyes finally found someone that looked relatively familiar. His eyes sharpened and he grinned.

Oh, this will be fun.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Let's Try To Stay Dry This Time, Shall We? or How Team Hose Acted Casual. (Haze/Hoss) Empty Re: Let's Try To Stay Dry This Time, Shall We? or How Team Hose Acted Casual. (Haze/Hoss)

Post by Ceara Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Watch, listen, report. Don’t get caught.

It shouldn’t really be that hard, right? Ceara grunted as another person bumped into her, nearly knocking her down. Too bad the area was on one of the most populated streets in the West. She frowned, looking up at the neon-bright signs above her, and, seeing her destination, picked up her pace. Based the information she was given, Ceara knew that Cloud Nine was a local hotspot for many Silver Dust members, and she was supposed to meet up with her partner outside of it. From then on, she guessed they would go inside and act all casual and buddy-buddy, while eavesdropping on conversations and shit like that. The girl had no problems with that, just as long as her partner wasn’t a complete idi- ...Fuck.

“He’s a pretty tall guy, brown hair, red eyes. Smokes.”

Suppressing a scream, Ceara almost turned around when she recognized the man standing outside the bar. She glared at the glowing ember of his cigarette, frustrated at herself for not connecting the dots. That fucking man had caused her so much grief back at the museum. Once she walked into hearing distance, she forced a grin on her face, much like the one on his that she desperately wanted to smack off.

“Oh my god, hey! I haven’t seen you in so long!” Wincing at her own high pitch, she threw her arms around his neck, maybe squeezing a little harder than necessary.

Let’s just get this over with…
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Let's Try To Stay Dry This Time, Shall We? or How Team Hose Acted Casual. (Haze/Hoss) Empty Re: Let's Try To Stay Dry This Time, Shall We? or How Team Hose Acted Casual. (Haze/Hoss)

Post by Hoss Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 am

It had been awhile but the museum girl was definitely one he wouldn't forget anytime soon. A beauty, nice looks, and not to mention probably the prettiest set of harbinger eyes he had seen in quite awhile. Besides, he had gotten her wet according to her. He put two and two together with the appearance he had been given and was surprised to see that she so easily fell into character, immediately showing that she would be easy to work with as she spoke up. "Oh my god, hey! I haven't seen you in so long!"

So it was the long time no see routine, complete with such a high pitched voice that Hoss nearly bit through the butt of his cigarette. Of course, he knew better than to let a lit cigarette drop all willy nilly, especially around this girl. He didn't exactly want to set fire to anyone or anything here. The arms around his neck caused him to brace a little as he felt them tighten enough to tell him that she was definitely not to pleased about seeing him here. It was to be expected though, even if he was pleased as punch to have ran into her here. His hands wrapped around her as they found a home at her ass, giving a quick squeeze and saying.

"It has been! I've missed you something awful," His hands would raise to her lower back as he would pull away from her slightly and give her a wink. Oh, tonight was going to be fun, dangerous as fuck, but fun. He was wondering how this mission could be anything but boring, how unlucky he would be if he got stuck with someone unintelligent. Now here he was with someone he could tease and bug all night, pushing his luck all the while performing the task he was sent here to do. Who knows, maybe he could even get a kiss before the night was over.

"Let's go inside, we can catch up with a drink or two. It's on me tonight," the one good thing for her was that Hoss would at least pay for the drinks. He tossed his cigarette on the ground and stepped it out before turning to the door and opening it for her. His eyes stayed on her though, and would until they found an open table. Now wasn't the time to look for the Silver Dust members anyway seeing as they were playing the whole old friends card. "So what have you been up to recently?"

It wasn't very creative but small talk never really was creative in the end. It was kind of boring and mundane. Besides, he was generally interested in what the girl was like. Maybe she'd give honest answers about what has been going on in her life and he'd get to know her. EIther that or he'd get the completely wrong idea about her here.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:45 pm

She was glad that he caught on quickly, returning the hug, but that feeling passed over quickly when she felt his hand inch down her back, giving her ass a firm squeeze. Of course he would. She was just thinking that this would go okay, just as long as her partner wasn’t stupid… And she ended up with him. It was times like this that she regretted using such a conspicuous weapon. Fuck the mission, if Ceara had her weapon with her right now, he would probably be on the ground clutching the remains of his balls.

He finally pulled back, grinning, and sent her a wink. Asshole was probably enjoying this way too much. "Let's go inside, we can catch up with a drink or two. It's on me tonight." Well there was no way in hell she was drinking on a mission, especially in front of him, but she widened her smile, nodding. "So what have you been up to recently?"

Giggling, she entered the bar, grabbing her partner by the hand and pulling him to a small table close to the center of the room. The bar itself wasn’t terribly large, but it seemed to be quite popular. The sounds of bottles clinking and voices chattering filled the room and the faint smell of cigar smoke hung around in the air. Feeling stifled by the amount of people, Ceara took off her jacket, draping it on the back of her chair, before taking the seat facing the bar. If this were any other night, she would’ve chosen the open booth in the corner, but this table allowed one of them to watch the bar, the other watching the entrance, while still being able to hear quite a few conversations.

Remembering his previous question, she said, “Oh, I’m great, actually. I just started my second year of college so I have, like, absolutely no social life right now. Ugh I think I’m failing all my classes already. Oh, by the way, are you still with Em? I saw her at the mall like a week ago, she looks amazing, oh my god.” At this point Ceara wasn’t even paying attention to her own bullshit, but that was the point. When she acted like this, people noticed her, but then quickly lost interest, not expecting a girl like her to do anything remotely intelligent.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:57 am

As she grabbed his hand and brought him into the bar it seemed that maybe just maybe she was actually into him. As they entered he tried to keep his attention on her but his peripheral was definitely something he was noticing. Everything from the larger table groups to the loners at the actual bar itself. The ones who had cocktails versus the ones who had beers. He wasn't exactly sure what he was looking for here but he knew that they would be able to spot out the Silver Dust members before too long. It was their turf after all so most likely they were comfortable enough to let slip a few minor details to let Hoss and Haze onto that little fact.

"Oh, I"m great, actually. I just started my second year of college so I have, like, absolutely no social life right now. Ugh I think I'm failing all my classes already. Oh, by the way, are you still with Em? I saw her at the mall like a week ago, she looks amazing, oh my god." Oddly enough a sincere chord was struck at the topic of romance. His mind went to the last time he had tried to legitimately make a move on someone and it hadn't exactly gone too great. So conveniently he used a bit of method acting and just went with that feeling, driving it home as he delivered his half of the performance they were putting on, even if they had no real audience.

"Actually, no. We were working things out but she kind of shot me down the last time we spoke. It's uh, I guess it's good that she looks good though." He let himself get a little lost in though, his mind of course was on a boy and not a girl but of course the same was kind of true. They were working out some of their issues in their lives as two people with conflicting viewpoints and then Harvey got shot the fuck down. Honestly it was like being kicked to think of it but it was about that time that a waitress managed to come over. A welcome distraction from an almost too sincere pain.

"Can I get you two anything to drink to start? And did you want to look at our bar menu?"

"Uhm, I'll have a glass of whatever pale ale you have on tap. That should be it for me and, damn, remind me again Jenny, what was your drink of choice?" He began snapping as if trying to recall some lost memory. It was an honest habit he had back in high school to snap as he was thinking so it felt pretty natural. As he pretended to think he let his eyes wander, and he picked up on what he imagined were the gang members. There were two girls and a guy, dressed pretty nicely but they kept quiet and seemed to be talking really low, just out of earshot.

Fuck, guess I won't be hearing what they are up to from here…
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:51 pm

She seemed to have unintentionally hit a sore spot. If she hadn’t been looking straight at Hoss, Ceara would have missed the way his back stiffened a tiny bit and the miniscule tightening of the edges of his mouth. "Actually, no. We were working things out but she kind of shot me down the last time we spoke. It's uh, I guess it's good that she looks good though." Ceara laced her fingers under her chin and leaned forward, scrutinizing him. She was familiar enough with body language to know that he wasn’t lying, or at least not completely. This wasn’t an act; no one, not even she, was a brilliant enough actor to mimic the subtle shifts in expression that came from true emotions. Someone had hurt him, and, by the way Hoss was acting right now, he was still licking his wounds.

Ceara mentally filed away the information. She wouldn’t bring it up anymore, if not to spare his feelings, then to save the mission. He was blankly staring into space now, and that was not what they were here for. Her partner snapped out of his stupor when a waitress passed by. "Can I get you two anything to drink to start? And did you want to look at our bar menu?"

"Uhm, I'll have a glass of whatever pale ale you have on tap. That should be it for me and, damn, remind me again Jenny, what was your drink of choice?"

Turning to the lady, she smiled. “I’ll have the same, I guess. And James, I can’t believe you don’t remember that I will drink anything, just as long as it has alcohol in it.” She laughed and turned back to Hoss, who was staring off to his left, but for a completely different reason this time. Ceara tilted her head a bit, so she could follow his gaze from the corner of her eye to the trio sitting close together in a booth, talking in hushed tones. Well, someone shoot me if that isn’t suspicious.

There were two women, a blonde and a brunette, and the man was fairly well built. Though from over where she was sitting, they were having a peaceful conversation, the blonde’s and man’s auras were flaring an angry red, while the other woman’s seemed to be drawing back, cowed. Not wanting to be caught looking for too long, Ceara dropped her gaze back down to the table, eyes squinting slightly as her vision blurred.

“Can’t hear what they’re saying, but the brunette has certainly pissed off the other two,” she said, speaking softly so that no one but her partner could hear her.

Last edited by Haze on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I derped.)
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Thankfully they weren't carded as the waitress nodded and moved to her next table to check up on them. Hoss wondered if she really did drink anything, he couldn't really get a good fix on this girl since they weren't actually communicating with each other directly. They weren't being honest or talking as colleagues, something he wanted to make sure he got a chance to do since she was pretty hot. Besides, it wasn't every day he got to grab someone's ass and not get beat for it. He turned his head from the trio of what was most likely Silver Dust and it seemed that she had picked up on the same exact thing that he had.

"Can't hear what they're saying, but the brunette has certainly pissed off the other two."

He took a good look at his partner, Haze as he was told she went by. She couldn't hear what they were saying, could she hear their tones? Or was this what her Harbinger ability was? He leaned in a little as he tried to get a quick second look at the trio, turning his eyes but only slightly moving his head before taking his view to the dart board near them in case anyone was looking.

"Well, I guess I better come clean about the whole situation Jen. I mean, maybe she thought I was cheating on her. She seemed kind of suspicious of me. Do you think she would think so low of me? Or maybe it was some sort of control issue. Maybe she felt I was being a little too dominant in the relationship. I mean, you were around us a lot in the earlier stages of our relationship. What do you think?" He was trying to ask her very subtly if it seemed like the other two were suspecting the third was working with another gang or if maybe it was their superior and they were just pissed off about an order they had received.

He pulled the pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and began to turn it in one hand, fiddling with the pack as the waitress came by with two glasses of beer. Hoss grabbed the glass and took a long sip, knowing that a beer on a mission was pretty much nothing. It was no worse than drinking some water and truth be told a little beer could work as a preventative pain killer, something he would have more than appreciated during the mission he was given to get into Solstice.

Maybe we'll get lucky and see a Silver Dust in gang killing. That'd be a fun report. We watched them, and two of them killed one of their own. Those two will probably be killed as a result and now we have no worries.

He grinned and took a second sip. This mission would be a cake walk.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 pm

"Well, I guess I better come clean about the whole situation Jen. I mean, maybe she thought I was cheating on her. She seemed kind of suspicious of me. Do you think she would think so low of me? Or maybe it was some sort of control issue. Maybe she felt I was being a little too dominant in the relationship. I mean, you were around us a lot in the earlier stages of our relationship. What do you think?"

She smiled at his thinly veiled question. If she had to choose, it was probably Hoss’ first guess. The brunette definitely was terrified of the other two, who were suspicious of something and were furious about it. She opened her mouth, but the waitress arrived with their drinks before she could respond. Hoss took a large gulp and, sighing because she-did-not-drink-nor-want-to-drink-at-all, took a sip as well, though a significantly smaller one.

“I don’t know, you guys seemed pretty happy when you first started dating, but…” Ceara frowned. “I know you're not the type to cheat. But I’ve known Emily since we were like thirteen. And she’s had problems trusting peoplefor as long as I’ve known her. She’s that kind of person that believes that she can’t be happy. So I guess Em was suspicious because she was just was waiting for you to fuck up.” She trailed off a little, losing herself in her thoughts before blinking, remembering that she was talking about an imaginary girl, not her own fucking trust issues. Bringing up her glass to her lips, she took another sip before continuing. “I don’t know though, you shouldn’t believe what I say sometimes.” And he really shouldn’t. There was only so much you could go by just emotions without seeing the reasons for them.

She fell silent again and looked around the bar, stealing glances at the three Silver Dust members occasionally. The blonde and the man were talking much more animatedly now, hands gesturing wildly. The man abruptly stopped, placing his hands on the table before leaning in and whispering something in the brunette’s ear. She visibly paled, and the man stood up, putting on his jacket while watching, waiting, for the woman to do something.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 am

"I don’t know, you guys seemed pretty happy when you first started dating, but… I know you're not the type to cheat. But I’ve known Emily since we were like thirteen. And she’s had problems trusting people for as long as I’ve known her. She’s that kind of person that believes that she can’t be happy. So I guess Em was suspicious because she was just was waiting for you to fuck up.” He watched her take a sip before the statement and was pretty much transfixed on her as she answered. It seemed like she wasn't saying much of anything here, did the other two think the third was an idiot or something? It confused him as he tried to make sense of it but he was relieved of doing so when she finally seemed to snap to attention and speak up. "I don't know though, you shouldn't believe what I say sometimes."

"That seemed kinda deep. Never took you to be so invested in Em. I guess you've known her since before I even met her though so thanks for the insight." HIs voice was uncertain, he wasn't clear on what she was saying and quite frankly it was a bit distracting but his eye caught the movement as things seemed to escalate pretty quickly. He wanted to hear what they were saying or possibly even interfere just enough to get them out of the bar. He wanted to follow them and get them somewhere that they might talk a little more openly. Maybe an alley, maybe somewhere near their HQ, somewhere somehow where he could figure out what they were doing and what they had planned.

"What would you say to a game of darts?" He nodded to the machine that seemed to be unplugged. "Doubt the score keeping mechanisms are working but we can count down from one-eighty easily enough." He didn't wait for an answer so much as get up and make his way over to the dart board. He looked over straight into the face of the girl who had gone pale, the brunette who seemed to be fearing for her life. She seemed a little too distracted to even notice him but the second he caught the glint of her eye he shot her a wink.

I wish I could communicate with Haze somehow. Just one day maybe I'll run into a telepath.

"Hey big guy, you weren't going to use the dart board were yeh?"

"Fuck off, asshole. So then, what's it gonna be Gale?"

Hoss turned to look at his partner, but he was also looking to everyone else in the bar. None of them seemed too concerned with what was going on, in fact from the looks of it Hoss was getting a few stares the second he got up and moved over there. Fear struck him.

Oh fuck… I think this whole bar knows what the fuck is going on and I can't even figure it out.

Hoss nervously grabbed the darts and moved to where he could throw them from. The only comforting thought was that the only Harbingers in sight were himself and Haze. The not so comforting fact was that his Harbinger ability wouldn't save him if this entire bar was full of Silver Dust members or supporters. For all he knew they were hanging out in a potential ambush. He made his way over to Haze and whispered into her ear, his hand coming up gently to her face as if he was saying something a little intimate or even hitting on her.

"We need to get them out of here… and we especially, need to get out of here." He pulled back with a smile, his eyes, his face, all smiling. He was starting to feel scared though as he turned and threw a dart.

This is a horrible plan.

The dart went straight into the big guy's neck.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:33 pm

"We need to get them out of here… and we especially, need to get out of here."

Hoss pulled away before taking aim and tossing the dart in his hand. Ceara had noticed the tension in the bar when her partner had gotten up, but the hostility in the room only increased tenfold when the dart embedded itself in the man’s neck. It didn’t hit any vital points, unfortunately – or well fortunately, actually. That would’ve been a very hard situation to get out of. Not that this one wasn’t, she thought, as the man whipped around and grabbed her partner by the collar. … Ah, shit.

Quickly walking over to the two men, she attempted to put herself in between the two much taller men, forcing a smile on her face. Trust Hoss to piss off everyone he meets. “I’m so sorry for that, sir, are you alright? Please forgive my friend; he’s had a little too much to drink…”

He did let go of Hoss, but only to roughly push her out of the way. “Shut up, filthy harbinger.” The shove itself wasn’t that hard, but Ceara tripped on a leg of a table, sending her falling to the ground.

The bar fell silent.

…So much for being unnoticed. A man stood up and made his way over to them, calling out, “Hey man, she might be a harbinger, but that’s no reason to be pushing her around.” So they weren’t all Silver Dust supporters. That was… reassuring. A second man got up as well, placing himself in front of the first. “Dude, back off.” Several more people stood up and crowded around the first two, voices overlapping.

And then the first punch was thrown.

Having been forgotten, Ceara stood up, smoothing down her shirt while looking around. The two women were nowhere to be seen. Frowning, she reached out and grabbed her partner’s arm, dragging him towards the door. “I hope this was part of your plan.”

They made their way to the exit, trying their best to avoid being caught up in the chaos. From the corner of her eye, she noticed their very hassled looking waitress being pushed around by the moving bodies. She paused. Ceara knew they were in deep shit right now, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. So when the waitress’ back was turned, she reached out and squeezed her butt, before sprinting to the door. She turned around just in time to see the woman shriek something in Hoss’ face before delivering a slap hard enough to make Ceara wince.

Son of a bitch deserved it, though.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 am

Why hello there big boy…

Hoss stared up at the guy as his partner suddenly put herself between them, or attempted to until she got knocked over like she was nothing more than a house of cards. House made a mental note that this girl probably wasn't built to fight at all. Which made him the only experienced fighter. Which meant trouble. He looked up into the eyes of the guy who had thankfully let go of hoss in the process. "That wasn't very nice of you! Is that any way to treat a lady?" It seemed that the bar had awoken with a few people who were getting upset for them. Maybe, just maybe, the patrons weren't going to put up with Silver Dust's crap if it was going to treat their business this way. Not to mention the patrons which were more or less wild cards in the situation.

Hoss was fixing up his jacket as he saw the big man throw a punch. Hoss ducked as the fist slammed into one of the other guys in his place. This seemed to get a lot of yelling and fighting going on as he felt his arm get pulled along. He stumbled sideways and turned as they made their way out of that immediate area, heading toward the exit. "I hope this was part of your plan."

"Part one anyway, but let's not use the P word. I don't like the P word." Plans tended to fail, this was more of an impromptu idea, an experiment. Anger the guy, create a distraction, and follow the two girls. While one was mad she certainly wasn't as hot headed as the male counterpart had been. They would ditch him if he was a liability to anything they had going on in that bar fight which seemed to get proven as he caught a glimpse of them escaping through the back. "Hey I think all we have to do is-"

"You pig! I'm a human being you son of a bitch!" Hoss turned as a hand slapped him in the face. Hoss looked in confusion but put two and two together as he took off for the side of the bar and into the alleyway between the buildings. He hoped his partner was smart enough to follow him as he slid to a stop just feet from the corner and peeked around it slightly.

"Look, we know alright? We know about your little boy toy in Oblivion. If you don't want him dead you better cut it out and start trusting us, it's pissing us the hell off that you're keeping it from us!" Obviously the girl who was kind of upset toward the other one.

Well that seems to solve that problem.

"Shut the hell up, you don't know anything you idiotic drone… I'm not scared of you…" She sounded scared as hell. Hoss kept his eye on her as a third figure seemed to approach. "Terry, help me!"

Oh… so there's the Oblivion guy as well. This is… interesting.

Hoss turned away and just kept his ears focused to listen in on what was going on.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 pm

She followed behind her partner, skidding to a stop moments before crashing into him. Ceara couldn’t see anything from her position behind Hoss’ body, so she leaned against the wall, concentrating on the voices coming from around the corner.

"Look, we know alright? We know about your little boy toy in Oblivion. If you don't want him dead you better cut it out and start trusting us, it's pissing us the hell off that you're keeping it from us!"

"Shut the hell up, you don't know anything you idiotic drone… I'm not scared of you…" She paused, and Ceara heard the echoes of footsteps. "Terry, help me!" …How the hell was this girl in a gang? She should’ve been shot already for calling out names like that.

“Shut the fuck up for a goddamn moment, Gale,” a deeper, rougher voice responded. That was probably Terry, and he didn’t sound too happy to have his name thrown around, either.

The blonde spoke up again, voice lowered to a point where Ceara could barely make out the words. “I honestly don’t understand why you had to sneak around. Jay and I, we’re your friends, or at least we thought we were. We would’ve helped you if there was gonna be any trouble from higher up.” She paused. “Unless… Gale, please don’t tell me you’re the one who-“

She was cut off by the sound of the door crashing open, and the alley was briefly filled with the sounds of yelling and breaking glass before it closed. “Sorry about that, but I swear it wasn’t my fault,” the man from before said. “I blame those fucking freaks, they- Is this the guy from Oblivion?” There was a moment of silence only broken by the sound of a knife being pulled out. … Aw, shit.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 pm

His eyes moved to the girl next to him, watching his partner as he listened and thought about everything that had happened tonight. They had shown up, gone in, and the group were at a table talking. This group had been ambushing Solstice missions from what they were told, meaning they were following to figure out exactly what was going on that Solstice was having problems doing operations throughout this area. Two were mad at the third for some reason, and it was enough that without provocation from Hoss the large male of the group was ready to fight over it, determined enough that the brunette was terrified.

"I blame those fucking freaks, they- is this the guy from Oblivion?"

The sound of metal being pulled out of a sheath was unmistakable. Hoss paid special attention to the short length of time the noise sounded, noting that it had most likely been a knife, albeit a larger knife. Hoss knew this wasn't his fight so he didn't even bother with his own weapon. His enemies it seemed, or Solstice's enemies, were about to take each other out of the picture. It was a win-win and while Hoss felt bad for that scared girl he wasn't about to help her. It wasn't his place and it would only get him killed.

"So you must be Jay. Pleasure to meet you, I see you already understand who I am."

"Dead meat, that's what!" Jay shouted as loud footsteps sounded out against the pavement.

"JAY NO!" Obviously the sounds of Gale, which were followed shortly by a very muffled metallic crack. Hoss' hand reached out and gripped Haze's own as he mouthed the word 'silencer'. Guns were bad news. Bad bad news. They were not something to brag about having because of just how hard they were to smuggle, and whoever had this gun brought it out because they were going to use it. He just couldn't tell who had it right away.

A loud scraping noise sounded as the footsteps ended. A scream filled the air, feminine, it was obvious that Jay was shot down, but the question was who had done it. Hoss' guess was the Oblivion guy but he kept listening.

"Gale… where did you?" The confused voice of Terry.

So Gale shot him? This feels like a really fucked up soap opera.

Hoss loosened his grip on her hand, letting go entirely before giving a small shrug.

"So you were…. you were the one who killed him. You even had the nerve to take his gun…" It seemed the unnamed girl was the only one left on the Silver Dust side of things. From the sounds of it Gale was about to defect to Oblivion.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 pm

The muted pop of the gun was unmistakable. Suddenly thankful for her partner’s presence, she squeezed his hand back, reminding herself that she couldn’t run, not now, no matter how much her instincts were screaming at her to. Guns made her nervous. Very very nervous. She couldn’t outrun a gun. Ceara fought close quarters; she couldn’t do shit to a person with a gun. She forced down the rising panic, focusing her attention back to the other people.

"So you were…. you were the one who killed him. You even had the nerve to take his gun…" He? Who else did Gale kill?

“They… All they told me to do was find out any information about those incoming weapon shipments… He was poking around too much, so…” Gale took a shaky breath. “Listen, I really don’t want to do this, Michelle, but…”

The blonde, Michelle, interrupted her. “Why Oblivion? What more could they offer you that we can’t give you?” Her voice was slowly getting closer to where the two Solstice members were hiding. Ceara gripped her partner’s arm, tugging him the other way. They had to get out, now. “Give me a fucking good reason why you’re working for them. Is it because of your little boyfriend here? Because if it is, he’s-“

“You don’t know anything, so shut up!” Gale’s words were punctuated by a second pop, and a hole appeared on the wall near their hiding spot. Fuck!

“Fucking hell, Gale, if you can’t shoot right, just give that to me.” There was a rustle of clothing, then the quiet click of the gun’s chamber being loaded. Ceara could hear Michelle’s – she assumed it was hers, anyway – footsteps, each one slowly backing away from the other two and coming towards them.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:18 am

So another round got popped up and missed. Hoss looked up to the hole that sat a few inches above his head and a bit closer to the corner before turning his head back toward Haze. His eyes were shot wide open but he had an idea. He reached into his bag and slowly pulled out a throwing knife. His face turned to hers so he could clearly mouth the words 'trust me'. He slowly inched his way up along the wall as he stood upright completely. He could hear the girl shuffling backwards toward the corner. Hoss waved Haze back a little, signaling for her to take a step or two back as he flattened himself as much against that wall as he could. The girl came around the corner and turned to run as Hoss' arm wrapped around her mouth, covering it and pinching her nose as he pulled her flush to his chest, his other arm holding his throwing knife to her throat.

"Don't make a sound and maybe you'll live, girlie." He whispered just barely above a breath into her ear before shoving her toward Haze.

The guy from oblivion came around the corner with Gale next to him, gun raised to fire as Hoss' free hand gripped and twisted the barrel toward Gale, the guy accidentally pulling against the trigger as a round fired off into her chest. Hoss, felt the heat of the barrel and got bit by the slide as it slammed back. Hoss focused and used the gun material, turning it into a knife as it's next shot fired into a barrel that no longer existed and was closed off in the process of being turned into a knife. The result was the slide breaking off in the nose of the gunman, hitting him hard enough to knock him unconscious.

"FUCK FUCK OW!" Hoss waved his bleeding and burnt hand around as he put the wound to his mouth only to be overcome with the need to whistle. He staved it off as he pointed to the Silver Dust survivor and said, "Your decision, make it quick." He began whistling the globetrotters theme song as he pulled out some of the newspaper and cotton from his bag and began to use it to apply pressure to the wound on his hand, inspecting the burns around the same area to make sure it wasn't anything too serious.

Well that's two oblivion dead… technically. They killed one Silver Dust, and we have one Silver Dust. No hostages, no kidnappings. Kill or let go… if it was me I'd kill her.

He watched to see what his partner would do but they had to get out of there and fast. The gunshots would make people weary but soon enough any serious Silver Dust affiliates would be around to check out what was going on in their area.

At least we watched and figured out what the hell was going on… I think.

Last edited by Hoss on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:06 pm

She watched the girl stare at the bodies on the ground, Ceara seemingly forgotten as she took a shaky step towards Gale’s body. Hoss turned around then, nursing his injured hand, and pointed to her with the other. "Your decision, make it quick."

She flinched then, turning her body around to run, but nearly ran into Ceara before whipping out a switchblade. The last Silver Dust member pressed herself against the wall, putting as much distance between her and the two other people as possible. “Who… Who are you people?”

Ceara didn’t answer her, her head instead tilted to the side, studying Michelle. She was acting like a caged animal, eyes darting around, aura tense, confused, panicked. She didn’t want to kill her, but – her eyes narrowed as the colors froze completely – she would if she had to. And she did have to, they couldn’t let the girl go now, especially after she’d gotten a good look at their faces.

It suddenly lashed out, and so did the girl, thrusting her knife towards Ceara’s chest. Expecting something like this, she sidestepped the sloppy lunge, and one hand pushed on the girl’s shoulder, the other grabbing the knife hand’s wrist, simultaneously twisting it and forcing the knife from its owner’s grasp and into her own. A kick to the back of the knee, alongside the push on her shoulder sent the blonde crashing off balance to the floor. Ceara, after a slight hesitation, jumped on top of her and pulled her head up by the hair, before running the blade through her neck.

Releasing her grip on the blonde’s hair, she sighed before wiping the knife and the hand holding it on the back of the girl’s shirt. Getting up, she looked back at her partner. “We should probably go. We have enough information to report, and people are going to be looking for them. I’d rather not be here when they do.” She blinked, before remembering that Hoss was injured. "Uh, is your hand alright?" Because she saw his hand get caught under the slide, and knew that a gun could get very hot when it was fired. That must hurt like a bitch...
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 am

Hoss whistled and watched as the girl's fought. His hand held tightly to the newspaper over his wound as he was ready for some sort of intervention. The truth was that he would throw a knife into the fray if he absolutely had to but he'd be doing more harm than good by interfering. He just hoped that Haze would be able to handle the girl despite being so easily pushed over by the muscly member of Silver Dust that had seemingly brought a knife to a gun fight. His hopes, as it seemed, would be realized as Ceara bested the girl with the knife, acting in such a way that Hoss was wondering if she was somehow good at anticipating an opponents moves.

As she topped the other, stabbing her through the neck with the knife, Hoss did a double check that they weren't leaving anything behind. Hoss saw no reason to worry about the gun itself seeing as the part with his finger prints on it would disintegrate within ten minutes. "We should probably go. We have enough information to report, and people are going to be looking for them. I'd rather not be here when they do. Uh, is your hand alright."

Hoss replied by continuing to whistle, then by pulling aside the newspaper to show the bleeding wound. It wasn't much of anything. He shrugged but made a point to keep his blood from spilling on anything in the area. He gestured his hand pointing out of the alleyway and began to lead the way walking. It was hard to communicate once he got to whistling. It was like a compulsion he just couldn't fight, a relief washed over him each time he whistled after using his abilities.

As they walked he would gesture back to the girl and give Haze a thumb's up signal to try and tell her she did a good job by killing her. It was the right call in his opinion, he would have done the same. It was best to not leave enemies for tomorrow when you could take care of them today. The longer you took to forget them the longer they had to remember you. A dangerous thing for someone in their line of work when you had two rival gangs to worry about.

So that's two dead Silver Dust, two dead Oblivion, two living Solstice. Sounds about right.

Hoss would bump his shoulder against Haze's teasingly, not sure how else to convey the feeling of relaxation and ease. So long as they got out of Western District and fast they would be okay.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:03 pm

She flipped the blade closed and pocketed it, falling into step beside her partner. He gave her a thumbs up, gesturing to the body of the Silver Dust member. She briefly wondered why he couldn’t just stop whistling that goddamn tune and say something to her, but remembered that he had manipulated, or at least done something to the barrel of the gun, and he was probably paying the price for that. It was an annoying restitution, for sure, but at least it wasn't painful, the girl thought, pinching the bridge of her nose. No normal person could be that nonchalant after killing someone. Ceara had killed before, but it definitely wasn’t her favorite thing to do, and she avoided doing it if she really didn’t have to. Hands shoved in pockets, she sighed. It was necessary, she knew that, but it didn’t make it any easier.

Hoss nudged her with his shoulder then, and she looked up to meet his eyes, understanding what he meant by the gesture. Ceara gave him a soft smile in response before turning her eyes forward. Despite everything that had happened, they were okay. They were done, finished with the mission, and came out unharmed. Well, mostly unharmed. Her eyes flicked to his hand, covered by the bloody newspapers. It really wasn’t as bad as it looked, or at least she hoped.

They walked on for a bit more without saying anything, Hoss still whistling. As they passed by an entrance to the Metro, she stopped, the adrenaline from her fight and the whole night in general completely gone at this point, leaving her body feeling drained. “Um...I know HQ isn’t really that far from here, but I think… I’m just going to take the train. Don’t feel like walking.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:46 pm

The walk had been more or less an appreciated one as they made their way along. It was just a few minutes to the Metro where she had gone, and truth be told he felt like sitting and relaxing for awhile. He was already getting a headache from whistling the same song over and over. It was funny really, you think you'd get sick of a song and you do but when he whistled it was such a relief. Now, when he heard it outside of his restitution it annoyed him to no end and usually resulted in him breaking something as a result but he toned out his own whistling and instead used the time to concentrate on something else entirely.

“Um…I know HQ isn’t really that far from here, but I think… I’m just going to take the train. Don’t feel like walking.”

Hoss nodded as his whistling slowed to a stop. "Much better," he told her as his hand came up and rubbed at his cheeks which had grown a bit sore. He threw away the blood covered trash now that the wound was no longer bleeding. He sighed and made his way into the Metro alongside her as he moved toward the ticket booth. "I hate that song now. No matter what I do I can't whistle any other song either. So, what was all that back in the bar? It felt like we were doing some back and forth about what we thought about the other three but you couldn't hear them and you were sort of making judgment calls. What was that about?"

If she was doing it based on the tone of their voices he'd be really interested in learning how to do that. Maybe she was really familiar with nonverbal communication or she could have even been doing a cold read of their faces. There were so many aspects of it that actually didn't scream Harbinger that he wondered if it was just some human aspect. The only thing that had him wondering if it was her Harbinger mutation was the fact that she was so clearly a Harbinger by looking into her eyes. For all he knew she never had to use her ability once tonight.

He handed over enough credits for two tickets without thinking and held up two fingers quickly saying, "South District Terminal," before grabbing them and handing one over to Haze and making his way over toward where the train picked up.

Well, that's one mission complete. That and the starting mission, which thankfully was much worse than this one. I hope most of my missions have this little of injury.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:17 pm

“So, what was all that back in the bar? It felt like we were doing some back and forth about what we thought about the other three but you couldn't hear them and you were sort of making judgment calls. What was that about?"

She accepted the ticket with a mumbled word of thanks and followed him to the platform before responding. “Oh, that? Yeah that’s my ability. I, like,” she made a vague unhelpful gesture around her head. No matter how many times she tried explaining it, she couldn’t describe her power in words without making it seem cheesy. “I see a person’s emotions as a sort-of aura around their head, I guess? And its colors and the way it moves shows that person’s feelings. So I can tell if a person’s happy or sad, nervous or relaxed, and to a certain point if they’re lying.” She shrugged, shoving her hands in her pockets. “I’m sorry, I’m really bad at explaining this. But yeah, I was reading them, so I could kind of guess what was going on.”

The subway arrived then, rushing past them before slowing down, its doors opening with a ‘ding’. She stepped inside the mostly empty car, settling herself in the seat closest to the door, and continued. “After a while I’ve learned how to read a person by just body language alone.” Like how she could tell that he wasn’t lying about his ‘break up’ or whatever. “I get these fucking headaches and blurred vision and shit when I use my power, so I try not to use it too much. I did use it back there ‘cause, you know, there’s only so much you can get out of body language.”

Ceara sighed, closing her eyes and leaning her head against the wall behind her. “So what’s with you? I know that your restitution’s whistling that fucking song, but I couldn’t really see what you did with the gun back there.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:45 am

"Oh, that? Yeah that's my ability. I like, I see a person's emotions as a sort-of aura around their head, I guess? And its colors and the way it moves shows the person's feelings. So i can tell if a person's happy or sad, nervous or relaxed, and to a certain point if they're lying. I'm sorry, I'm really bad at explaining this. But yeah, I was reading them, so I could kind of guess what was going on." That made a lot of sense, sort of some weird way of just getting vibes off of a person. Judging their aura. Hoss knew a lot of guys and girls from school who were really into the idea that you should cleanse your aura after awhile and that each person carried different colors. The idea that this was true was interesting, or at least that it was true for her. Hoss wondered if Aura's really existed or if her Harbinger ability was just based off reading mental wavelengths in a synesthesia form where she interpreted it as seen colors rather than mental wavelengths or anything.

Probably something Lumine could tell me more about if she studied her. Then again, I would never suggest that, I hate having people take extended looks at me using my abilities and I have no intent on being studied by her or anyone else.

"That's really cool, Haze." He said as they stepped into the car. Hoss was excited for this mission's successful outcome, wondering exactly what would happen with them as he found a seat next to her.

"After a while I've learned how to read a person by just body language alone. I get these fucking headaches and blurred vision and shit when I use my power, so I try not to use it too much. I did use it back there 'cause, you know, there's only so much you can get out of body language. So what's with you? I know that your restitution's whistling that fucking song, but I couldn't really see what you did with the gun back there."

"I was turning it into a knife," Hoss said as he raised a throwing knife to view, "this knife to be exact. This exact knife right down to the molecule, the finger prints, all of it. I can sort of take something, and turn other stuff into that thing. Money's another common thing I'll make more of. Remember the museum? I was turning the floor into the water so that we could fall a story and escape easier."

He opened up his bag and leaned over the opening so that she could see the various scraps of clothing, newspaper, cotton, and plastic junk that was in the bag. "Raw materials, I keep them handy so I can make as many knives as I want. I was turning the gun material into a knife, it closed up the chamber and when they fired the bullet had nowhere to go, so the explosion, the pressure, all backfired. Projected the slide and shrapnel back into his face."

He closed up the bag and looked forward, stretching his arms before interlacing his fingers behind his head and stretching his back out slightly.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:52 pm

"I was turning it into a knife, this knife to be exact. This exact knife right down to the molecule, the finger prints, all of it. I can sort of take something, and turn other stuff into that thing. Money's another common thing I'll make more of. Remember the museum? I was turning the floor into the water so that we could fall a story and escape easier." He opened up the bag at his hip, letting her peek inside. So that’s why he had those newspapers before. She had thought it was weird, but at the time it wasn’t her most pressing concern. "Raw materials, I keep them handy so I can make as many knives as I want. I was turning the gun material into a knife, it closed up the chamber and when they fired the bullet had nowhere to go, so the explosion, the pressure, all backfired. Projected the slide and shrapnel back into his face."

Ceara leaned back, impressed. “That’s… pretty handy, and unfair, regarding the money. My power, on the other hand, is pretty fucking useless outside of certain situations,” she said. “Pfft, if I had yours I wouldn’t have to worry about dragging around a damn hammer anymore.”

She trailed off and leaned her head against the wall, fiddling with the ends of her hair. Well this is awkward… Honestly she couldn’t wait until they reported back. Who knows? She might be able to be promoted to an actual member; the mission was successful, and they would come back with a good enough amount of information.

She yawned, covering her mouth with a hand while checking the time on her phone with the other. Yeah, she needed some sleep. They wouldn’t arrive at the terminal in at least five or ten minutes, enough to doze off for a bit, so she shut her eyes, muttering something to Hoss about waking her up when they got there.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoss Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:10 am

"That's… pretty handy, and unfair, regarding the money. My power, on the other hand, is pretty fucking useless outside of certain situations. Pfft, if I had yours I wouldn't have to worry about dragging around a damn hammer anymore." She seemed to trail off as Hoss thought it over, not really replying. He never actually abused the money thing. He used it when he was short on dough and regularly sure but he didn't use it like all the time to get rich or anything. It'd draw too much attention and if the government ever discovered his abilities he was sure all of his finances would be seized and he would go belly up with literally the worst possible name you could imagine, unable to buy shit all without people making him sit for ten minutes.

He heard her mumble something about waking her up when they got to their stop or something but toned it out as he reached into the bottom of his bag and retrieved a copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales and began to read from that. Before long he looked over at the girl, and took his coat off, draping it over her so that she wouldn't get cold. He began to read again but this time slightly out loud. Not enough to project but just enough that maybe subconsciously she could hear the tale of the princess and her servant sent to a neighboring kingdom. The tale told how the servant completely overpowered the princess and made her to serve her in horrible and cruel ways until they got to the neighboring kingdom. The princess was made to serve the servant and the prince she was to marry until it was discovered by the prince who fell in love with the princess what had really happened.

It didn't have a good ending for the servant. Grimm's Fairy Tales never had any sort of beautiful happy ending. They were always twisted and bent stories of truth and horror in all honesty. Hoss felt it was the brutal honesty that attracted him to the stories. No deus ex machine, plenty of suiting punishments in some modern sense of irony. The train stop arrived and Hoss quickly wrote something down on a piece of paper, putting it down on his seat, grabbing his coat, and leaving without a word. Written on the note was a single message.

'This is for getting that waitress to smack me.'

He grinned as he stepped of the train, unsure of where she would end up but she should have known better than to fall asleep. The book tucked down deep into his bag he made his way to Solstice Headquarters. It seemed this fairy tale had ended, and it was time for the prince to make his heroic return home to claim his prize.

Mission successful.
Hoss
Hoss
C rank
C rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down