THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over An Empty Stomach - Aiden, Andrew ((complete))

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Over An Empty Stomach - Aiden, Andrew ((complete)) Empty Over An Empty Stomach - Aiden, Andrew ((complete))

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Andrew stifled a yawn, walking down a street in South district. He had been spending a lot of time down here between Ceara living in the district and joining Solstice. Currently though, he was just trying to keep warm and enjoy the sunlight before it faded in a couple of hours.

He winced at a sudden loud growl from his stomach, crossing one arm over his torso. He had run out of money a few days ago and hadn’t eaten since. He was getting to that point again, but he was definitely not going to pick someone’s pocket. That cop had gotten to him and now he was even more hesitant to do that than he had been before. And he wasn’t desperate enough to fall back on the other stuff just yet. Give it another day or two and he would be.

He let his hands fall to his sides again, just wandering down the street. He didn’t even have the energy to put up one of his smiles like he would normally be wearing or to move the way he normally did. Instead, he just looked ahead, not paying attention to where he was going or that he was apparently following someone or that it looked like he was staring at the same person.

Last edited by Andrew on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Over An Empty Stomach - Aiden, Andrew ((complete)) Empty Re: Over An Empty Stomach - Aiden, Andrew ((complete))

Post by AJ Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:41 pm

That ‘cop’, who just happened to be sipping on a much needed coffee after a harrowing full day shift, was pleasantly unwinding outside at a café terrace; watching the people pass by on their way home. It was fun, seeing the old folks hurrying home with eager faces to meet the ones who waited for them, the mothers picking up their children from school or a game-
Ah. Which reminded him, he needed to find a toy store before heading back himself.
One of the kids at the orphanage had gotten a bit too into the soccer game and ended up exploding the only ball they had. Luckily the only casualty was a grazed burn on Aiden’s part and a gouged sleeve. His arm was safely patched and gauzed but his shirt probably needed to be trashed. Too bad it was one of his favorites…But anyways, a toy store. Yes, he needed to buy a new soccer ball. And maybe a basketball too.

The man craned his neck from where he was sitting, trying to see over the herd of hair when a peculiar red mop caught his attention. Was it familiar? Possibly. Out of curiosity, Aiden distracted himself temporarily to take a closer look at why that head of red stuck out to him.

Oh. It was that kid. The one with the white haired girl. The harbinger cousins had managed to catch him off guard and pickpocket his wallet. Luckily he managed to reclaim it. But watching the teenager at the moment made Aiden uneasy as to whether the kid learned anything from their last encounter.

No way. He’s not gonna do it….is he? Only one way to find out.

Aiden wasn’t a mean spirited person but he still liked to have some good harmless fun. And with a chance like this, it was just too good to let slip. Besides, it would give him a good chance to check up on the kid.

Leaving his tip on the table, AJ deftly slid out of his chair and paced up to a couple steps behind the boy. Making sure the he hadn’t been noticed, Aiden slowly closed the distance; eventually walking right by his side. With a wide Chesire grin Aiden walked a couple yards further beside the boy before finally greeting,

“Well isn’t this a coincidence?”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Over An Empty Stomach - Aiden, Andrew ((complete)) Empty Re: Over An Empty Stomach - Aiden, Andrew ((complete))

Post by Andrew Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:40 pm

“Well isn’t this a coincidence?”

Andrew jerked in surprise at the voice that spoke up next to him, snapping out of the daze he had fallen into where his only concern had been putting one foot in front of the other. He turned, blinking several times to focus again, and looked at the person next to him. And how stupid had he been to lose track of where he was and what was going on around him? Groaning softly as he recognized the person, the cop from the other week, he tensed somewhat.

Speak of the devil... He sighed, moving toward the edge of the crowd as he spoke, "What do you want? Change your mind about making demands and I'm just the one you found first?" He really didn't have the energy for this or to pretend everything was okay. Then again, this guy didn't know how he normally was so he didn't need to worry about pretending. What he did need to worry about was the cop's ulterior motive.

Andrew leaned back against the building behind him, just watching the older man with tired, world-weary eyes, with a hint of that same distrust and wariness from last time.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:59 am

Success.
Did he manage to startle the kid? Yup.
Was the kid happy to see him? Judging by his reaction, probably not.
Either way, Aiden took it in stride as he followed the boy out of the crowd.

"What do you want? Change your mind about making demands and I'm just the one you found first?"

“Hahaha as special as you might be I don’t have the time to chase down small fry so relax.” Aiden took up standing opposite the kid and casually surveyed the crowd again. The cop could understand that it was only natural for the boy (actually what was his name? He should start with that) to be wary, probably more so after their previous encounter; but the level of paranoia that this kid had was a bit disconcerting; just what kind of people had he dealt with in the past?

“By chance I saw a familiar mop of red and decided I’d say hi and see how you’re doing. You know, normal things that people usually do,” He leaned back, easing his thumbs into his pockets while he matched the jaded gaze with his own aloof one. As Aiden tipped his head back, breathing in the potpourri that made up the city. Oh, was that pizza? He snapped his head upright.

“I have a better idea.” The older man pushed himself off from the wall and took a few steps towards the sidewalk, searching for the source of possible lasagna delight. Found it. Looking over his shoulder, Aiden gave a boyish grin as he asked,” Instead of loitering around here why not we catch up over a bite to eat? I don’t know about you but I could do with some good Italian cooking right now.”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Relax? Yeah, not happening. He had been as relaxed as could be expected before the other man had shown up.

“By chance I saw a familiar mop of red and decided I’d say hi and see how you’re doing. You know, normal things that people usually do.” He started looking around for something. Company maybe? “I have a better idea. Instead of loitering around here why not we catch up over a bite to eat? I don’t know about you but I could do with some good Italian cooking right now.”

Andrew let out a soft scoff. "Ignoring that we've already determined I'm not normal, what makes you think I believe you? That you actually give a damn about someone who was involved with trying to steal from you?" He pushed off the wall himself, letting his arms drop and ignoring the growl his stomach let out. Food sounded great, but he wasn't going to think that was all it would be. He took a step closer so he could lower his voice and the only one who would hear him would be the man he was talking to. "Why don't we just cut the bullshit and you can take me where ever, do what ever, pay me if you want, and go our merry ways? I don't have the energy or the patience right now to go through the ruse of being on a date just so you can feel better about yourself." He just glared at man, waiting on his reaction.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:30 pm

"Ignoring that we've already determined I'm not normal, what makes you think I believe you? That you actually give a damn about someone who was involved with trying to steal from you?"

Geez this kid was tough to crack. Aiden simply shook his head as he waited for the boy to catch up.

“And if I said yes…?” He was testing uncharted waters here. “Look, if I had anything against you I wouldn’t exactly be going up to you all friendly like this. But I don’t. I’m not even mad about last time. As hard as it may be for you to believe, this is just how I am. So let’s let bygones be bygones and grab a bite.” While waiting, Aiden decided to check the damage on his arm by raising it for a stretch when, he heard a small growl coming from the boy…

He smirked at the familiar sound of a hungry gut. Although the boy was still stubborn on his suspicions, his stomach thought otherwise. “Looks like your friend agrees,” nodding towards his stomach.

"Why don't we just cut the bullshit and you can take me where ever, do what ever, pay me if you want, and go our merry ways? I don't have the energy or the patience right now to go through the ruse of being on a date just so you can feel better about yourself."

For a second Aiden stared doe eyed in surprise. Then he let out a laugh. And he laughed. And he couldn’t stop laughing. This kid…what cheek. Finally, wiping one of his eyes, the man kept up his good humor and gave a brotherly pat on the kid’s shoulder.

“Ahaha, straight to the point huh? I like that. Come on. You can pig out on whatever you want to your heart’s content and then we'll send you on your way. My treat, of course.”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:22 pm

If he said yes and meant it, Andrew would probably laugh in his face. He definitely wouldn't believe the man. And no one was that... unaffected by things. And he couldn't, wouldn't, believe someone who claimed that. Plus, him coming up to him "all friendly like this" could be to cover a number of reasons. For all Andrew knew, the other man wanted to drag him somewhere, kill him, and feast on his flesh, and not in a good way either - not there really is a good way once the person is dead.

The laughter was definitely unexpected. Was he not used to being seen through like that, or just that Andrew was being so blunt?

“Ahaha, straight to the point huh? I like that. Come on. You can pig out on whatever you want to your heart’s content and then we'll send you on your way. My treat, of course.”

His treat, huh? Yeah, Andrew bet it would be. He couldn't contain the scoff or eye roll at that. After that glance earlier and the touch just now, Andrew knew he wasn't being straight forward. That, or this guy was being really friggin' oblivious, but that couldn't be it. If he used to be a cop, shouldn't he realize what the redhead was getting at? No, he would, so that meant he was toying with Andrew and, from that smile, enjoying it.

Andrew sighed, shoulders slumping, and followed the man. He had a feeling that he didn't really have much choice in the matter.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Leading the way to the pizzeria, Aiden couldn’t help but be content with himself for this small accomplishment. Just the other week the kid had been as hostile as a cornered dog and probably wouldn’t have even entertained the idea of eating out with the cop. And yet here he was now, walking along, a bit begrudgingly, but walking with him nonetheless. It was a small step, but a step nonetheless in gaining his trust. Ah the magic of food. It made things so easy, almost too easy.

Although without looking Aiden could tell the boy was still following, he would occasionally glance over just to make sure the kid was still there.

That’s weird

The red head was being way too quiet for his usual self, not that the man knew what the boy’s normal disposition was. But based on their previous meeting, this kid was one helluva spitfire and should’ve been hissing at him like the smart aleck that he was.The fact that there was a sudden silence made Aiden a bit uneasy, so he tried to lighten the mood.

“So….” What was he supposed to say to a stranger he pretty much dragged out to eat by tooth and nail? Why couldn’t he think of anything for small talk? The weather? Eh, too cliché.

“What do you go by?”

“So I can stop calling you kid.” He clarified.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:48 pm

He was starting to feel a bit of irritation at how the man kept glancing back at him. Did he think Andrew was just going to take off now or vanish? He had already agreed to it.

“So…. What do you go by? So I can stop calling you kid.”

Well, he couldn't say that they often asked his name. Actually, he was pretty sure that had only happened a handful of times in the roughly four years he had been doing this. He sighed softly. The only ones who asked his name usually wanted to have multiple hook-ups. It just figured, didn't it? He knew there was something this guy had wanted. "Andrew." And it's not like telling him his first name really mattered overly much. It wasn't like he was the only Andrew in the city.

Seeing that the other man apparently wanted to chat, he sighed again, giving Aiden a dull look. Why did he have to be one of those guys who wanted to play at being a happy couple? Or was he one of those guys who wanted to show off that he had 'tamed' a harbinger, that he had one as a pet? And did they really have to go through all this? Why couldn't they just skip all the pretending crap and just head for the bedroom, or where ever, and get it out of the way so Andrew could go back to wandering around?
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Wow. An honest reply in one try? Well, given there were who-knows-how-many Andrews in South District alone, it could’ve been just a general name the kid thought up of at the top of his head. But judging by his sullen demeanor, Aiden didn’t think he was in the mood to put up a front. Besides, the only way to check if he was given a pseudonym or not was to press further and ask for a last name. And although Aiden wanted to ask, something about the kid was becoming a bigger concern. What was with the sudden mood swing?

The small bell overhead jingled as Aiden held the door open for Andrew, relishing in the warmth and aroma coming from the kitchen as the younger boy passed by. Although the place was a small diner, the decorations gave it a homey touch. It reminded him of all the times he would go eat out late at night with his work buddies to some sports bar or other, goofing around and just being guys, like brothers. Actually, asides from his cousin, did Andrew have those kinds of friends?

Going up to the counter, Aiden grabbed a menu as he said, “Here, don’t hold back and order as much as you like. You can grab us a table while I pay.”

Aiden took his time going back, looking at all the myriad of photos that covered the walls. He decided to give the boy some time away from him, even if it was only for a couple of minutes, hoping that it might cheer him up. It wasn’t exactly like the cop was a welcomed guest.

When Aiden finally sat down, he didn’t say anything; just looking around the room and avoiding eye contact. Waiting. No cynical remark on how this looked like a stupid date? Alright, something was definitely wrong.

“Hey,” He stared pointedly at Andrew, examining his expression. “You’re being awfully quiet today. You okay?”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Andrew's back stiffened when the door was held open for him, he didn't mind walking next to or behind the guy since it meant he could keep an eye on him, but in front of him? He had no idea what the other was going to do. He forced himself to let go of that tenseness though. It wouldn't help in the long run, just drain more energy that he couldn't afford to lose.

“Here, don’t hold back and order as much as you like. You can grab us a table while I pay.”

Andrew glanced over it. Half of it would be a bad idea to eat since he hadn't eaten in a long enough time that heavy things would be more likely to come back up instead of getting digested. "Uh... Spaghetti with a side salad and water please. Thank you," he ordered, flashing a smile at the worker. He didn't know if he actually eat the pasta, but the salad should be fine.

He picked a table near one of the walls, taking the seat closer to the doors. Yeah, it might put his back to some of the room, but since there were other people there, it should be safe enough. And the few minutes of separation didn't do much to relax Andrew, instead it gave him the time to imagine all the things that the older man might be planning to do.

“Hey, you’re being awfully quiet today. You okay?”

Green eyes looked up from where his hands were loosely clasped on the table. "Yeah, fine." Like he'd say any differently.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Aiden leaned his cheek against a propped hand as he tilted his head to the side in a manner of doubt. Should he pry more? Well it’s not like they were going anywhere anytime soon…and if the kid managed to stay this long; he was probably willing to stick around for a while longer, at least, not until he finished eating.

"Yeah, fine."

“Hmm, is that so,” Aiden replied as he chewed on his straw. Obviously he was not fine; he just wasn’t in the mood to open up. It was hard to tell what was going through the kid’s mind when he was being so quiet. Rather, Aiden preferred when he was being the angry loudmouth that he was; it made it easier to read him when he was riled up, at least then the emotions he bared showed some degree of sincerity.

The dinner went on quietly for the most part with Aiden asking a couple of harmless questions every now and then. He kept it simple, because if Andrew didn't want to talk, he wasn't going to force too much of a conversation.

“So I’m guessing you live around here?” He asked as he took a breadstick.

“You want a bite? It’s pretty good.” Aiden held up a square of lasagna, offering to place it on the boy’s plate.

“You work? What kinda job you do?”

Hmm, might as well go for the kill.

“Alright, something’s off and you’re not telling me. Did I do something to make you on edge? Well, besides from what happened last time…I’m missing something, right?” Hopefully he wasn't going to be told that he was some delusional idiot.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Andrew took a sip of his water, mostly staring at the table, or their food when it arrived. He just couldn't bring himself to look at the man (and if he had been so interested in Andrew's name, why hadn't he given his own? Usually the people who wanted to pretend to be a happy couple made damn sure he knew it and made him use it during sex. It was just reminding him of the one time his name had been asked but a return one hadn't been given - the guy had tried to kill him and cut out his eyes, not necessarily in that order either).

“So I’m guessing you live around here?”

He tossed a short glance up. "In a manner of speaking." He didn't really live anywhere, more like everywhere.

“You want a bite? It’s pretty good.”

"No thanks." He hadn't even touched his own pasta and was slowly making his way through the salad, not wanting to upset his stomach, so what made him think that he'd want any of the other's food? But wasn't that just all cute and lovey-dovey?

“You work? What kinda job you do?”

That got a reaction from Andrew. He lifted his head to glare at Aiden, forcing a brittle, bitter smile. Son of a bitch. He knew damn well what else Andrew did so he wasn't going to say it. "I run deliveries when I can."

“Alright, something’s off and you’re not telling me. Did I do something to make you on edge? Well, besides from what happened last time… I’m missing something, right?”

This entire acting thing was getting old, real fast, and it was getting on his nerves too. The redhead dropped his fork with a soft clatter and glowered. "Can we just go? I can't say that I have much of an appetite." Was that enough of a hint for him now? Andrew didn't like playing the good little boyfriend or pet and hated to feel like he was put on display. He'd really rather just get used then tossed out instead of being teased with hints of something that would never happen with anyone.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:54 am

Pit. Pat. Pit. Pat.

Soft droplets began tapping outside the window, filling a pause of silence for two diners sitting inside.

Somehow the series of questions had slowly circled and breached at the heart of the matter before the last question triggered a minefield of a reaction, obliterating the heart of the matter Aiden had worked so hard to get at. Instead he merely raised bemused eyebrows at the sudden lash out of the teenager. So there was something. But what?

"Can we just go? I can't say that I have much of an appetite."

Calmly, Aiden patted the corner of his mouth before folding the napkin down onto the table. No use in pressuring him now.

“Alright, suit yourself.” He dropped a couple bills as he pushed himself out of the chair.

Pit. Pat. Pit. Pat.

As they headed out, Aiden tried deducing possible options in his head for what could have crawled under Andrew’s skin. Everything had being going smoothly (well, as smoothly as two strangers having an awkward dinner could get) until…until…what was it…ah! Until he had asked about work. That scathing smile was still vivid in Aiden’s mind as he recalled the sarcastic reply that followed. So he was a delivery boy, which basically meant he was self-employed. That made sense; it was rare for a person like Andrew to be hired as if nothing was wrong. But he had mentioned ‘when I can’…Did that mean he did other jobs to meet ends meet (besides pick pocketing)? Probably. Alright that was a start. Now Aiden just had to figure out what kind of jobs a grown teen could do that would make him reluctant to share…something in the underground?

They hadn’t made it far from the shop when the man suddenly remembered an errand he was supposed to run.

“Aw shoot…” Aiden slapped a hand to his forehead. “You don’t mind if we make a stop by the toy store do you? It’ll be quick. I just need to pick something up…”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Andrew made sure to get the food packed up - appetite or no, he wasn't about to let perfectly good food go to waste. Either this guy could eat it or Andrew could give it to someone else who would appreciate it since he doubted he'd ever eat it, not when taking everything into consideration.

Before they left the restaurant, the redhead tugged on his sweat jacket, pulling up the hood so he wouldn't get completely soaked. He bet that it was a cold rain and that he was going to get sick because of this. Maybe... Maybe he shouldn't complain about things taking so long. Yeah, dragging it out was just setting him on edge, but if this guy wanted to go slow, and went slow enough, maybe Andrew would have somewhere he could stay out of the rain. And if the impression he was getting was right, the cop would probably want to cuddle or something to keep up his own illusion of them dating and Andrew could actually spend the night in a bed.

He trailed after Aiden, just a half step or so behind and to the side, one hand in his pocket while the other carried the container of spaghetti.

“You don’t mind if we make a stop by the toy store do you? It’ll be quick. I just need to pick something up…”

Andrew glanced over. "No. I'll wait outside." Because really, what was the point in going in? Plus, he really didn't want to know what kind of 'toys' the older man wanted to get.

It was a bit of a pleasant surprise when the toy store he wanted to stop at turned out to be an actual toy store. What, did he have kids or something? And wouldn't that be awkward? "Hey kids, this is Daddy's friend, Andrew. You watch TV out here while we go talk in the bedroom." Unless they didn't live with him, then it wouldn't be as bad.

Andrew huffed, hunching in on himself as he leaned against the wall, waiting for the ex-cop to come back out. Yeah, now would have been the perfect time to take off, but the guy had technically bought him dinner so he should stay and see things through. Catching sight of an older man, clearly homeless and even thinner than Trevor, Andrew walked over and gave him the spaghetti. It was still warm too so that would be a nice change for him.

He turned to go back to where he had been waiting, but stopped short when he saw Aiden watching him. He turned faintly red and dropped his gaze before moving over again. "You get what you needed to?" he asked, really hoping that the other man wouldn't comment about what Andrew had just done.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Not wanting to keep his company waiting, Aiden darted inside the old toy store and decided to save time by asking a worker where the sports equipments were. And to not waste time over debating what to pick over what, the man decided to let his wallet loose for this one time (besides, it was going for a good cause) and without another thought, bought the staple classics of recreational activity: a Frisbee, soccer ball, basketball, and football…oh, and some chalks. The kids would like that. Call it a soft spot but when it came to the orphanage kids, Aiden never thought any amount spent as wasted.

Quite pleased with his purchase, the man jaunted out with a bag that could rival Santa’s, whistling merrily to himself. Now all that was left to do was to find Andrew and head ou-

That’s strange….where did he go?

Aiden was sure that Andrew had been standing right outside the shop door when he went in. But scanning around the area, the boy was nowhere to be found. He couldn’t have ditched him could he…? Would he? As hostile as the boy may have been acting, Aiden didn’t think it was to the point where the redhead would be disgusted enough to bolt at the first chance he got. Well, maybe he had held his hopes too high…Aiden had checked the adjacent alleys and was about to turn back when a movement flickered in the corner of his eyes. He turned his head in time to catch sight of the familiar teenager with another person...in time to catch sight of said teenager handing over his to-go box over to the ragged old man.

Huh, so the kid does have a soft side. Aiden watched on silently as a small smile crept across his lips. As Andrew returned to where Aiden stood, the cop couldn’t help but let the smirk widen into a grin when he noticed the bashful head duck lower, trying to avoid his gaze. There was a bit of a pause before the younger male broke the silence.

"You get what you needed to?"

“Yup, all done. So how far do you live from here? I can dro-“A clap of thunder erased the rest of his sentence. What was once a light drizzle had instantly become a heavy downpour.

“You know what, how about you come over to my place? It’s pretty close from here…”

There was no way Aiden was going to leave the kid stranded in this torrent.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 am

Andrew twitched in surprise at the sudden thunder and pouring rain. He groaned softly. Well, wasn't this just great? At least it stopped him from having to admit that he didn't actually have a place or needing to break in somewhere. And he definitely wasn't going to use Ceara's place just to throw off some guy (and he still didn't know this one's name. But did he really want to? Or had he been told it and forgotten?). The last time he had told someone he didn't have anywhere to live hadn't gone over too well either. Well, things had been fine at first, him staying there, but then a collar had been gotten for him and they had tried to lock him in a closet. He had gone out the window because of that.

At the offer of a place to stay, he nodded. He had just been thinking about that, kind of wanting the offer to be made. One night should be safe enough though. And he was already figuring on them going to his place. It should be more comfortable than an alley would be.

Andrew followed the other man down the street and up to his place, staying close as the wind picked up. He just watched as the door was unlocked and they went in, turning toward Aiden once they were inside.

Now what?
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:01 am

On his way in, a couple of letters carelessly stuffed inside the door’s mail slot had left a bit of a crack, leaving a small puddle that welcomed the two men in as they entered the house. Picking up the damp mail, Aiden quickly leafed through them before setting them down onto the kitchen table next the window. Call it tidiness, or OCD, but as nice as it may have been to invite the kid in for some shelter against the rain, Aiden was not about to do anything until the first order of business was accomplished; which was to get everything dry… the floor as well (before anyone slipped).

“Wait here.” The owner of the house set down his recent purchase of sporting goods and turned on his heels, heading down the hallway before disappearing off into a small room. It wasn’t long before Aiden emerged again, with three neatly folded towels in tow. “Dry yourself off first,” Tossing one to Andrew and dropping one near the entrance floor, he hung the third one around his neck as he concentrated on drying the wooden floorboards first. After that was done, Aiden looked up to see Andrew still standing in the same spot he had left him, in a stupor.

“What are you doing? You’re gonna catch a cold like that,” Aiden sighed. Just when he thought he had the kid figured out…Regardless, the man thought better of it and instead picked up the damp towel off the floor and retraced his steps back down the hall; this time motioning for Andrew to follow. Leading the short way around the corner, Aiden turned to face the teen; tilting his head to the door on his right.

“Go ahead and take a shower while I get you something dry to wear.”
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 am

Andrew hadn't been expecting an actual house, even if it was just a brick row house. Most people just lived in apartments - it was cheaper. He just kind of looked at the other in surprise. Hell, he didn't even look old enough to afford a house.

A little surprised to be told to wait then given a towel, he nodded. No point in tracking water all over the place. He started to absently dry his hair, watching the other sop up the water on the floor. Realizing that his shoes were soaked through (not surprising considering the holes they were developing; he needed to replace them soon, especially with winter on the way), he toed them off and nudged them to the side so no one would trip on them. He also slipped his bag off, holding it in one hand and the towel in the other.

“What are you doing? You’re gonna catch a cold like that.”

What? Yeah, maybe, if he didn't dry off, but that usually took longer than he had been wet. He followed the other down the hall, expecting to be led to the bedroom so they could just get this over with. He switched the towel to the hand holding his bag and tugged off his shirt, juggling his stuff around to do so. With his shirt off, the mostly faded bruising and handful of faint scars that were sporadic over his skin were revealed. A couple of the scars looked to have been caused by small blades, but most of them were small circular burns, the kind you would expect from a cigarette being put out on someone’s skin, and the majority of those were on his back.

“Go ahead and take a shower while I get you something dry to wear.”

He looked at Aiden, eyebrows raised in disbelief. What? What was the point in that when... Did he think Andrew never showered or something?

Andrew scowled lightly and stalked toward the older man. Was he really going to pretend that he didn’t want what the redhead knew he did?

He pushed the other against the wall. "I am sick of this stupid game. You had your fun. No one is watching now. So, can we just finish this?" And still with the blank look. Well, since he hadn’t said what he wanted or how he wanted to do things, Andrew was going to assume the smallest and go from there.

With that thought, the harbinger hit his knees, hands quickly and expertly (enough so to show that this wasn’t the first time he had done this) removing the ex-cop’s belt and opening his pants.

Last edited by Andrew on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:01 pm

To turn around and see that Andrew had already taken off his shirt was a mild surprise.

To turn around and see faint traces of bruises and scars (from fights?) scattered throughout the boy’s body was an understandable surprise.

To suddenly be pushed against his own wall and have said redhead unfastening his pants was….a shocking surprise. No scratch that. It was just plain WTF.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Aiden reacted with lightning speed, grabbing the boy’s wrists and shoving him away. For awhile, the man simply stood there bewildered, trying to process what the hell just happened. And suddenly the mental light bulb went on, Aiden finally got it.

He slapped a palm to his forehead, mainly at his own slowness on the uptake. Now everything made sense. From the boy’s suspicion upon their first encounter, that impatient attitude through dinner, his balk at the mention of a toy store (oh god did that really happen?), even those scars…everything leading up to now Andrew had been under the assumption that he was out for a service. Was this supposed to be embarrassing? Pitiful? It was definitely awkward. On the bright side, now the two of them were on the same page. But Aiden wouldn’t have been in the mood to hear that. Instead, it was clear that there had been a misunderstanding this entire time and he needed to sort it out. Now.

“For the last time, I don’t want, nor did I ever want, anything in return from you; or your cousin. And definitely not this. I guess I was a little slow on what you were getting at so I apologize,” He made a heavy sigh. “But just to make it clear, I’m not one of those guys. I mean what I say and say what I mean. You can trust me on this.”

Rubbing his temples, Aiden took the unused towel from around his neck and tossed it over the boy’s head. Then he walked away. He figured some time and space away from each other was much needed at the moment. At least for him it was.
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 pm

“What do you think you’re doing?!”

Andrew grunted in surprise when his wrists were grabbed and he was shoved away, falling back against the opposing wall. He flinched and closed his eyes, expecting to be hit or kicked or something. Okay, so the entire acting thing was really important to this guy. Right, he'd remember that.

“For the last time, I don’t want, nor did I ever want, anything in return from you; or your cousin. And definitely not this. I guess I was a little slow on what you were getting at so I apologize. But just to make it clear, I’m not one of those guys. I mean what I say and say what I mean. You can trust me on this.”

Andrew's eyes popped open at that and he stared up at the other. What? Trust him? Why the hell would he do that? He yanked the towel back off of his head, surprised that he was just being left there. Wasn't he concerned that Andrew might decide to steal something? And what the hell had just happened?

He scrambled to his feet, following the older man. "Hey, hang on!" he called, letting both towels fall and leaving his bag and shirt there in the hall. "If you didn't want sex, which I don't believe because you sure as hell were acting like some of the others have, then what do you want? And don't say that you don't want anything, because that's a load of bullshit. No one ever does something out of the goodness of their hearts. They always want something. Everyone is always out for themselves." Cynical much?
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Aiden was planning to ignore the boy, hoping instead that he would get the hint and do as he was told, but no. That was not going to happen. As the teen stood in front of him, blocking his way, Aiden tried to veer around him. Nope. Blocked. Then to the left. Nope. It was becoming a quickly learned fact that Andrew was quite the stubborn kid. The kind of kid who was set in getting answers, and getting things done his way.

And Aiden thought HE overanalyzed things…It was a bit sad that someone as young as him was already exposed so harshly to the realities of the world. The amount of hostility held in those words spoke measures more than Andrew was letting on but Aiden got the hint. He was kid who probably hadn’t been shown a shred of kindness in his life. With tired eyes, he waited for the boy’s ragged breaths to calm down before replying,”Well believe it or not kiddo there’s still another side of the world you haven’t seen yet then. But to put in terms you’d understand, I already have everything I need. Besides, even if you wanted to, it’s not like there’s much you could offer me…” He gave a quick nod to Andrew’s appearance. Aiden was self-sufficient, he had his own place and a job he loved; taking anything from the boy would feel like stealing for him, “At least, nothing I’d be interested in. My point being, the only thing that I want is to help people.”

Last edited by AJ on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cause apparently i don't proofread)
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Andrew's scowl grew as the man (why could he not remember his freaking name?) kept trying to step around him. He really didn't care how absurd of a picture they made, pseudo-dancing around the way they were. At least he finally stopped, enabling Andrew to just stop and stand there, glaring at him. And why the hell was he getting so worked up? Even if he was telling the truth and didn't actually want anything, that was just one person out of however many in the city alone. It wasn't like one person could do much of anything.

His eye twitched minutely at being called 'kiddo'. He wasn't a kid for fuck's sake, and hated being called one. And then he was blinking in surprise. "It’s not like there’s much you could offer me… At least, nothing I’d be interested in." Ouch, that was a low blow. Yeah, Andrew hadn't been thrilled with the idea, but to be basically told that you wouldn't be touched for anything... That just reminded him of his parents.

Andrew took a step back and to the side, expression closing off as he swept an arm out in a mocking bow. "Then by all means, I'll get out of your hair so you can keep... 'helping' people." And with that, he brushed past the older man, intending to get his things and leave, downpour or not.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:18 am

Perhaps the last remark had done some damage he wasn’t intending. Aiden stayed where he stood as he watched Andrew pass by him, retreating back down the hall. Seeing the redhead pack up his things there was a slight debate over whether the man should let his guest go on his way, back out into the storm, or find a way to convince him to stay. As uncomfortable as things have gotten between the two, Andrew had made it this far (even if it was by a misunderstood reluctance); it would be wasted effort to let it go for naught.

“The ‘people’ I was referring to includes you,” He pivoted on his heel, obstructing the hallway. Maybe it would never happen, maybe it would take a long time, but so long as there was a sliver of a chance for the former cop to show the streetwise boy that he really did mean well and actually cared about him, he would keep trying. And like that the sidestepping waltz was reversed, this time with Andrew trying to get around, and Aiden matching step to stay in his way. Even if Andrew tried tackling through, there was a difference in size and power that held in Aiden’s favor (and besides, he’d been bulldozed by much bigger opponents than the teen, he could handle it). When the harbinger boy finally gave up, Aiden tried another appeal, “If you want to pay me back, whether for last time, or the dinner, do it by going back in there and washing up and stay for the night. At least give me that peace of mind.”

Last edited by AJ on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wing i love you)
AJ
AJ
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:08 am

Andrew huffed in aggravation, trying to step around Aiden. This was ridiculous. Twice in almost as many minutes? What the hell? He stopped to glare up at the other man. He wanted to go, the other didn't want him here. What the hell was the problem?

“If you want to pay me back, whether for last time, or the dinner, do it by going back in there and washing up and stay for the night. At least give me that peace of mind.”

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, so you can change your mind half way through the night? And your peace of mind? What about mine? Dude, I don't even know what your name is, which when you think about it, is pretty damn rude since I did tell you mine. So just move and I'll leave and you won't have to pretend to tolerate me anymore. That work for you because it sure as hell works for me," he snapped, reaching out to shove the taller man aside.

And in a quick flurry of movement, Andrew found himself restrained, his arms pinned to his sides and his back to Aiden's chest. Well, fuck. He struggled for a little, trying to free himself, before giving up and sagging slightly, body tensing. And his head was starting to pound. That salad hadn't done much for him and he was still tired. He was just starting to run on fumes now.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next