THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aid of a Different Sort -- Ceara, Lisa ((complete))

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aid of a Different Sort -- Ceara, Lisa ((complete)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aid of a Different Sort -- Ceara, Lisa ((complete))

Post by Ceara Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 am

Ceara had caught sight of the final number on the check, and her brow lifted when Lisa put down way more credits than that amount on the table. She didn't question the large tip though, figuring that the doctor was simply just that nice in everything she did and wondering why most doctors weren't like her.

"I live in West so we can either walk there or try and catch a bus."

The younger woman blinked and nodded. "That isn't a problem." And Lisa was right, she wouldn't have accepted her paying for the cad ride. In fact- "I think it'll be easier for us to take a cab, though. I'll pay for it, it's fine." She hadn't even finished her sentence before her hand was up and flagging down a taxi. Ceara waited for Lisa to tell the driver her address before answering her questions. "Ceara Cole Shay, 19, I think O, no allergies that I know of, I... don't think so. And a few minor broken bonds, small concussions, and knife wounds, but nothing too serious, I think." Her lips lifted slightly as she recounted her injuries. There were surprisingly few of them, at least in comparison to most people who had been on the streets as long as she had. It probably wasn't something to smile about, actually, but she did anyway.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Aid of a Different Sort -- Ceara, Lisa ((complete)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aid of a Different Sort -- Ceara, Lisa ((complete))

Post by Lisa Fri May 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Lisa protested Ceara's paying for the cab since she was rather certain the younger woman didn't have the resources for it. Or, at least not on a regular basis. "Really, it isn't any trouble for me. I'd be paying for the ride anyway," she said even though she knew it wouldn't sway the girl any. Futile effort or not, that didn't mean she couldn't still make the attempt.

She nodded as she wrote in a typical doctor's scrawl - barely legible - and waited until they were in her home, a decently sized semi-detached home with three floors. It wasn't too wide, but it was a good depth to fit everything.

When they were settled in her 'office', Lisa asked her next set of questions, pausing long enough for Ceara to answer before moving on to the next. "Do you smoke, consume alcohol, or use any other drugs on a regular basis? Do you partake in any behavior that would be considered risky? Are you sexually active?" She made sure to keep her eyes focused on the file she was filling in.
Lisa
Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Wed May 08, 2013 12:36 am

She snorted and shook her head, pulling out her wallet as they approached the woman's house. "Really, I insist. You paid for dinner, so let me do this. It's fine, I can afford to do this," she added when she saw Lisa's face. It was very nice for the woman to worry about her economic state, but Ceara fought for a reason, and that was so she could be independent enough to do this sort of thing. She wanted to be able to take care of herself and that she now could was something she took pride in.

She quietly followed Lisa into her home, eyes taking in the room before Ceara sat down in the chair across from the other woman, crossing her legs. "Do you smoke, consume alcohol, or use any other drugs on a regular basis? Do you partake in any behavior that would be considered risky? Are you sexually active?"

Ceara flushed slightly, silently thankful that she was paying attention to the paper in front of her. "I don't drink or smoke or do any of that other stuff... But yes to the other two questions. Often enough." The girl glanced down at a soft mewl coming from around her feet, blinking at the sight of the scruffy looking cat before reaching down to gently rub her head, smiling.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Wed May 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Lisa glanced over when she heard her cat, a corner of her mind wondering how the other woman would react to the feline's appearance. After all, one of her bright amber eyes was missing, as was her front left leg and half her tail. Her somewhat mangled appearance was offsetting for a lot of people, which was unfortunate because she really was a sweet cat. It wasn't her fault that she had only her right eye to compensate and squinted it into a glare a good bit of the time.

The doctor laughed softly when the cat crouched then leaped into Ceara's lap. "This is Delilah," she introduced, standing and plucking the cat up. "And you know you're not allowed in here. You can say hello when we're done," she said to the cat, tucking her into one arm and smiling at the pitiful meow. "Here, Ceara," was next and one of those paper gowns was held out. "Change into this then call when you're ready and I'll finish the exam."

Closing the door behind her, Lisa crossed the room to set Delilah on top of her cat tree. Moving into the kitchen, she started the coffee to brewing then returned when she heard the younger woman call out. The exam was finished quickly and professionally and when it was done, Lisa slipped from the room again so that the harbinger could dress again. Out in the kitchen again, she poured two mugs of coffee and set one out for Ceara.
Lisa
Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun May 12, 2013 1:17 am

Ceara laughed in surprise at the sudden weight on her lap, smiling and smoothing over the cat's back. Delilah's straggly appearance didn't deter her; if she had learned anything about animals, it was that most of them were very nice if you respected them. And the cat was very sweet tempered, if she was willing to come up to a compete stranger. "Bye, Delilah," the girl said as she accepted the gown, wiggling her fingers at the cat.

She stripped and put it on quickly, calling out for the doctor like she said to when she finished. Ceara would be lying if she said she was comfortable with the procedure, but Lisa was trustworthy and professional and she could bear her discomfort long enough for the woman to finish. Minutes later, she was dressed and joined Lisa in the kitchen, accepting the coffee with a smile and taking a seat at the table. Delilah jumped into her lap again and she laughed, scratching behind her ear. "Hello. She is very affectionate, isn't she?" She looked up to meet the other woman's eyes. "What happened to her?"
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Sun May 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Delilah purred loudly, her whole body vibrating as she walked around on Ceara's lap, brushing her side against the girl's stomach and headbutting her chest.

"Oh, yes, she is. Though, she does enjoy glaring at my boyfriend and generally making him feel... Oh, how did he put it? 'Like he was in a horror movie and she's debating the best way to rip his throat out'." She smiled a bit and laughed. "He can be a bit... dramatic at times. Delilah also likes to try to make my tenant's boyfriend sneeze. Poor boy has asthma," she said before shrugging a little. "And honestly, I'm not sure. I think she was attacked by a pack of stray dogs. Her leg was so badly injured that amputation was really the only option." Setting the sugar and a small thing of cream on the table, Lisa sat across from Ceara. "That was two years ago and I've had her since."

Delilah abandoned Ceara's lap in favor of climbing onto the table and going to sniff at the cream. Lisa gently plucked her up and set her on the floor with a light rebuke, saying to the cat that she knew better.
Lisa
Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat May 18, 2013 12:40 pm

She laughed at the headbutt and gently rubbed the cat's head. Delilah purred, nuzzling against her hand. She really was adorable, no matter her actual physical appearance. "Poor Delilah. But everything's alright now, isn't it?" She directed the question to the cat, who obviously didn't respond, meowing softly and leaping up onto the table. When she was placed on the ground, Delilah didn't hesitate to pace, rubbing against both the women's legs.

"Wish I could get a cat or dog, but neither me or my roommate have the time to take care of one, not to mention how small our apartment is. I have a bird though, that Andrew got me for Christmas." She grimaced slightly at the thought of Andrew, knowing that she should apologize for that night. "She doesn't make that much noise, which is good, but she does enjoy nibbling my earrings when she's on my shoulder."

Ceara took the sugar and cream and added a little of both into her mug, stirring before taking a sip, smiling. "So, Doc, is everything alright with me? Regarding my physical, I mean."
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 am

Lisa smiled and nodded, speaking to answer for her pet. "Oh, yes. She's perfectly healthy and more active than one would think considering her physical state. In fact, she's rather more active than a lot of cats of a similar age and breed." She sent a soft smile toward Ceara. "Cats are rather adept at taking care of themselves. So long as you make sure that there's food and clean water available and make sure to clean the litter box once or twice a week in addition to having toys, they'll be perfectly fine. Of course, interaction is an important thing as well."

She added a bit of sugar to her coffee then took a drink before answering the question. "You're a perfectly healthy young woman. Your weight is good for your height and body type and your reflexes are excellent. The only thing that I'm going to suggest that you do is start to take some multivitamins. You seem to have a small zinc deficiency, which is common, and additional vitamin C won't hurt."
Lisa
Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 am

The younger woman smiled and nodded, laughing when she felt a small head butt into her leg, craving a little more of her attention. "I can definitely see how active she is," she chuckled as she reached down to scratch the cat's head. "And yeah, I know they can take care of themselves, but if I don't spend time with the cat then I'll just feel terrible." Ceara let Delilah hop up into her lap again, helping the animal when she slipped on the way up. She paced around before curling up into a ball.

"Alright, thank you so much. That means I'm all good to take the pill, right?" She smiled again at the blonde. "Thank you again for doing this. I just don't want to do anything stupid. How much will it be? I don't have health insurance," she said with a grimace. That was probably something she had to rectify soon, given what she was doing half the time. Ceara had a relatively steady income, so getting it for herself was the smart thing to do. But for now she should have enough saved to pay for the prescription.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Tue May 28, 2013 1:55 am

Lisa laughed softly. "My best friend is much like that with her family, no matter what she might say otherwise. Though, their disapproval in her career choices doesn't help things in the least. Especially after her brother was murdered..." And that reason was precisely why Marian was not happy in the least about what Lisa did to help people. After all, if they were willing to kill a priest in cold blood, then a doctor was nothing.

"Yes, you're fine to. And you're welcome. I prescribed you one of the cheaper ones that are still reasonably effective so it should be about forty credits a month. When you fill it, it should come with a small pamphlet that includes potential side effects and what to do in case certain things start happening. Just so that you are aware, however, it can sometimes take several weeks or even a few months before your body adjusts to the hormones and it can take full effect. It will be the same when you stop taking the medicine as well. Most of the side effects are rather minor, but if you get concerned over any of them, go ahead and call me and we can talk it over and set up a quick exam to see if there's a bigger problem if needed."
Lisa
Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Wed May 29, 2013 1:08 am

She frowned. "That had to have been terrible," she murmured, imagining what it would feel like if Tal or, even though they weren't talking, Andrew was murdered. Ceara grimaced but shook her head to clear it of those thoughts. It wasn't healthy thinking like that.

She listened carefully to Lisa, nodding as the woman spoke. Forty credits was manageable, probably. Definitely if she kept fighting in the Arena. Ceara was a little wary about the side effects, but she figured it just was something that couldn't be avoided. Picking up her mug and finishing off the rest of the coffee, she smiled and plucked Delilah off her lap, setting the cat back onto the floor. "I should probably be getting home now, Lisa. Thank you so much again, for everything." She could probably grab her prescription on the way back I time for dinner. It certainly wasn't the way she had thought the night would go, but a lot came out of it. Ceara stood and smoothed down her clothes, holding out a hand for the other woman to shake. "It was very nice to meet you."

Once the small slip of paper was in her hands, Ceara bid the doctor and her cat one last good bye before heading out the door.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Wed May 29, 2013 2:33 am

"Yes, it was. He was a good man. A priest, actually. That's actually what decided her on becoming a private investigator," she said softly.

Lisa stood when Ceara did and shook the offered hand. "You're welcome. It's been a pleasure." She wrote up the prescription and passed it over before walking the younger woman to the door. "Travel safely," she said, watching Ceara walk away a bit before closing the door again and locking it.

At the soft meow near her ankles, she laughed softly and picked up Delilah. "Yes, I think she was nice too." Using her free hand, she cleaned up the kitchen before heading upstairs. While changing, she inspected the bruises she had gained earlier. They looked pretty bad, but didn't hurt that much. And considering what the alternative could have been... The doctor sighed softly and shook her head before slipping under the sheets, Delilah curling up at the small of her back once the light was out.

Hopefully the next time the two women encountered, it was with better circumstances.
Lisa
Lisa
D rank
D rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2