THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloodied, Bruised, and Never Giving up for a Second. You Know, Girl Stuff. (Haze/Phantom-Delivery)

2 posters

Go down

Bloodied, Bruised, and Never Giving up for a Second. You Know, Girl Stuff. (Haze/Phantom-Delivery) Empty Bloodied, Bruised, and Never Giving up for a Second. You Know, Girl Stuff. (Haze/Phantom-Delivery)

Post by Lara Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Fall had come so quickly, it was literally a chilling reminder of how life is ever changing, and how time will never slow for anyone. Lara was never one to pay much attention to time, for example she couldn't exactly say how long she was on her little 'break', but she figured that would have to change soon on the count of most of these missions were all about time.

'Speaking of time, better get going. I don't want to be late to my first real mission.' Phantom finished off the last of her tea and tossed the white cardboard cup, that was still warm from the previously present steaming liquid, into an overflowing trash can. The night was extremely cold, but not quite cold enough to see your breathe, not yet anyway. Still, having an immune system as weak as hers meant bundling up was a must. She wore a white long-sleeve under a leather jacket, jeans, boots, and a scarf. Causal was the way to go on a delivery mission right? It would make it easier to blend in and harder to catch, or that were her thoughts behind her outfit anyway.

As she approached the room containing the package, she looked on either side of her. 'Hmm, no one yet.' Her partner wasn't late, Phantom was just a bit early, so she decided to go in.

Using the keys given to her, she unlocked the door that lead to a fairly empty room. Once inside, her eyes immediately fell to a satchel that lay on a table. "So this must be the ever so important package.. looks harmless enough." She ran a hand over it gingerly and let her fingers linger on the buckles. Admittedly, it was extremely tempting to take a quick peak while no one was around, a sort of 'Pandora's box' situation, but we all know how that ended. Letting out a sigh, Phantom moved to the end of the table and leaned against the edge. 'Something tells me this isn't going to be as easy as it seems.' These things never were, and she was trying to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. 'A delivery's simple enough right?' She pulled out a piece of paper with the address on it. 'Still, that's a lot of ground to cover from here to there.'
Lara
Lara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Bloodied, Bruised, and Never Giving up for a Second. You Know, Girl Stuff. (Haze/Phantom-Delivery) Empty Re: Bloodied, Bruised, and Never Giving up for a Second. You Know, Girl Stuff. (Haze/Phantom-Delivery)

Post by Ceara Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Ceara shivered as a gust of wind sent her hair flying from her face and tugged the sides of her coat closer together, regretting her decision earlier that night to not bring a scarf. It was going to be a pretty shitty night for a delivery, but it was preferable to doing patrol or something in this chill. At least she would be moving. The girl didn’t really like these mundane missions, really, but it wasn’t as if she could take on client missions at her place in Solstice’s hierarchy, so she might as well do what she could to improve her reputation in the system. Even if it meant boring her to tears.

Seeing the door of the assigned meeting place, she quickened her pace, wanting a respite from the weather, no matter how brief. Ceara tried the handle, momentarily surprised when it turned. She thought she was early, but her partner evidently got here before her. That was a good sign that this Phantom person took their assignment seriously. “Hey,” she raised a hand in a small wave to the girl leaning on the table. They were probably both around the same age, and both harbingers, she thought, catching sight of the girl’s unnatural gold eyes. “Phantom, I presume? Haze,” She said, smiling politely. They were told each other’s names before, but Ceara wanted to introduce herself, even if it were just for the formality.

She made her way over to the bag, running a hand over the smooth leather and feeling a corner through it. The package inside was probably a box of some sort, then, and –she tapped it lightly with her fingers- one made of metal. That was the most accurate idea of it she could get without opening the satchel, and since that wasn’t allowed… Ceara sighed and shouldered the bag before taking the few steps to stand beside Phantom, leaning over a little to read the paper in her hands. “Hmm…” A small frown tugged at her lips. The address was all the way on the other side of the South. “We should probably get going.” She stepped back and headed to the door, holding it open for the other girl. “Bus, Metro, or foot? You can choose, I don’t really mind.”
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Bloodied, Bruised, and Never Giving up for a Second. You Know, Girl Stuff. (Haze/Phantom-Delivery) Empty Re: Bloodied, Bruised, and Never Giving up for a Second. You Know, Girl Stuff. (Haze/Phantom-Delivery)

Post by Lara Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:28 am

Lara nodded at the girl, not exactly smiling, but not frowning either. Lara didn't exude friendliness and didn't trust easily, but seeing as her partner was female, she was already in a better mood about the whole situation.

'Haze..' Lara ventured a guess at her partners mutation as she watched her poke curiously at the satchel, but her alias alone wasn't much to go off of she supposed. After a moments thought, she simply accepted that she'd likely find out later and turned her attention back to the paper, pondering possible routes.

"There's a bus that stops a few blocks away from this address, I'd say that's our best bet." Lara replied as the violet-eyed girl appeared at her side. The Metro was more of a direct route, but Lara figured anyone trying to intercept them would expect that. Plus, she had seen a package intercepted in the Metro first-hand a while back, and she wasn't about to get trapped in a tunnel a second time.

She lead the way out of the building and onto the street the bus stop was on, it wasn't too far from where they were but she hurried so they were sure to catch it. "I hope this means we're early." Lara stated, half joking and half serious, but mostly joking because she knew they hadn't missed it. Although, she had wished they had better timing, because now they were stuck waiting out in the bitter cold.

A brisk breeze caused Lara to shiver awkwardly, so she pulled her jacket closed tighter and rubbed her hands together. Looking around, she noticed there weren't as many people out as she had anticipated, however it wasn't hard to see and feel why. "Damn this weather." She cursed under her breathe.
Lara
Lara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 pm

Ah, so her partner wasn’t the type to make friends. That was fine though, Ceara didn’t mind; neither was she, really, but it was still nice to know for sure that someone had her back. At least the other girl hadn’t thrown her any nasty glances and her aura wasn’t radiating hostility, so Phantom just wanted to get this job done as much as Ceara did.

"There's a bus that stops a few blocks away from this address, I'd say that's our best bet."

She nodded and followed her partner silently, locking the room after them. It didn’t take the two of them very long to hurry to the bus stop, but apparently they didn’t need to rush because when they made it there, the bus hadn’t arrived. "I hope this means we're early." Ceara let out a small huff of amusement. They better be, because if they didn’t –she walked over to check the times- the next bus arrived twenty minutes later, and she really did not want to wait in this chill for that long. “Damn this weather.”

Ceara grunted in agreement, too cold to say much. She followed Phantom’s actions, rubbing her hands together and cupping them over her mouth in hopes of some warmth. Blinking, she reached into her coat pocket, pulling out some thin gloves. They weren’t meant for insulating heat, only for protecting her knuckles, but they served their purpose. The other girl was much more prepared for the weather than Ceara, but she seemed to be shaking harder. Sensitive to cold, maybe? She sighed and fidgeted with the strap of the bag, adjusting its position on her shoulder. Whatever it was, the bus needed to arrive soon, or they’d both freeze. Maybe she was exaggerating a bit, but damn it was really cold for this time of year.

From the corner of her eye she saw a flash of headlights and sighed in relief, pulling out her wallet as the bus screeched to a stop before the two girls. Ceara paid the fare and moved to the far back of the bus, thankful for the heated interior.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:37 am

Lara noticed Haze pull out some gloves, they weren't the typical warmth type gloves, in fact they reminded her of her own gloves that had brass knuckles built in 'Oh shit!' , she realized she had forgotten said gloves. It was an honest mistake, she tried convincing herself, and it wasn't like she had to have them to fight well. Still, it was a little unsettling just how out of practice she was. Not that she was afraid, or at least she wouldn't admit something like that to even herself, but she simply thought it'd be nice if she caught a break this one time. Just once, in her rock slide of a life, she'd like for things to go smoothly. Really, was that too much to ask?

As the bus screeched to a halt she let out a sigh of relief right along with her partner, who seemed to despise the current chill as much as she. They payed the fare and Lara followed Haze to the back, but instead of sitting right by her she took a seat a few feet away, far enough so they didn't seem like they were together but close enough to where they could speak without drawing too much attention.

She pulled up some of the scarf from behind her and used it to cover her head like a hood as she sat back to assume a position that read more relaxed. Lara was still alert of her surroundings, but she had to admit that after a few minutes of steady swaying and the warmth of the heating system, she could very easily fall asleep.

Lara motioned at the satchel and peeked out from under her newly formed hood, "So, you're a student? What year, or how long have you been enrolled?" She decided to speak up to keep from dozing off, and although it was just them and the driver at the moment, she chose to talk in a sort of code rather than come straight out and ask the girl where she stood in Solstice.
Lara
Lara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Ceara sighed, leaning her head on the window. At this rate, the rocking of the bus was going to lull her to sleep. And not only her, if the way Phantom’s head was bobbing meant anything. So she was thankful when the other girl spoke up. "So, you're a student? What year, or how long have you been enrolled?"

She straightened up, feeling slightly confused at the random question before understanding dawned on her. “Yup, just got out of a psych class. And only for a few months, so it hasn’t been too bad. I’ve been doing pretty well so far, but I know it’s going to get worse soon.” She laughed slightly, keeping her tone light. She hoped Phantom understood the hints she dropped - the little one about her power and that she was an associate now, but was hoping for a promotion in the near future.

The bus slid to a stop then, and instinctively Ceara watched the front door from the corner of her eye, only relaxing slightly when she confirmed the woman that sat towards the front was harmless with a quick use of her power. Blinking quickly to clear her blurred vision, Ceara turned back to her partner. “So, how ‘bout you? You’re around my age, are you a student?”

Last edited by Ceara on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 pm

“Yup, just got out of a psych class. And only for a few months, so it hasn't been too bad. I've been doing pretty well so far, but I know it’s going to get worse soon.” Haze replied in a rather chipper tone, and Lara couldn't tell if she was simply playing the part or if she was really trying to be friendly with her, either way she understood most of what she was trying to translate over to her. They looked to be nearly the same age, and yet Haze was already an associate and probably very near another promotion, this revealed a lot about her own drive to Lara. Maybe her heart wasn't as in it as she had originally thought, it was pretty clear to her there was something holding her back, something that kept her from giving it her all. Maybe she simply didn't care about labels, maybe she just wanted the experience, that would be the "cool" thing to call her slacking off anyway.

Lara didn't think much of Haze's mention of a psych class until she seemed to shoot an odd glance at a woman boarding the bus, then shortly after seemed to have some kind of twitch or irritation in her eyes. Maybe she was hinting that she could read minds or something? Still she didn't think too much on the matter as Haze posed a similar question to her own.

She shrugged and moved into a sitting position, giving more attention to their small conversation. "Yeah, but I guess you could say I'm as fresh as they come, I just started some weeks back. I'm a bit of a slacker though, I should probably be done with my first semester by now, but I took some time off for a while." Lara paused for a moment of thought, "Maybe I'm in it more so for my parents than myself, or for my dad I should say. He has really pushed me to where I am today." Her gaze trailed off, "He deserves all that I hope to give him someday, I owe him much." Lara cleared her throat and fidgeted a bit as she realized just how personal she had gotten, and she was relieved when the bus coming to a stop had changed the mood back to high alert.

She sat back and let her hood shadow her face once again as three men around their age boarded the bus. Lara was no mind reader, but these guys were definitely radiating some weird vibes their way. She peeked at Haze from under her hood to see her reaction to the small group, something told her she was a better judge on personalities than she was.
Lara
Lara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 pm

A prospect, huh. Ceara had no problems with that, she was in that position not too long ago. She didn’t feel superior or anything, and she had no right to be, just as long as Phantom didn’t fuck up their mission. And their mission was rather straightforward, Ceara couldn’t think of any way either of them could mess it up. "Maybe I'm in it more so for my parents than myself, or for my dad I should say. He has really pushed me to where I am today." So she was in it for protection for her family? Ceara could respect her for that; she didn’t have any blood relatives herself (besides Andrew and his family, but he was in Solstice too and the others were apparently all dicks, so that didn’t count for much), but she considered Talia a sister and protecting her friend was her initial reason for joining the gang.

"He deserves all that I hope to give him someday, I owe him much." Ceara tilted her head at the strange tone Phantom took on. She didn’t even need her power to tell that the other girl had tensed up a bit and was digging a little deeper than the question required. Resentment, then. Not protection. Ceara leaned forward, about to say something in response when she heard the doors slide open and flicked her eyes in that direction, quickly settling back in her seat.

Three men –three very, very hostile men, she amended, peeking at their auras- boarded, and the girl didn’t miss the way the largest man’s eyes honed in on the bag before glancing away. They knew about the package, then, and weren’t afraid of taking it by force, if the outlines of knifes in their pockets were anything to go by. How they knew about it and why they wanted it wasn’t important, what was important was getting out of the vehicle. Ceara reached out and pressed the button for the next stop. No need to beat around the bush and pretend that they didn’t have the package when the men obviously knew what they were here for. She just needed to get out of the bus so that the woman and the driver didn’t get accidentally hurt.

She stood up as the bus began to slow down, not looking in Phantom’s direction. The men had no reason to think that they were working together, so they could use that to their advantage. Ceara just hoped that Phantom caught on and could find her later, she thought as she pushed open the doors and stepped out into the cold again. It was a small relief to see the men follow her few seconds later, not sparing Phantom a glance. Now she just needed to either lose them or fight them. The girl sped up a little, turning into an alley.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:11 am

Lara didn't budge the whole time the little scene of the three men following Haze off the bus played out, they were successful in hiding the fact that they were together, and she wanted to keep it that way as long as she could. The bus began to take off once again, but as soon as the group was out of site and in the alley, Lara quickly phased through the back of the bus and landed on her feet with a small splash. 'What the hell.. rain?' Lara hadn't even noticed it started to rain, well it was more of a sprinkle, but it was going long enough that the streets were now glistening with a light coat of water.

'Shit, they'll hear me coming for sure.' She thought as she slowly made her way to the entrance of the alley and peeked in from behind one of the building's corners. They were keeping very close to her, but for some reason they hadn't made their move yet, which was very baffling to Lara since they had the perfect opportunity to do so in the alleyway. Anyway, now wasn't the time to get into her enemies minds, now was the time to act fast and make a move before they did.

Without much more thought, she hurried into the building, hoping she could make it to the end of the alley before the others did. The door she busted in through revealed a small Chinese food restaurant that seemed to be closing for the night. The little staff that was there looked at her in shock and barely got any words out as she swiftly made her way through to the kitchen in the back, where she grabbed a cup and shattered it on the floor. 'Come on come on come on.' She took a small handful of shards and quickly took off for the back door. Once outside, she jumped off the stairs and passed right by Haze as she turned the corner out of the alley, and instead bumped into one of the guys following her.

"Oh shit, sorry!" Lara apologized, while keeping her head down so her hood still shadowed her face. "Move!" The same guy barked angrily, shoving her to the side. He grabbed at his chest as he continued in pursuit of Haze, and with that Lara smiled. She had successfully inserted the small glass shards into his system, they were small enough that he didn't notice them too much, but they were enough to get the job done. Within minutes his body would have carried the shards to his heart, and he would collapse in excruciating pain, and possibly die a few minutes later. It was the best she could conjure up, but it could possibly provide a quick distraction for Haze to make her escape. At the very least, it was one guy down.

Spoiler:
Lara
Lara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

By the time Ceara made it to the end of the alley she was already at a flat out sprint, and the men were right behind her. They were fast, but she was faster, and they were making a mistake of chasing her as a group. Though she probably couldn’t keep this up for very long, she wasn’t meant for running long distances. At this rate she would have to stop somewhere and stand her ground. Hopefully Phantom would have caught up to her by then.

And speak of the devil.

The girl caught the sight of blonde hair from the corner of her eye right before brushing past her partner.

“Oh shit, sorry!”

“Move!”

She didn’t know how the other girl found her so fast, but she wouldn’t complain; at least now she knew for sure that she wasn’t alone. And the men still didn’t seem to know that they were working together. Ceara pushed just a little bit harder, speeding up after turning the corner. She could feel herself already growing tired, her breath already labored. She’d have to ask her cousin for tips on how to improve her stamina, but that would come later- right now she needed to focus on getting out of this mess.

From behind her she heard a grunt, and then the sound of a body hitting the ground. “What the fuck? Dude, get up. You, fucking go after her, damnit!” The footsteps that had stopped when one of the men had fallen started up again, only this time from a single pair of feet. Ceara didn’t know what happened, but she had a feeling Phantom had something to do with it, and she was going to take advantage of it. Turning a second corner, she slowed down to a stop, catching her breath, and settled into a more combat ready stance.

Spoiler:
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Yes, only a few feet later he collapsed, and now Haze's pursuers were down to one. Lara had no doubt in her mind that Haze could easily take him down, so she focused her attention on the two left behind. One was on the ground and slowly losing consciousness, obviously, but the other one who was standing nervously by him seemed to have some sort of phone or radio held up to his ear.

"I don't fucking know! He just fucking collapsed all of a sudden!" He had his hand to his head in disbelief and looked at his fallen comrade. "What the hell!? Now blood's coming out of his fucking mouth! I thought this was supposed to be a cake walk! What the fuck's goin' on man?" It was clear her was freaking out, but whoever was on the other line seemed to be calming him down because he took a few deep breathes before giving the names of the streets they were on, in a much calmer tone than before.

'He's, he's calling for back up? Damn, how important is this package?' She slowly made her way closer and closer, hoping he didn't turn around, but just as she was about to grab him, he quickly spun around and swung at her. Lara ducked just in time to avoid contact, and since he aimed high, she was able to land a good punch to his side. He grunted as some air was knocked out of him, but it wasn't enough to knock him down.

"Y-you!" He looked at her, confused as ever, she didn't give him time to put pieces together though. Lara ran straight for him and dodged most of his throws before she finally managed to get her knee up to his chin, knocking him back. In the split second that he held his face in pain, she heeled him hard in the side of his head, causing him to lose consciousness as well. 'Two down.' She thought as she tried to figure out which way her partner had gone.
Lara
Lara
D rank
D rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 pm

He brought out a knife as soon as he saw her. It should’ve been something to be concerned about, but this guy was new at this, she could tell. The way he was holding his knife, the trembling of his aura, his stance… That was good for her, not so much for this guy. A few jibes at his ego and a small taunting smile at his direction, and he was lunging at her, swiping at her face. She simply dodged backwards, watching his form. Ceara still kept that smirk on her face, and that seemed to infuriate him even further. He swung at her again, this time with his entire body, and she took the chance he gave her, ducking under the blade and kicking at his legs, knocking him to the floor. From there it was a simple matter to take his weapon and knock him out by slamming his head down onto the pavement.

Ceara sighed and brushed herself off, pocketing her new knife while peeking around the corner. Her eyes zeroed in on to the radio on the floor by one of the unconscious bodies. She met Phantom’s eyes, the other girl’s expression confirming what she thought. “Come on, we have to get out now.” They were still at least 20 minutes away from their destination, enough time for backup to arrive. Not waiting for a response, she began to jog down the alley.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down