THE RADIUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconciliation -- Andrew, Ceara

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reconciliation -- Andrew, Ceara - Page 3 Empty Re: Reconciliation -- Andrew, Ceara

Post by Andrew Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Andrew laughed softly. "The funny thing is, she doesn't realize when she's being scary a lot of the time. She just gets... focused and... intense, I guess. And I don't know if it's the goggles or what, but she gives me the heebie jeebies sometimes." He shivered theatrically then laughed. "She's actually not too bad to get to know. And really, that sinkhole? Shit. And I remember that bounty." He had kind of freaked out and treated Ceara like glass for a week afterward.

He blushed again and shuffled his feet. "I'm not that good," he mumbled, looking at his shoes. Halt had been trying to get him to put some in his shop though, but Halt was a different story entirely after all. "Besides, you know that once people find out the painter is a harbinger, any interest that there might have been would completely vanish because of that," he tacked on, that same old bitter cynicism in his voice. Sometimes, he really did hate people, no matter how much he tried not to.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants
Total Spent Rep: 180

Back to top Go down

Reconciliation -- Andrew, Ceara - Page 3 Empty Re: Reconciliation -- Andrew, Ceara

Post by Ceara Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:15 am

She laughed, bouncing lightly on his bed. "I know, right? Imagine you're in this dark cave and the first things you see are her lenses." Ceara grinned and stopped bouncing, flopping back on the bed. In all seriousness, she was relieved that someone like Shade was looking over Andrew, and had been while she couldn't. At least he had been safe for those few months.

She hooked fingers behind her head, lifting up to glance at him. "Are you kidding me? You're fucking fantastic. Better than most artists I've seen, though that's an admittedly small number. You have a talent, Andrew. A useful one, unlike mine, which just seems to be smashing and breaking things." She chuckled derisively to herself and rolled onto her side, sitting back up again. Really, when was the last time she did something legal that didn't involve eating, sleeping, or sex?

She sighed and met his eyes again. "Maybe for some people, but most people just like it if it looks good, ya know? We're all pretty superficial people." It was a sad truth, one that she knew well. Harbinger haters were plentiful, but there were just as many sympathizers.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:12 pm

A thought struck him. "What the heck do her eyes look like anyway?" he asked randomly. "Sorry. Shade's. I've never seen them. I wonder if Trevor has... Have you?" He waved it off. "Nevermind."

He flopped onto the bed next to her and folded his hands on his stomach, looking at the ceiling. He should paint that too, just for the heck of it because why not? He'd need to get a pair of stilts or something like that to make it easier. Maybe he could even talk Trevor into letting him share his bed while the protective cloths were over everything.

"You really think I'm good?" he asked, hoping he didn't sound as vulnerable as he felt right at the moment. "I mean, Halt tells me that he likes my art and stuff, but he's my best friend and all. Isn't he supposed to say stuff like that? Or tease me about it?" He huffed and shrugged a little, rolling his head to look at her before he grinned. "Everybody needs somebody. Everybody needs somebody to love, someone to love," he sang, a little off key, before he started to laugh and couldn't keep going.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Ceara laughed. "Weren't you listening? I only met her twice and both times we were both trying to get out of some crazy shit. Didn't really bother with asking what color her eyes are." When you were running for your life while simultaneously avoiding getting your head taken off by a raging hippo of a man, thoughts like that didn't really cross your mind.

She grinned when Andrew's sudden weight on the bed made her bounce lightly, and dropped back down to lie down next to him. "C'mon. I'm serious!" Ceara sighed and rolled over, propping herself up on her elbows. "A good friend is supposed to do that, but not a best friend. They're supposed to tell you the truth, and Halt isn't lying. You really could sell these if you wanted. But that's my opinion. Do what you want with it, I guess." He really didn't have to listen to her at all.

Ceara groaned, grabbing a pillow and bopping him lightly on the head with it. "You are so off key. Don't sing. Please." She tried putting on a stern look before breaking into a large grin and laughing along with him.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Andrew stuck his tongue out at his cousin. "I have never claimed to be good at singing. Even that time I had to pose as a singer didn't help much." He blinked then flushed softly and tried to change the subject.

"And hey, for all I knew, you might have seen them rather than needing to ask. And honestly, who goes around asking to see other harbingers' eyes? That seems a bit wonky to me. Not that I'm the best judge, all things considered." He did jump off of roofs for fun after all.

"Oh, how's Sassy doing anyway? It's been a while so, yeah. I was just wondering. She's been healthy and hasn't given you any problems, has she?" He didn't know why he was so concerned since the bird didn't like him much and he didn't like it all that much either, but he knew how much Ceara loved the feather duster so he didn't want anything to have happened to it. Maybe he could buy it something as a gesture of reconciliation?
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:54 am

She raised her eyebrow, curious another the context of this situation but not willing to push it, not now. Especially not now. "Gonna pretend I didn't hear that," she said, chuckling softly.

"Actually, some creepy guy I ran into in a bookstore did that to me. Got all up in my personal space and shit, was really into learning about harbingers. There might be people who hate our existence, but there are people completely on the other side of the spectrum." She laughed and rolled over, propping her head up with her arms and turned it to the side to look at him. "I'm not sure which type I prefer, actually."

She smiled at the mention of her pet bird. "She's fine. I thought she would've grown out of her tendency to nip at my earrings, but nope. I think she figured out that I'll give her a treat to get her to stop." Probably a bad way to train your pet, but she loved the stupid thing too much not to spoil it a little. Or a lot. Ceara did what she wanted, no one could tell her how to take care of her pet.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:33 am

Andrew wrinkled his nose. "Yeah, that is really creepy. You hit him, right?" He'd be surprised if she hadn't. After all, she had hit other people for lesser offenses before - him half the time (not that it had been unjustified for most of them, he admitted a little grudgingly). "And yeah, I don't know either." One of his old clients had been one of the obsessed ones and had tried to convince him to stick around as a pet. Needless to say, he had gotten out of there as quickly as he could, but at least she hadn't tried to kill Andrew.

"Well, they're shiny so they'd get her attention, right? I mean, have you seen pigeons with a laser pointer? It's friggin' funny. But I wouldn't put it past her to do that either." He grinned at her. "You should try that with me sometime. Like, the next time I annoy you. Just toss me a cookie or something and have me shut up for five minutes." His grin widened then he laughed.

After a little bit of comfortable silence, he shuffled closer to curl up next to her, putting his arm lightly over her back. "I've missed being able to talk with you," he said softly.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceara Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:52 am

She laughed, dropping her head down onto the bed spread. "Of course I did, who do you think I am?" At least she thought she hit him, it had been a while and she tended to push those kinds of creepy as fuck encounters to the back of her mind. They happened too often for her to be comfortable, if she was being honest. Ceara met some freaky people as a gang member. Best not to think about it.

She absentmindedly rubbed at her left ear, flicking the one earring Sassy apparently loved the most out of all of them. "No, but now I kind of want to try the laser pointer thing. And I did carry around candy in my pockets for a long time after meeting you, I was going to shove them in your face when you talked too much. They last longer than cookies."

Ceara stiffened just a little bit under his arm. Why was he already so accepting of her? She knew if the positions were switched she'd still be wary of him. She sighed and cuddled closer. But that was why Andrew was Andrew and she was Ceara. "Missed you too," she mumbled into his hair.
Ceara
Ceara
B rank
B rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 pm

He wrapped his arms around her in a proper hug, smiling as he squeezed her tightly. He didn't fully trust her again, not yet, but he had missed her too much to not want to try and fix things. And he knew very well the power of deluding yourself that everything was okay made it that way, or at least made it easier to pretend.

"Wait," he started, blinking. "You actually did carry candy and you didn't share with me? Well that's not fair." He paused, tilting his head in thought as he turned it over in his head. "You thought I'd get hyper, didn't you?" Well, more hyper than most people already thought he was. It wasn't his fault he was energetic. "I'll make you rethink not sharing candy with me," he said with a grin before shifting to his knees to start tickling her sides.

Things were absolutely fine and he was going to make sure that they stayed that way. Even if it required hurting someone for that and even if that someone was himself.
Andrew
Andrew
C rank
C rank

Implants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3